Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Leah Remini's unpublished chapter about Tom Cruise

Remini wrote a chapter about Cruise for her book 'Troublemaker' but her publisher thought everyone would only focus on him so they didn't include it in the book. Now Remini believes Tom Cruise helped cancel her latest show “Scientology: Black Ops” because it revealed some info about him so she decided to release said chapter @Tony Ortega's website:

“I think it’s time for people to start waking up to the real facts here. Tom has for years manipulated his image to be the good guy, and although I believe there was a time when Tom was a decent and kindhearted person, he has morphed himself into David Miscavige and is completely dedicated to Scientology’s mission to ‘Clear’ planet Earth — which means making 80 percent of the world’s population into Scientologists,” Leah says.

“Tom has for years used Scientology and its staff to do his dirty work. Tom has used Scientology and its thugs in suits, like Tommy Davis, to break up with his former Scientologist girlfriend. He used Tommy’s ex-wife Jessica to give his girlfriend sex advice on how Tom likes it. Davis has used confidential Scientology counseling confessions to break up two Scientologists so Tom could date one of them, used confidential Scientology counseling sessions to bring a wedge between Tom and his wife Nicole because Nicole didn’t want to do Scientology anymore. And David Miscavige, through Marty Rathbun, got rid of Nicole to get Tom closer to Scientology. Tom has for years used his church to torture his employees by sending them in for interrogations at their expense, causing a woman I know to go bankrupt simply because the hours she worked for Tom made it impossible for her to raise her family. She was interrogated and punished by her church for years, causing her to lose her home. These are some of the things Tom has done that never get talked about, and I think it’s time to change that.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 23, 2020 8:02 AM

Good for her for continuing to expose him and his cult. Tammy has gotten away with too much for way too long.

Random: Remember when Cruise was considered one of the hottest men in Hollywood? It's as strange as remembering that Lindsay Lohan was once considered to have had "potential".

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 8:09 PM

The medal:

With Pat Kingsley out of the way and safely silenced, now the Sea Org was in charge of Tom’s production company and its employees. Staff who didn’t meet expectations could now expect to be sent to the church for “correction” for any false move. Any errors at all were dealt with at the church. Which is illegal, by the way. And employees had to pay for these corrections, costing $500 to $900 an hour.

Andrea and Michael Doven were put through so many expensive sec checks [interrogations], that they lost their home. They were living in a trailer in Malibu. Tom, though, told Michael to donate $50,000 to the IAS to make up the damage he had done while working for him. This almost caused a divorce. The staff were required to work 14 plus hours a day. No overtime, all salaried employees.

Slowly but surely, all non-Scientologists were replaced with Scientologists and Sea Org members around Tom, whether they were qualified or not.

Despite the unreasonable hours and workload, any infraction would be dealt with harshly. When Andrea got pregnant after 17 years of working for Tom, his camp considered it an act of an enemy. Anything other than servicing Tom Cruise was considered a liability. And having a baby was a distraction to Tom.

One employee’s parent had become terminally ill and was not allowed to leave to take that parent for treatment. It was “not approved,” Shawna said.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 8:13 PM

Leah says the stories she’s heard from former Tom Cruise employees follow a repeated pattern. “I think it’s important to show a history of Cruise using Tommy Davis and his Scientology power to abuse and bully people,” Leah says. “They used the information of Nicole’s confessional folders. They went into the folder of Nazanin’s boyfriend to find his confidential ‘trangressions’ to feed to Naz and break them up so Tom could have her. When the member of the team started making noises about Tom not being able to do what they had been hired for, they were pulled in for interrogations. ‘Do you have overts towards Tom?’ they were asked. It’s a history, and it’s a pattern. It’s all about keeping people silent about Tom, and they’re using the money and power of Scientology to silence people, like they did with the Australian news program.”

One way that Cruise silences people is through draconian non-disclosure contracts that he requires people in his life to sign, including the employees at Odin Productions. We obtained a copy of an Odin employment contract, which included a section about how much his employees could expect to pay if they dare to speak out about him.

A list of liquidated damages amounts follows, “which they [the signer] acknowledge and agree is reasonable in light of the circumstances at the time this contract is made.”

Disclosure of confidential information: $50,000 “for each person to whom each such disclosure or repetition is made.” Cooperating with a publication: $20 for each copy printed of a newspaper or magazine, with a minimum of $1,000,000 per publication. $250 for each copy printed of a book, with a minimum of $1,000,000 in the US, $500,000 per territory in Japan, the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Canada, Australia, Scandinavia, or Spain. $20,000 per theatrical exhibition. $5,000,000 per network television broadcast. $2,000,000 per non-network television broadcast. $1,000,000 per foreign television broadcast in “major” territories (see above) $500,000 per broadcast in other countries. $30 per unit for video recordings, with a minimum of $1,000,000. $10 per unit for audio recording, with a minimum of $1,000,000. By other public disclosure: $1,000,000 per disclosure or repetition.

