Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hot cop dragged to death by three illiterate teen gypsies

The young Officer got entangled in a rope attached to their vehicle (they had been stealing a quad bike) and they deliberately dragged him for over a mile at high speeds.

Needless to say his body was destroyed.

The three troublemakers responsible were recently found guilty of manslaughter instead of murder, leading to outrage. The three teens spent most of the trial laughing and smirking at the victim's family.

Hope the little cunts and their jury-tampering families rot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 2, 2020 12:26 AM

omg what a horrible story. how in the world did these three murderous teens get off with manslaughter?

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 6:40 PM

Precisely, its a bad joke. They knew exactly what they were doing and were laughing when the list of injuries was read out

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 6:49 PM

Where are the "defund the police" posters now?

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 7:02 PM

White racist vicious cop dead. Boo hoo.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 7:04 PM

I love the song Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac featuring Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 7:05 PM

Fuck you R4.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 7:08 PM

I hope R4 gets murdered with an ax

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 7:11 PM

F&F for r4.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 7:15 PM

Article from another DL thread about this, showing a pic of the smirking chavs:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 7:20 PM

This being the UK it's no surprise the murderers were not convicted accordingly and they'll probably be out in 3 years. Remember when chavs were killing elders with a punch for viral videos and getting 3 years? The American justice system is trash but UK's even worse.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 7:21 PM

I'm not a violent person but I hope those 3 thugs are giving a horrendous time in prison.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 7:21 PM

They look inbred. Vile little shits.

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 7:33 PM

The 18 year old driving the car was sentenced to 16 years. The two 17 year old were sentenced to 13 years.

I hate the right wing UK government with a vengeance, and Priti Patel's politics in particular, and I have no doubt she'll use this case to push her agenda. But the idea they'll be all be released by the age of 28, the age Andrew Harper was when they killed him, is appalling.

There is a real issue around lawlessness in the traveller community, including "modern" slavery of vulnerable adults. It's been going on for years but like crimes committed by other minorities there's a reluctance to be honest about it and tackle it.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 7:55 PM

The sentences were far too light. That poor man and his family, friends and colleagues. I feel like justice hasn't been done.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 8:00 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 8:02 PM

Slavery in Nottingham

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 8:02 PM

I cannot be sad for the death of a member of the Blue Klux Klan.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 8:03 PM

r17, this happened in the UK, not in the US.

Or do you think all policemen in all countries are racist?

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 8:10 PM

Piss off, R17, he was a good, honest British police officer who was horribly killed by delinquents. People like you, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 8:11 PM

R18 yes.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 8:14 PM

[quote]Where are the "defund the police" posters now?

Defund the police and this crime have no relation. I still think the police should be defunded. If citizens responded to nonviloent calls, then cops like this wouldn't be working alone. Cops should have partners when responded to violent and criminal situations.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 8:14 PM

This is why I'm in favor of the death penalty. They all deserve to be hung in front of their families. Disgusting monsters.

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 8:18 PM

Since it's Europe, it's a wonder that they faced any punishment at all for committing an atrocity. It would be scary to live in a place where you know that anyone could do anything and get away with it without facing commensurate punishment.

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 8:21 PM

He was handsome and well liked

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 8:25 PM

[quote]Defund the police and this crime have no relation. I still think the police should be defunded. If citizens responded to nonviloent calls, then cops like this wouldn't be working alone. Cops should have partners when responded to violent and criminal situations.

Do you know what defund means? You want to remove money from the police service in the UK after they've been adversely affected by 10 years of budget cuts, some of which were necessary as a party of a reduction in public spending after the financial crash, but some ideological.

Cuts to police funding means they've had to stop investigating low level crime, and cut community based programmes and preventative programmes.

But yeah, let's get a volunteer force of volunteer wannabe police offers to go around and enforce the law and investigate crimes. What could possibly go wrong!

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 8:34 PM

I posted this a few weeks ago. I think I asked why so many European countries have so little punishment.

