Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen DeGeneres addresses workplace toxicity allegations, takes 'responsibility': 'My name is on the show'

Ellen DeGeneres broke her silence about alleged workplace toxicity at the Ellen DeGeneres Show. In a staff letter obtained by the Hollywood Reporter, the 30-time Emmy winner said she takes “responsibility” as the program bears her name and said changes are forthcoming.

“Hey everybody — it’s Ellen. On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would be a place of happiness — no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect. Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case,” she began. “And for that, I am sorry. Anyone who knows me knows it’s the opposite of what I believe and what I hoped for our show.”

In a Buzzfeed report published earlier this month, one current and 10 former employees claimed the workplace environment was one one of racism, fear and intimidation. They largely pointed the finger at the program’s three executive producers — Ed Glavin, Mary Connelly and Andy Lassner — but noted the responsibility ultimately falls on the talk show host. This week, Variety reported the show was under internal investigation by WarnerMedia.

“I could not have the success I’ve had without all of your contributions. My name is on the show and everything we do and I take responsibility for that,” DeGeneres acknowledged. “Alongside Warner Bros., we immediately began an internal investigation and we are taking steps, together, to correct the issues. As we’ve grown exponentially, I’ve not been able to stay on top of everything and relied on others to do their jobs as they knew I’d want them done. Clearly some didn’t. That will now change and I’m committed to ensuring this does not happen again.”

DeGeneres continued, “I’m also learning that people who work with me and for me are speaking on my behalf and misrepresenting who I am and that has to stop. As someone who was judged and nearly lost everything for just being who I am, I truly understand and have deep compassion for those being looked at differently, or treated unfairly, not equal, or — worse — disregarded. To think that any one of you felt that way is awful to me.”

The 62-year-old comedian promised to do her part moving forward.

“It’s been way too long, but we’re finally having conversations about fairness and justice. We all have to be more mindful about the way our words and actions affect others, and I’m glad the issues at our show were brought to my attention. I promise to do my part in continuing to push myself and everyone around me to learn and grow,” she says. “It’s important to me and to Warner Bros. that everyone who has something to say can speak up and feels safe doing so.

“I am so proud of the work we do and the fun and joy we all help put out in the world. I want everyone at home to love our show and I want everyone who makes it to love working on it,” DeGeneres concludes. “Again, I’m so sorry to anyone who didn’t have that experience. If not for COVID, I’d have done this in person, and I can’t wait to be back on our stage and see you all then.”

The Hollywood Reporter claims the internal investigation is largely complete, although what will happen is unclear. The report cites two sources who claim that executive producer Glavin is one of the employees who will be fired.

“Once he’s out, it will be like a new day,” a source close to the show told THR. The insider also alleged DeGeneres was “largely kept shielded from Glavin’s day-to-day handling or mishandling of the staff. Others are expected to be out as well.”

All three EP’s named in Buzzfeed’s report issued a joint statement earlier this month: “Over the course of nearly two decades, 3,000 episodes, and employing over 1,000 staff members, we have strived to create an open, safe, and inclusive work environment. We are truly heartbroken and sorry to learn that even one person in our production family has had a negative experience. It’s not who we are and not who we strive to be, and not the mission Ellen has set for us.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440September 22, 2020 8:17 PM

A Warner Bros. spokesperson told THR the company and DeGeneres “take the recent allegations around the show’s workplace culture very seriously.”

“We hoped to determine the validity and extent of publicly reported allegations and to understand the full breadth of the show’s day-to-day culture. As a result, WarnerMedia interviewed dozens of current and former employees about the environment at The Ellen DeGeneres Show. It was important to both Warner Bros. and Ellen that as many people as possible attached to the program could be heard. The Ellen DeGeneres Show is, and has always strived to be, a place that brings positivity to the world,” the statement read. “And though not all of the allegations were corroborated, we are disappointed that the primary findings of the investigation indicated some deficiencies related to the show’s day-to-day management. We have identified several staffing changes, along with appropriate measures to address the issues that have been raised, and are taking the first steps to implement them. Warner Bros. and Ellen DeGeneres are all committed to ensuring a workplace based on respect and inclusion. We are confident this course of action will lead us to the right way forward for the show.”

