Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hey HONKs! That's homos with no kids. Do you plan to bequeath your stuff to a philanthropic cause?

Do you think about your legacy? Im willing all to a foundation. So, no you can't have my stuff.

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2020 7:20 PM

Just more incentive to spend it all on myself before I die.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 4:01 AM

I believe in the Great Expectation method. You could change a young person with potential’s life. It has to be the right person who won’t squander it, but I feel like sometimes charities/foundations are overrated.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 4:16 AM

Generally hoping to spend most of it before I go, and would also love to have a private mausoleum for myself as well.

A lot depends on if my sister has children and whether I have a close relationship with them or not. If she doesn't have kids or they're assholes, then I would leave my estate to various artistic groups/gay rights causes, but they would get the majority of what's left if they were decent kids.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 4:24 AM

[quote]I believe in the Great Expectation method. You could change a young person with potential’s life.

#MeToo

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 4:33 AM

This is me all over. I have no kids, no siblings, no nieces or nephews. I guess I could be prime sugar daddy material, however.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 4:33 AM

I have no living siblings either but I have nephews and a sister-in-law whom I dearly love and I will bequeath to them.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 4:40 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2020 3:26 PM

I have nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2020 3:29 PM

I have kids and am not wealthy but I’m not going to save money for them. If my funeral is paid for then that’s enough. I’m going to spend what I earn on travel and on living the good life(after Covid).

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2020 3:31 PM

That’s what nephews and nieces are for. But only the nice ones that fetch my vodka soda when I ask for it.

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2020 3:34 PM

I'm willing a good portion of my estate to the local food bank, who does a masterful job feeding the poor and those who lost their jobs in the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 11August 3, 2020 3:35 PM

I have a cousin in mind.

by Anonymousreply 12August 3, 2020 3:35 PM

I bequeef all my stuff to you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13August 3, 2020 3:37 PM

I'm fussy enough to target a gift where it may get the attention I would like (attention in following the intended spirit of my donation, not recognition), but wise enough to leave some latitude in how they do it.

I've picked small cultural organizations and specific programs of museums to give money, for purposes of a competition prize, scholarship, student travel for research, or for acquisitions in areas specific enough to fall into the lap of one or two people to plan and execute -- specific enough to warrant special attention on how to use the money, but not so restrictive that a gift becomes a pain in the ass. I don't have loads of money, so it's a way of making a gift that might go a little further than were it dumped into the general fund.

I've know too many people who want to tie the hands of the institutions or individuals that they give money to. It's ego, but an ego big enough to try to control things from the grave; my ego is only big enough to say here's a small gift to which I've put a modest stipulation so maybe someone clever can make a good use of it, finding a use that matches the stipulation so that a board will say, "yeah, sure, sounds good."

by Anonymousreply 14August 3, 2020 3:47 PM

Are there any gay charities left?

by Anonymousreply 15August 3, 2020 3:49 PM

[quote]Are there any gay charities left?

Yes, the Aaron Carter fund.

by Anonymousreply 16August 3, 2020 3:51 PM

Am taking everything with me pyramid style.

by Anonymousreply 17August 3, 2020 3:52 PM

As soon as I realize the decline is unstoppable,Im going to sell every last thing I own and walk around handing out money to homeless and poor people . As soon as Im done disbursing it all,Im going to take a bottle of xanax and a good bottle of vodka ,put on some of my favorite music and just drift off. I love my nieces and nephews ,but they are all spolied shits and always have been so they dont need "extra" .

by Anonymousreply 18August 3, 2020 3:56 PM

I am leaving everything to my mortgage company.

by Anonymousreply 19August 3, 2020 3:58 PM

My husband and I built an international business together and plan to sell it all off when the time comes, to retire from the proceeds, travel, etc. It is worth millions more now than when we started, so hopefully that will still be the case after Trump's gone and all the damage he and his cabal have done to the world can start to heal. As for bequeathing anything, not really, as the plan is to use it all up to the end.

by Anonymousreply 20August 3, 2020 3:59 PM

R18 you'd better make a will because the end may come suddenly and unexpectedly or you may be suddenly incapacitated.

by Anonymousreply 21August 3, 2020 4:03 PM

I'm nine years older than my partner, which doesn't necessarily mean that I'll die before he will, but regardless, he gets everything, house, money, possessions and cats.

by Anonymousreply 22August 3, 2020 4:11 PM

Who inherited Erna’s estate?

by Anonymousreply 23August 3, 2020 4:15 PM

I'm not a fan of philanthropic organizations, because their administrative costs are usually ridiculous. I'm not giving a penny to a non-profit whose ED is making $200k per year. My two best friends will share my assets, which are very specifically designated in my will and trusts.

by Anonymousreply 24August 3, 2020 4:28 PM

I have no heirs and a rather healthy estate. I plan on leaving the bulk of it to a local humane shelter who does wonderful kind care to orphan dogs and cats. It makes me feel good that I'll be able to help them long after I'm gone :)

by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2020 4:29 PM

Hey OP, I just changed my name to James Foundation. Glad to meet you. Can I have your money?

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2020 4:30 PM

[quote]Who inherited Erna’s estate?

Saniflo Upflush Toilets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2020 4:34 PM

Animals live their short lives at the mercy of human kindness. I plan to leave my money to no-kill animal shelters.

Fuck other people, they're assholes.

by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2020 4:43 PM

[quote]R18 Im going to take a bottle of xanax and a good bottle of vodka ,put on some of my favorite music and just drift off. I love my nieces and nephews ,but they are all spolied shits and always have been so they dont need "extra"

I’ve heard stories of how some people end up human vegetables after failed attempted overdoses. I guess you wouldn’t be awake enough to care, but you potentially could end up a living corpse in a dirty, cut rate facility.

I’m not a doctor, however : (

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote]R20 My husband and I built an international business together and plan to sell it all off when the time comes, to retire from the proceeds, travel, etc. It is worth millions more now than when we started, so hopefully that will still be the case after Trump's gone and all the damage he and his cabal have done to the world can start to heal.

Watch your back, sister!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2020 4:47 PM

Give it to MEEEEEEE!

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2020 7:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!