Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Moss

Can someone explain her success? Is scienthology that powerful? I just saw The Invisible Mam and , though i liked it, how horrible she looked constantly took me out ofthe movie. Her hair looked like she hadn’t washed it for days after taking her McDonalds hat. She has bug eyes, no neck and the body of a pillow. Except for constantly looking miserable , there is nothing going for her. How does she gets these roles?

by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2020 1:47 AM

Scientology is that powerful in Hollywood. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2020 9:19 PM

She is not attractive but an excellent actress in Mad Men and Handmade’s Tale.

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2020 9:19 PM

Xenu bought her soul a trillion years ago. She's here at his pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2020 9:20 PM

She's in consistently good material and looks like a normal woman.

by Anonymousreply 4August 2, 2020 9:23 PM

her ugliness adds to her "great acting"....

besides that, she's a total witch with a "B"... lies about her cult, acts like she doesn't know anything, does the whole "it works for me' (so cares about anyone else) and has a tendency when having her photos taken at award shows likes to use the finger, flip off the photographer because?? ..

by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2020 9:23 PM

She's a very good actress, and has been acting since she was a child. Are you really angry that she's not pretty enough for your tastes? Are you a straight man, and you're made that you had to look at a woman who didn't make your dick hard?

by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2020 9:24 PM

R6, i am a gay man that is pissed that this horrible woman constantly ruins movies for me (she was Masha in The Seagull!). I cannot see The Handsmaids Tale with her. Her being a scienthologist is my main grudge, especially considering i am a normal woman claims. in TIMan she is the object of mad obsession of Oliver Ja kson-Cohen...

by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2020 9:31 PM

R5 Leah Remini has said that Scientology encourages members to be defiant to the media with middle fingers and curse words. She said on her A&E show that it’s actually part of the Scientology doctrine.

by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2020 9:35 PM

Remember when she was swearing up a storm when she received some award on TV and we later learned that Scientologists are taught to swear at "normal" people because that's the kind of language that normal people like? What a freak!

I really liked Elizabeth Moss in Top of the Lake. I haven't seen Mad Men or Handmaid's Tale.

by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2020 9:37 PM

Not that it matters, but I just really can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 10August 2, 2020 9:44 PM

IVY Op. I'm a straight woman who could never stand this ugly cunt since seeing her as the daughter in The West Wing. I assumed she was the relative of a Hollywood bigwig or something, but it turns out that it's far more sinister.

by Anonymousreply 11August 2, 2020 9:46 PM

Her character arc in Mad Men was even better than Don Drape’s. And that was in no small part thanks to her talents.

by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2020 9:47 PM

“Invoking four-letter words in public is part of a church practice that involves reading the "tone scale," according to a former Scientologist and friend. Adds an expert: ‘Cursing in Scientology is almost a sacrament.’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2020 9:50 PM

She's so ugly I can't watch her. It's like literal repulsion. Maybe she reminds me of someone I don't like from my past or something. I don't know but ever since West Wing, I've been waiting for her to disappear.

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2020 9:54 PM

She's not the most attractive woman, but she's a very good actress. (Unlike most people here, I'll add, "In my opinion.") We need people with all sorts of looks to play different parts. Her appearance worked well for her in "Mad Men," "Shirley," and "The Handmaid's Tale."

That said, she also does give me the creeps a little bit. And she spells her name with an S: Elisabeth.

by Anonymousreply 15August 2, 2020 9:58 PM

she appeared in two hit series, which led to a role in a low-budget Blumhouse film. It’s not really that unusual.

by Anonymousreply 16August 2, 2020 10:07 PM

She's not attractive, but she killed it in "The Kitchen".

by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2020 10:10 PM

She attacks every role with dead seriousness so much so that there's no joy in her acting. Yet she will win an Oscar in 2021 since there are about 5 of her movies in theaters this year. MEH!

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2020 10:19 PM

I like her. But that’s because of her performance/character in mad men. She was great. Hate on someone else. Like the overrated margot barbie.

