Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeffrey Epstein’s mansion is for sale

I’m surprised they listed it publicly. Is it true it’s the largest mansion in the UES? It’s an architectural treasure. I don’t think this place will ever be clean or cleansed to be fit to be lived in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2020 1:39 AM

3 pics is hardly going to cut it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 6:02 AM

I tried to find more pics @R1 I would to see more because of the history of the house(pre Epstein)

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 6:05 AM

Tasteless enemies, what do we think of Rapo McSleaze’s chamber of horrors?

Would the jism ever be completely purged from the floors and wainscoting?

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 6:07 AM

It should be turned into a treatment center for sexual abuse victims.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 6:09 AM

You "don't think that the place will ever be clean or cleansed to live in." How does anybody know what went on in a place they lived before they lived there unless they are the original tenant? Hire an exorcist or shaman or whatever your belief system holds and don't worry about it.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 6:10 AM

That comment was directed to the real estate agent/website R2 - not you at all. To the listing agent - 3 pics for a house of that value is simply not enough and is ridiculous.

Yes I would be interested to see more of the house too.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 6:22 AM

88 MILLION DOLLARS. Virgin Pussy Is A Gold Mine. Some men paid dearly just to pop a cherry.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 6:26 AM

R7, I'm pretty sure a lot of that money also came from blackmail.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 6:28 AM

He apparently paid Wexner one dollar for it. No one is quite certain of how he came to own it. Also, last July it was $77 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 6:31 AM

That listing is a mess - only 3 pics as already noted, and described as "Studio,1 Bath, 28,000 sq ft, 6 stories"

Looks nice from what little I can see especially the one interior shot, but a bit out of budget for me, never mind the previous owner. If I could rark up the cash from the floor of my car and whatevers gone down the back of the sofa I'd snap it up

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 6:57 AM

His Palm Beach house was listed at the same time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 7:38 AM

Formally known as "The 1933 Herbert Straus Mansion -- No. 9 East 71st Street"

Herbert Straus was the son of Isidor and Ida Straus of the R. H. Macy & Co. department store fame. Sadly his parents both perished on the Titanic, Mrs. Straus is remembered particuarly because she wouldn't get into lifeboat, but went to her husband and said "where you go, I go", or words to that affect. The couple were last seen on deck of Titanic holding hands......

Unlike mansions of Vanderbilt family and others that lined Fifth or Madison avenue, homes on UES side streets tended to be left alone, that is not torn down and lots redeveloped into multifamily. This did happen on some of the major cross streets like East 72nd or East 79th, and or on corner lots, but overall plenty remains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 8:04 AM

My husband went to school there, back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 8:52 AM

I don't think he brought chicks back to the NY mansion. He was raping them in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 9:27 AM

If I had that kind of money I'd offer half the price instantly and wait. Whoever buys it will probably get it for a steal due to its history. Very hard for people to look past that which I think is just stupid. Come on, he was a pedophile, not a demon. There are no ghosts and evil spirits lurking about. How many opportunities will you have to get your hands on such a property in that location?

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 9:38 AM

What will it cost to get all the sticky out? ew

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 10:50 AM

Are we sure the blackmail videos have been cleared out from all the hidey holes?

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 11:00 AM

That house gon' have some real bad juju - seems like a job for Tangina

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 2:25 PM

Aren't Real Estate agents required to disclose any facts that might affect the value of the property? Not mentioning the fact that the prior owner was Epstein seems shady.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 2:36 PM

R19, anyone wealthy enough to plunk down for that property will be aware of that fact. And the brokers and lawyers involved in the sale would disclose it. Nobody wants to be sued over it at a later date.

It’s been on the news, it’s not some closely-guarded secret, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 3:35 PM

[quote] Is it true it’s the largest mansion in the UES?

No, there are many that are larger.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 3:53 PM

His house reminds me of the one Sydney Pollack's character lived in in Eyes Wide Shut. I do believe that Kubrick fashioned that character after Epstein. That whole movie is about Epstein and his secret society, which Kubrick certainly knew about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 4:03 PM

Kubrick knew what was going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 4:03 PM

Top five largest mansions in Manhattan, NY; none of them are currently used as a private residence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 5:51 PM

By most accounts largest detached house (or mansion) used as a private residence is 351 Riverside Drive on UWS, aka "Schinasi House ".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 5:54 PM

R23, what was the point in stating that and then posting a picture of Epstein without context? We know what that fucker looks like.

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 7:08 PM

I bet it is full of hidden cameras, recording devices, secret rooms, secret tunnels.

by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2020 7:29 PM

You'd have to have been living under a rock this past year or so not to know former owner of this mansion.