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 8:42 PM

I immediately banished R4 and R17. Loathsome pieces of shit

by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2020 8:46 PM

He looked like a real-life sidekick from a British murder show like Midsomer Murders or Vera. Horrible way to die.

by Anonymousreply 28July 31, 2020 8:51 PM

Don’t these dumb Brits know it’s time to DEFUND THE POLICE?

by Anonymousreply 29July 31, 2020 8:55 PM

"Gypsies" - of Irish origin? They're usually called travellers in the UK or pikes (slang), you'll find some of the worst of the worst come from that community or are connected to them in some way, you can't comprehend until you've been involved with them or have known someone who has been, totally indecent - whole families.

by Anonymousreply 30July 31, 2020 9:06 PM

I'm quite familiar with this sad story; it is gruesome. To be fair, they are travellers, not actual gypsies.

by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2020 9:17 PM

[quote] They all deserve to be hung in front of their families.

Why is it their families' fault?

Do you think Stalin's daughter should have been punished for her father's crimes? Or Jeffrey Dahmer's father should have been punished for his son's crimes?

by Anonymousreply 32July 31, 2020 9:19 PM

Pikies, R30. As for defunding the police it has been defunded and will probably be defunded further in the U.K. If you are a victim of a low level crime you just phone a local police number to get a crime number for insurance claims. It is very, very unlikely that there will be any follow up unless there is a whole spate of similar crimes in an area and the police think you may have information. Most people don’t even bother.

by Anonymousreply 33July 31, 2020 9:20 PM

I didn't know there were Irish gypsies. First I've ever heard of such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 34July 31, 2020 9:34 PM

How are these guys "gysies?" They don't look remotely Roma.

by Anonymousreply 35July 31, 2020 9:37 PM

R34 Really? Wow, that's interesting to me that you are only learning of them here. They're known as Tinkers by the older folks, Travellers or Pikies by younger people.

In Britain they're quite common, and somewhat easily indentifiable. They're often illiterate grifters, and many use some of the same vernacular as the Gypsies. They live in what Americans think of as RVs or mobile homes. Some have more stable lives in settled camps, living in trailers.

by Anonymousreply 36July 31, 2020 9:41 PM

R35 NOT Roma, Travellers.

by Anonymousreply 37July 31, 2020 9:42 PM

Thank you, R33 - and depressing to have to agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 38July 31, 2020 9:42 PM

The nature-vs-nurture debate is never going to end, but it's possible that Cluster B personality disorders may have a genetic component, and may be heritable to some extent. And the more I know about gypsies and travelers,, the more I wonder if it's possible for an entire inbred subculture to be carrying the genetic components for Sociopathy.

And these are the people the British government has chosen to coddle and excuse...

by Anonymousreply 39July 31, 2020 9:55 PM

Although sentences have slowly gotten tougher over the past few years in many EU countries, I too wonder why we are so goddamn weak on perpetrators.

The weird thing is, I don’t know a single person who thinks our justice system is “just”.

by Anonymousreply 40July 31, 2020 9:59 PM

Inject their scrotums with something to sterlize them. Breeding should not be allowed.

by Anonymousreply 41July 31, 2020 10:04 PM

I don't understand the European attitude towards gypsies in general. Why are they given free rein? They are beggars and thieves. No one in their right mind wants these people in their city. Send them back to Romania where they come from and let that government deal with them.

by Anonymousreply 42July 31, 2020 10:06 PM

R42, the Irish Travellers are as Irish as you can get. Most so called gypsies in the U.K. are of Irish Traveller origin. They are treated like utter shite by the rest of society.

by Anonymousreply 43July 31, 2020 10:10 PM

Some years ago F/X had a great series about Irish Travellers, starring Eddie Hazard and Minnie Driver. Criminally cancelled after only two seasons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 31, 2020 10:27 PM

Heartbreaking. These savages should be locked up for the rest of their lives. European “justice“ is such a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 45July 31, 2020 10:28 PM

R37 - The OP shouldn't have called them gypsies. The Irish Travellers don't come from the same genetic stock as the gypsies/Roma.

Travellers in the U.S. used to be concentrated on the East coast and midwest mainly around Chicago. They run painting, roofing and driveway re-pavement scams. Now they're seen more on the west coast. They tried to do this in one of the most affluent neighborhoods in my city which was a testament to their lack of education and generally poor intellect. Plenty of other areas to scam, but they saw big, pretty houses. The residents are well-educated and have a neighborhood watch (maybe they couldn't read the signs?) and even hire private security to patrol the area at night. This zip code has the highest number of calls to the police despite having one of the lowest crime rates in the city. Between calls to the police and a huge uproar on Nextdoor, they moved on.

by Anonymousreply 46July 31, 2020 11:02 PM

Can we please not get so focused on what correct terminology to use, these guys are absolute scum who laughed about their crimes.

