Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Port Charles in the Time of Corona, Pt. 2

So now we've got Cyrus swinging his dick all over town, flashing that reptilian smirk and flaunting his ill-gotten impunity. Seems he's trying to worm his way into the inner workings of the GH power structure. What fresh hell is that about? If I had to guess I'd say he wants to use the hallowed halls of our fair hospital as a front for money laundering and to funnel his black market drugs through.

Buckle up, kids, we're in for a bumpy ride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232September 3, 2020 1:12 AM

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2020 4:57 AM

Thank you OP for making Cyrus the mascot of this thread, I just love this actor, he is so very good.

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2020 5:07 AM

I am really looking forward to next week's GH. We have Ava's party coming up.

I really hope next week brings less Michael/Willow/Nelle bullshit and less Cyrus. Sadly I think we will still get too much Sonny garbage. FV said Mike's story wraps up in the next 2 months so I need it to hurry up.

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2020 10:09 AM

I cannot believe Mike is still alive. Of course he’ll have a week long funeral with some long eulogy from Sonny so Mo can get another Emmy reel which is really what this is all about. They don’t need to drag out the end stages of this disease.

Also, this POA plot point is beyond stupid. Portia and Finn automatically assuming Sam had to sign papers was dumb. Where is Monica in this?

by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2020 12:30 PM

Monica's busy babysitting all the invisible children, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2020 5:01 PM

The other thread is officially locked.

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2020 11:05 PM

Maxie’s hair looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2020 11:11 PM

Maxie looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2020 11:41 PM

Maxanista

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2020 11:44 PM

It's a reverse skunk-do.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2020 12:08 AM

R4 I have to say GH is doing a much better job with Mike's story, than Y&R is doing with Dina's Alzheimer's story. With Mike, you actually feel like you are following his decline and how it affects his family. Y&R just has Dina show up now and then, acting loopy but looking like a healthy older woman.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2020 12:14 AM

Max Gail gave the character a very charming, lovable quality that made you really feel for him and everything that was happening to him. Ron Hale was perfectly fine during that period of Mike's life, but he definitely gave him more of the edgy, scoundrel persona when he played him.

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2020 12:36 AM

I kind of hate to say it, but after watching Netflix's City of Fear about the mafia in New York. If they ever make a Rudy Giuliani movie. Mo would actually be a good choice to play him at some point of his life.

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2020 1:28 AM

WdV appears to have enjoyed quarantine.

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2020 6:35 PM

I would have preferred that the Alzheimer's story be a legacy character from a legacy family, someone like Audrey. Apparently, Rachel Ames has Alzheimer's, and has for some time (as did Susan Brown) which was why she was heard speaking over the action in her last cameo appearance while writing a letter and not saying a word outside the narration she provided. While Peter Hansen and Anna Lee had major physical issues during their last days, they still had their faculties. I wouldn't want Rachel to be exploited, however, but a little mention of Audrey now and then would be nice. They honored Lee and Gail when Peter and Susan passed on, so I hope that with Audrey, we get at least Tom to visit and maybe Simone and Tom Jr.

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2020 6:54 PM

I am Audrey now and I do not have Alzheimer’s.

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2020 6:58 PM

Claire had started to write in Audrey's alzheimer's 0h, steve what was the name of that movie we saw last night?

then, John died in real life so the tale was scrapped.

I'm amazed ABC would have signed off on that; had someone taken over the writing of RYan's Hope and written in Alzheimer's for Maeve; breast cancer for Shivaugh...Sohbian.....okay, Delia. and HIV for Ryan? Claire would have stormed ABC with a machete, rightfully so.

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2020 7:10 PM

With the long time legacy characters, the show now seems to be waiting until the real life actor passes before killing off the character on the show. It seems be a much better gesture than doing another Rick Weber storyline

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2020 7:16 PM

they ruined Rick and destroyed his and Lesley's love story and ruined a chance/opportunity to bring back Judith Chapman and Rick Webber Jr.

Denise and Chris are still alive; they could fix it in three days with them;

It. Was. All. Helena.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2020 8:14 PM

I adored Rachel as Audrey but I think they should've recast after she retired.

I'm blanking on the actresses name but she played Marian on AMC. GH brought her on for an arc as Nathan's book publisher. She would've made a great new Audrey. She wouldn't have to be on contract but she could be used like Lucy & Bobbie are.

Another dumb decision was hiring JdP to play skeevy Dr. Bench. He would've made a fabulous Jeff Webber. The show needs more doctors & they need to tap into the show's history. If he wasn't playing a predatory character he could have wooed Alexis, Ava,, Lucy, etc..

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2020 8:32 PM

[quote]I adored Rachel as Audrey but I think they should've recast after she retired.

While I miss the character of Audrey and think the show needs the presence of an older matriarch figure like Audrey, the idea of a recast could backfire.

Remember when AMC recast the role of Ruth Martin in 1996. Mary Fickett had been ill and decided to retire, so they brought in Lee Meriwether. Well, Lee is a good actress who I always enjoyed (especially her Catwoman), but she was not Ruth. The audience never really warmed to her.

In 2000, they got Mary to come back for a couple of episodes, but she was not able to continue doing that (not sure if she was too ill or just too determined to be retired). So, for the next decade, show had Lee Meriwether show up periodically as Ruth for various Martin family events and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2020 10:56 PM

Your wishes have been granted! I will be nuAudrey! Head Nurse of General Hospital!

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2020 11:43 PM

If I'd been running the show I would have given Denise Alexander whatever she wanted to come in and play scenes like these.

