Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively 'deeply and unreservedly sorry' for plantation wedding

I realize that he is Canadian, but what part of plantation did he not get in 2012?

" Ryan Reynolds says he regrets having his wedding at Boone Hall.

Reynolds and Blake Lively got married at the plantation in Mount Pleasant in 2012.

In a recent interview with the magazine Fast Company, Reynolds said it’s something they he will always be “deeply and unreservedly sorry for.”

According to the article, Reynolds had posted a tweet praising the Black Panther movie in 2018 which sparked a viral response accusing him of hypocrisy due to holding his wedding at Boone Hall Plantation whose past includes the use of slaves.

Reynolds told Fast Company that he is still pained by the hurt the wedding caused as well as his own lack of judgement.

“It’s something we’ll always be deeply and unreservedly sorry for,” he said.

The couple has since donated millions of dollars to civil rights organizations."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2020 1:54 AM

Why a Canadian and a Californian wanted to get married on a plantation is beyond me. It was trashy, but I think they've more than made up for it.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2020 12:52 AM

What’s his skin color?

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2020 12:53 AM

Reese and Ryan held their shotgun wedding at a plantation in Charleston, just a few miles away.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2020 12:57 AM

No apology for their shitty movies?

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2020 12:58 AM

Remember when she was trying to be like Goop and had a lifestyle brand that did a whole feature glamorizing the antebellum south? I think her website folded pretty soon after that.

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2020 12:59 AM

FFS, it’s a wedding venue. People really need to calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2020 1:01 AM

I had completely forgotten about that R5.

This is from 2014.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2020 1:06 AM

I’m surprised a bunch of woke white folks haven’t started a go fund me to buy the place and burn it down. And who are they kidding that anyone actually cared enough about their wedding to be offended?

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2020 1:06 AM

Did Paula Deen cater the affair? Sounds as if she would have jumped at such a chance at round two.

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2020 1:10 AM

The plantation tours around Charleston are actually pretty cool. Many of them, especially Middleton Place, address the slavery issue repsectfully and do not ignore it. I feel badly now that because of all of this these plantation museums won't be able to rent out for weddings. I'm afraid that loss of revenue could cripple some of them.

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2020 1:12 AM

How tone deaf. Might as well have gotten married in Klan robes.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2020 1:12 AM

And he has a tiny penis!

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2020 1:15 AM

MOVIE STARS FIND NEW WAY TO GET ATTENTION.

FFS, it's not the building's fault there was slavery. If the wedding isn't favourably referencing the building's past, who cares? R10 is right: wedding receptions are used the world over to keep stately homes maintained in these expensive times.

Next MeAgain will be apologising for getting married at Windsor Castle because people were imprisoned in it 500 years ago. (Or because it's a new way to get attention: you choose.)

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2020 1:17 AM

R11 Well she was in white and had headgear.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2020 1:17 AM

Remember when he dated Alanis?

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2020 1:17 AM

R15 Which songs are about the abuse he inflicted on her?

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2020 1:21 AM

R8 made me LOL. My sentiments exactly.

Who was even looking for them? Shut up, you two.

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2020 1:46 AM

Justin Bieber and the Baldwin chick had a second wedding at a plantation turned luxury resort.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2020 1:49 AM

Hilarious. Now every woke Hollywood actor will have their wedding venue scrutinized. Where was Meryl Streep married?

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2020 1:49 AM

They wouldn’t have had to do this if they hadn’t paid extra to have the lawn jockeys on the property.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2020 1:52 AM

Ryan Reynolds is a snarky little twat and I want to poke him in his squinty little eyes and punch his pointy little feet nose.

Fuck him and his trashy wedding.

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2020 1:53 AM

*FERRET nose.

A perfectly good rant destroyed by fucking autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2020 1:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!