Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kamala in jeopardy and now Karen Bass. Just pick Duckworth already?

Yeah, she's not coming back from this. Scientology? All her credibility just went out the window.

Duckworth is emerging as the obvious choice at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 10, 2020 5:20 PM

It should be Ayanna Pressley.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 7:16 PM

Why not Val Deming?

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 7:19 PM

Fuck Off anti Harris troll. What have you started...10 threads on this subject ? We get it, you dont like Harris...so again, Fuck Off

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 7:19 PM

Duckworth is by far the best choice

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 7:31 PM

And this shows up today. Perfect timing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 7:32 PM

I'm thinking that either Val or Val's husband didn't pass the vetting. It has now become clear what game Kamala is now playing. She probably made sure that the Dodd comments were leaked.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 7:36 PM

R2, this sank Demings. Keep up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 7:37 PM

[quote] It has now become clear what game Kamala is now playing. She probably made sure that the Dodd comments were leaked.

I think it’s exactly this, and I think Biden and his people know it.

Self-sabotage in the course is tying to stand out/clinch it. Like “That little girl was me.”

Tracy Flick.

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 7:39 PM

*trying to stand out

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 7:40 PM

It will be either Harris or Warren. Both of them have been in the public long enough that any negatives are largely known. He won’t risk someone untried on the public stage.

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 7:45 PM

If it’s not Harris or bass, it will be rice. Period.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 7:48 PM

Oh, and rice has always been the beat pick

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 7:49 PM

Rice, Duckworth, or Harris.

Looking at this a certain way, they are the candidates of color with the strongest preparedness.

Regular posters or Alt-right/Putin trolls, it is doubtful DL will have any influence as to whom Biden chooses.

Left of center Bernbros, SJWs, and staunch progressives, prefer Warren

Obama may prefer Rice since she worked for him a long time; he's been close to Harris; Duckworth is from his state.

Bill Clinton praised and suggested K. Bottoms. Not sure how HRC feels about Rice. They had differences stemming from the 2008 primaries.

Demings has some Florida support, and would appeal to older southern black voters and other party moderates.

Bass has California support from advocates not locked onto Harris. She apparently has good support from within the Congressional black caucus and others in the House.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 7:50 PM

Biden Bottoms 2020? That’s right up there with the eBussy electric vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 7:53 PM

Well, you got 2 outta 3 right, R13.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 8:03 PM

From an hour ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 8:26 PM

A mother two little girls who knows how hard it is right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 8:28 PM

How is Harris "in trouble"? More trolling.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 8:30 PM

R18, keep up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 8:32 PM

That is not new, and no one except Harris haters takes it seriously. It's ginned up stories by either writers who need something to report or her rivals. You're an idiot R19.

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 8:39 PM

Bass and Cuba explained. Just work around Florida. Only Duckworth would have helped in Florida anyway (1.5 million vets). It’s too hard a state now. Like Ohio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 8:41 PM

Slate knows. It’s Harris and then Bass. Rice after them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 8:45 PM

She’s ready to release the plaintiff from her NDA. I’m curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 8:48 PM

Jim Clyburn signaled yesterday that it’s ok if the VP pick isn’t Black. This is from PBS. He said the same on All Things Considered on NPR.

I think we know now. The Times piece today, and this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 9:03 PM

The powers that be running the Democratic Party wanted Biden and they got him. Now they're stalling with regard to choosing a "suitable" running mate. It's time to quit dicking around and get this show up and running. Find someone with a backbone who can bring something worth voting for to this campaign. Biden needs to get his energy level up and get on with it.

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 9:26 PM

All these leaks from concern trolls within the party are not a good look for the Biden campaign. Agree with R25, he needs to make the pick and get the show on the road (virtually, of course).

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 9:29 PM

All these leaks from concern trolls within the party are not a good look for the Biden campaign. Agree with R25, he needs to make the pick and get the show on the road (virtually, of course).

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 9:29 PM

[QUOTE] Jim Clyburn signaled yesterday that it’s ok if the VP pick isn’t Black. This is from PBS. He said the same on All Things Considered on NPR.

It’s going to be Elizabeth Warren. No other candidate could energize the Biden campaign like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 9:30 PM

Blacks don’t like prosecutors like Harris or cops like Demings. Bass is out with the Scientology crazy. Abrams isn’t qualified. Hopefully, it will be Sally Yates.

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 9:33 PM

Agreed R28.

Plus Warren has a huge built-in fan base.

Nobody even knows or cares about Tammy Duckworth. And they certainly won't vote for her.

If Biden is smart, and if Biden wants to win, he will go with Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 9:34 PM

I'm good with Warren. She's smart, savvy, and knowledgeable, and she's got great energy. She's what Biden needs in a running mate.

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 9:35 PM

Elizabeth Warren is too polarizing. She’s not popular and couldn’t win anything and not even her own state. The Warren trolls need to stop.

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 9:35 PM

🙋 Go #TeamWarren !

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 9:39 PM

Go #TeamYates!

by Anonymousreply 34August 1, 2020 9:40 PM

I want Harris to be Att. General so we can watch her mop up the floor with all the GOP that are going to be arrested

by Anonymousreply 35August 1, 2020 9:41 PM

#TEAMWARREN!

by Anonymousreply 36August 1, 2020 9:44 PM

Will lose more moderates with faux Indian Warren, she of the trans child vets Sec of Education, than Harris. Moderates actually like her and her law enforcement background. Black voters (you know the old ones) have no problem with her. The anti-Harris troll is desperate.

by Anonymousreply 37August 1, 2020 9:48 PM

I can't wait to find out how this goes down in the black community if Warren is his pick. It's not gonna be pretty, guys.

by Anonymousreply 38August 1, 2020 9:51 PM

[quote] Will lose more moderates with faux Indian Warren

I see Donald Trump has joined this thread.

[quote] I can't wait to find out how this goes down in the black community if Warren is his pick.

They will just have to deal with it.

Not everything is about the "black community."