No wonder, Leah points out, that most people never utter a word.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 8:17 PM

That's a damn good read!

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 8:20 PM

Leah says that this Sea Org operation to get Cruise a mate also included intimate instructions about how to please Cruise in bed.

“Nazanin was getting notes from Jessica Feshbach about how to be more aggressive with Tom sexually. Because Tom had told Tommy and Jessica, ‘I don’t like that Naz is not aggressive with me sexually, handle it.’

When Nazanin would show up on set where Tom was, he would grab her in front of everyone and stick his tongue down her throat. And when she didn’t reciprocate, she was sent to her church for fixing — and the fixers were Jessica and Tommy. Jessica said “what the fuck, chick. You made Tom look bad.”

Another time, Nazanin told Leah about being asked to join Cruise on the set of War of the Worlds. “He grabbed her and started making out with her right in front of Steven Spielberg. Nazanin was extremely uncomfortable about it. It was inappropriate on any level, doing that in public. She pushed him away. The next thing she knew, she was visited by Tommy and Jessica. ‘Don’t ever do that again,’ they told her. ‘And also, we want to talk to you about your sexual performance.’ They told her that what Tom wanted was for her to be more forward. ‘Like be more aggressive, shove your hand down his pants,’ Jessica said.”

Leah reminds us that it was Tommy Davis who delivered the news to Nazanin that Cruise was breaking up with her.

“Tom just didn’t have the time or balls to do it himself.”

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 8:21 PM

spill the gay details Leah

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 8:21 PM

Weird. Tom felt it was necessary to make sure other people know how much he loves making out with women. As if he were putting on a show.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 8:26 PM

Pat Kingsley protected Tom Cruise from the media. She was a pioneer in her industry, the person who brokered her A-list clients for her smaller clients. She had power and control over journalists, and if you fucked with Tom Cruise, you fucked with her entire client list.

Tommy Davis had taken it upon himself to run the operation after insisting that Tom fire Kingsley. Tommy had a folder of “intel” that he had collected of Pat Kinglsey’s entire history. There were copies of financial records and other sensitive information, and photographs revealing private details of her life that Davis felt could be damaging to her if there was any backlash to Cruise after he fired her. He called it a “dirt file.”

In essence, it was blackmail.

(...) Leah Remini makes no bones about it: She believes Cruise had to know that Tommy Davis, on behalf of David Miscavige and the church, was blackmailing Kingsley to keep quiet about what was really going on.

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 8:28 PM

[quote]He used Tommy’s ex-wife Jessica to give his girlfriend sex advice on how Tom likes it.

Wearing a wrestling singlet and sporting an erection?

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 8:37 PM

thanks

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 8:37 PM

Read the entire story at Tony's site- Its fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 8:47 PM

Leah is covering for Tom now?

"How he likes it."

Tom Cruise is not straight or bisexual. He's never had sex with any of his beards.

I no longer believe any of her other "revelations."

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 8:51 PM

interesting article. thanks for sharing it.

everything in it indicates that it isn't a church. it's a mafia. they just use that "church" nonsense as a cover. who falls for it, and why? they must seek out the most damaged children (emotionally, children) to be controlled and ordered in such a way and think that is "religion".

also, isn't this the way Hollywood itself works? no one is up front with anyone, no one speaks out honestly about anyone because dozens and hundreds of people are making money off one asshole's back? everything is about image, and people are hired and fired around made up nonsense related to preserving it?

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 10:23 PM

no gay stuff?

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 10:32 PM

Cream of Wheat, Tom.

Cream.

of.

WHEAT.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 10:49 PM

He probably conversion-therapied himself. I'm assuming that the couch jumping meant he had successfully found his "chosen woman".

It's funny that he needs his girlfriend to essentially act like a horny twink.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 10:58 PM

"Leah is covering for Tom now?

"How he likes it."

Tom Cruise is not straight or bisexual. He's never had sex with any of his beards.

I no longer believe any of her other "revelations."

Well, then, you're an idiot.

How is she covering for him? This is what Tom expected from his girlfriend in front of other people. It's all about the show he wanted to put on.

None of it contradicts Cruise's attraction to men.

by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2020 12:05 AM

You have to consider Tammy's level of delusion--they are so deluded, they think they ACTUALLY want to have sex with women. That's how far gone they are.

