Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lance Bass’s Ex Claims He’s Bitter About Justin Timberlake’s Success

One of Lance Bass's ex-boyfriends is opening up about the musician, and claims that he's a little bitter about the success that Justin Timberlake has had since *NSYNC had split up.

Cedric Martinez, who appeared on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, spoke out in a podcast about his relationship with Lance, and hinted that Lance was very bitter and maybe jealous of Justin.

“[He] said they are not close,” Cedric told Behind the Velvet Rope with David Yontef about Lance's relationships with the members of *NSYNC.

He added that “the only person that kept coming up within the conversation was Justin Timberlake.”

“I don’t know what the situation is now, but I think at the time he felt a bit burned and disappointed that the friendship had kind of fizzled out or something, you know? So I think that Lance felt, you know, Justin had a big head and he thought it was a star. And so there was a hint of bitterness. But hey, I mean, I would have been maybe feeling the same...I think there was a bit of animosity there.”

Cedric continued, saying that "Justin kept coming up more than other members" and that he didn't even know the names of the other members of the group.

“Just Lance and Justin!” he said. “So the other guys, I have no idea what they are. But something must have happened. He never went into the details. But he did not like the fact that Justin was acting and seemed to be doing everything and you know, and Lance was trying to restart a career."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438November 4, 2020 12:54 AM

Justin is more talented and conventionally attractive than Lance. However, the person who was really robbed of his deserving fame was JC Chasez who can outsing, outdance and outperform JT for days. JT is lucky he was charismatic, had an interesting ramen noodle hairstyle, worked with Pharrell and Timbaland when their sound was hot, dated Britney Spears and exposed Janet's titty to the world. Though Lance is successful in his own right and he I have sympathy for him growing up gay in a religious home in the Deep South, being closeted in one of the biggest boy bands of the early 21st century and being able to live his life openly.

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 12:51 AM

Shocking. I'm sure this could be said by every other member of NSYNC.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 12:52 AM

I repeat an earlier comment of mine:

Justin crawled into Lance's bunk totally naked, Lance said "Tennessee Bitch Please!" and the relationship grew from there. Maybe if JC hadn't smoked all the weed as obvious in the video below they all would have gotten along better....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 12:53 AM

I would even argue there were many cast members on The Mickey Mouse Club who were equally and if not more talented than JT, Britney, Xtina, JC and Ryan Gosling (non-singing example). So they probably are bitter especially about JT and Britney who relied more on sex appeal than pure, raw singing skills.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 12:54 AM

Like, The Party from MMC should have been bigger. They were the original Disney Channel pop stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 12:56 AM

LOL they choose the most unflattering pic of Lance and a pic of Justin from like 12 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 12:56 AM

Lance Bass’s Ex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 12:57 AM

Apart from JC, there was Matt Morris, Marc Worden and Tony Lucca who had real voices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 12:58 AM

Cedric who lived in Lisa vanderplumos guest house?

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 1:00 AM

JC's voice was superior

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 1:00 AM

Lance is lucky to get the hot guys he does.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 1:00 AM

^ van der plump

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 1:01 AM

JT could have easily been a Jordan Knight/Joey Mac or Nick Carter with a flop solo album had hip hop producers like Pharrell, Timbaland, Clipse and etc didn't take him under their wing. JT is like J Lo basically, black producers adopted him and used him as a vessel for their sound.

JC's solo album was actually really good but the song titles, lyrics and singles sucked ass. "All Day Long I Dream About Sex?" and "Some Girls Dance With Women" were dead on arrival.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 1:02 AM

Lance Bass is bitter about Danny Pintauro's post showbiz career.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 1:03 AM

Jussy is just so damn unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 1:04 AM

Justin sucks. He owes his entire career to black people.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 1:06 AM

People hate on Britney but she never burnt any bridges and that's why she is the center of so much sympathy. And her goofy and quirky nice girl personality is genuine just like Kelly Clarkson. JT comes across as arrogant and a total tryhard. Xtina seems bitter and pretentious to me and isn't well-liked for being a diva.

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 1:08 AM

I wouldn't trust a word Cedric has to say about anything.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 1:09 AM

Isnt this obvious? Remember him crying to the press when Timberfake didnt invite him to his wedding? Embrarrasing.

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 1:11 AM

R17, Did you watch Britney on tbe XFactor? She seemed like a bitch to me.

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 1:11 AM

Another talented MMC cast member who never got the push. It's funny how Disney never pushes the black girls in pop music like Rhona (of MMC), Raven-Symone, China Anne and Zendaya but spends millions on promoting white girls like Britney, Hilary Duff and Miley Cyrus or light-skinned Hispanic girls like Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 1:14 AM

So am I! So what of it?

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 1:18 AM

Honestly JT only had one perfect album and that was Future Sex/Love Sounds. Came out at the right time and was Timbaland at his finest (apart from Aaliyah 2001). HIs debut Justified was good too but you tell it was The Neptunes' MJ leftovers and the ballads on that album are painful.

The 20/20 Experience didn't age well aside from a few perfectly produced songs like Take Back The Night, Blue Ocean Floor and Strawberry Bubblegum. Pt 2 was boring and bloated. Basically was a 21st century version of GNR's Use Your Illusion of MJ's HIStory, way too long and bloated with fillers.

Man of the Woods. Well it was obvious from the singles like Supplies it was going to suck and it didn't fail.

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 1:22 AM

I think Jordan Knight was talented and charismatic to have been a star but he waited too late to go solo. Had he went solo in 1995 or 1996 after NKOTB broke up, he could have had success with a mid-90s R&B album. By the late 90s, NKOTB was forgotten and Jordan did an MTV/DIsney Channel push due to the teen pop era but he didn't fit in that teenybopper y2k aesthetic at all and looked goofy. Even Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, a fantastic production team who was responsible for Janet's breakout hits and helped make Usher the biggest male star of the early 2000s couldn't help Jordan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 1:30 AM

Nick Carter while he fit within Backstreet Boys as one of the lead singers. His solo stuff was beyond forgettable and he tried to do simple pop rock music that was rather outdated sounding in 2002 plus his type of nasally voice was more suited for dance-pop even though he wants to be a rocker. I think they just pushed him as solo due to his popularity with fangirls and his brother Aaron's success. AJ and Brian were good singers tho

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 1:34 AM

JT basically is a joke at this point. No one takes him seriously anymore and now JC is getting a lot of overdue respect. Janet is even getting her legacy back after the media-induced amnesia of the 2000s. To be fair, Janet isn't an innocent lamb and I do believe the Super Bowl incident was a stunt to show her bra though her tit got exposed by mistake. Regardless of the intention, backlash was so stupid and unfair. JT should have defended her tooth and nail as he claimed she was his "idol" and she was an industry veteran at that point. who should have not had her career punished like that. JT who just went solo from a teenybopper boy band got no repercussions at all and even benefited from that controversy. It shows white male privilege and misogynoir at its finest. Anyway, Damita Jo was a dope album and I don't know why people hated it. Discipline and 2YO though, yeah she lost his magic and those albums were weak though Feedback did get at least airplay on TRL and 106&Park.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 1:46 AM

I wonder if Lindsay Lohan is bitter about Hilary Duff becoming a huge IG influencer and still having her songs like "Come Clean" being widely streamed. Yeah, Lindsay was more talented as an actress, had the iconic movies like Mean Girls and Herbie and was bigger at her peak (hanged out with Britney, Nicole and Paris) but Hilary is more well-adjusted and aged beautifully and almost became legitimately famous again with the Lizzie McGuire reboot.

Kiely Williams' seems bitter about both Naturi Naughton and Raven-Symone's careers though they were much more talented and Raven had been famous since she was a toddler. Naturi starred in a few movies and is starring on a hit show Power.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 1:52 AM

R16, what an outdated argument. And how belittling to all the blacks whose talent & work go into making his music. Since producers, performers, songwriters & publishers are the only entities who get paid each time a song is played or sold I'm sure those black boys love cashing the checks from all that white boy product sold. I'm no Timberlake fan at all, but to suggest he owes his career to cultural appropriation is basic & ignorant. The music he's influenced by & performs is simply too mainstream to infer it's stolen. And as I said, talented black artists & musicians willingly & legitimately work too hard to have it dismissed as cultural appropriation. People are getting due credit, respect & $$$.

As far as Lance Bass...He has none of the personal or physical appeal that Timberlake has, none of that X factor at all. Whenever there's a D grade "celebrity" cook off, game show, or panel judging some insignificance you can bet Bass will be there. I bet he's bitter. It's a real bitch when the expectations you have for yourself are nowhere near those the world has for you.

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 1:52 AM

R27

Kiely has a hit viral song tho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 1:55 AM

We all are. Poodle haired midget.

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 1:57 AM

R29 Countess Vaughn from Moesha and The Parkers had a better song lol. I do feel bad for Countess as Brandy apparently was very mean to her and jealous she was a better actress who outstaged her on Moesha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 1:59 AM

R29 Countess Vaughn from Moesha and The Parkers had a better song lol. I do feel bad for Countess as Brandy apparently was very mean to her and jealous she was a better actress who outstaged her on Moesha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 1:59 AM

Ex group members are usually "bitter" when the Diana Ross of the group was a bitch. Destiny's Child is a great example.

Justin probably had a nasty attitude back then, so of course Lance will not rejoice that he got the accolades and wild success. JC was the backbone of NSYNC. Justin got put on cause they made him look pretty. Tim gave him hits and the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 2:03 AM

I think Victoria Justice is also probably bitter about Ariana Grande's success too. Though mainly because Ariana (and LIz Gillies and Daniela Monet and all the guys except Avan) outstaged her on Victorious. Ariana had the cute/sexy (yes I know creepy) dichotomy, memorable character and actual vocal prowess to become a big pop star. Victoria was obviously set up for the pop career but NIckelodeon and pedo Dan Schneider clearly failed to realize that Victoria while pretty was basic and boring.

by Anonymousreply 34August 1, 2020 2:04 AM

Good one r32. Countess had many people shut her out during her career. She is a mega talented singer.

by Anonymousreply 35August 1, 2020 2:05 AM

I bet Bella Thorne is bitter and jealous of Zendaya.

by Anonymousreply 36August 1, 2020 2:07 AM

R28: Hi Justin! Top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 37August 1, 2020 2:10 AM

R33 I actually don't think Kelly is bitter as she is the 2nd most successful of DC (likely due to being close friends with Bey and her family) and Kelly stans hard for Bey and Solange. Michelle I can sense some bitterness. Latoya and Latavia definitely but they had good reasons as Mathew Knowles screwed them over bad and they both were just as talented if not more than Beyonce. I believe Latavia wrote many of the early DC songs too. But the difference between DC and NSYNC, BSB and Spice Girls was DC was specifically set up for Beyonce to be a star by her own father. He was going to sabotage every other member. Mathew is an evil Svengali type on par with Joe Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 38August 1, 2020 2:10 AM

Lance sang the backup bass harmony line, right? It’s the vocal type that would be least likely to translate to a solo career as a male pop singer.

by Anonymousreply 39August 1, 2020 2:13 AM

I don't think Beyonce is a bitch like Diana or JT. She seems very simple-minded and goes with the flow of what her parents, sister, husband and management team tell her to do (like Britney). She does seem vain, snobby and shady in a the typical upper class black Southern belle type of way but I don't get straight up malicious vibes from her, just really self-absorbed. Jay-Z and Mathew and Tina Knowles are the malicious and money-hungry types that just use Beyonce as a vehicle. At least my theory.

by Anonymousreply 40August 1, 2020 2:15 AM

I agree r38. Beyonce emulated her parent's hard work ethic, she couldn't help that Mathew was only looking out her, and possibly Kelly.

Zayn had potential to be a juggernaut music act like Beyonce and Justin, but he had none of the work ethic or drive that those two did. Its a shame because he was so beautiful and he had an equally beautiful voice. He's got to the biggest waste ever in modern music.

by Anonymousreply 41August 1, 2020 2:18 AM

Lance was also hired a the last minute as a replacement for a different member too.

by Anonymousreply 42August 1, 2020 2:19 AM

Lance is way hotter than JT. He has bigger muscles and is stronger too.

by Anonymousreply 43August 1, 2020 2:21 AM

I agree JC was handsomer and a better singer than Justin. But sometimes fame has nothing to do with those things--it has much more to do usually with how badly you want it, and who you know.

I am not surprised Lance did not do better. He was never handsome, and his voice is not as good as Justin's or JC's.

I am also not surprised he's not close friends with Justin anymore--famous people often tend to shed their former friends who are not or no longer famous (except--sometimes--their closest ones from their youths). It's part of their insecurity about losing their own fame.

by Anonymousreply 44August 1, 2020 2:22 AM

R41 I agree on Zayn. Definitely the most interesting and talented of 1D but he has a lot of mental issues that hold him back. He is lazy but he seems to suffer from nervous disorders and a drug addiction.

I do think Harry has talent and his music is fun/enjoyable but he lacks substance and his whole style is a copy of 60s/70s artists and its starting to get old (just like Bruno Mars' cover band style music is getting old).

by Anonymousreply 45August 1, 2020 2:23 AM

Unpopular opinion but I think Britney's success was do to her hard work ethic and her crazy stage mom's hard work too. Apart from talent shows, child pageants, plays and the Mickey Mouse Club which gave her experience as a performer. She toured malls like crazy and worked hard on dancing routine while singing live (she didn't get heavy into lipsyncing until her 2nd album). When she and Max Martin teamed up, he had her manipulate her vocal style to fit the melody of the songs he envisioned. Something that would be vocally challenging for anyone but she accepted. She had a naturally deep voice but was willing to mend it into a higher-pitched nasal tone to fit Max's vision. And it paid off (sadly at the cost of ruining her natural singing ability).. While Xtina worked hard, she always had a big booming voice which would have ensured her a career and she never pushed herself above and beyond like Britney did to make it. Britney pushed her body and voice beyond it's normal capabilities. She had the hard work, passion and enthusiasm for her pop career and her sunny personality made her more personable at the time. Xtina always had an aloof and cool personality which while would fit more in today's landscape (look at Rihanna and Billie), back then she was seen as "bitchy" and while she was the 2nd biggest pop girl, her attitude likely made her least receptive to the public.

by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2020 2:34 AM

Lance should be happy as at least he is more relevant than Joey and Chris. Chris was Chip Skylark on Fairly OddParents and " Joey Fat One" was a punchline on Robot Chicken. Lance had his radio show and is in the media from time to time thanks to being an happily married gay man. Also he grew into his looks and is not bad-looking.

by Anonymousreply 47August 1, 2020 2:42 AM

[quote] People hate on Britney but she never burnt any bridges and that's why she is the center of so much sympathy. And her goofy and quirky nice girl personality is genuine just like Kelly Clarkson.

IMO, nobody really knows what's "genuine" unless you've spent time with that person. My observation was that B. Spears was very lucky to have had the career she had. If she had been black, with that same amount of talent (singing voice, dance ability), she would not have been successful.

People maybe have a soft spot for her b/c they were coming of age when her music came out.

by Anonymousreply 48August 1, 2020 2:43 AM

“If she had been black, with that same amount of talent (singing voice, dance ability), she would not have been successful”

Two words : Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2020 2:44 AM

True, R49, but IMO, JJ is an outlier. She is Michael Jackson's sister as well.

