Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Datalounge Field Trips

When DL posters have gone to other sites to leave comments on another board.

Which have been the best ones?

by Anonymousreply 29August 2, 2020 12:31 AM

Manvox.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 2:49 PM

That woman who moved her whole family to a tiny apartment in NYC to relive her SATC life

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 2:50 PM

The gold standard would have to be the 2007 field trip to the Daily Mirror boards during the height of the Maddie McCann case. I was muffling screams in my office.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 2:55 PM

What counts as "another board"? If you count comment sections, I love to inject a little truth on OneNewsNow. They don't post a lot of my comments, so I have to be sneaky to get the point across. Using big words helps. They're not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 2:57 PM

The comments on Kellyanne's niece's Instagram on the day of her wedding, telling the world that her husband is a closeted homosexual! He's the nephew of Mike Pence.

She locked her IG on private forever after!

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 2:58 PM

Then there was the time we dropped a dime on Sister Bridget Hilliard's Birthday Handbag Extravaganza Eleganza. If memory serves we got the local Houston news and the IRS involved.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 3:02 PM

R3 hilarious

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 3:02 PM

Remember the one where someone wrote an EST about a family member or friend not allowing them to bring his partner to her wedding? DL sleuths found the Facebook (or wedding) page of the woman from hints about the location. DL flooded her with insults and ridicule before finding out it wasn't the right woman. There were some regrets, like, "this is why we can't have nice things" and "this is why they don't like us."

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 3:05 PM

Yesterday I sent a message through the White House Contact Us page and wrote a scathing disparagement about the disaster that is the lying orange pile of shit and demanded his resignation. Somehow I managed to do it without including any swear words.

I invite you all to do the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 3:08 PM

That naked hipster guy who baked ended up posting here after I presume he received a flood of DL feedback -- not all of it positive, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 3:08 PM

Didn't she have a blog called Six in the City, R2?

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 3:15 PM

[quote]That naked hipster guy who baked ended up posting here after I presume he received a flood of DL feedback -- not all of it positive, I imagine.

He figured out we were posting about him based on the IP logs at his blog. And yes, he was rather indignant.

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 3:16 PM

R5: I laughed when I saw one of the comments on her Instagram was from someone with Helen Lawson's face for their profile photo

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 3:28 PM

I was mentioning some of this on the Erna is dead thread.

I remember a few times where DL'ers ended up either on the wedding websites or the registry of some various married or engaged couples.

And I remember DL'ers comment bombing the pretentious hipster couple's blog??.......Bee and Bird?

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 3:33 PM

R14 I wanna hear more about that one.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 4:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 4:07 PM

That is gayest face I think I have ever seen

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 4:11 PM

Have DLers ever paid a visit to the Websleuth ladies?

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 4:38 PM

No need, R18. They all come here.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 4:58 PM

You were already told this on the "Erna has died" thread, OP, which is what you copied to pollute Datalounge with more redundancies and get those desperate drops of attention from other people's work again.

Just kill yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 5:02 PM

R20 I've seen you on other threads. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 5:40 PM

I went to Marshall Fields

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 5:44 PM

DL field trip ideas:

The Brady Bunch house

Riker's Island

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 5:48 PM

R23 That's what I thought. I clapped my hands in delight and wondered where we might all go to together. Rikers island is a great idea.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 6:14 PM

R12, I recall he was not happy that posters were being critical of hygiene issues re: his baking, i.e. chest or pube hair ending up in a pie!

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 7:50 PM

r24 I don't think Mama's mussy would survive a trip to Riker's.

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 8:42 PM

I'm sure it would thrive R26

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 11:48 PM

I remember one from 2006 or 2007 where DL'ers descended on a woman's bridal registry with snark and criticism, only for the woman to respond with kindness and humor. IIRC, we all pitched in for a gift her her and her husband.

by Anonymousreply 28August 2, 2020 12:00 AM

OP is talking about websites, not physical locations.

by Anonymousreply 29August 2, 2020 12:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!