Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

All Trump's Lies From The Jonathan Swan/Axios Interview

Sort of mind-blowing to see them all listed out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 7, 2020 1:26 AM

Jonathan Swan was cute

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 8:15 PM

It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 8:28 PM

Jonny Swan yum.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 8:39 PM

First things first. Jonathan Swan is SO HOT. I lust after him.

Trump is utterly demented. Delusional. Psychotic. He belongs in a mental ward of a locked down hospital. This interview is absolutely staggering to watch.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 8:44 PM

This interview makes the Sarah Palin/Couric interview from 2008 look like a lecture by Mark Twain. And that interview not only ended the McCain campaign, but finished off Palin's future political career as well.

Are democrats finally going to start demanding this man resign, since the Republicans won't? Are the media going to step up and demand it?

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 8:52 PM

He seriously needs to resign. He is a sick person.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 8:57 PM

Resign? He needs to be in a Psych ward. Frankly, he should've been in prison all of this time - for both his personal and professional behavior.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 9:00 PM

He looks so silly and pathetic, huddling over those simplistic charts, on a tiny chair. I almost feel sorry for him, so pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 9:34 PM

I wonder why he wanted such a short, baby chair?

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 9:37 PM

Dat ass

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 9:38 PM

Gemini lies it’s nothing new...

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 9:43 PM

The good thing (I hope) is that after Wallace and Swan, every journalist who interviews Trump is going to feel they need to outdo them in calling him out on his lies.

So no safe spaces outside of Hannity, Carlson and Ingraham.

And OAN, I guess ,but they have such limited distribution in the US

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 9:51 PM

If I were in the Democratic Party I would have this interview playing non-stop on every channel. It shows how horrifyingly stupid the idiot is.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 9:52 PM

Swan: How do you think history will remember John Lewis?

Trump: I don't know. I really don't know. I don't know. I don't know John Lewis. He chose not to come to my inauguration. I never met John Lewis, actually, I believe.

Swan: Do you find him impressive?

Trump: I can't say one way or the other. I find a lot of people impressive. I find many people not impressive. He didn't come to my inauguration. He didn't come to my State of the Union speeches. And that's OK. That's his right. And again, nobody has done more for Black Americans than I have. He should have come. I think he made a big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 9:53 PM

What do we know about Jonathan Swan? Sexy accent, sexy body, handsome face.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 9:54 PM

Jesus Christ, those answers at r14. I mean, c'mon America. Really?

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2020 9:59 PM

Why don’t the US press treat him like this ? A foreigner has to do our work???

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2020 10:00 PM

I thought those simplistic charts helped explain why Trump thinks the US is doing great. The people around him are giving him charts that show the US is doing better than Europe in one metric, and apparently nobody is explaining to him, in language that he can understand, that the US is doing badly by other metrics. The buck stops with Trump, but man, his staff is really, really shitty.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2020 10:09 PM

100% R18--they are afraid to bring him bad news. It's literally The Emperor Has No Clothes

And R15, Swan is a nice Jewish boy from Australia whose father was a media figure over there. He is married to a reporter at Politico, but don't know much about her.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2020 10:12 PM

Bring back the guillotines!

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2020 10:15 PM

But her EMAILS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2020 10:59 PM

That was exhausting and infuriating to read.

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2020 11:10 PM

Oh, no wonder I find him so hot. I always find myself attracted to hot, intelligent jewish boys.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2020 11:58 PM

He's married to Betsy Woodruff, on MSNBC. Married quite recently (6 months ago?).

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2020 12:39 AM

Lucky bitch. He's hot, and IMO much more attractive than she is. I like her though.

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2020 12:40 AM

Per Wikipedia: Betsy Woodruff Swan is an American journalist who is currently a national political reporter for Politico and contributor to MSNBC, Swan married Axios reporter Jonathan Swan on September 14, 2019.

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2020 12:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2020 6:13 AM

The reaction shots of Swan at some of Trump's more absurd answers are worth watching for alone. I think Swan must have realized quickly that this would be a goldmine and made the most out of it. If he never does another thing, this interview will go down in journalism history.

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2020 7:29 AM

Holy shit, I just finished watching the Trump interview and my heart is actually throbbing with a crazed thumping. WTF did I just see. What an intense shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2020 7:47 AM

I commend those of you who could watch.

The very sight of that fat orange vermin sickens me to no end, let alone hearing him.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2020 7:56 AM

[quote] He looks so silly and pathetic, huddling over those simplistic charts, on a tiny chair.

It ain’t the chair that’s tiny. It’s the lardass sitting on it.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2020 1:30 PM

David Tyler Muir should be strapped into a chair and forcibly made to watch this piece over and over again, until it sinks into his grease laden cranium on how to property conduct an interview with a pathological liar.

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2020 1:34 PM

BEST ONE YET!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2020 1:43 PM

Muir is 100% who everyone is thinking of when they say that Wallace and Swan showed how to interview Trump.

