Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should B. D. Hyman have waited til Bette was dead before she published "My Mother's Keeper"?

She would have been an heiress and an authoress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 10:48 PM

And a cuntress! Don't forget a cuntress!

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 12:22 AM

Old designer clothes that reek of nicotine.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 12:23 AM

Wow Bettes daughter was almost as ugly as that ingrate Christina

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 12:23 AM

From what I heard OP Bette was supporting her daughter and husband. Don't know when or if Bette cut her off. She probably needed the money and said what the hell.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 12:30 AM

I understand the story was that Bette was predicted to die which is why BD went ahead with the book but Bette survived. BD had spent the advance and couldn't afford to play it back so she had to continue.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 12:31 AM

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but B.D was an ungrateful cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 12:32 AM

B.D. Hyman is a horrible person. My sister lived by her in Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 12:32 AM

^ couldn't afford to pay it back ...

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 12:33 AM

Bette Davis supported her leeching ingrate daughter BD and BD's useless husband for two decades. And by "supported" I mean Bette kept them in an upper middle-class lifestyle. Neither BD nor Jeremy cared to work for a living. It was a terrible financial strain on Bette, who was comfortable but not hugely wealthy. After Bette had her strokes following her cancer surgery (the strokes, BTW, were caused by alcohol withdrawal when she was still in the hospital. How the hospital staff could not have recognized what was going on and promptly treated it before the strokes happened is another story) it was feared Bette was going to die and BD decided to write the book because she was totally dependent on her mother and had no other way to make money.

It was a very sad story all around.

Katharine Hepburn was smart to never have kids.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 12:42 AM

She's gone full-on bonkers and now looks like Edith Massey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 12:48 AM

"... was feared Bette was going to die and BD decided to write the book"

Methinks the tome was in the can for years waiting for mommy to croak. When Bette's health looked precarious, B. D. rushed it to press.

But Bette surprised everyone and not only lived several more years, but continued working! In fact dying during the filming of her last pic-chah.

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 10:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 10:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!