As Lesley, she hits this out of the park with Nikolas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2020 12:48 AM

R21 Exactly, there comes a point where a recast just doesn't work. GH is missing an older matriarch(or patriarch) but they could create one or go back into the history books to find one. There is no reason to recast a character that was played by the same actress for fifty years. GL was smart when they realized they needed a Bauer matriarch, after Bert's death, so they went back and resurrected Meta and got a big name to play her.

Unlike Y&R and DAYS, who have many older actors(Y&R has a 79-year-old as a front burning character, and an 81-year-old in a supporting role, while DAYS has at least four present characters played by people in their 70s, plus one in their 80s and another in his 90s), Monica(75) and Robert(74) are the two oldest actors, GH still has on canvas, and neither are written in a matriarchal or patriarchal manner.

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2020 1:09 AM

Monica is great as head of the Quartermain family and the hospital, and she does have people coming to her in advice, but her past would prevent every GH fan from accepting her in a full matriarchal capacity outside of the Q's and the hospital. Ruby had all the young people coming to her for advice, and Lila became friends with every young heroine. I am a huge Monica fan and see why she might be an iffy choice. But I'd love to see a scene with her and Lesley where Lesley tells her how impressed she is with how Monica has grown over the years. She may still have that tongue of acid, but deep down, Monica is equally as compassionate as Lesley with people she truly cares about, including those outside her family. It seems even Quartermain family enemies admire her.

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2020 1:16 AM

and how many times have we seen back from the dead?

Denise was amazing in this scene where Lesley is reunited with a presumed dead Laura.

The writing was good; in the months leading up to this, Lesley dealt with her grief over losing Laura by developing a gambling addiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2020 1:20 AM

Were all the men on GH highlighting their hair before? Michael, Julian, Valentin, and Franco all seem to have darker hair post-quarantine. Do none of them know about Sun In.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 1:20 AM

A show matriarch doesn't need to be in their 70s or 80s, It's just an older person that characters come to for wisdom and advice.

The show has been writing Laura as the town matriarch since her last return. She has the family connections for that. They don't need to bring back a long forgotten character to fill that role.

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2020 1:23 AM

WdV's hair had lots of gray in it now. Nancy Lee Grahn said the actors were having to do their own hair & makeup since returning and most were failing IMO. Emme looked amazing but 85% of the rest looked unkempt & washed out.

The women may be able to do their makeup in their day to day lives but that's different than doing it for TV. They looked washed out.

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2020 1:24 AM

R28 To me a matriarch needs to be less vital than Laura. She is still too much involved in major stories. A matriarch needs to be a more settled character who acts as little more than a talk-to and, yes, older. Now if they brought her mother back, she would be perfect as matriarch.

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2020 1:29 AM

For people who have had their hair and makeup professionally done for most of their working years, you'd think that they would have learned a few more techniques to look better on camera

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2020 1:30 AM

"Port Charles" started off on a great path with Lee and Gail as the show's tent pole patriarch and matriarch, but they became obsessed with time travel and vampires. At least they had Anne Jeffreys as Amanda on in a recurring capacity as Alison's grandmother, but she was closer to Phoebe Tyler and Liz Matthews to be like Lila. She was funny though when Amanda briefly became a vampire. Anne looked like she was having a blast with the fake teeth covering her 75 year old choppers.

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2020 1:34 AM

I'm going to address the elephant in the room:

Lindsay needs to have a burger...and fries....and a shake.

That said, she's a good soap actress and if the ASMR Artist known as KeMo comes back they need to find a role for Lindsay. She could pull off long lost Cassadine or Corinthos or even a Brenda recast.

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 1:39 AM

I thought William DeVry looked the hottest he's ever looked today. I think I like the more unkempt look on him.

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 1:57 AM

My makeup is simply exquisite!

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2020 2:06 AM

It’s hilarious to see the rabid KeMo stans attacking LH for being “too emotional” in the role and saying she’s “too old.”

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 2:06 AM

The cardboard cutouts they are using in the stands at baseball games are more "emotional" than KeMo.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2020 2:07 AM

According to Lynda Hirsch Kelly has had a hip replacement & spinal surgery. She also returned to the set 15lbs heavier

Hmmm........

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2020 10:25 AM

I agree Laura should be regarded as the show’s “matriarch”. She could still have strong storylines like Viki on OLTL. Honestly, I think the problem is her long blonde locks. I wish they would give her a slightly more mature hairstyle to age her up from almost all the other women on the show with long blonde locks.

On another note, I like Michaels longer hair but not Julian’s. It’s too puffy on the sides.

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2020 11:50 AM

[quote]Michael, Julian, Valentin, and Franco all seem to have darker hair post-quarantine. Do none of them know about Sun In.

Will DeVry, James Patrick Stuart and Roger Howarth are all old enough they have to cover up the gray in their hair. Possibly the pandemic forced them to dye it themselves and they chose the wrong color. Better to go two shades lighter with hair dye but they might not know that if they've previously been getting it professionally done.

Meanwhile, Maura West needs to get her roots done pronto!

And Kirsten Storms! Yikes! At least the show didn't dress her in that Muumuu that Maxie wore a few months ago. That combination would have landed her is Us Magazine's scariest celebrity looks photo section. As is, maybe the show could find a wig for her. Maybe one of Monica's old wigs from her cancer storyline.

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2020 12:00 PM

R38 I think details got mixed up in that article. Kelly had that hip surgery awhile ago, and her weight gain has been obvious for some time.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote]I thought William DeVry looked the hottest he's ever looked today. I think I like the more unkempt look on him.

Yes! He looked better in Monday's episode than ever!

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2020 3:34 PM

I’m surprised how much I don’t hate this ELQ takeover story.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2020 9:48 PM

how many times will Lucy be the deciding vote? Didn't she already do that with Nikolas?

