Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

was the "virgin" Mary a minor when she married Joseph?

if so, Joseph was a pedophile, I highly doubt that jewish girls would wait until 18 to marry and have sex back in those times.does anyone one know the average age that girls used to get married during the time of Christ's birth?

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 6:45 PM

Joseph did not have sex with Mary, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 2:35 PM

Call to marriage and engagement – Marriage took place at a young age for the ancient Jews. Most rabbis proposed 18 as the most appropriate age for men to be married, but it wasn’t uncommon for them to be younger, especially in times of peace. Young women were married almost as soon as they were physically ready, approximately age 13.

Here's the answer.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 2:36 PM

r2 thanks!!!

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 2:39 PM

OP carrying on the new idiotic tradition of comparing 21st century mores to antiquity. Postmodernism is truly a joke at best, and an absolute failure at worst.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 2:40 PM

it is interesting to see how they always refer to the relationship that ancient greeks had with young boys as pederasty, when heterosexual men were also having sex with girls under 18.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 2:45 PM

imagine cancelling joseph

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 2:47 PM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 2:49 PM

Didn't people die at like 28 back in the old days? 35 was senior citizen status when you could die of a cold back then. People had to start families asap for those reasons.

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 2:49 PM

People shouldn't respond to these types of posts when they're grumpy. Stuff like this is meant for fun and just to spark a dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 2:54 PM

No, this is a very serious question. It has totally been swept under the rug by our religious authorities.

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 2:58 PM

the point is that is only the relationship that ancient greek men had with young boys that is so commonly refered as pederasty in modern history books. I have always heard about greek pederasty in that contest, however heterosexual pederasty who was actually more accepted never gets mentioned and refered as pederasty. double standards in academia?

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 3:00 PM

Well if she did actually exist, somebody fucked her.

& p.s. nobody has ever actually risen from the dead either.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 3:19 PM

Pedo thread.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 3:38 PM

The archangel TOLD her that she was to give birth to the Lord's child. She had no choice in the matter, right? We need to cancel God. He's worse than Kevin Spacey and Ansel Elgort.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 3:43 PM

Not a serious question. The type of juvenile troll post that has ruined DL. Nothing witty or interesting about it. Should 13 year olds be posting on DL, OP?

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 3:46 PM

[quote] Didn't people die at like 28 back in the old days? 35 was senior citizen status when you could die of a cold back then. People had to start families asap for those reasons.

This is a common misunderstanding. The average age reached was lower back then, but that was mostly due to much higher child mortality rates. If you made it to 20, you had a very good chance to make it past 35, and a good chance to make it to 60.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 3:46 PM

R15 should you waste time replying to threads that are infra dig?

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 3:54 PM

what kind of good and moral God would choose to impregnate a child? more proof that christianity is a sick and harmful theology

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 3:55 PM

What r8 said. People married at ages we would find inappropriate, but lifespans were so much shorter back then.

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 4:03 PM

But God impregnated underage Mary, so God is a Pedo. Cancel God!

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 4:05 PM

Isnt it called a hebeophile or something like that? I thought there was a separate term for jonesing for teens.

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 4:05 PM

Best pussy I ever had!

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 4:06 PM

I don't care about his religion, I don't care about his life and I just dropped by to say I don't care about you, fat OP.

You're so fat and OCD.

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote]35 was senior citizen status when you could die of a cold back then.

35 is eldergay status on DL in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 6:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!