Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beyond 'he' and 'she': 1 in 4 LGBTQ youths use nonbinary pronouns

[quote] The survey also found that 4 percent of respondents use "neopronouns," including ze/zir, xe/xim and fae/faer, or combinations of the terms with other pronouns.

[quote] refusing to use neopronouns IS misgendering. not everyone like they/them pronouns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 5:57 PM

[quote]1 in 4 LGBT

[bold]Translation[/bold]: none of them were gay people..

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 1:49 PM

The next generation are crazy

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 1:51 PM

1 in 4 LGBTQ youths = turd / tard

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 1:52 PM

Welcome to 2020, when not wanting to wear a pink tutu or play with Tonka trucks triggers an identity crisis, the denial of biological sex and the insistence that others rework language and grammar to cushion us from self harm.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 3:00 PM

[quote] refusing to use neopronouns IS misgendering. not everyone like they/them pronouns.

I tell my non-binary students I am always happy to use they/them, but if they want me to use neopronouns then I will refer to them only by their names. Life is too short to play people's little games.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 3:02 PM

I dont mind the "they" stuff too much, but the "xir"/"neo-pronouns" is complete bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 3:03 PM

[quote] ze/zir, xe/xim and fae/faer

This kind of stuff is the nose ring or tongue stud of the 2020s... when they grow up, 99% of will at least put it behind them and a big chunk of them will embarrassed they ever did it to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 3:05 PM

I think it's great. Leave the youth alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 3:07 PM

It's going to be their world, and they'll shape however they want. That said, I've never heard of "neo-pronouns" before. I don't think I like them much, but I'm old, and no one cares what I think.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 3:12 PM

Just refer to everyone as SIR or MADAM and watch the sparks fly.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 3:43 PM

The survey was done by The Trevor Project. They do good work with the kids, but you think there could possibly be an agenda there?

Show me a survey not done by an LGBTQIAALMNOP organization that isn't heavily invested in inflating the numbers of the population they serve, and we'll talk.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 5:05 PM

kids are stupid

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 5:07 PM

In ten years most of them will be in her relationships with kids

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 5:11 PM

[quote] fae/faer

No. Someone wants Xe/Zir whatever Its not my issue. But I don't think I'd be able to respect someones right to want to identify as magical elf without laughing halfway through. Its the same as those pretentious lesbians that want to be called Sapphics.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 5:18 PM

It's a fad.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 5:22 PM

[quote]1 in 4 LGBTQ youths use nonbinary pronouns

3 in 4 DLers don't care.

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 5:27 PM

cunt/bastard are my pronouns

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 5:35 PM

Drop this alphabet shit and just say gay.

In fact, ban all human sexuality other than homosexuality. This is non-negotiable.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 5:42 PM

Fucker is the pronoun they'll get from me.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 5:50 PM

My g-nd-r is bitch, my pronouns are "fuck," "you," and "asshole."

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 5:52 PM

How about just a genderless “it” for these morons...

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 5:53 PM

Agreed. Call them all "Cousin It."

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 5:55 PM

Well, teenagers change their mind all the time.

But i find difficult to believe these polls. I remember a recent one that said that almost 50% teens in Uk identify as not straight, and i have a really hard time to believe that specially when a good percentage of gays and lesbians don't fully accept themselves till they are in college

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 5:56 PM

This hilarious comedy skit reveals the inanity of these made-up pronouns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 5:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!