Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Shelley Hack’s hair always look so dry?

Didn’t the hairstylists on the set of Charlie’s Angels have any product in 1980? This is Shelley on a good hair day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 17, 2020 5:21 AM

WTF? She looks great

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2020 8:37 PM

Her hair was like straw. Like something the three little pigs would like.

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2020 8:38 PM

She needed a little Brylcreem, which was out of style at the time.

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2020 8:38 PM

Bleaching and dying your hair repeatedly damages it. No amount of creams and gloss masks etc make a difference. They just smooth the cuticles temporarily. The cuticles sticking up are what give bleach blondes that frizzy fried look.

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2020 8:42 PM

That’s it, r4!

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2020 8:43 PM

I agree, that hair was THIRSTY! She needed a VO5 hot oil treatment. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2020 8:45 PM

R4 that would mean every blondes hair looks that bad. It doesn’t (although brunette hair will always be shinier).

Some can withstand it more than others. She probably has/had very fragile /fine hair that doesn’t take the highlights well.

Cheryl Ladd’s hair looks perfectly nice.

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2020 8:46 PM

Jacyln and Cheryl’s hair looked well fed.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2020 8:47 PM

Bow down!

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2020 8:49 PM

This is a naked attempt by the Kate Jackson troll to undermine Our Shelley.

[italic]Go back to the hoarders' paradise that's your pill popping idol's lonely lair, bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2020 8:53 PM

she was supposed to be the sporty, preppy, Kate Hepburn-esque one. Her hair reflected that, she looked like she spent high school on the field hockey field and spent a lot of time in the sun helping mother win blue ribbons at the geranium show and helping father with his sailboat in Boston harbor.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2020 8:54 PM

I 💗 r10!

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2020 8:55 PM

She needed some Alberto Vo5 Hot Oil Treatment™

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2020 8:55 PM

Right. And Kate Jackson needed some Charlie perfume sprayed in her fuckin' eyes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2020 9:02 PM

I’m watching the Nip and Tuck episode right now.

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2020 9:05 PM

I think Shelley actually used Prell. I only did the commercials. (She clearly skipped the conditioner).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2020 9:07 PM

Prell smelled good but dried the shit out my 6 yr old gay hair.

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2020 9:21 PM

They really did a good job with Cheryl Ladd replacing Farrah.

Why they couldn't find someone to replace Kate is odd. You'd think that it wouldn't have been that tough, but Tanya and Shelley were terrible. Comparatively, the Cheryl and Jaclyn were M and G in their acting skills.

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2020 9:26 PM

I’m watching season 4. Shelley hack was much better than she has been given credit for.

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2020 9:41 PM

Really unforgivable when this was available.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2020 9:58 PM

RE: r15 [bold]"I’m watching the Nip and Tuck episode right now."[/bold]

From the (astute!) comments:

[quote]The instant death that befell season 5 was due largely to the fact that Tanya failed big time to live up to the hype. Producers said she was better, sexier. NOT!!! There's sexy and there's slutty. There's a big difference. And hello, girls who are smart and can dress up well can be very sexy, too, you know. Shelley was head and shoulders above Tanya in most everything. Shelley did very well when given longer exposure and good material to work on. Tanya was boring and static, and so horribly out of place. From the first episode to the last of the doomed season, Tanya was nothing but a hanger for her pair of bikini. and they dare call her an "actress"?!? That's a big, big laugh and the joke was on the show and its producers. The public was so damn right in rejecting this cheap stunt and ultimately in serving the death sentence to the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2020 10:55 PM

OP you know you're the mariest Mary who ever maried, right?

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2020 10:58 PM

[italic]Everyone[/italic] knows Shelley used Breck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2020 11:03 PM

R11, you fucking POSER!

Geraniums don’t like full sun.

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2020 11:11 PM

I meant the stink’n fuck’n Calla Lillies!

by Anonymousreply 25August 9, 2020 11:21 PM

Not enough semen.

by Anonymousreply 26August 9, 2020 11:23 PM

Maybe Shelley Shocked 😳 just wanted to match the drapes to the ratchet carpet?

by Anonymousreply 27August 9, 2020 11:25 PM

some haircolors always look dry in artificial lighting.

even some gorgeous brunettes with multicolored natural highlights.

by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2020 7:01 AM

R23 WTF?? There's swanlike neck and then there's fucking GIRAFFE neck. That picture of Shelley definitely demonstrates the latter.

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2020 7:24 AM

Tanya had great looking hair in CA. She fucked it up soon after the show by going blonde and starring in Sheena Queen of the Jungle.

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2020 10:18 AM

Kate jackson's hairstyle was shit

Jaclyn Smith's hairstyles were mostly fine

Farrah Fawcett's hair style was iconic

Cheryl Ladd's hair looked good in the 1st and 2nd seasons.