This is about Joe Biden winning the election.

by Anonymousreply 39August 1, 2020 9:54 PM

Warren is not going to be the pick. We can’t win with a coastal Democrat. She wouldn’t be able to help Biden in the Midwest or the south. She needs to stay in the Senate. We need a Midwestern or southern VP. We need moderate Republicans and independents to vote.

by Anonymousreply 40August 1, 2020 9:54 PM

According to the Warren trolls, R38, the Black community loves Warren more than Harris (whom they apparently despise. )

by Anonymousreply 41August 1, 2020 9:54 PM

[quote] We can’t win with a coastal Democrat. She wouldn’t be able to help Biden in the Midwest or the south

by Anonymousreply 42August 1, 2020 9:59 PM

[quote] We can’t win with a coastal Democrat. She wouldn’t be able to help Biden in the Midwest or the south

See, now I know you're just being a Warren hater.

You have no clue about her story.

Elizabeth Warren is originally from Oklahoma, and grew up poor.

She is VERY relatable to Southerners and Midwesterners. She is FROM the South and the West.

You know who isn't? Kamala Harris. Susan Rice. Bass. and Duckworth.

by Anonymousreply 43August 1, 2020 10:01 PM

Warren comes off as a phony old stuck up Harvard professor!

by Anonymousreply 44August 1, 2020 10:03 PM

[quote] Warren comes off as a phony old stuck up Harvard professor!

Well at least Harris is genuine.

A genuine BITCH.

by Anonymousreply 45August 1, 2020 10:06 PM

I live in Illinois and like Duckworth but you hardly hear anything about her here. She's a non-entity, hear more about Durbin.

by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2020 10:57 PM

Biden is fretting with this for too long. It is inflaming, unnecessarily, the varying factions within the Democratic party. He needs to say he has made a decision and it will be announced next week or a given timely date. He doesn't need to look indecisive, and put each prospect through humiliation in the media by speculating on the shortcomings of each.

by Anonymousreply 47August 1, 2020 11:08 PM

[quote] Biden is fretting with this for too long. It is inflaming, unnecessarily, the varying factions within the Democratic party. He needs to say he has made a decision and it will be announced next week or a given timely date. He doesn't need to look indecisive, and put each prospect through humiliation in the media by speculating on the shortcomings of each.

Um.... like it or not, it's called the vetting process.

And as others have already mentioned, Obama didn't choose Biden until August 23, 2008. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 48August 1, 2020 11:11 PM

If Biden picks Bass, he will lose Florida. Period, end of story. Anti-Castro hate is a baseline cultural norm in Florida, even if you aren't Cuban. Saying anything good about Castro... ever... is almost INCONCEIVABLY taboo.

Just look at the anti-Sanders/BernieBro backlash in Florida after Sanders said something even slightly not anti-Castro. And Bass was an all-out FANGIRL of Fidel Castro.

Right now, Florida is almost Biden's to lose. All it would take is a swarm of young voters angry about Trump "banning" TikTok to tip Florida to Biden. If Biden picks Bass, winning Florida would take divine intervention.

Biden picking Bass wouldn't just cost him Florida, it would probably flip 2 or 3 Democrat-held Congressional seats to Republicans as well. Representatives like Debbie Mucarsel-Powell would be in an impossible situation... support Biden & be called a Castro-loving communist, or disavow Biden & probably lose anyway.

Biden will not pick Bass. It would be senseless political suicide. Bass has no organized supporters, and an entire large state who'd regard her as the kiss of death.

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2020 11:11 PM

R48 you assume an observation is ignoring vetting? You are making an assumption to respond contrary when you weren't asked. Obama did not run a public beauty contest in 2008. It was rather confidential until it was announced. If there was drama, it was bargaining with Hillary to be the Secretary of State. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2020 11:22 PM

Agreed that Karen Bass is immediately out. Everyone knows Scientology is a cult and has known that for decades, ESPECIALLY in California. Her explanation is ridiculous. Kamala is not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2020 11:28 PM

[quote] Obama did not run a public beauty contest in 2008. It was rather confidential until it was announced.

Well then tell Harris to stop leaking the stories.

She's doing this to pressure Biden into choosing her.

If she's this much drama now, just imagine how much drama she would bring if Harris was ever the VP nominee.

The woman is NOT worth the hassle.

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2020 11:30 PM

Susan Rice, VP. I actually feel most comfortable with her.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2020 11:39 PM

The Warren fans went to lower-tier schools, I think. Dear god their clueless about strategy and the facts on the ground is alarming.

Go to grad school. Learn something.

by Anonymousreply 54August 2, 2020 12:11 AM

I will vote for TRUMP over a Scientologist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disgusting. Scary. Xenu loving bitch.

by Anonymousreply 55August 2, 2020 12:35 AM

Of course Kamala and her people are leaking these stories. We see you Kamala.

And what part of we need Warren's Senate seat do some of you not understand. Massachusetts has a Republican Governor.

I agree that Bass is a bad idea.

Rice is looking better and better.

by Anonymousreply 56August 2, 2020 12:37 AM

Not an old white lady, not while BLM is protesting in the streets. You guys are so clueless when it comes to race, dismissing the Black Vote and taking it for granted. Once again, the Black Vote saved Biden's ass. It would piss a whole lot of Blacks if Biden picked Warren.

by Anonymousreply 57August 2, 2020 12:46 AM

Duckworth will never be VP.

But she can sweep the White House floors, if she'd like the position.

by Anonymousreply 58August 2, 2020 12:49 AM

He should choose Michelle Obama, she is the best choice!

by Anonymousreply 59August 2, 2020 1:18 AM

It really would be over if he chose Michelle, but after the way she was treated, Michelle wants no part of politics.

by Anonymousreply 60August 2, 2020 1:20 AM

The VP selection will be Susan Rice.

by Anonymousreply 61August 2, 2020 1:29 AM

Don't forget that Bass also praised comrade Fidel. She's a goner.

by Anonymousreply 62August 2, 2020 1:35 AM

The loss of Warren's Senate seat to a Republican is overblown.

1. Yes, MA's Republican governor will probably appoint a Republican to replace her... but it's only for something like 120-180 days, until a special election for MA's voters to choose their permanent replacement gets held.

2. The governor won't appoint a Trumpist. He'll appoint a moderate Republican whom Fox would in any other scenario deride as a "RINO". Basically, the Governor will be telling MA's voters, "please give this Republican a chance to earn your love". Whether or not they do largely depends upon how that Republican behaves during the weeks leading up to the special election.