DeGeneres has not issued a formal statement. The show did not respond to Yahoo Entertainment’s request for comment.

The leaked letter comes amid a wave of unflattering press. Australian radio host Neil Breen recently recalled a “bizarre” encounter from 2013 when he was told by Ellen DeGeneres Show producers not to look at her ahead of an interview.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 2:59 AM

She just needs to quit, already.

Bitch is cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 2:59 AM

Poor Portia sucking this nasty hypocritical cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 3:00 AM

She better be telling the truth or the leaks will start immediately. Maybe she’s being set up by Warner’s, knowing the leaks will start immediately, so they let her hang herself so they can then sever the relationship. This statement is pretty definitively saying it wasn’t me. She’s either safe or she’s ruined.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 3:03 AM

She's ghastly looking.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 3:04 AM

C U'all Next Tuesday

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 3:12 AM

She's throwing producers under the bus when she is the awful person.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 3:18 AM

She's a comic. Comics are all dark, haunted, mean, terrible people.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 3:21 AM

I caught a few minutes of it today and it gave me a headache, all that screaming. So insultingly dumb.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 3:28 AM

This bitch. I hope R4 is right and this isn't a sign they renegotiated her contract (because this was always about the $$$.) She has more money than she could ever spend. Why not gracefully slink away?

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 3:34 AM

Yay, Team Ellen. Rest of you can pound sand.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 3:36 AM

[quote] She's throwing producers under the bus when she is the awful person.

We'll soon see.

As others here have said, those producers won't sit still for it if she's lying.

And someone here is definitely lying.

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 3:38 AM

Someone has been coming for her for a long time now. They aren’t going to stop until she’s done. She has a lot of money. Why does she need this headache? Just end the show and spend the rest of her days chowing Portia’s box and flipping mansions.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 3:40 AM

You're mean nasty b****. I figured you throw other people under the bus. You can helped created that hostile environment. Celebrities need to boycotting her show. If anybody needs to be cancelled it's her.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 3:44 AM

Wow, don’t zoom in on the pic OP posted unless you want to be horrified!😳

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 3:47 AM

I had no idea she was so wrinkled.

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 3:50 AM

This is not sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 3:50 AM

Don't look at me. Don't talk to me. How is that promoting a place of happiness? You're so full of s***, you wrinkled old keebler elf.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 3:53 AM

Ellen is an evil woman who drinks to the point of blackouts. She probably doesn’t remember half of her actions. A sick woman.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 3:56 AM

Her face looks like it was hastily stitched on after being removed from an unwilling serf donor.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 4:00 AM

Typical managers, they never have any idea what is going on.

I recall we had a manager eventually dismissed for sexual harassment and the board claims they had no idea, despite my memos, emails and notes that recorded I spoke to the board regarding that issue.

Of course the members bought it, despite proof the board acted in conjunction and tacitly approved of the harassment by not stopping it.

Then they paid the claimant out, which was paid by insurance, and swept it under the rug and a few years later it happened all again and yet the board STILL KNOWS NOTHING.

I tell you if memory is anything it certainly is convenient.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 4:06 AM

"Anyone who knows me knows it’s the opposite of what I believe and what I hoped for our show.”

As Dakota Johnson would say, "Actually, that's not true, Ellen."

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 4:17 AM

Tomorrow on Ellen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 4:22 AM

Phony bitch. She should be cancelled. You treat people like shit then you own up to it you cunt. It's not hard.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 4:23 AM

And I'm sorry the whole don't look at me, don't talk to me unless I talk to you, I have a sensitive nose is fucking bullying. You are up front making people feel uncomfortable at their job. Fuck you hard with unlubricated dildo Ellen!!! Nasty horrible bitch.

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 4:26 AM

This why Hollywood sucks - the hardworking producer’s career and life is destroyed because a more powerful, evil person needs to survive. What a wretched business. Why would anyone want to be part of that?

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 4:30 AM

That is one disturbing looking broad. Whoo faa!

by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2020 4:33 AM

We forgive you Ellen. Thank you for turning this into a positive learning moment for Hollywood.

Now let's all move on.

by Anonymousreply 28July 31, 2020 4:37 AM

I dunno.

