Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are so many of these "Recent" threads actually threads started years ago?

The last six I've opened are from 2015 to 2018. What's up with that? I'm new here and I don't get it. If the thread died years ago, why try to bring it back to life? Why not start a new thread with a new angle that might draw in new comments?

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 5:58 PM

there is a thread bump queen on the loose around here. It annoys many of us. Many have speculated as to the reasoning

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 2:16 PM

Some have observed that the 2015 bump troll is a Trump supporter who bumps threads from 2015 (before Trump’s presidency) whenever a particularly bad spate of negative Trump emerges, i.e., every few days, in order to move negative Trump thread lower on the DL page.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 2:18 PM

Some have speculated it's a Trump shill pushing bad news for Plumpy off the page so it bumps up old threads to push those down.

Could even be Matt's antics, too.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 2:19 PM

These "bumped" threads seem to come in waves I notice. In particular, it usually coincides with as others have noted up thread with any bad news for Trump. There was one time (last election year?) when one particular person bumped threads constantly, overwhelming the site with extremely old threads. It almost took over DL and no one could stop it it seemed. I haven't seen anything as bad as back then.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 2:33 PM

The bump queen usually bumps threads with intriguing titles (eg, "I'm obsessed with a married co-worker. Need advice!") They tend to be click-baity

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 2:41 PM

Some have speculated it is an insane demon filled with demonic energy that is bumping threads because it gives him power that he can use to flood the stock market with evil and thus destroy society.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 2:47 PM

Read and heed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 3:24 PM

I am wondering if the Thread Bump Troll is the reason you can't find old threads on Google any longer.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 3:24 PM

R7 That was so complicated, I gave up midway through it. I'm not smart enough to understand it but thank you for posting it.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 3:39 PM

Boris doesn't want Trump's treason and child rape to trend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 5:04 PM

I have the Idiot Thread Bumper on "ignore," but unfortunately that doesn't stop those threads from showing up when the next person adds on to them. So if you're responding to or posting on these bumped threads-- YOU are part of the problem. Stop enabling him.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 5:13 PM

Here is another click-baity 2015 thread: "My bottom FB is a racist. Is that a deal breaker?"

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 5:22 PM

R12, does he have “a” Facebook?

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 5:35 PM

FF the pre-trump 2015 thread bumper

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 5:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!