Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Navy SEALS video shows dog attacking subject with Kaepernick jersey

The Navy SEALs will suspend their support of the National Navy SEAL Museum after videos showing dogs attacking a man wearing a Colin Kaepernick jersey during a demonstration last year went viral last weekend, according to the Associated Press.

The National Navy SEAL Museum, located near Fort Pierce, Florida, is a nonprofit organization not overseen by the military.

[quote] “Each and every one of us serves to protect our fellow Americans — ALL Americans. Even the perception that our commitment to serving the men and women of this nation is applied unevenly is destructive,” Rear Admiral Collin Green, who heads the Naval Special Warfare Command, wrote in an email to his forces on Monday, according to the Associated Press.

[quote] “We will revisit our relationship with the Museum when I am convinced that they have made the necessary changes to ensure this type of behavior does not happen again.”

Video resurfaced on Sunday from a K-9 demonstration at the museum last year that showed dogs attacking a man wearing a Kaepernick jersey. A second video showed the dogs taking the man down, who later said, “Oh man, I will stand” — clearly referencing Kaepernick’s protests during the national anthem, something that has taken off across the sports world in recent weeks.

In another video, after “Navy SEALs and Navy SEAL dogs take down Colin Kaepernick for not standing during National Anthem,” he moans something like, "Oh man, I will stand”

The Navy SEALs launched an investigation on Sunday, calling the “inherent message” displayed in the video “completely inconsistent with the values and ethos of Naval Special Warfare and the U.S. Navy.” The organization said that it believed nobody involved were active duty Navy personnel.

[quote] “While the museum is an independent nonprofit organization and the participants were contracted employees from outside the [Department of Defense], in many ways, these facts are irrelevant,” Green wrote in the letter, which was given to the Associated Press under the condition of anonymity. “We have been inextricably linked to this organization that represents our history.”

[quote] “We may not have contributed to the misperception in this case, but we suffer from it and will not allow it to continue.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2020 7:56 AM

Why are Deplorables so full of hate?

They are fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2020 10:34 PM

Yes, already a thread. Learn to search.

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2020 10:36 PM

I used to love Navy SEALS.

Now I wish they would all drop dead.

Fucking cunts.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2020 10:38 PM

Americans are trash.

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2020 10:45 PM

Military = DEPLORABLE

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2020 10:51 PM

I wonder if the October 10, 2020 "Heroes on The Bluff" sponsored by the Navy Seal Museum will be cancelled. Part of the $250 a seat event:

[quote]Experience an exciting live Tactical Demonstration with U.S. Navy SEALs and their working dogs on the Sunrise Lawn.

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2020 10:58 PM

Oops, forgot the link. Keynote speaker is one of our favorites: Retired Admiral Bob Harward

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2020 10:59 PM

Navy SEALS can fucking burn in hell for all I care.

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2020 11:00 PM

Misleading.

While the described videos are despicable, and the US military is not without issues, the pasted content from the article indicates it was an organization “supported” by the SEALS and no SEALS appear in the video. The Navy is discontinuing their association with the organization because of the videos.

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2020 11:11 PM

What organization was involved in the video, R9? SEAL events usually use 'real' SEALS.

Description of scheduled October 10 fundraiser:

[quote]Experience an exciting live Tactical Demonstration with U.S. Navy SEALs and their working dogs on the Sunrise Lawn.

Sounds like the upcoming dog demonstration will involve US Navy Seals as usual.

Please tell us the name of the 'organization' that was involved in the video.

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2020 11:24 PM

R2 Where is this other thread? I've searched (both DL and Google) and can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2020 3:59 AM

I’m over here! HELP!

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2020 4:03 AM

Americans are suckers in supporting "anyone" that aligns with their political or religious beliefs. There are so many organizations (NRA), that are so corrupt in their management of donation monies. In recent years, I have decided to stop giving Christmas presents to family and friends. I know each person's personal interests or causes. Before donating a gift in their name, I always review the 990 forms and look at websites that evaluate their expenditures. Only then will I make a donation.

by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2020 4:33 AM

Seal of Disapproval.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2020 5:06 AM

Do people still aspire to be Navy SEALS or Army Green Berets? Are the reputations too overblown?

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2020 7:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!