Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is A Race War Brewing?

I know, I know, I sound like QAnon, I must be Boris, etc etc. But with everything that's been going on lately I can't help but notice the growing animosity between black people and white people. It's no longer an individual thing either, it's literally becoming skin color vs skin color. Do you think a race war is on the horizon? And if so when do you think it'll come? I'm curious and I love theorizing about stuff like this.

by Anonymousreply 44August 4, 2020 8:54 PM

Troll war brewing.

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2020 5:44 PM

The whole country is going to become like that movie The Warriors. We're gonna have the dem Moderates, the Bernie bros, antifa, the Black separatists and the magats. The NOI might join up with the separatists. It's a given that all the white supremacist groups will be joining the magats.

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2020 5:53 PM

R2 That movie desperately needs to be remade today.

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2020 6:16 PM

It's already here. The fans are being flamed. Shitty way to usher in more government control.

by Anonymousreply 4August 2, 2020 6:30 PM

OP must be a Boris because all the liberal whites in my city are flocking to befriend, protest with and comfort black people at this time. Total love-in.

by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2020 6:57 PM

[quote] I love theorizing about stuff like this.

Things a troll says!

by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2020 7:08 PM

Most of these MAGA shitheads will just run their mouths and will STFU once the Orange Stain is gone. Unfortunately there are organized White Supremacist militia types that may act (they've already been infiltrating the BLM protests and trying to start shit--hello, Umbrella Man from Minneapolis). But we already have had mass shootings in this country for decades now, I don't think it'll be much different than some more of those.

Point being, be prepared and don't be intimidated out of voting.

by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2020 7:14 PM

Okay, so let's say there was a race war. Who's going to be on which side? Are we going to do 23 and Me on everybody to decide whether or not whites have enough pure Germanic DNA to qualify, or do we include, say, people of Spanish ancestry, or do they all get lumped in with the Latinx? In which case Team White would lose a significant portion of its Irish, Italian and French team, as there's a lot of crossover there. What team would people of Arabic ancestry play on, and would traditionally Christian ethnicities like Chaldeans and Armenians be lumped in with Team Middle East? How about non-Arabic Muslims? Would you toss the Turks and Jews onto Team White or Team Middle East? Who gets counted as Black? I'm guessing there aren't many Black Americans whose ancestry is 100% sub-Saharan. For that matter, plenty of people who identify as white have sub-Saharan lineage too. No wonder you're fascinated, you could spend your whole life trying to sort us all out into imaginary race war squads. Not going to happen in reality of course. But what fun if you have nothing else to do with yourself.

by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2020 7:38 PM

The black vs. white thing has been brewing for awhile but lately I'm seeing some brown vs. black occasionally making an appearance. The over representation of black talent at this years Emmy's brought the Latinx crowd out of the woodwork. Of course they were shouted down saying that they were already white, are the next to be whitewashed after Irish and Italians, and that they can't complain because they arrived to this country by choice. Identity politics is a zero sum game.

by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2020 7:54 PM

No. I know crazy white people want to believe that one is, but for real -- no, black people will not dignify your shit with a war. People are just trying to get by. None of this anti-black shit is new. The new part is white people paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 10August 2, 2020 8:02 PM

Trolling and bumping 2015 threads galore...

by Anonymousreply 11August 2, 2020 8:05 PM

OP, I am CONCERNED!

by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2020 8:06 PM

R10 speaks the truth.

by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2020 8:06 PM

A race war? No. A class war.

All the low-class, no-class, deplorable-class, followers of Pee Brain against everyone else who are of higher and better classes.

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2020 8:07 PM

The Far Left is badly fanning the flames of race baiting and other society disturbances. People MUST wake up and not let these extremists win. They are already starting to topple America.

by Anonymousreply 15August 2, 2020 8:08 PM

R10 As though all white people are happy and have everything. Stop playing the eternal victim card.

by Anonymousreply 16August 2, 2020 8:09 PM

R15 The far left is very cynical. They take these types of polls for granted. The biggest shift has been white working class which used to be solidly Democrat. As other minorities eclipsed them, the Democrats simply dropped them. The worst politicians feel like they are entitled to a vote based on these numbers, and spend the vast amount of their resources on marketing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2020 9:27 PM

Only in the fevered minds and fantasy wishes of people desperate to get cheeto re-elected.

They're the only ones pushing this narrative, ahem, OP.

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2020 9:33 PM

How's the plague in Minsk, OP?

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2020 9:37 PM

No but hypothetically, dems/libs would slaughter the Bernie bro’s/conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2020 9:56 PM

I don’t know about a “race war” but racism and race-based animosity has always been a feature of this county (and most places). The difference now is that it’s been forced out into the open, which could be for the best should we decide to address it finally. If not, it will just create even more anger and frustration.

by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2020 10:05 PM

The Left are making the old Neo-Nazi tropes come true. White people are literally now coming under siege because of their race. Their children are learning at school that their "whiteness" is evil and needs to be apologized for. Despite grossly unequal Black-on-White violence and no evidence of the opposite, White people are no longer even allowed to defend themselves by calling the police without being threatened with prosecution for "racism". Whites as a race are being defined out of existence like gays and women. Anyone who objects to this or expresses fears about it is a "Karen" or a "Nazi".

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2020 10:11 PM

R21 no more here than anywhere else

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2020 10:11 PM

[quote]I know, I know, I sound like QAnon, I must be Boris, etc etc.