3. Whomever gets appointed will probably like being a Senator, and want to win the election for real so they can KEEP being MA's Senator. They're going to bend over backwards to appease Democrats, and for all intents and purpose will probably vote the same way Warren herself would have voted during those weeks. If Biden and the Democratic Leadership has any sanity, the focus of those first few weeks will be, "make the ACA politically unassailable going forward" (by making voters and states so dependent upon its continued existence, even the THREAT of disruption will stop any future changes not overwhelmingly supported by voters. Think: Medicare & Social Security).

4. It's almost UNHEARD of for the Republican party to support a primary challenger against an incumbent Republican. Oh... you can RUN, as a Republican, against an incumbent Republican... and the Party will blackball you for the rest of your political life unless you win both the primary AND the subsequent election. So, even if the appointed Republican votes with the Democrats 100%, the Republican Party of Massachusetts will STILL support them 100% in the election, and regard any primary challenger as an opportunistic traitor to the party.

There IS, of course, a real danger that MA's likely appointed Republican interim Senator MIGHT manage to win, and thereafter become at least a speedbump... but I think both parties are going to have serious internal divides after this election anyway. If the Senate ends up with a Democratic majority even WITH a Republican from Massachusetts, and the Democratic leadership extends an olive branch and allows "sane" Republicans to have positions that would normally be closed to non-Democrats as a reward for playing nicely, I think it'll shatter the ability of the Republican Party's leaders to maintain a united front against them... even moreso, when you consider that the Trump and non-Trump wings of the Republican Party hate each other more than the non-Trump Republicans dislike centrist Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 63August 2, 2020 1:38 AM

It's not overblown. Have you not been paying attention these last 3 and half years? You're making a lot of assumptions, based on absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 64August 2, 2020 1:45 AM

[quote] Duckworth will never be VP. But she can sweep the White House floors

No, actually she can’t.

by Anonymousreply 65August 2, 2020 1:56 AM

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. Harris, Warren, and Rice are the only choices here.

by Anonymousreply 66August 2, 2020 1:58 AM

In what could possibly be the difference between controlling the Senate or not, you don't willingly give up a Senate seat, even in Massachusetts. They did after all, elect Scott Brown after Ted Kennedy died.

by Anonymousreply 67August 2, 2020 2:00 AM

[quote] I can't wait to find out how this goes down in the black community if Warren is his pick. It's not gonna be pretty, guys.

This. Especially after indicating he was going to pick a Black woman. And same goes for Duckworth.

by Anonymousreply 68August 2, 2020 2:09 AM

Normally, I don’t go in for this kind of stuff.. but this time black women have a point. Black women have saved the Democratic Party from itself on more than a few occasions. I think it’s time to show them some love. Whether it’s a VP or a SCOTUS appointment. Either way, you can’t keep forgetting the people who brought you to the dance.

by Anonymousreply 69August 2, 2020 2:23 AM

It’s not “forgetting” black people to acknowledge that none of the black women being discussed is electable in 2024. They’re not.

Kamala did very badly in the primary considering how well known she is and how influential a state California is. She was positioned to do much better than she did. It was surprising to most how badly she did. She was a horrible, unlikable, Tracy Flick. And she is the most qualified of the black women on paper.

Hillary should have taught people, you can’t force people to vote for the nominee if they don’t want to. And there’s nothing about these women that is a compelling sell. They’re just anonymous unknowns on the national scene at this point. If Biden was twenty years younger, I’d say, sure, give them a platform. But this is not amateur night here. The President after Biden is still going to be cleaning up Trump’s mess. Why should anybody vote for some nobody when we already know they’re going to be facing cleaning up the remains of the Great Depression 2.0, facing an insurmountable deficit, and god knows what else. Nobody is going to vote for a skin color, no matter how much it is “owed” to them. Nobody is “owed” the Presidency. There is no such thing as it’s their turn. Remember 2016?

by Anonymousreply 70August 2, 2020 2:46 AM

I didn’t say black people, I said black women. And you don’t know who is or isn’t electable in 2024. That’s a lifetime away, politically. We have to get through 2020 and the 2022 mid terms first.

by Anonymousreply 71August 2, 2020 2:54 AM

[quote] Nobody is going to vote for a skin color, no matter how much it is “owed” to them. Nobody is “owed” the Presidency. There is no such thing as it’s their turn. Remember 2016?

You just don't get it,, do you? This is why we haven't been able to have police reform because white people aren't sensitive to the people of color and the anguish they've gone through. That's why people are now protesting because they're tired of people not listening. And you are clearly not listening. And you're of the same mindset.

by Anonymousreply 72August 2, 2020 2:55 AM

Scientology has been getting exposed since the fucking 1960s. There’s no excuses for what she did

Biden should pick Duckwotth and be done with it. He shouldn’t be bullied into picking someone just because of the color of their skin. That’s so fucking regressive.

by Anonymousreply 73August 2, 2020 2:58 AM

R70 is exactly right.

And R72 is the one who doesn't get it.

[quote] Black women have saved the Democratic Party from itself on more than a few occasions. I think it’s time to show them some love.

That's great. And the party is appreciative.

But if we want to WIN the election, then it must be Warren.

Not Harris. Not Rice. Not Bass. Not Duckworth.

WARREN.

by Anonymousreply 74August 2, 2020 3:00 AM

If the election was just being held in New York and California then I would agree that Warren would be the choice, but Warren does not appeal to democrats in the swing states. Have you not been paying attention?

by Anonymousreply 75August 2, 2020 3:02 AM

Warren will hurt Biden. Moderates don’t like her because she pretends to be progressive, progressives don’t like her because she’s really a moderate and worked with billionaires to screw Bernie over.

by Anonymousreply 76August 2, 2020 3:02 AM

[quote] If the election was just being held in New York and California then I would agree that Warren would be the choice, but Warren does not appeal to democrats in the swing states.

You have it backwards.

Swing state voters will never vote for Harris, Rice, Bass or Duckface.

Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 77August 2, 2020 3:14 AM

R74 is clueless. Not picking a woman of color is like ghosting the person who saved your life.

Warren couldn't even win her own state. Picking her as VP would be one less Senate seat in Congress and if MA has a GOP governor, that's one less Democratic seat in Congress. We need to WIN the Senate at all cost.