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2020 12:06 AM

Leah must have round the clock security. Brave woman! 👩

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2020 12:16 AM

that "religion" sounds like a cross between the U.S. Army as imagined by Heller with the H.R. department from Hell.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2020 12:18 AM

"Tom has for years used Scientology and its staff to do his dirty work."

Shouldn't it be "For years, Tom has used Scientology and its staff to do his dirty work.

Learn to write!

by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2020 12:46 AM

I'm glad Leah is still exposing Tom's behavior. But will this actually do any damage to his career??

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2020 12:55 PM

How is still a box office draw? I actively avoid anything that he's the lead in. I think the last movie of his that I saw was Jerry Maguire.

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2020 1:14 PM

I would watch a show called Tommy & Jessica: Sea Org Fixers.

by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2020 1:19 PM

[quote]How is still a box office draw? I actively avoid anything that he's the lead in. I think the last movie of his that I saw was Jerry Maguire.

He's not, R23. He's not even close to doing the box office numbers he was in his prime, he hasn't had a No. 1 hit in at least a decade.

by Anonymousreply 25August 2, 2020 2:10 PM

R21, how that was bad grammar?

by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote]Leah must have round the clock security. Brave woman!

She's way too high profile and thy know she has immediate access to the press. Notice how since they fired Kingsley he only makes those silly Mission Impossible movies where he really hangs from a plane but no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 27August 2, 2020 3:56 PM

Whoa, the stuff about Kingsley and doxing her. If she's still alive, I hope she speaks out. I assume the damaging info is that she's a lesbian. No one cares anymore, Pat. C'mon, spill what you know.

by Anonymousreply 28August 2, 2020 4:24 PM

Tom Cruise is nuts, like Roseanne level of nuts. I just think the wacko cult Scientologists have managed his image well, like the people around Trump do for him and have NDAs signed. After people like Tom Cruise and Trump are long gone, we'll see the books with all of the tales of their weirdnesses. (I'm thinking Howard Hughes-like stuff, like mason jars full of urine).

by Anonymousreply 29August 2, 2020 4:29 PM

Who was Pat Kingsley partnered with professionally? At this moment the name escapes me. They had an agency together. Well anyway, either Pat or the other woman lives on Plum Island in Newburyport, Mass. I learned this a decade ago and I was shocked! I don't think its Pat, but the other one.

by Anonymousreply 30August 2, 2020 4:54 PM

[R30] Leslee Dart

by Anonymousreply 31August 2, 2020 5:17 PM

R31 I just googled and I was wrong on both counts. The publicist was Lois Smith who had a home on Plum Island. She passed away in 2012..

by Anonymousreply 32August 2, 2020 5:25 PM

[quote]After people like Tom Cruise and Trump are long gone, we'll see the books with all of the tales of their weirdnesses. (I'm thinking Howard Hughes-like stuff, like mason jars full of urine).

The details always come out, eventually.

by Anonymousreply 33August 2, 2020 5:31 PM

Yes, R33, unless you’re Michael Jackson. And then everyone denies it.

by Anonymousreply 34August 2, 2020 5:41 PM

R33 Even that pillar of righteousness, Bill Cosby, got his comeuppance.

by Anonymousreply 35August 2, 2020 7:04 PM

basically, cruise has gotten away with it for decades because of the apathy of the public and the whoredom of hollywood meaning as long as cruise makes money and personally is NICE to everyone on the set, studio heads and so on, NO ONE CARES!......

his career should have literally ended years ago, when he should have been asked and MADE to answer to all he has done and KNOWS has gone on in his "religion" and turned a blind eye to it all...

like a politician, whose entire career, success and power and wealth is solely because of the public's favor, cruise should have suffered the consequences! a politician would have indeed been cornered, FORCED to answer to what he's involved in, the allegations, rumors, lawsuits and acts of what he's involved in and rightfully if he didn't answer been forced out of office or never attain office. but with cruise? he has gotten a free pass and why? because well he's ONLY a actor, and he doesn't have power authority over people's lives (like a politician) and he's handsome and entertains people!

this is a man who BANS anyone, anywhere, anytime from asking him about ANY of this! who hasn't sat for a REAL interview in years and years, who only shows up on late night talk show ass kissing affairs and the hosts sickening comply with his demands! oh wait, i forgot such shows are NOT the right place and time to ask him about it! then when is it? cruise only does these shows when he's promoting a film, so exactly when is ANYONE ANYWHERE suppose to ask him the questions that should have been asked and answers demanded years and years ago!. cruise is laughing at these shows, these hosts, entertainment tonight shows and so on, and hollywood and these shows and hosts seemingly don't care because it's a you kiss our ass (ratings) and will kiss your ass (attention for tom).....shame on all of them and the whole industry!

