Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another case for the DL Detective Agency

Kansas City mother of three is missing and Hubby is a pastor. Hmmmmmm.

Let’s solve this one too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428August 25, 2020 5:05 PM

The husband is having an affair with a parishioner and thought that murder was less scandalous than a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2020 1:27 PM

Was the murder his underage youth group president lover?

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2020 1:37 PM

One thing we ALWAYS know here at the DL detective agency: Some young man's peen is at the center of this crime

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2020 1:42 PM

he seems completely at ease with her disappearance.

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2020 1:46 PM

I just saw his statement on the news. He did it.

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2020 1:47 PM

He'll claim it was The Rapture.

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2020 1:49 PM

She's from Kansas and married to a pastor so she's probably better off dead.

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2020 1:51 PM

Oh, fuck. Here we go again.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2020 1:53 PM

He’s just getting the first whiff of cookies in OP pic.

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2020 1:56 PM

He looks like a mashup of three of my exes. Weeeiirrd.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2020 2:05 PM

Pray the gay away.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2020 2:08 PM

Where is the mid-South? I’m not familiar with that term?

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2020 2:16 PM

was it murder for hire then as it appears he may have alibi of geography?

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2020 2:16 PM

I’m confused, it said she’s a chaplin in Birmingham, how does that work if she lives in Kansas?

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2020 2:17 PM

I applaud her for not wanting to get mental health support in Kansas, but why go south e it could only be worse? Shouldn’t she have been on the way to Chicago or the Mayo Clinic?

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2020 2:19 PM

It was some Puerto Rican guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2020 2:19 PM

any shirtless or nude pics? He's kind of hot.

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2020 2:20 PM

So is this the Chris Watts case of the summer? Have they looked at phone exchanges with the mistress yet?

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2020 2:27 PM

He's smiling with his mouth but not with his eyes..... gives me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2020 2:30 PM

Creeps & Willies - new band name - called it!!

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2020 2:31 PM

Marilane? What is it with these weird ass names of murdered mommies? And I bet it’s not pronounced anything like one imagines. Don’t name your daughters weird ass names and let them marry closet cases needs to be a PSA in the south.

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2020 2:34 PM

He likes the Lord and sports.

The wife, not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2020 2:34 PM

Okay, I'll say it. Marilane has crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2020 2:39 PM

CraZy for Jesus, heathen!

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2020 2:43 PM

Please check on the whereabouts of one Mr. Orenthal James Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 25August 9, 2020 2:47 PM

[quote]Where is the mid-South? I’m not familiar with that term?

It's a big chunk of the South centered on Memphis TN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 9, 2020 3:41 PM

The husband has the face of a pervert, like Stephen Mnukin.

by Anonymousreply 27August 9, 2020 4:32 PM

R15 stupidest post of the day.

by Anonymousreply 28August 9, 2020 4:55 PM

She must have caught him and he felt cornered. That's when the bad shit goes down.

by Anonymousreply 29August 9, 2020 4:55 PM

He has dick sucking lips and that cleft in his chin is a cum drain.

by Anonymousreply 30August 9, 2020 5:16 PM

I didn't have to read the article. One look at that pic and I knew he was guilty. Those are the eyes of a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 31August 9, 2020 5:22 PM

Off topic but what's with this trend of putting enormous bows and now turbans on babies heads?

by Anonymousreply 32August 9, 2020 5:33 PM

Oh here go hell come.

by Anonymousreply 33August 9, 2020 5:45 PM

Is the husband having an affair with a woman? Because purses seem to fall out of his mouth when he talks.

by Anonymousreply 34August 9, 2020 6:20 PM

^^Shocker.

by Anonymousreply 35August 9, 2020 6:23 PM

COME THROUGH MISS CANDICE DELONG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 9, 2020 6:36 PM

The news woman, Janice Broach, looks like she could throw back a few strong ones.

by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2020 7:01 PM

How does he shave in there (his cum drain)?

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2020 7:04 PM

If this is ever a Movie of the Week, Catherine O'Hara MUST play reporter Janice Broach!

by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2020 7:09 PM

In the interview, he's doing the "bouncing-on-toes" thing that they always do.

by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2020 7:24 PM

DL couldn't even solve the last missing Colorado mom.

My hopes are high for them on this one.

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2020 7:36 PM

The last failed DL investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2020 7:40 PM

Wasn’t there another Connecticut one this year too? How did DL detectives do on that one?

by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2020 7:52 PM

This is the premise for every single show on Investigation Discovery/HLN/Forensic Files/Dateline.

One or both of them were cheating on each other. One of them was looking to cash in on a life insurance policy, so they killed the other.

by Anonymousreply 44August 9, 2020 8:09 PM

R3 don't forget "A Stiff Dick Has No Conscience."

by Anonymousreply 45August 9, 2020 8:16 PM

She's fine, she sends her love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 9, 2020 8:17 PM

We have an alibi this time!

by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2020 8:18 PM

That cleft in his chin is a good place for someone to rest their balls while the Pastor sucks in the Love of God,

by Anonymousreply 48August 9, 2020 8:27 PM

They look like two best friends who met at a small town gay bar.

by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2020 8:30 PM

The butler did it!

by Anonymousreply 50August 9, 2020 8:37 PM

The first strange thing - who the hell leaves their kids and home to go somewhere to 'work on their mental health issues'? And randomly drives to find one instead of doing research online first?

That's some bullshit right there.

Second - who checks into a Quality Inn and stays for 3 hours? Was it skeevy or she just needed to sleep through or what?

by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2020 8:53 PM

So she checks into a mental health facility without letting her husband or parents know where she is? Sounds like a great marriage.

And if she's not in a shallow grave somewhere, everyone in her life now knows she's mental. Divorce him if you're not dead, madam!

by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2020 8:57 PM

I just don’t understand these under-educated couples having three or more kids. It’s too much stress and financial burden. They’re raising three kids on a pastor’s wages? That’s a prescription for poverty.

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2020 8:58 PM

I had never heard of the Mid-South either r12, that also stood out to me.

Anyway, 90% of the time it is the husband/boyfriend. I am sure this is no different.

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2020 8:58 PM

R53 stupidity and the Lord's will. Even if you're wealthy, more than 3 is dumb.

by Anonymousreply 55August 9, 2020 9:02 PM

The turban/bow thing is a lower middle class, blue collar thing. They’re big on pimping out their girls early and often.

by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2020 9:06 PM

R37, speaking of "small town gay bar," I've just started watching that documentary, and it was really good

by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2020 9:07 PM

I meant r49

by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2020 9:08 PM

OK - this is getting interesting. Her MOTHER said she was also driving to Alabama to see her newborn niece.

THAT makes sense - she got up to go once the baby arrived so she could be there and drove through most of the night.

The husband didn't mention that at all - he said she had 'mental issues' she was going to work on. Which is it? A sudden urge to get up on a Saturday night and get mental health issues in another state or go see your sister's new baby?

He did it or had someone do it. He said the phone went dead when he was talking to her. Then it went dead during a conversation with her mom.

Where was he during this time?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 9, 2020 9:13 PM

We haven't seen or heard from her children, but that's totally fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 60August 9, 2020 9:13 PM

Maybe she stayed in the hotel just to get some sleep for a little while, since she was driving so far. To go see her newborn niece. Not the B.S. about going to get help with mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2020 9:16 PM

Has anyone checked the condor nests off the Interstate 55 Mississippi Bridge?

by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2020 9:23 PM

Hey, Datalounge-- y'all ain't got me yet! I'm out here runnin' around scot free! Woo-hoo!!!

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2020 9:25 PM

R62, maybe she took a dreaded pontoon boat tour.

by Anonymousreply 64August 9, 2020 9:27 PM

Maybe she stopped at a convenience store where Ruth from Ozark works and the Florida meth heads killed her massacre style and sold her car for parts.

by Anonymousreply 65August 9, 2020 9:29 PM

R61 - yes, exactly - particularly when you leave on a Saturday night driving - as they say she did. I couldn't drive all through the night like that at a moment's notice.

Going to seek mental health help - fucking get out of town with that bullshit.

She left at 8:15pm on a Saturday night. ??? Was it to put the kids to bed before she left? He said she wanted to check into a hospital in Birmingham that she used to work at for mental health issues. I wouldn't want my former co-workers all up in my business - fuck that. That's the last place I would go.

Now he's in Birmingham because his gut is telling him that she's trying to get there and he wants to be there to hold her and protect her. That's a weird choice of words.

by Anonymousreply 66August 9, 2020 9:31 PM

The "Mid-South" sounds better than the Deep South.

Same thing. Just "re-branding."

by Anonymousreply 67August 9, 2020 9:35 PM

Did she perhaps stayed in a Bates Motel along the way?

by Anonymousreply 68August 9, 2020 9:37 PM

During the first 3 to 5 days, a confinement in a mental health facility would be feasible. Now at seven days, I find that doubtful. Since she was spotted in MS, then I think the husband is not guilty. All clergy have gay face, really. He would have had to hunt her down. So she is still alive in hiding, or dead by other means. I could see if she was being mounted upon by the all the pressures of life and after watching people get a mini vacation in the clinic she wanted one herself. But I don't think it would have stayed under wraps this long.

The only juicy part of this I can see is why she left in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 69August 9, 2020 9:48 PM

Maybe she jumped off the Tallahatchee bridge, for reasons never fully made clear

by Anonymousreply 70August 9, 2020 9:53 PM

R69 - she wasn't spotted in MS - they checked the tapes at the gas station. It wasn't her.

Hunt her down you say? He was on the phone with her when her phone went dead. Then her phone went dead again with a call to her mom minutes later.

She left the hotel in Missouri at 6 something in the morning. She would have been in Memphis by noon. Who goes and kills a perfectly good white woman at noon on a Sunday?

by Anonymousreply 71August 9, 2020 9:59 PM

Pastr hubby could have put a hit on her.

In the Mid-South you can pay for a contract killing with a six pack and a carton of smokes.

by Anonymousreply 72August 9, 2020 10:03 PM

I killed mine even earlier than that, R71! I mean, I went to the gym! The gym, yeah! Woo-hoo!!!

by Anonymousreply 73August 9, 2020 10:04 PM

That guy has a terrible case of gayface.

by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2020 10:08 PM

Wonder if church coffers are low since COVID and that sweet, sweet life insurance policy on Marilane just looked too tasty.

And other articles said she wanted to get help for a sleeping problem, not mental health. Why wouldn't the husband say she was traveling to see her new niece and had a sleeping problem? Instead he said she had mental issues? WTF?

And this: "The family of 36 year old Marilane Carter lost contact with her Sunday night around 8 o'clock". It's an 11 hour drive to Birmingham and she drove for 6-7 hours the first night.

Something was keeping her in Memphis on Sunday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2020 10:29 PM

I don't see the part where the gas station was discredited, R71. I will take your word for it and just assume I missed it. But in looking at the original tape again with sound on, yeah he looks to be all shades of guilty. He seems to be real excited about getting something he wants. And when he rolls out the usual mantras of "we just want her home", "mommy will be back soon", etc… He pauses with "uhhhh" as if he is accessing memorized phrases. Also, he closes his eyes when he is probably lying. Probably to prevent the readings of his eye movements. As for the conflicting stories, I could easily see where she wanted the time away and used her niece's birth as a cover with the parents and rest of the family.

If she knew that he or somebody working with him was in hot pursuit, the three-hour hotel stay would make sense. I used to do the same thing when I was putting in a lot of windshield time at a previous job. I would check in, shower and clean up, take a quick nap and check out again. She might have known that she only had the much time to stay in front of anyone after her.

Since I missed the problem with the gas station, is there any news on his cell phone activity?

by Anonymousreply 76August 9, 2020 10:36 PM

Look at OP's photo. He's clearly evil. Her face indicates she's clueless.

by Anonymousreply 77August 9, 2020 10:39 PM

Well his phone may register that he was in contact with her and in Kansas, but that doesn’t mean he was the one calling. It could be one of his accomplices who made the call.

by Anonymousreply 78August 9, 2020 10:52 PM

In his interview he seems to have the same lack of affect as DL Icon Chris Watts showed in his first on-screen appearances.

by Anonymousreply 79August 9, 2020 11:02 PM

Scroll down to Stephen Ellison - an 'intern' who completed his 12 month internship at the church and stayed on. Quite the twink.

The church calendar only shows a 10:30am Sunday worship service - that's it. So presumably they're shut down due to COVID?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 9, 2020 11:02 PM

Stephen is also from....Birmingham, Alabama. That sounds fishy that he’s from there as was the wife. Was Adam originally from there as well?

by Anonymousreply 81August 9, 2020 11:12 PM

Ugh. A bunch of trashy, bible-thumping hicks.

