Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Products You're Loving Right Now, or 'Let's Not Make This Thread All About Lotion'

I discovered these little earwax cleaners/exfoliators/scratchers and I'm crazy hooked on them!

I have a weird obsession about keeping the inside of my ears clean and I always feel like I have wax buildup or that something's blocking them. That isn't the case but these little silicone exfoliators rake-out (or "scoop") wax and are perfect... (PERFECT!) for those insane ear-itching episodes. Truly one of those little discoveries I'm glad I made. They're also made in the U.S. which is a plus. I've never recommended any item or product on DL but I'd suggested you guys order a box of these.

What are some of the products you're loving right now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 6:17 PM

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 3:06 PM

Must be all those insects crawling in there to breed while you sleep.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 3:11 PM

You're evil r2!

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 3:12 PM

In India roaches crawl in peoples ears all the time

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 3:15 PM

So...only four posts until I wished Muriel would return "block thread" to us.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 3:21 PM

Cakebites Italian Rainbow Cookies, really good, bakery quality.

Target and Walmart.

4 pouches, 3 cookies per pouch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 3:23 PM

This lovely Korean foaming facial cleanser; best I've used, and my husband loves it too. Wonderful cherry blossom scent and very gentle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 3:34 PM

The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Acid toner

Acqua Colonia Blood Orange and Basil Shower Gel

Cosrx Advanced Snail 92 All in One Cream

Buckwheat flour tortillas/chapati/roti/parathas

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 3:45 PM

peppermint Dr. Bronner's

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 3:47 PM

Someone recommended this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 3:51 PM

Polar Seltzer’s Ginger Mule flavor. It’s like ginger ale that’s not sweet. Hits the spot!

Also, OP, your earwax is protective. Don’t strip away too much. My mom (a nurse) used to say “Don’t put anything smaller than an elbow into your ear”.

If it’s too thick, you can get oil to thin it out a bit.

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 3:55 PM

This stuff is great to have on hand for cooking burns, sun burns, insect bites, etc. Instant relief.

Available at the usual places Walgreens, Target, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 6:16 PM

I'd probably pull my brain out w/those ear things. I can get a tad obsessive.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 6:54 PM

Ozium air sanitizer -- someone on DL recommended it and I don't know how I've lived so long without it

TheraBreath Oral Rinse -- best mouthwash on the market, ranked #1 by doctors every time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 6:58 PM

[quote]peppermint Dr. Bronner's

Castile soap has saved me during this time of Covid. I've been struggling with dermatitis flare-ups on my hands and wrists due to all the hand-washing, but switching to Dr. Bronner's and even the CVS knock-off version has made a huge improvement.

Also, I love my Cambridge legal pads, which unlike the cheap kind have heavier paper that doesn't rip if you breathe on it the wrong way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2020 10:15 AM

The ordinary’s squalene cleanser and buffet serum. Fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2020 1:11 PM

Castile soap always leaves a film on my sinks, how does that not happen to you, ri15?

And I really dislike The Ordinary's Squalene cleanser, although I do like their other products.

I'm really loving a product that my germ avoiding OCD sister has recommended, electrolyzed water, which has been approved by the FDA as a sanitizer for CV19. Keep in mind it has a lifespan of 2 weeks, and has to be wet contact for 10 minutes. But I haven't used up any of my bleach or alcohol reserves because of it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2020 3:14 PM

One of the most inexpensive and beneficial products. Lately I've been using on my feet at bedtime with cotton socks and my feet look and feel 10 years younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2020 3:58 PM

OP do those things actually work, or are you shilling? I keep getting ads for that type of product on YouTube, and it’s tempting. If they’re actually effective, then I might have to get myself one.

R11 I’ve been trying the oil-dropper trick, as I am blocked so much can’t hear shit, but I’m not sure if it’s working. Maybe I put too much in? For the past two days I used a syringe and squirted a little into each ear first thing in the morning and last at night, letting each side ‘sit’ for ten minutes (lying down in my side to let it drain into the ear, massaging and pulling back my ear to ease the process). Apparently this has to continue for two weeks to get rid of the wax, which seems a lot - everything I eat or drink tastes of oil, my teeth are sticky, and I can’t use headphones to enjoy music in the evenings like I usually do.

I don’t use earbuds at all and haven’t since my parents used them on me a kid, but still my ears produce so much wax naturally that it’s hard to keep down. I’ve tried candling before and it didn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2020 3:09 PM

Japanese-American, grew up with rice cookers. Just got this. It's fucking amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2020 3:11 PM

Got these yesterday and so far they're great: extremely comfortable (no silicon plug going into my ears). My Airpods Pro were driving me crazy, creating this cellophane ruffling sound from the silicone numbs sticking on themselves. These are awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 3:13 PM

Jesus, r20, I wouldn’t want an appliance smarter than I am.

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2020 3:16 PM

Fabulous nail polish remover and cleaning solvent. Truly, this product is nothing to sniff at.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2020 3:24 PM

Only fat frau CUNTS talk about lotion.

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2020 3:36 PM

Needed to shift a bolt on the chassis of one of my cars, ordinary socket set wasnt up to the job, so went and got this. Got the bolt off in under two minutes, I'd been trying to get the bastard to move for hours before. Good quality, and not Chinese either, made in Taiwan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2020 6:02 PM

Only fat frau CUNTS talk about Fabulous nail polish remover and cleaning solvent.

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2020 6:09 PM

r29, for that price, it better be self cleaning AND wipe your ass.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 6:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!