She's also in her 70's. Why would we want two geriatrics in the WH? Although she looks like a healthy 71 year old, we really need someone younger and energetic who can carry the rest of the term if Biden gets ill and the younger generations can relate to..

by Anonymousreply 78August 2, 2020 3:14 AM

Karen Bass is the person who convinced Dem congress people to wear Kente cloth when announcing their police reform bill. I don't care what else she has going on, that was so fantastically out of touch it should eliminate her from consideration.

by Anonymousreply 79August 2, 2020 3:16 AM

Warren is too progressive and out of step with Biden. He has said many times he wants someone he can get along with. That’s going to be a moderate whose views are similar to his own. Biden is not looking for someone who is going to argue with him on every view.

R72, black people can be “anguished” all day long until they’re blue in the face. They are only a part of the Democratic Party, not the entire party. And most people are more interested in electing somebody that can carry the load, not an affirmative action hire. The job is too important. The idea that any old person can be President because it’s just so easy should have gone out permanently with Trump. No, any old person cannot do it.

Maybe black people voted for Obama solely on his skin color, but everybody else voted for the smartest guy in the room. The problem with the women being discussed is nobody thinks they’re the smartest person in the room. In fact, the little we know about them includes dumb decisions and dumb choices.

Kamala Harris did badly because of her own poor choices. Everybody thought she’d do great and she didn’t. Nobody can save her from herself. And that was just a trial run, not even a whole campaign and she was already bombing. And in 2024 she’d be on the top of the ticket with nobody to hide behind.

by Anonymousreply 80August 2, 2020 3:18 AM

[quote] Swing state voters will never vote for Harris, Rice, Bass or Duckface.

I'm sure Trump will be delighted because that will be his calling card. However, there will likely be 200,000 Covid deaths hanging like an albatross around his neck.

by Anonymousreply 81August 2, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote] Warren couldn't even win her own state

Harris couldn't even make it to the Primaries.

by Anonymousreply 82August 2, 2020 3:23 AM

But Harris would win California

by Anonymousreply 83August 2, 2020 3:24 AM

Biden should never have committed himself to anyone, male, female, black or white. The possible candidates should have been investigated before Biden said a word. He's dragging his feet, he can't afford stalling any longer. God knows we need Trump out before he burns down the White House, but seriously, do you think the 78 year old Biden is the best choice? That concerns me. His VP needs to be a take charge person with experience and knowledge in the political arena. We can't afford to lose this election to the Trump Family Circus.

by Anonymousreply 84August 2, 2020 3:30 AM

Was Bernie, someone who has never gotten any piece of significant legislation passed, qualified? Some of you talk out of the sides of your neck when you go on about who is and isn’t qualified.

by Anonymousreply 85August 2, 2020 3:47 AM

I have no fucking idea who Karen Bass is and I am sure 99 percent of voters don’t.

by Anonymousreply 86August 2, 2020 3:57 AM

I don’t know who Karen Bass is either other than praising Scientology.

She’s VP toast.

by Anonymousreply 87August 2, 2020 4:19 AM

R58, some respect, the woman is a US Senator

by Anonymousreply 88August 2, 2020 4:33 AM

I wonder if there is a still chance for Michelle Lujan Grisham.

by Anonymousreply 89August 2, 2020 4:40 AM

I’m confused. Is Biden hiring a new cleaning lady?

by Anonymousreply 90August 2, 2020 6:14 AM

Kamala or Tammy Duckworth will do. Im not sure who Karen Bass is but if she kisses up to scientology, that is not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 91August 2, 2020 6:51 AM

I was beat up here a few months ago for even suggesting Susan Rice. I think she is just damn fine for the job.

by Anonymousreply 92August 2, 2020 10:35 AM

Biden blundered when he promised a female VP. He pandered by doing this. I lost respect. Why not vet all the BEST possible candidates and choose a female? Selecting Liz Warren would turn me off completely to him. I love the lesbian from Minnesota if given the choice, but she is WHITE, oh no! oh no!

by Anonymousreply 93August 2, 2020 12:05 PM

Rice is ok. If the Dems want to beat Trump they need Black turnout in swing states of Virginia and North Carolina and probably in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 94August 2, 2020 12:17 PM

It will be a Senator. Harris, Warren, or Duckworth. I think Warren may be getting stronger consideration than people thought. Apparently Biden's internal polling found that African American voters are on board with her.

by Anonymousreply 95August 2, 2020 1:38 PM

Rice is 100% unqualified. She has never held elected office.

by Anonymousreply 96August 2, 2020 1:40 PM

What does being “qualified” have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 97August 2, 2020 1:48 PM

Rice is unqualified!

by Anonymousreply 98August 2, 2020 2:18 PM

Mayor Pete, or someone equally bright in the same age category would be the perfect choice.

Biden finally snapped out of his coma, and showed signs of life, but he seems to be backsliding again. His energy level is so low it can barely be calculated. Someone pushing 80, Democrat or Republican, with a temper isn't a great choice for any country.

by Anonymousreply 99August 2, 2020 4:02 PM

R96 - the Orange Menace never held public office before and he's now in the White House so your statement is ludicrous.

Susan Rice was a diplomat, an Ambassador, a national security and policy advisor. Rice may never have been elected for anything but she's a lot more qualified and capable than Donald Trump ever was - and is.

by Anonymousreply 100August 2, 2020 4:09 PM

I wish Biden hadn't committed to a woman VP. Look I'm a woman and I have waited a long time but nothing is more important than winning right now. Nothing. He needs to pick the one who will most help us win. Period. This isn't like days of yore - he needs someone with real name recognition. And preferably someone with no issues that will turn off a huge swath of voters.

by Anonymousreply 101August 2, 2020 4:17 PM

[quote]And preferably someone with no issues that will turn off a huge swath of voters.

That's easy in theory, hard to execute. There is something wrong with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 102August 2, 2020 4:20 PM

[quote][R96] - the Orange Menace never held public office before and he's now in the White House so your statement is ludicrous.

Trump is 100% unqualified to be President, as is Susan Rice.

by Anonymousreply 103August 2, 2020 4:58 PM

[quote]And preferably someone with no issues that will turn off a huge swath of voters.

That person doesn’t exist.

by Anonymousreply 104August 2, 2020 4:58 PM

[quote] That person doesn’t exist.

Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 2, 2020 5:01 PM

Buttigieg should have been the Presidential nominee,

by Anonymousreply 106August 2, 2020 5:15 PM

Buttigieg polled at ZERO among Blacks.

by Anonymousreply 107August 2, 2020 5:18 PM

[quote]Buttigieg polled at ZERO among Blacks.

Do we really need to go there again? Pete got a hatchet job by the media and the progressives who inflated his problems with black voters. He would have been a great candidate and an even better president.

by Anonymousreply 108August 2, 2020 5:22 PM

Lujan-Grisham has no negatives and she's qualified. She'd also help bring in Arizona and solidify Nevada. She's a governor, but has also been in Congress and was her state's public health officer. Joe is strong with Blacks, but could use some power with Hispanic voters.

The problem isn't picking a woman--women are 51 percent of the population. It's picking a Black woman--, that's 6 percent of the population and the right candidate's not there. None of them are as qualified as Amy Klobuchar or Warren. Harris would work if she hadn't blown up her relationship with Biden, but she did.

It's a little crazy that George Floyd's death means Biden can only pick a VP from a small pool of mostly underqualified politicians.

I'm hoping someone's got some sense and he picks Lujan-Grisham or Duckworth.

by Anonymousreply 109August 2, 2020 5:33 PM

I’ll be very disappointed if he picks Harris or Bass. If he wants a Black woman, I’d rather it be Demings. I think R109 is right, however: Duckworth or Lujan-Grisham would be best.

Warren isn’t happening. Coastal liberals are so clueless how she’s perceived in the Midwest, by older voters, and moderate men. It’s actually funny, seeing supporters rave about how she’ll “unify the party and mobilize the base.” Crazy clueless.

by Anonymousreply 110August 2, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote] Harris would work if she hadn't blown up her relationship with Biden, but she did.

R109, she totally did - all of last week (Politico article, speech, conference call) was a ploy by her to corner Biden into selecting her, right? Not being sarcastic: you see it too right?

by Anonymousreply 111August 2, 2020 5:45 PM

I hope Biden picks a white woman just to shut the fucking mouth up of Sunny Hostin, the woman is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 112August 2, 2020 6:09 PM

I want to see Joy Reid’s wig blow off when he picks a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 113August 2, 2020 6:34 PM

Messy lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 2, 2020 6:48 PM

Biden should pick Kirsten Gillibrand.

by Anonymousreply 115August 2, 2020 6:49 PM

What in the hell was the Democratic Party thinking when they froze out every single Democratic candidate because they wanted Biden, and damn them for managing to pull it off. I hope they do a far superior job of selecting his VP and cabinet members.

by Anonymousreply 116August 2, 2020 6:52 PM

2 Little, 2 Late for Bass.

Toss her back into the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 117August 2, 2020 6:54 PM

[QUOTE] What in the hell was the Democratic Party thinking when they froze out every single Democratic candidate because they wanted Biden, and damn them for managing to pull it off.

What in the hell is R116 thinking by characterizing Biden’s victory this way? How did the party “freeze out every single Democratic candidate”? You mean the part where they got their asses kicked by Joe Biden in South Carolina?

by Anonymousreply 118August 2, 2020 6:55 PM

Biden doesn't have the strength to kick a Chihuahua puppy's ass.

by Anonymousreply 119August 2, 2020 6:57 PM

Michelle is more Grisham than Lujan. Listen to her gringo Spanish at the end of this ad. Tim Kaine had a more plausible accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 2, 2020 7:02 PM

[QUOTE] Biden doesn't have the strength to kick a Chihuahua puppy's ass.

Is Bernie Sanders weaker than a Chihuahua puppy? Cause Joe kicked his ass up and down the country. He got DESTROYED in damn near every state he won in 2016. Have you forgotten this already? I mean it wasn’t that long ago.

[QUOTE] Sanders had won the Wisconsin primary in 2016 over eventual nominee Hillary Clinton. His defeat this year underscores how he's fared worse in the Midwest, compared with four years ago. Another example: Biden won every county in Michigan several weeks ago, after Sanders won that state as well in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 2, 2020 7:08 PM

Middle class people will never connect with Susan Rice.

I like Lujan-Grisham now.

by Anonymousreply 122August 2, 2020 7:11 PM

What's ol' man Sanders been up to these past few months, anyway? One would think he'd be out and about, loud and finger waving, energy restored from sleeping through Trump's Impeachment trial and the working hours of his job, the last 30+ years.

New mansion shopping, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 123August 2, 2020 7:13 PM

Tammy Baldwin is the person to consider. A midwestern Lesbian who can tear Pence to shreds would be my pick.

by Anonymousreply 124August 2, 2020 7:16 PM

What Bernie is up to lately isn't the problem.

What Biden isn't doing is the real problem.

by Anonymousreply 125August 2, 2020 7:37 PM

Bernie had his usual lip service about how he would “campaign for the nominee,” but he won’t unless there’s a big TV moment like a convention.

As long as he’s not actively trying to primary Biden or some state Democratic candidate, just be glad he’s not trying to undermine our party again and leave him alone.

by Anonymousreply 126August 2, 2020 8:12 PM

Gosh I wish they’d conclude this. The suspense is making me stressed out lol.

by Anonymousreply 127August 2, 2020 8:15 PM

[quote] Blacks don’t like prosecutors like Harris or cops like Demings.

*eye roll*

by Anonymousreply 128August 2, 2020 8:30 PM

I really like Rice. Admittedly, I didn't know much about her six months ago. But she's on the shows quite frequently and she seems strong, calm, and wicked smart.

I am also a fan of Duckworth. Badass.

Please not Kamala (I'm from CA and like her as AG but not as a VP or Prez).

by Anonymousreply 129August 2, 2020 11:18 PM

Baldwin is number 1 choice!

by Anonymousreply 130August 3, 2020 12:24 AM

We might not hear the pick until next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 3, 2020 4:52 AM

We might not hear the pick until next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 3, 2020 4:52 AM

Lujan-Grisham is qualified. But, I could see Biden not picking her because she comes from a Latino sub-ethnic that is very different than other Latino groups in the country.

by Anonymousreply 133August 3, 2020 4:53 AM

It seems it may be down to Warren and Duckworth. Both had big profiles in the NY Times this week.

by Anonymousreply 134August 3, 2020 8:53 PM

[quote] It seems it may be down to Warren and Duckworth

Warren, yes.

