Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

You Can't "Like How You're Gonna Look" For Much Longer

Men's Wearhouse Files For Bankruptcy

The retail wreck continued on Sunday when Tailored Brands, the owner of Men's Wearhouse filed for bankruptcy, adding to a list of brick-and-mortar retailers that have succumbed to the economic fallout from the COVID-19 crisis.

The retailer filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas. The Houston, Texas-based retailer, which was already struggling with competition from fast-fashion brands and a shift to online shopping before the pandemic, said it will continue to build on its previously announced plans to reduce its corporate workforce by 20% and shut as many as 500 stores.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 5:38 AM

First Brooks Brothers, then Jos. A. Bank, now Men's Warehouse.

I guess their business style doesn't SUIT these time of the pandemic

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2020 6:02 PM

Hopefully Men's Warehouse can stay afloat through the bankruptcy process and reorganize. I actually like buying my suits there. I have a hard time finding suits that fit me properly otherwise. They have a huge selection, and do a great job with measuring and alterations. My last purchase there was around $1,500 for two complete suits (jacket, pants, tie, shirts, socks, pocket square), and they fit me perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2020 6:45 PM

Honestly, who really needs business suits anymore? COVID makes suits obsolete.

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2020 6:47 PM

R2 here, sadly one of the suits I bought was to have something appropriate for funerals.

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2020 7:30 PM

r1 Jos. A. Bank and Men's Wearhouse are both owned by Tailored Brands, the company that filed for bankruptcy.

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2020 8:17 PM

[quote]said it will continue to build on its previously announced plans to reduce its corporate workforce by 20% and shut as many as 500 stores.

A lot of companies were probably planning on massive reorganizations and layoffs or are simply taking advantage of the current situation in order to do layoffs and closures and minimize bad press.

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2020 11:05 PM

Can you guarantee it?

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2020 11:11 PM

Glad I bought a new suit just before things went south.

I'm gonna miss my local shop if they close it down. They had a hot gay fitter who always made sure my pants were snug and "just right" in all the right places.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 3:33 AM

R8 did they ask if you dress right or left?

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 4:23 AM

^^ Didn't need to. He had his hand on it.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 5:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!