She sounds pretty sincere.

by Anonymousreply 29July 31, 2020 4:37 AM

Are you kidding? She takes ZERO responsibility, and it's all her. She's a fucking wacko, who terrorizes her staff like Rosie O'Bumble did.

by Anonymousreply 30July 31, 2020 4:39 AM

That letter represents everything I hate about Ellen. SHE created the culture on her show and worked extremely closely with all the producers. She constantly was a dick on set. Her stupidity is apparent along with her fake cliches about being kind to one another. She is a nasty alcoholic CUNT

by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2020 4:42 AM

How do you know that for sure, R31?

Unless you are some kind of insider, you wouldn't/couldn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 32July 31, 2020 4:43 AM

Read for yourself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 31, 2020 4:46 AM

Waaah, Ellen was mean to me!

by Anonymousreply 34July 31, 2020 4:47 AM

Working for Martha Stewart was far worse than working for Ellen, and then she went to prison and it changed her. I think this scandal will have a similar effect on Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 35July 31, 2020 4:53 AM

I hope they start doing investigations into the straight whitesmen’s shows too. They must be 10x worse because they’re staffed by frat guys. Don’t just target Ellen and her largely gay staff.

by Anonymousreply 36July 31, 2020 4:54 AM
by Anonymousreply 37July 31, 2020 4:56 AM

The jig is up for Ellen. Her show was a glorified commercial for products. It all was a scam and the people who worked with her reflect her values - indifference and greed.

by Anonymousreply 38July 31, 2020 5:02 AM

The management will have to go. And one of their jobs is to fall on their sword when the heat is on the big star talent, like Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 39July 31, 2020 5:04 AM

How is it possible that she "didn't know" about the fact that, magically, no one on the crew ever looked at her, much less ever spoke to her, day in, day out?

And that atmosphere was what she presumed was somehow "a place of happiness"?

She's full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 40July 31, 2020 5:05 AM

There has been a lot of talk on this site that Ellen was a nightmare and her show a snakepit. She fostered this environment. It had been going on a long time. Now she pulls the Miss Innocent act. What a wretched individual and again DL knew.

by Anonymousreply 41July 31, 2020 5:07 AM

She’s the one responsible for getting these poor people fired for just looking at her. People were terrified even to accidentally make eye contact with her.Her statement is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 42July 31, 2020 5:08 AM

We've got a special surprise for you today, Ellen.

Shutterfly.com is going to give you a kick in the cunt.

It's worth untold millions of dollars to the people who know you and know that you're a miserable asshole and hypocrite.

Thank you, Shutterfly! Be kind, everybody!

by Anonymousreply 43July 31, 2020 5:09 AM

R40 you would be amazed at how far removed #1 on the call sheet is from just about everything. They just show up, perform, and then go back to their trailers. Not defending Ellen, because she has a long history of being a cunt, but I would bet a year of OP's salary that she has no clue what's going on with the crew.

by Anonymousreply 44July 31, 2020 5:10 AM

The gay community is really a bunch of pussies. Oh wow Ellen’s rude sometimes. Thats really something that should be a cancellable offense.

It’s like She’s Weinstein only worse.

by Anonymousreply 45July 31, 2020 5:12 AM

R45 = Ellen, waking up after passing out drunk before dinner. But I'll indulge her.

There is "rude sometimes," and there is a being a chronic sadistic asshole.

The "gay community" tends not to support people who are humorless, self-important jerks.

by Anonymousreply 46July 31, 2020 5:18 AM

God, Ellen really looks terrible. And fuck her, acting as if these allegations are somehow new and shocking.

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2020 5:22 AM

R46, She’s a chronic sadistic asshole because she scares people and invites audience members to play games? Or because she doesn’t have a smile each second and become best friends with the low level staffers and interns got it.

The male hosts aren’t friends with the interns either unless hey want to fuck them.

She’s being held to a higher standard because gays are out to get her.

by Anonymousreply 48July 31, 2020 5:22 AM

R46, She’s a chronic sadistic asshole because she scares people and invites audience members to play games? Or because she doesn’t have a smile each second and become best friends with the low level staffers and interns got it.

The male hosts aren’t friends with the interns either unless hey want to fuck them.

