Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Pokemon Go still a thing? Part 2

The previous thread was paywalled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 24, 2021 9:27 PM

No honey. It never was.

by Anonymousreply 1August 7, 2020 6:27 AM

Another lame community day tomorrow, Magikarp. At least Gyarados is one of the best water pokemons, and is good for raids etc. But it's still yet another water pokemon. I wish Comnunity Day featured a rare pokemon, like Electabuzz, Deino or Gible. But no. We got MagikarpšŸ˜‚

by Anonymousreply 2August 7, 2020 6:31 AM

R1 Tell that to all the millions who play the game every single day.

by Anonymousreply 3August 7, 2020 6:32 AM

I already did tell those LOSERS R3

by Anonymousreply 4August 7, 2020 6:39 AM

R4 = old, irrelevant, isolated etc.

by Anonymousreply 5August 7, 2020 7:43 AM

R5 = old AF, pretending to be young and "hip". Fail. Go to bed gramps before you break a hip.

by Anonymousreply 6August 7, 2020 7:52 AM

Info about August Community Day. It's tomorrow from 11 am to 5 pm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 7, 2020 5:52 PM

This community day was a success. I got 1200 magikarp candies so I was able to evolve three into Gyarados. I think I got 7 or 8 shinies. I deleted one by a mistake. I didn't even play that much, so I'm actually happy with that. I would probably had gotten more if I had played longer. I should have waited to evolve them though because Aqua Tail is apparently not the best moveset, which is the community day exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2020 4:42 PM

Hey Pokies!

DCI Jane Tennison here, and I've been in a dreadful mood as I was LITERALLY ON THE CUSP of getting to Level 8 on the Battle challenge and had worked out my Great League dream team of Bastioden, Azumarill and Moltres. But then they changed to Ultra League and my mojo has gone!

Been invited to 3 legendary raids by random friends. Got a shiny Raykwaza from Japan and today got a Deoxys from the Phillipines. I nearly got a Deoxys last week but none of my 14 balls worked. Today I had 8 balls and caught it on the first catch. Making sure I use my gym coins to keep a stock of remote battle passes.

And I got an Unown from a gym yesterday, Hurrah!

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2020 6:07 PM

The only Pocket Monster that Iā€™m interested in is the one belonging to my hunky (and obviously hung) neighborhood across the street.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2020 6:22 PM

Anyone else excited about Unova week? I got a few extra incense becaude there are a lot of good pokemons in the Unova region.

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2020 7:39 AM

Had a lovely surprise this morning when I started opening presents for the restore potions and got a rare candy in each one. The Pokemon Festival day last month had issues so they put on 3 hours of special events

My Mewtoo is now up to 400O cp and I only need another 27 candies before itā€™s maxed out

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2020 6:41 PM

I hope that Charmander and Porygon win the votes for the next 2 community days.

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2020 10:29 PM

Can someone please invite me to an Emboar raid. There is a raind starting here in 40 minutes btw. If someone wants an invite.

by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2020 10:21 AM

I'm ariah0l.... if anyone wants to send me an invite for Emboar raid.

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2020 10:28 AM

Thanks OP for starting a new thread!

I also got a ton of Magikarp on the last community day. Still waiting and waiting for a Kabuto, Anorith, and 1 other to compete a research task.

PaulWH thanks for the remote raid invite - sorry I didn't respond but I didn't have a remote raid pass. I am low on coins; there are 3 gyms close to my house that are almost always red. I'm blue and always get knocked out quick.

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2020 10:43 AM

Ariah0l! Iā€™m glad youā€™re here. I accidentally deleted your other account from my friends list a few weeks ago. Can I add you back?

R12 If it was the Mewtwo from Go Fest, I hope you kept it shadow and didnā€™t purify it!

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2020 10:48 AM

R17 Sure, you can add mešŸ˜Š My code is 6428 8654 5215

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2020 10:59 AM

R18 Iā€™m already friends with that account, itā€™s your other account. (Unless Iā€™m getting confused with someone else)

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2020 8:13 PM

Anyone new on the thread who needs to make a friend for a research task or wants gifts from MD my code is 7774 9204 8710

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2020 12:07 AM

[quote][R12] If it was the Mewtwo from Go Fest, I hope you kept it shadow and didnā€™t purify it!

My Mewtoo from the challenge in April/May. I've now maxed it up to 4059cp 178hp.

I've not touched the shadow Mewtoo - is it worth powering that up?

My old phone is discharging very quickly so not using my DCI Jane account much - my prime account is 9527 2214 3715 if anyone wants to add me for raids and gifts/friendship XP. I've also parked the Datalounger account for the time being.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2020 1:12 PM

Yes itā€™s worth investing in shadow Mewtwo but do not purify it. Shadow PokĆ©mon have a 20% increase to attack stat so theyā€™re super powerful. Confusion and Psystrike are the best moves.

You should never purify a legendary PokƩmon.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2020 8:12 PM

Any one in the Northern Hemisphere keen to create a joint PoGo account that we both access and use to capture regional PokƩmon for the other person to trade to their main account. If that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2020 12:53 AM

Paul - wouldn't we each need 2 different phones to be able to trade to the main account? I'll be getting a work phone soon and would be keen to team up. :)

I got your raid invite and it said private group and I tried using a remote pass but got a message that said "no groups found with that code" so I'm not sure how to join. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2020 1:34 AM

Yes you would. I use my iPad as my other device.

I have set up another account and sent you a friend request.

Others are welcome to join in too. Download the app telegram and add me Username Pwhchch and Iā€™ll share the log in details.

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2020 6:58 AM

I am down for raid today if someone wants to send me an invite. I have a remote raid pass now. Nick is ariah0l.

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2020 11:57 AM

R24 I have two accounts. Both need to be on level 40 to be able to trade and not lose IV while trading. I'm on level 38 on my second account.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2020 12:00 PM

FUUUUUUCK. Joined a Heatran raid today but it ran away šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ And I paid fucking money for that raid pass too. SO annoying!

