Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yul Brynner

Gay?

What was the dirt on him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35Yesterday at 1:02 PM

Gay earlier, bi- later.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Saturday at 10:33 AM

Punched Anthony Rapp in the stomach for no reason. What an abusive asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Saturday at 10:35 AM

Quite big dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3Last Saturday at 10:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4Last Saturday at 10:40 AM

Huge Pad Thai eater, major FDR supporter

by Anonymousreply 5Last Saturday at 10:41 AM

Anthony Rapp is reason enough to punch Anthony Rapp in the stomach.

He was where he was not supposed to be and got in the star's way, in the midst of a performance. No doubt the stage manager got it even worse than the kid did.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Saturday at 10:43 AM

If he were 22 today, he’d definitely be sending Drag Race audition videos to World of Wonder and showing himself off in and out of costume on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Saturday at 10:46 AM

[quote] Quite big dick.

That's 'quite big?' Damn, I should be more proud of mine, then!

by Anonymousreply 8Last Saturday at 10:49 AM

Who did he bed?

by Anonymousreply 9Last Saturday at 11:48 AM

More like who *didn't* he bed, [R9].

by Anonymousreply 10Last Saturday at 11:50 AM

Handsome man for sure but not cool to strike a child.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Saturday at 11:52 AM

R9, Mama Cass, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Saturday at 11:52 AM

whatever he was, his personal energy was pure sex. never a role where he didn't exude sexual energy.

one of the most erotic moments on screen, at about the 3:20 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13Last Saturday at 12:35 PM

Big smoker, right?

by Anonymousreply 14Last Saturday at 12:39 PM

Not anymore!

by Anonymousreply 15Last Saturday at 12:39 PM

R14, pole-smoker, yes.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Saturday at 12:51 PM

Sometimes big pricks have big pricks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17Last Saturday at 1:24 PM

According to Maria Riva's book, Marlena Dietrich had an affair with him:

"For four years, their secret affair blazed, flickered, smoldered, simmered, then flamed anew—only to repeat its erratic, agonizing pattern all over again. They kept up this emotional upheaval, giving it the name of “love” until, finally, her possessive romanticism began to choke him, and he walked away from what had been an impossible situation from the beginning. He always remembered her with tenderness and joy. She came to hate him with as much passion as she had once adored him. Thirty-four years after their blazing affair, she sent me a newspaper clipping of Yul in a wheelchair, looking pitiable, returning from yet another unsuccessful cancer treatment. Across his haggard face, she had written in her big silver marker: “Goody—goody—he has cancer! Serves him right!”

But in 1951, she thought Yul a “god,” was wildly jealous of his wife, although relieved that she was supposed to have “mental problems,” and spent her days sitting by her phone hoping he would call. He did. Every moment he could capture the privacy needed to dial Dietrich’s number. He was the toast of Broadway, the catalyst force in a most demanding musical, ever perfecting his brilliant performance of the king in The King and I, which was to be his lifelong triumph. He would call the moment he arrived in his dressing room, during the overture, intermission, the second the curtain came down; escaped from friends, admirers, and dignitaries who expected him to join them for their after-theater celebrations, to rush into the trembling arms of his divine goddess. My mother rented a hideaway on Park Avenue, furnished it in Siam silk and gold to complement her lover’s Broadway persona, stocked her kitchen with Russian caviar, superb champagne, and five-inch filet mignons, had my husband install strip lights under the base of her king-size bed, and—Dietrich was in business."

by Anonymousreply 18Last Saturday at 1:32 PM

Nice bod!

by Anonymousreply 19Last Saturday at 1:40 PM

Don't forget about Yul Brynner and Roman Polanski and their scene in The Magic Christian...waaaaay back when.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20Last Saturday at 1:43 PM

Didn't he party up in them Hollywood Hills with Warren Beatty? I would love to have seen what those parties were like back then.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Saturday at 1:48 PM

I want to see the home movies with Yul, Robert Vaughn, and Horst Bucholtz during The Magnificent Seven!

by Anonymousreply 22Last Saturday at 2:04 PM

R18 Dietrich was 50. If she was regularly riding Yul, good for her!

by Anonymousreply 23Last Saturday at 2:12 PM

He was hot.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Saturday at 6:01 PM

Top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 25Last Saturday at 7:50 PM

I had never seen that scene from The Magic Christian. WOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 26Last Saturday at 8:11 PM

[R21], thanks! I never saw that clip either. What a woman!

by Anonymousreply 27Last Saturday at 8:20 PM

He lived to regret his long term heavy smoking habit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28Last Saturday at 8:29 PM

R18, thanks for the info from the MD's daughter's book.

Does the book have anything about James Stewart?

Supposedly, Dietrich and Stewart had an affair when they did "Destry Rides Again" (1939). And supposedly Dietrich hoped to rekindle it when the pair did "No Highway in the Sky" in the UK in 1951. But JS, now married, said "No".

Given that nasty story about MD gloating over YB's cancer, I wondered how she reacted if JS refused her.

by Anonymousreply 29Yesterday at 12:16 PM

Yul was certainly one of the most unique actor-celebrities ever. No one remotely like him.

by Anonymousreply 30Yesterday at 12:20 PM

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search before you posted this? Would it? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it? Are you going to be able to give us an honest answer to this? Are you?

by Anonymousreply 31Yesterday at 12:24 PM

Didn't Yul also have an affair with Judy? I know Liza is lifelong friends with Yul's son, Rock, who I have heard was a college professor.

by Anonymousreply 32Yesterday at 12:34 PM

There's nothing in the book about it, R29 . She was sleeping with Erich Maria Remarque when Destry was made and the book just states that she thought Stewart was sweet.

by Anonymousreply 33Yesterday at 12:37 PM

Thanks, R33.

by Anonymousreply 34Yesterday at 12:57 PM

30 years ago, I met an older woman who had worked at a NYC answering service in the 1950s. In telling me about the experience, she told me that Marlene Dietrich was a client. One evening, Dietrich called the answering service and instructed my acquaintance to take messages for all incoming calls. She did not want to be disturbed.

"The only calls I will accept this evening are from Mawia Wiva and Ewich Mawia Wemahque."

My acquaintance said it was everything she could possibly do to say, "Yes, Miss Dietrich" with out laughing out loud. I bet it was.

by Anonymousreply 35Yesterday at 1:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!