She’s being held to a higher standard because gays are out to get her.

by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2020 5:22 AM

Gays are bizzare online. They’re like 10 year old girls. Gay youtubers get cancelled for the most bizzare small things. They just love drama.

Fortunately Ellen’s frau fans love her and don’t care what some gay gossip hounds say

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2020 5:26 AM

The "my name is on the show" line is about the saddest attempt ever to "assume responsibility" for things.

by Anonymousreply 51July 31, 2020 5:35 AM

She might have handled it better, but I can't disagree with what she's asking. She’s got a lot on his plate, and she doesn't want to be disturbed just prior to showtime. Who would want to be? She could have been nicer about it, but I don't disagree with what she's asking

by Anonymousreply 52July 31, 2020 5:38 AM

Blood in the water. The SJWs will annihilate her now. She should have remained silent.

by Anonymousreply 53July 31, 2020 5:47 AM

J. Fred Muggs molested me during one of Mama's appearances on the Today Show.

by Anonymousreply 54July 31, 2020 5:55 AM

I think the guy causing the problems has a dad who does Focus on the Family stuff? And if it is the same guy, he has a partner.

Whatever problems Ellen causes, I think this is the guy who's going down, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 55July 31, 2020 6:01 AM

If this goes badly, Ellen may have to trade in her Portia for a used Buick.

by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2020 6:12 AM

R29 is a fucking frau.

by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2020 6:31 AM

The show isn't going to come back. Drew Barrymore's show will be the new focus.

by Anonymousreply 58July 31, 2020 6:58 AM

The problem is that haters could not make anything stick if none of it were true.

Ellen is not a happy, or kind, person. Her downfall is that she didn't hire people to keep her show strictly professional. You can be a total cunt, but still keep people between you and the staff, as buffer, to remain professional.

by Anonymousreply 59July 31, 2020 7:06 AM

Kevin Leman is cute at least. Creeper, but cute.

by Anonymousreply 60July 31, 2020 7:26 AM

I’m surprised about the Kevin Leman stuff. He’s appeared on her show over the years and always seemed kind of sweet. I thought he was married or had a serious longterm boyfriend?

Now his career is going to be destroyed for asking top or bottom and pointing at a few bulges?

You really do have to watch what you say these days.

I do believe she didn’t necessarily know Kevin was asking top or bottom about random staffers. That seems like something you wouldn’t do around an old lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 61July 31, 2020 7:47 AM

The thing is aren’t people like her so shielded from any semblance of reality whatsoever (I mean the bitch didn’t even want people looking at her) that it’s possible she really wouldn’t have much of a clue as to what was going on?

Of course that means she really didn’t give a fuck one way or the other, either.

The only interesting factor to me like some have said is the timing of this — why the sudden leaks and why now? What’s the real reason? Trying to lowball her in the age of the RONA?

by Anonymousreply 62July 31, 2020 7:54 AM

This has been going on for a while now, R62. The infamous NYT "Ellen Degeneres Isn't As Nice As You Think" article was two years ago, and talk had already been swirling before that as well. It seemed like the article and her stand-up were both intended to address the constant rumors of her meanness.

by Anonymousreply 63July 31, 2020 7:58 AM

R63 yeah but she was Teflon and it never stuck. Now it has really snowballed and...its sticking. That’s something the media decides.

by Anonymousreply 64July 31, 2020 8:01 AM

I agree that it didn't stick before, but I think part of the reason it didn't stick is because she was trying to capitalize on it, using the "I'm not so nice" thing to make herself look like an edgy stand-up comedian. When that didn't pan out, she lost control of the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2020 8:07 AM

Celebs hire people to be the bad guy and keep people away from the celeb with over the top demands like "don't look celeb in the eye!", so the celeb can go "Oh, I swear! I didn't know this was happening!" when some kind of backlash occurs. It's like when someone from the celeb's entourage takes the rap for drugs being found at celeb's place or in celeb's car or luggage.

Of course, Ellen knew what's going on. She has assistants, they tell her stuff. She was at the meetings and condoned that inappropriate banter and maybe even encouraged it.