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2020 10:56 PM

I don’t know about Maya but Skye giving up her and Lila Rae’s voting proxies doesn’t make sense to me. I also don’t understand Liz giving Jake’s to Michael of all people.

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2020 10:59 PM

Who are Maya and Lila Rae?

by Anonymousreply 46August 12, 2020 1:43 AM

R45 I wonder if Skye inherited any part of Chandler? Her selling the shares doesn't make sense. I wish they could have gotten Robin Christopher to return, they could have created a story where she used the power of Chandler Industries to take over ELQ.

R46 Lila Rae is Skye's daughter. Maya is Edward's great-granddaughter through his illegitimate son Bradley Ward.

by Anonymousreply 47August 12, 2020 1:48 AM

This show still sucks.

The Q mansion looks like HGTV's version of a funeral home. And between Olivia's Botox, Ned and Valentin's pancake makeup, and Michael's ill-fitting suit, it might as well be a funeral.

by Anonymousreply 48August 12, 2020 11:03 AM

Duelly looks like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 49August 12, 2020 12:26 PM

I think Duelly looks pretty hot with the longer hair. Hartley's ex playing same is.....yikes.

by Anonymousreply 50August 12, 2020 12:35 PM

^^Sam^^

by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2020 12:35 PM

I don’t mind her as Sam. The character is still pointless but I’d take her any day over Drowsy. She is way too thin though.

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2020 1:03 PM

I have never gotten Duelly. Michael looks confused and constipated in every scene; the fact that he forgive Sonny for killing his father did him no favors.

Can't believe he won an Emmy over Kristoff.

by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2020 5:06 PM

R53 Michael forgave Sonny because Mo behind the scenes made a big stink about it and told them to put an end it. So they did and Michael was back to bootlicking Sonny because it's what Mo wanted.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2020 8:08 PM

It was out-of-character for Michael to forgive AJ in the first place. Michael would have been more likely to try to kill AJ himself, but screw it up.

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2020 9:07 PM

I see Marcus Coloma did not spend any of his down time taking acting lessons. He still can't play subtext, still blank behind the eyes.

Show needs to cut its losses and bring Cody Ryan McLaughlin in a NuNuNikolas.

by Anonymousreply 56August 13, 2020 12:32 AM

I know he's not a favorite with everyone here on DL, but James Patrick Stuart as Valentin is looking hotter than ever. He's super sexy when he's playing devious and conniving.

by Anonymousreply 57August 13, 2020 12:34 AM

Agree NuNik is blank behind the eyes and just recites lines. Maybe he has thietans that needs to be expelled and is overdue for his audit.

by Anonymousreply 58August 13, 2020 1:55 AM

I'm tired of them drawing out this Mike storyline. It feels almost exploitative now. And it's all to placate Mo.

by Anonymousreply 59August 13, 2020 2:38 AM

There were like 50 scenes of Stella advising Sonny. Didn't she tell him to get Mike's end of life wishes before he was incapable of deciding?

by Anonymousreply 60August 13, 2020 2:46 AM

NuSam = Skeletor

NuBrook Lyn = Grandpa Munster

Tell me I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 61August 13, 2020 3:47 AM

You're not R61 at least about NuSam. I really don't like negatively commenting on people's looks, but health, health, health, darling! JESUS

by Anonymousreply 62August 13, 2020 10:36 AM

Maybe Lindsay and Chrishelle can split a sandwich since Justin has moved on to his third pretty, brunette soap actress.

by Anonymousreply 63August 13, 2020 1:25 PM

This Mike story supposedly has a few months left.

by Anonymousreply 64August 13, 2020 1:53 PM

FV said the Mike story wraps up in 2 months.

by Anonymousreply 65August 13, 2020 2:18 PM

Still too long. They could’ve wrapped it this week.

by Anonymousreply 66August 13, 2020 2:45 PM

Does FV partake in the peen?

by Anonymousreply 67August 13, 2020 3:36 PM

Then Cyrus will be in PC for at least a few more months. They won't get rid of him until he gets Sonny's full attention. Once that happens, he won't be on the show much longer

by Anonymousreply 68August 13, 2020 3:59 PM

You are right r68, Mo won't be able to handle the acting competition or any competition from Cyrus/JK once they are both center stage.

by Anonymousreply 69August 13, 2020 4:06 PM

Emme looks good, I have to say.

by Anonymousreply 70August 13, 2020 8:27 PM

I love for Cyrus to take over the whole town. Jeff Kober looks like he's having a blast playing Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 71August 14, 2020 2:35 AM

R71 I'd like it more if he was better looking.

by Anonymousreply 72August 14, 2020 2:39 AM

I'd like to see Sonny in a fresh romance 😍 and see he and Jason save the day! 🦸‍♂️🦹‍♂️

Love Maxie's curves, glad to see a REAL woman on screen 🔥

Hope we see Joss being the tough fiery young heroine like her mama raised her to be 💪

by Anonymousreply 73August 14, 2020 2:42 AM

Every time I see Jason's new hairdo I have the irresistible urge to go "Heil!"

by Anonymousreply 74August 14, 2020 5:28 AM

He looks god awful

by Anonymousreply 75August 14, 2020 2:39 PM

Burton and Hartley look like a couple of Kenny Rogers' Roasters.

by Anonymousreply 76August 14, 2020 4:23 PM

More like something from the Saturday Night Creature Feature.

by Anonymousreply 77August 14, 2020 4:57 PM

I'm hoping for a Spencer soras/recast, NB just doesn't fit the role anymore.

by Anonymousreply 78August 14, 2020 6:54 PM

Hmm, what's with the sudden reappearance of Liz's friend Dr. Terry? Does this mean some kid is going to get cancer? Oh, let me guess, it's going to be Wiley. They're going to need a donor for something, and somehow, miraculously, Willow is a match! This leads to her DNA being compared side by side with Nelle's (who can't donate because of her kidney situation) and that's how the truth of them being sisters is discovered. Throw Nina into the mix, as well, if the heart necklace isn't found out by then.

