Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NY Scammer w Book & Movie Deal

Ultimate in White privilege. How did it happen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2020 6:15 PM

We had long threads on this 2 years ago when it happened. Do you have an update to share, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 6:39 AM

I don't understand how people could find her pretty as she looked like a chubby SS guard to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 6:48 AM

R1, I was around 2 years ago and never read about her. Link please.

What's the progress on her book & movie deal? 1st heard about her today via a Twitter link.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 6:49 AM

We discussed the very article OP linked, which is 2 years old. We hashed it out over and over. So what is the update. It's been 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 6:51 AM

R4, Can't find the DL links on this scammer.

Linked article is from March 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 6:56 AM

r3 Here is a link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 6:56 AM

thank you for the fresh material at R5

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 6:57 AM

R6, Thank you so much for your link to the original DL thread.

R7, Here's another link from March 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 6:59 AM

She's my hero.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 7:01 AM

R7, Here's a better update from July 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 7:01 AM

More details on the Netflix series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 7:06 AM

I was beginning to think that this generation was really boring and blahh, and then an ambitious grifter who looks like a macadamia muffin conned the narcissistic world of corporate celebrity. Mwah! Love her.

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 7:06 AM

NY governmental officials finally do something savvy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 7:26 AM

Wow. Cold mess.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 8:10 AM

I actually can't understand what is really all that interesting about her story, to the point that anyone would pay for it. I'm sure they can spin it to make it interesting, but at the end of the day, anyone conned by her was an idiot. I remember when this happened and reading about it; she is/was not some genius. She basically just lied to a bunch of stupid people who didn't use common sense (if they even had it at all) and didn't engage in an iota of due diligence. And how any reputable bank fell prey to this gal's scheme is baffling. Any documents she produced could have been easily verified in minutes via current technology. Basically, this is a story of some not so smart gal bilking a bunch of even-less-smart people.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 5:38 PM

R15 but that's what's so great about the story -- how easily she conned so many people by simply presenting herself as someone she wasn't. She even conned the Frye Festival guy, who himself was a scammer.

I love her.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2020 5:41 PM

R15 This is a gay site, not a Concerned Team Mom site. She is DL catnip.

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2020 5:48 PM

Lol R15 that is exactly why her story is interesting. These weren't just any stupid people. These were some of the most public figures and events in the world. She lifted up the flower pot and revealed the worms underneath. The ultra powerful people that she fooled are stupid, superficial, and weak. Most of the time they are bestowed with above-average amounts of intelligence, beauty, and luck by the media, but she confirmed what all of us knew deep down: that our betters are really nothing of the sort, in fact WE are their betters by comparison. We could also learn a lot from her about how to win friends and influence people, too.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2020 5:57 PM

*these were some of the most powerful public figures and events in the world.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2020 5:58 PM

I think you may have successfully changed m mind R18.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2020 6:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!