Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your favorite Seltzer/Sparkling Water brand and flavors?

Also, are they bad for you? I drink them instead of soda but I sometimes wonder if they’re just as bad for you? I know they have less sugar at least.

I love Bubly. They’re great. But Wegmans brand are amazing also. I love the Black Cherry Vanilla. Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2020 1:04 AM

One of the supermarkets has the 12 packs of VINTAGE on sale for $3 a box, 50% off. Idk if I should buy some or not, as I don’t know if I’ve ever had Vintage brand.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 6:39 PM

A while back, I compared all the different varieties of grapefruit seltzer I could find. I can't remember all the brands I tried, but I preferred Target's Simply Balanced the best by far. I can't speak to the other flavors.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 6:44 PM

Vintage is good, Target brand is good. Polar has lots of good flavors

They are good from a caloric point of view but my dentist yelled at me for drinking so much as the carbonation does something to your teeth

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 6:48 PM

LaCroix watermelon is the shit.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 6:50 PM

I get flavored seltzer water without sweeteners of any kind. I keep my honey bottles when they are 3/4 empty and fill with water letting the honey dissolve into the water. I add a squirt of the honey water to the seltzer water. I much prefer it, just a tiny bit of natural sweetener. I really love san pellegrenio but it has a lot of sugar. I don't do artificial sweetener.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 6:51 PM

The ShopRite brand of ginger seltzer is really good. It has just the right amount of ginger flavor.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 6:51 PM

Spa, Gerolsteiner, Badoit

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 6:55 PM

Henniez Red is also the shit.

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 6:56 PM

R6 funny you mention that, because I was about to say Rite Aid and CVS brands are really great too. I love them.

Target has more than one brand. Market Pantry, Good & Gather and Simply Balanced (their “healthy” brand).

Market Pantry tasted like sugar. Can’t drink it.

Simply Balanced and Good & Gather are fantastic. G&G is $3 for the 8 pack.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 6:56 PM

Oh, Costco’s brand is fantastic too. And cheap.

R3 you recommend Vintage?

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 6:56 PM

bubly is actually good as well

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 7:01 PM

R9 - Target's Good & Gather flavored seltzer is great - not only is it cheap, but like it better because it is not as carbonated as La Croix and the like, so I find it better tasting and easier to drink. Lime and grapefruit are delicious, but orange cranberry is a bit weak, I also love their cucumber mint flavor, but I'm a odd duck - I love black licorice.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 7:03 PM

R12 the Cucumber Mint is the best tasting. The Ginger & Peach is great too.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 7:05 PM

Mango White Claw

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 7:07 PM

San Pellegrino Blood Orange

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 7:52 PM

Love all the San Pellegrino flavors R15 - they are delicious, but contain so much sugar they really are just super fancy soda-pop; seltzer is a low/no cal drink.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 7:56 PM

R15 it’s delicious but tastes too much like a regular soda

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 7:56 PM

How do we feel about HINT? They started with just still (non-carbonated) flavored waters, but now they have a sparkling line as well.

Personally, I've enjoyed the Walmart brand of blackberry sparkling water.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 8:19 PM

Gerolsteiner for the win. Great tasting mineral water with a respectable calcium content.

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 8:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 9:18 PM

Why doesn’t that cat have ears?

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 9:28 PM

I avoid any "purified" water, as it is tap water.

I like water flavored with natural minerals, not flavors to make it taste like candy.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 9:31 PM

San Pellegrino and Perrier have nice medium-sized bubbles. I never get flavored waters so I don't know about those.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 9:35 PM

Lately I've been enjoying Mexican Topo-Chico in the glass bottles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 9:37 PM

I think Bubly just might be better tasting than LaCroix, the flavor is much bolder. My favorite LaCroix flavors are Watermelon and Hibuscus. I just bought the LaCroix Limoncello, and I don’t think I like it. Too sweet of an aftertaste

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 9:48 PM

Isn't Bubly from Pepsi or Coke?

I'm not buying from them.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 9:50 PM

[quote]Lately I've been enjoying Mexican Topo-Chico in the glass bottles.

Yes, drinking Mexican water is ALWAYS a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 9:51 PM

Bubly tastes the best out of all I’ve had. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 9:51 PM

America's Test Kitchen sparkling water taste test:

The Results

Winner Recommended

Polar Original Seltzer

Tasters praised our winning seltzer for its “extra-bubbly” fizz and “crisp,” “clean” flavor. It was among the bubbliest of the bunch, but not so fizzy that it was overwhelming. Overall, it's a “neutral,” “refreshing” seltzer.

Recommended

Topo Chico Mineral Water

Tasters deemed this mineral water the bubbliest sparkling water of the bunch. Each sip had “a zillion little bubbles” that made for a “powerful fizz.” Its “salty,” “subtly sweet” aftertaste particularly appealed to the mineral water lovers among our tasters. However, a few thought that its fizziness was a bit “too aggressive” and left a slight “afterburn.”