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2020 2:56 AM

I disagree with the "had she been black" part. Rihanna, Ciara, Cassie, Ashanti, Jhene and Tinashe all were big for a time. J Lo isn't black but she was big (and still is) too and I don't find her dancing that amazingly impressive. Hilary Duff, Fergie and Paula Abdul who are all white were worse singers than Britney ever was and they were big too at different points. That said, Britney actually could sing. She can't really anymore but as a child and teen she had a decent naturally deep singing voice (which is why she was in pagaents, TV competitions like Star Search and on The Mickey Mouse Club and signed to a label) and obviously she was a good dancer before she injured herself in the early 2000s. Britney was more cute and average looking too before her "pop star makeover" too, so her looks weren't why she was signed on, they saw talent in her. As for Janet, she has a tiny, limited voice but she can harmonize well and knows her limits as does Ciara and Tinashe too. Riganna and Cassie in comparison were much worse singers and dancers when they debuted. Though at least Rihanna improved her vocals tremendously. J Lo though well she's more listenable now thanks to Marc Anthony's influence but she was worse a singer than Britney, Janet, Paula and Rihanna combined.

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2020 2:59 AM

*Rihanna

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2020 2:59 AM

Janet Jackson was Justin's idol and he modeled his career after hers. The fact that he completely paid her dust speaks to his true character.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2020 3:00 AM

This would be an incredibly interesting conversation and thread if it was the year 2000.

by Anonymousreply 54August 1, 2020 3:03 AM

I forgot to add this, Janet is a much better dancer than Madonna, Britney and J Lo. Only Ciara is close to her level but her vocals are worse than Janet.

by Anonymousreply 55August 1, 2020 3:04 AM

Agreed, R55. IMO, JJ was a better dancer than Madonna & Britney. Not sure about J. Lo. Britney now only dances with the bottom half of her body and her arms.

by Anonymousreply 56August 1, 2020 3:08 AM

JT has a weak singing voice but at least he knows how to use it properly and aware of his limits. He actually improved too. He's not as bad as Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, The Weeknd and Shawn Mendes who all sound like they're whining and I like The Weeknd at least.

by Anonymousreply 57August 1, 2020 3:09 AM

the cream always rises to the top

by Anonymousreply 58August 1, 2020 3:13 AM

If JT is cancelled, maybe Usher can have a real comeback. He aged much better and was and still is a much better singer and dancer. Like how they conveniently tried to erase Janet, the mainstream media always forgets from 1997 to 2005, Usher was the biggest male pop star.

by Anonymousreply 59August 1, 2020 3:21 AM

R59, Usher got exposd for haviing herpes and sleeping with men. There aint gonna be no comeback.

by Anonymousreply 60August 1, 2020 3:25 AM

R60 True. I guess Beyonce really is the only out of that late 90s/early 00s era of pop stars that still has a relevant career in mainstream music and influence on pop culture. But I feel even her days are numbered as she is aging out.

by Anonymousreply 61August 1, 2020 3:35 AM

R61, pink is still highly successful. She probably grosses more than Beyonce does on tour

Beyonces relevance is manifactired by the media. Nobody really fucks with her like that except the Beyhive.

by Anonymousreply 62August 1, 2020 3:41 AM

R62 I would argue Alicia Keys as well. Though she is a bit different from the others in that Alicia never was part of the teen pop crowd and always more pop singer-songwriter with R&B elements. Compared to other singer-songwriter types of that period like Michelle Branch and Vanessa Carlton, Alicia still enjoys mainstream love and success. Though her personal life (like the homewrecker drama) is a bit messy. John Mayer too, though he is a douchebag and may be disliked by many, he is definitely still successful and toured with the Grateful Dead.

by Anonymousreply 63August 1, 2020 3:50 AM

Yeah I was going to mention Pink as well. And Kelly Clarkson.

r62 you are right but thats just it. Beyonce's fans are so far reaching and so great in number that she can just cater to them and still be wildly successful. That is when you truly have reached the top of the game. Adele and Taylor Swift will be the same way in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 64August 1, 2020 3:52 AM

I'm bitter about too. I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 65August 1, 2020 3:54 AM

R64, Taylor Swift is already there.

by Anonymousreply 66August 1, 2020 3:55 AM

R64 I think Taylor already reached that point. I mean, many people hate TS with a passion but her fanbase is so huge that it doesn't matter. Yeah her new album is getting rave reviews and she seems to become an even bigger media darling once she started actually making anti-Trump statements.

by Anonymousreply 67August 1, 2020 3:57 AM

Actually, if there is anyone who is bitter. It's Keri Hilson, an R&B singer-songwriter who hates Beyonce and resented Bey was bigger than her in the late 2000s. Keri's jealousy and mouth got her a lot of hate from the BeyHive and her singing career likely got blackballed. Though Keri is a successful songwriter and still living the high life.

by Anonymousreply 68August 1, 2020 4:13 AM

Usher is so fucking sexy

by Anonymousreply 69August 1, 2020 4:25 AM

Didn’t Justin Timberlake and Usher both allegedly rape Justin Bieber when he was a minor?

by Anonymousreply 70August 1, 2020 4:32 AM

Usher is still sexy but it is nasty that was supposedly spreading herpes. I would respect him if he came out as bisexual but conservative parts of his fanbase would go crazy. Unfortunately, R&B and hip-hop still hasn't embraced LGBT singers/rappers. And before you come with the accusations of homophobia in the Black community, it's not any different than homophobia from more blue-collar/rural White communities just look at country music and hard rock/heavy metal.

by Anonymousreply 71August 1, 2020 4:36 AM

I think JT (and Lance) could have been a victim of that disgusting pedo Lou Pearlman who created and managed NSYNC, BSB, O-Town and Aaron Carter and stole money from all of them.

by Anonymousreply 72August 1, 2020 4:50 AM

R72 I could be wrong, but I think I read that the parents of the NSYNC members (maybe just JT and Lance's mothers, irrc) were around with them more so Lou Perlman really didn't really have his ways with them the same way he did... the Carter brothers, I'm assuming.

(Omg O-Town, haven't thought of them in years.)

by Anonymousreply 73August 1, 2020 4:56 AM

Why would Justin be cancelled?

And why do certain Dataloungers seem to want all celebrities they don't personally care for to be cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 74August 1, 2020 5:18 AM

Beyonce has had rumors for years about her actually being a terrible songwriter and that many of her songs have been written by ghostwriters. Also that her songs featuring co-writers were actually mostly written by the co-writers and that Beyonce contributed very little but would make sure her name was attached.

There also been rumors that Beyonce intentionally had several up and coming singers music careers sabotaged because she allegedly felt threatened by their potential and talent.

by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2020 6:30 AM

Wasn't Lance known for skiddy poopy underpants?

by Anonymousreply 76August 1, 2020 6:34 AM

Yeah, R63 & R64, but Pink and Kelly Clarkson are firmly planted in frauland now, and there’s no coming back from that.

As obnoxious as Beyoncé can be, there’s still an air of cool and youth about her and what she does.

by Anonymousreply 77August 1, 2020 7:08 AM

[Quote] but Hilary is more well-adjusted and aged beautifully and almost became legitimately famous again with the Lizzie McGuire reboot.

Hilary had an eating disorder and allegedly a coke addict. Also went a little ott with the fillers.

[Quote] Kiely Williams' seems bitter about both Naturi Naughton and Raven-Symone's careers

Both Kiely and Adrienne bullied Naturi back in the 3LW days, so I don't feel sorry for her.

[Quote] I think Victoria Justice is also probably bitter about Ariana Grande's success too.

I'm sure she is. But Victoria doesn't appear to be as fucked up as Ariana. And she's a better actress than singer. I don't know why she isn't part of some CW show.

by Anonymousreply 78August 1, 2020 7:36 AM

I guess Lance can be happy now that Justin Timberlake's career his collapsed with his flop last project Man of the Woods. It took the black backlash from Janet and Prince fans to get him cancelled. Verdict: Over.

Usher is more talented and was bigger than JT until "Sexy Back" catapulted JT above him. But he's still had more hits than JT this decade, mostly collaborations with others like JT and Chris Brown. I don't think a real comeback is in the cards. Verdict: 50/50

Chris Brown, more the Usher and Timberlake before him, looked the most primed to step into the void vacated by Michael Jackson since the early 90s, then the Rihanna incident happened. Boy can sing and dance better than anyone in the business, even now, but the bad boy thing has ruined his potential. But he's the only one that still has a career and "No Guidance" was a monster hit for him last year (this with some media still refusing to touch him and his music). People like Drake still clamoring to work with him. Verdict: Relevant.

Bruno Mars' retro style served him well but it's getting old and becoming passé. Verdict: Up in the air (to be determined by next project). Likely on the wane

Robin Thicke. Verdict: Over (One hit wonder).

Justin Bieber. Past it as his audience grows up. Verdict: On the wane (needs something new quick).

JC Chasez for the talented one that never took off.

Anyone I forgot? The others had a shot.

As for the ladies, I think Beyonce is sailing by reputation and needs a hit like yesterday. Time's running out for Rihanna too. And P!nk. Alicia Keys can't chart anymore. Britney, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson are virtually done. I nominate Kelly Rowland for the JC Chasez award. But she and Beyonce are close like family and still best friends. If Beyonce continues to shine, she can be her Gayle KIng.

by Anonymousreply 79August 1, 2020 8:43 AM

Chris Brown is super-talented

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 1, 2020 8:44 AM

R79 I think Rihanna still has a few hits left. But her main focus is makeup. She just released a skincare line.

R80 I hate to admit, it but I do love that song. However Chris continues to be a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 81August 1, 2020 9:06 AM

Yikes. I don't know what happened. Typed on a new phone and didn't notice all those errors and typos.

by Anonymousreply 82August 1, 2020 9:26 AM

Usher is so handsome. He has aged beautifully.

by Anonymousreply 83August 1, 2020 9:33 AM

Didn’t someone here call Lance “Mr. Potato Head”? Then he ruined his face even more with the nose job.

by Anonymousreply 84August 1, 2020 9:40 AM

I’ve enjoyed stumbling into this thread at 4am since my neighbors woke me, chatting about life on their deck at 4am!

Anyway, such great points and trips down memory lane. R79, I was in high school when Chris Brown was dominating the charts and remember the Rihanna incident because my Psychology teacher wouldn’t let us use it as for our morning news recap because every other class already talked about it, haha and she was done.

I have to disagree about Chris’ voice, it’s worse than Bieber, Mars, Timberlake, and Usher’s. Simply nasally and since the very beginning, auto tuned to death. I watch some vocal coaches talk about Bieber’s voice, I was very surprised at the young man’s range.

I’d say that I’d be jealous about JT’s success as well. If anyone should be angry it’s MJ. MJ did it to himself. First, passing on NSYNC’s Gone single. JT wanted to record it with the guys and MJ. That’s why JT has an oversized solo on that track, originally reserved for MJ. By the time MJ was out of his drug haze enough to re-accept the offer the single had already been cut and had to be released.

Then MJ, whose music is still close to my heart, passed on those hit singles from Justified for the overpriced mess on Invincible. Image how great it would have been to end a career with Cry Me a River, Like You love Me, and Senorita? Even though the molestation allegations would have derailed its success it would have had a large resurgence after his death.

I never liked that song Sexy Back, but the rest of the album was gold. Goes Around is still a bop. 20/20 experience was trash. Like something Robin Thicke would release as a boring album from an musician that thinks highly about their artistic craft. People were just giving JT a pass on that doctor’s office music.

JT, unlike Beyoncé, was a fool to leave his band mates or Janet out of his Super Bowl performance. He’s like Diana Ross post Motown. Everything people wanted to hear came from his days in his group or singles produced by the Timberland or Pharrell just like Diana’s best singles were from the days when Motown threw their best people behind her. JT is nothing without the black people he stepped on then ignored on his quest for fame. Bye bitch!

by Anonymousreply 85August 1, 2020 9:46 AM

[quote] and remember the Rihanna incident because my Psychology teacher wouldn’t let us use it as for our morning news recap because every other class already talked about it, haha and she was done.

That's hilarious

by Anonymousreply 86August 1, 2020 9:50 AM

R81 Rihanna has one of the most unique voices in the game which always sets her apart. Her fans are desperate for her new music. She’s step away to make major bank on her skincare, clothing, and endorsements. She’s nearly as wealthy as Madonna and likely wealthier than Beyoncé from her non-music enterprises.

She doesn’t really seem to even enjoy singing. She’s stated that she, like many artists, hates touring. I can see why she’s focus on the easier and highly more lucrative non-music interests. I love the bit of mystery that Rihanna and Beyoncé maintain.

Funny enough, Katy Perry has a massive run on the Billboards from three albums then flopped so hard. Meanwhile, Rih produced an album a every year and a half from like 2008-2015. She talked about how exhausted she was from it all. Left the scene and is still more popular than aging Katy.

Remember Rich’s tour where they brought some of her biggest fans along for the ride with their own plane. It was terrible and I could tell that Rih was about done with it all.

by Anonymousreply 87August 1, 2020 9:53 AM

JT and Usher have each recorded so many MJ influenced songs and videos. But my fave was Ne-Yo's (WHET him?) One in a Million video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 1, 2020 10:58 AM

CB's Fine China was good too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 1, 2020 10:59 AM

R88 I like alot of Ne-Yo's stuff. I think he's on the Step Up tv show.

I don't know why I was surprised at the gay rumours 😄

by Anonymousreply 90August 1, 2020 11:08 AM

JC and Dale's sexy asses singing Jodeci. JT and Ryan were too young to be singing this song tho lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 1, 2020 12:34 PM

Britney and JT singing together on MMC. Her voice was more powerful and deeper than his.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 1, 2020 12:43 PM

Justin, Lance and Joey all had songs on Gap and GapKids In-Store Playlists.

JC never did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 1, 2020 1:27 PM

Remember that flop movie Lance and Joey were in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 1, 2020 2:18 PM

Joey FAT ONE

by Anonymousreply 95August 1, 2020 2:20 PM

Usher can sing, dance and fuck timberlake under the table

by Anonymousreply 96August 1, 2020 2:21 PM

I never found JT to be hot or beautiful for any prolonged period of time. He has his moments of attractiveness like that 2003 Rolling Stone cover, 2006 FS/LS shaved head era and that movie Friends with Benefits with Mila Kunis but all those were brief. Today, JT looks completely average looking, sometimes he can look good depending on the angle and lighting of the photo but most of the time he just looks funny and much older than his age. But even during JT's NSYNC days, JC was better looking than all of the other members combined but JT had the cockiness, "it" factor and ramen noodle hair and dated Britney.

by Anonymousreply 97August 1, 2020 2:51 PM

Some powerful executives have JT’s spread hole pics no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 98August 1, 2020 2:53 PM

Being a better singer has nothing to do with it. Minnie Riperton blew away most of her 70s contemporaries but only had one hit.

She asked Stevie Wonder to produce one of her albums and he jumped at the chance and later said, he found it the most frustrating experience, because Minnie wanted to do everything. He said, she wanted to put Rock, Jazz, Country all into one song often in the same lyric line. He said no one could market her correctly because of this.

Lance is marginal and his looks are awful. He's just ugly.

by Anonymousreply 99August 1, 2020 3:01 PM

As a whole, Backstreet Boys were much better looking than NSYNC especially AJ and Kevin. Vocally BSB was superior too as all their voices blended together perfectly (which is why it was harder for them to break solo careers). NSYC mainly was the JC and JT show.

by Anonymousreply 100August 1, 2020 3:03 PM

What a shock!

by Anonymousreply 101August 1, 2020 3:12 PM

Justin and his mom had to beg Lance's mom to let Lance join NSYNC

by Anonymousreply 102August 1, 2020 3:19 PM

Hilary Duff and her family are racist Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 103August 1, 2020 3:19 PM

Hilary doesn't come across as racist but I don't doubt her family could be that way as they are from Houston (before Houston became more diverse and liberal it is today).

by Anonymousreply 104August 1, 2020 3:22 PM

Lalaine was more interesting as an actress than Hilary on Lizzie McGuire though. I know she did have a drug problem and claimed she left the show and wasn't in the movie to film "You Wish". Disney did screw over her music career and didn't push her at all like they did with Hilary and even Christy Carlson Romano. Vanessa Hudgens who is also Filipina like Lalaine even got more of a push than her (but that was due to High School Musical).

by Anonymousreply 105August 1, 2020 3:26 PM

Lance Bass is just mad because he ruined his hole for success. Now he is stinky and broke.