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2020 12:49 PM

I got it! Perfect IV too. I'm so happy.

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2020 1:07 PM

I got it! Perfect IV too. I'm so happy.

by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2020 1:07 PM

[quote]I have set up another account and sent you a friend request. Others are welcome to join in too. Download the app telegram and add me Username Pwhchch and Iā€™ll share the log in details.

Well, I am officially a Pokemon Rulebender!

PaulWH sent me the log in details for the new account and I caught loads of Northern Hemisphere Mr Mimes and a couple of Panseers that he can trade with himself, and he's caught Southern Hemisphere Chatots and Panseer that I can trade.

Genius!

by Anonymousreply 31August 24, 2020 5:40 PM

Would be keen to get some trainers from the US, Africa or Asia on board. Would be good to get Throh, Tropius, Sigilyph, Corsola, Heracross, Pachirisu, Carnivine, Panpour, Maractus, Bouffalant and Torkoal.

by Anonymousreply 32August 24, 2020 10:13 PM

US trainer here - I haven't been able to play much lately, it's our busiest time of the year at work. However, when things slow down in a week or two I would be happy to try and arrange some remote raids with everyone.

-- StevilRen

by Anonymousreply 33August 25, 2020 12:02 AM

MD here - once I get set up with a work phone or find my old one to get wifi I will sign up. Or get the login details and try to sign in at night or early morning opposite of Paul to see what I can get in my neighborhood

I did catch a Bouffalant today.

by Anonymousreply 34August 25, 2020 1:47 AM

I hate Sierra and her Lapras šŸ˜  šŸ˜”

by Anonymousreply 35August 25, 2020 1:56 AM

Thanks Crabby! Would be amazing. DCIJane traded for a Pansage today that I caught for him and I also found a Relicanth as well so thatā€™s next to be traded across. We are both very happy with the arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 36August 25, 2020 10:13 AM

Heatran raid in 50 minutes. Anyone wanna join? I can send an invite. I have 3 slots left.

by Anonymousreply 37August 25, 2020 10:49 AM

Does anyone want to join me for a legendary raid in 20 minutes? I can send an invite.

by Anonymousreply 38August 26, 2020 5:44 AM

I now have 3 Heatran. Only one ran away. 3 out of 4.... guess I should be happy about that. One with perfect IV too. That one raid today was nerve-wrecking. We were only 4 people. 3 should be enough, but I have a feeling the others I played with were lower-level players with mediocre pokemons. I was in a raid yesterday, we were 3 but we still won it and had like 100 seconds left. Today we only had 30 seconds left and I had a ton of fainted pokemon so I had to rejoin the battle. But anyways, we won and I caught Heatran. So I'm happy.

by Anonymousreply 39August 26, 2020 6:32 AM

Ugh time for another update. LOL

by Anonymousreply 40August 26, 2020 11:08 AM

There are loads of bugs so hopefully this addresses them. Although I expect many new ones to appear.

by Anonymousreply 41August 26, 2020 11:45 AM

Like the glitching.

by Anonymousreply 42August 26, 2020 1:52 PM

I've caught 4 Heatran. How are you guys doing? Have you caught any?

by Anonymousreply 43August 26, 2020 3:42 PM

Caught two, missed two.

by Anonymousreply 44August 26, 2020 8:05 PM

Mega evolutions are said to be coming. Starting with 4 Pokemon only(Beedrill,Venusaur,Charizard and Blastoise). Mega Beedrill is supposedly will have to be earned through special research and the other 3 megas Charizard,Blastoise and Venusaur will be through special mega raids. Lv. 2 and 4 raids are supposed to be getting removed. You will only be able to have 1 pokemon mega evolve at a time. If you try to mega evolve a second pokemon the first mega pokemon will go back to its normal form. Also you have earn that pokemon's specific mega energy to mega evolve it. Mega pokemon will provide an additional attack bonus to all other pokemon in a raid group provided that the other pokemon are using the same type of attacks as the mega pokemon.

by Anonymousreply 45August 26, 2020 11:36 PM

So I did the first bits of the Mega research task and can now power up my Beedrill to a mega Beedrill for FOUR HOURS.

But what's the point?

I use a remote raid pass to fight for a Blastoise but there were only 6 and it soon became apparent there was no chance of doing it in the timescale.

by Anonymousreply 46August 28, 2020 4:51 PM

I think there is supposed to be a bonus the faster you take down a mega evolved pokemon in a special mega raid. Supposedly you can't place a mega pokemon in a gym nor can you earn one through a raid only their mega energy and I'm not sure but I believe you also can't use them in PvP.

by Anonymousreply 47August 28, 2020 7:49 PM

Hi guys, Iā€™ve added you. My game name is JolovesKez, and I have a second account of Jesters Jokers. I am in Australia. Happy to be invited to any raids, and to do some dodgy trading. Did you guys start a new account so that others can sign into it to catch regional PokĆ©mon? Iā€™m happy to give that a go, or sign in to catch any over here that you might need.

by Anonymousreply 48August 29, 2020 12:46 PM

R48 You need to be close to the other person to trade with them. You cannot trade with a person from Europe. You can however get eggs and I think regionals are available in them.

by Anonymousreply 49August 29, 2020 1:00 PM

Yes, but the guys above have found a way to do it. I was saying that I was happy to join in with them. The regional eggs have happened the last two years and are only around for about a week. Itā€™s a pity that you canā€™t trade over distance because Iā€™ve got a heap of shinies I could trade.

by Anonymousreply 50August 29, 2020 1:14 PM

Sorry I missed the Remote Raid Invite earlier.

by Anonymousreply 51August 29, 2020 10:16 PM

Hey, IcedDirtyChai here. Thanks to everyone who accepted my invites a month or two ago, excited that a few of us are about to get those 4 hearts and 100k XP soon. I'm in NYC, and contrary to appearances, I am not an Orthodox Jew. But all the Pokestops and gyms in my 'hood are synagogues and yeshivas, and they are plentiful!