by Anonymousreply 36August 2, 2020 7:15 PM

scientology is: a abusive (financial, emotional, physical) cult that is part north korea, part organized crime, part country club of the have and have nots, part pyramid money scheme scam, part the ultimate dangling carrot, part mumbo jumbo science fiction new age nonsense.....

question to tom cruise: tom, you DO KNOW how much it costs to attain your level as a high level OT yes? 99% of the planet do not have that kind of money, so the question to you is "why would ANY religion/church/faith deny it's own members or anyone for that matter the highest level in their religion because they don't have the money?"..... and while we are at it, how is having a "celebrity center" for a religion/church/faith proper, appropriate, ethical, moral, or even normal or okay?..

by Anonymousreply 37August 2, 2020 7:21 PM

[quote] unless you’re Michael Jackson. And then everyone denies it.

That's because his estate still makes lots of money.

by Anonymousreply 38August 2, 2020 8:02 PM

Tony Ortega posted this on the 27th. It doesn't seem to have gained any traction in other media outlets. I mean this is juicy, juicy stuff that's bound to dismay a lot of fans especially older fraus who had crushes on him. I mean calling an underling a cunt because there was a chipped cup in his presence? Feeling betrayed because a devoted employee got pregnant? At least she wasn't forced into an abortion like other Sea Org colleagues. Becoming enraged when an employee of his company asks for time off to care for a cancer stricken parent?

by Anonymousreply 39August 2, 2020 8:56 PM

I'm pretty sure I've read the chipped cup story before on the Daily Mail. But blackmailing Pat Kingsley? If that happened, it's a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 40August 2, 2020 9:00 PM

His Mission Impossible movies make a lot of money. People saying he hasn’t had a hit are lying.

by Anonymousreply 41August 2, 2020 9:23 PM

R39 or you know abandoning his youngest daughter for over 8 years now because pleasing his cult and another man the sociopath leader is MORE important to him!... simply for that he should be cancelled and boycotted as a p.o.s.....

his movies are still big overseas ESPECIALLY in Asian countries, where they love all things action, all things american and he is still in their minds the all american handsome hero icon.... they know little if anything about scientology!..if that market goes, he's screwed..

by Anonymousreply 42August 2, 2020 9:26 PM

I haven't heard the chipped cup story before and I'm a regular reader of Ortega's blog.

The stuff about punishing employees for minor or imaginary infractions by requiring auditing that can cost 10s of thousands out of pocket is new as is the schedule of fines for leaking. The sex counseling for Naz is also a new revelation.

Cruises influence is still going strong.

by Anonymousreply 43August 2, 2020 9:40 PM

cruise has also been accused of shoving a female employee into a cabinet....

and of course never forget the utterly wrong inappropriate improper immoral unethical royal ass kissing he has got from his "religion" (a religion or so called one of all things!) 24/7 for over 3 decades that he seemingly thinks not only is normal and okay but DESERVED! that is one fucked up person to think this no matter who you are or think you are or think you have done for your "religion"!.....

by Anonymousreply 44August 3, 2020 2:05 AM

r33 Just stop it.

by Anonymousreply 45August 3, 2020 8:59 AM

[21] So instead of contributing to the discussion you chose to attempt to correct someone's grammar? But you failed. Your suggested correction was a question, but there's no question mark. Also, you're missing the "end quotes" in your response. So maybe YOU need to learn to write, honey.

Learn to write!

by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2020 9:35 AM

[quote]cruise has also been accused of shoving a female employee into a cabinet....

Yes and she wasn't the only one, from Marty Rathbun's book "The Scientology Reformation":

"…Miscavige’s reaction to my escape was chilling. He ordered John Brousseau, his resident handyman – and the architect of most of the Tom Cruise vehicle and home upgrades – to install prison bars on all windows in the Hole so that no one else could escape.

With me out of the way, Miscavige’s madness was unbridled. He began to tell Tom Cruise tales of having to physically beat the degraded beings in his environment to keep them in line. Cruise followed suit, doing the same to his own staff. Michael Doven (the one in R2), his long-time personal assistant, started receiving regular physical abuse from Tom. Another of Tom’s staff – a woman – was grabbed and slammed up against a file cabinet by Cruise for failing to show him proper respect. He railed and screamed, like Miscavige, when he discovered a near-microscopic chip in a drinking glass handed to him by one of his staff. He was convinced the degraded beings were steadily sabotaging him, stalking him like the zombies from Night of the Living Dead. Tom even physically abused the one-time international spokesperson for Scientology, one Tommy Davis.

