Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sexual Orientation based descrimination on Doublelist

Doublelist took over within a matter of days after Craigslist removed all their Personal’s ads. I thought they were more forward thinking with very specific categories - male for male, straight for gay male, gay male for straight, etc. They did get rid of in Trans sections due to rampant solicitation with a cryptic message stating - “This community has been warned several times.”

But interestingly enough they have a Couples for Males section. I am part of a gay couple. But every time I post an ad it gets flagged and removed. Supposedly the Community flags it and if you get enough your ad is removed. But the only clear reason for the flags is because we are a gay couple. Doublelist makes no distinction as to what types of couples can post in that section. And when I have emailed them, they completely absolve themselves saying it’s not them, it’s the Community. But they are the ones who are responsible for deciding to remove any ad. It just doesn’t seem right to be openly discriminated against just because of your sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 29September 8, 2020 3:56 AM

This cruel discrimination could well tear your marriage apart!

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 5:49 AM

You're both whores, darling.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 5:53 AM

Funny. I could have written those pat first two DL responses myself and saved you the time. Welcome to the 21st century Madge. I haven’t been around here for a while. Do we still find these shrill sex negative jokes hysterical and meaningful? Please advise.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 5:58 AM

The closet is "forward thinking?"

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 6:02 AM

People have all different kinds of sex. And emotionally mature people understand sex doesn’t equate love. And emotionally mature gay men have learned clinging to some idealized romantic heterosexual normative definition of sex is silly and went out with tribal tattoos and frosted tips. You’re not gonna fuck up bloodlines getting knocked up by the gardner Blanche. Butt babies don’t live.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 6:04 AM

And don't forget all the internalized homophobia involved with this "gay for straight" thing. OP you made the decision to partner yourself with another bottom and it's a decision you will have to live with. It could be a blessing in disguise that you've been flagged for a hookup, it could end poorly on a site that encourages homophobia in both its moderation and the whole "straight for gay/gay for straight" thing. This is a gay panic defense waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 6:06 AM

Yes R4 if it allows those in the closet to experience something that very well bring them out of the closet. The very idea that a Straight Man might look for a Gay man is revolutionary to most and might just jar someone right into honesty.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 6:07 AM

R5 Bitter and perpetually single, we get it

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 6:07 AM

R7 Men that have sex with men but insist on calling themselves "straight" never come out of the closet dear. Take my experienced advice. It's not revolutionary, it's cowardly.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 6:10 AM

OK you people are stupid. I give up. Yes and aliens could land on our roof and take videos and sell them to the Globe causing me to get fired from my job as church choir director and send my partner into a depression leading to a double suicide. Yes a lot of horrible things could happen just walking out your door. That’s not what this is about.

Datalounge used to be a fun place where things didn’t fall apart until at least 50 responses in. Now everyone is chomping at the bit to tear anyone and anything to pieces and crown themselves supreme. But people got boring to the point where anger and self righteousness passes as interesting - and so did this place.

Thank god I didn’t misspell anything and watch you root hogs devolve into a frothy mouthed diatribe over their, there and they’re.

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 6:16 AM

You all type so lonely.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 6:19 AM

I don’t understand why OP can’t satisfy his man on his own (?)

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 6:23 AM

World double ended dildo manufacturing was hit by COVID-related supply interruptions, R12.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 6:27 AM

Mrs. Johnson, r13 is passing notes in class again.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 6:29 AM

You’re totally right R9. I forgot men like James McGreevey who had closeted sex for years never came out. They never came out and wrote a book about it. Closeted men absolutely never ever come out, ever.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 5:42 PM

No, that’s the _____list model and that’s why you shouldn’t use _____lists.

You don’t have free speech when “a community” can ban your ads for whatever they like, even if it’s just one busybody or vice cop spamming your flags.

Go on the apps, OP. You have a right to offer threesomes.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 7:01 PM

I don’t want to give my cell phone number to sign up. I tried using Google Voice and they rejected it.

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 7:09 PM

Same here, r117.

_____lists for personals is OVER and I have little faith the Democrats will repeal the liability law that Republicans placed on personals sites.

So just stick to the apps and gay-oriented sites.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 7:28 PM

Exploratory sex is fun. Some of you need to lighten up.

I agree, Doublelist sucks compared to old Craigslist personals.

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 7:31 PM

r17 Ironically with this form of verification all the hotties ran off. That's what made CL a search mine for some diamonds and good sex. At least it's piece of mind to know the people posting are "allegedly" real but I still see the same people spam posting what seems like everyday.

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 10:10 PM

Could you be more of a stereotype, OP?

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 10:15 PM

OP normally capitalizes her "T"s in the ads, R21.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 10:39 PM

Op should randomly lick doorknobs. You'll get an STD sooner and never have to leave your home

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 10:42 PM

I still don’t get what the third party is for.

OP said he was in a relationship. So, are they searching for a wedding planner? Or, are they kidnappers?

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 10:46 PM

R24 Sex, dipshit. It's crazy how all of you, who have never ever had a real adult relationship that lasted longer than five years, know exactly what a relationship should look like.

by Anonymousreply 25September 8, 2020 12:43 AM

When did gay men start acting like 20 something straight women when it comes to sex? You seem to think if you're not saving it for your future soulmate, you're getting banged by 10 strangers in a shit stained backroom. There is a middle ground where two healthy adults can explore their sexuality together, with someone they trust, in a safe and fun way. And that can include sex with other people. My partner and I just celebrated our 23rd anniversary. I think it's completely egotistical to think you can be the be-all-end-all to someone's sexual desire. That's not a human being's nature, and especially a man's nature. Yet you all want to blast me, and pretend you have know idea what I am talking about - as if you don't have six pics of you spreading your hole on your Grinder, Instagram and OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 26September 8, 2020 12:51 AM

Don't understand why they don't accept nudie pics. I mean, it is a hookup site. Oh, in the beginning they promised a Craigslist-type site with all sorts of services offered. But it never materialized.

So let me post my butthole, 'mkay?

by Anonymousreply 27September 8, 2020 1:14 AM

Doublelist is an enormous waste of time. For every top there are 40 bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 28September 8, 2020 3:40 AM

You’re an asshole OP. You and your partner can easily make a Grindr account to find a third. Straight couples have very few places they can go for this.

by Anonymousreply 29September 8, 2020 3:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!