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2020 10:23 PM

I actually don't think she's a very good actress. She mugs a lot and she often emotes through her overbite. She just isn't afraid of ugly-crying and having no makeup on screen, but that isn't good acting, that's just a lack of vanity.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2020 10:23 PM

I like her--I haven't seen her movies--because, on the red carpet, she always looks happy to be there.

by Anonymousreply 21August 3, 2020 12:05 AM

I like her but hated Invisible Man.

by Anonymousreply 22August 3, 2020 12:31 AM

Creepy scientologist. Remember when they were saying she was dating Tom Cruise.😂 Like he would give her the time of day. There's a lot of ugly actresses that seem to do okay.

by Anonymousreply 23August 3, 2020 12:38 AM

I was watching an old Law & order criminal intent. And she popped up on it. She definitely has had a nose job. Yeah, she used to be even uglier. She looks like she has nothing else going on in her life. So she's able to work a lot.

by Anonymousreply 24August 3, 2020 12:45 AM

She now likes to bring up the Tom Cruise rumors in every single interview, to laugh about how ridiculous it was and how all her friends called her to laugh about it and to remind us that EVERYONE was TALKING about who she was DATING!!!! Like the interest in the rumor was ever about her.

by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2020 3:30 AM

Speaking of Scientology I listened to Leah Remini’s new podcast. Made me very sad for Kelly Preston. When her son died they don’t allow you to grieve and just say if you have another child his spirit will be reborn. She probably took fertility drugs to bring him back. Then she got cancer From the drugs but Scientology says that’s just because you did something wrong or have a non believer in your life and they don’t treat it with chemo/radiation. Next thing you know she’s dead.

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2020 3:32 AM

She looks like this retarded, mildly inbred(and spoiled!)girl that steers me every so often.

Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2020 3:37 AM

Are half of you really suggesting that somebody’s (non objective) level of attractiveness is a valid determining factor in their success in their career? When modeling is not the career in focus. This thread (really this website) is like looking into last century through some kind of iPhone portal.

by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2020 3:51 AM

[quote]Speaking of Scientology I listened to Leah Remini’s new podcast. Made me very sad for Kelly Preston.

All religions have a huge cruelty quotient in them. It's easy to surmise people are actually attracted to this trait in a religion because they actually hate themselves on some level.

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2020 3:57 AM

R28, it sounds like a bunch of Donald Trumps in here. "She's a 4. I don't want to look at her. Put Britney Spears in the lead role instead! She's hawt!!!11!"

by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2020 4:00 AM

(R30) She's in show business. I would even call her a 4. If the church wasn't helping her, she would not be where she's at.

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2020 4:13 AM

I think Meryl Streep is sexier.

by Anonymousreply 32August 3, 2020 4:18 AM

She looks like one of those waterhead babies.

by Anonymousreply 33August 3, 2020 4:24 AM

She's no beauty but a good actress. I am sure her career is very much envied, movie as well as TV.

by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2020 4:38 AM

She’s a good actress, and better looking than about 70% of the population.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2020 5:20 AM

Good actriz, but I get tired of her "constipated"face expression on the Handmade's Tales.

You Maries claiming you can't watch her work because she is "too ugly" are ridiculous, she is not a 10 but more attactive the most women. How do you look at the mirror?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2020 5:34 AM

R35/R36, do you live on an alternate world solely populated by hideous witches? I've never seen a human who looks more like a witch than in that glamour shot at R35.

by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2020 6:13 AM

Right? She is too ugly for me to believe that a rich man would ever be that obsessed with her! It’s not that she is plain looking....she is hideous!!

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2020 6:16 AM

DL is officially going off the rails!

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2020 6:21 AM

She’s jolie laide more than ugly. There’s something weirdly attractive about that jumble of physical features. Willem Dafoe has that going too.

I didn’t like her character in Mad Men at all, unlike most people, but there’s no denying she’s an impressive performer.

by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2020 6:31 AM

You bitter bitches WISH you looked this good - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 3, 2020 6:38 AM

tax them !!!!

by Anonymousreply 42August 3, 2020 7:08 AM

The Invisible Ma'am would have been a smash in 1987!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 3, 2020 7:16 AM

The Invisible Ma'am would have been a smash in 1987!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 3, 2020 7:16 AM

--There’s something weirdly attractive about that jumble of physical features.