Duckface? NEVER.

There will never be an oriental in the White House, except to mop the floors.

by Anonymousreply 135August 3, 2020 8:58 PM

When Joe wakes up from his nap, Mrs. Biden needs to remind her husband that it's already August 3rd. He's cutting it pretty close.

by Anonymousreply 136August 3, 2020 8:59 PM

I'm Team Yates all the way. Could she still be the pick even though she's not really being talked about? I really hope she's the dark horse pick.

by Anonymousreply 137August 3, 2020 9:07 PM

I have a question.

Which of the possible picks would appeal to those white middle class women that Trump was talking about?

by Anonymousreply 138August 3, 2020 9:08 PM

R138, probably anyone who has little children.

by Anonymousreply 139August 3, 2020 9:17 PM

Among the reporterd top five (Warren, Harris, Duckworth, Bass, Demings), only Duckworth had little children. Here’s the older daughter. Biden is swearing her into the Senate. Grandma is holding the daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 3, 2020 9:26 PM

Here we go. Both daughters. Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 3, 2020 9:26 PM

*has little children

by Anonymousreply 142August 3, 2020 9:30 PM

I want whatever woman will help Biden win. I would have loved for Warren to win the nomination, but given her poor showing in primaries, I can't imagine she'd be an asset. Harris didn't do particularly well, either.

I think Duckworth is the most helpful for the ticket, and that's fine. Whatever.

As an aside, I really don't understand our country's knee-jerk reverence for the veterans of our recent wars. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were terrible for the US. They made us markedly less safe (contributing to the rise of ISIS). People died and were mutilated for no good reason. All of the wars after ww2 were pointless far as I can tell, but the ones since 9/11 have been especially bad.

There is no draft now, so I really just don't get it the reverence for people who willingly signed up to fight these wars. I think of them as people who made terrible decisions and I'm sorry for them, but I don't think there's anything laudable in what they did.

Still, Duckworth will be fine. Enough Americans disagree with me about wars and the military that she'll have the high ground when compared to Cadet Bone Spurs.

by Anonymousreply 143August 3, 2020 9:42 PM

R143, it doesn't work like that: she didn't "sign up" to join the military when we went to war with Iraq. She was a soldier from 1996 and was called to duty.

[quote] Yet Ms. Duckworth’s is a worldview that has long defied easy labeling. She is at once the product of a globe-trotting conservative military family sustained by food stamps in her youth and a soldier who gave her limbs to a war whose wisdom she came to question. She is a woman well acquainted with male-dominated worlds — fellow pilots called her “Mommy Platoon Leader” long before she became the first sitting senator to give birth, at age 50 — and a canny politician whose connections helped guide her to the upper reaches of her party.

[quote] Before her deployment eight years later, Ms. Duckworth had been working at Rotary International, helping to manage offices in its Asia-Pacific region. When the Guard sought out commissioned officers for a mission to Iraq, she volunteered, arriving in March 2004. (Ms. Duckworth has said she always believed the Bush administration “started this war for themselves,” but as a soldier, “you keep your personal opinions to yourself.”)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 3, 2020 9:46 PM

There's only one woman who can help Biden make a clean sweep in the Bible belt, a woman with perennial Southern belle charm. Ah Joe, as good a man as God ever created... Call me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 3, 2020 9:55 PM

The guys on Pod Save today were desperately propping up Harris.

by Anonymousreply 146August 3, 2020 10:01 PM

R144, you quoted this yourself: " When the Guard sought out commissioned officers for a mission to Iraq, she volunteered"

So she didn't have to go fight.

I am not saying she's a bad veep choice, but I really just do not get the reverence for people who chose to be cannon fodder in conflicts that made us less safe.

(I'll vote for Biden no matter who he chooses.

by Anonymousreply 147August 3, 2020 10:16 PM

KA-MA-LAH's in Jeopardy. Baby.

Wooo ooh ooh ooh.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 3, 2020 10:18 PM

R147, there was a call. She was among those to whom the call was made. She answered the call. That’s not signing up for a particular war. That’s stepping up to do your duty when it’s requested, even if you don’t agree with the circumstances under which that call was made. You are subject to the call.

You have to be a military family to understand, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 149August 3, 2020 10:44 PM

Also,, R147, whether you like Duckworth or not doesn’t matter. Whether you’ll vote Biden doesn’t matter. Don’t worry about telling me that. We’re talking about an abstract idea: whether a soldier answering the call means “signing up” for the particular war, as if in support of its political agenda, cf. it’s about doing one’s duty regardless of the politics.

I don’t care about your personal preferences, nor should you care about mine. A lot of people here get ad hominem (cf. an ad hominem attack, which I’m not talking about) on instinct, even when it’s irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 150August 3, 2020 10:51 PM

Does Duckface do laundry?

She can press my shirts.

by Anonymousreply 151August 3, 2020 10:53 PM

[quote] Does Duckface do laundry?

Ancient chinese secret...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 3, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote]There is no draft now, so I really just don't get it the reverence for people who willingly signed up to fight these wars.

There is no draft going on now but military recruitment has begun targeting kids that play video games by advertising on places like TWITCH which is a site for gamers. If you are playing video wars games I guess they figure you are a great target for recruitment.

Parents should be made aware that sites like TWITCH and other places gamers frequent are being targeted by the military.

by Anonymousreply 153August 3, 2020 11:11 PM

Warren could be an asset if she is prepped well enough to talk to middle class minds. She's no nonsense and all she needs is a little bit of folksy to make her more relatable to those Trump women. I know she's 71 but she does not come across as ancient like Joe does. She just seems like an older woman.

Joe ain't going to make the whole four years, there's no way. She's the only one I'd feel comfortable with taking over for him.

How do people feel about Kamala as a Supreme Court pick if Joe does win or Attorney General.

by Anonymousreply 154August 3, 2020 11:19 PM

I'd be happy with Harris on our SCOTUS.

NO to Warren. It is too late for her to have a make-over to broaden her appeal.

by Anonymousreply 155August 3, 2020 11:28 PM

Duckworth as VP, Kamala as AG, Susan Rice as Secretary of State, Anita Hill on the Supreme Court. Where does Mayor Pete fit?

by Anonymousreply 156August 4, 2020 12:13 AM

Harris would be a great AG.

Rice could be Secretary of State.