Yes, you are.

by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2020 10:28 PM
by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2020 10:05 AM

I think the saturation of BLM in all facets of our current political, social and cultural institutions is causing burnout. Oliver, The Daily Show, daytime talk shows, CNN, etc. All they talk about is the black condition. And of course it's important. But it's become incredibly redundant and reductive when it's the same ol' story told from a new black entertainer/writer/politician/etc over and over as if on a loupe.

I keep thinking, "I totally agree, but I just heard Will Smith say that last on Kimmel". There must be something else going on the world to discuss other than Covid and BLM!

I don't think a race war is coming. But I do think a steady BLM push back might. Not sure how that will manifest - we shall see soon enough.

I'm a moderate/progressive, so I'm fine with it to a certain degree. But I know many left centers who feel alienated by the constant coverage. One of which is my childhood BFF - a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2020 10:21 AM

Shut your stupid idiot mouth r22 you MAGAt piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2020 2:24 PM

R23, yes...I mentioned that most places (if not all places) have plenty of racism, but we do too, obviously. It’s good that we are being forced to see it and hopefully own it so we can do something about it. Unfortunately the follow through with giant cultural changes doesn’t always occur, and certainly not without some shared and consistent effort. And since we are divided and also dealing with a number of other crises, who knows if we will be able to keep our eye on the ball...I hope we do.

by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2020 2:39 PM

R19 Does Belarus now have s[am bots like the Ruskies?

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2020 2:45 PM

America has become too unwieldy, too agenda-driven, too hypocritical to successfully administer. The only way for America to save itself is to break up into much smaller, more manageable entities, so that people have far more say in how they want to live and with whom. If nothing else, much smaller entities will finally make universal health care feasible and financially doable.

by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2020 2:48 PM

People do not want a race war, maybe some white right wing extremists do. But anyone same and moral do not. People just want a fair shot and to be treated fairly and equally in this system we all live in.

People only rise up when they see blatant injustices happening and feel as though the system isn't doing the right things to right and correct those wrongs. I don't believe it's asking to much to demand to be treated like a human being, and treated fairly in a country where as a group of people you've been mistreated and subjected to all kinds of wrongs and injustices at the hands of white people going back centuries and it's still happening, because white people are the so called "majority."

R22 If your going to talk about black on white violence, then you better talk about all of the murders the have been committed by whites against blacks for centuries and the last several decades where white people have gotten off scotch free without any consequences of any kind.

Racial violence and murders against black people have been perpetuated and committed by white people in America forever. Any black person who've killed a white person, can easily be matched to the killing of an innocent black person somewhere in American history. It's called an eye for an eye. It's just simply a repayment of spilled blood of a white person, for wrongly spilling the blood of a black person at some point in the past.

It's pretty Shakespearean if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2020 3:14 PM

r16, I'm white and live in a neighborhood that's 96% black. I'm just reporting the sense in the community. You've got to be a seriously privileged asshole to read my comment as "playing the victim card."

by Anonymousreply 32August 3, 2020 6:35 PM

[quote] Racial violence and murders against black people have been perpetuated and committed by white people in America forever. Any black person who've killed a white person, can easily be matched to the killing of an innocent black person somewhere in American history.

You sound insane.

by Anonymousreply 33August 3, 2020 6:57 PM

'Suck my dick! . . . bitch'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2020 7:03 PM

R32 Why are you gentrifying black neighborhoods??

by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2020 7:26 PM

You are an elitist, classist piece of shit R14. You'd rather let the poor suffer and starve as long as it doesn't affect your pocket book. You are part of the problem in this country, you are the greedy banksters that robbed Americans in '08, you're the Marie Antoinette of the suburbs that thinks we can live off cake, you're the DNC corporate donor that ripped the primary from Bernie Sanders because it threatened your luxe lifestyle. I hope that you lose everything when America crashes and burns next year, and you have to beg in the streets like the rest of us. I hope that you will be as bankrupt financially as you are morally, you rotten scum. We are going to EAT YOU.

by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2020 7:33 PM

R31

[quote]Racial violence and murders against black people have been perpetuated and committed by white people in America forever. Any black person who've killed a white person, can easily be matched to the killing of an innocent black person somewhere in American history. It's called an eye for an eye. It's just simply a repayment of spilled blood of a white person, for wrongly spilling the blood of a black person at some point in the past. It's pretty Shakespearean if you ask me.

Europeans evolved from Hammurabi's ancient 'eye for an eye' code with the Enlightenment over 200 years ago. Other races are still trying to catch up, if they're trying at all, which is doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2020 7:41 PM

Race will be the bait for the building of a class war. Oddly, it will be like a game where one side keeps scoring against itself.

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2020 7:48 PM

Um, R36, you do realize that you completely misread R14's reply, right? And that your rant had absolutely nothing at all to do with what he wrote?

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2020 7:53 PM

R39 I hate ALL bourgeoisie. Right, left, and center, it makes no difference. Moral bankruptcy knows no political party. The 2 party system is a failure.

by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2020 10:34 PM

You never see this energy when the crime is black-on-black. Where is this Shakespearian ideology when those black kids and babies get shot?

by Anonymousreply 41August 4, 2020 3:19 AM

R31 Please don't drag me into your internal problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 4, 2020 5:55 AM

Yes, there is. Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 43August 4, 2020 6:12 AM

R43 HA!

by Anonymousreply 44August 4, 2020 8:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!