Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Go-Go’s Made History 38 Years Ago. There’s Still More to Their Story...

New documentary on Showtime. I forgot Belinda Carlisle used to be chubby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 3, 2020 4:26 PM

I saw the documentary at Sundance and it's fabulous.

I was surprised at Charlotte Caffrey's candor regarding her substance abuse problems and how it contributed to the band's demise.

All of them are pretty candid about their egos and drama. Jane Wiedlin also apologizes for firing the manager they started with and admits it was a bad decision.

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2020 4:54 AM

Belinda looked incredible on her first two solo albums. Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2020 4:55 AM

I’m looking forward to seeing this!

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2020 7:42 AM

Belinda Carlisle was never chubby. Entertainment execs shamed her into thinking she needed to be a size zero.

But, I don't expect to convince OP of anything. Just stating the facts.

by Anonymousreply 4August 2, 2020 7:49 AM

The Go-Go's are now The Me-Ma's. And R4 we have eyes, we saw the MTV videos, she was a chunk.

by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2020 8:41 AM

She was legitimately fat at the end of the Go-Go's run, especially for 1984.

Her nickname was Belimpa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2020 8:50 AM

R2 She looked great in her 3rd & 4th album pics too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2020 9:50 AM

4th album pics =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2020 9:52 AM

4th album pics Part 2 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2020 9:53 AM

Belinda was never chubby. She had chubby cheeks, she was still quite young and this sometimes goes along with that ... but never a chubby bod.

by Anonymousreply 10August 2, 2020 10:07 AM

This thread is completely redundant.

Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 3, 2020 3:31 PM

Someone needs to make a poster out of those photos of the girls (smoking cigs and looking rough) walking around La Brea in their ballerina/synchronized water skier outfits while on a break from filming the Vacation video.

by Anonymousreply 12August 3, 2020 3:45 PM

Loved this documentary

by Anonymousreply 13August 3, 2020 4:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!