Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should I watch The Joker?

Or is it so sad and disturbing I’ll be depressed for a week?

by Anonymousreply 19Last Saturday at 3:41 AM

I did not like Heath Ledger in his role as “Joker”.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Friday at 6:18 PM

It wasn't that depressing. It reminded me of Taxi Driver.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Friday at 6:21 PM

[quote] It wasn't that depressing. It reminded me of Taxi Driver.

Because of DeNiro?

by Anonymousreply 3Last Friday at 6:24 PM

Very well done. Great performance from Phoenix, great score.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Friday at 6:24 PM

I couldn't finish it my self. Too depressing

by Anonymousreply 5Last Friday at 6:29 PM

I liked the part with the mechanical penguins.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Friday at 6:30 PM

Pointlessly dreary and violent.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Friday at 6:31 PM

I meant this movie. I guess the title is just “Joker”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8Last Friday at 6:40 PM

Violent, depressing yet predictable. Incel fantasy. Joaquin’s performance was very good though.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Friday at 6:52 PM

Well, Taxi Driver with a heapin' helpin' of The King of Comedy.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Friday at 7:05 PM

Don’t watch it. You will feel worse afterward.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Friday at 7:24 PM

Why are you asking us, OP? You know you want to watch it, so just watch it. Are you waiting for a certain tally of positives and negatives from posters before you make a decision? Ridiculous. Just watch it. Phoenix won the goddamn Oscar for chrissake. What more do you need to make up your mind?

by Anonymousreply 12Last Friday at 7:31 PM

[quote] Watch it. Watch it now.

Kill him. Kill him now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13Last Friday at 7:38 PM

It's depressing but a good film. Depressing and dark films actually make me feel better but then again I am a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Friday at 7:48 PM

What r9 said. Great performances, but ugh. Dreary and depressing.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Friday at 8:22 PM

You'd have more fun putting a knife in a toaster.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Saturday at 1:28 AM

I would watch King of Comedy first, you will catch the many references to it in The Joker. Also I noticed a lot of references to older moves from the 70's & 80's. It's depressing but worth seeing.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Saturday at 3:28 AM

I thought "Joker" was joyless and deeply mean-spirited. Great performance, sure, but there was nothing pleasurable about the experience of watching this movie.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Saturday at 3:40 AM

If you've seen "The King Of Comedy", you've essentially seen "Joker". I will agree that Phoenix was outstanding, however.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Saturday at 3:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!