Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Apparently, this is Adele.

WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 10, 2020 6:37 PM

That is one big transformation.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 8:50 PM

Adele Dazeem?

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 8:50 PM

I would have never recognized her.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 8:51 PM

I did like her former retro-glamour look

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 8:51 PM

Sam Smith 2.0

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 8:53 PM

All I see is Rachel Dolezal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 8:53 PM

She looks like a cave woman!

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 8:54 PM

Joan Osborne

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 8:54 PM

Aaaaaand, she’s gone.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 8:55 PM

Her fat WAS her voice, what in the hell will she sound like now?

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 8:56 PM

I already didn't recognized her the last time she posted a new pic of herself, still with dark hair, but this is even more unrecognizable. Hope she has at least still her old voice :-(

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 8:56 PM

This new look really shows off her fivehead.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 8:58 PM

I am genuinely happy for her weight loss, particularly since she has a child and will be healthier in the long-term. But I dislike the hair & eyebrows. Sometimes weight loss DOES effect vocal quality in performers (paging Maria Callas!). Time will tell if this is the case for her.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 8:59 PM

Separated at birth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 9:01 PM

I thought she looked great even when she was very fat, though of course that wasn't ideal. I wonder why she's done this big transformation instead of just losing some weight and keeping a similar look?

Granted, a big part of why she seems almost unrecognizable is the difference in makeup (almost none here) as well as the crinkly flat hair. Fluff it up, girl! You look like you just got out of the pool and let your hair dry where it lay.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 9:01 PM

Jennifer Hollidays legendary voice didn’t change.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 9:01 PM

R8, you beat me to it! Did she also get a nose ring?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 9:01 PM

She is appropriating black culture here.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 9:09 PM

There goes the skinny cunt's career.

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 9:11 PM

I see it, too, r6.

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 9:21 PM

Okay, it's official...

She was prettier as a fat girl.

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 9:24 PM

what's up with here hairline? it's in the middle of her scalp.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 9:27 PM

The sharpie eyebrows only add fuel to this stylistic dumpster fire.

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 9:30 PM

I wonder if fraus, her main fan-base, will abandon her now and come up with some bs excuse like “she’s just not relatable anymore” or “I don’t get her new music”?

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 9:31 PM

I suspect she has an issue with her natural hair. She used to wear a lot of wigs and hairpieces in public appearances.

I'm thinking extensions in OP's pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 9:32 PM

Is that what a Chav (Chavette?) Looks like?

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 9:33 PM

Wish I could find a better pic: here she is showing Anderson Cooper (!) her wigs and toppers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 9:34 PM

I like fat Adele better.

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 9:35 PM

She looks like a sister wife

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 9:39 PM

I'm agreeing with some of my DL family on here. She looked better with a little weight on her. She looks like s*** now. She actually looks like she's on meth or something.

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 9:45 PM

I see Kate Winslet.

Nice to know quarantine is kicking the shit out of the beautiful people too.

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 9:47 PM

What if Adele was one of us?

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 10:01 PM

Adele now looks like Michelle Carter, the woman who urged her boyfriend to commit suicide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote]Jennifer Hollidays legendary voice didn’t change.

Jen/R16, did you even HEAR how she sounded the other day at Rep. Lewis's funeral?

MS and extreme weight loss made that glorious voice go bust.

It made me very sad.

by Anonymousreply 34August 1, 2020 10:27 PM

I agree R21

Can I have her snack purse?

by Anonymousreply 35August 1, 2020 10:32 PM

Just a slob like one of us R32?

by Anonymousreply 36August 1, 2020 10:33 PM

r10 Adele busted her voice a long time ago. She was told to stop the cigs & booze and not to over-use it. Also, a vocal queen on here once posted a pretty good breakdown of how she was technically not singing properly, potentially putting her voice at risk.

That's probably why she doesn't care about the weight loss viz. its possible effect on her voice. Plus, she's made her multi-millions.

by Anonymousreply 37August 1, 2020 10:39 PM

Shes with that black guy right? I thought she would've stayed bigger as black guys love chubby white chicks.

by Anonymousreply 38August 1, 2020 10:42 PM

The new hair style is awful. My niece calls it “ghetto hair extensions”.

by Anonymousreply 39August 1, 2020 10:47 PM

r39 well...she sounds like an East End fishwife, so maybe that's not a surprise (unless it's a put on like Mike Skinner or Tom Hardy)?

by Anonymousreply 40August 1, 2020 10:50 PM

She’s lost her soft cuteness.

Now she looks like any rode-hard-put-away-wet English chick.

by Anonymousreply 41August 1, 2020 10:50 PM

R39 Especially with the drawn-on eyebrows.