On the contrary, I think the features are fine separately; it's their juxtaposition that makes her something worse than just plain. She bothers way too many people, almost like Lens Dunham. Or perhaps it's not about the features at all; maybe it's the utter lack of charm on both their parts.

by Anonymousreply 45August 3, 2020 7:26 AM

Im sorry, but she a sci tol gist.....that negates anything she do...

by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2020 8:39 AM

She can win an Oscar for a Patty Hearst biopic.

by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2020 10:36 AM

NOt in a MILLion yeARS

by Anonymousreply 48August 3, 2020 11:33 AM

Fantastic actress in mostly good projects. Looking back on "Mad Men" 10 years or so later, hers are the scenes I remember best. Scientology is repugnant, of course, but otherwise I don't care about her off-screen personality (she's meant to come across as quite vapid) at all.

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2020 2:08 PM

great looking or ugly, great acting talent or not, she is a horrible HUMAN BEING and at the end of the day being a good or bad human being is supposed to be THEE most important factor in life...

boycott her ass!....like all of the other culties..

by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2020 7:49 PM

[quote]R50 at the end of the day being a good or bad human being is supposed to be THE most important factor in life...

Surely not HERE ? ?

by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2020 7:56 PM

She's the epitome of "bitchy resting face".

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2020 7:59 PM

Unfortunately part of the problem is that she doesn’t carry weight well and ends up looking quite short and wide. When she was thinner she was maybe a jolie laide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 3, 2020 8:56 PM

True, R53. The angular look works well for her.

by Anonymousreply 54August 3, 2020 9:36 PM

The director of The Invisible Man selected her as the lead precisely because she was plain and not Hollywood gorgeous. The film is about a narcissist sociopath who enjoys raping, controlling, gaslighting and abusing people. He chose her because he knew she believed he could have any woman he wanted and he chose HER, the plain jane suburban girl, and that it would add to her feeling special that he "chose" her over other, prettier women. There is an entire monologue in the film about it. I listened to the BluRay commentary and the director also says that they made it a point to show that she was competent and intelligent, as well, because narcissists can get to anyone, not just pretty airheads.

by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2020 10:58 PM

I can't watch any actor that I know is a Scientologist. Knowing that the person playing the part is a member of that evil cult destroys all the illusion for me.

by Anonymousreply 56August 3, 2020 11:32 PM

R56 but you’ll watch Christian actors?

by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2020 11:33 PM

R57... your comparing "christian" actors to a "celebrity cult actors"?...

are "christian actors' ROYALLY ass kissed by their "religion"...

do "christian" actors religions have a "celebrity center"?...

does the leader of any christian religion hang out with famous members and doing all kinds of non religious activities with them?

do "christian" actors belong to a religion that stalks and harasses people who DARE to speak out against it?

do "christian actors" call others bigots! "how many babies have you murdered today?!"

"do christian actors literally ban anyone, anywhere, anytime from asking them about it?

do "christian actors" belong to a religion that is a pyramid money scheme and all about making money to quote "learn about it, practice it" and years and years and into the tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars?!".

. do "christian actors" belong to a religion where 9 out of 10 of the founder's OWN Family have left it and denounce it and the founder? do "christian actors" belong to a religion where the wife of the current leader hasn't been seen in public for over 14 years and counting!?" do "christian actors" belong to a religion where the father, niece and brother in law of the current leader denounce it and him?" "do "christian actors" belong to a religion where more people have left it than are still in it and said religion even lies about how many members they have?" and it goes on and on and on and on and on!..

by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2020 11:45 PM

(R57) Newsflash. Scientology is a cult. That means you gave your life, home, savings,etc. Everything to them. So you can clean Tom Cruise's toilet.

by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2020 11:45 PM

You're welcome in any church. Try getting into the Scientology building in Hollywood. Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2020 11:48 PM

R60 Or a Mormon Temple, another cult.

by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2020 11:52 PM

(R61) Is Elisabeth Moss Mormon too?

by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2020 11:53 PM

She hasn't posted any selfies since March and that was only from the chest up. I wonder if the smattering of speculation/rumors of her being pregnant with her new non scientologist bf back in February were true.

by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2020 11:59 PM

How was it that she was married to Fred Armisen.

by Anonymousreply 64August 4, 2020 2:48 AM

Well, if we’re talking about looks, he’s hardly a hunk.