JT is more talented

by Anonymousreply 106August 1, 2020 3:28 PM

[quote] Janet Jackson was Justin's idol and he modeled his career after hers. The fact that he completely paid her dust speaks to his true character.

We all know there was no "wardrobe malfunction." The only question is whether Justin knew she was going to expose her bare breast. The whole thing was stupid.

I love Janet and I do NOT love JT. But she got what she deserved by elevating a redneck MJ-wannabe to her level and implicitly giving him part of her shine. It was a lesson for Janet and it cost her career.

by Anonymousreply 107August 1, 2020 3:33 PM

They must have had to stop every hour just to empty the crap tanks on that bus with all those people eating and crapping all day long. The smell inside that bus must have been noxious. You know how young guys like that do nothing but fart.

by Anonymousreply 108August 1, 2020 3:34 PM

I bet Janet and JT fucked hardcore

by Anonymousreply 109August 1, 2020 3:35 PM

I wonder if the Olsen Twins are bitter that Elizabeth Olsen not only ended up having a big film career and is a sex symbol but also had a normal childhood they were denied by their parents. I know MKA are filthy rich but they clearly are messed up and traumatized by being in the spotlight way too early and working nonstop in tv/movies/promos/merchandise for 18 years straight. It's really sad actually.

by Anonymousreply 110August 1, 2020 3:35 PM

[quote] I bet Janet and JT fucked hardcore

Nope. They are sexually incompatible.

by Anonymousreply 111August 1, 2020 3:39 PM

[quote] JT should have defended her tooth and nail as he claimed she was his "idol" and she was an industry veteran at that point.

He threw her under the bus. I actually saw a clip recently on youtube. Apparently, Justin was caught laughing about the incident a few minutes after it happened. Then, when he found out he could get in trouble, he said on the news (to paraphrase) "I would never take part in such a stunt!". And it was later revealed that Justin cried on the phones with the tv executives and apologized which is why he was never punished. What a little turd.

by Anonymousreply 112August 1, 2020 6:35 PM

R112, He didn’t throw her under the bus at all. He was actually covering for them both by saying it was an accident..

Janets pride was too big to apologize.

by Anonymousreply 113August 1, 2020 6:37 PM

MadTV on Lance Bass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 1, 2020 6:49 PM

Lance Bass manages to get a lot of hot dudes but he is so inbred looking. I don't get it. He also considers himself a "normal acting masculine dude".

by Anonymousreply 115August 1, 2020 6:57 PM

[quote] He threw her under the bus. I actually saw a clip recently on youtube. Apparently, Justin was caught laughing about the incident a few minutes after it happened. Then, when he found out he could get in trouble, he said on the news (to paraphrase) "I would never take part in such a stunt!". And it was later revealed that Justin cried on the phones with the tv executives and apologized which is why he was never punished. What a little turd.

Janet was a seasoned professional when the Superbowl incident occurred. She was raised in showbusiness. She saw what happened to Madonna when she crossed the line. It was solely her own fault to stage such a tawdry, low-class stunt.

JT was doing what was asked of him. He was HER guest performer. His frontal lobe was not fully formed. I have not, and will never, hold him responsible for what happened or suggest that he should have protected Janet from the consequences of her own horrible lapse of judgment and decorum.

That said, I am an lifelong Janet fan and wouldn't care if JT floated away into the sun.

by Anonymousreply 116August 2, 2020 12:13 AM

R116: Oh cut the crap blaming her and apologizing for his ass then trying to pretend you're a fan of hers. You are not and no one here is buying your bullshit.

NOW, to more important matters...who do we think is more endowed, Mississippi Missy Lance or Tennessee Titmouse Justin?

by Anonymousreply 117August 2, 2020 12:16 AM

R117, definitely Lance. Jussy is all about small dick energy.

by Anonymousreply 118August 2, 2020 12:18 AM

Justin timbertoots

by Anonymousreply 119August 2, 2020 12:20 AM

R117 Lance as he pulls in hot guys and maintains them too and he has to offer something. If JT wasn't a big celebrity, he would be working at Wal-Mart.

by Anonymousreply 120August 2, 2020 12:48 AM

Timberlake's dick doesn't look small to me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 2, 2020 12:55 AM

R121 Friends With Benefits was the only time Timberlake looked his hottest. He is the most inconsistent looking human being ever, sometimes he looks good but a lot of times he looks basic and average.

by Anonymousreply 122August 2, 2020 1:02 AM

Allegedly, from what I’ve heard, JT is a very nasty person.

by Anonymousreply 123August 2, 2020 1:41 AM

More important, did Lance get to see Justin naked?

And Justin's acting career never took off.

by Anonymousreply 124August 2, 2020 2:04 AM

JT always seemed fake. I don't know why he became such a media darling during from 2006 to 2013 where you couldn't turn on SNL, Fallon or Kimmel or go to the movies and not his face. He and Jessica Biel were also trying to be the next Brangelina. Hollywood tried so hard to make him happen despite the fact he cannot act and most people were wondering where the hell his new music was. In fact, I say that 7 year gap is what shows his complete lack of artistry. A true musician would always be in the studio and working at the skill but JT wanted to be an actor and socialite. The fact he was getting comparisons to real artists like Michael Jackson and Prince is beyond disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 125August 2, 2020 2:04 AM

*not see his face

by Anonymousreply 126August 2, 2020 2:05 AM

r124 most likely they have all seen each other naked or close to it. Lance says they are like "brothers" in that way.

by Anonymousreply 127August 2, 2020 2:06 AM

R127 Yea, it be really really hard to be on a tour bus or share hotel rooms constantly and not see each other naked at one point.

by Anonymousreply 128August 2, 2020 2:07 AM

Didn't read the whole thread - Cedric - this is smarmy Lisa Vanderpump's leftovers?

Not a word he breathes should be trusted - and anyway, this envy would be just natural.

No news - "So, where's my paycheck?" - Cedric

by Anonymousreply 129August 2, 2020 2:10 AM

His mother must be one hell of a stage mother. Here's a pic from his pageant days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 2, 2020 2:19 AM

It's clear Usher was the closest thing to a "Prince of Pop" too. I don't think JT ever fit that, even at his peak in 2006, he really isn't iconic or had any interesting visuals or quirks. I don't even get why MTV gave him a Video Vanguard Award. Chris Brown and Justin Bieber had way way way more potential at that title especially with their debuts but fell very flat due to their mental illnesses and lack of consistency in quality.

by Anonymousreply 131August 2, 2020 2:19 AM

Gurl at R130!

by Anonymousreply 132August 2, 2020 2:19 AM

One more for you, R132!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 2, 2020 2:22 AM

Now I understand why Vanderpump dropped Cedric out of her life “like that”... she was team Lance and when they broke up... Cedric was cancelled

by Anonymousreply 134August 2, 2020 2:26 AM

He was a cute kid. His stage mother Lynn definitely taught Justin to be bitchy and backstabbing to get to the top. Definitely similar to Mathew Knowles.

by Anonymousreply 135August 2, 2020 2:27 AM

He was a cute kid. His stage mother Lynn definitely taught Justin to be bitchy and backstabbing to get to the top. Definitely similar to Mathew Knowles.

by Anonymousreply 136August 2, 2020 2:27 AM

R128: I guarantee it. Now, did they ever have a circle jerk and see who could finish first....the world will never know...

I STILL maintain that SOMETHING happened between Lance and Justin, either sexual or near-sexual, and that explains the animosity these two have. No other members of the groups seem to display this towards anyone, but these two...my naked bunk theory at R3 is the bets bet.

R131: I read an article back in 2013 when it happened about how it is all marketing and nothing else with MTV. That they would give their equivalent of a lifetime achievement award to a guy with 3--THREE--solo albums as his fourth was just coming out says it all.

by Anonymousreply 137August 2, 2020 2:40 AM

Right, it would be like giving an award to Christina Aguilera for being a "vocal legend". There's nothing legendary about Justin or Christina.

by Anonymousreply 138August 2, 2020 2:42 AM

Has anyone heard the story about Britney Spears allegedly chewing out one of the costars of Zoey 101, the show of her little sister Jamie? It was so bad the girl had to leave the show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 2, 2020 2:45 AM

Justin was more driven - end of story. The others were picked out of casting - Justin had actually done some work and wanted to be front man.

Charisma matters (I don't like him - but plenty of people did). Management matters - they had him do a LOT of comedy segments that made him much more appealing.

Lance? Well - he shouldn't be disappointed. He's got a good career and is the 2nd most famous. JC Chasez is still in the closet and doesn't seem to have much drive.

JC could and should have been the biggest star - better looks, better voice - but as Diana Ross will tell you - voice isn't everything. Are you willing to cut a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 140August 2, 2020 2:46 AM

Also, I was obsessed with Hilary Duff’s album, Metamorphosis. Lizzie McGuire was a huge deal back in elementary school, and I remember belting the lyrics to “Come Clean” in my shower as I pretended to be Hilary Duff in the music video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 2, 2020 2:47 AM

Hilary Duff's music was awful. The only thing more limited than Duff's acting range is her singing range.

by Anonymousreply 142August 2, 2020 2:48 AM

Christina can sing but she tries way too hard to prove that she can sing and goes overboard. Having restraint and control is also part of singing. The more creative control she gained, the more and more pretentious and over-the-top she got. Though, she seems a bit humbled now and her recent stuff is an improvement. Whitney, Patti and Mariah went a bit overboard too but Xtina is just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 143August 2, 2020 2:49 AM

R137 Interesting theory. Given how young and close in age Lance and Justin were (the other three member were in their twenties), they probably did sexually experiment. Maybe Lance liked Justin and Justin rejected him because he was way more into girls romantically.

by Anonymousreply 144August 2, 2020 2:51 AM

Jamie Lynn comes across as a spoiled brat. As for Britney, she probably took her sister's side and thought Alexa was the bully. I do feel bad for Alexa though, Dan "Get in the Van" Schneider probably fired her at the Spears request. Victoria Justice also was brought on as a replacement for another early Latina character (Dana) who was apparently fired for being "too old looking" (despite them hiring her). Again that was fucked up too.

by Anonymousreply 145August 2, 2020 2:54 AM

Jamie Lynn comes across as a spoiled brat. As for Britney, she probably took her sister's side and thought Alexa was the bully. I do feel bad for Alexa though, Dan "Get in the Van" Schneider probably fired her at the Spears request. Victoria Justice also was brought on as a replacement for another early Latina character (Dana) who was apparently fired for being "too old looking" (despite them hiring her). Again that was fucked up too.

by Anonymousreply 146August 2, 2020 2:55 AM

R144: Or maybe Justin did it to further his career which pissed Lance off. Maybe he's bi with a preference for girls. But to lie about what a straight due bro he is could be what ruffles Lance's sequin feathers. Maybe they were jack-off and cuddle buddies on the bus but JT said I want a solo career and fags don't get those, so thanks for the naked fun time, but I'm out and only playing with girls now, like I always did *wink wink*. And Lance just HATES the phoniness.

by Anonymousreply 147August 2, 2020 2:57 AM

R141 Hilary was def huge back then. Lindsay Lohan, Raven, Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens also tried to be pop singers. But Hilary though had way better songwriters and a production team and while she was never a good singer, her voice was mellow, pleasant and easy on the ears (sorta like a Janet and Ciara tone) so it wasn't distracting.

by Anonymousreply 148August 2, 2020 2:59 AM

R145 From what Alexa said, the actress who played Dana attacked her while filming the Spring Break episode! I wonder if that was a reason for the firing? I thought Victoria Justice was the better fit.

Ariana Grande had problems with both Victoria Justice and Jeanette McCurdy which leads me to believe she’s the problem. Neither Victoria or Jeanette had issues with their other cast mates on their previous shows. I could see Ariana being a mean girl and trying to isolate

by Anonymousreply 149August 2, 2020 3:02 AM

I loved Ashley Tisdale! This song/video were kind of raunchy by Disney standards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 2, 2020 3:08 AM

Lindsay Lohan though, her singing career was dead on arrival. She has a few nice pop rock/pop punk songs like "Ultimate", "First" and "Over" but her voice was way too unpleasant on the ears. She was very beautiful though.

Raven has a very nice voice and she released new music that is pretty dope. Vocally, I felt she was the strongest of the Disney girls of that era but Disney didn't push her and gave her mediocre songs and producers too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 2, 2020 3:08 AM

I liked Ashley's music too. She is a much better singer than Vanessa Hudgens and even her songs on Phineas and Ferb are catchy.

by Anonymousreply 152August 2, 2020 3:11 AM

I always loved this song by Lindsay. With parents like she had she never really stood a chance :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 2, 2020 3:11 AM

Raven and Corbin both got pigeonholed into R&B type songs too by Disney. I feel if they were allowed to do a more light pop sound they would have gotten a bit bigger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 2, 2020 3:15 AM

Omg, Corbin! Yes, he should have been way bigger. I had a friend who had the biggest crush on him back in the day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 2, 2020 3:19 AM

r137 well Justin did apparently tell the guys in NSYNC to smell his fingers after he fingered Britney, so circle jerks don't seem far-fetched.

by Anonymousreply 156August 2, 2020 3:24 AM

I thought Corbin was hotter than Zac during HSM era and talented. I think Jesse McCartney (who was also hot) should had a longer mainstream music career too. I feel Miley, Selena and Demi were the first to really break into actual mainstream radio. Jonas Brothers even got a hit recently with Sucker. Hilary and Jesse were more confined to kids/teen market and failed miserably at transitioning into an adult market (even if their music got so much better).

by Anonymousreply 157August 2, 2020 3:25 AM

Selena had a great look and some good songs but she was never the strongest singer. Even Kevin Jonas attested to this on WWHL. However she was one of the best acting talents on Disney at the time.

Demi had the better voice but was sort of a prickly personality on top of her scandals. I remember when it came out that she punched a backup dancer in the face during her tour with the Jonas Brothers, and then shortly announced she was going to rehab. My friends and I were in middle school and that rocked our world lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 2, 2020 3:34 AM

I saw Corbin Bleu on Broadway in "Holiday Inn" which was awful, although he was so good you forgot it was a turkey while he was on. He was a lot more talented than I expected, and has real presence onstage.

by Anonymousreply 159August 2, 2020 4:12 AM

It supposedly has come out that JT basically got on his knees and groveled before Les Moonves while Janet refused to do so. This supposedly made Les very angry at Janet to the point that he sought out to try to destroy her career.

by Anonymousreply 160August 2, 2020 7:31 AM

r149 Ariana & Jennette's issues were much more complex. Their show was originally Jennette's show (she had gotten a spin-off deal in her original contract, like Miranda Cosgrove, Victoria, & Jamie Lynn had gotten for their first shows). Ariana came in after Victorious was canceled because Victoria wanted to go solo (and she didn't make it). Jennette wanted to be more on the creative side of things, and Ariana wanted to focus on music. Jennette has said things got tense, but there wasn't a feud. Both of them seem to be on good terms, although probably not as it once was.