It's all about shifting responsibility while looking great for claiming to take responsibility by leading an investigation ... away from her being guilty or at least part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 66July 31, 2020 8:08 AM

Is she panicking yet? Must be a glorious "take me home, Jesus" moment for her oppressed stuff to witness.

by Anonymousreply 67July 31, 2020 8:19 AM

[quote] Now his career is going to be destroyed for asking top or bottom and pointing at a few bulges?

[quote] You really do have to watch what you say these days.

Well, DUH! Who could ever think that's an appropriate thing to say or do in a professional work environment?

I think that because Ellen is a lesbian and it's a gay friendly environment, people became too comfortable. They felt as though they could just say or do anything.

Wrong. The workplace is the workplace, and people will claim harassment at the drop of a hat.

We're at the point where you can't do or say anything at work, that isn't work related.

by Anonymousreply 68July 31, 2020 8:23 AM

I remember hearing whispers about Ellen being a nightmare ten years ago. It's an open secret ala Weinstein or Spacey.

R61 you shouldnt treat the workplace like a Grindr conversation. I'm sure most of us have said things like Kevin did (I know I have) BUT NOT AT WORK.

by Anonymousreply 69July 31, 2020 8:26 AM

Ellen is a professional victim. Nothing is ever her fault.

by Anonymousreply 70July 31, 2020 8:52 AM

Her statement doesn't take responsibility at all.

Just tries to make out she wasn't responsible when many people's complaints were with her specifically.

by Anonymousreply 71July 31, 2020 9:04 AM

Why should anybody be surprised by toxic workplaces.

I worked for the Australian Federal Government. Under the Bob Hawke & Paul Keating era the workplace was outstanding. Voices were heard, opinions were taken on board.

That all changed under a couple of years after John Howard was elected in early 1996 (it takes a couple of years for it to snick into the various Government Departments). The rot not only continued by increased under Kevin Rudd, Julia 'Marriage is between a man and a woman' Gillard, Tony 'The Mad Monk' Abbott & Malcolm 'I don't have backbone' Turnbull. It naturally spread across the whole workforce during that time.

by Anonymousreply 72July 31, 2020 9:06 AM

Karen Kilgariff must be really tickled by all of this. Ellen royally f*cked her over years ago and she’s always been classy and kept her mouth shut about it.

by Anonymousreply 73July 31, 2020 9:09 AM

JUST DONT EVER LOOK 👀 AT ME

by Anonymousreply 74July 31, 2020 9:17 AM

“Responsibility” is the name of the flask her bourbon is in.

by Anonymousreply 75July 31, 2020 9:39 AM

If she wasn’t guilty she needs to step aside, be impartial and let them investigate. By her saying “she’s on top of things” means she’s still running the show and sweeping things under the carpet.

by Anonymousreply 76July 31, 2020 9:41 AM

I used to work for a UN agency and they really do all things by book to make it a good working environment. The policies are all there. However, I discovered, that you can't change human nature. People are just assholes.

by Anonymousreply 77July 31, 2020 9:45 AM

I honestly don’t think she’s always been this bad. There were people who worked with her back in the days of her sitcom who have said how much they liked her (Kathy Griffin was an exception).

Some have said the level of fame she achieved because of the talk show changed her; she became surrounded by yes-men, cut off from reality and grew too insular. You can definitely see an evolution in her demeanour and persona; she used to have a warmth about her that vanished right along with the colourful wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 78July 31, 2020 12:21 PM

She wasn't in a position to be a cunt back then.

Now she has the stature to be, so she is.

by Anonymousreply 79July 31, 2020 12:35 PM

Kathy knew all along she was a bag of shit.

by Anonymousreply 80July 31, 2020 12:35 PM

She's doubling down and putting all the blame and responsibility on her staff. No wonder they walk on eggshells. Gaslighter.

by Anonymousreply 81July 31, 2020 12:45 PM

This idea that this cunt didn't know what was going on is ridiculous. She CREATED the toxic atmosphere. It's her show. We're supposed to believe her producers are the only guilty parties--that she had no idea what was going on? If you buy this, that means you don't believe any of the many, many former employees who accuse her directly of vicious, nasty, dictatorial behavior. If you ever trouble to watch what a bitch she is TO HER OWN GUESTS, why the fuck would you believe she's not a bitch to the people who have to work for her?

She's not attempting responsibility. She's throwing others under the bus.

CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 82July 31, 2020 12:47 PM

She is going to fire her producers who are the people she told to act this way. It is no secret in hollywood Ellen is a mean nastry person but so was Seinfeld. He was even more shitty to people. The whole cast of his show was. I know people who worked on that show and were told the same thing. NEVER talk to the cast, don't even look at them.

by Anonymousreply 83July 31, 2020 12:50 PM

You only have to watch 15 minutes of her game show to see how much she enjoys humiliating people.

The genius of her is that she has found a way to get paid really well for doing it.

by Anonymousreply 84July 31, 2020 12:52 PM

Fuck that dyke and her fake apology.

by Anonymousreply 85July 31, 2020 12:54 PM

Fallon has the same “Don’t look at me” rule with his staff. I think it’s a clause in his contract.

by Anonymousreply 86July 31, 2020 12:56 PM

I may not believe a word of it, but it’s the right thing to say. It’s not a non-apology. It’s not a sorry if you’re offended.

But yeah, she should retire anyway. She has enough money.

by Anonymousreply 87July 31, 2020 12:59 PM

Gay people on twitter are always out for blood. Whether it’s Lea Michele or Now Ellen.

I would hate to be an entertainer that’s gay or has a big audience of gays. You can be cancelled for literally looking at someone the wrong way as Ellen is being. Gays are dramas queens and get off on bandwagoning.

by Anonymousreply 88July 31, 2020 1:04 PM

Whereas, the straight people are very kind.

by Anonymousreply 89July 31, 2020 1:07 PM

F&F R88.

by Anonymousreply 90July 31, 2020 1:08 PM

R89, No but gays have a special viciousness about them as anyone who has ever stepped into “Stan twitter” can attest to. If Theres not drama they’ll either make it up or get angry over the tiniest Things.

They tried to “cancel” her because she once didn’t say hello to a random security guard. Buzzfeed even wrote an article about it.

by Anonymousreply 91July 31, 2020 1:10 PM

Oh, R88! Who would want to live in a world without Ellen DeGeneres and Lea Michele?

by Anonymousreply 92July 31, 2020 1:11 PM

R92, Personally I am not a fan of either one, they’re just examples of this.

by Anonymousreply 93July 31, 2020 1:12 PM

R88 is an asshole I blocked agues ago.

by Anonymousreply 94July 31, 2020 1:12 PM

*ages

by Anonymousreply 95July 31, 2020 1:13 PM

Block me because I’m calling you mindless Biden buttlickers kn your hypocrisy and bandwagoning.

by Anonymousreply 96July 31, 2020 1:13 PM

How right you are, R84. In fact, I made a whole thread about it a while ago--with pictures!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 31, 2020 1:14 PM

The Biden Buttlickers? Hmmm...

If that's what it takes to get rid of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 31, 2020 1:15 PM

i keep hearing this "Biden is just as bad" or "two bad choices" No there is Trump and then a fucking turd on fire would be a better choice. Biden is an excellent candidate.

by Anonymousreply 99July 31, 2020 1:19 PM

Excuse me, but aren't R98/R99 on the wrong goddamn thread?

by Anonymousreply 100July 31, 2020 1:21 PM

Excuse me. R100, read R96.

by Anonymousreply 101July 31, 2020 1:22 PM

Back to the topic.

by Anonymousreply 102July 31, 2020 1:23 PM

That's why I blocked R88/R96--a shit stirrer. Just block like I did.

by Anonymousreply 103July 31, 2020 1:24 PM

Didn't realize she's had that much work done.

by Anonymousreply 104July 31, 2020 1:26 PM

R89, Straight people Don’t start lynchmobs against celebrities online because they believe They’re rude.

That’s strictly a gay thing.

by Anonymousreply 105July 31, 2020 1:29 PM

Biden diddles kiddies.

by Anonymousreply 106July 31, 2020 1:29 PM

And she STILL look awful!

by Anonymousreply 107July 31, 2020 1:30 PM

R98, Biden ain’t going to win honey.

by Anonymousreply 108July 31, 2020 1:31 PM

I guess it must be all that money that Portia (who seems like a decent, fun person) sees when she's in bed with Ellen, the Keebler elf.

by Anonymousreply 109July 31, 2020 1:33 PM

“ “ Call me naive, but I kind of expected to be welcomed with confetti cannons: 'Welcome to The Ellen DeGeneres Show!' But instead I was greeted by an angry intern who was a bit overworked," she said. "I was expecting a Disney show but got Teletubbies After Dark””

An example of Ellen’s rudeness against trans you to bet nikkie tutorials. She also made Nikkie use a public bathroom instead of giving her a private one.