Not crazy about this mega raid thing, but did catch a shiny Charizard from one. Magikarp community day was great, I now have an army of 3-star Gyrados to compliment my army of 3-star Dragonites from dragon week. I started playing in 2016 but stopped because I didn't want to spend $ on upgrading my Pokemon storage (did go on a fun adventure for Mr. Mimes in Paris in 2018 though), but decided to give it another go when the city shut down and I wasn't leaving my neighborhood. Now I'm dropping coins on remote raid passes left and right.

If anyone needs a few more gifts, feel free to add me: 2891 9244 6204

by Anonymousreply 52August 29, 2020 10:37 PM

R52, I go by slizabeth17 for PokĆ©mon Go, and I thought youā€™d appreciate a gift from yet another synagogue! Itā€™s the only one for miles and miles around here.

by Anonymousreply 53August 30, 2020 12:49 AM

Poke a mango? Why?

by Anonymousreply 54August 30, 2020 12:58 AM

Huge thanks to IcedDirtyChai for accepting my remote raid request and helping my 2 accounts catch a Heatran at a lovely big Methodist church.

Both accounts caught the Heatran but my god my thumbs were hurting at the end. One of the accounts gave me 2 star "BIG one", but the other is 3 stars if "a little small for its kind".

If anyone else wants to join the international trading syndicate but is put off by the drama of it all then please be reassured we don't all look like Joan Collins in a turban, smoking a cigarette. I'm more a Rula Lenska type of guy.

by Anonymousreply 55August 30, 2020 3:22 PM

I want more friends. Please add my second account: 7585 5640 4862

by Anonymousreply 56September 1, 2020 5:27 AM

Froy is on his European tour of promoting PokĆ©mon, heā€™s the international poster twink for all things PokĆ©mon Go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 1, 2020 5:47 AM

[quote[I want more friends. Please add my second account: 7585 5640 4862

hei min norske venn! Are you a petite blonde lady in real life? I've added you.

The Datalounge Pokers did a 5 star raid yesterday, early morning in NZ/Australia, late evening in UK and afternoon in the US. A convenient time for most people in the international trading syndicate.

If anyone else does want to join in, details are above!

by Anonymousreply 58September 1, 2020 7:33 AM

Please add me 6428 8654 5215

by Anonymousreply 59September 3, 2020 5:12 AM

I defeated a Venusaur in a mega raid, but it ran away when I tried to catch it :( I think I had like 13 balls, but it kept jumping. It was impossible :(

by Anonymousreply 60September 3, 2020 6:28 AM

It was weird when it first started, seeing hordes of geeks all looking at their phones. I tried using in once, but I couldn't understand it.

by Anonymousreply 61September 3, 2020 6:36 AM

Porygon won the votes to be the community day pokemon for September. I had a couple of wild Areodactyl show up. Too bad they had terrible IVs.

by Anonymousreply 62September 3, 2020 7:36 AM

R62 Many pokemons have increased spawns these days because of the mega event. That's why you see more of Aerodactyl, Electabuzz, Tangela etc. in the wild. If I were you I'd purchase some incense. I have already used like 4. It's worth it, trust me. The pokemons spawning right now are rare in the wild.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 3, 2020 8:04 AM

Fuck, no, I hope not. Deplorable game for shitty, ugly retards. It was promoted every 4 years around the election and you should know why.

by Anonymousreply 64September 3, 2020 8:18 AM

Thanks r63. I already had an Areodactyl that was hatched from an egg with better IVs but I do need an Electabuzz.

by Anonymousreply 65September 3, 2020 8:49 AM

All the spawns during the mega raid week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 3, 2020 11:10 AM

Not sure what I'm most excited about - a Mega Pidgey or a Covid vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 67September 3, 2020 1:28 PM

I caught a shiny Lotad which is now a shiny almost 4 star Ludicolo. It's so ridiculous looking, I love it. Was finally able to catch an Abra with great IVs and evolve it into Alakazam too. I now need some Larvitar's to pop up because I have a great Pupitar from Team Rocket that needs evolvin'.

I did enough mega raids to earn enough mega energy to evolve my 4 star Charizard but for four hours? What is the point? With Torchic popping up more often, I can finally max out my 4 star Blaziken at least.

My Slaking has been in a gym for over a week. Someone is feeding it berries that isn't me!

by Anonymousreply 68September 3, 2020 5:00 PM

[quote]I caught a shiny Lotad which is now a shiny almost 4 star Ludicolo. It's so ridiculous looking, I love it. Was finally able to catch an Abra with great IVs and evolve it into Alakazam too. I now need some Larvitar's to pop up because I have a great Pupitar from Team Rocket that needs evolvin'.

I now have a shiny Ludicolo too, but it's only one star.

Is TommyC from Seattle a regular viewer here? Thank you for the friendship request and my present - the egg I got from it hatched into a Ice Darumaka.

I did a research task which got me 5 mega energy things, but I can't see them anywhere in my Items.

WHERE DID THEY GO?

by Anonymousreply 69September 3, 2020 6:30 PM

I have seen a ton of Lotad, Omanyte, and Tangela the last couple of days. I got a shiny Aerodactyl this morning and a shiny Heatran in a raid yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 70September 4, 2020 1:38 AM

I'm jealous r70 that you got a shiny Areodactyl. I've seen a couple Jynx show up on radar but disappeared when I finally got near one the stops. I have a couple that I haven't evolved yet.

by Anonymousreply 71September 4, 2020 10:15 AM

Any raids now? If so can you please invite me. I'm ariah0l.

by Anonymousreply 72September 6, 2020 4:04 PM

Heatran raid in 17 minutes. I'll send invite if anyone wants to join.

by Anonymousreply 73September 10, 2020 8:23 AM

[quote] Heatran raid in 17 minutes. I'll send invite if anyone wants to join.

Hey Raider, if you want to coordinate raid battles why not join the Telegram group?

Much easier than on here, and raids can be planned around time zones in the US, U.K., Australia and New Zealand.

Membership of the international trading syndicate is optional, but itā€™s great for raids!

by Anonymousreply 74September 10, 2020 10:03 AM

R74 Thanks, I just downloaded it. Is there a group for Datalounge raids? Which group are you using?