Also, Spring Break-Up was the season two finale. Dana didn't appear in season two, Victoria Justice did.

by Anonymousreply 161August 2, 2020 8:19 AM

N'Sync was always a showcase for Justin Timberlake.

by Anonymousreply 162August 2, 2020 10:20 AM

I crack up everytime I think about his twinky ass trying to go to space. WTF was that all about?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 2, 2020 10:47 AM

Hilary should have promoted Dignity and her most recent album Breathe In Breathe Out better. I remember when she dropped that new album in 2015 randomly with little to no promotion, a lot of people agreed the music was great but she didn't promo or even tour. I get she has a bunch of kids but seemed like a waste of time to create music and not try to least market it better. Hilary has had consistently good music (minus that Christmas album)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 2, 2020 11:41 AM

And who could forget Aly and AJ?! One of the best things to come out of Disney IMO. I think this is their only song to make it to radio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 2, 2020 2:32 PM

And of course the “You Oughtta Know” of Disney. The Miley/Nick Jonas/Selena love triangle was everything. Before that it was Hilary/AARON CARTER!/Lindsay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 2, 2020 2:39 PM

R139 I do remember that. Probably wasn't the first time she got Britney involved.

R141 Come Clean was also the theme song for Laguna Beach.

R151 I had Over on repeat back in the high school days.

by Anonymousreply 167August 2, 2020 2:49 PM

[quote]I forgot to add this, Janet is a much better dancer than Madonna, Britney and J Lo.

Not really a fair comparison. Madge, Brit and Hennifer introduce new choreography with each tour.

Janet has been doing the same tired ass moves from her 30+ year old videos so obviously she has it down pat now.

And for all the joking about Joey FAT ONE, I've met him quite a few times over the years and he is one of the nicest, most genuine celebs you'll ever come across. And I'd totally fuck him over Timberlake any day of the week. Timberlake and that Chris creature are beyond fug. JC is cute and Bass has grown into his looks/surgeries but BSB were always cuter and more talented. They are still making music together and still selling out shows.

O-Town is still together, too minus the blond guy. I've met them a few times as well and you could not ask for a nice group of guys who also still held onto their looks. They play smaller venues/clubs but have a dedicated fan base.

98 Degrees guys were total jerks aside from the ugly one.

by Anonymousreply 168August 2, 2020 2:57 PM

Miley may be annoying and a product of nepotism but she really can sing. Not amazing or incredible but she does have actual talent. Really she can't act though, I think Selena, Raven, Brenda Song, Ashley Tisdale and Christy Carlson Romano were all great comedic actresses though.

I wish Disney would make more dramas/comedy-dramas again like So Weird, The Jersey, In A Heartbeat and The Famous Jett Jackson. I do remember all these shows (they all were taken off the air around 2003) and managed to find episodes on YouTube. Andi Mack is the closest attempt they got to that but it didn't last as long as it could have.

by Anonymousreply 169August 2, 2020 3:10 PM

Alexz Johnson who replaced Cara Deliza in the last season of So Weird seemed to have been groomed by Disney to be a pop star. But she bailed out after not liking the direction they wanted. They also pushed Hoku and Myra too who both lasted a minute. Then a year later they found Hilary Duff. I think they really wanted to make a child-friendly Britney or J Lo (in Myra's case) clone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 2, 2020 3:18 PM

And before Victorious. Nickelodeon had a sitcom about a Hispanic girl with aspirations to be a star attending a performing arts school called Taina. It was really popular at the time and even had 3LW guest star. Christina Vidal was also fashionable, beautiful and had a nice voice. Then it got cancelled all of a sudden.

It brought in good ratings yet Nickelodeon felt it only appealed to girls which makes no sense as they had shows like Clarissa Explains It All and The Secret World of Alex Mack prior. Then they created Unfabulous, Zoey 101 and iCarly a couple years later. Then finally ripped off Taina with Victorious. A lot of people especially early to mid millennials noticed the similarities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 2, 2020 3:25 PM

Jesse McCartney also was Disney's attempt at creating their own Justin Timberlake. He was in a boy band called Dream Street which lasted 15 minutes and then he reemerged as a solo act from Disney with "Beautiful Soul" in 2004 and was on a WB teen soap called Summerland (which also starred cute Zac Efron too before he fixed his teeth). Jesse probably tired of making bubblegum songs, tried to go a more adult route and switched his sound to a dirtier R&B/hip-hop sound which obviously scared off his tween fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 2, 2020 3:33 PM

Yes, Taina!!! Loved it, she had an amazing voice. Years later she costarred with Lindsay Lohan in Freaky Friday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 2, 2020 3:43 PM

Nickelodeon also tried to push Miranda Cosgrove as a pop star— I think she may have been the first and last they pushed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174August 2, 2020 3:44 PM

R170 Hoku... now there's a name no one's spoken out loud for almost 20 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 2, 2020 3:47 PM

Hokusai is Don Ho’s daughter, right? Isn’t she a fundie opposed to civil rights for gays and lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 176August 2, 2020 3:49 PM

Yeah, I remember Miranda's attempt at a singing career. They also pushed Emma Roberts and Victoria Justice. The ones they didn't push like Jeanette, Liz and Ariana actually could sing well.

by Anonymousreply 177August 2, 2020 3:50 PM

Hoku*

by Anonymousreply 178August 2, 2020 3:50 PM

I remember Jeanette getting pissy on Twitter during iCarly’s run because they were pushing Miranda’s music and not hers. She and Miranda were (and still are) good friends so I imagine that was really awkward. I don’t think Miranda ever wanted to be a singer but iCarly was such a hit Nick had to take advantage. Miranda always seemed the nicest and most poised out of that crop of Nick and Disney kids

by Anonymousreply 179August 2, 2020 3:52 PM

R176 Yeah, I was just reading up on her Wikipedia page and your summary of her sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 180August 2, 2020 3:52 PM

Imagine being so thirsty for attention that you spill the beans in the media about how some guy you dated years ago feels about some other guy he was in a boy band with two decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 181August 2, 2020 3:53 PM

Remember watching HSM for the first time?! I was in the 4th Grade and it was all anyone could talk about. An instant hit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 2, 2020 3:56 PM

I never would have thought Emma Roberts would still be relevant. I thought she be like Jamie Lynn and end up a washed up case of nepotism gone wrong. But disproved everyone and is on American Horror Story now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183August 2, 2020 4:02 PM

Just like Disney towards Raven, China and Zendaya, Nick had little faith in their only big black female star Keke Palmer's pop career. Keke was one of the most talented of their roster before Ariana joined. Keke actually had a pop R&B album before she starred in True Jackson VP. Apparently Disney actually had her film a pilot for a sitcom but it didn't get picked up. Then she went to Nickelodeon. She is doing well, always working and still releases music.

True Jackson VP was the last really black show Nickelodeon had too, from the 90s to 2000s, Nick always outbeat Disney in the diversity department with stuff like My Brother and Me, All That, Kenan and Kel, Cousin Skeeter, Hey Arnold, Just Jordan, Taina, Brothers Garcia and True Jackson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 2, 2020 4:09 PM

Keke was also in a Disney Channel movie Jump In with Corbin Bleu and recorded this song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 2, 2020 4:12 PM

It’s kind of sad how sanitized kids shows are nowadays. Everyone lives in the perfect house with the perfect quirky parents... I loved shows like As Told By Ginger, Hey Arnold, Proud Family, Lizzie McGuire, and Kenan and Kel because you could see yourself and problems you faced in those shows. I was rewatching As Told By Ginger the other day and was struck by how relevant it was: it had episodes centered around poverty, deadbeat parents, mental health/suicide, puberty... things that would cause a stir in kids shows today. And Hey Arnold was even more progressive, with topics like immigration, emotional abuse, addiction, gentrification... I believe they even had some openly gay character in the teacher

by Anonymousreply 186August 2, 2020 4:21 PM

Christy Carlson Romano has a YouTube cooking channel where she invites former child/teen stars on and they just talk nostalgia. For millennials, it is a blast from the past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 2, 2020 4:30 PM

I am seriously pissed at that Alexa Nikolas video - I can give Titney a pass because she's mentally ill but her little no talent cunt of a sister got a show off of her sister's pussy. I'm pleased Jamie Cunt's career has tanked.

by Anonymousreply 188August 2, 2020 4:34 PM

R181: Whats even sadder is that the thread about said subject has now been hijacked by people posting about 2000s Disney singers. This thread is beyond dead.

by Anonymousreply 189August 2, 2020 4:38 PM

R188 Well, not so fast... Zoey 101 is in talks for a reboot and this seems like the rare case where everyone in the cast seems 100% for it and super excited. They’ve all been doing a lot of press with Buzzfeed and just recently they all reunited for a segment on All That. Alexa was in tears on her IG story that she was not invited.

I’d love a Drake and Josh reboot but Josh Peck clearly wants nothing to do with those people. And I don’t know what’s going on with Lizzie McGuire reboot. I know it was cancelled but sounds like Hilary wants it shopped around other networks so it can be a more adult show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 2, 2020 4:38 PM

[quote] kind of sad how sanitized kids shows are nowadays. Everyone lives in the perfect house with the perfect quirky parents...

R186 so true.

By the end of its run DRAKE & JOSH basically became a show about the capers of two teen boys navigating their incestuous-by-marriage relationship in a world full of sociopaths & retards. It seemed weird back then, and would never air today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 2, 2020 4:38 PM

R186 Yep. As Told By Ginger, The Proud Family and Hey Arnold all were progressive for the time.

I remember Mr. Simmons, the gay teacher, he was an intelligent, kind and well-adjusted adult figure too and had a loving partner who made cameo appearances throughout the show. The creator Craig Bartlett confirmed this in interviews.

Also, The Proud Family episode where Penny has to do a cultural exchange with a local Muslim family is deep. The episode climax showed their house being the target of xenophobic/Islamophpbic vandalism. Penny makes a speech at the end about how important it is learning about different cultures and being tolerant.

Also there was another episode where the Prouds go to a family reunion and shows the class division in the African-American communities. Oscar's "ghetto" family fighting with Trudy's "bougie" family.

by Anonymousreply 192August 2, 2020 4:40 PM

I remember when Disney used to air Canadian shows like Naturally Sadie and Life with Derek. I think the standards are different in Canada because Life with Derek would have the boys talking about breast sizes and Naturally Sadie would use the word “crap.”

by Anonymousreply 193August 2, 2020 4:42 PM

What’s so hilarious about the tangential Disney discussion this is has devolved into, is that Lance was notably the only member of *NSYNC with no prior entertainment company affiliation (JT & Justine were Disney kids; Joey & Chris were Universal) and this meant he was even more left out. As if the sexuality issue and the personality problem wasn’t enough of an impediment.

by Anonymousreply 194August 2, 2020 4:45 PM

R193 Life With Derek had that borderline incestuous sexual tension too between Casey and Derek. They were stepsiblings and in the show, moved in together in their late teens. It's clear that the actors portraying them were attracted to each other and the maybe the writers went with that. I thought Michael Seater who played Derek was hot af and he still is as shown on his IG account

by Anonymousreply 195August 2, 2020 4:46 PM

But Hoku had her own Disney concert (despite any discernible talent)!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 2, 2020 4:46 PM

[quote] Cedric continued, saying that "Justin kept coming up more than other members" and that he didn't even know the names of the other members of the group.

That’s how you know this is clickbaiting, horseshit self-promotion.

Lance is very close with Joey Fatone, and has been since they met. Lance is even the godfather of Joey’s daughters. Any partner of Lance’s would naturally wind up getting to know Joey well by extension.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 2, 2020 5:01 PM

Joey is cute. I love Lance's Southern accent, very smooth and soothing.

by Anonymousreply 198August 2, 2020 5:09 PM

R196 With 98 Degrees. God, how much second-hand embarrassment can one take? Did they exist only to make BSB and NSYNC look less lame?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 2, 2020 5:11 PM

I remember when Jessica Simpson tried to be the next Britney Spears but lacked the charisma and performance skills. She can sing though she is over-the-top. Her queeny father was a wannabe Joe Jackson/Mathew Knowles but he failed to find a niche for Jessica to excel in. Ironically, her little sister Ashlee was a much bigger pop star than Jessica ever was until the SNL scandal.

Jessica got actual famous from her high profile marriage to Nick Lachey from 98 Degrees and they had that stupid but entertaining reality show on MTV that made Jessica iconic because she was hilariously stupid and spoiled beyond human comprehension. Her early songs like "I'm In Love With You" and "I Wanna Love You Forever" were decent but schmaltzy Mariah clone songs. The only actual good song I feel she had was "Public Affair" and that may have been due to the heavy 70s sampling and memorable video with Christian Applegate, Eva Longoria and Christina Milian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 2, 2020 5:22 PM

*Christina Applegate

by Anonymousreply 201August 2, 2020 5:24 PM

[quote] for all the joking about Joey FAT ONE, I've met him quite a few times over the years and he is one of the nicest, most genuine celebs you'll ever come across. And I'd totally fuck him over Timberlake any day of the week.

Joey is really sexy, in a husky cuddly bearish way. Even at his chubbiest he always had a handsome pleasant face, an affectionate outgoing funny demeanour, and if reports are to be believed a girthy dick with good stroke game (he’s Italian, what do you want). In *NSYNC lives he was always the guy pumping up the crowd and engaging spontaneously with fans. He was arguably the best dancer behind JC, too.

And he knew what he was doing, joining a massively boyband alongside a weird gremlin pushing thirty, two fey closet-cases, and an evil bratty little manboy with low testosterone. It’s heavily suggested many a time by people who were there that Fatone crushed more pussy than any of the other contemporary boybanders combined.

by Anonymousreply 202August 2, 2020 5:24 PM

Wow I blocked that one person talking to themselves about all the 2000s Disney channel stars and so many of the replies to this thread went away!

by Anonymousreply 203August 2, 2020 5:56 PM

R190 Zoey 101's reboot and not inviting Alexa back is just like that Saved by the Bell reboot and then not inviting Lark back. Yes, I know Lark has mental issues but they could have wrote around that and gave her cameos because Lisa Turtle was way more iconic than Kelly and Jessie. As with Fuller House, the Olsen twins were so young on that actual show that they could have just casted someone as Michelle and it would not have changed.

by Anonymousreply 204August 2, 2020 5:59 PM

R190 Zoey 101's reboot and not inviting Alexa back is just like that Saved by the Bell reboot and then not inviting Lark back. Yes, I know Lark has mental issues but they could have wrote around that and gave her cameos because Lisa Turtle was way more iconic than Kelly and Jessie. As with Fuller House, the Olsen twins were so young on that actual show that they could have just casted someone as Michelle and it would not have changed.

by Anonymousreply 205August 2, 2020 5:59 PM

When Jessica and Nick had the reality show there was a scene of them filming a sexy scene in a music video in bed together. I thought that it was creepy that Joe Simpson was staring at his daughter like that-as if he wanted to mount her.

Now I realize that he very well have been looking at Nick’s butt.

OT, what is Lance Bass’s net worth? Does he have enough money to where he can just loaf around?

by Anonymousreply 206August 2, 2020 6:03 PM

Who knew DL fave Oscar-winning supercûnt Brie Larson attempted a pop career?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207August 2, 2020 6:05 PM

Cedric is a snake. He’s as bad as Brandi Glanville.

by Anonymousreply 208August 2, 2020 6:08 PM

I think it's normal to be bitter at the Beyounce of the group leaving to go solo, it's also to be expected so it should have come as no surprise. I think the bitterness lasts because JT doesn't want to have anything to do with NYSNC and treats it like a movie star would treat an old tv show they were in. Personally i think JT would be wise to do a reunion tour because his star is fading and he could use the attention. Also he looks like a caveman these days so yea

by Anonymousreply 209August 2, 2020 6:26 PM

So which one of the N Sync guys is the Flo of the group?

by Anonymousreply 210August 2, 2020 6:39 PM

R94 ON THE LINE was So Bad, It’s Good. Joey was hilarious in it, even though his part was secondary supporting at best. Of course Lance was not believable as a straight man obsessed with Emmanuelle Chiriqui, but hey, he gave it a charming attempt and plenty of little girls bought it anyhow (were there many dedicated Lance Girls? In gradeschool I was a JC Girl and my sister a Joey Girl, and we made fun of Justin Girls...).

