Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete is ready for the cabinet!

Where will Biden put him?

Why don’t you offer some suggestions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2020 6:06 AM

Biden is a notorious homophobe so he will give him a completely irrelevant lowly position if he gives him anything.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 2:47 AM

Chief of Staff

US Ambassador to the UN

Secretary of Veteran Affairs

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 2:51 AM

Since Trump will be re-elected, I don't think Pete needs to be concerned.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 2:54 AM

Where’s your hope r3?

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 3:23 AM

Ambassador to the UN since he speaks so many languages, including Jive.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 3:25 AM

I want Mayor Pete in both the Cabinet, and my cabinet. 😈

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 3:36 AM

[quote]Biden is a notorious homophobe

Biden may or may not be a homophobe, but he’s not notorious. Come to think of it, didn’t he famously force Obama’s hand on gay marriage?

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 3:42 AM

R6, Biden is the reason that we got marriage equality as soon as we did. Obama was dragging his feet on the subject and Biden publicly forced his hand. The gay community owes him a debt of gratitude.

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 3:44 AM

The bottom drawer.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 3:47 AM

R7,Absolutely not. Biden and Obama had strategically planned to announce their support of gay marriage as the election approrached. Biden simply let the cat out of the bag sooner than they planned to. Thats it. He didnt make some type of stand or force Obama to catch up. Dont give him credit for that.

Biden has always been motoripusly anti gay. Even slamming DADT because it didnt go far enough, which was unusual for a Democrat even in 1993.

Meanwhile While he was moralizing against gays, he was apparently raping and harrasing women in his office .

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 3:52 AM

[quote]Pete is ready for the cabinet!

Cabinet - yes. Closet - no.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 4:44 AM

Thanks, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 4:44 AM

Poor, poor sad R10.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 4:48 AM

From Closet To Cabinet: The Pete Buttigieg Story.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 4:48 AM

Lol, r14!

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 4:49 AM

Pete’s knowledge of middle eastern issues—and fluency in Arabic—would make him a logical choice for some sort of role there. Plus, as a gay man, he’d be a really interesting choice. Not a job I’d want, but he could be effective, especially challenging the perception of what a “gay man” is like to the many he’d encounter.

I’d also like to see him as any of R2’s suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 4:52 AM

Pete is definitely going to be ready for none other than the President at some point in the future. In the meantime let's get him going up that ladder of success in the cabinet. He's solid gold.

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 4:55 AM

R16 Petey is a protocol nightmare. No Muslim despot would be seen with him.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 5:00 AM

OK Ludmilla, r10

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 5:41 AM

Go Pete! Onward and upward.

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 7:21 PM

[Quote] Since Trump will be re-elected, I don't think Pete needs to be concerned.

[Quote] Where’s your hope [R3]?

The incompetence of the democrats. But should they not live up to their rep as the gang that couldn't shoot straight, I'd say Pete will look at what he brings to the table so he can be spectacular at the job. Then he will look at where his weaknesses and lack of experience are that he needs to bolster. For the next step up, if you know what I mean.

So no, it won't be the UN.

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 11:34 PM

R21, suck it.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 11:38 PM

[quote] No Muslim despot would be seen with him.

So fucking what? Leave that shit for Tulsi Gabbard -- she's great at it.

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 11:41 PM

[quote]The incompetence of the democrats.

= my candidate didn't win and/or flamed out spectacularly. So I'm gonna put my hands on my hips and stomp my wittle feet because I'm not getting what I want.

by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2020 5:01 AM

I think Biden may ghost Pete, but choose Chasten for Secretary of Education.

by Anonymousreply 25August 2, 2020 6:03 AM

I would like him to follow Hillary's example and become Secretary of State.

by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2020 6:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!