Where’s the GLAMOUR?!

by Anonymousreply 82August 9, 2020 11:17 PM

The husband was the Minister to Students for four years in Trussville, AL, outside Birmingham. He was also getting his M. Div. degree from a seminary in New Orleans at the same time.

Not sure how that happened - why did it take 4 years to get a masters? How do you commute between New Orleans and Trussville?

And what kind of sin did the good pastor see while in New Orleans?

by Anonymousreply 83August 9, 2020 11:27 PM

In op's video he looks like he might have a fingernail scratch on his face.

by Anonymousreply 84August 9, 2020 11:31 PM

I vote for Taylor Lautner to play him in the Lifetime film.

by Anonymousreply 85August 9, 2020 11:32 PM

If you're working full time it can take years to finish a Masters. Many lower tier programs are online as well.

by Anonymousreply 86August 9, 2020 11:43 PM

R84 - whoa - I was wondering WTF that was and just assumed it was unfortunate acne. It looks like some ingrown hairs.

R86 - apparently it does take 3 to 4 years due to the training involved. Why New Orleans of all the Baptist seminaries to go to?

Seems pretty conclusive he met his wife at the church in Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 87August 9, 2020 11:46 PM

So she was last at a West Memphis gas station - according to crime stats, that's a very high-crime area.

And her phone last pinged under the I-55 overpass there. Maybe she was a victim of crime and dumped in the river.

by Anonymousreply 88August 9, 2020 11:57 PM

Marilane lost her previous fiance to the Gulf War.

Was she having marital troubles? Husband sounds super cold in the interview. In any case what sane man would let his wife drive a long way for any reason if she was having issues sleeping.

Proven fact, she stayed less than 2 1/2 hours at the hotel. Maybe she tried to sleep and failed? Then went on another very long drive and got lost?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 10, 2020 12:00 AM

Something weird about these guys that join the military so they can be sent off to a war zone cause the Lord told 'em to, R89. Do they think God wants them to go kill brown people?

by Anonymousreply 90August 10, 2020 12:06 AM

He reminds me a little of Daniel Bedingfield, another Christian closetcase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 10, 2020 12:25 AM

Lifetime movie? Check out these 2 videos.

1st is of Marilane's pastor husband speaking at the funeral of her fiance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 10, 2020 12:32 AM

2nd video with pictures of Marilane speaking at her fiancee's funeral officiated by her current husband.

Note that the fiance was killed on Aug 1. Was Marilane possible thinking of him when she decided to take a very long road trip alone at night? Did she purposely disappear?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 10, 2020 12:35 AM

The poor man's Davey Blackburn.

by Anonymousreply 94August 10, 2020 12:35 AM

These people are all so trashy. How do they even back out of their driveway?

by Anonymousreply 95August 10, 2020 12:36 AM

R90, I've known many military men and one was among the 1st to be killed in the Gulf War in Iraq. "Duty, honor, country" and to be united in the brotherhood for life of fighting soldiers for the good ole' USA.

In other words it's not about killing a particular race, at all. You're taught to follow orders rather than to act on your personal convictions under any circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 96August 10, 2020 12:39 AM

Marilane is a very unusual 1st name. There are only 2 Marilane Carter's in the entire US.

"Marilane Carter" who lives in the same city as the missing mother supposedly converted to Catholicism fairly recently. Was her family of origin or her dead fiance Catholic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 10, 2020 12:53 AM

In the obit it said that God told him to enlist with the Marines, R96. Do they not realize that they're fighting for oil and to make private contractors rich instead of the US?

by Anonymousreply 98August 10, 2020 12:54 AM

Marilane Carter made this video in May 2020 saying she wanted to be an elementary school teacher. With 3 young children and uncertain times re schooling in the era of Covid-19, this proves the family needed a 2nd very stable income source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 10, 2020 12:57 AM

I was prepared to snark but she came across fairly well in that video, R99.

by Anonymousreply 100August 10, 2020 1:01 AM

Maybe I’m slow on the uptake here, but has the religious right somehow convinced young men that becoming a soldier and fighting in the Middle East is in some way upholding Christianity?

by Anonymousreply 101August 10, 2020 1:03 AM

R101, that line has worked ever since the Crusades.

by Anonymousreply 102August 10, 2020 1:04 AM

I think that's been going on for a long time, R101.

by Anonymousreply 103August 10, 2020 1:04 AM

"Lifetime Movie" continued update. Marilane Carter remained close to her deceased fiance's family. Her last known cell phone ping was near to his grave.

About 7 hours of time are unaccounted for between when she checked out of the hotel and arrived at a nearby bridge. LE have asked local boaters to check the river for a submerged vehicle or a possible body.

by Anonymousreply 104August 10, 2020 1:13 AM

R104 Christ, we have another possible river or lake death on our hands now? Was Glee her favorite TV show?

by Anonymousreply 105August 10, 2020 1:18 AM

Was the water brackish?

by Anonymousreply 106August 10, 2020 1:18 AM

"Her husband loves her very much."

I couldn't stop laughing.

by Anonymousreply 107August 10, 2020 1:18 AM

R98, You're a creative thinker and an investigator as well as a questioner, and I am as well. Neither of us would be a good fit for military service.

Often those with limited career options due to poor finances, or who are seemingly directionless but used to a mentality of right vs wrong and expect rigid orders to be followed exactly find mental security in the fighting forces. Traditionally some men unsure of their masculinity find strength in unity with other men pursuing the same objectives.

Or they come from military families or have close friends or church members who advocate for a service career. Just as young women used to be told to go into nursing as they'd always have a job, young men have long been told to go into the military as therefore they'd have lifelong medical care along with priority hiring in countless jobs.

by Anonymousreply 108August 10, 2020 1:22 AM

First of all, that pastor is TOTALLY GAY! Just look at OP's photo of him. You can tell he's gay from his left hand. Just look at how he wears that wedding ring. Am I right? This queen is TOTALLY TOTALLY GAY!

by Anonymousreply 109August 10, 2020 1:24 AM

R107, IMHO Marilane was still deeply in love with her deceased fiancee, and he with her. She probably married on the rebound joining her new husband in searching for God's answers to the direction her life should take. Note that all of her career choices involved service to children and community.

Marilane used to lead the workshops and outreach for teen girls are her former Baptist church.

by Anonymousreply 110August 10, 2020 1:25 AM

I think Marilane found pastor husband in bed with another man and just couldn't take it. She rented a boat and committed suicide via brackish lake drowning.

by Anonymousreply 111August 10, 2020 1:30 AM

R109, Agreed. I've posted before on DL that a large per cent of religious leaders including pastors, active church members of Conservative religions like Baptists, and those from rule-oriented or relatively rigid families are often in the closet.

Wives of the above are either more or less asexual, in the closet themselves, or accept a marriage based on children, family, and mutual goals rather than on passionate sex. Considering the number of 100% straight, non-religious marriages that have always followed this pattern, it's not all that unusual as long as the spouse's affairs are kept fairly quiet.

by Anonymousreply 112August 10, 2020 1:34 AM

Motherofgod, look at him! Gay AF! He probably exploited her mental issues by talking about demons and telling her she should kill her self. So she probably jumped off the Talahatchee Bridge, and his BF will move in in six months

by Anonymousreply 113August 10, 2020 1:39 AM

R113, this guy doesn't read 100% heterosexualist to you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 10, 2020 1:42 AM

[quote]R113, this guy doesn't read 100% heterosexualist to you?

He reads 100 percent creepy, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 115August 10, 2020 2:11 AM

Ooh gworl at R114 he's all [bold]IS THAT PAULA DEEN'S BANANA PUDDING?[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 116August 10, 2020 2:15 AM

Well, Marilane never had a lick of sense....pass the biscuits, please

by Anonymousreply 117August 10, 2020 2:39 AM

The pastor talks about his wife like she was a missing puppy and not a wife.

by Anonymousreply 118August 10, 2020 2:42 AM

R104 - how did you find out where he was buried? He was buried under the 1-55 bridge in Memphis next to the Mississippi? There aren't any cemeteries there.

by Anonymousreply 119August 10, 2020 2:49 AM

Janice Broach looks like she was created in Allergan’s laboratories, deep underground.

by Anonymousreply 120August 10, 2020 3:05 AM

I think she might have killed herself; though I can see the husband doing it as well.

by Anonymousreply 121August 10, 2020 3:06 AM

R120 - Janice pours scotch into her Maxwell House International Coffee. But you didn't hear it from me.

by Anonymousreply 122August 10, 2020 3:41 AM

He looks like a sexual predator

by Anonymousreply 123August 10, 2020 3:49 AM

He doesn't look like a predator, he just looks like an ordinary gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 124August 10, 2020 4:23 AM

R123, he does? I don't get that vibe.

by Anonymousreply 125August 10, 2020 4:23 AM

He’s gross

by Anonymousreply 126August 10, 2020 4:36 AM

R119 Many people, even ones who are not famous, can be found on Find A Grave

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 10, 2020 4:57 AM

My relatives are on Find a Grave.

by Anonymousreply 128August 10, 2020 6:46 AM

[quote] Trussville, AL,

What an unfortunate name.

by Anonymousreply 129August 10, 2020 12:20 PM

[quote] Then went on another very long drive and got lost?

For seven days?!

She may be no Magellan but surely she could find a route or call someone.

by Anonymousreply 130August 10, 2020 12:21 PM

This is why one must never stray south of the Manson-Nixon Line.

by Anonymousreply 131August 10, 2020 12:49 PM

R122. I’m thinking she is more of a gin girl. Gin and Swiss Mocha Maxwell house coffee.

by Anonymousreply 132August 10, 2020 1:11 PM

I wish some Twitter K-Pop fans would demandthe police aren't searching hard enough for Marilane!

by Anonymousreply 133August 10, 2020 2:08 PM

Marilane's live matter!

by Anonymousreply 134August 10, 2020 2:13 PM

Life*

by Anonymousreply 135August 10, 2020 2:14 PM

Interesting - the dead first husband was buried in Memphis. Perhaps she realized how hastily she moved on into a second marriage and she's now stuck in Kansas City (depressing) away from her family, at home with 3 kids all day presumably struggling with finances.

Now if she also caught him with some other bullshit - affair, woman or man on the side, abuse, financial wrongdoings - then yeah, she may have had trouble sleeping.

If you go a long time without sleeping well, your mind and body can really go off. Maybe she did go off the deep end - literally.

by Anonymousreply 136August 10, 2020 2:21 PM

Alright, alright, you homosexual humans got us! We have her and will return her shortly. She won't remember a thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 10, 2020 2:40 PM

Are you probing her?

*fans self*

by Anonymousreply 138August 10, 2020 3:39 PM

Oh - I thought her first husband died in 2014 - it was 2004. That's a big difference. I don't think the new husband officiated at that funeral - he was still in...high school?

She is older than the pastor. I don't think she would suddenly break apart about her first husband 16 years after the fact. She's had a lot of time to process it - and she probably knows it was young love as she was 22 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 139August 10, 2020 3:52 PM

The husband sounds off and looks off. I don't trust him at all.

Having someone "take care of her" on the road would be a great alibi for him.

by Anonymousreply 140August 10, 2020 6:04 PM

[quote] The husband sounds off and looks off.

And jerks off too, I’ll bet.

(It’s a sin!)

by Anonymousreply 141August 10, 2020 6:32 PM

David Archuleta could play his role perfectly!

by Anonymousreply 142August 10, 2020 6:36 PM

Know what DL thinks of Websleuths. However comments on Page 10 & 11 are very similar to those of DL posters. There's a new video posted of the husband making a statement of concern as well as thanking those helping with the search. WS poster said she turned off the audio and had wondered what was going on. She was being very diplomatic in trying to uncover why his facial reactions seemed so off or unusual even given the circumstances of his wife now missing for over a week. All other posters agreed with her views.