Miscavige was happy to have Tom ape his own psychotic behavior. He once briefed the inhabitants of the Hole that Tom was fully informed of their conspiracies to destroy Miscavige. He told the assembled that Tom promised to come to the Hole to give Yager, Ray Mithoff (the highest scriptural authority in Scientology) and the former executor of Mr. Hubbard’s will, Norman Starkey, black eyes if their confessions were not to Dave’s liking. In order to prevent the world’s biggest star from having to do Dave’s dirty work, the leadership within the Hole decided they had better do it first. The eighty staff went into a frenzy of punching and kicking the trio, fattening the lips and blackening the eyes of all three.

By mid-to-late 2004 Tom was so locked in to Miscavige’s spell he was incapable of comfortable socialization with the outside world, at least on an intimate basis. He asked his best friend Dave to help him find a good-looking Scientologist wife, so he would not wind up with another degraded being like his previous two wives…"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2020 9:50 AM

[quote] John Brousseau, his resident handyman – and the architect of most of the Tom Cruise vehicle and home upgrades

Upgrades done by sea org members as Brousseau talked about here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 3, 2020 10:12 AM

These stars got to such lengths to keep their asshole behavior secret, but it always comes out.

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2020 2:03 PM

He allegedly hasn't seen Suri in 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2020 2:09 PM

I really wonder what Stanley Kubrick thought about Nicole and Tom.

by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2020 2:22 PM

You’re glib, R37.

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2020 2:48 PM

Somehow, a munchkin got hold of the Ruby Slippers and won’t give them back.

You have no power here! Be gone, before somebody drops a house on you, too.

by Anonymousreply 53August 3, 2020 2:53 PM

Tom Cruise is not crazy. He’s profoundly learning disabled and humorless. Probably on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 54August 3, 2020 2:53 PM

With no new sex partner for the last decade plus, do you think Tammy just whacks off all the time?

by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2020 2:53 PM

[quote]Tom felt it was necessary to make sure other people know how much he loves making out with women. As if he were putting on a show.

Pathetic

by Anonymousreply 56August 3, 2020 2:55 PM

I don’t know Tom Cruise treated people like that. And we thought Ellen was bad!

by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2020 3:08 PM

Didn't her force his mother into the cult? She was a devout Catholic like he once was.

Tom Cruise got a swelled head like all the kids on The Brady Bunch did for an episode but he never got anybody in his circle to tell him to knock it off.

Is it too late for him to come out of this mindset? Leah Remini was able to, is there any hope for him at this point? He had to abandon his own child for this nonsense. Wouldn't that break an average person's heart? Katie Holmes got out before he was able to destroy her relationship with Suri but he and the "church" destroyed the bond Kidman had with Conner and Isabella. What kind of monster would do that to his own children? When will he see the light?

by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2020 3:12 PM

R55, He’s had girlfriends since. Wasn’t one super young and there was come controversy about that?

by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2020 3:15 PM

What they did to that poor woman Nazanin Boniadi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2020 3:19 PM

I 100% have always believed Travolta was gay but never bought the rumors about Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2020 3:22 PM

R58 Was she forced? I just know that he brought his mother (and sisters) in but his stepdad refused to get into Scientology and they all cut ties with him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2020 3:46 PM

If Tom is as gay as many suspect, there really should be people to confirm having played with him. If he's gay, I'd assume he's a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2020 3:51 PM

Speaking of family, I believe this was posted before on here but a reminder that he kicked out his 14yo niece because she kissed a boy:

"Jamie’s offense was simply making out with a boy in Tom’s house in Los Angeles, where Jamie lived with her mother Cass Mapother. Jamie’s activity was caught on Tom’s in-house security cameras. The Scientology security staff working at the house reported Jamie to Tom. Jamie’s punishment was to be sent to Scientology’s “Applied Scholastics” facility in St. Louis to complete Scientology’s lower ethics conditions under the supervision of high-level public Scientologist Bennetta Slaughter.

Lower conditions can usually be completed in days or weeks. Jamie spent two years working on lower conditions before Tom decided she’d done enough and could be allowed back in the family. (...)During this two-year period Jamie was allowed to speak with her mother on the phone but was not allowed to go to LA to see her because Tom did not want Jamie near him. Jamie was not allowed to spend holidays with her mother or attend family gatherings.