“You look look like a Puerto Rican whore”

by Anonymousreply 42August 1, 2020 10:50 PM

She looks like Sarah Paulson a.k.a. "Bette Davis of America" (minus the lisp).

by Anonymousreply 43August 1, 2020 10:50 PM

The fame and the pressure to succeed has finally gotten to her. She needs to control something so she controls her appearance.

This photo is a cry for help but of course since she's skinny people think she's healthy when clearly she is not healthy.

by Anonymousreply 44August 1, 2020 10:52 PM

Adele needs to eat some fresh hot tortillas with butter, STAT!! She's known for her big voice. Skinny girls don't have big voices, they screech.

by Anonymousreply 45August 1, 2020 10:58 PM

She went from gorgeous to below basic, but I cannot shade her for losing weight. You can’t win on the internet

by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2020 11:02 PM

Well she looks like shit

by Anonymousreply 47August 1, 2020 11:02 PM

Didn’t you hear? She’s getting ready for the West End production of [italic]My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding: The Musical![/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 1, 2020 11:04 PM

poor girl. she was beautiful, once.

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2020 11:26 PM

R44, where do you come up with this crap? Are you a licensed psychologist? I’m guessing no but you should probably visit one.

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2020 11:31 PM

She actually looked better when she was fat. Just like that guy on How I met Your mother

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2020 11:42 PM

Out.Of.Her.Mind.

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2020 11:43 PM

Administer one heavily back-combed wig, STAT, and we'll worry about the weight later.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2020 11:48 PM

Quick, we need to airdrop in some collagen patches, doughnuts and a good quality hair piece.

by Anonymousreply 54August 1, 2020 11:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 2, 2020 1:14 AM

R22 I can't believe I didn't notice that aspect of it, but now I think that's the major reason why she looks so strange, not the weight loss (about which, good for her). I'm pretty bad at spotting false hair on women, so I didn't realize she was wearing wigs before. They looked great on her if this is her natural hairline.

by Anonymousreply 56August 2, 2020 1:47 AM

She's not wearing heavy fake eye lashes or the 60s inspired heavy cat eye look. And obviously the hair is not from the 60s anymore. She'd probably pull off her earlier look fairly well if she decided to go back there. Then again I suspect that look was created to make her seem less of a fattie, and since she's not that any more it's time for something else.

by Anonymousreply 57August 2, 2020 1:56 AM

Kind of reminds me of when Anna Nicole Smith lost her weight.

by Anonymousreply 58August 2, 2020 2:32 AM

Meanwhile Taylor Swift and Lana del rey are getting fat. Maybe they will sing better.

by Anonymousreply 59August 2, 2020 2:45 AM

Those eyebrows are a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 60August 2, 2020 2:52 AM

Her voice was already shot. She's had vocal node surgery twice now. And now she looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 61August 2, 2020 3:03 AM

Better to be in that body than the fat one she had before. Plus she has millions in the bank and a BBC whenever she wants it. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 62August 2, 2020 3:04 AM

So are we thinking this was gastric bypass/sleeve or diet and exercise? I think she has that gastric surgery look. She looks thinner but malnourished.

by Anonymousreply 63August 2, 2020 3:24 AM

I wish she looked better thin because this is just going to embolden all those annoying obesity-positivism activists to bitch and moan

by Anonymousreply 64August 2, 2020 6:05 AM

She looks like a hippie crackhead. I don’t get the ass kissing of Beyoncé (Queen) and dressing like her, to say she’s a talented artist.

by Anonymousreply 65August 2, 2020 6:17 AM

My cousin is a bariatric surgeon in LA and and he says he knows the doctor who did her surgery.

by Anonymousreply 66August 2, 2020 6:51 AM

She looked gorgeous in her comeback performance on the Oscars. (Although I wanted to strangle the sound engineers who fucked up the audio mix.)

She just needed to lose 15 to 20 pounds from that weight and she would have been in healthy territory while still looking like herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 2, 2020 7:24 AM

She looks like Emily Blunt now that she's lost all that weight. I also thought she carried her weight well when she was at her heaviest, though it obviously was not healthy. I think people underestimate how much weight loss can impact a person's appearance, particularly where their face is concerned. Losing weight often tends to become noticeable on the face first, and a significant amount of weight loss can really change the way a person's face looks.

by Anonymousreply 68August 2, 2020 7:33 AM

I don't mind her new look. But the whole set up seems a bit tacky. You show off the new look while watching Beyonce's Disney release?

by Anonymousreply 69August 2, 2020 7:37 AM

Her weight loss has been shown before. There was that pic with fellow twig Nicole Ritchie.

by Anonymousreply 70August 2, 2020 7:47 AM

It's reductivenessity city. Look it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 2, 2020 7:50 AM

