Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does this Floorplan of the Golden Girls House Make Sense?

There is a bedroom in a very weird place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 18, 2022 7:46 PM

Get. A. Life. OP!

by Anonymousreply 1August 7, 2020 4:23 AM

Not really, but here's a Sims 4 rendering. Which one of you queens made this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 7, 2020 4:24 AM

This whole floor plan debate would be resolved by the removal of the bathroom remodeling episode from the cannon, much like the Gospel of Judas was left out of the Bible.

by Anonymousreply 3August 7, 2020 4:35 AM

What an absolutely annoying twat that little bitch boy with his Sims house is. Couldn’t stand more than two minutes of his stammering drivel.

by Anonymousreply 4August 7, 2020 4:48 AM

I really never got into this show but did they ever sit on the veranda? The only times I ever saw it they were in the kitchen or living area.

by Anonymousreply 5August 7, 2020 4:57 AM

I don't ever remember them going to the bathroom on the show, so I don't know how anyone would know where the bathrooms were placed?

by Anonymousreply 6August 7, 2020 5:00 AM

R5

Yes, the girls used the veranda quite often. Remember when Stan first showed up and towards end of show Dorothy was sitting out on the veranda, he goes to say "goodbye" or something, and she lets him have it with both barrels.

by Anonymousreply 7August 7, 2020 5:00 AM

R6

Only episode recall actually seeing any bathroom on GG is when the girls did their own plumbing.

Otherwise it was always just referred to as when Rose says she stops drinking all fluids after 8PM, and Dorothy counters that Rose gets up to go to bathroom frequently at night keeping her awake. This could only make sense if the two shared a room, or the bathroom was near at least Dorothy's bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 8August 7, 2020 5:03 AM

R4 Were you really expecting something else from someone who re-created the Golden Girl's house in the Sims 4? He has to be a DLer, he mentioned Mamie Eisenhower pink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 7, 2020 5:05 AM

Sometimes they only had one bathroom... other times they each had a bathroom in their own rooms.

by Anonymousreply 10August 7, 2020 5:13 AM

If you think this house made no sense...

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2020 5:13 AM

That floor plan is based on the pilot episode.

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2020 5:25 AM

R10 & R11

No, GG house doesn't make sense, nor did it as seasons wore on where it did indeed seem as if all four girls had their own bedrooms with private bathrooms.

For house that size it would be a stretch for master bedroom to have own private bath with one or two bedrooms sharing another. That house also didn't have a powder room which meant guests would have to have used one of the bathrooms off a bedroom. This isn't practical if the only way to reach would be going through one of the bedrooms.

But we're talking about television here sets have their own requirements that do not necessarily match whatever home is used for outdoor shots.

Pick a house; The Stephens place on Bewitched, The Brady's home, and so many others floor plans do not nor could not match sets. Bewitched was famous for that back staircase added when they redid set after a fire. It went no where nor could it because the master bedroom was above that area. They also added another bedroom above the living room which would have been impossible given height of living room ceiling.

by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2020 5:25 AM

Four women sharing a house with only two full baths? Insanity.

by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2020 5:33 AM

Yeah, obviously R13. I'm pretty sure we're all aware of that.

by Anonymousreply 15August 7, 2020 5:44 AM

Where is the door from the outside to the back eight of the kitchen? Also,. where's the door from the Lanai? I know the floorplan is wonky, but even this one is slightly off

by Anonymousreply 16August 7, 2020 6:00 AM

The floor plan looks normal to me. That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 17August 7, 2020 7:10 AM

Honestly, I’ve wondered about this. The bedrooms are all down the same hallway, though. They all walk out from the same place when they wake up or go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 18August 7, 2020 7:19 AM

R11 Yeah, the interior of the Runnymeade house used as the exterior for "Roseanne" is absolutely awful. It's totally cramped. & for the longest time was typically rented by local college students.

by Anonymousreply 19August 7, 2020 7:31 AM

R4 I found him endearing. Sounded like a cute little nerdy gay guy; his cat is even named after Bea!

by Anonymousreply 20August 7, 2020 7:36 AM

People expecting realism from sitcom sets, characters’ salaries, etc, are some of the dumbest people who post here.

by Anonymousreply 21August 7, 2020 7:41 AM

Seems like Blanche would have had the master bedroom with its own bathroom, which is on the left. However, whenever Blanche flounces to or from her bedroom, she’s going / coming on the right side.