Here's another insightful WS comment from a poster commenting on the request for boaters with sonar: I live in the Memphis area and am very familiar with the last spot her phone pinged and the river around Memphis in general. The current of the Mississippi River in this area is extraordinary strong. In the event that worse case scenario she did drive into the river (based upon the request for sonar) a car, truck anything would be swept down river swiftly. It would not have merely sunk. The Arkansas side by big river crossing (which is a walking/biking path) connected to the “old bridge” the way down to the river is through agricultural fields and not easily accessible if you don’t know your way. On the Tennessee side, mud island is a Upscale developed community That is easier to access however the last time we went down there, the ramp you would use to launch a boat or access the water via water was closed in an attempt to deter individuals gathering (due to covid). Also on mud island there are several “blue light” cameras which I believe have license plate reader technology. I’m really confused as to this latest development for sonar.

by Anonymousreply 143August 10, 2020 7:08 PM

Does Websleuths talk about the Pastor's jizzy breath?

by Anonymousreply 144August 10, 2020 7:44 PM

Husband volunteers she is heading for mental treatment? He killed her and set it to look like suicide.

by Anonymousreply 145August 10, 2020 8:59 PM

[quote] The husband sounds off and looks off.

I don't see how he looks off? Except if you mean that he's a closetcase.

by Anonymousreply 146August 10, 2020 9:39 PM

He sounded off when he said 'I told the kids that their mom *cute humble eye twinkle* uh, mommy, would be home soon'

by Anonymousreply 147August 10, 2020 10:00 PM

She has a sweet sad quality in that solo video. She looks visibly unhappy,

by Anonymousreply 148August 10, 2020 10:24 PM

i dont think he's involved but could believe he's gay and relieved she's run away. She's quite attractive and a single woman travelling alone could attract troublemakers.

by Anonymousreply 149August 10, 2020 10:38 PM

From Kansas? Maybe a house dropped on her...

by Anonymousreply 150August 10, 2020 11:03 PM

Linked is a video statement from the husband.

R144, NO, WS posters are warned not to reveal their direct or true gut feelings about relatives of missing people. Instead the policy is to use code words like something doesn't seem quite right with the man. Interpret that statement however you wish.

by Anonymousreply 151August 11, 2020 12:58 AM

Link to my previous post of Mr Carter speaking to the press and searchers of his wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 11, 2020 1:05 AM

Odd Twitter post:

Amy Smith @watchkeep Elizabeth @BB_515_ privately reached out to the admin of the #findmarilane Facebook page and offered a $1000 reward. They never got back with her. And there’s been no mention of setting up a reward fund to help find Marilane Carter.

by Anonymousreply 153August 11, 2020 1:09 AM

Maybe they’re just waiting to do the GoFund me for the funeral?

by Anonymousreply 154August 11, 2020 1:27 AM

I noticed on the WS thread that she may have very recently converted to Roman Catholicism? It's someone in a church in her exact area with her exact name-- which is NOT that common of a name.

If she did convert... That's a big deal for an evangelical pastor's wife. Or maybe I should say "deal breaker."

by Anonymousreply 155August 11, 2020 2:06 AM

Please note the hashtag and his bio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 11, 2020 2:39 AM

Did he create that chin dimple with a steel hole punch?

by Anonymousreply 157August 11, 2020 3:54 AM

R157, all that warm spunk eroded a permanent rivulet down his chin.

by Anonymousreply 158August 11, 2020 4:02 AM

If she converted to Catholicism, her pious must have been furious about it. It's really bad for his image as a wholesome young Evangelical pastor with a beautiful Evangelical family. She shoved her fist right through all of that.

I would wager that he killed her to protect the children from a Mary worshiping idolator who turned her back on Jesus (and her husband's career.)

by Anonymousreply 159August 11, 2020 11:43 AM

I am presently a sort of lapsed Catholic, over all the shit, but even it is better than evangelicalism. And evangelicals hate Catholics and do not consider them to be Christian. (They're cypto-pagans or worse, the anti-Christ, in their view. )

by Anonymousreply 160August 11, 2020 12:02 PM

Latest developments,

Cajun Navy will arrive this Friday to use sonar to search the local waterways. Urgent calls for local boaters with sonar still in effect.

LE is surprisingly not super active in this search because they don't have evidence that she didn't disappear voluntarily.

Legal procedures are finally in place so that the husband and her family members can search mental hospitals for a possible admittance. Meaning she could have tried to escape the stress in her life by using a fake name and requesting confinement.

by Anonymousreply 161August 11, 2020 12:10 PM

The serial killer eyes and serial killer butt chin do not lie.

by Anonymousreply 162August 11, 2020 12:12 PM

Won't anyone think of the children!

by Anonymousreply 163August 11, 2020 1:49 PM

[quote] She looks visibly unhappy,

You might be visibly unhappy, too, if you had an army of small children with a gay husband.

by Anonymousreply 164August 11, 2020 2:21 PM

...if you had an army of small children with a gay husband who is a Jesus freak.

by Anonymousreply 165August 11, 2020 2:33 PM

There hasn't been much said about extensive police interviews of the husband. I'm hoping this is due to them closing in on him as THE KILLER.

by Anonymousreply 166August 11, 2020 2:34 PM

She is Mermaid Marilane now. The Mermaid of the I-55 Bridge.

by Anonymousreply 167August 11, 2020 2:36 PM

R167, someone should commission whoever did the Naya Rivera mermaid art to do a Marilane tribute.

by Anonymousreply 168August 11, 2020 2:41 PM

[quote] Cajun Navy

Mmmmmm. I’ll bet they’re hot.

by Anonymousreply 169August 11, 2020 3:59 PM

WTF is a Cajun navy?

by Anonymousreply 170August 11, 2020 3:59 PM

This story is similar to the disappearance of a Hollywood writer who went missing while driving from his home in Santa Fe to his home near Santa Barbara. Months later he was found in his truck drowned in a body of water He'd made a wrong turn in the night confused by road works and fatigue into the water.

by Anonymousreply 171August 11, 2020 5:25 PM

Who was Marilane? What were her hopes and dreams?

by Anonymousreply 172August 12, 2020 12:10 AM

Maybe the Cajun Navy is like the Navajo Code Talkers who use their mangled dialect to communicate and therefore thwart any foreign spies who would find it undecipherable?

by Anonymousreply 173August 12, 2020 12:57 AM

What MLM was she involved in? Did she Thrive?

by Anonymousreply 174August 12, 2020 12:58 AM

Adam certainly needed a Thrive patch to hide whatever was going on on his face.

by Anonymousreply 175August 12, 2020 1:19 AM

Cajun Navy is a volunteer organization of mostly ex-US military, centered around New Orleans LA, offering unpaid help during hurricanes and other water-related disasters. They have boats, sonar equipment to do extensive searches in a large coordinated manner.

WS comment from a woman who knows Marilane's family including "her parents, siblings, some of the spouses, and Marilane herself. I can tell you the following things:

1) If Marilane wanted out of her marriage, her parents would most likely not be supportive. This is a family that does not believe in divorce under any circumstance. 2) This whole family is deeply religious (Southern Baptist) and IMO does not typically seek mental health help - rather they prefer to rally in prayer around the person who is struggling. 3) I do find it odd the conflicting statements - I have yet to be able to confirm if the original claim of seeking mental health treatment extended beyond trouble sleeping, and if it originated with the husband or Marilane herself - stay tuned on that. 4) It is my personal opinion, based on knowledge of the family, that Marilane was NOT traveling with the intent of helping with her sister's birth process - I do believe that was said to try to make the trip seem more planned in advance and minimize the real reason for the trip if it was a mental health issue - her parents likely believe the stigma is attached. 6) The BIL was previously in LE and is a radio personality, so initially he made the most sense for being the spokesperson, however it's my opinion that he said things that conflicted with the original family story, and he was asked to step down to an extent. He is still heavily involved on social media but I don't think he will continue to be the face of the operation. 7) Marilane's parents are well off - so not offering a reward is a calculated maneuver - they could 100% afford to offer a substantial reward for information leading to her wearabouts. Which leads me to believe they are still almost certain she is in inpatient somewhere safe.

ETA 8) I found it curious that about 4 months ago, her YouTube account started following a Catholic priest who occasionally posts videos. Would align with the Catholic conversion, but I have heard nothing of a conversion from the family.

Also note that she applied to work as a teacher at a Catholic school. Can you imagine the total shock of her 5 siblings if that were revealed? Worse she comes from a culture where women definitely do not work outside the home. Perhaps they have a part-time job that is home-based or volunteer via their Southern Baptist church.

by Anonymousreply 176August 12, 2020 1:55 AM

This is the true Websleuths catnip!

by Anonymousreply 177August 12, 2020 1:57 AM

Do the Websleuths discuss the pastor's obvious latent homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 178August 12, 2020 2:00 AM

R178, There are very strict rules on Websleuths of what you can and cannot say. No one wants to get permanently 86's for saying something which would offend another. Note that a close friend of the family commented today, saying that absolutely no one knew MariLane had clearly converted to Catholicism. She implicated that that would be viewed as beyond shocking, likely causing a complete break with her family. However the poster wasn't that direct in the way she spoke.

Several posters have mimicked the FB and Twitter posts closely following this case by saying that the pastor appeared "off," or worrisome. They used multiple words for explaining their feelings that something wasn't quite right with him, and that he appeared very distant and emotionally uninvolved when discussing his wife on camera.

No one stated their exact reasons for making this judgment. IMHO if you read between the lines that means a clear sexual dysfunction between a supposedly loving married couple.

Today a poster questioned if MariLane had met someone which had led her to the Catholic Church and her conversion in June 2020. They suggested in the past wives have run off to meet a lover at an out-of-state hotel room, escaping an unhappy marriage where they felt trapped.

Other posters stated that Southern Baptists are allowed to divorce if either spouse has an affair or there's severe emotional abuse. In other words it seems like posters are exploring a lack of sexual connection without stating the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 179August 12, 2020 2:37 AM

FB site "Finding Marilane," Poster says Marilane contacted Tim (her deceased ex-fiance) mom and

ok I had to make sure it was spoke about before I said anything because I gave my word 😬..she was in touch with Tim’s mom trying to get into a facility Sunday through out the day.. lakeside I guess to expensive. Adams plan does not cover mental health( another discrepancy seeing Brady said they were checking to see if bills applied) wouldn’t Adam know they don’t have mental health treatment coverage!!

Later post says husband is trying to cover-up what's going on, claiming he has a "perfect relationship." Easier to say his wife needs help for "sleeping problems" than the truth.

"Huge deal" uncovered by church family means he'd have to leave his position as pastor. Doesn't specify exactly what the issue might be.

Another poster says it's suspicious of why wife spent 8 hours somewhere when the hotel she stayed at was only 4 hours away from her home. Did she leave in a quick hurry after a phone call from her husband, alerted as she used a credit card to pay for her hotel room?

Request to search the river with sonar as that's near to where her cell phone last pinged. Did she throw the phone in the river so she wouldn't be stressed out by calls from her husband and family? The latter wouldn't understand her need for a separation. Of course she couldn't have brought her kids with her but knew her large, extended family would be carrying for them eventually.

Theory is that she's not dead but hiding in a mental health type facility as she wants a divorce. Serious as she knows that means her pastor husband will lose his job. She comes from a fairly wealthy family.

by Anonymousreply 180August 12, 2020 6:15 AM

I just don't think a mother would leave her children with this guy. I still think he disappeared her.

by Anonymousreply 181August 12, 2020 1:32 PM

I think she suicided, but then I thought the same thing about Susie Zhou.

by Anonymousreply 182August 12, 2020 9:06 PM

R181, Marilane knew her large extended family with multiple married siblings/mothers and sisters-in-law would care for her 3 young kids. Within a couple days of her trip that's where they were placed.

FB group FINDING MARILANE has links to her husband's/pastor's church. Would like to know DL's reaction to the page. Doesn't look like a standard/normal Southern Baptist FB page IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 183August 12, 2020 9:24 PM

pleez get up we luv u marilane

by Anonymousreply 184August 12, 2020 10:03 PM

Can you give us the link to the FB page of the husband's/pastor's church, r183?

by Anonymousreply 185August 12, 2020 10:04 PM

R185, Leawood Church in KS. Go down a few posts and you'll see what I mean. Southern Baptist fundie.

DL won't let me copy the FB link.

by Anonymousreply 186August 13, 2020 1:54 AM

Link is below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 13, 2020 2:16 AM

[quote] Who was Marilane? What were her hopes and dreams?

She hoped to see the next day and dreamt of not being a corpse.

by Anonymousreply 188August 13, 2020 2:27 AM

The corpse is in the copse.

by Anonymousreply 189August 13, 2020 2:34 AM

Will the Lady’s Detective Agency and Miss Dakota Fanning be able to help out now the the season is done on the Alienist?

by Anonymousreply 190August 13, 2020 2:50 AM

R190, no, but the ghost of Michelle McNamara -- queen frausleuth -- might.

by Anonymousreply 191August 13, 2020 2:57 AM

Will Paul Holes be involved, r191?