I’d almost consider her out of his league in that sense.

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2020 2:51 AM

I thought she was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 66August 4, 2020 3:06 AM

u can leave most all religions without them trying to ruin ur fukin life and those of ur family.....SCI TOL is a monstrous cult !!! she is in it!!!

nuff sed

by Anonymousreply 67August 4, 2020 7:30 AM

She was fantastic in that film. Her looks are irrelevant. Did you expect her to look cover-model flawless while being stalked by an invisible psycho?

by Anonymousreply 68August 4, 2020 9:24 AM

Any support for her, puts $$ into that fukin church.

by Anonymousreply 69August 4, 2020 9:26 AM

R68 Didn't Julia Roberts and Jlo look flawless when being stalked by visible ones in their movies?

by Anonymousreply 70August 4, 2020 9:38 AM

honey they aint never been flawless......wtf?

by Anonymousreply 71August 4, 2020 11:26 AM

Ugly scientologist cunt. She walked out when suppressive Leah Remini appeared onstage at some award ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 72August 4, 2020 11:37 AM

How can people hire her? work with her? she is a member of a repressive organization that is poison.

by Anonymousreply 73August 4, 2020 11:45 AM

R73... because la la land hollyweird don't give a shit UNTIL they can't make money off of a cultie or anyone else, then they'll leave them and disparage them and/or act like they didn't know what that person was involved in or some other lying excuse deflection (i.e. weinstein)..

NO WAY, NOW HOW CAN ANY PORTION OF HOLLYWOOD NOT KNOW what scientology is by now in 2020 (and years before for that matter!)..

makes one wonder, would they support and hire and befriend these actors and actresses if they were in the KKK? WHITE supremacy group? etc.?... because newsflash hollyweird, scientology in some cases is almost as bad, just as bad and even WORSE then these groups!....

by Anonymousreply 74August 4, 2020 12:03 PM

i think many do care, and wont be around her, as she promotes such a shitty cult.

by Anonymousreply 75August 4, 2020 12:18 PM

Perhaps she is afraid to leave them, as thy can make ur life a living HELL.....but leah was brave as were many others. she should grow some balls and leave them

by Anonymousreply 76August 4, 2020 12:19 PM

R58 lol ok here goes

Do ‘Scientology actors’ belong to a religion that has profited from the removal of children from their biological parents due to parents being unmarried and then later sale of said children to anonymous buyers therefore permanently separating the children from their parents?

Do ‘Scientology actors’ belong to a religion that STILL is responsible for the low uptake of condom usage in Africa resulting in accelerated HIV rates and deaths of tens of thousands?

Do ‘Scientology actors’ belong to a religion where recently at an orphanage ran by said religion the bones of hundreds of dead babies are now being uncovered that were never declared to police or properly buried and that the bones indicate that poor treatment was a feature in said deaths (google it, Ireland, more than one orphanage).

Do ‘Scientology actors’ belong to a religion that is actively seeking to ban abortion in the US?

Do ‘Scientology actors’ preach about helping the poor and hungry and homeless through charity and take a vow of personal poverty yet own enough property and capital to solve world hunger yet decide not to? All the while maintaining tax exempt status and hoarding wealth?

Do ‘Scientology actors’ belong to a religion that turns parents against their children should they be gay, which results in often lifelong trauma for the child and again often the breakdown of the family unit?

Do ‘Scientology actors’ belong to an organization that has perpetrated worldwide proven systemic sexual abuse against children, and when this abuse is exposed has done everything they can to distract from it or to hide it, allow it to continue, not apologize for it, and when required to pay for it, typically pursue public funds to cover these expenses.