by Anonymousreply 22August 7, 2020 7:41 AM

Not to mention, R21, that discussing and debating the details of the layout of a house used on a sitcom about four old ladies is about the frauiest thing that ever fraued. All the Frau hatred here really is pretty much jealousy of straight women.

by Anonymousreply 23August 7, 2020 7:49 AM

Is it just me or does it look like some kind of hallway running from the bedroom on the left to the others on the right along the back of the house?

by Anonymousreply 24August 7, 2020 7:52 AM

No one CARES, Rose!

by Anonymousreply 25August 7, 2020 8:15 AM

The narrator of the sims vid sounds cute although he thinks Blanche is Sophia's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 26August 7, 2020 10:20 AM

I'd recreate the house if I could.

by Anonymousreply 27August 7, 2020 10:27 AM

r21, just for you:

[quote]This thread and others make me think that Datalounge is basically a secret underground civilization of people who have never seen the actual world above. The only clues they have to it are some ancient videotapes of the complete series of "I Love Lucy" and "The Golden Girls," and they watch these over and over again, obsessing about them, going over every last detail, and wondering just how life in the sunlit world above can possibly correspond to the details of what they're seeing on the holy videotapes.

by Anonymousreply 28August 7, 2020 10:35 AM

All the bedrooms were down the same hall. Its only in the pilot episode that Blanche's bedroom is off to left. That was quickly nixed along with their gay cook.

This floorplan is blatantly wrong.

by Anonymousreply 29August 7, 2020 10:40 AM

Too many old, OCD, delusional fat farts in here. I'm suffocating!!!

by Anonymousreply 30August 7, 2020 10:40 AM

R28 people need to stop posting that tedious writing in these threads. The day DL doesn't have a recent Golden Girls is the day that JLo wins an Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 31August 7, 2020 10:41 AM

The bathroom remodeling episode did establish there were two. Blanche has her own bathroom, and then there is a hall bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 32August 7, 2020 10:43 AM

It made much more sense for Blanche to have her bedroom off the lanai. And how the hell did Freida Claxton see into their bedrooms when she lived across the road and the girls' bedrooms are AT THE BACK of the house?!?!

by Anonymousreply 33August 7, 2020 10:46 AM

What makes even less sense, OP, is why you are debating floor plans of a sitcom from 35 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 34August 7, 2020 11:17 AM

It’s the garage placement that makes no sense to me. They walk into the kitchen to the right from the living room. The door to the garage is to the left in the kitchen, just past the wall telephone. Which seems like it would lead into the area where the bedrooms are.

by Anonymousreply 35August 7, 2020 11:28 AM

[quote] They also added another bedroom above the living room which would have been impossible given height of living room ceiling.

You forget, R13, a witch lives there, so it IS possible.

by Anonymousreply 36August 7, 2020 11:36 AM

I have a 300 sq ft apt in Manhattan. The floorplan is a square.

by Anonymousreply 37August 7, 2020 1:20 PM

[quote]What makes even less sense, OP, is why you are debating floor plans of a sitcom from 35 years ago.

Are you new here?

Anyway, we see them all coming from the same hallway, but we really don't know if that hallway has another hallway off to the right where the additional bedrooms are. The series also makes it seem like there is some kind of back door and parking area behind the kitchen, since characters and service people are regularly seen entering through that door.

by Anonymousreply 38August 7, 2020 1:58 PM

[quote]I really never got into this show but did they ever sit on the veranda? The only times I ever saw it they were in the kitchen or living area.

Veranda? It's a LANAI. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 39August 7, 2020 2:08 PM

They all had their own bathrooms in addition to the main bathroom.

It was a five bath/four bedroom house.

by Anonymousreply 40August 7, 2020 2:08 PM

And they all had pretty spacious bedrooms.

by Anonymousreply 41August 7, 2020 2:14 PM

Not consistently r40.

In the bathroom repair episode they directly say with that one broken they would have to use Blanche's bathroom. Indicating there is one house bathroom and Blanche has the master with her own bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 42August 7, 2020 2:55 PM

R9

Mamie Eisenhower Pink???

Oh, my sides !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 7, 2020 2:56 PM

In the "Grab That Dough" episode, when they return home Blanche says she's going to take a long bath. Rose says "me too." Blanche says that they only have one bathtub. Rose says she wants the deep end, or some nonsensical shit.

by Anonymousreply 44August 7, 2020 3:11 PM

Even though the maker of OP's video wasn't born when the Golden Girls were on TV, he does look like a promising dataloungerling: he wears his pullover fierce as a caftan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 7, 2020 4:08 PM

In order to make the floor plan work, the house would be an elongated upside down T-shape.