LONGSHOT was the better movie featuring *NSYNC acting. The boys only had short once scene roles - as funny inept workers in a busy mall Pizzeria - but even with limited screentime they stole the show. JC & Joey in particular are actually quite capable comedic actors when given a chance. The movie itself was some awful boring teenybopper dreck with forgettable Disney Channel reject leads, made by Lou Pearlman’s production company as a way to launder some extra money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211August 2, 2020 7:30 PM

I wonder how Timberlake got Jessica Biel to stay with him for so long. JT has also been rumored to be a major pussyhound and serial cheator too. He recently got caught getting all touchy with a female costar.

I can understand early on when Jessica's career was dwindling after leaving 7th Heaven and her wanting to get into the public eye again by marrying one of the biggest pop acts. But he's become washed up and people are tired of him honestly. They have a kid together, so maybe that's why.

by Anonymousreply 212August 2, 2020 7:43 PM

Jessica also dated Adam LaVorgna and Chris Evans who both are a million times hotter than Timberlake could ever be.

by Anonymousreply 213August 2, 2020 7:48 PM

Conventionally, there's a picture of both Adam and Chris, they both aged better than JT and are friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214August 2, 2020 7:53 PM

"One The Line" by Lance, Joey and The On The Line All-Stars (including Mandy Moore) is on the February 2002 GapKids In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 2, 2020 7:58 PM

R215 I'll give Mandy Moore props for realizing early on that music wasn't going to work for her and managing to gain a successful acting career instead. She did release new music but like Hilary, it's more a hobby for her nowadays and acting is where she is prospering.

by Anonymousreply 216August 2, 2020 8:11 PM

R206: Not OT at all, it's actually getting this thread back on track from the Disney terrorist hijackers. I gotta believe when he had that SiriusXM radio show he was making damn good money. And I think he has invested well, so Lance is fine and sends his love. I think JT is also fine but that's not enough, he wants to be a STAH!!! Therefore, he refuses to send his love and keeps trying to be relevant. But the public is just not that into Justin....

R205: Lisa Turtle more iconic than Kelly "Camp Queen" Kopowski and Jessie "I'm So Excited" Spano? Whatever you say, Jan.....

by Anonymousreply 217August 2, 2020 8:11 PM

I was a teenager for the Britney/NSYNC/BSB/Christina moment. It was a fun time for pop music.

Joey was always the finest to me. BDF for days.

His brother, who always seemed to be around, was cute, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 2, 2020 9:13 PM

Can we now get back to Lance Bass and naked Justin?

by Anonymousreply 219August 2, 2020 9:19 PM

R212 Realistically, what else did Jessica Biel have going for her at the time? Or now, for that matter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 2, 2020 9:27 PM

Even if Lance felt he got the short end of the stick with just being backup in a major boy band and JT being the breakout star. Would he have rather stayed in his conservative hometown in Mississippi which would have been even more challenging for being a young gay man in the 90s/2000s? Everyone seemed to have worked out well for him beautifully and I'm sure he is grateful for being in NSYNC and getting out of the trap that small towns can be.

by Anonymousreply 221August 2, 2020 9:28 PM

Also there are videos of JT on YT claiming to be from Memphis and some commenters pointed out that he lied about it and actually grew up in a wealth and very white suburb of Millington. Repping Memphis was just his way of sounding more interesting and possible way of justifying his use of black music and culture.

by Anonymousreply 222August 2, 2020 9:34 PM

R218: Go to my R3 post and about 2 minutes in, JC says Steve Fatone worked the cameras on the tours so he rolled with them. JC also points out all the boy's bunks.

R221: I'm sure Lance is eternally grateful for NSYNC, the friendships he has with all the other boys, the money and the ability to not live in Mississ suck me, where it is still hell to be a gay boy, I'm sure. It's just that Justin jilted him (maybe) and the two don't get along that well....

R219: We could all speculate that they got naked in each others bunks, though Justin was on top so maybe it was easier for Justin to do a nude scurry into Lance's bunk which was one down and forward, based on the JC drunk n' high bus tour. I think Lance would be a little hard pressed to have to go forward and up into Justin's bunk and not be heard or seen, if they were keeping it on the downlow.....

by Anonymousreply 223August 2, 2020 9:59 PM

OK SINCE YOU ALL ASKED time to talk about the relevant popslash fic of yore.

It’s called ‘flesh mechanjc’ by a fanficcer named lise, and it concerns a reality where everything is the same as we know it and *NSYNC still exist...only Justin is insane, starts a cult, and murders people (implied to include Chris) leaving Lance to investigate and pick up the pieces. It sounds nuts, but I actually do recommend giving it a read if only for glimpse at recent pop-cultural history bizarro.

Remarkably it’s still archived online and available to read in full. It was Internet cult-famous for a second back in 2002-3, probably because it was so creepy and so unusually formatted by fan fiction standards (document-style). It isn’t terribly written either, and the suspense is a nice twist.

The same author also wrote several other creative, in-character and fun *NSYNC stories, my favourite of which being the one where JC literally learns the art of Voudun when the band go to Louisiana to practise and prepare for their NSA tour.

FYI the *NSYNC online fan community is credited as being the first mainstream ‘non-geek’ (i.e., non-sci-fi/fantasy, non-tech-related, non male-dominated) movement to make extensive use of webrings and fanfic archives to share fanworks and resources P2P.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 2, 2020 9:59 PM

^should read *’flesh mechanIC’. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 225August 2, 2020 10:02 PM

Lance Bass IS Mary Wilson of the Supremes in this scenario. He keeps his ‘career’ alive by attaching himself to his past successes, maintaining friendships with a few semi-famous friends and showing up to the opening of a supermarket if asked to. Timberlake is the Diana for this comparison only, their careers are not similar, except that they both went solo. I can’t name the other members in N’Stink if my life depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 226August 2, 2020 10:21 PM

R226 Oh please, JC is the Mary Wilson!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 227August 2, 2020 10:25 PM

R94 ok but there is no ‘00s American teen popstar movie more cringeworthy, more ridiculous, and featuring more painfully-forced heterosexuality than Aaron Carter’s vehicle POPSTAR (2005).

This movie will change you - not for the better, but it will change you. I can’t believe it was ever put to film by any company let alone New Line Cinema; Lou must have called in a favor. POPSTAR is such cheap offensive brain-dead kiddie trash, it makes ON THE LINE look like LOST IN TRANSLATION.

Pros? Aaron’s dancing alone is gay enough to power your laptop battery. You will see retro Y2K fashion & tech at its finest. And, uh, Leif Garrett is in it...?

I can barely even stand to tell you how egregiously it ends, but here goes - obviously-gay teen twink Aaron choking and gagging on the tongue of some plain Jane (that is her actual name) - who is stalking him -after she tells him he is the subject of her fan-fiction and she wants to go steady with him 5ever because he passed Calculus A. Really, that’s the legit plot, broken up with mini live music videos.

“Oh, Aaron”, indeed. At least we can say he was better a performer than his brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228August 2, 2020 10:40 PM

Tbt Aaron appearing on Lance’s Sirius show:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229August 2, 2020 10:42 PM

R228 I remember seeing an ad for Popstar in a 2005 Nickelodeon Magazine issue and my reaction was "Aaron Carter is still around and also he looks so much like Jesse McCartney now"

by Anonymousreply 230August 2, 2020 10:44 PM

r131 Justin Bieber still tops the charts at a drop of the hat and is respected by his Gen-Z peers. I too was shocked but they still love him, especially now that he's mellowed out. He's had a hit every year since he dropped his sugar pop haircut.

by Anonymousreply 231August 2, 2020 11:02 PM

Lol Cedric is a grifter who will say anything about the only two famous people he knows to stay in the press.

by Anonymousreply 232August 2, 2020 11:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 2, 2020 11:11 PM

r148, I remember watching, well fast-forwarding, through a Hillary Duff concert on Youtube, I haven't seen worse "dance" moves since a Jessica Simpson concert. To top it off, it was ALL terribly lipsynced. I know I'm not a teenage girl, but I saw no reason to pay for such a monstrosity. I struggled while watching it for free. Plus, Duff's man shoulders and short neck always annoyed me. She can't help it but it simply annoyed me. Perhaps her figure was endearing to the common girl.

Her career should have ended after her first concert. Lohan's died when she missed her mark on GMA while lipsyncing. At least Hillary had a few good years with that hockey-playing furniture heir in Canada. Though he dropped her like a bad habit and she came crawling back to Hollywood for one last shot at a record deal and acting. I think he was physically abusive but I could be mistaking him for Carrie Underwood's husband. Either way, if you date a hockey player just be prepared for physical abuse. It's not guaranteed but those men seem like the type. Same for boxers, MMA fighters, and anyone that Hayden Panettiere has fucked.

by Anonymousreply 234August 2, 2020 11:16 PM

r164 usually means that the label wasn't willing to put up the money. Ciera had the same issue for a couple of years, much to Rihanna's amusement. The music scene has changed since Duff's been on the scene. Margins are smaller and without the Mouse greasing the wheels, Duff was lost.

by Anonymousreply 235August 2, 2020 11:21 PM

Arianna got lucky because right before her terrorism sympathy tour, which was a masterstroke in reactive PR, her competitors were all in rehab or settling down to marry a Hemsworth. Gomez and Demi away for drugs, and Miley away to ride some sexy Thor adjacent dick in Australia.

Arianna has had about 2-3 years with the young female pop stage all to herself. I've never seen such a drought in pop princesses. Dua is the only real competition but their game is so different that it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 236August 2, 2020 11:25 PM

r212 she was a TV actress that barely made it into movies and saw a long career of financially struggling solo as an actress or marry JT and enjoy his millions. She needed him at the time, not the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 237August 2, 2020 11:34 PM

R233 Aaron would have aged better than Jesse McCartney (who aged like milk tbh) had he not gotten those tattoos, ate and slept properly, took care of his health and stayed away from drugs. Even for a drug addict, his skin and hair is surprisingly clear and intact. But Aaron is an attention-seeking narcissist and severely mentally ill due to being abused and exploited by everyone around him.

by Anonymousreply 238August 3, 2020 2:11 AM

r236 Grande was a nickelodeon star and her grandfather is a billionaire - money buys the best writers and producers.

by Anonymousreply 239August 3, 2020 3:01 AM

and before you ask even a billionaire knows when no amount of money can help - that is why there is a Frankie Grande

by Anonymousreply 240August 3, 2020 3:02 AM

Boybands are a male example of the Cheerleader effect from How I Met Your Mother:

[quote]The “Cheerleader effect” — also known as The Bridesmaid Paradox, Sorority Girl Syndrome, and, for a brief window in the mid-90s, The Spice Girls Conspiracy — is a theory put forth by How I Met Your Mother’s Barney Stinson positing that women in groups look more attractive than when they are pulled out an examined individually.

by Anonymousreply 241August 3, 2020 3:09 AM

JC could've maybe had a successful solo career if he didn't wasn't his entire album trying to convince the world how much he liked pussy. I saw a recently picture of him and was shocked at how chubby he got.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 3, 2020 7:40 AM

Why jeez, he could be mistaken for... gasp... a middle aged man!

by Anonymousreply 243August 3, 2020 8:29 AM

It surprises me that anyone would care what Lance or Justin think about.

by Anonymousreply 244August 3, 2020 8:45 AM

I'm bitter about Justin Timberfake's success and I don't even know the little prick.

by Anonymousreply 245August 3, 2020 8:45 AM

Who wouldn't be? I hope he got some satisfaction with the debacle that was JT 's Super Bowl performance. He really should've reunited with N'SYNC. That probably would've saved it, but noooo. Anyway, it looks like the Timberlake fever winding down.

by Anonymousreply 246August 3, 2020 9:46 AM

TROLLS.

That’s all I have to say.

by Anonymousreply 247August 3, 2020 10:09 AM

Honestly why would lance be bitter about anything? He seems acutely aware of his talent level. Everyone in that group knew who the singers were.. Lance and Chris were lucky to be in the group.

by Anonymousreply 248August 3, 2020 12:43 PM

[Quote] I wonder how Timberlake got Jessica Biel to stay with him for so long. JT has also been rumored to be a major pussyhound and serial cheator too. He recently got caught getting all touchy with a female costar.

Well Jessica is rumoured to be bi. And she wanted to get with Justin when he was with Britney. Apparently Cameron Diaz yelled at her while she was on a date with him at some club.

[Quote] Jessica also dated Adam LaVorgna and Chris Evans who both are a million times hotter than Timberlake could ever be.

And Lance played Adam's brother on 7th Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 249August 3, 2020 12:43 PM

R249 Haven't watched that show in forever but that is some strange casting. Lance must have been his adopted brother.

Wow, Jessica really is pathetic and I guess she even realized that marrying JT couldn't even save her own career but she loves his money. I always thought her character Mary seemed like a lesbian which would have been an interesting plot had they wrote one of the kids to be gay and the conflict it would create being in a preacher's family.

by Anonymousreply 250August 3, 2020 12:57 PM

I wonder if Jessica tried to hook up with JTT too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251August 3, 2020 1:10 PM

[Quote] Haven't watched that show in forever but that is some strange casting. Lance must have been his adopted brother.

I don't think so, but it's been a while since I last saw it. I think this is after Lucy gets with Robbie and so decides that his brother would be the next best thing lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 3, 2020 1:42 PM

Chris is turning 50 next year. I never realized he's a decade older than JT.

by Anonymousreply 253August 3, 2020 1:48 PM

R252 Wholesome entertainment lol

by Anonymousreply 254August 3, 2020 2:17 PM

R254 in some ways it was. But then bts you had Stephen Collins being a fucking creep. And I think he slammed Jessica after she did that nude photoshoot. Can't really blame her for wanting to leave.

by Anonymousreply 255August 3, 2020 2:29 PM

Only came in to say that the POPODYSSEY 2001 Tour videos really hold up on rewatch.

Popstar these days - yes, even the sainted untouchable protected K-poppers - are practically lazy compared to the naughties bands, who put creative explosive choreo and crazy concepts of their own into every song whether it charted or not.

Lance was always said to be the worst and slowest dancer as well as the lazier less productive member of the group, but back then you wouldn’t know it to watch him bust his ass keeping up with the others onstage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 3, 2020 2:29 PM

R242 JC has a horrible dye job there.

by Anonymousreply 257August 3, 2020 2:51 PM

I find the disaster of JC's solo career to be hilarious and slightly depressing. WHO thought this was a good idea?!?

I get that he's going for the whole "pop punk" look from the era, but... really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258August 3, 2020 2:58 PM

Blowin' Me Up (With Her Love) was MARGINALLY better, but not great. Was someone sabotaging him? Seriously, why did he flop SO HARD?

I apologize in advance for the Take That reference, but you would have at least expected him to have a career on the level of Gary Barlow to Justin Timberlake's Robbie Williams, the fact his career wasn't marginally successful is telling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 3, 2020 3:01 PM

R255 The wholesome comment was sarcasm. Regardless of Stephen Collins being an admitted pedo which was absolutely disgusting. The whole show was this preachy, saccharine fantasy world where everyone was white, straight, Protestant and the worst crimes imaginable was premarital sex, underage drinking and marijuana use and marrying outside your faith (including Catholicism). I found that one scene where Matt gets caught with weed and the family acts like he killed someone to be hilarious. It preached tolerance but the family was typical judgmental Evangelicals who passively aggressively pushed their views on others. The way they treated Jessica Biel after that sexy photoshoot was ridiculous, and I believe the writers turned Mary from this strong and intelligent girl to an airhead who always got in trouble just to spite Jessica who eventually left the show. Not different from how Cosby treated Lisa Bonet after she did a nude scene in a movie. Both Collins and Cosby were hypocrites.

