Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This Person Does Not Exist.

The link below uses AI to generate human faces that don't exist. Follow the link and just refresh the page to generate a new face!

The next 10 years are going to destroy models, actors, and criminal forensics as AI and Machine Learning have been getting exponentially better at creating human faces. Artificially created, photo-realistic pictures and videos are going to fuck with what people perceive as real or fake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 4:29 AM

Malformed faces sometimes show up in the periphery of the images. It’s fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 2:34 AM

Yea, the algorithms are not perfect.... yet, but they are constantly improving. The usual tell tale signs at this point that it is fake are the periphery of the image that you mention, eyes, hairlines, and teeth.

Again, if this is what they can do now, imagine it in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 2:39 AM

Wow, just wow.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 2:46 AM

This is cool, OP. thanks!

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 2:55 AM

They look more real than some famous like certain CEOs or presidents

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 3:01 AM

How do they know those faces don't exist? Have they seen all the billions of faces that exist?

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 3:02 AM

Well, R6 even though the 7.8 billion people on the planet SEEMS like a large number, the mathematical permutations and combinations that can be done with a person's face based on human facial features is a trillion trillion trillion times more.

When you get into large numbers like that, coming across an identical face, even with 7.8 billion real people, is statistically unlikely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 3:08 AM

The image is not real. Period, if someone looks like it, that's another thing.

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 3:40 AM

Whoa. Some of them look very real. I’m scared.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 3:51 AM

R1, like this one!

I think it does a better job with female faces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 3:55 AM

Yes, it seems biased to generate a lot of female and children's faces not sure why tho....

R9 you should be scared!

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 4:00 AM

Here’s another mutant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 4:03 AM

And some dissolving eyeglasses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 4:04 AM

Oh my god, I could do this all night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 4:11 AM

Just one more. This one is freaking me out, man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 4:12 AM

LOL! R12 - R15

Behold our future!

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 4:14 AM

So what I’m gathering is that the faces are pretty well symmetrical and regular. There don’t seem to be any real irregularities that I see in people I know. Like a long philtrum or a scar on the eyebrow (it’s very common!) or a hooked nose.

But the faces are mostly believable. The hair and some of the coloring. I’m trying to poke holes in this thing, because I’m actually alarmed at how real some of them look.

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 4:16 AM

it only generates ugly people? If it can't make hot ones what's the point?

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 4:16 AM

THE CAT ONES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 4:19 AM

As the kids say “this thing is cursed!”

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 4:19 AM

Scruffy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 4:23 AM

Haha I didn't even see the cat ones! But this is a common problem for machine learning algorithms. Shape and colors that look very similar confuse the algorithm.

A common example used to test the robustness of the algorithms is whether they can tell the difference between a dog or bagel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 4:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!