Just yesterday 21 new abusers of children were identified in a case in NY where it has already been acknowledged that after abuse of children was made known, instead of punishing the abusers they were allowed to continue at will and the abuse was hidden. But the celebrities get up and “praise Jesus” when they accept their awards every time.

I would suggest that *because* of their celeb involvements, news about Scientology’s supposed transgressions is more glamorous and therefore more interesting to you and carries more weight, and so it seems like stalking a celebrity is akin (Or worse than) the things I’ve mentioned here. And that’s understandable in a society that worships celebrities. But try to be more critical about your news sources.

I could continue and talk about more of the abuses and social damages Christianity has had and continues to have but I think you get the picture. I’m not saying Scientology is good in any respect and we’ve all seen Going Clear or whatever it’s called but don’t for a second think that the damage it does even approaches that of Christianity. It doesn’t come close and it never will.

by Anonymousreply 77August 4, 2020 3:39 PM

But does she gather stones? Is she into rolling?

by Anonymousreply 78August 4, 2020 3:48 PM

R77... you forgot a few HUGE DIFFERENCES in that 1) christian religions DO and HAVE admitted their wrong and HAVE and ARE changing little by little, unlike scientology, where they NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER will admit ANY even the most minute wrongdoing and NO ONE i repeat NO ONE is ever every ever to even DARE say they have.....

2) for all of their faults and there are many, christian religions HAVE HELPED and DO HELP... scientology? uh, not so much (to put it MONUMENTALLY mild)..

3) i know of NO christian religions that LITERALLY ROYALLY kiss the ass of their most famous members 24/7! does the pope hang out with famous movie star catholics doing all kinds of non religious activities with them? did the pope make any of them his best friend and they him?....

in closing, scientology is 100% wrong and bad and will NEVER change and if they could if they had the numbers (which they lie about that even!) they WOULD do more damage than any christian religion could.. I could go on and on too but i won't...

by Anonymousreply 79August 4, 2020 7:06 PM

R79 first of all stop screaming.

The Catholic Church procured $1.4bn (that’s billion) in coronavirus relief which is being used in part to fund payments that they are required to make to sufferers of abuse. Read that twice if you need to.

Their apologies (late and indirect) to their victims are never sufficient and don’t begin to cover the horrors they have inflicted on their (typically) poor and unfortunate victims.

The pope and friends live in an actual city that has been politically and economically designed for them and is paid for at others expense (I believe the Scientology celeb center is a mere single building in a not-so desirable part of sunset blvd.).

The head of the Church of England is royalty and an unelected head of state of one of the largest economies in the world.

Scientology is a small fringe group that likely will not have any real time effect on any of our lives. The Catholic Church on the other hand has damaged every gay person’s life in the world due to their indoctrination, propaganda, and so-called morals.

Scientology spying on the e-mails of a few hundred of its members will never come close to the damage inflicted on the citizens of the earth. And they will never gain the control available to the major religions. Never. Or as you would say “NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER”. It’s silly to even mention the two in the same argument.

by Anonymousreply 80August 4, 2020 8:01 PM

R80.. you call it screaming, i call it being passionate and trying to express a particular point with more emphasis....

the thing is basically your argument is whataboutism.. nothing more.. why don't you spend more time now denouncing scientology and all of it's crimes... waiting....

by Anonymousreply 81August 4, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote]R80 christian religions DO and HAVE admitted their wrong and HAVE and ARE changing little by little,

Well, well, “little by little”? Let’s give the Catlick pedos and their enablers a parade, then!

And if they’re “admitting they’re wrong”, when the hell do they stop fighting the lawsuits??

by Anonymousreply 82August 4, 2020 10:22 PM

R82... they have admitted their wrong, not all of them of course, but some,... they HAVE changed in the hundreds and hundreds of years of their existence, not just the catholic religion, but other "christian' religions.. once again, meanwhile, scientology will never ever admit they are wrong about anything, that they have ever done anything wrong and will attack LITERALLY anyone who DARES to say they have.. hell, one of their doctrines is "attack never defend!"..

and yes, once again, these christian religions HAVE done good, have helped,.... scientology NEVER HAS, just a abusive pyramid money scheme scam cult!... a) the founder's own family left it and denounce it and him years ago b) the current leader's own father, niece and brother in law have left it and denounce it and him c) the current leader's OWN wife hasn't been seen in public for over 14 years and counting.....

still waiting for YOU or ANYONE to denounce scientology and start posting all the bad that THEY DO! so far? nothing? why is that??...

