Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen Exposed By Former Producer on Television

Ellen is a nutcase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2021 12:11 AM

Yes, she is.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2020 6:38 AM

Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad.

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2020 8:02 AM

So Jennifer Aniston is going to take over her show?

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2020 8:48 AM

Really? This is the first we here at the Datalounge have heard of it. Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2020 9:10 AM

Do celebrities who give Ellen cred have no idea they're treated differently from staff? That they're sucked up to? Are they that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2020 9:43 AM

[quote]Are they that stupid?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2020 9:45 AM

Insane. This woman has no reason to lie and I believe her. All the gossips were true.

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2020 9:50 AM

Lezzos are mean by nature.

Why all the surprise?

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2020 9:52 AM

I've never cared for her, but isn't this fairly typical for Hollywood? I mean, Johnny Carson, beloved late night tv icon, was a genuine SOB off camera.

I assume the strain from years of faking a nice persona on camera just makes the person behave even more badly when the cameras are off.

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2020 10:13 AM

I dont care if it's a dude or a dyke, that kind of behavior is so over played in Hollywood and it's time for it to stop. I lived and worked there for years, it's very common and not just by the clebs. Producers and anyone with just a tiny bit of power seem to act that way. It's almost like some shtick they assume they must do to fit in, only they truly don't care who they hurt. I swear Hollywood is like magnet for every egotistical asshole from outside the state it's not even funny. Which is really in contrast to most native Californians who are a lot more laid back and less driven by money and fame.

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2020 10:31 AM

This old hag was fired in 2004. She seems nuts. I’m no fan of boring Ellen, but this woman is obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2020 10:36 AM

[quote]I dont care if it's a dude or a dyke, that kind of behavior is so over played in Hollywood and it's time for it to stop. I lived and worked there for years, it's very common and not just by the clebs.

Exactly, r10. People acting like this is a conspiracy are missing the point. Ellen's reputation took a sudden and deep dive recently because she's reached critical point. Same as race relations this year.

We were 4 years into Trump, 2 years post Weinstein, and 4 months into a global pandemic. Something gotta give, and did. Ellen is a psycho, and all cops are bastards.

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2020 10:39 AM

I don't know that I can trust anything that comes from underneath that kind of hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2020 10:40 AM

I think it’s bizarre that a Hollywood career is being destroyed because a person is a jerk. I worked for a nonprofit that had an annual Hollywood awards show and then did an annual event on Capitol Hill. Among stars, their managers and handlers, and politicians, 80 percent or so were flaming assholes even though they were there in the interest of a charity/public health. Call them what you want—divas, demanding, egomaniacal, rude, jerks, condescending. They were all of that. The friendly people were the exceptions by far—so I’ll name a few: Julie Andrews, Jamie Lee Curtis, Penelope Cruz. The nastiest person I encountered at that job was an absolute snake in person, and that was John Kerry.

I am not defending Ellen DeGeneres. I think it’s gross and I lost all interest in working with the entertainment industry in great part because of how people treat one another. I still think it’s weird that she is being singled out. The producer in the video said that Ellen used one of her staff as an ‘attack dog’ so that Ellen could save face. So why does the public (and especially gay men and women) celebrate people like Mariah Carey and Barbra Streisand for being ‘divas’ who likewise use their staffs to make demands and abuse everyone around them?

Even Melissa fucking Rivers did this when I worked with her. She was all smiles and pretty chatty one on one but she was aloof, and she was orbited by a manager with a permanent five o’clock shadow who was basically Jeremy Piven from Entourage. Rivers would stand there smiling while her manager dude, standing three feet away, would bark at everyone and demand that she be taken care of/spoiled. He was clearly hired to be her ‘attack dog’ or ‘bad cop.’

It seemed to me that this is a standard part of the industry. This, in addition to megalomania, nepotism, selective entry to work as favors to friends, other kinds of discrimination, ego-based hierarchies, and onset abuses all destroyed my Hollywood fantasies during my limited experiences.

I was at CBS Television City one time and witnessed a director screaming at a soap opera actor take after take after take to the point the actor looked like he was going to collapse in tears. It looked like abuse to me. And the crew stood around just doing their jobs. And I imagined the hot-dude actor going out to restaurants and clubs and being treated like a god, binge drinking and doing drugs, and then going to work where he’a treated like trash, and I honestly thought in that moment that D.C. (where I grew up and still live) is not half as bad as I thought it was as long as you don’t work on the Hill for someone like John Kerry.