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2020 10:30 PM

How can GH get away with this non social distancing stuff? I’m irritated. I can’t go see my gramma but Laura Wright can have her hands all over Mo? Irritates the fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2020 10:34 PM

R80 - I'm guessing they probably have rapid testing on site and must get the all clear before working closely.

by Anonymousreply 81August 14, 2020 11:34 PM

R79 I honestly think it was just filler to get Liz having someone to talk to today. She has no friends.

R80 Someone said they are following guidelines but it’s so strange to watch when other soaps are clearly distancing. Everyone is touching each other, they had a party scene and then the NB coming up. I just hope an outbreak doesn’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 82August 15, 2020 4:25 AM

They first mentioned the upcoming Nurses Ball and I thought it was an pre-lockdown scene that they didn't correct, but it's been clearly mentioned many times in new scenes.

I can't see how they could possibly shoot a Nurses Ball anything close to the past ones. Are they just going to have scenes after it should have taken place where they just talk about how great it was but we never get to see it?

by Anonymousreply 83August 15, 2020 4:35 AM

Maybe we'll get a surprise earthquake/tornado/pandemic that forces the whole thing to be cancelled...

by Anonymousreply 84August 15, 2020 5:06 AM

What is wrong with Lindsay Hartley's skin? When she's on screen, it's all I can look at

by Anonymousreply 85August 15, 2020 5:25 AM

R83

Lynn said this year's NB is a smaller "baby Nurse's Ball'.

by Anonymousreply 86August 15, 2020 12:48 PM

Can I just say how amazing Lynn Herring looks? She's 61 years old, almost 62 and her body is still as banging as better. I'm floored. Must have a portrait of herself rotting in an attic.

by Anonymousreply 87August 15, 2020 4:38 PM

R87

Lynn probably has the best body on the show. Her upper arms are amazing.

KSt needs to take a leave of absence and check into a fat farm. Oy vey! Look at ER & BH. They've had 3 kids and their figures are always on point. KSt has had 1 kid and looks like a fat slob you'd see at Wal Mart. Hell, MW has had 5 kids, is a decade plus older and has a better physique.

by Anonymousreply 88August 15, 2020 6:22 PM

I believe Lynn lives on a horse ranch, great way to stay in shape.

My guess is TPTB's hands are tied with KSt, if her weight is medication or illness related they have to tread lightly legally.

by Anonymousreply 89August 15, 2020 6:39 PM

Her weight gain is directly related to methadone. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 90August 15, 2020 6:45 PM

If you are taking a med that causes weight gain you need to cut calories & increase workouts.

by Anonymousreply 91August 15, 2020 8:03 PM

KSt looks terrible but I'm getting the meds are causing her to gain weight. Listen, she may be chubby now but at least she looks healthier than she did a few years ago when she was painfully emaciated.

by Anonymousreply 92August 15, 2020 9:13 PM

It’s not even just her weight though - it’s her skin, it’s her hair.

I remember these days though:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 16, 2020 1:26 AM

I'm living with my parents during the pandemic, and occasionally I can hear my mom watching GH in the afternoon. During my soap watching days I always preferred the lineup on CBS, so it's always been a show I know next to nothing about. However, this past week I thought I recognized an actress's voice, and when I got up from my computer I was shocked: it was Cynthia Watros!

Like a lot of gay men I love a good villain, and GL's Annie Dutton (played by Watros) is one of my all time favorites. Do GH fans enjoy the character she's playing on the show? At one time she was having a successful run on primetime TV, so I was surprised she came back to daytime. She looked great though..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 16, 2020 2:58 AM

Watros ruined her primetime career with booze. She got the dui while on Lost.

by Anonymousreply 95August 16, 2020 7:42 AM

Storms should have won the Daytime Emmy for Younger Actress for this clip; Maxie RIPS into her mother Felicia at Georgie's funeral.

It was a good use of the actress (Wagner) not being around for a few years; interesting, is some of the actors in the pews are more present than others. Jane Elliot does an amazing job.

I can't decide on Wagner; she blubbers a lot and just takes it when Maxie rips into her. Maybe that was her choice. Felicia was pretty absent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 16, 2020 7:59 AM

GH was sooo good back then R96. I remember how effective she was. Maxie went from prissy queen to an emotional wreck of an adult in 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 97August 16, 2020 9:20 AM

R90

Why would she still be on Methadone after all this time? Current standard practice is to start tapering off after 2 years. Some even start after 1 year but that's not standard.

by Anonymousreply 98August 16, 2020 11:39 AM

Was KSt on heroin and that's why she's on methadone? Methadone is used to taper off heroin or an opioid.

by Anonymousreply 99August 16, 2020 12:35 PM

I like Watros as Nina. She had a rough beginning but I think she has finally eased into the role.

by Anonymousreply 100August 16, 2020 12:36 PM

I still don’t care about Nina but the character became much more tolerable with CW in the role.

by Anonymousreply 101August 16, 2020 4:08 PM

Didn’t she lose custody of her kid?

by Anonymousreply 102August 16, 2020 4:11 PM

R96 This is the only decent work she’s ever done on this show. Wasn’t this a result of them not giving KW a contract and then playing Felicia as a neglectful parent?

by Anonymousreply 103August 16, 2020 4:19 PM

R102

Brandon has custody but KSt now has visitation.

by Anonymousreply 104August 16, 2020 6:38 PM

Kristen and Brandon broke up?

