Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

We may have a Vice-President named Karen!

Rep. Karen Bass emerges as a leading vp contender the week before Biden makes his announcement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 10:47 PM

But, but.... Kamala looks great and she could slaughter Pence in the debate!

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 10:17 PM

doesn't biden need the battleground states/midwest states? why would he pick someone from california? just for the race factor? don't know if there is enough black people in the battleground states and midwest even if they overwhelming voted for biden because of her to overcome the vast white population of these states?...

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 10:17 PM

Because she is well respected in Congress R2 and plays nice with both progressives and moderates... and VP candidates don't usually affect the vote in their home states.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 10:18 PM

and he is so far ahead he can do whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 10:21 PM

She doesn't come off as a schoolmarm type--which is always good

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 10:21 PM

R3.. but it's the public that is voting for biden (and her) not the house or senate right?..

biden would win california no matter what, so why is he picking her someone from california?..

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 10:22 PM

R6 can't read

[quote] VP candidates don't usually affect the vote in their home states.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 10:23 PM

Oppo dump came out today that she said nice things about Scientology.

She's toast.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 10:23 PM

R7... that's right, they DON"T AFFECT the votes of their state (i.e her from california) their from.... they just might affect the votes of the states that really call the winner, the battleground and midwest...

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 10:25 PM

There is literally ZERO excitement or enthusiasm for her.

This news being leaked to the press is the Biden campaign’s way of showing that Bass was seriously considered, before he ultimately chooses Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 10:27 PM

I like her very much, but she is not my first choice.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 10:27 PM

CNN is drooling over Bass for some reason. It is NOT going to be her.

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 10:29 PM

There is no one as fierce as Miss Kamala Devi Harris!!

She has (almost) made me forget my Miss Hillary Rodham Clinton fixation!

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 10:30 PM

Could be a leak strategy... earlier this week he talks about how respects her and his speaking notes get photographed. Going into the weekend it's all about Bass. My money now on Bass or Rice.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 10:31 PM

^ Sorry the her in this case was Harris and my thinking is they are employing a leak strategy to move away from the expectation it's going to be her... soften the blow.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 10:32 PM

Bass or Rice would be two of the stupidest possible picks he could make. Right up there with Sarah Palin and Dan Quayle.

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 10:33 PM

Years ago Bass worked in Cuba with a leftist group. That would kill Biden's chances in Florida, so I wouldn't get too attached to Bass.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 10:35 PM

She's on record as praising Scientology, she's a no for me.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 10:36 PM

She’s unvetted for the national stage.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 10:39 PM

[quote] There is no one as fierce as Miss Kamala Devi Harris!!

Really?

Because Rep. Karen Bass also acted in the movie "Burn Motherfucker, Burn!"

Now THAT is badass! Bwahahaha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 10:40 PM

Sorry, it wasn't a movie.

It was a documentary.

I was secretly hoping that it was a movie, like "Foxy Brown."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 10:41 PM

Sounds like Bass has spent as much time in Cuba as she has in Washington. I don't give a damn but we will lose Florida for sure and plenty of people will not vote for her due to her support for Fidel and affectionate words about him.

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 10:45 PM

She REALLY needs to start wearing a wig.

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 10:46 PM

R18.... didn't know that about her praising the abusive insidious evil cult that is scientology!..

done with her just for that...

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 10:47 PM

I think the press is bored. She's clearly not in the top 20, much less top contender. A Castro-loving Scientology apologist. Sure she'll be the VP.

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 10:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!