Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yes, it's real: Settle for Joe Biden 2020

"Biden isn’t fantastic but Trump is far, far worse. If Biden wasn’t your first choice this primary season, but you’ll do anything to get Trump out of office, Settle for Biden is for you. Join us in our mission to (begrudgingly) put Joe in the White House."

I, I just-

"Settle for Biden is a grassroots group of former Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders supporters who recognize Joe Biden's flaws but know that our nation will not survive four more years of Donald Trump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 2, 2020 1:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 2:50 PM

Could they not have come up with a group name that doesn't sound like they have a gun pressed to their heads? Even "I'm OK with Joe" or something similar sounds less mildly less petulant.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 2:51 PM

Replace Joe Biden 2020

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 2:52 PM

If he comes up with a charismatic, dynamic VP- it may make up for his lack of pizzazz.

Makes you wish Obama was running against Trump. Wouldn't it humiliate him to have a negro beat him in a landslide?

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 3:00 PM

Moderate Democrats keep kneecapping the progressive movement in the party, and then get annoyed when people who don't like their policies don't feign enthusiasm. You can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 3:07 PM

Did you click on the store link? It’s not finished and shows dummy copy and some eyeglasses.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 3:14 PM

If your goal is to get rid of Trump, and mine is, then"Settle For Joe" is not the way to achieve that goal.

I have yet to vote for the perfect candidate for President, in all my 68 years, everyone of of them has had flaws but if your goal is the end of this Trump disaster, nominating the most moderate centrist candidate is the way to go. Extremes rarely win the Democratic nomination and when they do, they don't get elected President. Joe doesn't scare anyone, and he will win, unless people like the people who started this ill conceived campaign have their way.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 3:14 PM

It's funny how moderates have been going around everywhere for the last year saying that they'd vote for a potted plant, or a lawn sprinkler to get rid of the current occupant, but let a progressive group exhibit the same mentality, and all of a sudden it's a problem.

[quote]unless people like the people who started this ill conceived campaign have their way.

This is no different from Vote Blue No Matter Who, which I'm sure you've been parroting on every message board, but thanks for your concern and your early attempt to play the blame game.

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 3:23 PM

I rolled my eyes when I saw someone link to this on IG but the message of unity against Trump no matter what is important. And I mean i am under no impression that Joe Biden is perfect but I do believe he is the perfect Dem candidate for this moment.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 3:25 PM

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 3:29 PM

Another hold your nose and vote for candidate. The Dems truly have lost their direction and their minds.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 3:29 PM

A real Bernie supporter would never vote for any DNC puppet that does The dirty work for the 1%.

Elizabeth Warren is not progressive.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 3:29 PM

Quite frankly, what it takes to get them there is what it takes to get them there.

If their feelings require them to look like sore losers, obsessives and cranks, that's why it takes.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 3:33 PM

Are you all registered to vote?

Have you signed up to work at a polling place?

Have you volunteered to make calls for Biden, to give rides to polling locations on election day?

The winning candidate is always the one with the most grassroots voter participation. If you aren't out working for Joe, he will lose.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 3:35 PM

Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 3:41 PM

[quote]This is no different from Vote Blue No Matter Who

Except, of course, that the Republicans will make hay with "Settle for Joe" whereas they can't with "Vote Blue No Matter Who". I'm guessing that whoever is behind (read: paying for) the "settle" campaign is [italic]not[/italic] a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote] Moderate Democrats keep kneecapping the progressive movement in the party

Yes, this. If they would only completely abandon their principles and bend over for the progressives who can't even win a primary then they would know the glory of standing for high ideals and losing like Dukakis or Mondale did.

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 4:13 PM

The media and the DNC were out to destroy Berniefrom day one. No bernie person wojld support a corrupt system by coting for Senile Joe.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 4:51 PM

r18 Agraad comjade

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 4:57 PM

God, I cannot stand Bernie supporters, and Warren supporters are getting right down there with them. Ugh. WTF is wrong with these people?

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 5:20 PM

R19 is a bot out of Beijing

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 5:21 PM

Joe’s The Way To Go!

or

Go With Joe!

Not overly optimistic and not the least bit pessimistic.

It’s factual and sane.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 5:27 PM

I'm ridin' with Biden.

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 5:30 PM

I'm tired of people not understanding that at the Presidential level, we have 2 choices. It's not a beauty contest, I'm not marrying this person. It's a choice between two. You can frame it however you want, lesser of 2 evils, whatever. Just get your ass out and vote for the one closest to what you want them to do. Not voting because you're butthurt and didn't get your first pick is a choice too. The Republicans almost ALWAYS vote en masse and the system is set up to favor old white people who have time on their hands to go vote.

And guess what? If your first choice didn't make it this time, there's always another election coming up.

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 5:33 PM

Biden is pretty great and very underestimated. Trump sucks. Vote Biden.

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote] Moderate Democrats keep kneecapping the progressive movement in the party

It is progressives who are delusional enough to think they are the majority of Democrats. They are not. The "progressive" politicians--represented by Bernie and the squad--are all talk, little action. They do all the talking while the moderates and conservative Dems do all the heavy lifting. Typical.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 6:45 PM

[QUOTE] A real Bernie supporter would never vote for any DNC puppet that does The dirty work for the 1%.

Uhh, does that include Bernie Sanders himself, R12? Cause he’s voting for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 6:50 PM

[quote] A real Bernie supporter would never vote for any DNC puppet that does The dirty work for the 1%.