by Anonymousreply 105August 16, 2020 8:02 PM

They divorced years ago.

by Anonymousreply 106August 16, 2020 8:31 PM

R109

Where have you been?

by Anonymousreply 107August 16, 2020 8:54 PM

So KSt's problems were drugs? I thought it was depression and an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 108August 16, 2020 9:28 PM

Yes R108. An ALLEDGED Horrible addiction that has been ongoing for years. We're talking the kind of ALLEDGED addiction that takes a person to dark, dark places. She is damned lucky GH has not found a way to get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 109August 16, 2020 9:34 PM

Alan Sarapa, the HOTTIE from twitter knows all about KSt. There isn’t anything in daytime that Alan Sarapa doesn’t know about.

by Anonymousreply 110August 16, 2020 9:49 PM

I liked the actor who played Finn and Chase's father for all of five minutes, I hope they bring him back what with all the talk about the character.

Who will be cast as Chase's mother...Kristian Alfonso? We know FV has a tendency to scoop up soapless soap stars. She's in Easton's age group and would fit with the idea floated that she and Finn were involved.

by Anonymousreply 111August 16, 2020 10:08 PM

R108 I’m sure she had depression and an eating disorder but she clearly had a drug problem as well. She used to party with KM. Allegedly they got caught with something in a dressing room. She’s treated with kid gloves though. She entered treatment so they can’t do much.

by Anonymousreply 112August 16, 2020 10:10 PM

Who knows what demons might have stirred up in her during 4 months of pandemic lockdown .

by Anonymousreply 113August 16, 2020 10:42 PM

We know there are stories of bad things happening to child stars, which results to adult substance abuse. I wonder if Disney/ABC might treat KS with such kid gloves because of something that happened back in her Disney Channel days. If so, they might want to keep her happy and working.

by Anonymousreply 114August 16, 2020 11:38 PM

Is Frank V a homosexualist?

by Anonymousreply 115August 16, 2020 11:48 PM

No , R115, Frankie V. is a noted pussy hound. :(

by Anonymousreply 116August 17, 2020 12:07 AM

r116

yes man-pussy

by Anonymousreply 117August 17, 2020 12:50 AM

Huge pussy hound.

The landscape is littered with Frank V's babies.

by Anonymousreply 118August 17, 2020 12:51 AM

Love the idea of bringing in KA as Chase's mother. Would they really dare go with Finn being Chase's birth father?

by Anonymousreply 119August 17, 2020 1:35 AM

It certainly ticks all the boxes for good soapy drama, R119.

The other possibility I thought of for KA is to play Dr. Byrne's ex-wife, who they've made references to as causing some trouble. At this point, he seems rather moot, though.

by Anonymousreply 120August 17, 2020 1:47 AM

They don’t seem really interested in Neil and Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 121August 17, 2020 3:08 AM

Remember when pussy hound Frank was on Oprah Winfrey? Elaine Princi tried to set him up with Laura Bonnarigo. Frank was so gay even back then. He was like.......pussy...ewwww ewwww ewwww.

by Anonymousreply 122August 17, 2020 4:01 AM

R120

GH is bursting at the seems. They don't need any new people until they get rid of Mike, Brando, Harmony, Peter, Sasha, Willow, Nelle, & Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 123August 17, 2020 12:40 PM

R121

The actor playing Neil stays booked elsewhere and NLG is in her 60s. She should be easing into the Mac,/Felicia/Bobbie role.

by Anonymousreply 124August 17, 2020 12:42 PM

How many contract characters does GH have?

by Anonymousreply 125August 17, 2020 12:48 PM

So they’re saying that GH is breaking the social distancing rules because they give the fast rapid covid testing. Really??? This is a soap opera. Why should anyone on a soap opera get tests that even real life nurses can’t get? WTF!

by Anonymousreply 126August 17, 2020 12:58 PM

Looks like the NB is going to be telethon style?

by Anonymousreply 127August 17, 2020 2:03 PM

R126

They are not breaking the guidelines agreed on between the unions & CDC.. The guidelines say that actors can be close as long as the scenes are filmed quickly & masks are immediately put on after the scene.

Soaps only get 1 take so the scenes are done quickly.

by Anonymousreply 128August 17, 2020 2:30 PM

I keep thinking posters are referring to Kristen Alderson when I see KA.

I'd kind of like Kris Alderson to come back, both for the slight trainwreck factor, and because it would piss off Duelly. I'd love it if it turned into some kind of social media passive aggressive mess.

by Anonymousreply 129August 17, 2020 9:36 PM

What's the problem between Chad and KA? Did he stretch her out too much?

by Anonymousreply 130August 17, 2020 9:38 PM

I realize that social distancing is in effect but that scene between Nik and Ava was devoid of any chemistry. MW deserves so much better in a scene partner.

by Anonymousreply 131August 17, 2020 9:39 PM

GH was total garbage today.

(Monday spoiler below, as if it's worth a shit)

Within 2 episodes, Nik discusses being in cahoots with Spencer, discloses it to ShruLu, she comments on it in Ava's house, Ava overhears AND confronts Nik.

Is Liz going through the change? 'Cause she was a cunt today. And that painting...

These writers suck.

by Anonymousreply 132August 17, 2020 10:37 PM

It's time for them to bring back Bob Guza.

by Anonymousreply 133August 17, 2020 10:41 PM

ShruLu, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 134August 17, 2020 10:57 PM

Was Frank invited to Ron Carlivati's wedding?

by Anonymousreply 135August 17, 2020 11:14 PM

R132

The writers have thrown everything we've seen go on with Franco/Liz for 4 years and done a 180' turn to prop Nik/Ava. It makes zero sense. Nothing Liz & Franco say or do bears any semblance of who they are.