So Ellen is mean. I’m not going to say ‘big deal’ because it’s shitty. But it’s not a surprise. It’s common.

This is like when people have been AGHAST over the past couple of years to learn about the casting couch. Who ever heard of a Hollywood casting couch?! The revelation rocked the world!

I don’t understand why everyone today has silently, collectively agreed to pretend to be shocked about things that are not surprising at all. Everyone is faking it.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2020 11:04 AM

[quote]So Ellen is mean. I’m not going to say ‘big deal’ because it’s shitty. But it’s not a surprise. It’s common

It's an issue because her TV schtick is entirely about presenting herself as a fun, nice, generous, non-scary lesbian in order to make a lot of money from middle American soccer moms.

Ellen and her network aren't going for the same audience than idolises messy divas like Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2020 11:56 AM

R15 I understand that her TV persona is different than her real-world one. She is, however, performing, after all.

Johnny Carson was a renowned asshole in real life while playing a goofy, fun-loving guy on TV. Joan Rivers spent her career trying to gain sympathy for Carson’s awful treatment of her and no one cared. Carson is still highly esteemed as THE ultimate late-night talk show host.

Like Ellen, Carson regularly had middle-American guests on his show to talk about their lives. Like Ellen, he abused people behind the scenes while being lovable on camera.

It’s common. They are performing. They’re not even claiming to be on ‘reality TV.’

As a talk show host, is Ellen supposed to galumph out as an angry, spiteful creature and spew venom at her guests?

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2020 12:05 PM

[quote]I don’t understand why everyone today has silently, collectively agreed to pretend to be shocked about things that are not surprising at all. Everyone is faking it.

You had me until that last line. It reeks of unresolved Hollywood bitterness from a scorned pessimist.

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2020 12:06 PM

R10 sounds like academia. Lots of bullying and abuse by tenured faculty.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2020 12:09 PM

News Flash : Johnny Carson is dead to me. 15 YEARS AGO! And his show was dead long before that.

Times have changed Gramps.

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2020 12:09 PM

R19 If times had changed, then mean people wouldn’t still be paid tens and hundreds of millions by TV networks for playing nice on camera.

See also:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2020 12:11 PM

R14 tell us more stories if you can! Who else was an Asshole?

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2020 12:13 PM

Academia is a lot less intense R18. For one thing, you cant just become a college professor because daddy said so. You cant make outrageous personal demands of assistants that involve illegal activity. You can actually complain and get people fired and removed from their job if they are doing something unethical. In Hollywood that would never happen, it's all about the money.

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2020 12:13 PM

With all the shit going on, so what, who cares? Ellen is mean... hardly a revelation.

by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2020 12:13 PM

The old lady in op looked like a maga

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2020 12:30 PM

R21 I don’t really have a whole lot to tell. I was based on the East Coast and went out to LA once a year to work on the production of an awards show, and so that’s about the extent of my interaction with entertainment people.

One person who was a particular asshole to me specifically was one of the stars of the TV show “Heroes.” It was a big show at the time. He said something to me about returning his car to him without scratches or something, the joke being that I was his valet. Which I was not. It was just weird. Anyway, I didn’t know his name then, I don’t know it now, and his show was canceled the next season.

Most of the very rude and pretentious people I witnessed acting out were starlet types—young C- and D-list types.

A surprising number of celebrities of all levels were literally ‘handled’ by their handlers. They came in together, the handler would point where to stand and pose on the red carpet, the celeb would return to the handler like a trained dog. The handler would introduce himself to someone and then turn and whisper to the celeb and the celeb would smile and nod and shake the person’s hand. Sometimes, if the celeb were talking to someone, the handler would grab them by the arm and literally pull them away and reprimand them. It was very fucking weird to me to watch.

My interactions were limited. As I said, Jamie Lee Curtis, Penelope Cruz and Julie Andrews were among the ones who were very nice and friendly to me personally and interacted like regular human beings. Likewise Judith Light and Leeza Gibbons, of all people. Barbara Eden seemed very nice but aloof. Vanessa Williams came across as a very serious executive type, all business, but she was really warm. A coworker-friend of mine (who is very pretty) became instant buddies with David Carradine and they smoked together and chatted like normal people.