The good news is that Swan and Wallace are now the bar, and ever journalist is going to want to outdo them in exposing Trump. (The usual right wing suspects excepted, but not even Tucker Carlson's mother expects him to be tough on Trump.)

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2020 1:49 PM

Trump lied people died. Trump lied people died.

My mom was so excited to vote for Joe Biden. I'm sorry she didn't get to see that day.

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2020 1:50 PM

That seems to be the chant R35

A variation I've heard is "20 thousand lies, 150 thousand died."

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2020 1:51 PM

Sorry about your mom, R35.

I’ve never heard “Trump lied people died.”

That’s VERY useful.

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2020 1:52 PM

That’s right up there with Ring Around The Rosie

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2020 1:54 PM

Jeez, R19, "his father WAS a media figure"???

Please don't knock off Dr Norman Swan, who is the leading media figure reporting and advising on Covid 19 in Australia. Arguably more trusted than the Chief Medical Officers. His podcast "Coronacast" is rating its ass off for the ABC. He has compered ABC's The Health Report program forever.

It was pointed out on TV here (where in made the news) that what was really interesting about this interview was that Trump didn't just get huffy and storm out or start name-calling: on the contrary, he seemed to be trying to impress Jonathon. Any thoughts on why?

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2020 2:04 PM

He does not realize how badly he comes off R39 as he is constantly surrounded by "yes'-men who tell him his bullshit is brilliant

And his natural instinct is to try and charm people by lying to them. Or at least people he thinks he can win over.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2020 2:10 PM

[quote]He looks so silly and pathetic, huddling over those simplistic charts, on a tiny chair.

But at least he's not a competent black woman, which is far worse and why I'll vote for him again!

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2020 4:54 PM

R35, according to Republicans, your mother will still vote for Biden because Dems commit voter fraud

by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2020 6:32 PM

R39, from what I’ve gathered for some time, Trump likes Swan, which explains why he granted him the interview & didn’t take offense to questions a woman, particularly one of color, couldn’t get away with.

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2020 6:40 PM

R42, funny thing is my mom was more moderate than really a democrat. She hated Trump with a passion, that's why she was so geared up to vote for Biden. At one point when she was in the hospital and they were asking her the orientation questions when they asked who the president was she replied, "Trump, unfortunately".

I will serve her memory well in November no doubt about that.

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2020 6:43 PM

He’s married to lantern-jawed Betsy Woodruff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2020 11:32 PM

And Betsy Woodruff started out in conservative media.

by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2020 11:33 PM

^^Dats a man!

by Anonymousreply 47August 6, 2020 12:10 AM

Well for years it seemed like Swan was more or less and conservative also. He has redeemed himself here but even conservatives are against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 48August 6, 2020 12:20 AM

Yes, Swan has been conservative for years, but his father is a media physician who is currently giving Australians information on coronavirus. So I’m pretty sure he knows Trump is a fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 49August 6, 2020 12:57 AM

Damaging—David Muir’s reputation today.

by Anonymousreply 50August 6, 2020 1:07 AM

Swan was certainly plenty angry during the interview. That regularly jiggling foot gave it away.

by Anonymousreply 51August 6, 2020 11:36 AM

I didn't see Swan as angry. I saw him as determined, prepared, and calculated, in the best journalistic way--and that fantastic swinging foot showed his readiness to pounce every second. He could barely contain himself. FINALLY we're getting some real calling on the carpet with this fucking criminal and murderer in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 52August 6, 2020 1:25 PM

Swan could do better than that revolting tramp.

by Anonymousreply 53August 6, 2020 2:00 PM

What's interesting is that Axios was originally positioned as center-right--the founder Mike Allen is the son of a prominent conservative/John Bircher and he and Jim vander Hei were both previously at Politico, which was also thought of as center-right.

Who knows what passes for "center-right" these days but both Axios and Politico are very anti-Trump and, like many others are now flat out saying "Trump lied"

by Anonymousreply 54August 6, 2020 2:04 PM

[quote] But at least he's not a competent black woman, which is far worse and why I'll vote for him again!

He is not a homophobic cartoon character that makes real journalists cringe when they see him try and make the story about himself.

There you go, one trick pony. FIFY.

But really. Get some new material. We moved on from that two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 55August 6, 2020 2:20 PM

R55, apparently sarcasm is a dying form of comedy.

by Anonymousreply 56August 6, 2020 2:43 PM

^touche

by Anonymousreply 57August 6, 2020 2:57 PM

[quote] Well for years it seemed like Swan was more or less and conservative also. He has redeemed himself here but even conservatives are against Trump.

It's very telling that the most hard hitting interviews on Trump have been from conservatives. Liberals already trying to deflect by saying that Trump would have been hostile to a POC interviewer. Nope, it's because the establishment media have no idea how to tackle Trump. They go all in on identity politics and don't focus on issues of substance. Swan was very good and even offered Trump a branch here and there, but Trump is so predisposed to not admitting defeat, that he'll rant and obfuscate even when it's not necessary.

by Anonymousreply 58August 6, 2020 3:45 PM

[quote] They go all in on identity politics and don't focus on issues of substance.