Pretty sure Blanche's bedroom is at the end of the hall, Rose's is second to the left, Dorothy's is second to the right and the main bathroom and Sophia's are first on the left and right respectively.

by Anonymousreply 46August 7, 2020 6:32 PM

How did Freida see into their bedrooms from across the street?

by Anonymousreply 47August 7, 2020 7:00 PM

Two bathrooms for 4 ladies sounds dreadful. There should have been 3 bathrooms. Would have been OK for Dorothy & Sophia to share a bathroom. (Rose and Blanche should have their own bathrooms.)

by Anonymousreply 48August 7, 2020 7:04 PM

Wow! The house looks so different now! Look at the zillow listing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 7, 2020 7:33 PM

If I had the money, I would buy that house and gut the interior and remodel it to look like a realistic version of the set on the show.

I wonder what they did with all of the furniture after the show ended?

by Anonymousreply 50August 7, 2020 7:40 PM

That furniture was hideous R50.

by Anonymousreply 51August 7, 2020 8:47 PM

We also see the bathroom when the girls catch Sophia in the shower with Mr. Weinstock.

by Anonymousreply 52August 7, 2020 8:52 PM

Blanche's bedroom was especially hideous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 7, 2020 8:53 PM

R52 That was Dorothy in the shower with the candlestick.

by Anonymousreply 54August 8, 2020 1:43 AM

Note the red decoration on the just above and to the right of Rose’s head in this picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 8, 2020 2:37 AM

Did they move to the other side of the kitchen? See to the left of Sophia’s head.

Also, what are those black/colorful decorations to the right of Sophia’s head?

And is that a dick and balls on the wall to the farther right of Sophia’s head?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 8, 2020 2:39 AM

Sophia had her own bathroom in the episode when she marries Max. She locks herself in it prior to the ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 57August 8, 2020 3:01 AM

I thought they were at a wedding hall when Sophia locks herself in a bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 58August 8, 2020 3:24 AM

No, R58.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 8, 2020 3:26 AM

I think that's a lobster-shaped Jell-O mold, R56. I remember seeing something similar in the Bunkers' kitchen and thought it was a dick and balls, but on further inspection, it turned out to be a lobster Jell-O mold. The decorations to the left of her head appear to be decorative (fake) red onions and I think the darker things that look almost black would be some other decorative (fake) peppers or something.

by Anonymousreply 60August 8, 2020 3:40 AM

Why would someone go to the trouble of drawing a floor plan for the house based on the pilot? Or did that drawing actually come from someone who worked on the show way back then? That bedroom in the far left ‘wing’ is ridiculous. Also, since when was the lanai that expansive?

by Anonymousreply 61August 8, 2020 4:01 AM

No formal dining room? Really?

by Anonymousreply 62August 8, 2020 4:53 AM

R60

For some reason Blanche was big on copper molds; she crammed that kitchen full of them. Why I don't know, she must have loved to polish things because copper is a PITA to keep bright.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 8, 2020 8:22 AM

[quote] No formal dining room? Really?

At least there was no open concept!

by Anonymousreply 64August 8, 2020 8:26 AM

Wait ... the house was actually in Brentwood, LA, CA. It's for sale, $2.999 million, 2,901 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 8, 2020 8:30 AM

We discussed this in another thread. By the 1960's formal dining rooms were fading out of new construction. Dining areas off the living room was another matter.

Blanche's house had a dining area on other side of living room near windows that looked out onto patio (or whatever you want to call it). Think in later episodes it may have been reduced to a few chairs and small table. It wouldn't have mattered because the girls never used any other place to eat besides kitchen table.

Don't have time atm to do the research, but more and more Blanche's house seems like a vacation home or some place a married couple moved to when downsizing. Blanche had a few children and there was no way her, the husband and three or more kids all would have lived in that house. It just doesn't work to my mind's eye.

by Anonymousreply 66August 8, 2020 8:36 AM

Here's a more realistic floor plan. 3 of the bedrooms are all in that one hall. Blanche's BR is the first door on the right (with its own bathroom). There's still one bedroom off to the left side with its own bathroom. 3 bathrooms, total.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 8, 2020 8:41 AM

R66 sometimes they ate at the large table on the lanai

by Anonymousreply 68August 8, 2020 9:38 AM

They should do a Brady Bunch project with the real exterior GG house and remodel the inside to match the set.

by Anonymousreply 69August 8, 2020 10:25 AM

Who cleaned their house? Did they have a cleaning service once a week? 4 women can be messy.

by Anonymousreply 70August 8, 2020 3:30 PM

R63 Who stole the roof?

by Anonymousreply 71August 8, 2020 3:34 PM

Thanks, r28; I think you've got it figured out.

by Anonymousreply 72August 8, 2020 11:13 PM

R70

Apparently the girls divided household chores among them, though you never saw any lift a finger.