Jamie had to submit a written request to be accepted back into the family. Final approval of the request could only be given by Tom, not Jamie’s mother. (...) Only once the request had been approved by the President’s Office at Flag and by RTC could it be sent to Tom. The first time Tom received the request he disapproved it, saying that more amends needed to be done. Eventually Jamie was accepted back into the family by Tom and was allowed to move back to Los Angeles.

Jamie Lesavoy later joined staff at the Church of Scientology in LA (LA Org) and a few years ago she joined the Sea Organization where she still works to this day. It’s not unheard of for a celebrity’s child to join the SO, however the Sea Org recruiters in Los Angeles had very explicit orders never to attempt to recruit any members of Tom Cruise’s family as earlier attempts to do so had created big upsets in the family. None of Tom’s nieces or nephews were encouraged to join staff or the Sea Org, so it’s a bit of a mystery why Jamie would make that decision. We can only speculate, but we are left to wonder if perhaps signing up to work for Scientology was the only way Jamie could truly make amends for having offended Tom’s conservative sensibilities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2020 3:56 PM

[quote]His Mission Impossible movies make a lot of money. People saying he hasn’t had a hit are lying.

Who said they weren't hits? They are shit and completely unoriginal, unlike the work he did before. Get it?

by Anonymousreply 65August 3, 2020 5:23 PM

Not a fan of Tom Cruise as a person but the Mission Impossible movies are very entertaining. They're great fun, and always have an excellent supporting cast.

by Anonymousreply 66August 3, 2020 6:34 PM

R64,,, can you even fathom having fellow members of your "religion" in your house around the clock working in the household and they actually rat and nark on your niece, your sister's own daughter and instead of being pissed off and shocked and you'll all fired and get out of here now at them, instead? cruise sides with THEM over his own flesh and blood and he and his sister send their daughter/niece off and away for 2 years! never mind, the hypocrisy, how dare his niece kiss a boy in his house, but it's okay that cruise has pre-marital sex with holmes? and cheated on his 1st wife mimi rogers with kidman!..

cruise and his sisters and mom were all in the cult, after being devout catholics and they actually had mom and disastrous p.r. sister in the front row of that ridiculous medal of valor show and they were literally clapping and crying seeing their powerful famous handsome movie star son and brother EMASCULATE himself before the rest of the crowd and to another man, miscavige! so proud they were! OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE(mother has since passed) NUTS TOO!...and yes, the mother dropped her second husband like a hot potato and all of her friends too... you know the man who married her, who took her and her brood in and gave cruise money to move to new york city to pursue his career! and when he passed away a few years ago, NONE OF THEM showed up for his funeral! how fucked up is that!....

makes me think maybe the so called bad guy father wasn't the problem in that family after all!....

and meanwhile cruise cultie kids (now grown adults connor and bella) get the 2nd hand royal butt kissing from the cult, especially Connor, and like father like son, thinks NOTHING is wrong with this, from their "religion" a religion of all things, (so called religion of course)....

by Anonymousreply 67August 3, 2020 7:47 PM

I worship the ground my filthy rich father carries his money on! I'm not stupid.

by Anonymousreply 68August 3, 2020 7:50 PM

Connor looks like Tom.

by Anonymousreply 69August 3, 2020 7:59 PM

R36 and r37 is Poo Shoes! The bitch has a tell!

by Anonymousreply 70August 3, 2020 9:55 PM

So is r67

by Anonymousreply 71August 3, 2020 9:56 PM

Everyone in the planet knows Tom Cruise is gay. He has the behavior of a closeted case who would go out of his way to assert his heterosexuality even though he's a mom. I dated a guy like this.

He's known for his involvement with male hustlers etc. NDAs. anyway let the fraus frau.

What Leah shows only proves my point he's a pathetic closeted case desperately trying to prove to the world he isn't. Huge loser.

by Anonymousreply 72August 4, 2020 12:11 AM

R70 is more tiresome than poo shoes.

by Anonymousreply 73August 4, 2020 1:16 AM

Safe to say the entire family is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 74August 4, 2020 7:51 AM

⬆️ that was for R64

by Anonymousreply 75August 4, 2020 7:52 AM

Do you think Tom actually believes Scientology is real? Is he mentally ill? Brainwashed? How did this happen?

Or does he know it’s all fake but they have the goods on him like Travolta?