Shelley Hack's hair looked like something the 3 little pigs would want to use to build a house.

Tanya Robert's hairstyle looked perfectly fine on her.

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2020 12:20 PM

I just rewatched the camp fest horror movie The Stepfather, starring Our Shelley. If you haven't watched it it's a must see. If you have, it gets better each time. Yes, Shelly's hair is a tad thirsty in it, but she looks fabulous and has fun with the part.

Check it out on Hulu. NOT the remake though. UGH.

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2020 2:47 PM

[quote]Prell smelled good but dried the shit out my 6 yr old gay hair.

You could use Prell to wash a bass boat.

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2020 3:09 PM

There was a girl in my high school with hair like that and it wasn't even bleached. Really pretty girl with naturally blond hair that looked like straw. Just naturally coarse I guess.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2020 3:16 PM

Fun fact, her last name was Hoe. R34

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2020 3:17 PM

I figured she had pissed off the hairstylists like she pissed off Nolan Miller. He bitched about her in several interviews

by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2020 3:24 PM

R34 maybe an erection will pop out of the top of her pubehead like a unicorn🦄

by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2020 3:24 PM

R14 Seriously... I hope you are feeling better now...

by Anonymousreply 38August 10, 2020 6:50 PM

Do you honestly think the crew hated her that badly that they would sabotage her hair care?

by Anonymousreply 39August 10, 2020 6:54 PM

R11 LMAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 40August 10, 2020 7:23 PM

she was fine until they told her she wasn’t coming back the next season, then she understandably got upset. I’d act like a bitch too.

by Anonymousreply 41August 10, 2020 9:19 PM

The comment R21 quotes is the MARY!est MARY! that ever MARY!ied.

by Anonymousreply 42August 10, 2020 9:22 PM

It was her way of announcing her anger at losing the VO5 contract.

by Anonymousreply 43August 10, 2020 9:48 PM

So according to OP Kate Jackson's hairstyle was shit R31 What a nice thing to say. And he seems an expert, too....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 10, 2020 11:03 PM

Yes Kate had a shit hairstyle for 3 seasons. No change or variation. Pure shit!

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2020 12:34 AM

I speak well of you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2020 12:56 AM

R45 No variation, huh. Nice try, OP. Really. But wrong. It‘s ok, though. Don‘t worry! It‘s aaalright.

by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2020 2:43 AM

I don't know, but the clothes got SO much better for all the Angels in her season.

They cut off all the butterfly collars and burned the black turtlenecks.

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2020 2:50 AM

She was donning a wig made from Bette Davis's dried-up pubes.

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2020 2:56 AM

I just wish her hair didn’t look like blonde straw.

by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2020 10:02 PM

If her hair were any dryer, it could start a brush fire

by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2020 1:33 AM

[quote]Why did Shelley Hack’s hair always look so dry?

I'll take The Most DL-esque DL Thread Topics Ever for $1,000, Alex

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2020 6:04 AM

She had conditioned it nicely by 1982. Whew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2020 6:10 AM

Perhaps she washed her hair too often and then straightened it as part of her styling routine. That'll suck the life out of an otherwise good head of hair.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2020 6:12 AM

Huge Kate fan here; she broke me heart in the Rookies episode in which Jill was shot in the back at the restaurant just as she was about to tell Mike she was pregnant.

That said, Shelley was great; Aaron could have hired her for Dynasty.

There needed to be more backstory and personal relationships shown with the angels. In the first season, we learned Sabrina had an ex and a dad; Kelly was adopted and that Jill was...well, beautiful. Tying Kris to Jill was smart. Tiff's dad knew Charlie and that was...it?

I would have let Kate go off to do Kramer IF she stayed on CA an extra year. Kick off the season with Sabrina being kidnapped and a few Angels come on as guest stars in arcs as Kris and Kelly and Bos try to find her; tie it into one of Farrah's mandatory return guest spots.

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2020 6:30 AM

R55 I think the Three’s Company producers made Cindy Snow related to Chrissy Snow thinking they would have the same kind of “replacement luck.” But alas.

by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2020 6:48 AM

Come on, OP. There are tons of SH pictures out there with hair more parched!

Her old lady hair is smoother than that mess from her “hay” day:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 12, 2020 7:10 AM

I am now of the opinion that the CA hair-stylists really did have it in for her and sabotaged her hair.

by Anonymousreply 58August 12, 2020 6:33 PM

R55 Brilliant comment! "I would have let Kate go off to do Kramer IF she stayed on CA an extra year. Kick off the season with Sabrina being kidnapped and a few Angels come on as guest stars in arcs as Kris and Kelly and Bos try to find her; tie it into one of Farrah's mandatory return guest spots." This would have been perfect! Spelling and Goldberg just didn't try hard enough. I heard that Kate would have stayed on CA for one or two years had she been allowed to do K vs K.