There was an episode where Rose forgot to do something or whatever and Dorothy and Blanche were ganging up on her, in her defence Rose went on about how she "washed the mop" after it had been used. When they kept harping on Rose stood her ground saying "I cleaned the god damn mop..." or words to that affect.

Of course in beginning Blanche had Coco the gay houseboy; but he was written out and that was that. IIRC the addition of Sophia as part of main ensemble cast would have made things too unwieldy with Coco remaining. Show as "Golden girls", not golden girls plus "one of the girls".

That being said there was and still is plenty of cheap labor in Florida (immigrant women) who work as dailies. The girls easily could have pooled money each week to have someone come in to do the major housekeeping.

by Anonymousreply 73August 8, 2020 11:25 PM

Didn't they have a voodoo witch as a housekeeper?

by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2020 3:46 PM

She was a law student who wanted an easy gig where she could study when the girls left in the morning. Her name was mar-guar-eet

by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2020 3:51 PM

R74 Just for a week. She could have come back.

by Anonymousreply 76August 9, 2020 7:57 PM

Dorothy did the hoovering and general maintenance, Rose did the dishes, cleaned the windows and bathrooms, Sophia cooked and helped with laundry, Blanche did some light dusting and took care of the plants.

by Anonymousreply 77August 9, 2020 9:00 PM

Sophia does the cleaning. Remember, Dorothy makes her move the furniture for food.

by Anonymousreply 78August 9, 2020 9:02 PM

Sophia also moved furniture.

by Anonymousreply 79August 9, 2020 9:02 PM

Dammit!

by Anonymousreply 80August 9, 2020 9:03 PM

Sophia was helping Dorothy with her vacuuming by moving the furniture.

by Anonymousreply 81August 9, 2020 9:05 PM

Do you think any of the girls snored? Or left the toilet in poor condition?

by Anonymousreply 82August 9, 2020 9:06 PM

When Rose is fixing the toilet she pounds on the pipes and Morothy comes in and says her bed is on the other side of that wall.

by Anonymousreply 83August 9, 2020 9:26 PM

Except for the very rare occasions that Sophia cooked (lasagne al Forno), I imagine these girls eating really boring foods (Stouffer's frozen meals would be exciting for these girls' palates). (Since we're talking about who does what housework - point is, nobody cooks.)

(They don't make their own cheesecakes, either. Ice cream would be non-premium.)

by Anonymousreply 84August 9, 2020 9:46 PM

Rose was always cooking some crazy Scandinavian dishes r84.

by Anonymousreply 85August 9, 2020 9:47 PM

But I doubt anybody else (besides Rose) would actually eat Rose's cooking, R85.

by Anonymousreply 86August 9, 2020 10:06 PM

R55, it’s confusing because your first pic has been flipped. The fridge was always on the right not the left, as can be seen in R63's pic. The microwave was next to the fridge, until Blanche got her pacemaker, when it was removed for her safety.

by Anonymousreply 87August 9, 2020 10:07 PM

They obviously cooked.. they had a Goddamn catering company AND a sandwich truck!

by Anonymousreply 88August 9, 2020 10:14 PM

R88

Was just thinking about that little ditty while doing housework this morning.

It also reminded me that the girls weren't all that wealthy; they kept launching various "get rich quick" or whatever schemes like that aborted catering business.

by Anonymousreply 89August 10, 2020 12:14 AM

Dorothy and Rose were looking to rent a room somewhere, of course they didn't have money.

Blanche is the only one who is supposed to have some money.

by Anonymousreply 90August 10, 2020 12:19 AM

Their money situation changed based on the plot of the week. I'm rewatching the first season (which is basically the same 4 plots told over 22 episodes) and in one episode Dorothy is flat broke and in the next she's giving Sophia $1200 to fly to Italy.

by Anonymousreply 91August 10, 2020 12:44 AM

If the GG were around today they'd all be extremely wealthy by opening OF Accounts.

by Anonymousreply 92August 10, 2020 12:45 AM

Rose's cousin "Little Sven" was hot!