No, they actually don't. You seem not to know what "substance" is.

If -from the moment he started campaigning- they treated him like the supremacist garbage that he was when he USED "identity politics" to demonize certain groups of people and USED "identity politics" to specifically make white people feel as though they had the right to call themselves "American" and anyone else was "other" or specifically targeted in the most vile way by Trump, then he never would've gotten as far as he did. Instead, he was normalized.

That's what I don't get about you people who reference "identity politics" as if only liberals use it. You ignore that it was Trump's entire campaign only he used it to spread hate.

by Anonymousreply 59August 6, 2020 7:09 PM

You also ignore that the Republican Party has been using identity politics for decades specifically to feed the egos of racist, white people - incl. white people who whine about identity politics and think they themselves are not racist.

by Anonymousreply 60August 6, 2020 7:11 PM

Silly Homosexuals

When Trump is being interviewed by someone he feels threatened by (a woman, a POC) then he is just nasty and uncooperative and confrontational. And that's just in the White House press conferences--he'd never go one-on-one with any of them. Hence no "establishment media" interviews, save David Muir who is an attractive man who reads the news, not an actual journalist

On the other hand, Trump thinks Swan and Wallace are on his side, or, at the very least, people he can try and win over and he's too dumb to realize when they are getting the best of him.

by Anonymousreply 61August 6, 2020 7:16 PM

[quote] When Trump is being interviewed by someone he feels threatened by (a woman, a POC) then he is just nasty and uncooperative and confrontational.

Are you kidding me? He didn't even answer the questions. In what way was he being cooperative in this interview? My god, even when Trump fucks up, you still come with bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 62August 6, 2020 7:36 PM

R62 He also kept interrupting Swan, kept making fun of his facial expressions, and going off on his rants. If he acted the exact same way to a POC interviewer, the media would be calling for his head.

by Anonymousreply 63August 6, 2020 7:39 PM

[quote] They go all in on identity politics and don't focus on issues of substance.

You’re right the GOP *does* go all in on identity politics. Lee Atwater admitted it. “Busing, welfare, public housing, public grants & taxes” all mean “black people.” The GOP focused on white people & came up with other words to play identity politics with instead of saying “N——, n——, n—-.”

by Anonymousreply 64August 6, 2020 8:18 PM

Trolls, trolls trolls... just gotta block them and not respond to them.

by Anonymousreply 65August 6, 2020 8:20 PM

how do we know “no he didn’t” and “no it’s not” is the truth, just because the guy Tweeted it. It’s always better to provide a source.

by Anonymousreply 66August 6, 2020 8:26 PM

R64 There are many old progressives like Noam Chomsky who said that the left has focused on race to the detriment of class issues. We have an increasing wealth gap even among high earning racial groups. The left focus on identity issues because that's the only way they can win.

by Anonymousreply 67August 6, 2020 8:55 PM

The right focuses on identity issues because it’s the only way they can win.

by Anonymousreply 68August 6, 2020 10:39 PM

“I’ve done more for black people than any other president since Lincoln”

by Anonymousreply 69August 6, 2020 10:42 PM

[quote]The left focus on identity issues because that's the only way they can win.

Have you paid attention at all to who specifically uses identity to win and has done so for a very, very long time?

“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”-LBJ

In other words, these low white men aren't paying attention to who is economically fucking them over vs. who is trying to HELP them. They're focused on their IDENTITY being coddled and being treated as above all others. That has been the entire platform for the GOP - that's how they get the votes of white idiots who don't even have a pot to piss in, but will vote for people who only make the rich richer. they vote GOP specifically to fuck over others based on their "Identity."

by Anonymousreply 70August 6, 2020 10:44 PM

[quote]Silly Homosexuals

I want a new drug.

by Anonymousreply 71August 6, 2020 10:45 PM

He seemed like a dumb person trying to bluff his way out of a situation with a much smarter person. Talking too much and repeating himself.

by Anonymousreply 72August 6, 2020 11:08 PM

I'm very surprised his staff allowed him to be interviewed by Swan, especially if they've read his articles or seen his appearances. Meaning the guy is very competent, is obviously against Trump, and doesn't have Fox News holding him back from tackling certain issues like Chris Wallace, (I suspect certain things were agreed on before the interview took place with Wallace).

So how was Swan able to get that interview?

by Anonymousreply 73August 6, 2020 11:18 PM

R73 Swan interviews Kushner awhile ago.

by Anonymousreply 74August 6, 2020 11:28 PM

Swan wasn't angry. That jiggling foot jiggled harder with every lie Trump told. Swan's handling of the interview was exemplary.

by Anonymousreply 75August 7, 2020 1:25 AM

r73, Trump has always liked Swan and has, in fact, fed him information in the past that was leaked as being from "a White House insider."

by Anonymousreply 76August 7, 2020 1:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!