From what I recall also, the show never even addressed abortion, transgender or homosexuality which were divisive topics in the Christian community at that time. Simon losing his virginity was made out to the this super big deal too. Also, I felt all the female characters, Mary, Lucy and Ruthie (once she hit her teens) were oddly sexualized. That scene with teen Ruthie doing that suggestive dance and the camera is gazing at her and her father walks in was so creepy.

It was hilariously bad though. And there were a lot of hot guys on that show tho like Barry Watson, David Gallagher (when he grew up), Adam LaVorgna, Tyler Hoechlin and George Stults for days. So it had that going for it.

The infamous creepy Ruthie dance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 3, 2020 3:43 PM

Also, now that I think about it maybe Lance and Adam being brothers in 7th Heaven makes sense. Since Ruthie's actress always looked part black or Hispanic to me. Maybe they adopted Ruthie lol.

by Anonymousreply 261August 3, 2020 3:58 PM

[Quote] The wholesome comment was sarcasm.

That wasn't lost on me 😄

[Quote] and I believe the writers turned Mary from this strong and intelligent girl to an airhead who always got in trouble just to spite Jessica who eventually left the show.

They had Mary go through a bad girl phase. But she still guest starred all the way up until season 10. And they would consistently mention Mary rather than pretend she didn't exist (which lots of shows do).

[Quote] That scene with teen Ruthie doing that suggestive dance and the camera is gazing at her and her father walks in was so creepy.

This was the same show that was going to have Matt and Mary kiss in the pilot.

[Quote] And there were a lot of hot guys on that show tho like Barry Watson, David Gallagher (when he grew up), Adam LaVorgna, Tyler Hoechlin and George Stults for days. So it had that going for it.

Tyler had a major glow up. I didn't even recognize him on Teen Wolf. And he's friends with Colton who was part of Camp Podwall for a while. I think his ex Brittany Snow also bearded for Lance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262August 3, 2020 4:13 PM

I would be awesome to see Tyler, JC and Colton in a threesome

by Anonymousreply 263August 3, 2020 4:49 PM

Maybe Colton and JC have hooked up?? I know he's a big Nsync fan. Tyler only has threesomes with the ladies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 3, 2020 5:03 PM

Maybe JC was one of his many sugar daddies

by Anonymousreply 265August 3, 2020 5:07 PM

The break in the middle of "Blowin' Me Up (With HER Love)" was much more famous as the theme for the TLC show, 'Clean Sweep.'

Yes, the ridiculousness of those rabid heterosexual songs on JC's albums made him look pathetic. NO ONE bought it, the CDs OR JC's fake heterosexuality.

Really pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 3, 2020 5:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 3, 2020 5:37 PM

R266 I don't even care about his aggressive attempt to appear straight. Couldn't he have chosen ANYTHING less awful?! Shit. Was this IT? Someone in the industry must have been sabotaging him if this is what he was offered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268August 3, 2020 5:45 PM

It really goes to show how much power labels, execs and producers have over a career. JC's solo debut was beyond ridiculous, the music itself wasn't bad but the stupid lyrics, wardrobe choices, music videos and weird singles ruined any chance he had to be taken seriously.

I imagine had JC released a normal R&B/blue-eyed soul album he probably would have been fine. Maybe he would have had Robin Thicke's career.

by Anonymousreply 269August 3, 2020 6:00 PM

R268, JC should have lip-synched!!!!!

Yes, that's the 'Clean Sweep' music. I guess the writers of the music sold it to TLC after JC's album flopped hard.

Ugh, the fake heterosexuality!

by Anonymousreply 270August 3, 2020 6:05 PM

Again, that video at R268: did JC always dance so gay? He's acting like one of those girls! Like he's Britney or Christina!

BLOWIN' ME UP WITH HIS COCK JUICE!

by Anonymousreply 271August 3, 2020 6:06 PM

R269 Imagine thinking this album cover would age well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272August 3, 2020 6:11 PM

And his horrible Hot Lesbian Action song trying to cement his super-straight image...

JC: "I love girl-on-girl action, just like straight guys - I mean, just like all the other straight guys like me!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273August 3, 2020 6:15 PM

R273 I can’t listen to that one, and I am actually a lesbian. I always skip over it on record, and if it comes on radio I’ll just hum and pretend he has a sisterly liking for my tribe.

[quote] NO ONE bought it, the CDs OR JC's fake heterosexuality.

R272 well, in my secret shame I was the one who actually bought SCHIZOPHRENIC on CD when it came out, and still own my copy to this day. I don’t really bump it anymore, but honestly the ballad cuts are still all over my Spotify playlists now.

His voice is so beautiful singing ‘Dear Goodbye’ live; as if it’s heaven-sent (Mary! me, but it’s true). People lament the loss of career for lovely naturally-gifted singers like Zayn, but JC having no gigs and no new music since this album is a literal crime against humanity. I remember reading a quote from Tony Lucca once, where he said that whenever JC would sing everyone in hearing distance would just instantly stop what they were doing and fall silent in mesmerised awe - I believe it.

[quote] the ridiculousness of those rabid heterosexual songs on JC's albums made him look pathetic.

While I did purchase and enjoy his solo effort, it is undeniable that he overshot his mark (or, he was instructed to) and it made him look a total fool. It’s such a pity he didn’t come along ten or fifteen years later, then his sexuality (whatever it is) would not have been a problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274August 3, 2020 6:20 PM

R273 I've never heard that song before (wonder why) and it's ATROCIOUS. I really want answers regarding the disaster of his solo career. Again, this is the BEST he was offered?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275August 3, 2020 6:21 PM

There's no way JC could have thought his solo album could do moderately well, was there?

He thought he could be successful after seeing what Justin was doing with his solo music? I'm no fan of Justin, but... JC should have known his career was DOA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276August 3, 2020 6:25 PM

Great responses, R274!

JD **HAD** to be involved in the song choices, and most especially in his image back then. Of course, the record execs had ideas about how JC was to be presented to the public. Did the exact say, "You MUST create this pussyhound image! OR ELSE!"

Even Lance in 'On The Line' plays his character's heterosexuality very tongue-in-cheek. Yes, Lance bearded and lied and denied, but he didn't seem as desperate as JC trying to hide the obvious truth.

by Anonymousreply 277August 3, 2020 6:28 PM

Uncle Tom Ellen trying to drive home the absurd notion of JC being straight:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 3, 2020 6:30 PM

A couple of posters on this thread (about Lance Bass and his ex-boyfriend, let us recall) are overinvested in downcrying JC. Half the posts are about how much he has failed and flopped and can never come back.....🤔🤔

If the trolls want to shit on the man, they should make their own negative thread. This one is for making fun of Lance’s grifter ex, and for fond reminiscine about *NSYNC.

by Anonymousreply 279August 3, 2020 6:30 PM

R279 Are we reading the same thread? Half the posts are about Disney stars from the mid-00s. At least the JC discussion is adjacent to Lance Bass.

by Anonymousreply 280August 3, 2020 6:32 PM

R168 Not a Stan but know them personally not professionally. 98 aren't jerks. One works for the homeless and another is a local environmentalist. And they aren't Trumpsters.

by Anonymousreply 281August 3, 2020 6:33 PM

No one even knows who LAnce's ex is, and everything that needed to be said about the "bitterness" was covered in the first 50 posts.

I don't see an added tag line that this thread is also "for fond reminiscine about *NSYNC."

Go start a new thread for " fond reminiscine about *NSYNC."

by Anonymousreply 282August 3, 2020 6:33 PM

If JT was a decent person, he would have had a 20 year reunion NYSYNC tour. It would have been a huge success.

by Anonymousreply 283August 3, 2020 6:35 PM

I think people like JC realize that being famous sucks. After they acheive it they don't really want it and thats why his career fizzled. Ricky Martin came out 10 years ago and I don't think it affected his career, though his popularity has waned in the US (just because that's what happens over time), but in the Latin market he's still huge.

by Anonymousreply 284August 3, 2020 6:36 PM

Nick Lachey in 2006.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 3, 2020 6:39 PM

R284 good point.

JC has a very gentle, introverted, sensitive and down-to-earth honest personality that isn’t suited to showbiz (unlike Justin’s attention-seeking, sarcastic and hammy demeanour). On AMERICA’S BEST DANCE CREW, JC would often mention that he preferred producing music and training singers & dancers to performing himself. He’s probably an excellent mentor.

And really, it’s refreshing that he’s mature enough to let go of celebrity and leave the past where it lays.

by Anonymousreply 286August 3, 2020 6:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287August 3, 2020 6:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288August 3, 2020 6:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289August 3, 2020 6:40 PM

All this talk of Lance hating Justin is difficult to reconcile with the fact they did a very amicable two-hour sit down talk together only four months ago, and discussed among other things how important they were in each other’s lives and the affection still there in their brotherhood bond. So.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 3, 2020 6:42 PM

^^DAMAGE CONTROL after JT's flop gay woodsman album.

by Anonymousreply 291August 3, 2020 6:46 PM

It says a lot about Lance Bass that people would rather discuss the following: JT being a piece of shit, JC's flop solo career, mid-2000s Disney stars, etc. BEFORE talking about Lance.

by Anonymousreply 292August 3, 2020 6:48 PM

It's natural to be angry that Justin broke up the band. But that was TWENTY years ago. I doubt he is still bitter.

His ex is that Pool Boy grifter from the RHBH season 1 that lived in LVP's guest house. He must be hunting for a new sugar daddy, which is why he's trying to make himself relevant again.

He's hot as fuck, but hide your wallet!!!!

by Anonymousreply 293August 3, 2020 6:57 PM

Lance and Justin are clearly not friends. When Lance interviewed Justin for his podcast earlier this year, Justin had NO idea that Lance has been trying to have kids for years now. Lance has been talking to the media and anyone who will listen about wanting children, so it speaks volumes that Justin was clueless about that matter.

by Anonymousreply 294August 3, 2020 7:44 PM

R292: Lance is cute and nice and a good person who, frankly, is a good gay role model. What's there to say? That's why we (and especially I) speculate about a possible semi-sexual relationship between Justin and Lance.

R294: Lance should have said something to effect of "You sure listened to me moan when we were in my bunk on the bus all these years ago...."

It's fun to speculate.

by Anonymousreply 295August 3, 2020 7:49 PM

Cute and convenient as it may be, this proposed on-off Lamblove affair idea seems a little farfetched given that back in the touring days 90% of the time Lance eats riding with Joey & Steve & their ridiculous menagerie of pets on a separate bus from Chris, JC & Justin.

More than likely, poor Lance was trapped alone in his bunk having to listen either to Joey fingerbang a steady stream of female groupies night after night or to dogs howling and snakes hissing. This would match with the timeline he gives in media for his sexual coming-to-terms - he didn’t even accept that he was gay or lose his homo cherry until his early 20s, when the band was winding down.

by Anonymousreply 296August 3, 2020 8:18 PM

Everyone else in NSYNC but JT seem like sweet and nice people. Just like how everyone in BSB but Brian (the racist ass Trump supporter) seem like good guys.

by Anonymousreply 297August 3, 2020 8:39 PM

R297: I don't know. Nick Carter is a good guy? She has a temper that might say otherwise....

by Anonymousreply 298August 3, 2020 9:22 PM

^^wasn’t it he who almost choked out and battered his little brother on television?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299August 3, 2020 9:24 PM

R298 You just reminded me of that reality show he had with his family. You're right he had anger issues but he seems to have mellowed after having a family and cutting off toxic Aaron and his mother

by Anonymousreply 300August 3, 2020 9:25 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing Lance nekkid either. He has managed to pay teh rent by being on every celebrity reality show...next up probably "The Masked Singer".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301August 3, 2020 9:26 PM

Not justifying violence but having Aaron as a little brother would make anyone lose their temper. He is loud, obnoxious, a pathological liar, a drug addict and picks fights. Of course Nick probably was a bully towards him and was a drug addict/drunk himself but he was the only one supporting that family since their parents were deadbeats that stole their money.

by Anonymousreply 302August 3, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote] ^^wasn’t it he who almost choked out and battered his little brother on television?

Hi Aaron @r299!

by Anonymousreply 303August 3, 2020 9:44 PM

If ANY members of the group fucked around, it was certainly JC and Justin. Not Lance and Justin. Are we forgetting that Lance looked like Ellen for a good 5 years?

by Anonymousreply 304August 3, 2020 11:19 PM

Lance's nose job always seemed unnecessary to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305August 3, 2020 11:24 PM

R304: Or maybe....Justin was nude jumping back and forth between Lance and JC's bunks. Maybe THAT's what pissed Lance off......

by Anonymousreply 306August 3, 2020 11:41 PM

Nick and Aaron Carter are florida trailer park royalty. Their bad behavior never surprizes me. They're both going to end up back in that trailer park. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 307August 3, 2020 11:43 PM

I think Nick is doing well since he cut off most of his family and makes tons of money from touring with BSB. He was the oldest and away from home the most so while still Florida trashy (he dated the future pedo teacher Debra Lafaeve and hot n trashy Willa Ford, both Florida locals), he didn't get as fucked up as his siblings due to escaping from their evil parents early but he chose to come back and stay with the family out of moral obligations. He seems in a better place now well for now.

by Anonymousreply 308August 3, 2020 11:49 PM

Nick is insanely wealthy.

Aaron is dirt poor and on meth.

by Anonymousreply 309August 3, 2020 11:49 PM

Aaron was a lost cause. Got exploited his parents and handed off too Pearlman when was only 8 or 9. Touring the world with a pedo and probably was abused in the most terrible ways. He was set up to fail by his parents.

While Nick was at least old enough when he started touring and becoming famous to understand at least the circumstances of the predatory nature of Pearlman and apparently did tell his mother who told him to shut up and suck it up.

Also, their parents tried to force their sisters into showbusiness too. I think the father raped their late sister Leslie their sister as on their reality she was extremely scared to be around him when he came to visit.

by Anonymousreply 310August 3, 2020 11:58 PM

When they were still a group, Justin always seemed pretty enamored with JC, like he was always seeking his approval or something.

by Anonymousreply 311August 4, 2020 12:03 AM

R310 Lest we forget Leslie Carter's song from one of the Shrek soundtracks!!!

House of Carters was such a disastrous reality show, one of the worst of that entire era. The Carters are so toxic, I'm legitimately surprised ANY of them thought it was wise to air their dirty laundry on tv like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312August 4, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote]Aaron was a lost cause. Got exploited his parents and handed off too Pearlman when was only 8 or 9. Touring the world with a pedo and probably was abused in the most terrible ways. He was set up to fail by his parents

If Aaron was raped by Pearlman I would think he would say so because he could sell that story for years a'la Corey Feldman. But he's only said his sister raped him and recently on a live he said his former manager Lori something or other was inappropriate with him.

by Anonymousreply 313August 4, 2020 12:17 AM

JC singing with another former boybander Gary Barlow of Take That. JC still sounds good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314August 4, 2020 12:25 AM

R311 JC was probably the one that NSYNC was originally set up around before JT became a breakout star. JC was pretty popular on The Mickey Mouse Club as a teen heartthrob that could sing. He was a couple years older than JT, so maybe JT saw him as the cool big more talented brother he wanted to impress.

by Anonymousreply 315August 4, 2020 12:41 AM

R313 The Carters are soooo fucking weird, so dark. I would kill to read a book about this fucked up family (I know, I know).

Jane was such an awful stage-mother, "I sacrificed my life!!!" Girl...

No wonder why JT's mother was constantly around the group all the time. At least she had the sense to be a "good" stage-mother.