If so, sign me up to go over "evidence" with him.

by Anonymousreply 192August 13, 2020 5:30 AM

Why haven't there been any developments? This case is too weird.

These fundies are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 193August 13, 2020 1:06 PM

I'm gonna use a Q-Tip to swab his mouth and check for semen.

by Anonymousreply 194August 13, 2020 1:53 PM

Her car has to be somewhere. She may be harder to find but her car can't jump off a bridge or be clubbed by a husband.

by Anonymousreply 195August 13, 2020 2:00 PM

Maybe the car just doesnt want to be found.

by Anonymousreply 196August 13, 2020 11:33 PM

When will this case be on the ID Channel?

by Anonymousreply 197August 13, 2020 11:41 PM

I’m surprised we don’t have gps devices embedded in cars at this point.

by Anonymousreply 198August 13, 2020 11:54 PM

I'm surprised the husband's twink lover hasn't come forward at this point.

by Anonymousreply 199August 13, 2020 11:58 PM

What, r196, are you suggesting this is KITT, or Herbie, or My Mother the Car?

Maybe it's "SPEED BUGGY"

by Anonymousreply 200August 13, 2020 11:58 PM

Maybe Marilane drove Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang!

by Anonymousreply 201August 14, 2020 1:18 AM

Prolly abducted by space aliens.

Why is her husband worried? Won't Jesus protect her? Is this not also part of God's Plan?

by Anonymousreply 202August 14, 2020 2:55 AM

R201 Don’t you mean flew off in?

by Anonymousreply 203August 14, 2020 2:56 AM

WTF is this bitch?

by Anonymousreply 204August 14, 2020 3:27 AM

At least Naya had the class to rise on the seventh day.

by Anonymousreply 205August 14, 2020 3:33 AM

At least the meth heads in Florida had the courtesy to leave a mountain of incriminating evidence so they were caught quickly.

by Anonymousreply 206August 14, 2020 4:52 AM

At least the Ninja was stupid enough to use the victim’s credit cards at Home Depot and for car service.

by Anonymousreply 207August 14, 2020 5:11 AM

She is maybe in a time warp. Lost in time and lost in space.

by Anonymousreply 208August 14, 2020 12:16 PM

I'm from Kansas City, the Missouri part, and I sure as shit didn't hear about this.

I'm firing my gossip chick clique, you bitches are slipping..

by Anonymousreply 209August 14, 2020 12:29 PM

OK can you explain the Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri thing, I’ve never understood that.

by Anonymousreply 210August 14, 2020 3:04 PM

I'm following the case with a Google News Alert. Today's update from the Alabama media: They're commencing a search of the Mississippi River. It's been 2 weeks since she left home.

by Anonymousreply 211August 14, 2020 4:02 PM

Isn’t the whole interstates nature of this defaulting it to be overseen by the FBI?

by Anonymousreply 212August 14, 2020 4:09 PM

I have to say for a white, southernish mother of three youngish children this doesn’t seem to be getting the media and policing coverage that these events usually get. Is this the balancing out of BLM or are there just not people in her life that are advocating for her? Or does the family or police know something that isn’t being released? I’m starting to hope at this point that she just ran off with her underage African American teen lover for a new life in Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 213August 14, 2020 4:13 PM

It's probably the name, if her name was Stacey, Rachel, Ashley or Anne, I'm sure people would care.

by Anonymousreply 214August 14, 2020 4:24 PM

R214 You are confused, it the discombobulated name that’s the hook for these, the standard set by Sh’lamabingbong Watts.

by Anonymousreply 215August 14, 2020 4:28 PM

...and meaning, R208?

by Anonymousreply 216August 14, 2020 4:37 PM

Insightful comment from Websleuths, :"Think we should be leaning more towards she did convert to Catholicism based on all the evidence.

The YouTube account follows a priest who interestingly talks about his calling in one of the 7 videos he has uploaded. He only has 12 subscribers and Marilane is one. We’ve already figured out the user name is her deceased fiancé's birthday.

Sometimes intellectuals do change religion. We know she had her masters in divinity.(from a Bible college.)

The key question for me will be did her husband know.

I hope she has been taken in by a Catholic related safe house for lack of a better word.

Here is the YouTube and screenshot of who she subscribed to. I also find interesting she subscribed to Alanis Morisette who had her own public battle with mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 217August 15, 2020 1:23 AM

Websleuth's comment has insights:

In Baptist circles, something like this (pastor's wife secretly converting to Catholicism) is considered heretical.

Baptists and Roman Catholics don't hold to the same doctrinal teachings AT ALL. So for her to do this, either with or without her husband's knowledge, it presents all kinds of HUGE issues, in their marriage, extended Baptist family, his position as pastor, their friendships and fellowship in the church, etc.

And if it was with his knowledge, he's definitely going to be looking for a new job. I just can't bring myself to believe this is what happened, only because it's essentially unheard of, for the wife of a Baptist pastor to convert to Roman Catholicism.

by Anonymousreply 218August 15, 2020 1:29 AM

[quote] I also find interesting she subscribed to Alanis Morisette who had her own public battle with mental illness.

She is (was?) 36. It's simply likely she owned Jagged Little Pill in middle school (didn't everybody?) and was still a fan.

by Anonymousreply 219August 15, 2020 1:31 AM

Websleuth's comment: The three hours of time from the Shell station (~5pm) & ~(8pm) when she last spoke to her mother crossing the bridge is so concerning to me. These two locations are within miles of one another, yet it took her 3 hours.

The timeline is not unlike others in her path where it took much longer to get somewhere than normal.

West Memphis, Arkansas is not a place I would consider overly safe for a female alone. It’s not a place I would ever consider being alone for any amount of time.

LE press conference this am gave little extra info.

Posters living in the general area say it would be extremely difficult to drive into the river intentionally or by accident. Still the entire river area has been searched. Car has not been located nor has shown up as crossing the bridge.

by Anonymousreply 220August 15, 2020 1:46 AM

R220 for the first part, wasn’t it established that she visited her dead fiancé grave and that’s why she has there to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 221August 15, 2020 2:01 AM

Websleuth comments from multiple posters,

Blake Larsen with the Overland Park Police Department, said that while it’s a “unique and strange case,” authorities have no reason to reclassify her disappearance as a criminal investigation.

“What makes this one really strange is how everything just stopped at a certain time, and we haven’t had any sightings or heard from her since," Larsen said. "A lot of people who go missing, we can continue to track ... This one is just strange how it just stopped.”

Marilane bought a plane ticket for the next day. Did she also make child care arrangements for while she was gone? Adam works full time.

Marilane's well-off extended family would never have approved of her conversion to Catholicism let alone a divorce from her Baptist husband. I'm hoping someone changed the license plates on her car and has helped her hide out until she's mentally OK. Perhaps that's the only way she thought that she could start a new life. Downside of growing up in a Conservative religion with lots of gossip and shaming IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 222August 15, 2020 2:12 AM

If she converted to Catholicism and ran from her family fearing reprisals and died some how, that sets things up for her to be a modern day martyr.

by Anonymousreply 223August 15, 2020 3:04 AM

This shit is fascinating. Keep it coming!

by Anonymousreply 224August 15, 2020 3:20 AM

R224, Just for you from Websleuths. Press conference was extremely good. IMO she is/was in danger. I live about 10 minutes from Louisville, Ky. An article on their local TV station said carjackings here are up 275% from last year!

Although the river is massive (I travel through that area a lot), I would be more inclined to think of a carjacking and abduction simply because West Memphis/Memphis is very dangerous.

Other posters who live in the area state that it would be very difficult for even a suicidal person to drive into the river, or to even accidentally crash the barrier and to end up in the water.

by Anonymousreply 225August 15, 2020 6:08 PM

Overland Park KS Detective Blake Larsen described Marilane's hotel two and a hour hotel stop as "very strange" and "concerning."

He's tactfully wording that she was crazy and the family wasn't aware of how much she was.

by Anonymousreply 226August 15, 2020 7:20 PM

Random idea, she got pregnant once again and was not going to have child number four or even tell her family and was traveling to get an illegal abortion and something went wrong and the “doctor” covered it all up?

by Anonymousreply 227August 15, 2020 7:34 PM

Marilane walked in on Pastor Hubby giving a rimjob to one of his male parishioners and she was about to spill the beans. Pastor decided she just had to 'disappear!'

by Anonymousreply 228August 15, 2020 7:36 PM

Her backstory is quite interesting and poses so many possiblities. but maybe she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

by Anonymousreply 229August 15, 2020 10:41 PM

100% true r228. If only pastors' wives could be cool so many tragedies could be avoided.

by Anonymousreply 230August 15, 2020 11:04 PM

Remember that pastor's wife who bumped off her husband several years ago? This was in Tennesee or Kentucky, and after she killed him she left with her little daughters for the beach in Georgia or Florida or someplace. She ended up getting an incredible sweetheart deal and did little or no jail time, apparently because he was coercing her to do some kinky shit. That was incredible and I never heard what exactly counts as murder-worthy kink in Tennesee.

by Anonymousreply 231August 15, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote]If only pastors' wives could be cool so many tragedies could be avoided.

"Pastors' Wives" sounds like the title of a Jackie Collins potboiler.

by Anonymousreply 232August 16, 2020 12:14 AM

I'd read it.

by Anonymousreply 233August 16, 2020 12:15 AM

Gay you say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 16, 2020 12:28 AM

Smellin cookies where?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235August 16, 2020 12:30 AM

Wasn’t the Pastor’s Wife a Whitney Houston movie?

by Anonymousreply 236August 16, 2020 12:31 AM

That pastor is a homo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 16, 2020 12:37 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 16, 2020 12:38 AM

How did I miss this case? I like the theory that converting to Catholicism was her way out of the fundie mess. Although out of the frying pan, into the fire.

It pisses me off that he’s making her out to be the crazy one, when he’s obviously gay as fuck And gaslighting. And the whole family is covering up whatever happened. Maybe her mother really believed that Marilane was leaving for the sister’s place.

I really hope she’s in some Catholic Underground Railroad. I really

by Anonymousreply 239August 16, 2020 12:39 AM

And their children are fugly, like the Watts.

by Anonymousreply 240August 16, 2020 12:40 AM

R238, he looks better in some photos vs. others.

by Anonymousreply 241August 16, 2020 2:23 AM

He looks like what he is: a trashy con artist.

by Anonymousreply 242August 16, 2020 4:17 AM

The pastor gives out Jeckyll-Hyde vibes. Perfect in public, an abuser at home. The woman and kids look traumatised.

I also noticed some weird things in the interview with her parents. Her mother pretends to be crying but her eyes are dry and very cold. The father is genuinely smiling, not looking worried at all, and has the airs of a man who knows something.

Marylane herself has the same eyes and smile like two sisters I know who were severely abused as children by narcissistic parents. Like, the exact same forced-happy-but-slightly-insane.

I think she was either abused to the point she couldn't take it anymore and ran away, or offed herself, or was killed by the controlling Jesus freak husband with the knowledge and approval of the parents. That would explain why they aren't pushing very much for her to be found. They don't look like the kind to be hiding her from him, although it is possible.

It is definitely telling that he's trying to paint her as mentally ill and in a crisis. Setting the scene for when the corpse is found in the river to be ruled a suicide.

And, to add to my Miss Marple ideas, he looks like a man I know, who is both gay (and verrry promiscuous) and truly sociopathic, with this carefully curated public "perfect boy" image. Also into weird religious practices, emotionally abused one of my best friends for nearly 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 243August 16, 2020 4:59 AM

She has mental health issues and she ran into trouble in Memphis, TN. Her mobile ran out of juice. She probably parked her park and walked into the woods and perished.

:smh: at the conspiracy theories in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 244August 16, 2020 5:22 AM

The pastor husband is waaaay too interested in painting her as mentally ill. Supposedly they/she didn’t want anyone to know, and there he is blabbing it all over TV. It strikes me as a preemptive alibi.

I hope like hell she ran away from that bunch of nut bars.

by Anonymousreply 245August 16, 2020 5:25 AM

I can't lie -- I'm curious what his naked ass looks like.

by Anonymousreply 246August 16, 2020 5:39 AM

R246 He’s on Chaturbate as FreakyKansasPastor

by Anonymousreply 247August 16, 2020 5:46 AM

Can a DLer with a FB account go to the Leawood Baptist Church FB page and ask if anyone knows if the pastor is gay for sure? Just post it to the comments in the photos. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 248August 16, 2020 6:26 AM

R249, Do you actually think that any of the congregation would respond honestly?