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2020 12:05 PM

[quote][R74] Thanks, I just downloaded it. Is there a group for Datalounge raids? Which group are you using?

Add Username Pwhchch and you will be added to the group as if my magic.

BTW what etiquette do people use when becoming best friends? I am one day away on my alt account and want to use a lucky egg to get up to Level 39 but the other person apparently wants to do the same and it's been 3 days since we've exchanged gifts. They are only level 28.

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2020 7:33 PM

[quote]DCI Jane Tennison here, and I've been in a dreadful mood as I was LITERALLY ON THE CUSP of getting to Level 8 on the Battle challenge and had worked out my Great League dream team of Bastioden, Azumarill and Moltres. But then they changed to Ultra League and my mojo has gone!

DCI Jane Tennison here again and I'm pleased to say that I got back up to level 8 when they reset the battles to a choice of great, ultra, master and premier cup.

I've had to switch my team up though and I've subbed Moltres in place of Shitfry, who is more lethal against those stunfisk things.

There are now 2 rufflets in my collection and I'm using the rare candy won to evolve it.

No idea how anyone could conceivably get to level 9.

by Anonymousreply 77September 10, 2020 7:40 PM

Well shoot, just caught a perfect Cresselia.

Just started this season of PvP to earn an Elite TM. I throw out the tankiest Pokemon possible in the Great League (Lapras, Snorlax, Slowking), or I open with my Giratina with Dragon Claw in the Ultra League. I've had several players just quit against me in the past few days when I do that šŸ˜„

by Anonymousreply 78September 11, 2020 7:20 PM

I recently purified one of my shadow Pokemon which in turn pushed it stats to near perfect.

by Anonymousreply 79September 11, 2020 7:27 PM

Donā€™t purify shadow legendary PokĆ©mon.

by Anonymousreply 80September 12, 2020 11:53 PM

R80 it wasn't a legendary pokemon.

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2020 1:09 AM

Jessie and James are leaving on September 30th.

by Anonymousreply 82September 18, 2020 1:55 AM

Reminder that today is Porygon community day. Evolving up to Porygon-Z will get Tri-Attack and you could catch shiny Porygon.

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2020 4:57 PM

Quite big tits.

by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2020 5:27 PM

Medicham looks like sheā€™s got a pair of pendulous udders.

Meanwhile someone called Brianna Wu is accusing Pokemon on being Hitler fanatics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2020 5:35 PM

I caught 4 shiny Porygon and evolved one of them along with a regular 3 star Porygon.

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2020 5:49 PM

I hate what they have done to gift system with buddies either no longer picking up as many gifts or none at all.

by Anonymousreply 87October 18, 2020 9:35 AM

I wish there was an option to stop getting eggs from gifts. I want to open them for the potions to restore the health after shadow battles but with eggs hatching so quickly under the 1/4 hatch distance I don't want them filling up with 7k eggs when I've got 12k eggs to collect.

by Anonymousreply 88October 18, 2020 10:32 AM

I know r88 and I wish they include more revives too.

by Anonymousreply 89October 18, 2020 9:02 PM

If Iā€™m out of revives, I just power up their cp which gives them 1hp and then use potions.

by Anonymousreply 90October 18, 2020 11:18 PM

Mega Gengar is coming along with a new AR feature for those lv.20 and up. They need to go back to having your buddy pick up more than one gift.

by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2020 9:41 AM

And gifts from stops isnā€™t guaranteed any more. I have very few gifts to gift these days.

by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2020 10:02 AM

Ikr r92.

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2020 10:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 28, 2020 4:52 AM

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. Iā€™ve gotten back into playing Go after a long hiatus. If you see a new friend request pop up from Softtalker, ā€˜ā€˜tis me. My trainer code is: 8614 8313 7670.

by Anonymousreply 95October 28, 2020 9:52 AM

Hi Softtalker, we're now good friends!

by Anonymousreply 96October 28, 2020 4:54 PM

Hey CrabbyChzhead, I see that! Onward and upward!

by Anonymousreply 97October 28, 2020 8:04 PM

Hey, Softtalker. Just sent a response. I'm sort of in-and-out of PGo these days, hoping to get back into it. So, hope to see you online.

by Anonymousreply 98October 29, 2020 3:59 AM

Welcome back Tramplegoo! Hope all is well.

by Anonymousreply 99November 1, 2020 5:48 PM

Another update.

by Anonymousreply 100November 9, 2020 1:48 AM

I caught 2 shiny Lugia during raid hour! YAAAAAAS!

by Anonymousreply 101November 11, 2020 5:32 PM

I purified and evolved one of my shadow pokemon. Which then pushed all it's stats to to the max.

by Anonymousreply 102November 11, 2020 8:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 12, 2020 2:39 PM

Anyone excited for Community Day?

by Anonymousreply 104November 12, 2020 5:47 PM

Yes r104 although I'm not completely sure about evolving Electabuzz so it can learn Flamethrower.

by Anonymousreply 105November 12, 2020 7:15 PM

Pokemon Go is temporarily increasing trade distance I believe for the next 4 to 5 days.

by Anonymousreply 106November 13, 2020 2:13 AM

R103 Don't evolve them. Flamethrower is only a C-rated move according to poke genie. Thunder shock and wild charge combined make the best moveset.

by Anonymousreply 107November 13, 2020 9:49 AM

R103 Here is more info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 13, 2020 9:50 AM

Did you complete the animation week special research? I managed to finish it on my original account, but not my second account. I got to the second last step where I had to win a raid. I don't have any remote raid passes and I'm too far from the nearest gym fml. It was impossible to complete it.

by Anonymousreply 109November 13, 2020 10:38 AM

5 minutes until CD starts here in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 110November 14, 2020 8:56 AM

Oops, my bad. It's not until tomorrow. I thought it was today lol.

by Anonymousreply 111November 14, 2020 10:31 AM

I hope for community day they throw in some free pokeballs.

by Anonymousreply 112November 14, 2020 10:29 PM

I caught a couple shinies for community day though none of them had good IVs.

by Anonymousreply 113November 15, 2020 5:41 PM

Another new update is coming with gen 6 Pokemon.

by Anonymousreply 114November 19, 2020 2:51 AM

Community Day was a success. Caught 3 Electabuzz with IV above 90 %. Caught a ton in the 80-90 % IV range. Got 9 shinies.

by Anonymousreply 115November 19, 2020 12:59 PM

They are adding levels beyond lv.40 in the new update with specific requirements to achieve like lv.41.