I hope they put this all together & realize Nik/Ava have been manipulating them without giving a shit about their only friends in the world.

by Anonymousreply 136August 17, 2020 11:19 PM

Liz = Nurse Jessie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 17, 2020 11:46 PM

Audrey March Baldwin Hardy made me moist.

by Anonymousreply 138August 17, 2020 11:50 PM

R137 Remember she has played her before

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 17, 2020 11:56 PM

R132 How is she the cunt in this story? Franco is fine with cashing in on his past that he’s spent how many years whining for people to forget. He clearly cares more about Ava than his own wife. 99% of Becky Herbst’s lines since Friz started have been “Franco has changed! He’s different! He’s not who he was!” It’s old. And this story is horrible. Just let Liz be single at this point.

by Anonymousreply 140August 18, 2020 12:42 AM

R140

The writing for this story is BS. We saw Franco try to literally destroy his past art because he was ashamed of it and his past. We have seen him totally turn his life around & willingly offer his life for her son. He is totally devoted to her & those boys.

This story has Franco & Liz twisted to try and sell Nik & Ava. Franco would never embrace his past or be dismissive of Liz. Liz would never throw the death of a child in another mother's face & she would never be so callous toward her husband.

Not to mention, Liz & Franco are way too smart to fall for the garbage Nik & Ava are pulling.

by Anonymousreply 141August 18, 2020 1:27 AM

Lulu has been looking good since they restarted, and they were doing their own hair and makeup, but her "party" hair was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 142August 18, 2020 1:29 AM

I’m surprised that Dominic Z is returning. I really thought he had a shot at some bigger stuff.

by Anonymousreply 143August 18, 2020 1:31 AM

R141 I’m convinced this is all to keep RoHo interested. That Drew story flopped last summer. He’s bored again and they’re trying to keep him happy.

by Anonymousreply 144August 18, 2020 1:40 AM

Then it's not working because he still looks bored. I don't think ROHO wants anything special to do or requests. I think he's lazy and just wants to show up as little as he has to and still get the big bucks. This is an "actor" who hasn't actually done any real acting since 1998 and still makes millions.

by Anonymousreply 145August 18, 2020 1:49 AM

R144

The Drewco story was not to keep RoHo interested. That story was supposed to be played by Billy Miller but he flat out refused. He did not want to play opposite RB. He was being a pill per usual so the story was reworked a bit for RoHo to play it. RoHo and TB were not happy about that story on any level.

Miller once again being a demanding non team player lead TPTB to not even negotiate with him & he was written out.

by Anonymousreply 146August 18, 2020 3:28 AM

R146 Whose memories were Drew supposed to get? No matter the lead, the story was so incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 147August 18, 2020 3:44 AM

BM didn't want to play opposite Rebecca Budig? What was the problem with there?

by Anonymousreply 148August 18, 2020 3:53 AM

R148

Typo. That should've read TB.

by Anonymousreply 149August 18, 2020 11:23 AM

Hmm. I didn’t catch the previews yesterday but I know Twitter was saying KM is back looking... refreshed. Oof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 18, 2020 1:21 PM

She looks fine to me

by Anonymousreply 151August 18, 2020 1:33 PM

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 152August 18, 2020 1:36 PM

That moron Vee from SON boards is clueless. He’s so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 153August 18, 2020 2:58 PM

Someone call Wayland Flowers and let him know Madame has turned up at R150 .

by Anonymousreply 154August 18, 2020 3:50 PM

Good god, this kind of shit should be prohibited by contract. Is it too much to ask to not be frightened by gruesome surgical disasters when we tune in?

by Anonymousreply 155August 18, 2020 5:19 PM

Monaco definitely did something to her face.

by Anonymousreply 156August 18, 2020 10:03 PM

Oh crap! Is Mumbles back?

by Anonymousreply 157August 18, 2020 10:07 PM

Any chance WR is leaving? I really would like him to leave and then KSt take some time off again and come back a true fashionista.

Also, why does LW dress so matronly?

by Anonymousreply 158August 18, 2020 10:12 PM

She’s back R157. And with a new face.

by Anonymousreply 159August 18, 2020 10:17 PM

KM didn't look quite as distorted as in the clip posted above, but it appeared she had quite a lot of bruising that was barely covered by concealer, especially on the upper lip. So much for the phoney baloney stories about breathing trouble and all that crap, she obviously had some trouble with a procedure not healing well..

by Anonymousreply 160August 18, 2020 10:21 PM

She was noticeably swollen in her scenes with MB today.

by Anonymousreply 161August 18, 2020 10:33 PM

That's post facelift face. It wasn't as bad as Bob Woods who still had stitches in his face, but she's probably back about week too early.

by Anonymousreply 162August 18, 2020 10:37 PM

It may have been a combo of both.

She came back too soon post procedure and she had trouble wearing a mask due to her facial swelling.

FV probably sent her home hoping a couple weeks would cause the swelling to go down.