Besides anyone playing at this level of real estate knows or should know all about history of any property they are considering. If they don't that is what you pay staff and others to find out.

If the blogger for website Daytonian in Manhattan can research history of NYC properties both still standing and long gone (including any dirt), it shouldn't be that difficult for anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 28July 31, 2020 7:43 PM

Here is another picture from the sun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 31, 2020 7:45 PM

Waaaaaaay too much teen pussy in and out of that place for me to ever be comfortable there. I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 30July 31, 2020 7:47 PM

[quote] Come on, he was a pedophile

No he was not. He was a pederast. There are no reports of him molesting pre-pubescent girls.

by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2020 8:00 PM

No, he was not a pederast.

Epstein was an ephebophile.

by Anonymousreply 32July 31, 2020 8:34 PM

Do we know who Epstein's heirs are?

Also, will they hose down the rape room before the new buyer moves in?

by Anonymousreply 33July 31, 2020 8:37 PM

r15, You seem to be forgetting that there isn't a single Middle Eastern potentate or Chinese billionaire that would hesitate for a nanosecond over the history of this house. They might try to get a knockdown price simply because they think they can, but there will be a market for this house, history notwithstanding.

Among the M.E. billionaires, what Epstein did is known as 'daily life with the underage harem', and the Chinese use child slave labour all the time and I'm sure won't blink an eye.

by Anonymousreply 34July 31, 2020 8:44 PM

R34

Oh I don't know........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 31, 2020 8:58 PM

"Come on, he was a pedophile, not a demon. There are no ghosts and evil spirits lurking about."

I wouldn't buy the place if I thought $88 mil was pocket change and wanted to live in NYC for some reason, but not because I'm afraid of ghosts or boogeymen. No, I'd be afraid of real-world security risks.

The place won't just attract gawkers, it'd attract freelance reporters and schizophrenics and "investigators" who believe in Qanon theories, and who think they can get the goods on Bill Clinton or Donald Trump if they can just have a snoop around your basement. Worse, some former associate of Epstein might think that the film of that last party at Epstein's island might be hidden somewhere in your lovely new house, and he'd send over some people who'd know exactly how to deal with your security system.

by Anonymousreply 36July 31, 2020 10:05 PM

That $88 million is just an opening number; highly doubt they will get anything near; especially in current market as things are with covid-19.

With international travel on lock-down even if a foreign person wanted to buy the place he or she would have to settle for a virtual showing as they cannot get to NYC and see in person.

It will take a long time for this property to live down Jeffrey Epstein's name. Who wants the bother and drama of having to deal with media and other notoriety? Someone buys this place and at every drinks party, event, or whatever soon as address is mentioned first come the side eye glances, then all sorts of prurient remarks or questions.

Significant if all proceeds from sale of all Jeffrey Epstein's properties are going into victims compensation fund. That is something else any potential buyer must be aware of and digest.

by Anonymousreply 37July 31, 2020 11:08 PM

"One of my business associates here in Russia is interested in purchasing it as an investment. I hope the washing machines are big enough to launder money."

--Translated from Russian by Google Translate

by Anonymousreply 38July 31, 2020 11:19 PM

i’m surprised he had a larger mansion than the Lauder family

by Anonymousreply 39July 31, 2020 11:24 PM

Any future buyer will hide behind 15 separate corporate entities and it will take years to work out who they are.

by Anonymousreply 40July 31, 2020 11:25 PM

If I had 88M, I'd be in a nice house surrounded by nature. I have no desire to live like that in NY

by Anonymousreply 41August 1, 2020 1:55 AM

R29 I see from the pics the FBI damaged the front door getting in, but I can fix that sort of thing, I'm pretty handy. I like the interior, but that stuffed tiger would have to go, along with the painting featured. Still comes down to money, I've scratched around down the back of the couch and didnt find $88 million, but I still need to clean out the floor of my wagon, you never know

by Anonymousreply 42August 1, 2020 3:52 PM

They're going to have a job selling off that Epstein mansion.

Market was swinging away from these huge piles even before convid-19 panic; and there aren't any signs things are going to change soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 4, 2020 9:25 PM

oh the ENTIRE kitchen has to be torn out, the master suite is WAY too small, and where am I going to entertaiiiiiiiiiiiin??? WE LIKE TO ENTERTAIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!”

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2020 12:58 AM

R44 made me LOL.

I wonder if I’m the only person who looks at a nice house (or person) and just accepts it as it is. It’s funny, but high maintenance people really hate that.

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2020 1:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!