The eyebrows are the problem

by Anonymousreply 72August 2, 2020 8:00 AM

The eyebrows are the problem

by Anonymousreply 73August 2, 2020 8:00 AM

When did Adele EVER have a remarkable voice?

by Anonymousreply 74August 2, 2020 8:00 AM

Every time she sings live (goes on tour) her voice breaks down and she has to have surgery. This is the hallmark of poor vocal technique. I doubt she could do it a third time so I doubt she'll ever tour again. Now she can record for one afternoon then take three weeks off while her voice recovers and then record another afternoon. She certainly has enough money to never worry about working again, but I have heard she's working on a new album.

by Anonymousreply 75August 2, 2020 8:11 AM

Look at singers like Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Bonnie Raitt, Donna Summer (before she died) - they took care of their voices. When I saw Raitt in concert a few years ago, I was shocked at how good her voice sounded. She was suffering from a cold that night but she could still deliver the notes for I Can't Make You Love Me. When she held the note flawlessly at one point in the song, we all clapped. And the woman was already in her late '60s.

Singers like Adele, Mariah, Whitney (RIP), didn't take care of their voices.

by Anonymousreply 76August 2, 2020 8:20 AM

The weight loss will definitely affect the sound of her voice, it always does. The sound will be thinner just like the body.

by Anonymousreply 77August 2, 2020 8:27 AM

She's NOT WEARING MAKEUP. FFS calm down. She's not on stage. When she performs again she will be beautiful. Thin and beautiful. New album out next month. God you queens are EXHAUSTING!

by Anonymousreply 78August 2, 2020 8:31 AM

She looks like a freak show now.

by Anonymousreply 79August 2, 2020 8:41 AM

Someone feed her a bag of Greggs sausage rolls. And not the vegan ones.

by Anonymousreply 80August 2, 2020 9:10 AM

She'll pile it back on again when she has the gastric band reversed.

by Anonymousreply 81August 2, 2020 9:27 AM

[quote] Skinny girls don't have big voices, they screech.

Whitney didn't screech. But there was only one Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 82August 2, 2020 10:16 AM

[quote] My cousin is a bariatric surgeon in LA and and he says he knows the doctor who did her surgery.

With her resources, she didn't need surgery to get this look.

by Anonymousreply 83August 2, 2020 10:21 AM

She still looks fat to me.

by Anonymousreply 84August 2, 2020 10:22 AM

[quote]She was prettier as a fat girl.

Gosh, you're naive.

Below is a picture of her from 6 years ago, when she was still very chubby. There were, it is true, pictures of her in which she looked beautiful, but this was the result, not of her natural features, much less of her large body shape, but of the power of cosmetics. The same applies to all female celebrities: their beauty depends more on the skill of their makeup artists than on any natural gifts. When Adele makes her return to the stage, evidently after passing through the hands of stylists and the entire fashion crew, I have no doubt that she'll look as stunning as she had always been.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 2, 2020 10:41 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 2, 2020 10:47 AM

Apart from the drastic weight loss - important to remember that Adele usually wears a shit tonne of makeup. Truckloads of it. Troweled on.

So she does look very different without the heavy makeup. But yes I wouldn't have recognized her either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 2, 2020 10:52 AM

It's been like 9 years since her last album. When the fuck is she going to release new music. Who does she think she is? Janet Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 88August 2, 2020 11:14 AM

You know what's next for her now that she's lost all the weight don't you? ACTING.

by Anonymousreply 89August 2, 2020 11:56 AM

Don't like her eyebrows. She seems to be one of those ladies whose faces are prettier when they're chubby.

by Anonymousreply 90August 2, 2020 12:01 PM

She looks younger, to me. All that makeup and elaborate hair made her look older. I always thing that of heavy makeup.

by Anonymousreply 91August 2, 2020 12:33 PM

She’s hanging out at home, not performing at the Oscars. She’s got no makeup, lashes, or wig on. I have no doubt she’s still going to look amazing when she glams it up.

by Anonymousreply 92August 2, 2020 12:48 PM

She vanished for quite some time. At some point I thought she's doing the old school vanishing act, because she's pregnant. But apparently she got rid of her weight.

by Anonymousreply 93August 2, 2020 1:14 PM

Is there still an audience for her sound? Will she be changing her sound?

Case in point: I can't believe the success Taylor Swift is having with "Folklore," which is unrecognizable from most of her earlier work.

by Anonymousreply 94August 2, 2020 3:54 PM

Weird Al tribute album in the works

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 2, 2020 4:02 PM

All I see is Tammie Brown (all apologies to Tammie).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 2, 2020 4:50 PM

Maybe she is becoming a rapper soon, that explains the ugly clothes and hair. Yes she is wearing no makeup but enough sharpie on the eyebrows for 10 influencers.

by Anonymousreply 97August 2, 2020 8:49 PM

R85, sorry, but even with that strange expression, she does look pretty in your picture. She obviously has great skin and good features.

by Anonymousreply 98August 2, 2020 9:12 PM

[quote] She's NOT WEARING MAKEUP. FFS calm down.