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2020 11:34 PM

I suspect if these guys knew they were being equated with the Roma, they would tie the "accuser" to the back of a vehicle and drag him to death, too.

On top of being multi-generational scammers, they are indeed profoundly stupid racists and sociopaths who would be unhappy being mistaken for or compared to "n_gg--s." Besides the actual evidence that they're worse.

by Anonymousreply 48July 31, 2020 11:48 PM

This probably sounds strange to Americans, but speaking as a Brit, these sentences were longer than I was expecting them to get, especially given how young they are. I'm pleasantly surprised, though. I suspect their complete lack of remorse was a significant factor in the sentencing. As cop killers, they'll get plenty of respect in prison, unfortunately.

So awful that on top of everything else they've suffered, his family had to endure his killers' behaviour in court.

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2020 12:33 AM

[quote] Can we please not get so focused on what correct terminology to use, these guys are absolute scum who laughed about their crimes.

Erm, it’s been noted in the thread that they are absolute scum & that they laughed about their crimes. If you want it repeated another 17 times, do it yourself.

Americans don’t understand what Irish travelers are. They’re not Gypsies. Gypsies are Roma. Irish travelers have stolen Gypsy slang in an attempt to identify themselves as victims of racism. They’re not of south Asian descent, they’re white. They could easily have all the advantages other white Europeans have by allowing their children to attend school, pick their own spouses & not get married at 14.

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2020 12:34 AM

R35/R46 here. I am an American who lived in Chicago for 15 years and I am very well aware of Tinkers/Travellers and Pikeys from having experienced them and spending several years on the now defunct IMDb Sports board where there were actual threads devoted to their sociopathy and thievery.

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2020 2:08 AM

Yawn. There's very little violent crime in the UK or Europe. I wouldn't get all "death penalty" because of one event. I'm sure the biggest yelkers here are the first to whine when they get a parking ticket. or speeding ticket that they obviously deserved.

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2020 2:17 AM

Would you like to take a "stab" at making sense once again, R52?

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2020 2:21 AM

R24, Alas, most likely uncut.

by Anonymousreply 54August 1, 2020 2:21 AM

What is a "yelker"?

by Anonymousreply 55August 1, 2020 2:27 AM

The people in Travellers/Gypsy communities tend to be inbreds and are like feral humans with no decent social skills towards the general civilian population. it's really quite disturbing that these nomads live by their own laws and rules and fuck everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 56August 1, 2020 2:48 AM

I would absolutely refuse to allow them entry to my country if I were president.

by Anonymousreply 57August 1, 2020 3:14 AM

The killers of PC Andrew Harper had a lifestyle “based on criminality” and thought they were untouchable, the detective who led the hunt for them has said.

Detective Superintendent Stuart Blaik strongly criticised the tight-knit Traveller community that failed to assist police despite the horrific circumstances of PC Harper’s death.

The three killers were jailed for manslaughter yesterday as PC Harper’s widow, Lissie, told of her “endless world of numb despair”.

Villagers in the prosperous area of Berkshire had described being tormented by the gang, who committed burglaries and vandalism and sped around the narrow country lanes.

Mr Blaik described his frustration at the lack of co-operation from the community. Henry Long, 19, the leader of the gang, “admitted they had been thieving most days”, Mr Blaik said. “Their lifestyle was based on their criminality. Long said his grandfather was a thief and his father was a thief and he has followed in their footsteps and that’s how he funds his life.”

The raid that led to PC Harper’s death had been meticulously planned at the Four Houses Corner Travellers’ site in Burghfield Common, Berkshire. The gang returned to the site, which is run by West Berkshire council, after dragging the young officer to his death.

“None of them lived on that particular site but they had strong family connections and it was certainly the focal point of where their criminality started and finished,” Mr Blaik said. He added that the police had received no help from the Traveller community. “We knew it was going to be difficult and it proved very difficult,” he said. “The lack of support has frustrated what we were trying to do.”

When Long was arrested after the getaway car was found at the Four Houses Corner site he complained that he was a victim of discrimination against Travellers, the court was told.

“If something happened and the car was found, say for instance in a housing estate, would everyone in that housing estate get arrested?” he said, the court heard. “Or is it just a gypsy site where a car gets found, everyone gets arrested?”