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2020 12:53 AM

R83 girl nobody is defending Scientology: it’s around as dumb as you are. You said you don’t like Elisabeth Moss on account of her membership of Scientology. I’m just pointing out that unless you apply that to celebrities that are proponents of Christianity then you’re a hypocrite.

The alleged crimes of Scientology will never approach the proven crimes of the Catholic Church. Not in scope, not in the depths of cruelty, not in the damage done to society or to individuals. Never. Not ever. And it will never do as much damage as the Catholic Church will do in future. Not even if it tried.

We don’t have Scientologists currently in two of the three most influential political positions in the country making laws based on their beliefs do we? No we have Christians doing that. Stop with your bullshit and save us the energy of having to read this drudgery.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2020 2:04 AM

If that Rosemary Kennedy biopic ever gets made, Moss will win an Oscar for that.

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2020 3:37 AM

[quote]R83 and yes, once again, these christian religions HAVE done good, have helped,....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2020 4:13 AM

wow, now scientologists are here screaming how bad other religions are, the fake news has begun, dont be fooled. sci tol is a monstrous $$$ grubbin cult profiting the few.

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2020 7:20 AM

I don’t think anyone outside the organi$ation admires or supports it. Leah Reminisce has basically said all that needs to be said.

by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2020 7:37 AM

[bold]REMINI![/bold]

damn autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2020 7:38 AM

Just dang sad,

she got so much talent

but is tied to this dangerous cult, hoW does one extricate oneself from it?

GO ASK LEAH, GO PUBLIC, DO SOME GOOD ....

by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2020 9:34 AM

Funny how the clams cum here and diss christianity, thinking it expiates them.

hogwash dears...

by Anonymousreply 91August 5, 2020 11:57 AM

R91.. exactly! listen, we all know ALL religions have done bad and some continue to do so, but to say they are 100% bad is also false, to say they have no changed or tried to make amends is also false.... meanwhile scientology IS 100% bad and they won't admit to anything and will never change...

all i know is when someone attacks EVERY OTHER religion, but REFUSES to even acknowledge scientology is a cult, not a religion and never ever even calls out scientology because??? you know something is up!...

at the very best, it's whataboutism and/or some here know NOTHING about scientology.. at worse? either they are WILLFULLY ignorant or pathologically stubborn or culties themselves....

in closing, if ANY celebrity was royally ass kissed by their religion/church/faith i would be against them! whored themselves out to support it, but yet refuse and ban anyone, anywhere, anytime asking about the rumors, allegations, lawsuits, documentaries, investigative reports from around the world AND including at the same time they are ass kissed! and of course there is the money scam of the "nobodies", the abuse, stalking and harassing, the attacking of the i.r.s., the child trafficking,missing persons, mysterious deaths and on and on....

yes, all religions especially those around for hundreds if not thousands of years have done bad, but to not acknowledge scientology is evil too is simply wrong..and yes, IF IF THEY HAD the numbers they would do even more worse then they already do...

by Anonymousreply 92August 5, 2020 3:32 PM

The clams (as scientologists are called) are vicious mean fukkers, try to leave and they threaten the shit out of u, get real folks.

they must be taxed and run out of business, membership is way down, but they own so much real estate , taxing it is the only way to get to them..

by Anonymousreply 93August 5, 2020 3:38 PM

[quote]R92 to not acknowledge scientology is evil too is simply wrong..

And who does that, moron?

by Anonymousreply 94August 5, 2020 3:50 PM

[quote]R93 they must be taxed and run out of business, membership is way down, but they own so much real estate , taxing it is the only way to get to them..