An example of the gay lynchmob. Cancel her! She is a demon.

by Anonymousreply 110July 31, 2020 1:33 PM

I rarely look at her talk show, but did watch the 2017 episode celebrating the 20th anniversary of “The Puppy Episode”. Very self-congratulatory. Nobody she interviewed could talk about their experiences on the show, it all had to be “how did my coming out impact you” and “tell me how much I mean to you”. And when her former co-stars wheeled that cake out at the end to “surprise” her, she clearly was expecting it. You can’t tell me there isn’t one aspect of that show she doesn’t pre-approve.

by Anonymousreply 111July 31, 2020 1:34 PM

Of course, she pre-approves and knows everything that goes on. If we take at face value the argument she didn't know that there was this much toxic behnd-the-scenes abuse of staff, then she's EQUALLY to blame for that for being that blind. As she said--it's her show.

But of course, a lot of the charges of abuse are from people who encountered her directly.

by Anonymousreply 112July 31, 2020 1:37 PM

Senile Joe is a war criminal with the blood of a million children and women on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 113July 31, 2020 1:37 PM

HA HA I hope you all lose it because she isn't going to be cancelled.

There are crazy stories about her producers, didn't you click on those posts.

by Anonymousreply 114July 31, 2020 1:38 PM

“But of course, a lot of the charges of abuse are from people who encountered her directly.”

An example of this abuse is ignoring a security guard before her 2014 oscars gig and making NikkieTurotiials use a public bathroom instead of a private one like the a list YouTuber she is.

by Anonymousreply 115July 31, 2020 1:39 PM

And interviews with her former employees, Ellen--sorry, I mean R114!

by Anonymousreply 116July 31, 2020 1:40 PM

R116, Not talking time somebody is not abuse. I didn’t conversate with my Uber driver this morning. Did I mistreat him?

by Anonymousreply 117July 31, 2020 1:42 PM

I figure Cunt Ellen cunts regularly on Datalounge, but I didn't realize she'd be up this early doing it, especially after the hangover from the night before!

by Anonymousreply 118July 31, 2020 1:42 PM

The fact that buzzfeed Thought This was worthy of reporting makes all the allegations look suspect to me. They clearly have an agenda to take Ellen down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 31, 2020 1:44 PM

Thanks, Ellen, for taking such noble responsibility for your own show and getting your producers fired! Problem solved!

by Anonymousreply 120July 31, 2020 1:48 PM

“But of course, a lot of the charges of abuse are from people who encountered her directly”

What are they?

by Anonymousreply 121July 31, 2020 1:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 31, 2020 1:56 PM

R122, you call that abuse? You’re a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 123July 31, 2020 1:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 31, 2020 1:59 PM

R124, You think that is Ellen’s doing instead of the corporate entities that own the show and Ellen? Mmmkay.

by Anonymousreply 125July 31, 2020 2:00 PM

R124

And this is one of the worst things she did DURING A PANDEMIC.

by Anonymousreply 126July 31, 2020 2:01 PM

This woman might be the most detestable human alive, at least in comparison to her public image vs. who she really is-

Really disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 127July 31, 2020 2:01 PM

Contemptible is the word, R127.

by Anonymousreply 128July 31, 2020 2:02 PM

Oh, please, R127! On her very worst day, her WORST DAY, she cannot compare with Betsy DeVos or Elaine Chao or Liz Cheney or any of the Trump women.