I posted your question on the FB link which is in all CAPS. Not the other one started by a relative. Multiple people agreed with the possibility the pastor husband could be in the closet and gay/bi, and some of them live in the general area where he lives. (One poster asked what it meant to be "in the closet.")

by Anonymousreply 249August 16, 2020 6:39 AM

Wow, a man's wife has disappeared (which, based on the evidence, it seems pretty clear he had nothing to do with), and you publicly speculate on his sexuality on a FB page local to his area.

Classy.

by Anonymousreply 250August 16, 2020 9:06 AM

[quote]It pisses me off that he’s making her out to be the crazy one, when he’s obviously gay as fuck And gaslighting. And the whole family is covering up whatever happened.

I'll never remember the name of the woman who disappeared, but several years ago a woman dropped off her kids with her gaslighting cheating husband and was never seen again. The husband and his family were constantly saying that the missing woman was crazy and a terrible mom who abandoned her kids Everyone thought he'd murdered her because of all his unconvincing stories about her being mentally ill.. A year or so later she was found at the bottom of a mountain, her car had plunged off a cliff, and it turned out the husband the whole time had her car's GPS information so he knew she was likely dead from an accident. Still, he and his family kept publicly saying she was mentally ill and had abandoned her children.

Something similar could be happening here. Trashy people gotta be trashy, it's the only way they know how to behave.

by Anonymousreply 251August 16, 2020 9:49 AM

She left Saturday night at 8:15 PM. Hours into her drive, she stopped at a McD's ALONE. She checked into a hotel in Missouri ALONE. She woke up after three hour's sleeps and left the hotel ALONE. Credit card receipts support her transactions, including gas stops. The mobile pings tracks her journey and they end in Memphis.

The father was with THE KIDS.

She was suffering from mental illness. The husband couldn't stop her. He has been active in the search.

This DL Detective Agency is staffed by morons who are more interested in outing the husband than getting to the bottom of this poor woman's disappearance.

by Anonymousreply 252August 16, 2020 9:59 AM

Cinesnatch is really taking the fantasy that DL bears the obligation to solve this case very, very seriously.

by Anonymousreply 253August 16, 2020 10:03 AM

I'm listening to a Nancy Grace podcast interviewing the husband of the missing woman's sister.

She is SO disrespectful. He was very candid and straight-forward.

Anyway, he confirmed my suspicions. Y'all were wrong.

by Anonymousreply 254August 16, 2020 11:31 AM

How, R254? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 255August 16, 2020 11:39 AM

Hi R255, How do I know y'all were wrong, or how was she disrespectful to the missing woman's brother-in-law?

If it's the former, read my posts. They all check out. One provides details. Just do a word search of my name in this thread.

If it's the latter, Nancy is rude, keeps interrupting him, and tries to prolong the suspicions on the husband when the brother-in-law keeps trying to nip it in the bud.

by Anonymousreply 256August 16, 2020 11:56 AM

So, you're saying an interview with the BIL closes this case and is proof of innocence for the husband because you said so?

by Anonymousreply 257August 16, 2020 12:02 PM

R230, How wrong you are in your extremely false assumptions. FB page is dedicated to finding Marilane. The way I phrased the question was extremely diplomatic and certainly not direct. I wrote that some have suggested that her pastor husband might be sleeping with someone else and she was beyond shocked to uncover it.

Dozens of posters agreed with me pointing out that his body language towards her was "way off." Also that he spoke of his missing wife like you would a puppy that ran off. All kinds of "unclassy" phrases were used to describe him by various posters as is common in amateur sleuth groups.

LE always asks when wives go missing if there were underlying problems in the marriage such as an affair. It's that common.

by Anonymousreply 258August 16, 2020 1:53 PM

She's fine! She sends her love!

by Anonymousreply 259August 16, 2020 1:56 PM

Marilane put a lot of effort into getting away from her gay jesus-freak husband. Maybe she doesn't want to be found. Maybe just wish her well and leave her alone. She could very easily be secluded in a domestic violence safe home praying to her Catholic gods for everyone to stop hunting for her so that she can be safe.

If she's found, back she goes to her crazy-assed husband and his backward beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 260August 16, 2020 2:00 PM

Where's the FB page in question? I won't post anything, but I"m curious to read what's there.

by Anonymousreply 261August 16, 2020 2:10 PM

R243- I TOTALLY agree with you that in the family portrait on the Church's web-page, both the pastor and his wife have incredibly forced smiles. I am an Elementary school teacher, and as such am constantly exposed to the "Domestic airs" families put on to portray a semblance of Domestic Bliss. I ALWAYS give a side-eye to the ones who flash a wallet-size of the obligatory * Picture perfect* family portrait. Give me a teacher's conference one-on-one with harried/ frazzled looking parents any day who actually gave a damn enough to show up and care about their children's well-being. That being said, if what the Pastor said was true about the wife taking off to find " Mental health" assistance in the middle of the night, there will surely be evidence of SOME history and attempts by the wife to get help before.- " "Pastoral Counseling" from one of those turkey-neck interns, a friend she talked to, or even a Web- based forum she spilled her guts to. That kind of desperate drive she supposedly took to get help just doesn't pop out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 262August 16, 2020 2:11 PM

Personally, I think she’s dead, having gone off the road and landing in a body of water. It’s probably that simple.

I’ll agree with Cinesnatch that she seemed to be alone and her actions seem erratic. From what I’m reading, she gets despondent every year, in the month of the anniversary of her former fiancé’s death - who died like 20 years ago. That’s not... mentally healthy.

I’m not hearing the usual raving about what a devoted mother she was.

I don’t know, man. It’s possible, as in the Watts case, that they’re both fucked up. Both things can be true.

by Anonymousreply 263August 16, 2020 2:14 PM

She could be in any local hospital that has a physch ward. That other pastor got away with it.

by Anonymousreply 264August 16, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote]If it's the latter, Nancy is rude, keeps interrupting him, and tries to prolong the suspicions on the husband when the brother-in-law keeps trying to nip it in the bud.

This is the Nancy Grace we know and love on DL. Does she have a shorthand name for the missing woman yet, along the lines of Tot Mom?

by Anonymousreply 265August 16, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote] I ALWAYS give a side-eye to the ones who flash a wallet-size of the obligatory * Picture perfect* family portrait

Youngish parents still carry photos of family in wallets?

by Anonymousreply 266August 16, 2020 2:39 PM

":smh: at the conspiracy theories in this thread."

The hard, cold statistics that say the husband is almost always involved in the cases of missing women is NOT a "conspiracy theory." Why don't you ask anyone in law enforcement. Oh, wait, I forgot: You're that guy who tells us in thread after thread that sex doesn't exist and genitals are irrelevant, so I guess there's no such thing as male violence anymore. Aaaalrighty, then.

by Anonymousreply 267August 16, 2020 3:01 PM

When your life is at its lowest possible moment, in comes Nancy Grace to snarl at you and call you a liar. And worse.

Don't ever speak to that horrible woman.

by Anonymousreply 268August 16, 2020 3:10 PM

R267, I agree. It’s usually the husband. The only recent case I can remember where the guilty-seeming husband was innocent is the one where the fundie “friend” killed the woman and stole the baby. Everyone suspected the baby daddy.

Anyway, I’m not 100% buying the “mental issues” thing, because he’s pushing it so hard. But not dismissing it. Her actions were bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 269August 16, 2020 3:11 PM

Walked into the woods and perished, r244???

How, by a roving pack of killer foxes? Or deer? Or both together? She drowned herself in a creek?

by Anonymousreply 270August 16, 2020 3:25 PM

I am hoping that the police have been watching and wire tapping etc., the husband's activities, and that is why we haven't heard anything yet. They highly suspect he killed her,but they need to build their case.

His interview on television was just like every other husband that killed their wives. He did it.

by Anonymousreply 271August 16, 2020 3:29 PM

Can't the Baptists just pray to St Anthony to have her found,? "St. Anthony, St. Anthony, come around. Something is lost and must be found!"

Too bad for them.

by Anonymousreply 272August 16, 2020 3:34 PM

Was Saint Christopher not there to carry her over the water?

by Anonymousreply 273August 16, 2020 3:47 PM

She had a smile that lit up the room - -

by Anonymousreply 274August 16, 2020 3:48 PM

Q: Does Marilane rhyme with Mary Jane?

Could be drug trafficking. Someone look into that.

by Anonymousreply 275August 16, 2020 3:53 PM

... and she never met a person who didn't like her instantly or for whom she wouldn't have given the shirt off her back if they needed it.

by Anonymousreply 276August 16, 2020 3:54 PM

R276 this made me wonder how you never hear honest interviews - "She is actually a complete bitch. I mean, we still want her back, I suppose, but she is the most selfish cunt you've ever seen. Anyway, dear, if you're still out there, quit staging stupid shit for attention and come home. Whore."

by Anonymousreply 277August 16, 2020 3:58 PM

That lil hussy was obviously looking to get pounded by some straight manmeat in Memphis or Nashville or wherever she was going. The gay pastor hubby was obviously not giving her his D. But she met her match!

by Anonymousreply 278August 16, 2020 3:59 PM

Update: Lead Det Blake Larsen (Overland Park PD) says no criminal acts suspected.

by Anonymousreply 279August 16, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote]Update: Lead Det Blake Larsen (Overland Park PD) says no criminal acts suspected.

That could mean they're trying to keep a suspect off-guard.

by Anonymousreply 280August 16, 2020 4:12 PM

A dingo ate my wife.

by Anonymousreply 281August 16, 2020 4:19 PM

What I can’t get over is how she never seemed to get over her dead fiance. Like, you married and have three kids and you’re still hung up on that shit?

Also: I think religion was a big part of this. She was extensively educated in religious study and was a hospital chaplain. She’s had a career. She’s supposed to become a pastor’s wife as if she’s some Susie Homemaker and play second fiddle and subordinate? I bet she was chafing at the stupid restraints of her religious life. I hope she ran far away and is getting free of that shit.

by Anonymousreply 282August 16, 2020 5:43 PM

R276, I’m not hearing/seeing a lot of that.

by Anonymousreply 283August 16, 2020 5:43 PM

FIND MARILANE CARTER in all caps is the better FB group started by friends, with posts from those who know her family & who live in the general area.

The other Marilane Carter FB group that's not in all caps was started by family members.

by Anonymousreply 284August 16, 2020 5:49 PM

Do any of you truly think she's still alive, with her cell phone and credit cards completely dormant for more than two weeks? I don't.

by Anonymousreply 285August 16, 2020 5:49 PM

I just saw one video of the fiancé and he struck me as gay too, going into the Army to prove his masculinity. Seems she has a type.

by Anonymousreply 286August 16, 2020 5:56 PM

It two weeks now right?

by Anonymousreply 287August 16, 2020 5:57 PM

R262, Posters on Websleuths' conjecture that Marilane's conversion to Catholicism, with the official ceremony delayed a couple of months until June, and her following of the priest on social media was her cry for help outside of the confines of her controlling relatives.

Her husband's parents are providing childcare to her 3 young kids. How would they react to her new faith knowing their son would then lose his job as pastor to their Baptist church?

Cannot exaggerate how serious it was for her to abandon her large extended family's Southern Baptist heritage. By the way her deceased fiance and his family, to whom she's still close, are also Baptist. Posters online wonder if MariLane met someone who's Catholic and that's what led to her decision to go through the complicated conversion process.

by Anonymousreply 288August 16, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote]...extensively educated in religious study....

'Religious study' is not an education. It's made-up bullshit layered on top of made-up bullshit. Just as pastoral 'counseling' is not counseling. Those charltans are not qualifed to counsel anyone. All they do is reinforce their religions doctrine and pass the plate. If Marilane was extensively educated in religious study, look for her to be more deeply confused, not less.

by Anonymousreply 289August 16, 2020 5:58 PM

If she’s hiding out in a battered woman’s shelter they would have given her a new phone and counseled her not to use credit cards to avoid detection. She might have skimmed off cash withdrawals for months to build up a fund for her escape, Think Sleeping With the Enemy. I bet her prissy husband demands the towels be perfectly lined up and can goods in alphabetical order facing outward. .

by Anonymousreply 290August 16, 2020 6:01 PM

R269, On the FB page FINDING MARILANE CARTER (all caps) as well as on Websleuths several posters said it was impossible to drive into the river by accident or even intentionally due to the high barriers put up to prevent problems.