All churches should be taxed, of course.

by Anonymousreply 95August 5, 2020 3:51 PM

R94.. the person (you?) who refuses to state all the crimes and knowledge? they know of scientology besides "scientology not good" (paraphrasing) 3 words in one sentence" but goes on and on about ALL the OTHER religions ad nauseum how THEY are all evil 100% in post after post that's who... and who also calls others morons and insults....

by Anonymousreply 96August 5, 2020 3:58 PM

Pretty fucking shady how they got tax exempt status in the first place, shady as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 97August 5, 2020 4:18 PM

They have long had scores of members working in the IRS and government in general.

Of course, the Christianists do, too.

by Anonymousreply 98August 5, 2020 4:29 PM

R96 you are totally hysterical. I think it is me you’re talking about mainly. I didn’t call anyone a moron I only said Scientology is as dumb as you are (which I thought you’d like since you’re so hellbent on me acknowledging their faults (I stand by this btw)). I don’t entertain the concept of ‘evil’ because I think it minimizes people’s responsibilities for their own actions so you won’t see me saying that about Scientology, nor did I say it about any other religion as you claim. Also I focused on Christianity I didn’t say a word about any of the other major religions so you’re incorrect on that too.

Your obsession with this “100% good / 100% bad” doesn’t help anyone and says a lot about your understanding of the world. This is how the churches escape the responsibility for a huge amount of their crimes “oh 500 babies died at the orphanage and were buried in a septic tank? Well aren’t the orphanages great though?” Your black and white view of the world pulls focus from the religions that cause damage to our daily lives (Christianity in the western world) and puts focus on some relatively tiny organization that only damages its own members.

And that should be the main focus. Scientology only has the capacity to damage your life if you’re either 1) a member or 2) one of your family or friends is a member. Christianity on the other hand damages your life from the moment you wake up until the moment you go to sleep. You will never be rid of it’s influence. Up until a few years ago when you couldn’t marry your partner, was Scientology to blame? When you could be fired from your job for being gay was Scientology to blame?

Celebrities don’t get up on stage and ‘praise Jesus’ by coincidence also, it’s done to telegraph to other Christians to support them and their music or film or whatever endeavor so that covers this other “ass kissing celeb royalty” or whatever bullshit on that you’re possessed by.

“In closing” (your words) Scientology is a blip. You mention missing persons (I think you mean missing person?), I give you the 500-1000 bodies of dead babies never declared to police turning up in a septic tank at an orphanage run by the nuns in Ireland. You talk about mysterious deaths (?) I give you non-mysterious deaths of millions upon millions of people in Africa from AIDs. You talk about child trafficking, I don’t think I need to draw attention to the sexual and physical abuse of hundreds of thousands of children on a planned and endorsed system by the Catholic Church. Of which edicts have been uncovered acknowledging this abuse, threatening anyone that mentioned it with excommunication so that it be allowed to continue and no responsibility to be taken for it. You mention money scams I’m not even getting into that it’s too easy.

Hopefully next time when you make a snappy comment about Elisabeth Moss “she’s sooooo annoying right? And she’s a Scientologist ew. 100% evil!” you’ll also do a “such and such is a Christian? They’re the worst. 100% bad. Ew gross” about the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 99August 5, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote]How can people hire her? work with her?

She does not bring up Scientology on set. She instead swears a lot and is super into pop culture and if you didn't know she was part of a brainwashing ponzi scheme you would think she came off as friendly and "real." This is actually deliberate. Scientologist actors used to aggressively recruit on set - Tom Cruise and John Travolta both used to set up tents on their sets - but it got too much pushback. Not just from actors - those are a dime a dozen and they can all be easily replaced - but by annoyed production teams who started avoiding hiring lesser known scientologists who were really pushy about their cult within a working environment. So now their official strategy is to indirectly recruit people by showing them how happy and successful and universally loved you are on set without ever mentioning Scientology. What's my secret? I'm glad you asked...

by Anonymousreply 100August 5, 2020 10:15 PM

Scientology is WAY DIFFERENT FROM CHRISTIANITY, WHICH DOES NOT THREATEN AND SEEK REVENGE ON IF ONE LEAVES THE CHURCH, NOR DO THEY TAKE MOST OF UR EARNINGS. THEYR PURE AND SIMPLE FASCISTS....THE CLAMS.