Poor Blanche, always thinking hot young guys were into her, only to be let down time and time again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 10, 2020 5:05 AM

I don't think I remember them ever dining indoors while entertaining guests. They always went out to the lanai. The house is very nice, but I'm not sure it's worth 3 million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 94August 10, 2020 5:19 AM

R94 for some reason I remember an episode where they did dine indoors. They had a table set up in the living room, in front of the hallway. I can't remember what episode it was in though.

by Anonymousreply 95August 10, 2020 5:24 AM

R94 - for that location in Brentwood, it is worth every penny and is likely already under contract (I have not bothered to look at the listing again). If it isn't, it's due more to COVID's effect on the real estate market that is coming FAST and HARD soon.

by Anonymousreply 96August 10, 2020 5:26 AM

I will tolerate OP's floor plan.

by Anonymousreply 97August 12, 2020 10:23 AM

When your "architect" of TV sitcom dreams draws a floor plan that doesn't look like a fucking Hallmark Xmas snowflake card I'll look at it.

Is the floor plan laid over the snowflakes, or the snowflakes over the floor plan?

by Anonymousreply 98August 12, 2020 10:29 AM

The snowflakes are trees, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 99August 12, 2020 9:57 PM

I'm just going to say my mind is blown.

Also, I thought Sophia slept with Dorothy. I didn't realise there were four bedrooms.

Again: mind blown!

by Anonymousreply 100August 12, 2020 10:02 PM

They all had their own bedrooms.

Remember episode where Florida has a cold snap and the heating system goes out? First Dorothy, then one by one all the others end up in Sofia's bed because she's the only one with an electric blanket.

When Blanche's grandson comes to stay while his Yankee father and Blanche's daughter sort out their marriage Dorothy moves into Sophia's bedroom so the kid can have hers.

In fact it does seem whenever someone comes to stay it is usually Dorothy who gives up her room to bunk in with Sofia. A situation that never fails to generate laughs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 13, 2020 10:30 AM

when Sophia moved in, did she get Coco's room? So Blance had to let him go?

by Anonymousreply 102August 13, 2020 10:50 AM

Coco never lived there, the girls would be freaked out by his nocturnal activities. Blanche knew full well she couldn't have more than 2 renters but she just got greedy after the Shady Pines fire.

by Anonymousreply 103August 13, 2020 10:52 AM

It would have made more sense if the house belonged to Dorothy and she had to take in 2 paying guests after the divorce. That way Stan feels comfortable still dripping over when he wants to and Sophia moves in, no objections.

Blanche could have been tossed out of their stately home after George dies as the first son always inherits.

by Anonymousreply 104August 13, 2020 10:56 AM

I'm rewatching. Each bedroom was spacious and had a private bath. Blanche had either 5 or 6 kids, so they must have shared rooms.

by Anonymousreply 105August 13, 2020 12:45 PM

I never got the impression that Blanche's kids ever lived in that house.

by Anonymousreply 106August 13, 2020 2:08 PM

No some of them shared as Sophia's new husband walked in on Dorothy in the shower. What a sight that must have been!

by Anonymousreply 107August 13, 2020 2:20 PM

It has been well established that during the majority of the show at MOST they had 2 full bathrooms. There were one offs when they all had their own en suite when it was convenient for the story.

by Anonymousreply 108August 13, 2020 5:06 PM

I think Sophia's bathroom could've been a half bath.

by Anonymousreply 109August 14, 2020 2:22 AM

R108: Which is ironic, because now that we have seen the REAL floorplan of the actual house, there are actually 4 bathrooms in the house.....

by Anonymousreply 110August 14, 2020 2:35 AM

Dorothy has her own bathroom in the episode when Rose's sister visits. She mentions that she left a message on Dorothy's bathroom mirror.

by Anonymousreply 111August 17, 2020 1:57 AM

I base that off of the episode where she comes out locking herself in it.

R111 Dorothy's could also be a half bath.

Which bathroom did she shower with Max? Her own?

by Anonymousreply 112August 18, 2020 5:53 AM

^ "AFTER locking herself in it."

by Anonymousreply 113August 18, 2020 5:55 AM

The implication is that Dorothy had a full bath in the episode mentioned at R111. Rose left the note on Dorothy's mirror because it was the only one, "with enough steam," from the shower.

by Anonymousreply 114August 18, 2020 11:23 PM

Does the floorplan show the exclamation mark carved in the door?

by Anonymousreply 115August 19, 2020 4:05 AM

Are you dead yet, R30?

by Anonymousreply 116August 19, 2020 4:56 AM

The house had no bathrooms. We shat on the floor like normal people.