Despite the gang’s admission that they went out every day to commit crimes, they had few convictions and none had ever been jailed. Long was convicted of battery in 2017, and again the following year. Two months before PC Harper’s death he was given a three-month discharge for being drunk on a highway.

Albert Bowers, 18, left school at 11. He was convicted of criminal damage in 2016, and was given a youth rehabilitation order for sexual assault in 2018. In April last year he was given a six-month referral order for causing racially aggravated distress.

Jessie Cole, 18, left school at 14 and was the only one without a criminal record.

Mr Justice Edis described the gang as “young, unintelligent, but professional criminals”.

“None of them had any real education,” he said. “Their parents appear to have taken them out of school far too young.

“They were in the habit of going out thieving cars at night. In Long’s case it was his only source of income, he never having done an honest day’s work in his life or, it seems, ever thought he should.”

by Anonymousreply 58August 1, 2020 7:59 AM

I'm sorry, OP, but we have problems of our own.

Take your ultra-right-wing propaganda elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 59August 1, 2020 8:03 AM

[quote]Albert Bowers, 18, left school at 11. He was convicted of criminal damage in 2016, and was given a youth rehabilitation order for sexual assault in 2018. In April last year he was given a six-month referral order for causing racially aggravated distress.

It goes against all my instincts to say this, but just throw away the key. There is no chance this man can be rehabilitated.

When he does come out he'll rape again, he'll attack Black and Asian people again, he'll attack people again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 1, 2020 8:06 AM

Why is the U.K. justice system full of retards that don’t punish criminals harsher?

by Anonymousreply 61August 1, 2020 8:11 AM

We're soft on crime because of EU human rights laws.

by Anonymousreply 62August 1, 2020 8:14 AM

R61 good question. As a Brit I an in favour of harsher sentences. It's a bad joke that these 3 were committed crimes daily but had never been punished before.

And as someone who's worked in Psychology and forensic rehab, I have no expectation that the character or behaviour of these men can ever be improved. Likely, prison will make them even worse.

by Anonymousreply 63August 1, 2020 8:18 AM

R35 They're Irish travelers, who are ethnically Irish not Roma gypsies. The title is misleading. Irish travelers are essentially a cultural group in Ireland who lead different lifestyles than the other Irish but are genetically almost the same.

by Anonymousreply 64August 1, 2020 8:21 AM

Can people get over the fucking title?

In Britain its common to call people who lives in caravans and had no fixed address a "gypsy". It's also vaguely insulting.

When I wrote the title I didn't care so much for giving these three killers their preferred descriptors. I should have wrote "three illiterate, ugly, irredeemable teen cunts"

by Anonymousreply 65August 1, 2020 8:26 AM

I suspect the only thing that may stop sociopathic Travellers might very well be some Berkshire nanas armed gardening shears and a disposal team.

by Anonymousreply 66August 1, 2020 8:35 AM

The infuriating thing is this travelling community actively tried to cover for these three and block the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 67August 1, 2020 8:38 AM

Travellers have been given ethnic status here in Ireland recently. It just makes it even harder to prosecute for any offence.

by Anonymousreply 68August 1, 2020 10:25 AM

I'm Irish and it makes no sense to me they are given a separate ethnic stats. They are just Irish people who choose to live in mobile homes. I don't want to tar them with the same brush but there isn't a lot of trust for them as many are criminal.

by Anonymousreply 69August 1, 2020 10:34 AM

His skin much have been ripped off on the road. Gruesome. Thankfully he was unconscious

by Anonymousreply 70August 1, 2020 11:49 AM

I would support the death sentence for these 3.

by Anonymousreply 71August 1, 2020 6:17 PM

Death penalty is too good for them. Cut off their nut sacks to make sure they cannot reproduce and give them a life of hard labor.

by Anonymousreply 72August 1, 2020 9:06 PM

Join the petition on change.org

by Anonymousreply 73August 1, 2020 9:38 PM

Naturally The Guardian have run a "the travellers are the real victims" article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 1, 2020 9:40 PM

R74 I'm sure most of them aren't bad but the way the families and friends of these creatures covered lied and intimidated for them is unacceptable. Please sign the petition to review the miscarriage.

by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2020 9:46 PM

They are scam artists. They do not care about you or your well being. They HATE gays, more than Joy Reid does actually. I hope people learn the truth about them.

by Anonymousreply 76August 2, 2020 12:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!