Accessing the water requires a thorough knowledge of all of back roads, and even then it's very difficult to self-destruct in that manner.

by Anonymousreply 291August 16, 2020 6:02 PM

R282, Remember her videotaped interview for a teaching position at a Catholic school is on YouTube. Right. A woman raised Southern Baptist, who went to Bible college, was a hospital Chaplain, now married to a Baptist pastor, applied to be a teacher at a CATHOLIC elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 292August 16, 2020 6:09 PM

R286, I've repeatedly posted on DL how many women from very conservative religious backgrounds marry gay/bi men. Usually neither partner is very sexually experienced due to their indoctrination. Expectations of a satisfying sex life by DL standards is extremely low.

If the couple are truly good friends and have similar values and goals, and especially a shared religion, sometimes these marriages are reasonably successful, especially if either one has a very low sex drive and/or has a lover on the QT. That is as long as outside affairs are kept way off the radar of mutual friends and extended family members.

Women married to gay/bi men rationalize their spouse's sexual needs preferring he have an affair with a man rather than a competing woman. The latter could easily get pregnant while there's little chance the male lover's seeking marriage.

Yes I know now things have changed with Marriage Equality but it's still not done in many conservative religious circles and smaller towns. (Yes I've met plenty of couples of all ages like I've just described.)

by Anonymousreply 293August 16, 2020 6:21 PM

All in all, these conservatives religions are looking oppressive as Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 294August 16, 2020 6:23 PM

Catholics, an Italian cult run by pedophiles in fancy dresses, are NOT true American Bible-Believing Christians. It Marilane went over to the Dark Side, captured by Satan's minions, she'll have to reckon with the Judgment of Lord God and His Only Begotten Son!

by Anonymousreply 295August 16, 2020 6:34 PM

FIND MARILANE CARTER on FB has revealed via a friend of Adam Carter that she inherited a large sum of money a couple of years ago. Believe the pastor/husband has been managing these funds. Potential for more conflict as to how to spend it?

by Anonymousreply 296August 16, 2020 6:48 PM

I can’t find the “unofficial” non-family run FB...can someone provide a link?

by Anonymousreply 297August 16, 2020 6:57 PM

[quote]OK can you explain the Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri thing, I’ve never understood that.

Both Kansas and Missouri have cities named Kansas City. Did you finish middle school?

by Anonymousreply 298August 16, 2020 8:31 PM

R297, Tried once again to post a link and DL rejected it. Another poster previously tried, same negative result.

Go to "Q" in the search bar and type in the following in all caps: FIND MARILANE CARTER and it will take the organizers a very short time to approve your request to join.

by Anonymousreply 299August 16, 2020 8:31 PM

I had two or three links refused also. Well. You get what you pay for.

by Anonymousreply 300August 16, 2020 8:40 PM

Facebook links to individual profiles and groups don't work, and I don't think they have for awhile now.

by Anonymousreply 301August 16, 2020 8:48 PM

R298, Always took advanced courses in public school and have an excellent memory. However San Diego schools never discussed the difference between the 2 identically named cities.

Find it amusing when posters question what others learned in public school. Know that's why so many parents with whom I have spoken advocate home schooling if they're intellectuals.

by Anonymousreply 302August 16, 2020 8:52 PM

R247, he has the face of a guy who you expect to have a meaty, bubble-ass.

by Anonymousreply 303August 16, 2020 8:55 PM

THANK YOU R299!

by Anonymousreply 304August 16, 2020 9:00 PM

Websleuth posters have suggested that in the past similar cases of missing women have resulted in the victims being found deceased in their vehicles months later. A medical issue or a prescription drug overdose have been just 2 of the causes of death. Don't know how many of them had overly controlling, conservative, religious husbands.

by Anonymousreply 305August 16, 2020 9:04 PM

Websleuths report: Catholic Church speaks, somewhat.....

St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Parish Please join St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Parish in praying for Overland Park resident Marilane Carter, who has been missing since August 2, 2020. Anyone with information is asked to call 911.

Posters cannot think of another case in history where a Baptist pastor's wife, from a 100% dedicated Southern Baptist family and a Divinity Degree from a Baptist college, converted to Catholicism. Conversion should have taken place last Easter but was delayed until June 2020 due to Covid-19. This means Marilane spent last fall and winter in extensive conversion classes.

While Marilane could have been the victim of a carjacking, at enhanced risk because she hadn't been properly sleeping and probably looked unwell as well as having out-of-state license plates and likely lost/unfamiliar with the route, one cannot overlook the likely anger of her pastor husband and his Baptist family at her actions. WHEN did he learn of her conversion to Catholicism? How did she hide everything from him when she had 3 young children to supervise rather than going to Catholic study classes?

by Anonymousreply 306August 16, 2020 10:53 PM

I had no idea the south was so Catholic/Protestant divided... Sounds like Northern Ireland circa 1980. Maybe someone car-bombed her.

by Anonymousreply 307August 16, 2020 11:33 PM

Cause Southern Baptists (in the South) are the descendants of Ulster Protestant immigrants as a rule. They brought that here, R307.

by Anonymousreply 308August 17, 2020 12:04 AM

R307, Southern Baptists have always believed Catholics like Mormons worship the Devil and are heretics. Perhaps they're polite on the surface but they seriously believe that the Pope is the anti-Christ, and not just the current Pope either.

In other words Southern Baptists do not think that Catholics and LDS are "Christian." The latter 2 groups think that they are absolutely the only "true Christians." Non-Christians to all of the above groups will be spending their afterlife burning eternally in Hell unless they convert.

by Anonymousreply 309August 17, 2020 12:18 AM

Catholics have accepted the Eastern Orthodox as true Christians since Paul VI met with the Patriarch of Constantinople in the 1960s or something. They are not united but they are getting along. Benedict was a little upset that the Greeks had better being and more gold on their robes but they patched it up. Protestants can still go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 310August 17, 2020 12:23 AM

better bling^

by Anonymousreply 311August 17, 2020 12:24 AM

Not much of an update from Websleuths and her relatives FB,

Still no trace of Marilane. Law enforcement hasn't shared any new evidence or updates today. We remain hopeful for significant progress on the cellular forensic results from law enforcement investigators.

More volunteers have been printing + posting Marilane's flyers, searching parking lots, sharing on social media, and reaching out in any way possible. THOUSANDS have been posted all over the region.

THANK YOU volunteers - you know who you are!

We are also working to connect with groups that have unique perspectives and angles to be aware: crop duster pilots, river/tug boat captains, church groups, taxi drivers, transportation hubs, etc. (just to name a few).

Marilane - your entire family adores you, wants you home, and to know you are safe

16+ hours of sonar data is currently under review as well.

by Anonymousreply 312August 17, 2020 12:28 AM

As this rate it’ll be on the next season of Unsolved Mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 313August 17, 2020 1:25 AM

Wait... hubby is being truthful, according to this (seemingly trustworthy) nobody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314August 17, 2020 4:37 AM

R286, Websleuths' comment for you:

I’ve read Marilane's past comments on her dead fiance's memorial site and he absolutely had a profound impact on her life. He was extremely religious and felt a religious calling to enlist. I’ve also read she was very close with his mom.

by Anonymousreply 315August 17, 2020 4:42 AM

Go to youtube and look for "Plunder." Her videos had accurate things about the Watts Family Murders. Her video about Marilane's disappearance spoke of a family friend who posted an appeal on FB the day Marilane disappeared or the day after and was asked by the Carter Family to remove it.

Marilane must have under tremendous pressure. She recently converted to Catholicism (from being raised a Southern Baptist) . Her husband is a preacher. I think she wanted a divorce. A divorce does not look good on a preacher's resumé.

The Covid lockdown must have magnified the stress. I think she had been thinking about her first husband who died and what her life might have been had he not been killed in war.

Her parents have money. They could have offered a reward but didn't.

I think she is alive and in a hospital.

I think she tossed her phone over the bridge after talking to her mom (who I think wasn't empathatic followed by a phone call to her husband).

by Anonymousreply 316August 17, 2020 4:55 AM

R306 are you regurgitating the WS poster's bullshit? "How did she hide everything from him when she had 3 young children to supervise rather than going to Catholic study classes? "

WTF?! It's 2020.

by Anonymousreply 317August 17, 2020 5:05 AM

Marilane along with her 5 or 6 siblings were all home schooled. Perhaps that's why her view of the world and potential boyfriends/husbands were so biased.

by Anonymousreply 318August 17, 2020 5:15 AM

R317, I understand you're probably a big city Coastal but life is very different for those of us raised in Conservative, dictatorial, rule-oriented, parental dominant families. I grew up and went to college with tons of girls and young women exactly like Marilane. Southern Baptists who identified #1 as "Christian" although we didn't live in the South nor the Mid West.

When you got married it was "love, honor and OBEY." Marilane's husband controlled HER inherited money. What does that tell you? Life hasn't changed very much for countless women in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 319August 17, 2020 5:20 AM

R319, I'm exactly Marilane's age and I don't see how someone our age can be [italic]that[/italic] sheltered. She had cellphone, internet, listened to Alanis Morisette, lol.

by Anonymousreply 320August 17, 2020 5:24 AM

R316, It may be 2929 but Marilane's extended family do not believe in divorce nor in wives working outside the home. Nor would they want to air their "dirty linen" in public if you know what I mean.

Hoping that Marilane is still alive but found a way to hide her car and to go anonymously to a Catholic retreat of some kind. Know there's one in Los Angeles County designed to shelter women going through extreme trauma like a divorce. Basically they spend their time not talking to others but praying and crying in solitude as they choose.

by Anonymousreply 321August 17, 2020 5:25 AM

R319 My mother was raised Primitive Baptist and was taught, "Jesus first. Family second. You come last." My mother converted to Church of Christ when she married my dad. I was raised C of C. I know all about it. So, don't lecture me. We all have choices and can stand up for ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 322August 17, 2020 6:07 AM

No religion should shackle a person. That is the opposite of spiritualism.

by Anonymousreply 323August 17, 2020 6:14 AM

R322, R323, I agree with you but when you're constantly beaten down for voicing an opinion which may be even slightly different from your authority figure then you learn to turn off that voice inside of you which naturally objects. Part of being raised to be always submissive t a man or to suffer a mental stressful disconnect.

To sleuth Marilane we must try to get inside her head. Did she really commit suicide or did she "blank out" due to extreme stress and inability to sleep? IMHO she met someone while driving that's helping her hide until she fully heals. Then she'll be ready to divorce her pastor husband and seek empowering employment.

by Anonymousreply 324August 17, 2020 6:52 AM

R324 I am in agreement w/ your first paragraph.

But I don't think Marliane committed suicide or was "rescued" by a man. I think she was able to get herself into a medical facility. I'm hoping so for her sake and her for the sake of her children.

by Anonymousreply 325August 17, 2020 7:02 AM

There is such weird scrutiny about Marilane checking into the hotel and checking out 3 hrs later. She obviously checked in to take a shower in order to steel herself to keep driving to the hospital where she used to work. She trusted them and was trying to get to them.

Sleep disorder. Stress. Whatever. She was looking for the best medical place to check into that was covered by her insurance.

by Anonymousreply 326August 17, 2020 7:07 AM

I think Marilane checked into that hotel for 2 hours and made those calls to throw off the cops. False leads, if you will. I bet the Catholic priest or his associates are hiding her. I agree with the above poster, hope her creepy family never gets its paws on her again.

I find it so telling that the children's second parent, their father, immediately unloaded them onto his mom. Him? To take care of his own kids? In a time when they need him the most? Don't be ludicrous, Jane.

by Anonymousreply 327August 17, 2020 10:08 AM

The conspiracy theories in this thread are almost at the level of Hillary's pedophile ring ran out of the basement of Comet Pizza.

by Anonymousreply 328August 17, 2020 11:10 AM

Cinesnatch, are you sure you know where you are, dear? Stop pissing on our fun and retire to the humourless corner of the internet where you belong.

by Anonymousreply 329August 17, 2020 12:09 PM

She got herself to a nunnery.

She's now Sister Immaculata, and she'd love to say she's fine, but she's taken a vow of silence.

by Anonymousreply 330August 17, 2020 12:45 PM

I agree that she is in the hands of the Catholics. They have her hidden in a convent, getting ready to start teaching in a Catholic school. It was her only way out of that Baptist mess she had fallen into. There is NO WAY that her husband would let go of those kids. NO WAY. And no way that a judge in Flyover Land would take kids away from a Baptist minister and give them to a woman that the Baptist minister has labeled as mentally ill.