Bass can be Speaker.

Demings or Duckworth could be VP.

Warren could be Treasury Secretary or Chief Economic Advisor

by Anonymousreply 157August 4, 2020 12:22 AM

R156 so similar lol.

Pete... Homeland Security Secretary? HUD Secretary? Or something in the Defense Department? Chief of Staff?

by Anonymousreply 158August 4, 2020 12:24 AM

Bass keeps on explaining herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 4, 2020 12:31 AM

Mayor Pete for Representative to the United Nations.

by Anonymousreply 160August 4, 2020 12:44 AM

Mayor Pete for 2021 Mr. International Leather, see you in Chicago hun.

by Anonymousreply 161August 4, 2020 1:24 AM

How did Karen Bass come out of nowhere to now be considered one of the top three in just a matter of a couple weeks? Something is really off about her. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s being propped up by the Russians. I do not trust her at all. Her pro-Castro statements and her pro-Scientology views are very suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 162August 4, 2020 3:28 PM

R152, I think she was a pushed as part of a test of Harris: what would Harris do to get her way, if she perceived a very serious threat to her chances of being selected? Whom would she hurt and how? Last week showed us what she'd do: use the media on Monday to create a victim-of-misogyny narrative (withy a little victim-of-racism sprinkled in some of the media analyses), get her allies on Wednesday to intimidate the selection committee in a demanded conference call, and stand before young Black woman on Friday saying "that little girl was me" again.

I think they were considering Bass, but they also had this sort of test in mind as an additional benefit of floating her. Harris's people, it turns out, knocked Bass out with the Scientology and Castro material. They basically knocked each other out: Bass unwittingly, Harris very intentionally.

by Anonymousreply 163August 4, 2020 3:33 PM

Karen Bass is Chair of the Black Caucus and is said to be a good legislator. My thought is Bass was moved up the list to counter Kamala and that's when Kamala lost her shit.

by Anonymousreply 164August 4, 2020 3:35 PM

R164, do you think it was an intentional test on the part of Biden's team (of Harris)? And do you think the Castro and Scientology stuff (presumably from Harris's people) have knocked out Bass?

So that leaves Rice. And Duckworth and Warren, though they won't be picked.

by Anonymousreply 165August 4, 2020 3:41 PM

It could have been a test. That's a good theory. However, I do think Harris genuinely upset some people with that debate performance and they were looking for an alternative, any alternative.

by Anonymousreply 166August 4, 2020 3:47 PM

Last-hour lobbying by Rice. She senses a gap between Bass and Harris.

Good luck with that. Yeesh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 4, 2020 4:30 PM

Damn, Harris is a snake. We do need to use her somehow but not running the country.

If that is how she handles a little competition I don't want to see her dealing with intense foreign affairs negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 168August 4, 2020 6:14 PM

What I like about Rice is that she will cut a bitch. Putin would be pissing his dungarees. I don't mind Harris, but she will be measuring for new drapes every time she has a meeting in the oval office. She will walk up behind Joe and yell boo every chance she gets.

by Anonymousreply 169August 4, 2020 6:49 PM

I think Warren would be best.

by Anonymousreply 170August 4, 2020 7:28 PM

We need to go with Harris or Rice.

by Anonymousreply 171August 4, 2020 9:01 PM

Duckworth or Rice would be my preferences

by Anonymousreply 172August 4, 2020 9:06 PM

Agree, R172

by Anonymousreply 173August 4, 2020 9:09 PM

Two words: Tim Kane.

Unknown then, forgotten now.

by Anonymousreply 174August 4, 2020 9:30 PM

Jill Biden on PBS News Hour, talking about her "energetic" husband and how he's in contact "with thousands of people every day" via the internet campaign trail. She keeps saying "we." Is she presuming that she is going to be the female VP choice?

Where IS Joe, and why isn't he doing the talking?

by Anonymousreply 175August 4, 2020 11:36 PM

That would be Tim Kaine. ^

by Anonymousreply 176August 4, 2020 11:41 PM

It will be an African American woman. He set it up to appear that way. He can't step back with this crucial and understandably sensitive group.

Harris.

Rice is even more irritating that Harris and doesn't come across well. Bass is scary and a complete ego trip. Demings lacks apparent qualifications, as do a couple others. Duckworth is fine for me, but she isn't black. Can't not be blunt about it. Same with Warren but more so. And since Joe would be a one-term president, Warren is out because she's unelectable as a presidential nominee.

Harris.

The anti-Harris fool needs to shut it down. It adds nothing except the smoke of trollery, perhaps that of an interloper.

by Anonymousreply 177August 4, 2020 11:47 PM

Biden's camp should be doing the ads that the Lincoln Project are doing. Brutal and hard hitting.

This is why people want a VP choice soon as well. Because it also means getting somebody out there in the media every day delivering a message.

by Anonymousreply 178August 4, 2020 11:52 PM

[QUOTE] Where IS Joe, and why isn't he doing the talking?

He just had a goddamn press conference last week. Wtf is your problem, R175? She’s his wife and the next First Lady and you think she shouldn’t be allowed to speak? You think nobody wants to hear from her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 4, 2020 11:52 PM

Thank you for the correction, R176.

( Be careful in the use of up arrows so as to avoid being mistaken for the preceding poster editing himself.)

by Anonymousreply 180August 4, 2020 11:54 PM

R177, I hate it but I think you’re right. Everyone has been pressuring him to pick a Black woman. “It’s our time” they say. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 181August 4, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]Everyone has been pressuring him to pick a Black woman.

He was the one who promised a woman, possibly one of color to be his VP. So, if you want to be mad, then you know who to be mad at.

by Anonymousreply 182August 4, 2020 11:59 PM

We need a woman as VP just not a Black woman at this point in time.

by Anonymousreply 183August 5, 2020 12:01 AM

R182, I take issue with those insisting on the race of the woman being black.

by Anonymousreply 184August 5, 2020 12:24 AM

[quote] Everyone has been pressuring him to pick a Black woman. “It’s our time” they say. Sigh.

Remember what happened the last two times someone said "It's our time?"