A few of the rumored requirements supposedly are:

Powering up a legendary pokemon 20 times

Having 6 million xp or more

Catching more than 200 pokemon in a single day

by Anonymousreply 116November 20, 2020 12:21 AM

Sigh, my life's goal was to hit level 40. However, I doubt I'll ever reach level 41 so so much for goals. Particularly since I just play every once in a while. Guess I'll spend 100 per cent of my time working on my COVID cure.

by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2020 2:52 AM

That's asking a lot r116. Who is out there currently catching 200 Pokemon in one day unless it's one of those well known PoGo youtubers or someone who lives very close to multiple pokestops and is spending money on incenses,lures,pokeballs and slot upgrades.

by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2020 4:27 AM

I struggle catching Cobalion. I had several great throws and excellent throws. It still ran away TWICE! I pay for these remote raid passes. It fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2020 5:50 AM

Is learning Thunderbolt even worth it or not?

by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2020 8:26 PM

Try to hatch a baby Magby as itā€™s cheaper to give it a second charged move. Itā€™s waaaay less dust and candy. That way when you evolve it to a Magmortar itā€™s got thunderbolt + another move. Gives you more coverage and an advantage to unsuspecting foes.

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2020 11:53 PM

I finally caught another Ditto and they need to try to fix the battle system.

by Anonymousreply 122November 23, 2020 3:19 AM

I caught a shiny 3 star Magmar on Community day. I hope they keep this slight "increase" of gifts that your buddy can pick up.

by Anonymousreply 123November 23, 2020 7:13 AM

Gen 6 is live. I caught a Chespin.

by Anonymousreply 124December 4, 2020 3:47 AM

These Gen 6 seem to be a lot harder to catch and very few 3 star.

by Anonymousreply 125December 4, 2020 5:37 AM

R125 gen 6 spawn rates are currently set low.

by Anonymousreply 126December 4, 2020 5:57 AM

Iā€™ve caught 16 fennekin so far compared to 3 chespin and 2 froakie.

by Anonymousreply 127December 4, 2020 10:21 AM

Also as of right now incense won't attract gen 6 pokemon.

by Anonymousreply 128December 4, 2020 10:24 AM

Iā€™ve been fairly lucky with Gen 6 so far. Bunnelby, Fennekin, Fletchling, Litleo, Chespin, and Espurr has been popping up in raids. I was able to evolve Bunnelby, Litleo, Chespin, Fennekin, and Fletchling.

by Anonymousreply 129December 4, 2020 11:05 AM

I have not seen a single Froakie, and Iā€™m getting pretty frustrated.

by Anonymousreply 130December 4, 2020 11:26 AM

I haven't seen a single Froakie,Fletching,Fennekin or Espurr.

by Anonymousreply 131December 4, 2020 11:30 AM

If it is or is not still a thing-why would you care-how does this negatively impact you? Iā€™m actually so bored I probably should download it and play.

by Anonymousreply 132December 4, 2020 11:40 AM

Another shoutout for the international insider trading syndicate!

It's a very simple arrangement. We all have a spare account that each other logs in to and we catch regionals for each other or fill the account up with eggs for you to hatch, then take the accounts back and trade them with our own main accounts.

Pokemon we have plenty of to share include Pansear, Panpour, Pansage, Boufellant, Relicanth, Mr Mime, Mr Mime Jnr, Durant, Sawk, Tauros, Kangaskhan, Chatot, Volbeat, Zangoose, Heatmor, pink or green Shellos, red or blue Basculin, and probably others I've forgotten.

Pokemon we don't have at present are Corsola, Tropius, Sigilyph, Klefki, Heracross, Throh, Torkoal, Maractus, Pachirisu - if you see these in the wild and would like to catch them for a fellow Datalounger then you'd be very popular!

We also coordinate raids - very effective for the Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf raids.

If anyone's interested post here!

by Anonymousreply 133December 4, 2020 5:54 PM

Special research coming for a chance at shiny Celebi.

by Anonymousreply 134December 4, 2020 6:40 PM

Today is start of Community Days.

by Anonymousreply 135December 12, 2020 1:13 PM

Been busy catching every Rhyhorn in sight to build up my XL Candy supply so I can power it up past level 40. To get to level 48 you need to power up 6 Pokemon to their max CP so I'm planning early.

I'll need another 61 million XP to get to that stage and I've only got 38.5 million XP over the last 4 years but everyone needs something to aim for in life.

by Anonymousreply 136December 12, 2020 6:53 PM

I caught a near perfect 3 star shadow Pokemon. If I purified it then it would be perfect. Don't know if I will purify it or not and no it's not a legendary.

by Anonymousreply 137December 13, 2020 2:43 AM

I played for 5 hours yesterday. Only got like 6 pokemon with an IV above 3 stars, wtf...

by Anonymousreply 138December 13, 2020 6:33 AM

Just reached lvl 36. Looks like I'll never get that gyrados hat ...

by Anonymousreply 139December 13, 2020 8:02 PM

[quote]Just reached lvl 36. Looks like I'll never get that gyrados hat ...

Thanks for the Regirock raid invite! I was in the McDonalds drive thru, waiting in the bay.

I did have a gift from you I was waiting to open as we were 1 day from becoming best friends. I was waiting for another best friend so I could use a lucky egg and get an extra 100,000 xp from each, but the doing the raid increased our friendship!