Bernie supports Biden, so a vote for Biden is a vote for Bernie. Paradoxically, a vote for Bernie is a vote for Trump.

Remember, not only are you not black if you don’t vote for Biden, you ain’t Jewish, gay, a woman, or an immigrant, or whatever you claim to be. Your status as a minority group is 100% dependent on your unwavering loyalty to Democrats. So do as you’re fucking told and fall into fucking line right goddamn now!

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 6:52 PM

R28, you are a troll. You sound like those conservatives who bitch about how the "lamestream media" forces you how to think. Go ahead and vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 6:55 PM

R29 is operating right out of Goebbels’ playbook: accuse your opponent of that of which you yourself are guilty.

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 6:57 PM

Are you listening, Ms Sarandon?

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 7:00 PM

Susan Sarandon is R28 sipping martinis from her penthouse while she says "Trump is better than Biden".

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 7:01 PM

I was agreeing with Joe Biden about the blackness of his opponents and you had the temerity to jump down my throat for it.

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 7:10 PM

R33, if I read what you said wrong, I apologize. The way I read it, it sounded like you were being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 34August 1, 2020 7:12 PM

Meanwhile, the Trump campaign has some nerve getting offended by that perfectly rational and totally accurate statement. They are trying to twist it around and make it look like a racist statement, which is itself racist. All the attacks on Joe Biden and accusations of him being racist are a form of racism by proxy because Obama is black. If Black people abandon the Democrats in enough numbers, then we are doomed not only as a party, but as a nation. The campaign needs to shift its focus onto pointing out to every minority group why voting for Joe Biden is in their best interest.

Oh, and I wouldn’t mind if you would drag that lying bitch Tara Reade through the mud some more. Even if she wasn’t lying, she deserved what she got for cock blocking a Democrat. It is your patriotic duty to submit. Not doing so is obstruction of justice. Is it illegal to exchange sex for votes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 1, 2020 7:17 PM

"Settle for Biden?" Well, that's a half-assed endorsement. These people sound like assholes.

by Anonymousreply 36August 1, 2020 7:19 PM

“All the attacks on Joe Biden and accusations of him being racist are a form of racism by proxy because Obama is black”

This is so unbelievably retarded.

by Anonymousreply 37August 1, 2020 7:20 PM

It sounds like a prank by the Trump campaign. Almost like when George W. Bush’s campaign came up with a front group called Communists for Kerry in 2004.

We also need to be more proactive about defending the integrity of the mainstream media in a sea of fake news.

by Anonymousreply 38August 1, 2020 7:24 PM

R28 come over here, and sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 39August 1, 2020 7:25 PM

May I bring my Whoopie cushion and rubber chicken?

by Anonymousreply 40August 1, 2020 7:25 PM

It's really hard to believe most of you hate trump this much. Since Biden, somewhat arguably an actual racist, never really had an actual job and brings along lots of love for china and his family's various and sundry grifting scams. Really guys? Or is it really the people you hate so much? Wow, must be dark in there!

by Anonymousreply 41August 1, 2020 7:31 PM

Bearnaise people our smert and shines threw each poast.

by Anonymousreply 42August 1, 2020 7:33 PM

R41, that was a very deplorable thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 43August 1, 2020 7:34 PM

R42 They are also creamy and white, and smell of pungent herbs- much like Béarnaise.

by Anonymousreply 44August 1, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote]It's really hard to believe most of you hate trump this much.

Have you been living in a cave the last 4 years, r41?

by Anonymousreply 45August 1, 2020 7:42 PM

What the fuck is R41 even talking about?

by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2020 7:43 PM

Have you got your head up your ass? If DL ran the United States you would be deported for not being a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 47August 1, 2020 7:46 PM

This thread has went from Bernie Bros whining about "settling" to a dumpster fire. Typical DL 🤣

by Anonymousreply 48August 1, 2020 7:47 PM

Methinks the Russian/GOP operatives/trolls on here have shifted the rhetoric to "I don't really like Trump, but Biden is such a racist I guess I just have to vote for Trump". Don't fall for it, people.

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2020 7:53 PM

Self preservation. If they still want to be alive in 2024 they better vote Biden. If Trump somehow manages to eke out an Electoral College victory, he'll be unleashed. He'll round them up and kill them. Portland will be like Sunday school.

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2020 8:01 PM

Then maybe you should’ve gone with Pete Buttigieg.

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2020 8:04 PM

R41 :dog·mat·ic /dôɡˈmadik/ , adjective adjective: dogmatic, inclined to lay down principles as incontrovertibly true.

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2020 8:20 PM

[quote] Biden could pick Casey Anthony as his running mate, and tour with the bones of Jon Benet Ramsey, and I would still vote for him.

Sure sounds like "Settling" to me.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote] Biden could pick Casey Anthony as his running mate, and tour with the bones of Jon Benet Ramsey, and I would still vote for him.

Just quickly, is there a tiara and sash for that?

by Anonymousreply 54August 2, 2020 12:22 AM

Joe Biden could rape as many women as Bill fucking Cosby and still be better than Trump. It’s only rape when Republicans do it.

by Anonymousreply 55August 2, 2020 12:57 AM

I don't see that with Warren supporters, R20.

by Anonymousreply 56August 2, 2020 1:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!