Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Time to Re-Visit Difficult People

I started re-watching Difficult People on HULU....it is so funny in parts and so politically incorrect. Billy and Julie must be DL posters. I just watched the one where Andy Cohen had a brief cameo, even Andy was funny, he should hire them as writers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2021 10:09 AM

I revisit difficult people every time I type datalounge.com into my web browser.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 12:07 PM

Great show. My favorite episode was Mulaney as a gay old-timey (I won't spoil what else we discover about his character). Absolutely perfect casting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 12:40 PM

I saw a couple random bits from the first season and didn't take to it instantly, but at some point I gave it a proper try and quite liked it. Some parts are slow or don't really work well for me (the cafe scenes, Julie's mother, as examples) but some ridiculous things do work: Julie's PBS development boyfriend, and the more casual conversations between the two leads where they mostly disregard that the other is there. And some of the quick and complicated plots like the old-timey boyfriend are very funny.

Aside from the torture of a few seconds of Billy on the Street or whatever it's called, I barely knew who Eichner was, but I liked him in this In the way that I like Larry Sanders for playing, well, Larry Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 3:04 PM

I have just started watching DP and loving it! It is screamingly funny and Eichner is so cute.

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2021 9:42 AM

I love the running gag of Eichner insulting Cole Escola's character in the most homophobic of ways.

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2021 10:04 AM

Love the one where the casting agency mistakes Julie as a retard, because she tries out an Australian accent for the audition (dig at all the Australian actors getting high profile gigs in the US?).

Or the one about New Jersey.

Or the one guest starring Nathan Lane where they try to get famous by creating a viral social media challenge meme.

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2021 10:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!