Don't forget to go for excellent throws - 2000xp minimum! I've been doing excellent throws on seedot, magmar, electrabuzz and charmander.

by Anonymousreply 140December 13, 2020 8:18 PM

Team Rocket research is now live.

by Anonymousreply 141December 14, 2020 3:08 PM

Finally got my first team rocket balloon to show up.

by Anonymousreply 142December 16, 2020 7:36 AM

Anyone buying the ticket for the galarian mr meme special research? I don't think it's worth it tbh.

by Anonymousreply 143December 19, 2020 6:52 PM

[quote]Anyone buying the ticket for the galarian mr meme special research? I don't think it's worth it tbh.

I paid for it - Pokemon Go has kept me sane during lockdown and given me a reason to leave the house so I don't begrudge giving Niantic some cash at the end of the year.

Plus you get 2 Galarian Mr Mimes that look like it should be on the sex offenders register for 10 years minimum, plus incubators, rare candies raid passes and star pieces and extra balls and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 144December 19, 2020 7:15 PM

I hate these curveball challenges.

I'm not r143.

by Anonymousreply 145December 19, 2020 7:24 PM

[quote]I hate these curveball challenges. I'm not [R143].

If it's 3 curveballs in a throw (or any throws in a row challenge) do you all know to do the flightmode trick?

Tap the Pokemon to catch as normal and then turn on the airplane mode. Go for your best catch and if it's not great, shut down the app, turn off flightmode and reload it and try again.

If you do make the great or excellent throw, turn of the flightmode and wait for it the pokemon to be caught or to wiggle free. And try again! Essential for the "Make 10 great throws in a row" research task which MIGHT get you a shiny cubchoo, but will more likely get you a regular tenapenny fucking woobat.

by Anonymousreply 146December 19, 2020 8:48 PM

Why do I have to use golden raz berries and several ultra balls to catch a CP 200 Vanillite?

Did I just go outside in my pajamas to a Vanillite raid at the gym down the block in hopes of catching one with halfway decent stats? The answer is ... yes.

by Anonymousreply 147December 31, 2020 3:56 PM

It took me 5 vanilite raids to find a 3 star one. It was making me very angry.

by Anonymousreply 148December 31, 2020 6:23 PM

R148 Lucky you. I have caught maybe 20 and I still have not gotten one with an IV of 3 stars. I had to evolve the one I had with 2 stars.

by Anonymousreply 149January 1, 2021 10:37 AM

I also still haven't caught a good Vanillite.

by Anonymousreply 150January 1, 2021 12:29 PM

I did four Vanillite raids that resulted in two 3-star catches. They weren't great 3-star PokƩmon though, so I held off on evolving until I caught a better one with full attack and HP at 2:30 AM the other night. This little ice cream cone was my nemesis for a week or so but I finally have the equally ridiculous Vanilluxe!

by Anonymousreply 151January 1, 2021 6:18 PM

A bit late to this but the easiest way to get a good Vanillite was to compete the "catch 10 Ice Pokemon" research task.

I'm really missing getting excellent throws on Snover. I did about 600,000xp on spotlight our with a lucky egg - quadruple XP for a catch and an evolve.

by Anonymousreply 152January 5, 2021 8:00 AM

Just did spotlight hour for a shiny Lillipup and came up with nothing. Spotlight hours have been a complete bust shiny wise for me.

by Anonymousreply 153January 5, 2021 9:53 AM

Pokemon Go is running a contest that if you are chosen will put you in the game as a trainer that others can battle during the upcoming Kanto event.

by Anonymousreply 154January 5, 2021 1:00 PM

The Unova collection event is live.

by Anonymousreply 155January 6, 2021 4:45 PM

Phanpy is the final spotlight Pokemon for January and will have a 2x transfer candy bonus along with the chance to catch shiny Phanpy.

by Anonymousreply 156January 26, 2021 9:40 PM

Did anyone participate in community day and evolve their Fletchling?

by Anonymousreply 157March 7, 2021 6:48 AM

R157 Yes. Got three with an IV above 90 % so I evolved those.

by Anonymousreply 158March 7, 2021 7:17 AM

Yes! Made full advantage of 6 hours of triple XP and used some lucky eggs and made over a million in XP with excellent throws, but used over 400 ultra balls to catch them.

by Anonymousreply 159March 7, 2021 7:17 AM

That is impressive R159! I was having trouble getting catches beyond a nice throw.

by Anonymousreply 160March 7, 2021 9:21 AM

It takes a lot of practice flicking the ball when the circle narrows to a particular point but since November/December when they increased XP for an excellent throw to 1000+ I've gotten very good at it on certain PokƩmon.

Drowzee is next week's spotlight hour with double XP so I'll do a lucky egg and get flicking.

by Anonymousreply 161March 7, 2021 9:37 AM

I should work on improving my excellent catch rate r161, my pattern seems to be feast or famine. I felt lucky I did get a couple of excellent throws in yesterday, but they were not on a Fletchling.

by Anonymousreply 162March 7, 2021 10:13 AM

I caught a better CP and IV Fetchling than the one I already had and evolved it.

by Anonymousreply 163March 7, 2021 1:07 PM

Landorus, Tornadus and Thundurus are coming with their Therian Formes.

by Anonymousreply 164March 10, 2021 5:55 PM

Today is Incense Day with Beldum.

by Anonymousreply 165March 14, 2021 1:53 PM

Today is Beldum incense day. Evolve it and you get meteor mash. A very strong charge move.

by Anonymousreply 166March 14, 2021 2:09 PM

Not happy with incense day. Most of the Beldum I caught were 0 or 1 star. A few had 2 stars. Only two had 3 stars, and even they had "only" 89 % IV. I usually only save pokemon with an IV above 90 %. Today I got zero so I had to evolve the two I got that had 89 %. Got one shiny btw.

by Anonymousreply 167March 14, 2021 5:14 PM

I accidentally evolved my shadow Metang because I was only catching 1* and 2* Beldum but it didn't give Metagross Meteor Mash.