Per DL lingo, I’d have to describe Melissa Joan Hart and Danny Bonaduce as “cunty.” Hart reeked of weed and Bonaduce seemed high on something else.

Oh, and this will come as a surprise to no one, but another coworker-friend of mine, who was 23, was working the press line and James Woods asked her flat out if she had heard the rumors about his dick. She said no. He told her he has the biggest dick in Hollywood and told her he will show her later. She said no.

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2020 12:32 PM

More gossip, please! I believe everything you say!

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2020 12:41 PM

[quote]Give me a break.

I think a drink might be more in order r14.

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2020 12:48 PM

R7 No reason to lie? She got fired 16 years ago when the show was at the peak of its popularity.

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2020 12:51 PM

"It's an issue because her TV schtick is entirely about presenting herself as a fun, nice, generous, non-scary lesbian in order to make a lot of money from middle American soccer moms."

Was not the same thing true about Rosie O'Donnell .........aka..... "The Queen of Nice"?

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2020 12:57 PM

This woman looks pretty down and out from her photo. Maybe what she says is true but it looks like a money grab to me.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2020 12:59 PM

I’m wondering...if Ellen was a straight male would there be this level of outcry? Isn’t Hollywood full of dicks and phoneys? Why is this being treated as revelatory?

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2020 1:00 PM

Gays are such a powerful lynch mob. You gotta love it. None of this Would have happened if if the gay sjws hadn’t been sniffing around t try king to create mess for the past year.

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2020 1:02 PM

In an Instagram post Tuesday, former Ellen Degeneres Show DJ Tony Okungbowa said he "did experience and feel the toxicity of the environment" during his tenure as the show's resident DJ. The performer, who currently stars in CBS' Bob Hearts Abishola, also said he supports former Ellen staffers who have spoken out about alleged mistreatment they faced on set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2020 1:03 PM

R22 variations on all of that have happened at my university

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2020 1:06 PM

[quote] I’m wondering...if Ellen was a straight male would there be this level of outcry?

Would a straight male even have a big show/career based on “credentials” like Ellen? I don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2020 1:11 PM

The press completely ignored the bombshells that Tom Cruise physically abused his sea org slaves and forced abortions on them..

Until the media treats toxic men the same way they treat allegedly toxic women, I'm not joining in this lynch mob

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2020 1:18 PM

A good friend's father worked on Carson's Tonight Show until his exit. He said that while he was fairly distant, he was never unprofessional and never yelled at the crew. He sort of came in, did his job and went home. So he might have been an asshole at home, but not at work. Very significant

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2020 1:18 PM

R37' There arent stories about Ellen yelling at crew and being distant is the thing shes being accused of.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2020 1:22 PM

This doesn’t have anything to do with being a lesbian or female, it has to do with masculinity. We’ve been sniffing out macho “abusers” like Truffle Pigs for the last 5 years. If Ellen we’re a straight fem woman in charge, demanding and abusive as fuck, with some hot pink lip gloss on, we’d be like “Yassss! Kweeen!!! Live your empowered life! Yasss!!!”

There has been a monumental shift in the workplace in the last 10 years and so many employees have the attitude of emotionally stunted children turned Grifters now. In many industries it is impossible to manage people now, because if you don’t instill fear they don’t do their job and will run all over you; if you do instill fear they’re running to HR for an “abusive workplace”. If you think people just walk into a job ready to work then you’ve never been in management.

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2020 1:33 PM

[quote]It’s common. They are performing. They’re not even claiming to be on ‘reality TV.’As a talk show host, is Ellen supposed to galumph out as an angry, spiteful creature and spew venom at her guests?

r16, She's selling a fantasy in order to make money from advertisers. She's not supposed to let the mask slip. Ellen has been letting the mask slip for a good decade. The reason that this story has legs is that her Frauen fans are hearing of her insincerity and the advertisers will respond in turn. It's about money. It's about nothing more but money.

She is not supposed to cringe when audience members try to hug her when she gives them huge amounts of money and expensive prizes. She's not supposed to appear gleeful as she torment people in pranks . She's not supposed to pal around with a war criminal ex-president. She's not supposed to passive-aggressively argue with Dakota Johnson and expose herself as a liar. She's not supposed to act like she's imprisoned in one of her $50 million homes during the biggest economic downturn and public health crisis in a decade.