Schweppes Sparkling Water

Another “fairly fizzy” seltzer, this product had “zingy,” “refreshing” bubbles and a “neutral” flavor. A few tasters detected a “slightly sweet” aftertaste, but otherwise this seltzer had a “pure,” “clean” flavor. The company would not disclose where it sources its water.

La Croix Sparkling Water, Pure

This seltzer is well-known for its creative flavors such as coconut and pamplemousse. We tasted its plain flavor, which had a “clean,” “pure” taste with just a hint of tartness. It was “moderately fizzy,” a bit “flat” for some tasters.

Recommended with Reservations

Perrier Carbonated Mineral Water This mineral water is naturally carbonated. It goes through a purification process that strips away some of the effervescence, so a small amount of carbonation is added after processing to restore fizziness to natural levels. Though it had a relatively high PSI, some tasters thought that it had “very small, infrequent bubbles.” Its mineral content also gave it a strong “salty” and “acidic” taste, though this product was free from the sulfuric notes we detected in other mineral waters.

S. Pellegrino Sparkling Natural Mineral Water

This product is the only sparkling mineral water in our lineup that is fully artificially carbonated. Despite this, it had the “tamest” fizz, seeming “almost flat” to some tasters. It also had a prominent “eggy” aftertaste, along with milder “salty,” “acidic,” and “sweet” notes. Our tasters preferred a fizzier, more neutral-tasting water.

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 9:58 PM

I’m not a big fan of Polar, it doesn’t have the same “smoothness” as Bubly or LaCroix.

Also I have to 2nd the Good and Gather brand. So good. My favorites are Tropical Cherry, Ginger Peach, and Coconut Pineapple.

Has anyone tried the AHA Sparkling Water? Their Strawberry Cucumber flavor is so refreshing and just might be my favorite Sparkling flavor ever.

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 10:23 PM

I miss Clearly Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 10:34 PM

R31 me too.

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 10:38 PM

AHA is good also Good and Gather 's Tropical Cherry and Watermelon are great. If you have a Wegmans near you, it's good

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 11:07 PM

No one prefers simply unflavored sparkling water?

I do!

by Anonymousreply 34August 1, 2020 11:09 PM

r34 That's what the taste test was about.

by Anonymousreply 35August 1, 2020 11:18 PM

r33 AHA is make by Coca-Cola.

by Anonymousreply 36August 1, 2020 11:19 PM

I heard AHA is good. I love Good & Gather at Target. Haven’t tried their Simply Balance line but their Market Pantry is atrocious

by Anonymousreply 37August 1, 2020 11:31 PM

[quote]I miss Clearly Canadian.

I don't. That garbage was so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 38August 2, 2020 12:43 AM

I liked cherry Clearly Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 39August 2, 2020 12:45 AM

Polar fan

by Anonymousreply 40August 2, 2020 12:52 AM

Canada Dry Lemon-Lime. Only. Sometimes I put a tiny bit of unsweetened cranberry juice in it. Or a large volume of vodka.

by Anonymousreply 41August 2, 2020 3:13 AM

I believe Good and Gather is replacing a few of the Target private label food lines, and in the case of the Market Pantry stuff upgrading the quality a fair amount

by Anonymousreply 42August 2, 2020 4:17 AM

I don't care what brand it is. I prefer plain carbonated water.

by Anonymousreply 43August 2, 2020 4:35 AM

Bubly followed by Poland Springs

by Anonymousreply 44August 2, 2020 4:53 AM

I like Bubly, but their watermelon flavor is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 45August 2, 2020 4:59 AM

I get 12-packs of La Croix and constantly rotate the flavors. No sugar. Perfect over a few ice cubes on a hot day.

by Anonymousreply 46August 2, 2020 5:13 AM

I've been drinking Waterloo sparkling water lately. I really like the lemon flavor and the grapefruit flavor. They taste very crisp and refreshing. Waterloo also has some interesting flavors that I haven't typically seen in some of the other brands - grape, coconut, blueberry, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 2, 2020 5:21 AM

Trader Joe's Pineapple Sparkling Spring Water.

by Anonymousreply 48August 2, 2020 5:33 AM

Perrier is so sparkly, it's like a party in my mouth. Yeah, Mary!

The sodas by SanPellegrino taste great, but also feel somehow heavy in my stomach. Whenever I go for soda drinks I go for something old school and mix Coca-Cola with Fanta and add a lemon slice.

by Anonymousreply 49August 2, 2020 1:25 PM

[quote]Whenever I go for soda drinks I go for something old school and mix Coca-Cola with Fanta and add a lemon slice.

God, that's trashy.

by Anonymousreply 50August 2, 2020 6:26 PM

I mix Dole Pineapple-Orange-Banana juice with Diet 7Up.

by Anonymousreply 51August 2, 2020 7:21 PM

That sounds good R51

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2020 1:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!