Yeah. So do I.

by Anonymousreply 185August 5, 2020 12:51 AM

DUCKWORTH! DUCKWORTH!

by Anonymousreply 186August 7, 2020 5:30 AM

Nah never Duckworth unless he is really dumb. In this world you need someone who looks good and Harris fits the bill. Warren and Biden together are just the Geriatric Dream Team...too damn old.

by Anonymousreply 187August 7, 2020 5:51 AM

Agreed about their ages, r187.

Warren is out.

by Anonymousreply 188August 7, 2020 6:42 AM

Susan Rice dumped her Netflix stock. Clearing the way for the VP slot?

by Anonymousreply 189August 7, 2020 7:18 AM

the biddy praised sci tol??? hell wid her

by Anonymousreply 190August 7, 2020 8:13 AM

[quote] Warren is out.

Duckface was never in.

by Anonymousreply 191August 7, 2020 9:51 AM

You guys keep mocking Duckworth but I haven't come across one bad thing about her and she's a woman of color. If black people are the only people of color that exist, please let us know now -- so us other people of color can correct your asses.

by Anonymousreply 192August 7, 2020 11:17 AM

PICK STORMY, JOE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 7, 2020 2:59 PM

I'm black and as you can see, totally for Duckworth! I could care less about race, I want a decent and honorable human being in the vice presidency/presidency

by Anonymousreply 194August 7, 2020 7:39 PM

He should choose Oregon Governor Kate Brown.

by Anonymousreply 195August 8, 2020 2:30 AM

This is why I don’t like Duckworth. She’s another lackluster politician out to remain the “status quo”, despite the fact that Americans are suffering and we need drastic change. As a progressive, she is harming our movement.

I wish the VP pick was Ayanna Pressley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 8, 2020 2:55 AM

Is announcement coming on Monday?

by Anonymousreply 197August 8, 2020 3:52 AM

R196, Duckworth is correct.

by Anonymousreply 198August 8, 2020 3:55 AM

R198 I agree.

by Anonymousreply 199August 8, 2020 3:56 AM

With the news that Biden met personally with Gretchen Whitmer everything got more interesting. She’d be a wonderful choice. I know no one wants to hear this but the reason Biden is up 12 in the polls is because of old people. They would flee at a kamala Harris pick. I know it’s racist but it is what it is. We need to win.

by Anonymousreply 200August 8, 2020 3:57 AM

Whitmer would be an exciting choice! Her visit to Joe's home, is that the first of it's kind for the VP candidates?

by Anonymousreply 201August 8, 2020 4:01 AM

If he wants a white girl, it's should be Kirsten Gillibrand.

by Anonymousreply 202August 8, 2020 4:01 AM

Yes R201 it is. And I agree. Whitmer is a great choice. She has a great story. And she’s an authentic woman from Wisconsin. Seems like a no brainer

by Anonymousreply 203August 8, 2020 4:08 AM

Kirsten is a traitor to Dem. cause. Remember?

by Anonymousreply 204August 8, 2020 4:08 AM

I'm happy to hear about Whitmer.

She checks off a lot boxes, and I don't think she would hurt Biden.

by Anonymousreply 205August 8, 2020 4:19 AM

Gillibrand is a liberal Senator from New York, that is good enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 206August 8, 2020 4:23 AM

Karen Bass has one foot on mars. How is this woman the head of the CBC and a VP candidate?

by Anonymousreply 207August 8, 2020 4:23 AM

If the VP isn't a black woman, will the blacks stay home or even start rioting?

by Anonymousreply 208August 8, 2020 4:28 AM

R198

No, she isn’t. And if chosen, she would only further alienate the progressive sect of the party. Biden needs those voters in his corner, trust.

Same with black voters. They need to be energized. And Biden has been stumbling in his words. He has give opponents ammo to suppress the black vote further. He also owes it to black people for reviving his campaign.

Ayanna Pressley is the best choice.

by Anonymousreply 209August 8, 2020 4:35 AM

*given

by Anonymousreply 210August 8, 2020 4:37 AM

R208 you’ve been watching too much Joy Reid. Polling shows blacks don’t care about the race of the nominee

by Anonymousreply 211August 8, 2020 4:40 AM

I’d be very happy if Biden picked Whitmer. She’s not a coastal liberal. Shes from a swing state. She’s not Hillary. She can help in the Midwest and South. She can attract moderate Republicans. She’s scares Trump.

by Anonymousreply 212August 8, 2020 5:01 AM

Please stop talking about black people as though they are a monilithic group. Let each vote the way they feel.

by Anonymousreply 213August 8, 2020 6:40 AM

Somebody push the Duckworth Troll into a grease fire. That fugly gimp would be a joke.

by Anonymousreply 214August 8, 2020 7:23 AM

[quote] Somebody push the Duckworth Troll into a grease fire

Totally agree!

That freak is tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 215August 8, 2020 10:41 AM

I heard from a very reliable source that is going to be Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 216August 8, 2020 1:40 PM

Would black people respond well to Gretchen Whitmer?

by Anonymousreply 217August 8, 2020 5:45 PM

It's not going to be Duckworth. It will be a black woman--either Harris or Rice.

by Anonymousreply 218August 8, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote] If he wants a white girl, it's should be Kirsten Gillibrand.

Not in a million years!

by Anonymousreply 219August 8, 2020 5:50 PM

Whitmer may get the nod.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 8, 2020 5:58 PM

"Would black people respond well to Gretchen Whitmer?"

Sadly no, #217. African-Americans would opt-out in droves in protest. There would be marches and riots and looting. Those who bothered to vote at all would select or write-in Kanye.

by Anonymousreply 221August 8, 2020 6:06 PM

"Whitmer may get the nod."

But first she'll have to get the nob...

by Anonymousreply 222August 8, 2020 6:09 PM

R217 No

by Anonymousreply 223August 8, 2020 9:06 PM

Wasn’t Ayanna Pressley first elected in 2018? She was a school teacher before that?

It’s been less than two years since her election, Ayanna fan. She’s served in the House for about 18 months.

by Anonymousreply 224August 8, 2020 9:27 PM

Blacks will be fine with Whitmer. And they'll get a black Michigan governor

by Anonymousreply 225August 9, 2020 10:31 AM

wont be duckworth, alas, she too good for the position....

by Anonymousreply 226August 10, 2020 3:14 PM

People supporting Joe are seeking to right the Ship of State. Joe should not have decided that now is the time to make history.

by Anonymousreply 227August 10, 2020 5:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!