She's making herself unsellable.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2020 1:43 PM

R37 That sounds like reports about Ellen. Most complaints are that she is aloof/distant/uninvolved and that people are told not to make eye contact (which is admittedly weird). The big “bombshell” one earlier this week was that her producers were aggressive and she joked that it’s useful to have ‘dogs’ around to do the dirty work. I’ve had plenty of good cop/bad cop bosses.

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2020 1:51 PM

Harvey Weinstein made his employees watch his fat ass shower and jerk off into a potted plant.

Ellen didn’t say hi for three years.

These are equally egregious. Burn them.

by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2020 1:52 PM

When will the revelations about that backstage viper Arlene Francis start? Not only could staffers not talk to her or look at her when she was in the studio, but she also made them wear a goddamn facemask!

And don't get me started on that drunk Dorothy Kilgallen or Bert "Handsy" Cerf!

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2020 1:53 PM

Ellen ends her show everyday with "Be kind to one another". She's refused to have certain celebrities on her show because she thought they were bullies. For years, her whole mantra was about showing respect and tolerance. So yeah, there's going to be a bit of backlash when it's shown that she hasn't walked the walk. Melissa Rivers isn't promoting herself as some peace and love guru.

And yes, it can be done. Fred Rogers, Dinah Shore, Dolly Parton, Doris Day, Betty White to name a few are/were all beloved by the public and you never really heard a bad word about them from people who associated with them. If you want the "Sweetheart" image, you have to put in the work. It's that simple.

Furthermore, I don't get why these celebrities can't be honest with the public when they get called out on their bullshit. No one buys that she didn't know, and it's such a pathetic cop out. Sit down and be honest with the public. Admit you've built an image on something that you don't really follow through on. That you've made mistakes. She's made the situation worse by not admitting any culpability in it. And it's making her come off as a phony.

Rosie was smart. She knew the Queen of Nice image couldn't be sustained so she got out before the mask completely slipped. Ellen should have done the same. But she didn't. And it's really no one's fault but her own.

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2020 2:16 PM

"". She's refused to have certain celebrities on her show because she thought they were bullies"

Only Kathy Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2020 2:19 PM

[quote]James Woods asked her flat out if she had heard the rumors about his dick. She said no. He told her he has the biggest dick in Hollywood and told her he will show her later. She said no.

I would've asked if it was as pockmarked as his face.

by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2020 2:30 PM

At least Kathy Griffin isn’t a fake ass bitch

by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2020 2:41 PM

Maybe Ellen's mask has finally eaten her face?

by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2020 2:43 PM

I don't think her relationship with celebrities is relevant in any way to how she treats the crew and employees. I agree, there are many bosses like her. Lots are terrible with people, have big egos,don't care about the little people but they do their job well in terms of objectives and outcomes.

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2020 2:56 PM

Kathy’s a thin skinned hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2020 3:01 PM

the reason Ellen is being picked on is because she has spent her entire show on promoting "nice". Always do for others, always be nice to others. If she hadn't spent all her time promoting this no one would even care what she's been doing.

by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2020 3:17 PM

R35 Absolutely not!

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2020 3:26 PM

R16 Definitely the way Carson is remembered today despite the fact that we now know that Carson was a total asshole off camera, does have a touch of misogyny to it.

There is still a mentality that powerful men who treat their subordinates like shit are just being ambitious, but women who do the same are monsters. Though, I do wonder if Carson was on the air today, if he'd get away with it to the same degree. It's somewhat forgotten now, but Carson had a feud with Fred Rogers for a period of time. You basically have to be a piece of scum to have Mr. Rogers pissed at you.

Joan Rivers was treated unfairly by Carson. Basically, by the late 80s, it was known Carson was planning on retiring. It was though that Rivers, who had been named permanent guest host and filled in for Carson regularly, would be the top contender to replace him. However, Carson allegedly told Edgar (Joan's husband) that he nor NBC were or would ever consider Joan replace him because of her gender. So when Fox came calling, Joan jumped on the opportunity (and rightfully so) because she knew there would be no future for her at NBC after Carson left. I think his reaction actually highlights his own insecurities because the reality was, Rivers was actually a funnier comedian and in some ways, a better host.

