Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should I watch The Joker?

Or is it so sad and disturbing I’ll be depressed for a week?

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2021 2:50 PM

I did not like Heath Ledger in his role as “Joker”.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 2:18 AM

It wasn't that depressing. It reminded me of Taxi Driver.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 2:21 AM

[quote] It wasn't that depressing. It reminded me of Taxi Driver.

Because of DeNiro?

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 2:24 AM

Very well done. Great performance from Phoenix, great score.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 2:24 AM

I couldn't finish it my self. Too depressing

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 2:29 AM

I liked the part with the mechanical penguins.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 2:30 AM

Pointlessly dreary and violent.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 2:31 AM

I meant this movie. I guess the title is just “Joker”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 2:40 AM

Violent, depressing yet predictable. Incel fantasy. Joaquin’s performance was very good though.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 2:52 AM

Well, Taxi Driver with a heapin' helpin' of The King of Comedy.

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 3:05 AM

Don’t watch it. You will feel worse afterward.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 3:24 AM

Why are you asking us, OP? You know you want to watch it, so just watch it. Are you waiting for a certain tally of positives and negatives from posters before you make a decision? Ridiculous. Just watch it. Phoenix won the goddamn Oscar for chrissake. What more do you need to make up your mind?

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 3:31 AM

[quote] Watch it. Watch it now.

Kill him. Kill him now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 3:38 AM

It's depressing but a good film. Depressing and dark films actually make me feel better but then again I am a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 3:48 AM

What r9 said. Great performances, but ugh. Dreary and depressing.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 4:22 AM

You'd have more fun putting a knife in a toaster.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 9:28 AM

I would watch King of Comedy first, you will catch the many references to it in The Joker. Also I noticed a lot of references to older moves from the 70's & 80's. It's depressing but worth seeing.

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 11:28 AM

I thought "Joker" was joyless and deeply mean-spirited. Great performance, sure, but there was nothing pleasurable about the experience of watching this movie.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 11:40 AM

If you've seen "The King Of Comedy", you've essentially seen "Joker". I will agree that Phoenix was outstanding, however.

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 11:41 AM

It's excellent. Joaquin Phoenix is amazing. I just caught up with it. After January 6 it takes on a special meaning.

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2021 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!