by Anonymousreply 117August 19, 2020 9:25 PM

That was part 1 r57. In part 2 of Sophia's Wedding it goes back to Sophia is sharing a hall bathroom with Dorothy. Max accidentally joins Dorothy in the shower. No consistency even in a two partner.

by Anonymousreply 118August 19, 2020 10:52 PM

Maybe Sophia was hiding in the closet but thought it was the shitter?

by Anonymousreply 119August 19, 2020 10:56 PM

Blanche's decorating sucked. Every chair in that living room area matched and had the exact same fabric. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

by Anonymousreply 120August 22, 2020 6:21 AM

It was designed for the production of a television show.

by Anonymousreply 121August 22, 2020 6:23 AM

I always wished they had shown the medical stirrups that Blanche had in her bedroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 22, 2020 10:01 AM

As seen in the opening credits, Blanche's bedroom is supposed to be behind the door that is at the very end of the hallway (from the episode, "Job Hunting," where Blanche says she is jumpier than a virgin at a prison rodeo). Rose's room is to the left and Dorothy's is to the right, Directly across from Rose's.

If you base ever changing floor plan on this episode, presumably Sophia's room is directly next to Dorothy's, at the start of the hallway, to the right.

Following this setup, there doesn't seem to be room for any standalone bathroom in that hallway.

by Anonymousreply 123August 25, 2020 1:48 AM

In that same episode mentioned in R123, it's funny because you can see directly out the back of the living room, which is their lanai, or other outdoor space, and in doing so, it shows that there is no way there can be a bedroom where Rose's room is. If there were, there would only be a wall visible through those doors.

by Anonymousreply 124August 25, 2020 1:52 AM

Just watched the scene where Rose fake seduces Elliot and it gave me a glimpse of how the show would've been if Betty White played Blanche instead of Rue.

by Anonymousreply 125August 25, 2020 2:28 AM

Blanche wasn't coming from her bedroom in that episode R123 she always used the communal bathroom when she needed to do a number 2. Couldn't take the stink if it were in her ensuite

by Anonymousreply 126August 25, 2020 9:55 AM

I like a hall instead of coming straight into the living room but I guess that's more practical for a sitcom?

by Anonymousreply 127August 25, 2020 1:02 PM

Went to a taping, the UFO episode. They did some scenes on the lanai and the set was exactly where it seemed on the show tucked behind the living room and we had to watch the monitors for those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 128January 30, 2021 5:22 PM

Why did they have a gardener if it was only that little pocket of concrete?

by Anonymousreply 129January 30, 2021 5:39 PM

They had small half baths in their room except for Blanche. The full bath would have on the left of the house or across from Sophia's room in the front of the hallway.

Btw, Sophia usually moved into Dorothy's room. Not Dorothy moving into Sophia's room. Sophia's room was smaller than the other three.

I never understood where the garage was. It was suggested it was from the kitchen, but that is where Dorothy and Sophia's room would have been unless there was a long narrow hallway then the garage opened up.

by Anonymousreply 130January 18, 2022 1:44 AM

Something that always bothered me was it was three women with three cars, whenever they showed the inside of the garage there were no cars in there and there were no cars ever parked in the driveway.

by Anonymousreply 131January 18, 2022 1:47 AM

R131 But that Blue gray car was always shown pulling up!

by Anonymousreply 132January 18, 2022 1:53 AM

R130 The 2 car garage is in the front of the house (like the stock photo suggests).

The small laundry (off the back left of the kitchen behind the wall phone) is never mentioned in any episode but Dorothy comes out of it once with a laundry basket. In many episode you can see that it has the same wall paper as the kitchen (so no garage is there). The girls never use the door to the garage in front of the kitchen table (they would be walking into the cameraman) so one will announce that she is going to the garage then goes thru the laundry, out the back door & around to the garage's side door along the fridge's wall (seen in an episode about the garage - the minks one or the becoming an extra bedroom one perhaps?).

Many viewers think that because they announce that they're "going to the garage" & then leave (exiting back left) that the garage is behind the house (not in the front as the stock photo suggests).

Blanche also does her "Blee Och" reading of the bleach label in 1 laundry episode suggesting that she has never seen/heard a bottle of it in her 5 decades plus on the Earth. Yeah right.

by Anonymousreply 133January 18, 2022 2:34 AM

This version has another bathroom. 3.5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 18, 2022 4:35 AM

Did they at least have toilets in their bathrooms?

by Anonymousreply 135January 18, 2022 7:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!