by Anonymousreply 168March 14, 2021 5:45 PM

R168 Same here. Used two insence and most of the ones I caught were 0 or 1. Only got two with 3 stars and I caught a lot during those two hours. If you evolved them between 11 am and 5 pm you should have gotten meteor mash as it was the charged moveset for the day. Remember to evolve Beldum twice though, Beldum becomes Meltang then Metagross. Are you sure you evolved them twice and between 11 am anf 5 pm today? If so you should have gotten Meteor Mash.

by Anonymousreply 169March 14, 2021 6:05 PM

Incense day was a bit mediocre. I used two incense and caught a total of maybe 12 beldum? All 0 or 1 star. Between my existing candies and pinap berries, I was able to evolve a 3 star metang previously caught (with the meteor mash attack).

by Anonymousreply 170March 14, 2021 6:52 PM

If it was shadow, you would have only gotten frustration not meteor mash. You needed to purify it before evolving.

by Anonymousreply 171March 14, 2021 9:01 PM

Completely forgot about Beldum last weekend - it was mother's day so I spent the afternoon at my mum's. And I need more steel Pokemon to complete my platinum badges.

I've got platinum for normal, flying, poison, ground, rock, bug, fire, water, grass, electric, psychic and ice.

I'm gold on fighting (need another 482) ghost (need another 337) steel (180) dark (196) and fairy (63). With all the magnemites and arons and snubbulls and mr mimes I should get steel and fairy in the next few weeks.

I need another 1833 dragon PokƩmon to get the platinum badge. Not happening any time soon!

by Anonymousreply 172March 20, 2021 6:21 PM

They are currently testing out a new feature in which you can earn rewards if you refer a new player(s) or get an existing player(s) who haven't played in the last 90 days to start playing again with your referral code and they complete various challenges.

by Anonymousreply 173March 25, 2021 12:22 PM

I've started playing again after a dropping it for a couple of years, I like a lot of the features they've added but I've noticed the pokestops seem to less generous compared to when I was originally playing it.

by Anonymousreply 174March 25, 2021 1:58 PM

Can I just say I'm sick of fucking Cliff and his fucking aerodactyl. I loved it when it started with the Omanyte, more often than not I could do the entire thing with my Leafeon but now it's much harder.

And I hope this doesn't sound too pervy but does anyone else find Cliff quite attractive? I get a strong stamina vibe from him, whereas Arlo would be very quick and probably cry at the end.

by Anonymousreply 175March 27, 2021 3:23 PM

I won't battle Cliff unless I absolutely have to because of that Aerodactyl. Wait ... Arlo is a dude?

It's been almost a year since I started to replay Pokemon Go. When I jumped back in all I wanted was a Gyrados and now I have several with over a 1,000 Magikarp candies to spare. I don't have a Melmetal so I'll make that my next goal along with getting to lvl 40. How kids in my neighborhood are pushing lvl 50 is beyond me!

by Anonymousreply 176March 27, 2021 5:28 PM

I can beat Cliff and that Aerodactyl with the combo of Metagross, Hariyama, and Aggron. The last time I battled him, I was able to take out all three Pokemon with the Metagross and it felt like a major accomplishment.

r176 / Iced Dirty Chai - I considered Arlo androgynous šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

by Anonymousreply 177March 27, 2021 5:44 PM

Arlo is indeed a he/him. I would ignore Cliff but to get to level 45 I need to beat 50 rocket leaders. I'm up to 21. I'll try Metagross thanks Softalker.

I walked over 1200km with a meltan to get my Melmetal but there's now a thing you can do where you can send unwanted PokƩmon to the PokƩmon Home app and you'll be sent a black box you can open which will spawn loads of meltan.

I look at the stats for Level 50 players - some of them have caught so many Pokemon it's an average of over 150 a day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178March 27, 2021 5:53 PM

A strong Water type should be able to handle Aerodactyl.

I can't wait till I finally have enough candies to evolve my perfect ā™‚ļøNidoran.

by Anonymousreply 179March 28, 2021 2:40 AM

I tried my Kyogre on Aerodactyl but it was like a knife through butter. Rhyperior with Surf was better but still not great.

I'm meant to be working from home today but I'm fed up so trading rubbish pokemon between my two accounts to help me on my way to 2500 trades and the Platinum Gentleman medal.

by Anonymousreply 180March 31, 2021 1:57 PM

Cliff seems to be avoiding me.

by Anonymousreply 181March 31, 2021 4:31 PM

R178 Holy shit, are you on level 44? I'm still stuck on level 43. I'm 6 million points short to get to the next level, sigh.

by Anonymousreply 182March 31, 2021 4:40 PM

Yes, it is; I think it became more of a thing again during Covid. I work on an island, and see a large number of people playing over here. Fun, non-obnoxious way to spend time with your friends, or alone.

by Anonymousreply 183March 31, 2021 4:42 PM

[quote][R178] Holy shit, are you on level 44? I'm still stuck on level 43. I'm 6 million points short to get to the next level, sigh.

I am! I'm now up to TWENTY FIVE of BEAT FIFTY ROCKET LEADER task. I've got 12k eggs in my overflow from 15th March - I don't want any more, although the Larvitar hatch is good for XL candy. I really don't want a Quilfish from a 12k egg. Or another motherfucking Absol.

I've got 3.5 million and need 13 million to get to level 45. The PokeRaid app is good - for new friends. You need to go into it daily to get coins and they can be used to advertise your friend code or join raids. It's free to host raids and it will match you up with other raiders so if you want to do a 5 star raid it'll get you 5 new friends.

[quote]I'm gold on fighting (need another 482) ghost (need another 337) steel (180) dark (196) and fairy (63). With all the magnemites and arons and snubbulls and mr mimes I should get steel and fairy in the next few weeks.