Interestingly, Rivers who was known for being a harsh, tell it like it is, comedian who didn't give a fuck about hurting people's feelings, was actually a kind person in real life. Joan had a reputation for being a good employer (when she died, most of her staff had worked for her for 20 to 30 years) and very kind to her fans.

by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2020 3:53 PM

R53, oh fuck that. Rivers was a professional victim who even admitted she made a mistake with Carson. Rivers was NEVER a better interview than Carson. She could be amusing in small doses but NBC turned out to be completely correct in predicting the public could never tolerate her for more than a week or so at a time.

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2020 3:56 PM

Carson never had a feud with Mr. Rogers. He did a skit, Rogers didn't like it, told Carson that and he apologized. How often did Rivers apologize to anyone?

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2020 4:00 PM

They let Rivers fill in because she was no threat. The longest gig of her life was being a cunt on the red carpet. She doesn’t play well to middle America.

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2020 4:03 PM

Does anyone remember Jay Leno making a harmless joke about Kathy and her breaking down in her limousine and crying? Maybe Ellen was on the money when she called her a “bully”.

That is a case of the bully getting bullied.

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2020 4:03 PM

It must have been rough working there, that woman in the video is 35 years old!

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2020 4:34 PM

Can you keep the 36 Ellen threads to a single thread?

You’re disrespecting other people’s threads.

by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2020 4:36 PM

Kevin Hart rushes to Ellen's defense. It must be only gay men he hates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2020 4:40 PM

r5 I'd like to draw your attention to Whoopie Goldberg. . .

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2020 4:42 PM

Unless she committed a crime, get over it. This woman sounds deranged about getting fired 16 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2020 4:42 PM

r14 If you've never worked in entertainment then you don't know what you're talking about.

While out in the non entertainment world your references and resume can help you get another job in the same field even if you leave one company on bad terms. A mistake or bad relationship will not necessarily follow you forever. Several fuck ups or bad experiences might follow you but at that point you'd need to look in the mirror.

Conversely in entertainment one person can stop you from ever working again in the entire industry and that person could be at any level. It could be a producer, one of the actors or talent, head of one of the departments who is well connected. . . Everything do you in entertainment involves so many people and over the years you have come in contact with and worked with hundreds of people, you need to have a good to great reputation unless you have immunity by being well connected. It's even possible that a production assistant (lowest on the totem pole) could fuck your life up if they are WELL CONNECTED. Word spreads fast in the entertainment community, within hours I've seen it happen. Something happens on at set anywhere in town and by the end of the day just about everyone working has heard about it and I'm not exaggerating.

So that is why people have such fear about their jobs in entertainment. It's an industry built very very strongly on who you know and who does or doesn't like you.

by Anonymousreply 63August 5, 2020 4:54 PM

Please keep your diatribes to the all things Ellen thread.

This and all other Ellen threads are closed.

by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2020 4:58 PM

It's time for Muriel to start deleting Ellen threads. It's some deranged stalker.

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2020 5:00 PM

R63 Can you please share some interesting gossip or examples of the things you just gave? I believe you, but I love good gossip!

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2020 5:14 PM

Gotta say people are proving the misogyny argument on this thread. Someone mentioned Joan Rivers being nicer than Johnny Carson (who was a certified nightmare to work for) and most ppl responding defend Carson. Ellen is terrible to work for, no doubt, but so was Leno, so is Dr. Phil, so was Anderson Cooper (if the NYC rumor mills are true) and yet no one goes after them.

by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2020 5:42 PM

R44 Rosie was sold to us as “the queen of nice” and then proved on The View she’s not nice. She has a martyr/savior complex.

Not to mention that she pretended for sooooo many years to have a hetero crush on fucking Tom Cruise of all people!

I’m fine with Rosie, but it’s fair to point out that PEOPLE ON TELEVISION ARE NOT WHO THEY PLAY ON TELEVISION.

It’s, like, a rule. See also Matt Lauer, Diane Sawyer, Barbara Walters, Maggie Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2020 5:56 PM

Yeah, it’s wrong to suggest that Joan Rivers didn’t like Carson because he wronged her and that’s all there is to criticize about Carson. Nope. He was well known to have been punitive, mean spirited and vindictive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 5, 2020 6:01 PM

I think Carson had some mental health issues, maybe bi-polar. He seemed fidgety and always to be suppressing manic energy. Serial marriages; a profligate cheater; short-fused and hot-tempered.

by Anonymousreply 70August 5, 2020 6:07 PM

Joe Namath says Johnny Carson was “a nice guy”...except when he was drunk, then he was “mean.” Here, he says Carson slapped a linebacker while he was drunk at a party as his apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 5, 2020 6:07 PM

Carson sounds kind of the way Ellen is described...just unhappy.