The best she can do is go hide out in a Catholic institution and pray for her children's welfare and her husband's early death.

by Anonymousreply 331August 17, 2020 1:58 PM

Aren't hospital chaplains usually non-denominational? The chaplain who gave my Catholic father last rites in the ICU was a woman.

by Anonymousreply 332August 17, 2020 2:35 PM

^^ I digressed because I think you’d have to be able to serve any religion in that job, and be open-minded to any faith. She must have been, unless hospitals employ several chaplains to minister to different religions. I know a Jewish rabbi who’s a chaplain in a major hospital here in NYC. Maybe he’s only there for Jews, but he’s an intellectual and spiritual man who is open-minded.

by Anonymousreply 333August 17, 2020 2:42 PM

NO WAY that a non-Catholic woman gave Catholic Last Rites in a hospital. If she tried, it doesn't count.

The deceased is burning in Catholic Hell right now.

by Anonymousreply 334August 17, 2020 3:00 PM

Now I am beginning to understand the unpopularity of Cine-whatever. Any demands for validation on this site are the signs of a sick or underdeveloped mind.

As for the missing theologian, I popped back in this thread to see if there had been any developments. It is hard being a true believer. What drove me away from the church was not the anti-gay shit, but rather the hypocrisy. The not following through with those things you try to project. I could understand the allure of Catholicism because it allows for some form of atonement. It provides more balance of action.

I agree with those who think she was struggling. Whether it led to her demise, or she is in hiding have yet to be determined I guess. But gay baptist minister is really a redundant term. So I wouldn't put much stock in that being the pivotal causation.

by Anonymousreply 335August 17, 2020 3:14 PM

R334, she did. With the oil and everything. He was only nominally Catholic, but did insist that we children were christened. We never went through the whole confirmation or ever went to Mass in our lives. My mother assented, but she was Protestant. I was also baptized by an actual Baptist in a swimming pool when I was 7. How’s that for insurance?

I have no idea if it counted, and don’t really care because I’m agnostic. It seemed to comfort my sister, so it’s all good. I suppose the truly devout call in their own priest.

My point is that chaplains must be able to be a little flexible, dealing with hospitalized people and their loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 336August 17, 2020 3:14 PM

if her parents (or relatives) know where she actually is and withholding it from LE, are they breaking any law? Theyre spending taxpayers money to find her.

by Anonymousreply 337August 17, 2020 3:37 PM

R336, maybe she was one of those radical lesbian nuns. They do shit like that.

And who do you think Catholics are with safe houses and secret nunneries. It's like something out of Marie Monk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338August 17, 2020 3:44 PM

Serious question here-Would a mental facility have to honor a patient's privacy when there is a police search going on for the patient? I'm assuming so, but....

by Anonymousreply 339August 17, 2020 4:15 PM

[quote]R330 She got herself to a nunnery. She's now Sister Immaculata, and she'd love to say she's fine, but she's taken a vow of silence.

Room for one more?

by Anonymousreply 340August 17, 2020 4:25 PM

[quote]R331 The best she can do is go hide out in a Catholic institution and pray for her children's welfare and her husband's early death.

What will the Lifetime Original Movie be called??

I guess Tori Spelling is too old.

by Anonymousreply 341August 17, 2020 4:42 PM

Who said anything about secret nunneries? The police cannot barge into a convent or a rectory or even a CYO without an invitation from the owner or a search warrant. If they are convinced she needs sanctuary and they give it to her, that's between them.

by Anonymousreply 342August 17, 2020 4:53 PM

She's been whisked off to the Vatican!

by Anonymousreply 343August 17, 2020 5:05 PM

R210 - there's this big curving wet thingy called the Missouri River. Kansas is stuck on the boring side of it, while Missouri is the more fun side. We ain't called the Show Me State for nothing sweetie 😘

by Anonymousreply 344August 17, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote]She's been whisked off to the Vatican!

Will nobody stop Pope Francis' reign of terror??!!

by Anonymousreply 345August 17, 2020 5:10 PM

Where are the pastor's nudes? Cock size?

by Anonymousreply 346August 17, 2020 7:06 PM

Cinesnatch is an insufferable windbag.

by Anonymousreply 347August 17, 2020 10:32 PM

I hope it's something like an escape from a cult like the Mormons or Scientologists where you have to have a secret pick up location at a particular time and you are whisked away and live with other abused and escaped wives of Baptist fundamentalist clergy.

by Anonymousreply 348August 17, 2020 10:51 PM

Yup, R348. She just drove her car into the back of an 18 wheeler and she was as good as vanished.

by Anonymousreply 349August 17, 2020 11:54 PM

R347, feel free to put me on Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 350August 18, 2020 6:56 AM

I feel so inferior reading this thread

There are posts here where the DL'er took the time to look up names nationwide and find obscure eulogy videos and tiny tidbits of info that took time and research.

I'm reading this in my underwear and eating a fudgsicle with FNM's Angel Dust playing in the background.

I consider that multitasking.

by Anonymousreply 351August 18, 2020 11:28 AM

Okay, I'll be the cunt to say it:

Those kids are creepy lookin' as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 352August 18, 2020 11:58 AM

R352 They do seem to have hair problems like the Watts children. But at least at present they remain on dry land.

by Anonymousreply 353August 18, 2020 12:37 PM

The Catholic conversion is the key here, it’s the motive for murder or what caused her to go over the edge.

The family is being tight lipped to keep this quiet as long as possible.

They know she is holed up in a psych ward somewhere, ran off with another man, killed herself or they know the husband did something to her.

Either way the family is more concerned about themselves, instead of finding her and that speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 354August 18, 2020 2:55 PM

Any actual news on the case?

by Anonymousreply 355August 18, 2020 3:52 PM

R334, Agreed. Websleuths posters who are generally from very similar conservative religious backgrounds have repeatedly questioned why Marilane's family haven't offered a financial reward, as they're relatively well-off, and have remained unusually quiet/distant re media interviews.

by Anonymousreply 356August 18, 2020 5:26 PM

Could she have been sold as a sex slave to the Vatican?

Or do they only accept little boys?

by Anonymousreply 357August 18, 2020 5:44 PM

I agree with the poster up thread who said that Southern Baptists view Catholics and Mormon as somewhat pagan. So Marilane converting to Catholicism would be a shocking to her parents and husband, not to mention looking like a very bad reflection on her husband as a preacher.

by Anonymousreply 358August 18, 2020 10:25 PM

R84 The husband has scratches on his face. They must have had a fight and she split.

Although, I don't think it is so strange that she began her car journey at night. There have been heatwaves. It may have been cooler on her car and on her to drive at night. If she has insomnia, night hours may have been normal for her.

I posted up-thread that she may have checked into the hotel just to take a shower to revive herself to keep going. Maybe she tried to sleep or take a nap but couldn't, so she took a shower and kept driving.

by Anonymousreply 359August 18, 2020 10:29 PM

R178 If a poster tried, they'd be given a time out or be banned from WS. No room for discussion or crime-solving there anymore. You are confined to talk about ONLY what the police have revealed or MSM.

by Anonymousreply 360August 18, 2020 10:33 PM

R222 Wait. Wait. Marliane bought a plane ticket? What, when, where? What was the destination?

by Anonymousreply 361August 18, 2020 10:40 PM

Was Marilane's first husband Catholic (the man killed in the war)? Was he her husband, BF or fiancé?

by Anonymousreply 362August 18, 2020 10:46 PM

R99 Or Marliane wanted to get out of the house.

by Anonymousreply 363August 18, 2020 10:46 PM

R362, he was a fiance.

And I still can’t believe she hasn’t moved on. That’s not healthy.

by Anonymousreply 364August 19, 2020 2:00 AM

CRITTENDEN COUNTY, Ark. — The Crittenden County Sheriff Department says it has located a vehicle matching the description of a missing Kansas woman, and a woman’s remains were found inside.

A credit card with Marilane Carter’s name was found in the car, they said.

Carter was last seen more than two weeks ago as she was driving through the Mid-South on the way to Birmingham. Family and law enforcement have been searching the area for days.

The sheriff’s office says positive identification of the body is still pending.

No foul play is suspected, the sheriff’s office said.

This is a developing story.

[​IMG] Law enforcement searches a field in Crittenden County on Tuesday

Crittenden County authorities find body, vehicle matching missing Kansas woman

Websleuths' posts reveal that the gate to the farming property was normally locked. Shipping containers are often used to safely store farming equipment. They can only be locked from the outside. There were multiple containers nearby.

How Marilane possibly drove into the shipping container and partly closed the extremely heavy doors is questionable. It would take a gale force hurricane to normally close the doors and not a light wind.

by Anonymousreply 365August 19, 2020 2:02 AM

Again Marilane's fiance and his family were also Baptist. She had remained very close to his mother with frequent visits, as well as to his grave site.

by Anonymousreply 366August 19, 2020 2:03 AM

Farming field where the shipping containers with Marilane's body (inside her vehicle) and all of her credit cards and purse was located only a few miles from the last ping of her cell phone. She had not crossed the bridge (her license plate number would have then been recorded.)

Specifics and a picture of the actual shipping container in the field are on Websleuths' site.

by Anonymousreply 367August 19, 2020 2:06 AM

Whaaaat?!

Thanks for the update, though, r365. Gonna head to the other sites.

by Anonymousreply 368August 19, 2020 2:22 AM

Why is the sheriff already certain there's no foul play? Is it suicide?

by Anonymousreply 369August 19, 2020 2:35 AM

Wow, this is a very strange ending, nothing I ever would have imagined. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 370August 19, 2020 2:47 AM

So she fills up the car with gas and then heads into the storage container and asphyxiates herself with carbon monoxide?

by Anonymousreply 371August 19, 2020 2:51 AM

This news brief says a family member found her, which might explain how she knew about these containers because they were on family member’s land perhaps?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372August 19, 2020 2:54 AM

Those are some really smart cops, huh? It didn’t OCCUR to them that a person might be in a shipping container?

This is a weird ass story.

by Anonymousreply 373August 19, 2020 2:55 AM

First things first, their lead is that she’s “Gorgeous?” WTF, this 2020 and were still objectify women in the press even as corpses? Anyways, it says that it was the uncle who found her, that all other family members had left the area and he circled back to this spot. It was mentioned elsewhere that it had been searched and it was presumed that all three were locked.

I had earlier assumed West Memphis was a section of Memphis, but I understand now this is in Arkansas. Also, I didn’t recall hearing they knew she never made it over the bridge because her car plates weren’t registered, so they really had a good idea that she was still in that area, or that side of the river.

It sounds terribly sad, like she knew once she crossed the Mississippi it was a done deal that she would have to go the whole way home to her parents and face whatever grief from them and treatment she needed. She must have been truly broken by that point. Gassed up the car and somehow found a way into these containers to kill herself. Brutal. And it’s not like she did anything to be found. It could have been quite awhile before she was stumbled upon by the land’s owners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374August 19, 2020 3:11 AM

Did they find a rosary on the body? That would make me think it was a suicide.

by Anonymousreply 375August 19, 2020 3:20 AM

I was right!

by Anonymousreply 376August 19, 2020 3:21 AM

Just cannot see how someone could locate and then drive into a shipping container only slightly bigger than her vehicle. Also how was the door then partly closed from the outside?

Does anyone else see holes in the LE report?

by Anonymousreply 377August 19, 2020 3:38 AM

R377, seems very odd that they are so sure of anything, and they have been saying the entire time there was no sign of foul play. Uh, okay!

by Anonymousreply 378August 19, 2020 4:08 AM

R349 was pretty close!

by Anonymousreply 379August 19, 2020 4:10 AM

I would buy the suicide claim if this didn’t occur in the middle of a road trip to see her newborn niece or nephew. Something is off.

by Anonymousreply 380August 19, 2020 4:12 AM

From three days ago:

[quote]She has mental health issues and she ran into trouble in Memphis, TN. Her mobile ran out of juice. She probably parked her park and walked into the woods and perished.

A lot closer than the people who wanted to focus on the husband's sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 381August 19, 2020 4:19 AM

I agree that something is off. If they knew she was so far gone and that she was going to kill herself, why wasn't someone, like her "loving husband" or a family member, in a car on the road trying to catch up with her? Instead they just sat around and let her drive around by herself this long distance?

The alternative is that they didn't know she was suicidal and they shouldn't be so quick to chalk this up to "no foul play."

So which is it? Were the husband and family grossly negligent or are they guilty of something?

by Anonymousreply 382August 19, 2020 4:20 AM

[quote]in a car on the road trying to catch up with her?