Is the Lou Pearlman doc that came out last year (or the year before?) any good?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316August 4, 2020 12:54 AM

I saw Aaron on the No Jumper Podcast and he was having a complete BI-POLAR MANIC EPISODE! It's actually interesting to watch someone have a manic episode, but it is exhausting to witness, too.

by Anonymousreply 317August 4, 2020 1:09 AM

^^^Look up NO Jumper on Youtube and you can find it in his video library. It was recent, after the face tatoo.

by Anonymousreply 318August 4, 2020 1:10 AM

[Quote] Nick Carter is a good guy? She has a temper that might say otherwise....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319August 4, 2020 1:40 AM

R316: I haven't seen it but Lance helped finance it. So, hey, it's relevant to this thread after all.

Back to the speculation, I wonder if Lance caught Justin crawling out of JC's bunk completely naked, semi-hard, with maybe some drying cum patches on this tummy and was just heartbroken that HIS jo and cuddle buddy was two-timing him with the older, sexier JC. One wonders...

by Anonymousreply 320August 4, 2020 1:44 AM

Lance's nose job was entirely unnecessary. It made his already feminine features even more girlish.

by Anonymousreply 321August 4, 2020 1:54 AM

I wish Paris would open up about that situation but she probably put it past her. If Nick did abuse her then that's not okay and Paris would be more credible than that girl from Dream.

by Anonymousreply 322August 4, 2020 12:19 PM

Nick was definitely unkind to Paris if she cheated on her with Ashlee Simpson of all people based on some gossip that he heard of her cheating. So immature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 4, 2020 12:26 PM

R320 can’t seem to grasp the idea of gay-celibate Christian closet-case, can he? Add to that the fact of a predatory manager hovering 24/7, and that doesn’t make for an environment conducive to sexploits.

Here, let Lance tell you all about it since none of you will listen to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324August 4, 2020 12:40 PM

All the pedo-obsessed freaks on DL...

Aaron has ONLY ranted about his sister raping him (which he later resented and then took back the recant), and never anyone else.

And trying to paint Nick as a psychotic woman-beater is insane.

Paris Hilton has NEVER said Nick beat her and she has no reason to cover for him.

by Anonymousreply 325August 4, 2020 1:01 PM

All the pedo-obsessed freaks on DL...

Aaron has ONLY ranted about his sister raping him (which he later resented and then took back the recant), and never anyone else.

And trying to paint Nick as a psychotic woman-beater is insane.

Paris Hilton has NEVER said Nick beat her and she has no reason to cover for him.

by Anonymousreply 326August 4, 2020 1:01 PM

[Quote] she cheated on her with Ashlee Simpson of all people

Ahh another 7th Heaven alum. God she was such a mess. I still remember when she got drunk at a McDonald's in Canada and told someone to kiss her feet. She did get some prime dick back in the day though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327August 4, 2020 1:07 PM

R327: I see The Miz and Tyler Hoechlin in that pic, but who's boy #2?

by Anonymousreply 328August 4, 2020 1:32 PM

Nick Carter was accused of Rape by one of the members of Dream (the blonde one). That sort of just went away.

by Anonymousreply 329August 4, 2020 1:51 PM

R328 that's Josh Henderson. He was in the Dallas reboot. And slept with Marc Cherry for a role on Desperate Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 330August 4, 2020 1:57 PM

[quote]Aaron has ONLY ranted about his sister raping him (which he later resented and then took back the recant), and never anyone else.

Yeah, there are a bunch of pedo obsessed/conspiracy theorists on DL, but Aaron did not recant his accusation against his sister. He repeated the claim in a recent interview.

He has deleted his Twitter account so many times that the original tweets are no longer around, but there are still articles online from when he accused his sister of rape and two backup dancers of sexually abusing him. Several months ago he accused his former manager of "basically molesting" him.

by Anonymousreply 331August 4, 2020 2:25 PM

Even if Pearlman didn't rape Aaron. Touring around at such a young age surrounded by a bunch of strange adults would make him an easy victim for grooming and abuse. Nick was in his early teens when he started his career and had the other older BSB members to protect him. Aaron was going places by himself with no supervision. And like someone else said at least JT's mom accompanied him a lot on tours.

by Anonymousreply 332August 4, 2020 2:44 PM

Also Aaron's mental problems could come from having to work nonstop as a child and that type of pressure is traumatizing for a young mind. He also was so used to that period of fame that he can't function without attention. He seems to have never had a chance to develop himself at a formative age outside of being an entertainer. I know he's in his 30s and is a complete narcissistic asshole but it's still kinda sad. Britney, Lindsay and Amanda are his counterparts.

He should been like Raven, The Olsen or Sprouse Twins and went to college but he comes from such a trashy household that higher education probably wasn't even suggested to him.

by Anonymousreply 333August 4, 2020 2:56 PM

R332 is a pedo-obsessed QAnon Troll.

by Anonymousreply 334August 4, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote] Ahh another 7th Heaven alum.

Holy shit. I had no idea until now she was on 7th Heaven. The only thing I knew about her before her singing is that the guy from girls gone wild tried to get her to do something in one of his recordings.

by Anonymousreply 335August 4, 2020 6:23 PM

Um, hi? Sorry to interrupt, but can we maybe get back to, ME?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336August 4, 2020 8:25 PM

Both seem genuinely happy and at peace with themselves. Lance definitely aged the best. Not feeling JC's hairstyle.

I wonder if they could tour without JT. The Jacksons toured without Michael and New Edition still stayed together when Bobby left. Not every single NSYNC fangirl was all about Justin and I feel he in fact pissed off a lot of the fanbase too at this point. Even Beyonce, Kelly and Michelle reunite every once and a while (though DC4 fans still feel bitter about LaTavia and LeToya, nobody cares about Farrah tho)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337August 4, 2020 8:47 PM

[Quote] Holy shit. I had no idea until now she was on 7th Heaven.

So was Haylie Duff in the later seasons.

[Quote] I wonder if they could tour without JT.

Maybe they don't want to tour?? That reunion they did together really was too short. I don't think the performance went longer than 2 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 338August 4, 2020 10:40 PM

I’d be more eager to get tickets for a JT-less tour than one with the complete fivesome, tbh. Justin can’t let the others shine, and it’s annoying as a fan of the group as a whole.

In fact, my preferred configuration is just a JC solo tour with Joey & Lance along to support and provide harmonies etc. No disrespect to Chris, or anything.

by Anonymousreply 339August 4, 2020 10:53 PM

R338: What reunion? The one in 2013 when Justin DEIGNED to allow them on the stage with him for only 2 minutes to do an NSYNC medley while he got his Vanguard Lifetime Achievement Award for his 3 solo albums? That was no reunion. And Justin is no lady....

by Anonymousreply 340August 4, 2020 11:25 PM

R339 I wonder if there are some machninations going on behind the scenes preventing the other 4 members from doing a JT-less reunion. So many groups have gone on tour without members (even main ones!!), look at Take That re-uniting without Robbie Williams. It's probable that the other 4 members of NSYNC really don't care/want to re-unite, but... you have to wonder.

by Anonymousreply 341August 5, 2020 12:43 AM

R340 lol yes that [italic] reunion [/italic].

by Anonymousreply 342August 5, 2020 1:03 AM

They also reunited for an interview on Ellen. I was surprised they were able to get Justin and Lance's egos to fit on one stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343August 5, 2020 1:32 AM

[quote] [R196] With 98 Degrees. God, how much second-hand embarrassment can one take? Did they exist only to make BSB and NSYNC look less lame?

Nick Lachey is the only white boybander I wanted to f*ck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344August 5, 2020 4:05 AM

[quote] [R196] With 98 Degrees. God, how much second-hand embarrassment can one take? Did they exist only to make BSB and NSYNC look less lame?

Nick Lachey is the only white boybander I wanted to f*ck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345August 5, 2020 4:05 AM

r343 Joey living up to his last name Fat one.

by Anonymousreply 346August 5, 2020 2:54 PM

There was a recent blind about Lachey and his band mates getting upset about too many black girls getting backstage passes during their concerts. If it’s true, y’all can have him.

by Anonymousreply 347August 5, 2020 3:20 PM

You know, for a Western boyband originating from the ‘90s, *NSYNC ended up developing some fierce dance breaks. Credit to Wade Robson. Some of those popn’lock moves looked almost painful.

Take any video or live from the Dirty Pop era then play hardcore, hip-hop, or nu-metal music over it - it doesn’t look weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348August 5, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote] There was a recent blind about Lachey and his band mates getting upset about too many black girls getting backstage passes during their concerts. If it’s true, y’all can have him.

A recent blind item? Do they still tour of was this about way back when? They were on MOTOWN records for Christ's sake. Never heard that but they were just street trash from PA or wherever, so completely believable.

by Anonymousreply 349August 5, 2020 5:51 PM

r349 Cincinnatti

by Anonymousreply 350August 6, 2020 12:23 AM

JC cut his hair and his looks came back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351August 6, 2020 9:02 AM

R347 what a stupid thing to get upset about.

by Anonymousreply 352August 6, 2020 10:05 AM

R352 especially since they're singing R&B music which would make sense they would have a black fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 353August 6, 2020 10:31 AM

351. JC has ZERO charisma and humor. Pretty clear why his career flopped.

by Anonymousreply 354August 6, 2020 10:55 AM

R354 must be blind and deaf, as well as cold-blooded. JC is so pretty and so nice and such a good singer that he makes me want to cry. Plus he can make fun of himself. What more could you want?

I’m wondering, what did people ever see in Justin? Or Chris?

by Anonymousreply 355August 6, 2020 10:57 AM

I think JC and Lance have more charisma and seem like genuinely cool dudes to hang with than JT who is such a wannabe and tryhard. His cocky "look at me!" demeanor only worked when he was young but nearing middle age, it just comes across as immature and not cute. JT's charisma was his confidence but you can tell he doesn't have it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 356August 6, 2020 12:25 PM

R351 His hair still looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 357August 6, 2020 2:02 PM

Is all of JC’s obvious trauma Pearlman-derived? Or is some of it to do with the rest of *NSYNC, or Wade, or Podwall, or Colto or some other lover we don’t know about? Maybe it was Tara Reid stalking him that finally broke his spirit.

by Anonymousreply 358August 6, 2020 4:56 PM

Fuck off, PEDO-OBSESSED FRAU TROLL at R358!

by Anonymousreply 359August 6, 2020 4:57 PM

R358 He was also adopted, so... there's that.

by Anonymousreply 360August 7, 2020 1:18 AM

The American music market always seems to only allow one member from a group to attain solo success NSYNC- Justin, Destiny's Child- Beyonce, Jackson 5- Michael, Go-Go's- Belinda, New Edition- Bobby. In the UK, for example each of the five Spice Girls had solo hit singles. JC could have set his sights on the European market for solo success, Kelly Rowland did and it paid off for her. If JC released some good pop songs overseas, perhaps he could have got some hits and then later released that music in the US.

by Anonymousreply 361August 7, 2020 1:48 AM

r358 sucks for JC. I knew I was gay very early on so sucking off ugly Pearlman wouldn't have given me nightmares especially once I counted the millions generated from NSYNC. JC is famous and hasn't had to work since 2002, he should thank his lucky stars that someone in the business gave him a chance. I'm sure if he had to live like a normal person at a 9-5 job he'd do anything to get back to his lifelong retirement. I don't sympathize with any of them.

by Anonymousreply 362August 7, 2020 2:19 AM

You really think you wouldn't get nightmares from sucking off this beast?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 7, 2020 2:51 AM

RIP Rich Cronin.

Let's see, Disney singers, JC Chasez, The Carters....

Dorothy, What The Hell Are We Talking About??

by Anonymousreply 364August 7, 2020 3:05 AM

^ Don't forget the other member of LFO that died a few years ago, too. Only 1/3 of LFO remains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365August 7, 2020 4:56 AM

[Quote] Or is some of it to do with the rest of *NSYNC, or Wade, or Podwall, or Colto or some other lover we don’t know about? Maybe it was Tara Reid stalking him that finally broke his spirit.

Aren't JC and Colton friends?? I thought it was Podwall that Colton dated.

by Anonymousreply 366August 7, 2020 5:43 AM

r351 you mean JC attempted to cover his receding hairline with a botched home hair cut. That interview was incredibly awkward. Does JC hate Chris?

by Anonymousreply 367August 7, 2020 8:48 AM

R360 didn’t JC’s foster-grandparents raise him? (the foster-parents of his mother). That’s a little different to being outright given up for adoption.

Afaik he has always said he had a relatively happy normal non-showbiz home life, and that his grandparents were loving and caring and treated him well. Kids of abusive bio-parents could only wish for the same. He’s not from a gruesome tragic background like the Carters.

by Anonymousreply 368August 7, 2020 12:30 PM

JC wrote some killer demos for NO STRINGS ATTACHED that never got finished or officially released. Some of them would have sounded great as solo singles for him; they were mostly spicy dance cuts with a slinky but darker-industrial MJ flavour (BLOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR-era). Could have set him apart from all that soft-edged dronefunk hip-hop JT was doing.

‘She’s The Max’ should have been on SCHIZOPHRENIC, if nothing else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369August 7, 2020 3:07 PM

Has there ever been a group that produced two standout solo artists? The Beatles are the only group that came close but I'm struggling to find another. I assume this occurs because most of them break out into their solo careers while under the same record label. The labels hate to compete with themselves since the singers share similar fan groups and sounds so one gets pushed out first then the other. Inevitably, someone is going to get the short end of the stick.

If I were in a group about to go solo I'd seek a new label. Then again, under a new label, you may not be able to sing the hits from your group without paying a lot of money per performance. The music industry sounds exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 370August 7, 2020 3:49 PM

Lance is on "25 Words Or Less" ( a really fun show) today with Joey Fatone.

by Anonymousreply 371August 7, 2020 4:36 PM

R370 Ever? Actually, it's more difficult to think of 2 stand outs from the same group that WEREN'T from a) a duo or b) a supergroup. Two other "strong" examples I can think of are... Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins and Buffalo Springfield with Neil Young and Stephen Stills?

by Anonymousreply 372August 8, 2020 5:29 AM

This will never happen but the fans would love a full-house band commentary in their live tour footage. And I mean every member in the same room, sat on the same couch, watching the same screen and talking about it amongst themselves for our edification.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373August 8, 2020 1:17 PM

Fifth Harmony produced Camilla Cabello and Normani two super start artists who are burning up the charts...Oh shit I almost got that out without milk coming out of my nose.

by Anonymousreply 374August 8, 2020 3:39 PM

Camilla is somewhat successful (though I personally can't stand her voice and music) but Normani not-so-much. I can't see either lasting long though as both are boring.

by Anonymousreply 375August 8, 2020 3:43 PM

Can't stand Justin Timberlake, even though I do like some of his music. It's just that he's such an asshole. I remember that episode of Punk'd when Ashton Kutcher made him think that the IRS was freezing his assets and taking his house. He cried like a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 376August 8, 2020 11:46 PM

R376 LOL yes I remember that. That was one of his iconic moments. The fact he threw Janet under the bus and exploited his relationship and breakup with Britney (the lookalike in the Cry Me A River video) which were humiliating moments for those ladies yet they kept their composure. He cried on TV like a baby and called for his mommy.

by Anonymousreply 377August 9, 2020 12:15 AM

JC also got slighted when that song he did with Blaque "Bring It All To Me" was credited Blaque ft. NSYNC when it was his vocals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378August 9, 2020 12:19 AM

r375 B,B,But Normani is the next Beyonce!!

by Anonymousreply 379August 9, 2020 1:14 AM

[quote] LOL yes I remember that. That was one of his iconic moments. The fact he threw Janet under the bus and exploited his relationship and breakup with Britney (the lookalike in the Cry Me A River video) which were humiliating moments for those ladies yet they kept their composure. He cried on TV like a baby and called for his mommy.

