Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Census: has anyone not filled it out ?

Do you expect a Census worker at your door? Will you answer it?

I think it’s a bad idea to have strangers demand answers to personal questions by pounding on my door during a pandemic. If I didn’t fill out the Census, I won’t fucking respond to pushy desperate assholes at my door. Nobody but a creep would want that job.

Knock knock knock!

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2020 9:14 PM

If you don't want to answer the questions from someone making an in-person visit, then go online and provide your information. No big deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 12:04 PM

Lol. No one is coming to visit during the pandemic. No one. The census will have the lowest compliance this year than ever.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 12:09 PM

I did it online this weekend. Trump is going to cut the census worker visits short by one month. Please, fill out your form.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2020 7:18 AM

I’ve heard that people aren’t filling it out because of anger.

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2020 11:52 AM

I did the online version several months ago, but I keep getting mailings reminding me to respond. I wonder if they're going to show up at my door. I did print out the verification that I completed the survey, so hopefully that will suffice if someone visits.

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2020 11:07 PM

I didn't respond at the last census and they were relentless. I have no idea why I didn't. But I may have just become stubborn in the end. I am a rascal.

But this time I responded immediately when it came in the mail and I mailed it back. I was not getting online to fill it out cause I am paranoid about that with the government - can they tell who I am? Can they trace me? Can they SEE ME????? Yikes.

Of course in my work I am constantly online with the "government" in some form or another. So I guess my fears make no sense or if they do I'm fucked anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2020 11:24 PM

Years ago, when I was home alone, I had this staunchy, balding, middle aged man let himself into the house, volunteering for the concensus. I was so furious, and he still kept being persistent!

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2020 11:29 PM

[quote]Can they SEE ME?????

Why on earth would they want to honey?

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2020 11:31 PM

I am an administrator for a large residential facility. I had to enter over 100 census responses onto a spreadsheet and send it back to them. The census bureau lost it...

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2020 11:38 PM

If you don't fill out the census you're only screwing yourself and your community out of resources allocated by the government.

Census data informs how federal funding is distributed to improve public transportation or determine locations for places like libraries, senior centers and hospitals. Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps (now known as SNAP), public housing and road construction are other examples of federal programs that receive funding determined by data derived from the census.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2020 11:40 PM

Yea, last time I ignored it and someone showed up at my door. Freaked me out. I took the card and called the census myself the next day. This time, I filled it out ASAP. Scared straight!

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2020 11:41 PM

What a classic DL situation. You don’t fill it in and send it in, do it online or anything else. But you are so excited for them to come to your house so you can bitch about somebody knocking on your door. Because your active social life means they will interrupt tour book club, I am sure.

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2020 11:52 PM

I no fill out form. My friend do that, he end up in van.

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2020 11:53 PM

I had some friends who worked for the Census as temp employees in 2010. They said it was always amusing when they got into arguments with people who said they didn't believe in the Census and wouldn't send their form back because the whole thing was a big waste of money. The employees pointed out that it ended up costing the government MUCH more money when they had to send someone out to collect the data in person.

by Anonymousreply 14August 6, 2020 12:04 AM

[quote] Why on earth would they want to honey? —Mom

Oh my god, Mom, Is that you. When did DL turn into a Ouija board. Hi, I'm doing fine and just made some lockdown cupcakes. Hope you're not too bored where you are.

Seriously this reminded me when I had some pictures taken of me in high school and I hated them. Just hated them. Thought they made my nose look too big. I showed my mom and she sweetly said, "Well, what do you THINK you look like, Sweetie?" I was scarred for life.

by Anonymousreply 15August 6, 2020 12:12 AM

The census is a requirement in the Constitution, but I bet most of these people who won't answer the Census are constantly whining because they think Constitution isn't being followed.

by Anonymousreply 16August 6, 2020 1:20 AM

I was signed up to be a census taker but after covid, I was like no thanks. I don't want to be knocking on doors when people are crazy, hostile and possibly infected. Pretty sure they're struggling to get census takers at this point.

by Anonymousreply 17August 6, 2020 1:23 AM

It took me very little time to complete online, and I even learned a new term (Chamorro) in the process. I believe more and more people suffer from oppositional defiant disorder.

i

by Anonymousreply 18August 6, 2020 1:32 AM

I did it online months ago. It was so easy. Like people set up thread you’re screwing yourself out of benefits. With hold a Social Security check or food stamps from people that do not fill out the census. We’ll see how long it takes them to fill it out then.

by Anonymousreply 19August 6, 2020 1:36 AM

Of course the same pearl-clutchers who won't fill out the census forms because they're afraid the government will know too many things about them are the same people who take their phone with them everywhere they go and do all sorts of personal transactions online, from banking to shopping to Grindr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 6, 2020 1:51 AM

Well this is a new one for me, a census worker just knocked on my door asking about the neighbors. Apparently they won't answer, the census worker wanted to know how many people lived there, their ages, their races, if they owned the home. While I know my neighbors and talk to them regularly, I don't know all their business and we don't hang out or anything. I told the census what I knew.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2020 8:14 PM

I filled mine out online the first day it became available.

Had an actual person stop by a couple of weeks back inquiring about the neighbors to the south. Told here I didn't know squat. I'm an old hermit just waiting for the Big Ass Asteroid.

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2020 8:20 PM

You are truly an idiot OP. "At my door" is paranoid and counterproductive. It is a directive laid out in the Constitution and we cannot just stop it.

Not being counted has so many deleterious consequences I can scarcely enumerate them. You have a job to do as a citizen of this magnificent country. Grow up and do it.

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2020 9:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!