I finished my Fairy and Steel badges so that just leaves Fighting (need 432 - Mankey in Spotlight Hour will help this) Ghost (need 249, all the drifloon around the last week helped) Dark (need 177 - Grimer Spotlight will help here) and Dragon where I need another 1821.

by Anonymousreply 184March 31, 2021 5:19 PM

Happy April Fools Day! There will be themed research for today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 1, 2021 7:48 AM

I'm stuck working from home today so won't get a chance to take down that many the shadow Aipoms at pokestops but the ones I've done on the balloons are pathetic in taking on my 4 star Hairymama.

by Anonymousreply 186April 1, 2021 8:37 AM

R183 I've definitely been using it more since lockdown in the UK started, gives me a reason to get out and go for a walk.

by Anonymousreply 187April 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Did I do something to make Cliff afraid me and that's why he won't show up to battle me?

by Anonymousreply 188April 1, 2021 3:40 PM

R188 Do you have the go rocket radar?

by Anonymousreply 189April 1, 2021 3:44 PM

I came across Cliff at a Pokestop yesterday and I tried 4 times to try and defeat him - Aerodactyl, Gallade and Mamoswine. I gave up in the end and waited until 6pm when Sierra came along in a balloon.

But then Cliff came along in a balloon this morning and I did it on the first go - Aerodactyl, Gallade and Tyranitar, done with a machamp, mewtoo and breloom.

by Anonymousreply 190April 2, 2021 12:33 PM

R189 Yes I did after getting enough mysterious components but for some reason Cliff wouldn't show up it would either be Sierra or Arlo in the baloon.

Just kicked Giovanni's ass after earning a Super Rocket Radar.

by Anonymousreply 191April 4, 2021 5:34 PM

If anyone's unable to find an Azumarill for the Spring Into Spring challenge, it's the reward for the Catch 15 Exeggcute challenge.

The 1/2 hatch distance is welcome but I wish there was more than 2k eggs coming from Pokestops.

by Anonymousreply 192April 4, 2021 5:46 PM

Did anyone complete the Spring challenge?

by Anonymousreply 193April 9, 2021 1:20 AM

[quote]Did anyone complete the Spring challenge?

I did! On all of my accounts, but one one of them the shadow evil eggs thing only appeared in a balloon yesterday.

NEW POKEMON NEXT WEEK!!!

by Anonymousreply 194April 9, 2021 6:47 AM

I also completed the challenge although it took a long time get Pikachu and especially Azumarril.

by Anonymousreply 195April 9, 2021 12:58 PM

Where have the balloons gone!

by Anonymousreply 196April 10, 2021 9:21 AM

Snivy community day is coming up with 3x stardust catch and Frenzy Plant.

by Anonymousreply 197April 10, 2021 5:43 PM

R196 supposedly there has been players reporting about some glitch happening with the balloons. So they have temporarily stopped them to investigate it.

The global event is currently live and Sylveon will be released.

by Anonymousreply 198April 13, 2021 4:29 AM

This Tiger Landorus thing is a total bitch to catch. I've won 5 raids and caught one.

by Anonymousreply 199April 17, 2021 12:00 PM

Its being reported by some players. That the Friendship system has been acting up and not giving some players their XP for meeting their goals.

by Anonymousreply 200April 17, 2021 12:59 PM

[quote]Its being reported by some players. That the Friendship system has been acting up and not giving some players their XP for meeting their goals.

THAT HAPPENED TO ME! I put a lucky egg on and did mass evolves during the Mankey spotlight hour because it was double XP. Opened 2 gifts to become ultra friends and get an extra 100000 xp but nothing. I got a notification about 18 hours later and the XP was added.

I looked on twitter and there was one guy who had been saving up best friends and hadn't received over a million XP. That would be devastating.

by Anonymousreply 201April 17, 2021 1:02 PM

A few players who also had lucky eggs going r201 claim they supposedly didn't get any XP added back to their accounts even after they communicated with Niantic. Niantic basically told them that the most they could do at the time was offer them another lucky egg.

by Anonymousreply 202April 17, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote] finished my Fairy and Steel badges so that just leaves Fighting (need 432 - Mankey in Spotlight Hour will help this) Ghost (need 249, all the drifloon around the last week helped) Dark (need 177 - Grimer Spotlight will help here) and Dragon where I need another 1821.

So I posted that on 31st March and I am happy to reveal that I have got my platinum medal for Fighting Pokemon, thanks to the Rivals week with the abundance of makuhitas, meditites and hitmons.

I now need 211 Ghost, 1806 Dragon and 134 Dark.

Trades also count towards the medal so I traded all the useless Dark ones on my alt account.

by Anonymousreply 203April 18, 2021 2:15 PM

Team Rocket balloons are back and to make up for for them being down while they worked on it. Niantic is giving you a free šŸŽ with 1x Rocket Radar and 30x pokeballs along with shadow Zapdos still being available if you battle and beat Giovanni.

I finally hope that I can battle Cliff.

by Anonymousreply 204April 23, 2021 1:52 AM

With Cliff and his motherfucking aerodactyl I find if you swap to a second Pokemon straight away it does less damage.

E.g. Start with Rhyperior it gets crushed easily, but start with Machamp (great for Tyranitaur) and then switch to Rhyperior and it lasts much longer.

by Anonymousreply 205April 23, 2021 6:16 AM

Kyrogue with waterfall and surf is a good combo. But do as the person above suggested and put it second and tag it in straight away.

by Anonymousreply 206April 23, 2021 8:22 AM

Went outside in half of my pjs to complete today's collection challenge. Double XP finally leveled me up to 38. The long road to 40 continues.

by Anonymousreply 207April 24, 2021 6:05 PM

Congrats r207/Iced Dirty Chai! Thanks to the collection challenge and double XP, I leveled up to 36 today. Itā€™s a process.

by Anonymousreply 208April 24, 2021 8:45 PM

Iced & Soft - sent you both friend requests from my alt accounts - I only have you on one each.

I saw a family out today who I chatted to when I did a raid at the same time as them. I trade the little boy a Pansage caught by our International Catching Syndicate and today traded him a Bouffelant which he promptly put into a gym. His dad asked me if DCIJaneTennison was my wife. God I laughed.

With a lucky egg to get the bonus XP and loads of friend level upgrades I did over a million XP today, so now only 5.4 million to get to level 45!

This site is good to find new friends on BTW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 24, 2021 9:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!