STOP MIXING APPLES WITH ORANGES FOR GOSH SAKE

by Anonymousreply 101August 6, 2020 4:39 PM

iNTEResting to see the church bots here to defend sci tol and diss other religions....theyr ridic and we all see thru their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 102August 6, 2020 4:40 PM

It's another $cientology deflection strategy, to say that all other religions do evil things and have bad actors just like they do. It's literally taught in their church to obfuscate this way.

by Anonymousreply 103August 6, 2020 11:32 PM

Elisabeth has formed a production studio, Love and Squalor Productions, with fellow Scientologist friend (maybe partner?) Lindsey McManus, which has just inked a major deal with Hulu. Just what we all need, more Xenu-approved content.

by Anonymousreply 104August 10, 2020 6:06 PM

I like her as Peg in Mad Men, but found her tough to look at in The Handmaid’s Tale. Not believable as an object of lust for that creepy ass Fred Waterford...

HOW COME they didn’t show us what we wanted to see, Chris Meloni’s commander banging Fred? That would’ve been hot and they defineitly teased it. I stopped watching after he was killed.

by Anonymousreply 105August 10, 2020 6:47 PM

she is first and last and scientologist, she works for xenu, she gives half her $ to xenu.

read up on them, yep, she one of them.

try to leave em, they hound/bully u to the ends of the earth and ban u from ur family in the cult.

by Anonymousreply 106August 11, 2020 9:45 AM

Her wanna leave but they wont let her.

She makin the most out of a shitty situation.

maybe?

by Anonymousreply 107August 11, 2020 10:09 AM

She’s very attractive. Handsome, in the old-timey sense that she has strong features. And a terrific actress. So give it a rest, misogynists of DL.

by Anonymousreply 108August 11, 2020 10:33 AM

grab ur dictionary sir we aint women haters we is xenu haters, they mean scallywags

by Anonymousreply 109August 11, 2020 10:58 AM

Dont act like shes not a very talented actress bc she def is

by Anonymousreply 110August 11, 2020 11:23 AM

Handsome? Okay.

by Anonymousreply 111August 11, 2020 11:52 AM

I think k she’s a great actress and like that she’s normal looking and not beautiful. Everyone being beautiful all of the time isn’t realistic and is honestly getting boring. All the stars seem to have surgeries/tweaks these days as well as personal trainers/HGH dealers and botox Doctors on speed dial. I have seen her look very attractive in some things and unattractive and very plain in other things. That’s a good actress. Putting her craft in front of her vanity.

by Anonymousreply 112August 11, 2020 12:10 PM

[quote]R112 I like that she’s normal looking and not beautiful. Everyone being beautiful all of the time isn’t realistic

This is an unrealistic thing about movies and TV. Everyone’s gorgeous. A character wants to break up with someone and you’re like, “Um, do they think they can do BETTER??”

But in movies and TV, they can - the next time they go to the deli, the man behind the COUNTER will be gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 113August 11, 2020 10:09 PM

I only had eyes for Oliver - who was barely in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2020 10:47 PM

She has a face like a dirty dish cloth.

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2020 10:54 PM

I don't think everyone has to be attractive and in fact don't find Elisabeth to be that plain. She cleans up well, as they say. But she grimaces, eyerolls and mugs wildly while acting and that's pretty fucking annoying to watch when she gets into that zone. I will forever argue that her best work was as Peggy in Mad Men precisely because that character called for her to act really repressed and tone down all the stupid faces she makes when trying to be dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2020 11:16 PM

she is a scientologist !!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 117August 12, 2020 9:47 PM

She’s a great actress but having all the men lust after her on HT really takes me away from the plot with how unbelievable it is.

by Anonymousreply 118August 13, 2020 1:32 AM

R118: posters have pointed out before that it was her fertility among a largely infertile female population that made her desirable to men.

by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2020 1:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!