He was called out as a big pussy on more than one newsgroup at the time. And the Superbowl and Britney incidents only made things worse. He's a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 380August 9, 2020 1:22 AM

R376 She has talent and I like her voice more than Camilla's but she doesn't have enough material to judge and hasn't done a lot of promo either to build up to a success. She lacks pre-2013 Beyonce's hustle and self-promoting attitude. She needs to take lessons from Lizzo, Summer Walker, SZA, Chloe x Halle and Megan. But I like that Normani isn't a attention whore either.

by Anonymousreply 381August 9, 2020 1:24 AM

Justin is trying so hard to win back black support. He is posting so much BLM and woke content on his IG. It's funny because like 4 years ago he tweeted about Jesse Williams speech inspiring him and then Black Twitter (and Janet stans) called him out about the Super Bowl incident and cultural appropriation and he dismissed it. He tweeted back in the most passive-aggressive Southern style way: "Oh, you sweet soul. The more you realize that we are the same, the more we can have a conversation." The backlash was not pretty and he apologized afterwards. Then the whole Man of the Woods album nonsense and reclaiming his country roots (though the album had nothing country about it) and using a rural backwoods aesthetic. Now he is collabing with SZA and hoping on the social justice parade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382August 9, 2020 1:44 AM

R116 what happened to Madonna after the SEX book?

She suffered backlash for a few years, moved away from hardcore sex and came back strong with critical acclaim and huge album sales with Evita and Ray of Light in the second half of the 90s

Janet could never overcome the 2004 Superbowl, her career never recovered

by Anonymousreply 383August 9, 2020 1:50 AM

Janet's career couldn't recover because she was essentially blacklisted by Les Moonves from Viacom (MTV, VH1, etc.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384August 9, 2020 1:56 AM

R383 The issue with Janet was not also the backlash of the Super Bowl but also her decline in music quality. After Damita Jo, she seemed to just stop caring and phoned in the two albums afterwards and it showed. Michael's legal problems and then death probably also stressed her out too, so she took a break. Madonna still put a lot of effort in her music after the SEX book controversy, never took long breaks and gained that critical acclaim that kept her around for another decade. Janet did put much more effort in her Unbreakable album but it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 385August 9, 2020 1:56 AM

Justin was also high as a kite during Punk'd.

by Anonymousreply 386August 9, 2020 3:11 AM

Janet's relationship with Jermaine Dupri also held her back. He was behind the production of 2 YO and Discipline. Only hit she got from those two albums were Call On Me (only because of Nelly) and Feedback. She went from having albums with diverse musical influences from multiple genres to generic R&B and failed dancepop. Though I like some of Discipline's songs like Feedback, Rock with You and Can't Be Good.

It's poetic justice (pun intended) that Justin is now having the same issue with Janet. Creatively he is bankrupt and his recent music has been a major fail. Even Britney got more acclaim for Glory than JT got for Man of the Woods

by Anonymousreply 387August 9, 2020 4:12 AM

I remember when JT offered to help Britney save her career and she said "naw I'm good" and came out with back to back hit CDs.

by Anonymousreply 388August 9, 2020 2:49 PM

If Britney does retire with Glory being her last. At least she left off with a pretty good album much better than that mess Britney Jean. I'm glad she got herself together and put effort into that one. She actually sounded like she enjoyed singing on it.

by Anonymousreply 389August 9, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote]Justin is trying so hard to win back black support. He is posting so much BLM and woke content on his IG.

Which is beyond offensive if true. He's not being sincere; he's only doing it to improve his brand and his "ghetto pass". He's as bad a Shawn Mendes and his whore skank beard Camilla. I despise hypocrites. Speaking out against injustice is NOT an accessory, like a Burberry scarf.

by Anonymousreply 390August 9, 2020 10:55 PM

[Quote] Speaking out against injustice is NOT an accessory, like a Burberry scarf.

That was beautiful 😭

by Anonymousreply 391August 9, 2020 11:58 PM

DL’s ‘World of *NSYNC’ power-rankings so far:

Godtier: Britney

Legend, no less: J.C., Kelly Rowland, Ricky Martin, Rich Cronin and the boys of LFO, the British & European pop industries, old-school Nickelodeon

Decent: Joey, Mrs. Timberlake Sr. & Mrs. Bass Sr., the boys of O-Town, Tony Lucca, 7th HEAVEN, the SuperBowl, the year 2000

We like her, but not enough: Lance, J.C.’s solo album, the boys of 98 Degrees, Madge/Janet/Xtina/J-Lo/Ciara/Bieber/Ariana, the girls of Fifth Harmony, Paris Hilton, Jessica Biel, Ashton Kutcher, the Simpson sisters

Part of the furniture: Chris, Wade Robson, Pharrell & Timbaland, Steven Fatone, the creature in the OP who Lance dated, RyGos, Colton & Camp Podwall, Blaque, Jordan Knight, Keri Hilson, Victoria Justice, any of the other flopstars not already mentioned

Shit-tier: Justin, The Backstreet Boys, any other member of the Carter family (except the poor dead abused sister), JIVE records, Beyoncé, Usher, Jermaine Dupri, Les Moonves, Pearlman, The Ellen Show, Jamie-Lynn, Disney Corp and most of the people associated with them (except Brit, J.C. & some of the old MMCers, the cast of High School Musical, and Raven Symoné), J.C.’s egregious style choices, Lance’s plastic surgery, Shawn Mendes x Camilla

by Anonymousreply 392August 11, 2020 6:51 PM

r392 where is Beyonce? How do you include K Rolland but not Queen B?

by Anonymousreply 393August 12, 2020 12:28 AM

r392 how was this determined?

by Anonymousreply 394August 12, 2020 1:55 AM

R393 read it again more slowly, you’ll find her. She’s in her rightful place, don’t you worry😉

R394 by scan-reading the entire thread and collating all the responses. It’s the opinion of every poster so far, not just my own (actually I don’t agree with some of the assessments, personally). Thought it might be fun/funny as a summary post at the thread’s halfway mark and as a tongue-in-cheek poke at how incredibly off-topic we are, but I guess it didn’t hit the mark. Oh, well, I tried it. Lucky I’m a fast reader so I only wasted a maximum fifteen minutes of my life.

by Anonymousreply 395August 12, 2020 12:59 PM

JC “I hate everybody”

Kin Mood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396August 12, 2020 9:59 PM

“Our sangin’ and dancin’ was tuneful, uptempo and repetitive - and aimed at the general public. We realised we were the new gang in town, and it was time to let people know it.”

by Anonymousreply 397August 13, 2020 3:26 PM

R392 how the fuck do you put Madonna, the biggest female artist in the history of music worldwide and around since 1982, hell even Janet for that matter, with these teeny boppers?

Madonna (and Janet's) peers are MJ, Prince, Whitney, perhaps even Mariah

by Anonymousreply 398August 13, 2020 6:32 PM

I'm surprised to find out how many straight girls (and pre-lesbians) had crushes on Lance. Is it because he was the most non-threatening and shyest member of the group? I mean JC, Chris and Joey were adult men and JT while still a boy was really cocky and extroverted.

by Anonymousreply 399August 14, 2020 10:43 PM

Lance Ass would appear at a Big Lots grand opening.

by Anonymousreply 400August 14, 2020 10:56 PM

R399 not sure exactly, but your theory seems sound as any.

I would add that Lance came across as the least high-maintenance member of the group, as well as the least intimidating in terms of accomplishment, I.e. he was easygoing fantasy boyfriend material.

JC was shy, but he was so crazy talented that it would make anyone feel inadequate; Joey had modest abilities but he would constantly want to fuck or party or get drinks & dinner which gets exhausting; Chris seems like a maniac on a good day plus at the time he was old enough to be some of those little fangirls’ dad; and yes, JT was a loud bitchy needy headache of a teenager and similar in many ways to Regina George- what young girl needs that?

by Anonymousreply 401August 14, 2020 11:01 PM

Is Lance a top?

by Anonymousreply 402August 14, 2020 11:03 PM

R402, not on the charts or concert circuit.

by Anonymousreply 403August 14, 2020 11:08 PM

My favorite part in the Fox X-Men movies is when Logan and some of the teen mutants escape the raid on Xavier's school by jacking Cyclops’ hot sportscar, and after they get out of danger Pyro turns on the car stereo as they're speeding away into the night...for the CD in the player to blare ‘Bye Bye Bye' by *NSYNC. It’s a tense dramatic downbeat scene happening the dark in a moving vehicle, but still everyone reacts with a humorous beat of confusion.

This is Cyclops’ car. Like, the tough buff serious leader of the X-Men. The man with lasers for eyes and a stick up his ass. And he chooses to listen to *NSYNC for pleasure in his everyday life? I love him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404August 17, 2020 9:33 PM

R392, let me simplify that for you:

[bold]THEY'RE ALL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!![/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405August 17, 2020 9:36 PM

r404 Hugh Jackman probably liked it

by Anonymousreply 406August 17, 2020 9:38 PM

I wonder if Lance and Justin highlighted each other's hair back in the day

by Anonymousreply 407August 20, 2020 4:30 AM

Max Martin needs his props because without him NSYNC, Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears would never have caught on. He also wrote for Robyn, Ace of Base, Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, Pink, Usher, Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne, Ariana Grande and The Weeknd. The American pop music industry is dominated by this one guy from Sweden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408October 7, 2020 7:15 AM

Speaking of Justin....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409October 7, 2020 7:59 AM

R409 Like a lot of pop groups they were going separate ways and it was inevitable. They were manufactured from day one, so it's not like they were ever close friends or relatives like Destiny's Child, Hanson or Jonas Brothers. They were basically just coworkers.

by Anonymousreply 410October 7, 2020 5:45 PM

R410 Also New Edition were childhood friends.

by Anonymousreply 411October 7, 2020 5:47 PM

R410 I just wanted one more album.

by Anonymousreply 412October 8, 2020 12:15 PM

Can you blame him?

by Anonymousreply 413October 8, 2020 12:29 PM

I wonder if One Direction will be the last boy band manufactured on an assembly line. They were a throwback to the media-trained performer seals who brought in the bucks for big corporations. They were seen as corny and hated by the majority of guys but girls (and even some older women) were crazy about them.

by Anonymousreply 414October 8, 2020 2:26 PM

R414 Have you forgotten about K-Pop? Oddly popular amongst certain segments of American youth. They are all most certainly made created from a plastic surgeon's assembly line in Seoul.

by Anonymousreply 415October 8, 2020 2:28 PM

R415 BTS seems to be the only K-pop group that broke out into the mainstream US audience. I remember I was shocked that I heard normal girls talk about BTS because usually most Kpop fangirls are seen as nerdy weirdos. But I am curious to see if this will last.

by Anonymousreply 416October 8, 2020 2:31 PM

But what's also funny is in the past boy bands were ridiculed by the general public. No guy would admit to liking New Kids on the Block, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys and One Direction. But I see BTS on the cover of Rolling Stone and getting all this praise from critics.

by Anonymousreply 417October 8, 2020 2:51 PM

We know why.

by Anonymousreply 418October 8, 2020 3:45 PM

JC is such an endearing singer who seems to genuinely feel each word, each note, each syncopation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419October 12, 2020 4:26 PM

Lance out here ruining all our dreams of a real N*SYNC reunion.

Wish J.C. would get some help with his stage-anxiety, and some fire back in him. The boys don’t need Justin like they think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420October 15, 2020 7:01 PM

JC Chasez's solo singles were cringe inducing. "Some Girls Dance With Women"?!

by Anonymousreply 421October 15, 2020 7:03 PM

[Quote] Wish J.C. would get some help with his stage-anxiety,

Didn't Jonathan Knight have heavy anxiety as well? What have he and JC got in common...?

by Anonymousreply 422October 15, 2020 7:04 PM

Is this really JC now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423October 15, 2020 7:05 PM

Got a lot of time for NSYNC, sans Justin. As well as being personable celebs, they seem decent men all around; gay-friendly, democrat-leaning, good to their families and fans, and as far as we know not fundie nutcases or the types to groom and beat little girl groupies. I’ve never heard a bad word said about any of them. By the standards of Boybanders, they’re golden.

by Anonymousreply 424October 15, 2020 8:39 PM

R424 Now that you mention it, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that all the members of the Backstreet Boys support Trump. Maybe not AJ.

by Anonymousreply 425October 16, 2020 3:07 AM

Surprised to learn that NSYNC don’t own any of their masters or publishing.

Guess only Justin has the cash to buy the catalogue back, but there’s no way he’d do that, so that fucks the whole group over for royalties and kickbacks as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426October 17, 2020 3:58 PM

Why would a boyband expect to own their masters or publishing in the first place?! Shit, they ain't Bob Dylan. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 427October 17, 2020 5:27 PM

[Quote] Surprised to learn that NSYNC don’t own any of their masters or publishing.

Were you born yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 428October 17, 2020 10:15 PM

Is Timberfake a glass-closet bi, at this point? If I were Lance, that might annoy me.

Justin certainly seems happy enough to make jokes about his sexuality on live tv...

“He’ll make love with woman so beautiful and so often that that it won’t be enough for him and he’ll, I don’t know, maybe try some stuff with guys..”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429October 18, 2020 11:13 AM

Who let Chris get those stupid braids and undercut ponytail? He was a million times more cute with that 90s curtain hairstyle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430October 21, 2020 1:22 AM

JC should have stuck with the caesar do

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431October 21, 2020 1:24 AM

It's tough to believe that the desperately-striving laughing-stock closet-case who is ageing like milk is invoking white-hot jealousy of a nice-looking Out gay man at ease with himself and contented with his life. Go off, though, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 432October 23, 2020 11:13 PM

R259 um…..I kind of….vibe with the ‘Blowin’ Me Up’ video. 2005-Me would have done literally anything the JC in that video wanted or asked, and I don’t even like men 99% of the time. I don’t get why certain posters are so dead-set against the sound and the look of the solo singles he released; they’re catchier, cooler, more fun and slicker than most of the dance-pop trash released now. He looks pretty cool to me in ‘BMU’, dirty jeans and shaggy girls and peacock-dancing (R271 I think JC is bi/gay as they come, but his dancing really doesn’t telegraph that as much as you say), and the crunky nu-disco sound is pretty sexy in the right setting (I will concede the lyrics are dreadful).

R268 but oh my merciful Gods, I didn’t realise JC did that song TOP OF THE POPS. What a fucking egregious decision. I love the man, and I actually like that song (I’m the one lmao), but no way were British general audiences of the early 00s ready for that; they’d only just got their heads around Enrique, Ricky Martin, and Britney. JC likely was lipsyncing, there. The producers make you sing to track when you do TOPT.

IMO JC should have left Jive/Zomba with his solo material in 2002-3 and developed it intensely elsewhere, instead of hanging around another five years just to have them waste his time and then fuck him over. Loyalty means nothing in the pop music business, especially when it comes to the big money creeps with whom *NSYNC had to deal. Another label might have given him resources and connections that would have pushed his record in a direction that would have proved more successful.

by Anonymousreply 433November 3, 2020 8:58 PM

His Basement Jaxx collab was pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434November 3, 2020 9:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that everyone is bitter about Justin Timberlake's success.

by Anonymousreply 435November 3, 2020 9:06 PM

As long as there are no 98 Degrees reunions. Now, they sucked.

by Anonymousreply 436November 4, 2020 12:45 AM

Lance, I'm the Diana, you're the Mary.

by Anonymousreply 437November 4, 2020 12:52 AM

Who's Flo?

by Anonymousreply 438November 4, 2020 12:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!