“He looked splendid and strode out there with that charismatic charm. A popular king applauded by his people. And it was so ironic because he was the most socially uncomfortable man I think I ever met. He couldn't chat with people. It's a little obvious to say I think he was only happy for that hour or hour and a half of his day, but I think it was true.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2020 6:12 PM

Johnny Carson wasn't lecturing people every night on his talk show about being kind to one another. The trolls are getting more and more desperate.

And will someone give Ellen at R68 her daily dose of vodka?

by Anonymousreply 73August 5, 2020 6:25 PM

Hilarious how every thread that somehow mentions Rivers always ends up talking about Carson. Rivers got over Edgar's death quicker than she got over Carson, which she took to her grave. Rivers' fans are equally obsessive.

by Anonymousreply 74August 5, 2020 6:27 PM

Joe is still handsome, just much older.

by Anonymousreply 75August 5, 2020 6:28 PM

R67, I've never heard Dr. Phil or Leno being difficult to work with. Another Joan Rivers fangirl trying to cause problems. Incidentally, there are plenty of people blasting Corden for being vile, so take your misogyny argument up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2020 6:30 PM

R53 "known for being a harsh, tell it like it is, comedian"

It's called a HYPHEN. Please use it so your sentence is intelligible to your readers.

by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2020 6:38 PM

They all play characters. I would say 90% of Hollywood is not who you think they are. When I was much younger I moved to Vegas for a few years and worked at the Hilton doing nails. Joan Rivers used to get her nails done there and she was completely opposite from her stage persona. She was very soft-spoken and very sweet. After seeing her stage performance I was shocked at how nice she was.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2020 6:46 PM

A lesbian friend of mine worked at a bar in West Hollywood. It was at the time she was hooked up with Anne Hesche. She said they both came in and Anne was a sweetheart, but Ellen was a total cunt. I've been hearing several stories from others in L.A. who have encountered or worked with her as well.

by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2020 6:53 PM

I was done with Ellen after the George Bush pal-around and the Kevin Hart bullshit. Let the wolves eat her, she's trash

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2020 6:54 PM

Her true side is on full display whenever she tortures audience members on her talk show or contestants on Game of Games. She delights in humiliating them and seems to derive so much pleasure from it. It comes across as mean and sadistic. She treats her producer Andy the same way. Hell, she loves to scare big-name guests as well.

The celebrities rushing to her defense are hardly impartial judges of, or particularly knowledgeable about, how she treats her staff. Also, I thought that we were supposed to believe the accusers, unless and until their claims are shown to be untrue and baseless, and not immediately shut them down by bolstering the accused with irrelevant narratives about how good they otherwise are. (“Your Honor, my client couldn’t possibly have stolen that money because he sings in the choir, loves his family, and fosters homeless animals.”)

I’ve worked with and interacted with a number of celebs over the past few decades, and they have run the gamut from very nice (Lynda Carter and Harvey Fierstein), to quite pleasant but a little bit crazy (Betty Buckley), to raging jackass (Mandy Patinkin), and total diva — “don’t anyone dare look at me” — bitch (RuPaul).

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2020 7:33 PM

Hollywood should've swept Ellen out the door when they canceled her first show. And she's NEVER been funny. Never.

by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2020 7:49 PM

Suzanne Somers defended her on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2020 10:07 PM

R83, thanks for the breaking news. I guess it’s settled. Somers says.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2020 10:19 PM

Suzanne Somers is trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote]Not to mention that she pretended for sooooo many years to have a hetero crush on fucking Tom Cruise of all people!

You're not too bright are you?

by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2020 10:22 PM

Someone on another site made a good point that this really began snowballing when Ellen chucked her staff in lieu of scabs at the beginning of the pandemic. That was likely the last straw and the staff was ready to let loose with all that had gone on. She's also expensive for the network and an anachronism during these times. The show was banal to begin with but who wants to watch Ellen dance during these times? They probably want to offload her. I wouldn't doubt that she has gotten high-handed with the suits because she felt she was indispensable. Everyone is replaceable.