Adele doesn’t release photographs of herself without a full face of slap

by Anonymousreply 99August 3, 2020 3:19 AM

R65 she’s not dressing as her. The top is by a French designer Marine Serre and most of the clothes tend to incorporate a version of this very distinctive print. It really took off over the last year or so. You’ll start noticing it everywhere now.

by Anonymousreply 100August 3, 2020 3:32 AM

She’ll get fat again. We always do.

by Anonymousreply 101August 3, 2020 3:43 AM

As long as her voice sounds good, there will always be a market for her. Great voices always have fans. I've always liked her and wish her well, but her look is shocking.

by Anonymousreply 102August 3, 2020 6:58 AM

Idk about her voice though, I think she will lose it at some point, if she hasnt already. She is always yelling and belting it out, although to her credit, she does not really tour much. Ariana as an example, seems to be using more head voice now and she lipsyncs the belting part of her songs in her concerts. Also, her more recent songs are barely screaming/belting.

by Anonymousreply 103August 4, 2020 11:12 PM

[Quote] She’ll get fat again. We always do.

Hush up.

by Anonymousreply 104August 4, 2020 11:28 PM

This thread is definitive proof that could be used in any court of law that there is no greater love than that of a fag for his hag ("she was beautiful...", "I like fat Adele better...") and never the two shall part.

by Anonymousreply 105August 4, 2020 11:52 PM

She's a gorgeous woman no matter her weight, and that's the damn truth. All you bitches talking about her losing 15 pounds or being prettier when she's fatter - shame on you. She's absolutely a beautiful woman, period. Even without that voice.

by Anonymousreply 106August 4, 2020 11:58 PM

Um, she didn't lose 15 pounds. She lost a LOT more than 15 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 107August 5, 2020 12:02 AM

She lost weight to win the heart of Harry Styles but she still ain't thin enough for that bitch. He likes them 115 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 108August 5, 2020 12:20 AM

She prefers her men like her coffee.

by Anonymousreply 109August 5, 2020 12:21 AM

Adele blew out her vocal chords. She hasn't sung live in years. She liquidated her touring company.

She is putting out an album - as a previous poster said, she could record at a speed her voice could handle. I doubt she will do many live performances of the new album. It would be too risky.

I am sure she had surgery. Some people need it to get to where they need to be. I am sure she will gain a bit back and look less malnourished in the next year or two. Good for her for getting healthier. She is only 32 and has a kid. She has a lot of life left to live.

by Anonymousreply 110August 5, 2020 12:25 AM

A reason she looks worse is that if she has gastric banding she can’t absorb as many nutrients. She used to have great skin before, but fat people tend to have a glow.

by Anonymousreply 111August 5, 2020 12:33 AM

Don't you have to be over a certain weight to be eligible for a gastric band?

by Anonymousreply 112August 5, 2020 12:34 AM

People who have that surgery never really look good, or normal, afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 113August 5, 2020 12:35 AM

R112, normal, non-millionaire people do. You also have to be under a certain weight, too. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 114August 5, 2020 1:20 AM

But Adele has been losing weight steadily over the last decade.

by Anonymousreply 115August 5, 2020 1:24 AM

She probably plateaued and couldn't shake the last few dress sizes and got the surgery. Adele herself said that she was still plus-sized when promoting 25.

by Anonymousreply 116August 5, 2020 1:27 AM

I don't believe someone who is this weight then goes and gets a gastric band. She went through a divorce and probably lost weight through stress. She probably went on a health kick in the aftermath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 5, 2020 1:30 AM

I agree, she looked better heavier.

by Anonymousreply 118August 5, 2020 1:38 AM

As with ALL people who lose weight really quickly (i.e. bariatric surgery), it makes their features look sharp and angular. She’s young enough that some weight will come back, and her subcutaneous fat will equilibrate eventually, but initially people always overshoot the mark.

by Anonymousreply 119August 5, 2020 1:45 AM

Quickly? Look at her in the video at r117. She hasn't been as big as a house in about a decade.

by Anonymousreply 120August 5, 2020 1:46 AM

r117 she doesn't want to look cute and thicc though. She wants to be skinny and hot. She hangs with Nicole Richie wearing tiny dresses.

by Anonymousreply 121August 5, 2020 2:49 AM

well then

by Anonymousreply 122September 10, 2020 6:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!