He certainly can’t be making any money off this. He’s likely lost money having to give it to the church. Why is he still doing this?

by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2020 1:41 AM

He 100% believes in it, so does Travolta.

by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2020 1:44 AM

Does Remini have 24 hour security? She must live in constant fear that these people are going to take her out. Tom could write a check and it would even put the smallest blip in his wealth to have her disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2020 1:44 AM

Hi Tom at R61.

by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2020 1:50 AM

And GAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2020 1:50 AM

R76.. well could be a number of factors known and unknown for a few examples 1) he's not the smartest tool in the shed, barely graduated from high school and seemingly has not a shred of critical thinking skills 2) was coddled by his mother and sisters and never told no before or since he became a star... he obviously has abandonment and personality disorder issues never addressed too...

3) one has to wonder why if someone is quote "normal and logical and sane" would they make the leader of their religion, a alleged sociopath their best friend and not REMOTELY consider how this is improper, inappropriate, immoral and unethical for him to do so or the leader to have a best friend that he places above all others..

4) he's addicted to the ass kissing his "religion" has given him 24/7 for over 3 decades and thinks it's normal, okay and even DESERVED because of "who he is"?... hollywood and the public kissing his ass wasn't enough, he needed it from his "religion" too? yikes, what does THAT say?!...PROFOUNDLY insecure going into mental illness land?...

he obviously had/has issues never addressed and that the cult seized on and made WORSE ON PURPOSE........

i wonder if 3 wives ever tried to get thru to him and how those arguments went down...

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2020 1:51 AM

R76 I don't know about now but there was a time when Tom Cruise must have believed in it and scientology's promises of giving you super powers because in 1990 he had to learn how to "audit" someone they picked a teenager, Marc Headley, who grew up in scientology and Cruise tried for weeks to make him believe that he could make objects move just by telling them to...

[quote]"You do a lot of things with a book and a bottle," Headley says. "It's known as the book-and-bottle routine." Cruise, he says, would instruct Headley to speak to a book, telling it to stand up, or to sit down, or otherwise to move somewhere. "You do the same with the bottle. You talk to it. You do it with an ashtray too," he says. "You tell the ashtray, 'Sit in that chair.' Then you actually go over and put the ashtray on the chair. Then you tell the ashtray, 'Thank you.' Then you do the same thing with the bottle, and the book. And you do this for hours and hours." (...) Headley says that after a couple of weeks, he did begin to wonder about trying to make objects move by talking to them. But this was Tom Cruise, and not someone you would question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote] i wonder if 3 wives ever tried to get thru to him and how those arguments went down...

Mimi Rogers brought him into scientology, Kidman tried to get him out but Cruise's assistant started reporting everything back to scientologists:

"That same year, 1990, Cruise had begun dating Kidman. But if Miscavige was hoping that Cruise was going to become a more involved Scientologist, instead the actor pulled away. Late in 1990, Cruise and Kidman were married. In 1991, Cruise all but separated from Scientology, but the church managed to keep it quiet.

“Nicole was really sour on Scientology and kept pressing Tom to stay away from Int Base,” Marty Rathbun tells me. Until 2004, Rathbun was perhaps the highest-ranking official in the church after Miscavige. (He wore the title of the RTC’s Inspector General-Ethics, but all that really mattered was that he answered to only one person — Miscavige.) “Nicole spotted Miscavige and didn’t like what she saw. Her big issue was that Tom was becoming like Miscavige. Nicole didn’t like the relationship that was developing between them,” Rathbun says.

“She was sort of leading him away from it. I don’t think Tom did really anything from 1991 to 2001, except for a few sessions in 1998. And he hadn’t talked to Miscavige that whole period, which really drove Miscavige ape shit,” Rathbun adds.

But throughout the period when Cruise stayed away, Rathbun says, Miscavige received detailed information about the Cruise household through Doven, who had become Cruise’s assistant. (...) I asked Rathbun if Cruise realized he was being spied on. “I’m not sure what Tom knew,” he answered. “But he treated Doven like shit in front of me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2020 5:50 PM

R82 Did Tom have him handle his cylinder during the audit?

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2020 5:53 PM

wait my bad r81 you probably meant to ask if they got through to him about his other issues not just scientology, poor reading comprehension skills here sorry...

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2020 5:58 PM

R84 could that be why he called his book "BLOWN for GOOD"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2020 6:14 PM

[Quote] He 100% believes in it, so does Travolta.

I think Travolta had doubts. Because that's when photos and stories started leaking out about him being gay.