She also looked a bit pudgy in the belly.

by Anonymousreply 163August 18, 2020 11:28 PM

When the recast was first announced an anon on DD who claimed to be her friend posted she couldn’t wear the mask because of irritating the scars behind her ears. Her mother is the one who stupidly tweeted about breathing problems.

by Anonymousreply 164August 18, 2020 11:41 PM

So she wants to Lesley and Jackie's plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 165August 18, 2020 11:59 PM

Another Sonny-centric episode coming soon according to SON.

by Anonymousreply 166August 19, 2020 12:22 AM

r166

thank god!

by Anonymousreply 167August 19, 2020 12:42 AM

A What If Mike Had Never Gotten Sick? episode.

by Anonymousreply 168August 19, 2020 12:57 AM

KM had some work done. But, what I want to know is why TPTB seem so focused on Sam and Jason being together, they have NO chemistry anymore. The only person she seems to spark with, at the moment, is Brando.

by Anonymousreply 169August 19, 2020 4:12 AM

The only time in the last decade Kelly Monaco has had any chemistry with her male costar was when they tried pairing her with Michael Easton back in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 170August 19, 2020 4:32 AM

I kinda liked the chem between Brando and Alexis, it was very cute and playful. It could be good for both of them; she needs a little cougar excitement in her life and it might help him loosen up and get the stick out. If it pisses Sam off, so much the better.

by Anonymousreply 171August 19, 2020 4:37 AM

Kelly threatened to make some stuff public around the time Billy left. To shut her up, Frank made some promises to her. Kelly is also the 3rd highest paid on the show after Mo and Steve.

by Anonymousreply 172August 19, 2020 4:44 AM

R172

I don't believe that for 1 minute. FV is not going to kowtow to some 2 bit actress threatening anything. I also don't believe she's #3. That would be Wright.

by Anonymousreply 173August 19, 2020 8:40 AM

Wrong R173. Wright does well, but Kelly is the highest paid woman on that show. She renegotiated after DWTS 15 years ago and has not had any salary cuts like other actors.

by Anonymousreply 174August 19, 2020 12:12 PM

ME is up there too right? Salary wise? For Kelly to be even in the top 5 is a joke. But doesn’t she have a ABC contract? Does FV have any control over that?

by Anonymousreply 175August 19, 2020 1:40 PM

R169 I often feel like TPTB view them as Carson at this point: just keep them together no matter what. They seem to think they’re some great love story and they have to be endgame. There is no chemistry and both look miserable and bored but hey. Keep the rabid fan girls happy.

by Anonymousreply 176August 19, 2020 1:49 PM

It looks like Kelly had cheek implants and lip fillers done but they're still swollen after the procedure. My question is....why? She looked great before and was aging well. I really don't understand these actresses. What are they seeing in the mirror?

by Anonymousreply 177August 19, 2020 2:07 PM

R174

I don't believe for one second that anyone knows who makes more or who has ABC contracts or knows about any salary. Nobody knows that.

Not to mention why would Monaco have her contract with ABC vs GH. She is a nobody just like the rest of the cast. She failed to turn her DWTS win into anything. She's a soap actress just like all the other actors.

All ABC cares about is if FV keeps all the trains running on time & under budget.

by Anonymousreply 178August 19, 2020 2:18 PM

R178 Frons set her up with an ABC contract when he made GH take her on after Port Charles was canceled.

by Anonymousreply 179August 19, 2020 2:51 PM

Frons is also the one who inflicted Michael Easton upon OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 180August 19, 2020 3:11 PM

Believe what you want R178, but Kelly has a sweet deal and does very well. And she makes a lot more than LW based on her how contract works.

by Anonymousreply 181August 19, 2020 3:36 PM

I love that DL gets down to brass tacks, Those fucking fraus at DC seem to be living in a snow globe when it comes to GH.

by Anonymousreply 182August 19, 2020 3:55 PM

KSt pulling double duty today as Maxie AND Amy!

by Anonymousreply 183August 19, 2020 6:20 PM

I'm trying to cut down on my comments about appearances but darn, KSt is making it difficult.

by Anonymousreply 184August 19, 2020 6:23 PM

GF on vacation or ill or what?

by Anonymousreply 185August 19, 2020 6:27 PM

Isn't she in the demographic that should not be on set?

by Anonymousreply 186August 19, 2020 6:46 PM

Yeah! He lives!! Taggart is back!!

by Anonymousreply 187August 19, 2020 7:05 PM

R185

Genie always takes the end of July & most of August off. She spends that time at her home in Maine.

by Anonymousreply 188August 19, 2020 7:08 PM

Was that Jax and his daughter (Jocelyn) dancing together on today's episode

by Anonymousreply 189August 19, 2020 7:10 PM

R180/R181

Sweetie, Frons has been gone for years. Kelly doesn't have anything special regarding her contract. Whatever stock she may have had ended when Frons left and when she was unable to parlay her DWTS visibility into anything. She's just a no name soap actor like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 190August 19, 2020 7:12 PM

R189

Turn in your gay card! That was The One & Only Annie Dutton!

by Anonymousreply 191August 19, 2020 7:13 PM

r188

Thanks, forgot about that.

by Anonymousreply 192August 19, 2020 7:18 PM

R190 clearly has some kind of crazed beef with Kelly Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 193August 19, 2020 7:20 PM

Someone refresh my memory, wasn't Real Andrews all "this is a hoax" or something along those lines at the beginning of the pandemic?

I know about IR and his mask selling so I'm not confusing it with that but I do recall RA making some trumpy comments and his is very close friends with MB who if I'm not mistaken is a trumpster.

by Anonymousreply 194August 19, 2020 7:23 PM

R185 Vacation

by Anonymousreply 195August 19, 2020 7:29 PM

R146, thank God.

by Anonymousreply 196August 19, 2020 7:57 PM

R193

I don't have anything against Kelly. I'm being a realist. Her co called champion left ABC years ago and she was unable to segue her DWTS into anything. She is just another cog in the wheel like everyone else on the show except for the idiocy this show has for pandering to Mo

by Anonymousreply 197August 19, 2020 8:29 PM

Anna Lee had a contract for life!

by Anonymousreply 198August 19, 2020 8:30 PM

R197 That’s fine and all but it doesn’t change the fact that she has an cushy ABC contract and is handled with kid gloves over there.

by Anonymousreply 199August 19, 2020 8:31 PM

ABC7 Chicago PROGRAM NOTE: 'General Hospital' will air overnight

Due to coverage of Gov. JB Pritzker's COVID-19 update, "General Hospital" will air overnight at 12:05 a.m.

