Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Countries Without Covid-19

Kiribati

Marshall Islands

Micronesia

Nauru

Palau

Samoa

Solomon Islands

Tonga

Tuvalu

Vanuatu

Both Turkmenistan and North Korea have also claimed to have no Covid-19 cases. North Korea was the first country to seal all their borders and their quarantines can last up to two months, so it might be possible for them to have none, but it's unlikely. Turkmenistan's lack of Covid-19 is also doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 9:29 AM

Anywhere cold, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 1:38 AM

Someone check: Does Grindr and Scruff show options for any of these locales?

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 1:40 AM

I thought N Korea said it's arrived.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 1:49 AM

It has, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 1:54 AM

A defector returned and they think he brought it back with him. He was wanted for rape in South Korea.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 1:55 AM

[quote] North Korea was the first country to seal all their borders

Not many want to visit.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 1:55 AM

all sunny, outdoorsy places.

maybe something to this VitD deficiency thesis.

it helps when you don't really WANT to be inside, and only have to be during typhooooons.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 2:34 AM

R7, I have never been a sunbather, but this year I’ve been sitting out in the sun nearly every day, since May. An hour, from 3:00-4:00, sometimes 2:00-3:00. I’ve got a south/west facing balcony that’s too small to really lie out, so only my front half is tan. But it’s not for aesthetics, it’s for the health benefits.

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 2:40 AM

[quote]I thought N Korea said it's arrived.

They said they had some cases, then said they were false positives.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 4:13 AM

Those South Pacific nations mean business. Some of them, you show up and they stick you in a camp for a month and it's guarded by people with guns.

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 3:37 PM

r10 it may seem extreme, but given these islands would probably be decimated and have insufficient resources to deal with mass sickness, it is probably the correct course of action. these places mostly survive by tourism, correct? they are following the path of NZ, and lucky to be surrounded by water giving them a more easily enforceable border.

too bad we dithered about closing the borders and in-flights here for so long.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 4:41 PM

Tonga, Tuvalu and Nauru are the three least visited countries in the world, so that also helps.

by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2020 10:38 AM

I don't know why. If all the men look like this, Tonga could be the next big gay destination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2020 7:34 PM

r13

Well for starters THEY DON'T

Second, Tonga has a real king who actually rules

Third, The royal family and the nobles dominate and largely own the monetary sector of the economy – particularly the telecommunications and satellite services. Tonga was named the sixth most corrupt country by Forbes.

Fourth, Tongans aren't interested that much in other people so don't develop tourist centers

Lastly, Tonga and nearby Nauru have the world's highest overweight and obese populations.

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2020 8:16 PM

Nauru likes Spam, the real Spam.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 9:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!