I never watched seasons 4 or 5. Would have been too painful to watch without Kate in it. Just watched some very short clips recently to see what Shelley and Tanya were all about... What I expected... No more 70s Angel magic. So I agree. Shelley would have been fine for Dynasty but not for the cool Angels.

Which Rookies episode and season is the one you mentioned? I'd love to watch it!

by Anonymousreply 59August 12, 2020 7:16 PM

Sabrina Duncan was the most lez like of all of them.

by Anonymousreply 60August 12, 2020 7:47 PM

The split ends could be truly horrifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 12, 2020 9:35 PM

Why wasn't Sandy Duncan brought in to replace Kate Jackson?

Was she too busy with her Wheat Thins commitments?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 13, 2020 12:19 AM

R62-They were afraid she would get behind the wheel of the Pinto, not see where she was going because of her goddamn glass eye, drive into a truck and barbecue Cheryl Ladd and herself.

by Anonymousreply 63August 13, 2020 12:30 AM

But the follow up of Kelly having to (literally) pick up the piece and identify the remains would have been an Emmy lock.

[italic]”Tonight, in a very special episode...”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 13, 2020 12:54 AM

R61 That hair was a crazy mess from the get-go. There was no way they could make it look shiny, playful or even cool.

by Anonymousreply 65August 13, 2020 5:25 AM

I saw a few episodes from season 4 where her hair did not look like something the 3 little pigs built.

by Anonymousreply 66August 13, 2020 1:51 PM

R10 Shelley looks just like his older sis'. She would have been perfect in this, admittedly very average movie. Perfect!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 13, 2020 3:35 PM

Shitface

by Anonymousreply 68August 13, 2020 11:53 PM

Shelley had been working in the cut throat world of modeling since age 14 or something. She didn't have time for bimbo slackers like Jaclyn and Ladd, who were late to the game.

Ironically, she'd have got along great with borderline-bitter Kate Jackson, I'm sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 14, 2020 3:08 AM

R68 Stop it now! Leave Shelley alone!!!

by Anonymousreply 70August 14, 2020 12:00 PM

That’s interesting. R69 I’m curious to know why you think Shelley Hack and the amazing Kate Jackson would’ve gotten along had they worked together? Because I feel that way! Two beautiful, smart Angels would have been perfect. And yet they were so different in looks and personality. That would have made for an eclectic mix. Besides, Kate once said in an interview in the mid 80s: „I met Shelley Hack and she was very nice."

by Anonymousreply 71August 14, 2020 3:01 PM

Tiffany was from Boston, MA.

by Anonymousreply 72August 14, 2020 8:33 PM

Her hair was whore-tastic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 15, 2020 12:30 AM

R71 Shelley fan? No response to my sincere question?

by Anonymousreply 74August 15, 2020 7:19 PM

R18 So you think replacing Kate Jackson wouldn’t have been hard? You’re not much into Charlie’s Angels, are you. Let's see. Kate Jackson was just as gorgeous as the other Angels but didn’t do the skimpy outfits and wasn’t much into glam. She dared to have her beautiful hair shoulder length instead of long like all the other Angels. For those reasons she was underrated. Mostly by those who were obsessed with long hair, big hair, curls and glamor. And divas. Which Kate was not. Thank goodness. But she had what the other Angels lacked: charisma! That sparkle in her eyes. She did own the screen.

Did you know Kate co-created Charlie’s Angels? To call them Angels and the mysterious Charlie were her ideas! That’s how the show came alive (because the producers wanted to call them The Alley Cats...). As we know it was a winning concept! Of course Kate never got paid a cent for her crucial ideas. Anyway, Kate was the first Angel to be cast. THE original Angel. She was the only one who could pull off a wide range of disguises and accents. She was hands-down the best actress. A trained actress. A pro! And it showed! Kate loved to improvise and to surprise the others. She was the glue that held it all together.

Her Sabrina Duncan character was very unconventional, perky, fun. Never boring but unique. Can’t beat that, can you. Hence she was irreplaceable. No one could fill her shoes. Ever! That's why the show went downhill when Kate left.

As for the fashion. R48 Oooh... the clothes got better for the Angels in Season 4?? Really??!! Season 4 and 5 were so 80s. The fashion became unbearably tacky and cheap. The producers wanted it to be very glamorous… I mean…spandex? Whereas the 70s Angels were cool and sexy in those bell bottoms and T-shirts and those very 70s collars! Heaven! And less glamorous. So much cooler! Magic!

by Anonymousreply 75August 16, 2020 8:02 PM

Sabrina was a classic pearl-clutcher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 16, 2020 10:38 PM

R75 needs to jump in the toilet with his Kate Jackson idol worship.

Season 4 was great! Long live Tiffany Welles!

by Anonymousreply 77August 16, 2020 10:53 PM

R76 R77 Now don't be sad, guys. Good night and good luck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 17, 2020 5:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!