Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help Getting Animal Abuse YT Videos/ Channel Off YT

This isn’t about cancel culture, of which I’m totally against. This is a case of YT channels and videos which purport to be about stray animal rescues, but in fact are animals being tortured for the purpose of getting views and subsequent $$$ from those views.

Many people including myself have been trying to get these sick fucks and their sick videos off YT, including myself. You will see that many commenters on these videos are frustrated at how transparently these “rescues” are faked. There are no follow-ups after “rescues” and the YTer just always happens to be there to film dying or injured animals. More often than not these channels are based outside the US. I’d notice channels from Southeast and South Asian countries are into “animal rescues” for views.

This channel appears to be based in Vietnam or I suspect it is. Please if you love cats or other animals, report this video and this channel to YT. Maybe if more people complain this sick fuck will be kicked off the platform and others like him will get the memo to not torture stray animals for money making purposes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 8:08 PM

I saw two of these last week and picked up that they were staged. Such a fucking depressing trend. Other than not clicking on the links and reporting them to youtube I don't know what to do. I won't watch an animal rescue now for a month just so I know I can avoid one of these. I'll watch this thread to see if a cogent plan comes up. Thanks OP

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 5:57 PM

I wish I had a plan. I had no idea it was so widespread but I shouldn't be surprised given that Luka Magnotta started with kitten torture.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 6:14 PM

OMG OP, I totally agree with you!! Just yesterday, I blocked AnimalVictory because I wanted a follow-up on a German Shepherd story, but they kept filling my inbox with new animal abuse stories without any follow-up on the Bella GS case. If someone goes through the trouble of signing a petition (which usually don’t do shit) or donating, the least they could do is provide follow-up emails on the corresponding case. And no, I wasn’t going to continue visiting their site (as they suggested) for just petition number updates - after digging through all the horrible abuse stories. That shit stays with me for days/weeks. I do not just forget about it and move on to the next thing. Need to stay away for my own emotional health.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 6:34 PM

There are videos of people abusing their animals for laughs as "pranking" and the videos have a high amount of views. People don't care about animal abuse; they just like to pretend that they do.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 6:39 PM

God that's depressing.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 6:46 PM

Just report them through YouTube and tweet about it to YouTube, ASPCA, PETA, and news outlets with hashtags like #dogs. Thank you for this OP.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 6:55 PM

R6 - I reported an animal abuse video on YouTube. They kept the video up with a warning saying graphic content, click at your own risk. So, the videos are not removed.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 6:58 PM

I and other commenters have reported this and other videos to YT. We’re frustrated that YT has said it didn’t find anything pointing to abuse. This is the frustrating part. But yes, SM and animal organizations should be made aware of this YT phenomenon. It’s sickening and I find that I can’t stand devoting more than a few hours to this in a day or week without being emotionally affected to the point of near depression and disdain for humanity.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 7:06 PM

But this particular YTer needs to be gone. He has another channel where only kittens are rescued. It’s fucking disturbing the way he just happens to film himself and rescues a kitten trapped in wires. I shudder to think what he does with the kittens, nothing good as he’s in Vietnam. I’m planning to write a letter to the Vietnamese consulate here in SF, with links to this channel and its videos. I’m going to shame them and threaten SM publicity. I’ve emailed PETA and a couple of other animal charities. I urge prople to do the same. This channel needs to be shut down. Bad enough for feral cats living in Vietnam without having a psychopath preying upon them for money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 7:24 PM

You're doing good work, OP. Maybe contact a journalist who has previously written about the lack of moderation of social media?

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 8:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!