ABC News coverage of the Democratic National Convention also airs overnight, and has been running approximately five minutes long, so it is likely "General Hospital" will not start until 12:10 a.m.

by Anonymousreply 200August 19, 2020 8:32 PM

R184

Yes, RA is a loon who says COVID is a hoax. He's also a slime ball who's a part of some semi- MLM scam regarding mental health

by Anonymousreply 201August 19, 2020 8:33 PM

R197

She may have had one in the past but I'd bet a month's salary she doesn't now. It is of zero benefit to the network & the network only does things that benefit them.

by Anonymousreply 202August 19, 2020 8:34 PM

So Kelly Monaco ( who hasn’t cared about her job in YEARS) gets covid tested regularly but real life doctors and nurses on the front line can’t get a test. What the fuck??????? This is so screwed up. GH and the other 3 soaps should be ashamed of themselves for being in production. They are not essential. Look at the ratings since the new wpisodes have aired. Millions have tuned out. Soaps don’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 203August 19, 2020 8:35 PM

[quote]I don't have anything against Kelly. I'm being a realist. Her co called champion left ABC years ago and she was unable to segue her DWTS into anything. She is just another cog in the wheel like everyone else on the show except for the idiocy this show has for pandering to Mo

This isn't something that someone just pulled out of their ass here on DL. This has been discussed for years all over the place about Kelly's contract and salary. No one said she is the top paid on the show, just that she is the highest paid female. Which would not be all that shocking or surprising.

Plus look at how she phones in scenes and how she acted when Billy was there. Hardly someone who is just a cog in the wheel. She gets special treatment.

by Anonymousreply 204August 19, 2020 8:36 PM

R203 The entire cast is getting tested regularly.

by Anonymousreply 205August 19, 2020 8:46 PM

This thread will lock up when the number of posts exceeds 216.

New thread here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 19, 2020 9:30 PM

R205 Why should a soap opera cast get tested when nurses cannot get a test?

by Anonymousreply 207August 19, 2020 10:12 PM

the network is paying for the tests. The rapid tests are very expensive

by Anonymousreply 208August 19, 2020 10:29 PM

R207 I don’t know. Never said it was right... just saying they’re tested every few days.

by Anonymousreply 209August 19, 2020 10:36 PM

Well, Frank looks exhausted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 19, 2020 10:37 PM

R186 Leslie Charleson is 75 and Tristan Rogers is 74, both of them have appeared. Genie is only 58. So, I would assume she is just on her annual vacation.

by Anonymousreply 211August 20, 2020 1:11 AM

DAMN, CW is still sexy as fuck. I could never imagine MS doing the dance from today's episode without looking foolish. Also, it is clear she is a professional and can still work with IR very well.

by Anonymousreply 212August 20, 2020 1:43 AM

How many vacations does Genie need? They haven’t worked since March. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 213August 20, 2020 1:55 AM

R213 I imagine it is built into her contract, many older soap stars have had vacation months written in their contracts for years. It is a cheap way to give them something special without having to give them a raise.

by Anonymousreply 214August 20, 2020 2:15 AM

I don’t want to derail this thread, but I have a question. I’ve gone down the rabbit hole on YouTube watching the Nicholas/Laura/Stefan storyline. It was so incredibly well done.. Who was writing the show then? Who created the Nicholas character? Genie Francis is doing some great work in this story. Tony is doing great work as well and you can really see how much Luke hates Nicholas.

by Anonymousreply 215August 20, 2020 2:21 AM

Alan Sarapa (a HOTTIE! look him up) is crazy! Wh at a moron.

by Anonymousreply 216August 20, 2020 2:23 AM

R215 Robert Guza Jr

by Anonymousreply 217August 20, 2020 2:31 AM

It was clear that the video of Wiley sleeping was filmed on a cell phone and inserted into the show. I guess they got his parents to do it, the video quality was noticeably lower.

by Anonymousreply 218August 21, 2020 1:27 AM

R215 Nikolas was Genies idea

Guza wrote it; it was great

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219August 21, 2020 3:51 PM

DAMN YOU TAGGERT!

by Anonymousreply 220August 25, 2020 3:28 AM

r220

what happened

by Anonymousreply 221August 25, 2020 3:43 AM

Taggert stopped Julian from stopping Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 222August 25, 2020 3:45 AM

R222 And therefore allowed Nelle to get the keys and leave with Wiley.

by Anonymousreply 223August 25, 2020 3:47 AM

I guess no one has to worry about the Brook Lynn Actress not being a singer, now.

by Anonymousreply 224August 27, 2020 4:23 AM

Is this another new Valerie Spencer?

by Anonymousreply 225August 29, 2020 1:54 AM

No, she came in after the first one left and went to Y&R. She’s only been in a handful of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 226August 29, 2020 2:17 AM

R226 Ok maybe she changed her hair or something since the last time

by Anonymousreply 227August 29, 2020 3:27 AM

She was wearing a wig today. She usually has a very short cut.

by Anonymousreply 228August 29, 2020 3:29 AM

Forget Michael's Dick of Death, apparently Alexis has a Pussy of Death.

by Anonymousreply 229September 2, 2020 1:14 AM

that's funny, R229

by Anonymousreply 230September 2, 2020 2:38 AM

Ethan is back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231September 2, 2020 2:44 AM

R230 Yep, imagine if Alexis turned into a cougar and bedded Micheal, they would both immediately die.

by Anonymousreply 232September 3, 2020 1:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!