But then suddenly there were articles about Travolta sticking with Scientology and the leaks stopped.

by Anonymousreply 87August 6, 2020 9:48 AM

Somehow I always thought that Scientology had some way of re-starting the stalled careers of former "big" stars. The more that I have been exposed to the once very secretive cult - the less this seems to be the case. For the life of me, I can't figure out what any of them are getting out of it (minus the big wigs at the top of the cult - what they are getting is obvious).

by Anonymousreply 88August 6, 2020 10:03 AM

R88.... good point... back in the day scientology had a actual list of stars they wanted to get into this cult...99% to 100% of them of course never knew and never got in....

the "celebrities' that did get involved were always has beens and never were's until cruise of course! that is what makes cruise's involvement so bizarre...

he was a superstar before he ever heard of scientology, why did he need it that badly, felt it was that incredible and to stay in it for over 3 decades risking wives, children, career and reputation?

helped him with his long dead daddy abandonment issue?, what they got him to read a bit better?, gave him the idea he was smart and more than just some "actor"?, the leader conned him cruise into thinking him the leader being such a good good guy and best friend he cruise never had (?)? they, scientology, had a "good message"?, and offered even more then hollywood and the public 24/7 ass kissing?...

by Anonymousreply 89August 6, 2020 1:26 PM

A little interval in the discussion, ranking of TC’s performances. I was pleasantly surprised by number one, and shocked by a few performances towards the bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 7, 2020 1:26 AM

For a long time I refused to watch any of his movies due to his involvement in the cult, and especially because of the rumors of him being a violent asshole towards those below him in the cult. Then one day I accidentally watched one of his latest Mission Impossible movies when it was on tv and rather liked it. And then I even paid for a ticket to see the latest one in a theater. I guess I wanted to give him a pass because I like the movies series. But now after what Remini said I guess it's time to return to another non-Cruise era. I mean this man so seriously believes he's better than people around him that he has no trouble physically attacking them. What a stupid fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 91August 7, 2020 1:37 AM

Cruise just never resonated with me. He was very attractive but never sexy, he's a decent actor but not at all engaging, he exuded confidence but never an ounce of authenticity. Let's face it - most leading men are actually quite obnoxious, lack in talent and can be called far worse than my descriptions of Tom. In many ways - the fact that he is a fucked up cult member and deeply closeted gay man make him vaguely more interesting than the bland piece of cardboard that he would have been otherwise. I'm just not sure that any great reveal would surprise me and frankly he is too old and tired for most to care about one way or the other in 2020. He will forever be a great star, but his days of anyone caring much about his personal life are long over IMO. And yeah he sounds like a complete asshole behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 92August 7, 2020 6:22 AM

R90 - very interesting ranking. I would have to agree that Magnolia might be Tom's best acting to date. It was a wacky movie - but also quite great nonetheless. PTA was on roll and had wowed us all with Boogie Nights 2 years prior. Magnolia could have been Oscar bait for more actors than just Cruise - quite a few pulled off some amazing acting with the bizarre material. Admittedly, I have never been a huge fan of Cruise's looks - but he was at a peak here and his acting was quite compelling. Interesting list.

by Anonymousreply 93August 7, 2020 7:35 AM

I was here to find out who fixed Tom's crooked teeth. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 94August 7, 2020 8:35 AM

Leah has balls of steel. Bravo to her.

by Anonymousreply 95August 7, 2020 5:37 PM

I’ve always wondered what the story is behind Nicole Kidman not having any type of relationship with her 2 kids with Cruise. They were pretty young too. She could have taken him to court and fought for at least 50-50 custody; that’s pretty standard. I’ve always felt he must have given her a large settlement in exchange for giving them up.

by Anonymousreply 96August 8, 2020 2:40 AM

What day of the week do Scientologist go to church on, or is the right question which day don’t they go on?

by Anonymousreply 97August 8, 2020 2:49 AM

R97 Wikipedia says Sunday.

A Scientology Sunday service has a sermon, similar to other religions in the United States. It typically begins at 11am and Hubbard's writings are read aloud during the service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 8, 2020 2:54 AM

Episodes from the show cited in the OP, Scientology Black Ops, have been leaked and can be seen at Tony Ortega's:

[quote]Ten episodes were scheduled to be published to the 7NEWS website on July 14 when the network changed its mind, cancelled the program, and also pulled down a trailer it had made for the series. On August 31, we found that the first episode in the series had been leaked, and we embedded it along with a transcript we prepared. We also did the same for the second episode, ‘Witness X,’ on Sept 4, the third episode, ‘Taken,’ on Sept 11, the fourth episode, ‘The Star,’ on Sept 14, and the fifth episode, ‘Always Attack,’ on Thursday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 21, 2020 8:30 PM

Didn't Tammy sponsor Julian Morris?

by Anonymousreply 100September 21, 2020 8:45 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 23, 2020 8:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!