Who puts tracking devices on cars when their partner leaves unannounced?

by Anonymousreply 383August 19, 2020 4:21 AM

I wonder how final those conversations she had with her husband and mother were, and if the dropped call was her having her say and then hanging up on them before she killed herself.

by Anonymousreply 384August 19, 2020 4:45 AM

R382: They didn't realize she was *that* unstable until she was already on the road. Mental health can sometimes deteriorate rapidly; she may even have had a psychotic break. Presumably she said something in her conversations with her husband and her mother just before she cut off contact that indicated self-harm was a possibility, since LE mentioned the phone conversations were disturbing.

I figured she had probably committed suicide, but the circumstances are totally bizarre and will probably never be fully explained. After two weeks in a shipping container during a heatwave, they may not even pinpoint a cause of death.

by Anonymousreply 385August 19, 2020 8:32 AM

I've tried keeping up with this thread, since it's in my neck of the woods, but my favorite thing about it is how you DL folks embraced intrepid reporter, Janice Broach! She has been a staple of Memphis news since the early 80s! A series of cosmetic procedures have helped kept her on the air long after many of her contemporaries were put out to pasture. I've met her a couple of times, she's pretty nice.

by Anonymousreply 386August 19, 2020 3:05 PM

I was totally wrong on this. I felt sure that Marilane was safe in a hospital.

It is possible in her state of high-anxiety and lack of sleep, that she spotted the shipping containers, maybe on the w/ the open doors and thought that she could pull into it and sleep in her car and be safe from prying eyes (the cops or a sexual predator).

Or maybe after her last 2 phone calls w/ her mom and husband, she just wanted to disappear or kill herself and chose the storage container.

I think she had enough strength to open the container doors and drive in. The uncle who found the container doors open is a Carter.. He's the uncle of the pastor, Marilane's husband/widower.

The Arkansas LE and sheriff are idiots for not bothering to search the shipping containers.

I wonder what Marilane had said before she left that is being called disturbing by her husband, family, and LE.

I guess we will find out when the cause of death is revealed.

by Anonymousreply 387August 20, 2020 5:17 AM

If she was planning suicide, how did she know without googling it that: A. shipping containers were a viable form of suicide. B. she would just happen to stumble upon rural, isolated shipping containers while driving randomly in towns she’s never been in?

Why not kill herself in the hotel? Why not jump a bridge? Why not kill herself in her own garage? And how did she close the door herself to the shipping container?!

by Anonymousreply 388August 20, 2020 2:10 PM

Hubby wanted dick and had no way out.

by Anonymousreply 389August 20, 2020 2:14 PM

What will the southern cloistered nuns do without Marilane???

by Anonymousreply 390August 20, 2020 3:07 PM

I stand firm that the husband did it. He had a gun to her head and forced her to make the phone calls.

by Anonymousreply 391August 20, 2020 3:16 PM

I'm rethinking everything. I now think the hubby is just a cute straight guy with dimples.

by Anonymousreply 392August 20, 2020 3:49 PM

R388 and how did she manage to back up her SUV into an incredibly tight space in a randomly discovered availably open shipping container she stumbled upon in the dark?

by Anonymousreply 393August 20, 2020 4:28 PM

The container doors are relatively easy to handle. We used them to store hay. She could easily open/ close the door

by Anonymousreply 394August 20, 2020 5:39 PM

How could she close the doors if she SUV barely fit?

Also, if the doors were open to the container - could she have died from carbon monoxide poisoning?

by Anonymousreply 395August 20, 2020 9:18 PM

Her SUV...

by Anonymousreply 396August 20, 2020 9:19 PM

R395, I read (not sure if 100% true) that her shoeprints on the window/windshield indicate that she used the sunroof to get into and out of the vehicle because she couldn’t use the doors. ???

If true, it seems to me that she was acting very deliberately to get herself into that container and close the doors so she could kill herself.

Still doesn’t explain how she found the container and came up with the suicide plan on the fly.

by Anonymousreply 397August 21, 2020 1:15 AM

"Still doesn’t explain how she found the container"

Well, this is her husband's uncle's property, right? If she did this to herself-- big if-- then she must have been familiar with the place.

by Anonymousreply 398August 21, 2020 2:05 AM

R397 Interesting, where did you read about the sunroof?

by Anonymousreply 399August 21, 2020 2:06 AM

R398, it is? I don’t remember hearing that. Well, that would explain it.

by Anonymousreply 400August 21, 2020 3:19 AM

It said that in one of the articles upthread, R400.

by Anonymousreply 401August 21, 2020 3:23 AM

R398, I cannot find a single source that says that Adam Carter’s uncle owns the property where Marilane was found dead.

What I do find is: the man who found the container with the vehicle inside was Marilane’s uncle. Her family was in the area where her phone last pinged. Everyone else went back to their homes, but he took one more look and checked the containers.

by Anonymousreply 402August 21, 2020 3:52 AM

R402 I think you are right. It was the uncle who found her but just on a random private property. Looks like a giant field. The containers were in the field across from the weigh station. She filled up her car, drove a couple miles and then somehow came across the containers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403August 21, 2020 4:38 AM

Which to me means she could have been placed there. An autopsy is called for!!!!

by Anonymousreply 404August 21, 2020 2:29 PM

She obviously commited suicide over having a gay husband and so many needy kids. It's enough to make a gal despair!

by Anonymousreply 405August 21, 2020 2:37 PM

A person who can't open the doors of an SUV can still get in and out of the sunroof, or a back door that swings open, if the vehicle had either. I've been in shipping containers, they're hardly wider than a car, but are much longer and taller.

Which doesn't mean that I buy the suicide theory, it's a possibility but I don't aren't other possibilities still open - what with her husband and family being convinced she was on the verge of joining the devil-worshipping lesbian liberal nuns to work for the antichrist pope? IMHO it's very suspicious that she was found on the property of a family member when she was taking steps to break free from their beliefs and presumably their control, I hope the police are still investigating. I mean they do that sometimes, keep investigating without telling the public, but for all I know the police in rural Flyoverstan are fine with killing relatives who abandon their children to join Team Antichrist (aka Catholicism).

by Anonymousreply 406August 21, 2020 5:22 PM

R406. She was found by a family member - not on a family member's property. Based on the last cell ping, they figured she was within 2.5 miles of the ping. They had searched the area over and over and had seen the containers but no one had looked inside. Then the uncle decided to just look in before leaving and found the car.

by Anonymousreply 407August 21, 2020 5:49 PM

Sorry for spreading bad info and thanks for the correction. If it wasn't the uncle's property, then I'm starting to lean towards foul play. This is a woman we're talking about; women rarely go freely into unfamiliar enclosed spaces. Every instinct, because of the way they are raised, would be screaming, "NO!" I'm not saying she wasn't suicidal; perhaps she was. But... This would be a very strange way for a woman to actually do the deed, even if she was having mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 408August 21, 2020 6:46 PM

I can't imagine anyone coming across a shipping container and immediately thinking "suicide method."

by Anonymousreply 409August 21, 2020 7:42 PM

Yes, I think there is more to come. I'm sorry if this was resolved earlier, but where did LE conclude that the husband was in all this?

by Anonymousreply 410August 21, 2020 7:48 PM

On Websleuths there was some mention of her believing drones were following her (she apparently mentioned this to her family over the phone). I’ve yet to see this mentioned in an article though, has anyone else heard that? If it’s true, I suppose accidental suicide would be more believable. If not, I’m still not embracing the suicide theory fully.

by Anonymousreply 411August 22, 2020 12:37 AM

I’m only having trouble with her being able to maneuver an SUV into a shipping container backwards in the dark, without making a scratch on it. That takes some skill and practice, like on the level of stunt driver.

Also that she’d leave her children like that, and Catholics are vehemently against suicide.

by Anonymousreply 412August 22, 2020 1:12 AM

R388 The doors to the shipping container were left open. Her car was inside and the doors were open.

by Anonymousreply 413August 22, 2020 1:46 AM

It is a possibility that Marliane converted to Catholicism in order to get the teaching job she wanted at the Catholic school. She may have felt like it would enable her to get a job and rise in the ranks at a Catholic school.

It's also possible that was extra anxious and depressed, especially being home w/ 3 kids and her husband during Covid19 lockdown and felt like the God she knew from her Southern Baptist upbringing wasn't providing the help she sought.

Maybe she thought she'd give Catholicism a try.

by Anonymousreply 414August 22, 2020 1:52 AM

R380 Both families used the reason of Marliane's roadtrip as a visit to assist her sister in the birth of the new baby as way of not admitting publicly that Marilane really was suffering from anxiety and insomnia and needed mental health treatment. Marilane was trying to get to the hospital where she had worked and trusted the doctors there to treat her mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 415August 22, 2020 1:58 AM

R404 I think it's Standard Operating Procedure to conduct an autopsy on a woman who has died under mysterious circumstances.

How do we know that Marilane intentionally committed suicide? Maybe in her heightened state of anxiety and exhaustion, she took a sedative and accidentally overdosed.

She did not Google "Death by hipping Container." Good grief! She saw the shipping containers and turned off the hwy. We don't know if she thought they provided a safe place to sleep for a while or whether she thought it would be a good place to end it all.

by Anonymousreply 416August 22, 2020 2:31 AM

typo corrected: Shipping Container

by Anonymousreply 417August 22, 2020 2:32 AM

I hadn't read that she backed into the shipping container. But if she did, then it sounds like she wanted to feel protected but not claustrophobic. She would be able to see the outside land and maybe sky if she were facing out. Plus, she'd be able to see anyone approaching her SUV.

by Anonymousreply 418August 22, 2020 2:36 AM

I'm also having trouble imaging someone using a container in a stranger's field for a suicide.

First, most containers out in fields are used for storage, they're too full of stuff to fit a SUV in as well. Second, their owners open them up to get stuff out or put more in, and if she didn't know the owner she had no way of knowing whether the owner would be opening up the container and calling the police in a few hours. Third, in order to check on whether the container was empty enough to hide in, she'd have to trespass and risk coming across a bull or an irate farmer with a shotgun if she went on foot, or putting her car into a ditch or a mud sink in a field she didn't know if she drove, in order to see whether the container was empty, unlocked, and at ground level, and would suit her purposes. And then, she'd have to get her car into the container and hope the owner of the container couldn't see her headlights from the house, which may be harder than you think because all the containers in fields I know are elevated a bit to keep them from flooding.

So really, I just don't think anyone who's desperate or in a hurry or paranoid would go into a stranger's field, in the hopes that the containers were empty, accessible, and unlocked, and could be used to hide a car and its driver. Maybe she knew the field and container somehow, maybe someone else knew the field and containers and put her there.

by Anonymousreply 419August 22, 2020 4:43 AM

The only two reasons I can think of that she would enter the container voluntarily are:

1. She was indeed paranoid that she was being followed and wanted to hide.

2. It's easier to kill yourself using the exaust gas suffocation method in an enclosed space (would explain also why she made the effort to shut the heavy door and why the police say there's no suspicion of foul play - suffocation is pretty obvious.)

Or both.

by Anonymousreply 420August 22, 2020 5:25 AM

The initial coroner's report said that Marilane died of carbon monoxide poisoning. There was evidence that the car had been running while parked inside the shipping container.

The pastor husband had bought her a plane ticket (or offered to buy it) but she decided to drive.

by Anonymousreply 421August 25, 2020 12:48 PM

Has Web Sleuths ever solved a case?

NO!

by Anonymousreply 422August 25, 2020 3:52 PM

Whatever Web Sleuths thinks is happening, you can guarantee that reality is the exact opposite of whatever they think

by Anonymousreply 423August 25, 2020 3:53 PM

What was the last crime we solved here?

by Anonymousreply 424August 25, 2020 4:05 PM

R424 Naya Rivera. Girlfriend accidentally drowned and was at the bottom of that lake. Meanwhile Web Sleuths probably hypothesized any number of elaborate scenarios involving stalkers and sex slavery

by Anonymousreply 425August 25, 2020 4:16 PM

Did we solve the Laci Petersen murder before her hot husband was arrested?

by Anonymousreply 426August 25, 2020 4:24 PM

WebSleuths is great for entertainment. There are a number of posters there with very limited critical thinking skills and a lot of imagination and they get so far off track into random impossible hypotheticals that make no sense at all that it can be quite fascinating. There are typically only 2 or at times 3 plausible scenarios in most cases and the tangents they go on are good for a laugh. They also get fixated on irrelevant details and often their sleuthing means they spend dozens of pages on some minute detail that isn't even connected! Occasionally you get an insider who knows the involved people and usually the sleuthers disagree with what the insiders tell them.

by Anonymousreply 427August 25, 2020 5:04 PM

Do WebSleuths intersect with QAnon weirdos?

by Anonymousreply 428August 25, 2020 5:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!