For those defending her, do you really enjoy watching her show? I've never made it past a minute. She just seems like a ball of barely-concealed rage who's just waiting for the taping to be over so she can plow into the vodka.

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2020 10:26 PM

The Ellen Show resumed filming this week for the Fall 2020 season. Ellen will remain host.

by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2020 11:03 PM

It will be interesting to see who shows up on her show.

by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2020 11:31 PM

I Stand With Ellen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2020 11:41 PM

R83 The best news in this saga. R89 A-listers may say no

by Anonymousreply 91August 5, 2020 11:41 PM

Carson never pegged himself a Niceness Saint. Their was no hypocrisy in his comedic vs human acumen. I was too young to watch him live, but he seems like a smug, pompous dick even on camera.

Hell-en does just the opposite. That's what I don't like. I don't know if she should be cancelled, however. I'd give her a chance to change. Being mean isn't necessarily illegal. It's just boring and cliche.

by Anonymousreply 92August 6, 2020 12:11 AM

People are really doing the most. How many of the people angry even watch Ellen anyways? Mute her social media accounts and shut the fuck up please.

by Anonymousreply 93August 6, 2020 12:14 AM

Now that it is out that she is not a nice person it is going to be hard for people to watch her and not think "what a hypocrite." Someone posted their account of being a studio audience member to her show. What a fucking nightmare. It sounded like one of the most unpleasant experiences.

by Anonymousreply 94August 6, 2020 12:22 AM

It's time for Ellen to go regardless. She hasn't updated her style since she became big in the 90s. That tired lesbian hairstyle and dressing like an adolecent boy is not flattering for a woman entering her golden years.

by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2020 12:23 AM

Gina Rigatoni in OP's clip has 2 Emmys. There are people who experienced the same hell in other jobs and got nothing.

by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2020 1:22 AM

Hedda's only other credits are Ron Jeremy: Life After The Buffet" and "Glitter Girls Transexuals In The Raw"

by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2020 1:46 AM

David Muir is not supposed to be nice.

Waiting for his me too.

by Anonymousreply 98August 8, 2020 11:18 PM

She worked there for a year. It's been 16 years. Disgruntled former employee if there ever was one

by Anonymousreply 99August 8, 2020 11:26 PM

This woman was fired. Of course she has reason to lie.

by Anonymousreply 100August 9, 2020 2:15 AM

R86 I still don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 101August 9, 2020 3:05 AM

Why did Rosie pretend to be a gay man on her show? Her obsession with Tom Cruise, Barbra Streisand, and Broadway musicals makes no sense in retrospect.

by Anonymousreply 102August 9, 2020 3:06 AM

What's the status with the show, anyway? It seems the news about Ellen has gotten really quiet. Is she coming back next month or is she gone?

by Anonymousreply 103August 9, 2020 3:09 AM

She only is coming back for dumb cunts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 9, 2020 4:50 AM

Ellen eats old people’s excrement!

by Anonymousreply 105August 9, 2020 5:30 AM

I can’t believe I studied language in college and writing in grad school to become an adult in a world in which people are compensated for writing:

“15 ‘Ellen’ Moments That Now Have Me Side-Eyeing Hard No...just no.”

...and “This!” [embed series of tweets by random Twitter activists]

by Anonymousreply 106August 9, 2020 6:57 AM

Rosie loves musical theatre--no prrtense. She has a nonprofit that she funds that is a musical theatre camp for teens from lower-income backgrounds.

by Anonymousreply 107August 9, 2020 7:23 AM

Rosie and Whoopi both defy the stereotype of the gay (male) Broadway fan, but they both love Broadway theatre and musicals as much as Randy Rainbow does. It’s their culture as actual, born-and-raised New Yorkers. Both of them escaped their upbringings through the fantasy of stage productions. It’s ridiculous to suggest that Rosie O’Donnell ‘pretended to be a gay man’ because she is so exuberant about musical theatre.

That said, the fake crush on Creepiest Man of All Time Tom Xenu Cruise is pretty loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 108August 9, 2020 7:28 AM

R104 You and the author of that buzzfeed list are the dumbest cunts of all.

by Anonymousreply 109August 10, 2020 6:13 AM

How is this bitch still going?

by Anonymousreply 110February 8, 2021 6:43 PM

What did John Kerry that was loathsome? Am curious. His wife Teresa is supposed to be a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2021 12:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!