No way. Not possible. And you look foolish making such a statement.

by Anonymousreply 129July 31, 2020 2:03 PM

R125 would have us believe Ellen has no control over the camera crew in her house, or who hires them--again, to be in her house.

by Anonymousreply 130July 31, 2020 2:03 PM

R130, I don’t think she wants that control. That is the problem buzzfeed has with her apparently. She puts it all in the hands of Ed Glavin and Andy Lassner.

by Anonymousreply 131July 31, 2020 2:05 PM

R131, she seems like she likes control.

by Anonymousreply 132July 31, 2020 2:06 PM

I love how r122 can’t find a single example of Ellen’s abuse so he posts that article. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 133July 31, 2020 2:07 PM

R133, isn't it all in that article posted at R122?

by Anonymousreply 134July 31, 2020 2:08 PM

R132, looks can be deceiving. She doesn’t even talk to low level staff let alone take the time out of her day to “ abuse” them.

Unless of course you think not talking to them is in itself abuse.

by Anonymousreply 135July 31, 2020 2:09 PM

R134, nope.

by Anonymousreply 136July 31, 2020 2:10 PM

Reminds me of what Lucie Arnaz said about her mother, when she blamed other. She said "that can't be correct, because no matter what, my mother was certainly and always in control. All she had to do was snap her fingers and it got done immediately."

by Anonymousreply 137July 31, 2020 2:10 PM

At the end of the day, an investigation has been launched on a hit show, literally namely hers, which is a very serious matter. And her name, as she says, is on the show, so she is responsible, at the end of the day.

Investigations like this don't come out of the blue, and if there weren't any complaints, there wouldn't be an investigation. As it turns out, there are many.

by Anonymousreply 138July 31, 2020 2:13 PM

R138, there’s an investigation because of all the buzzfeed hit pieces that have been coming out.

by Anonymousreply 139July 31, 2020 2:14 PM

Other places have been reporting on her, R139.

And an investigation of this nature, which is a legal investigation, has to occur because of more than just an internet "hit" piece, as you call it. If there was no credibility in the investigation, she could sue. Instead, she's being very "concerned" about it.

by Anonymousreply 140July 31, 2020 2:17 PM

R140, It seems pretty standard to investigate claims that are made in widely read buzzfeed pieces.

by Anonymousreply 141July 31, 2020 2:19 PM

R140, she has to pretend to be concerned about it l. The lgbtqppp lynchmob is out to get her.

by Anonymousreply 142July 31, 2020 2:20 PM

The investigation will be completed. A report with recommendations will be submitted. A lot of meaningless internal 'change' will occur. A few subordinate heads might roll. Official policies will change, a bit.

It will still be a hit daily show with a crushing production schedule that anyone in Hollywood would shoot their own mother to be a part of. But if you are a part of it, it will grind you into the dirt.

That's show biz, kids!

by Anonymousreply 143July 31, 2020 2:21 PM

The fact that claims are made in buzzfeed is enough to investigate. I don’t see how Ellen could have grounds to sue.

by Anonymousreply 144July 31, 2020 2:24 PM

If the allegations, of course you do the investigation.

Then you announce that the investigation did not substantiate the allegations.

The party making the allegations looks foolish.

You win.

by Anonymousreply 145July 31, 2020 2:29 PM

The investigation will show that Ellen created the hostile environment because producers were trying to please their cash cow Queen. “Don’t look at me but let me torment you peasant“. Burn in hell Ellen

by Anonymousreply 146July 31, 2020 2:39 PM

[quote] investigation has been launched on a hit show, literally namely hers, which is a very serious matter.

Ah no it's not. As I said prior, I've been a party to these investigations, in front of arbitrators and judges. In the end the companies have insurance and AT WORST all they have to do is pay them out and the problem goes away with neither side admitting blame. Then, to make matters worse, they have a built in excuse to deny pay raises and such because, "we had to spend a huge amount defending that 'ridiculous' lawsuit."

by Anonymousreply 147July 31, 2020 2:42 PM

Shade!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 31, 2020 2:43 PM

OP picture - how did she get so prune face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 31, 2020 2:56 PM

Sorry, Brad Garrett. But that's just not true.

If a show business working environment is a strong and positive one, that certainly comes from the top. But the show business default is a pit of unhappy vipers hissing and striking out at anyone in reach. In show business, the challenge is always to curb that shit and keep the focus on the work. If that is not enforced, then the unhappy vipers will be everywhere, just as matter of course.

by Anonymousreply 150July 31, 2020 3:11 PM

Is one of Ellen’s publicists defending her? Too late sister

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 31, 2020 3:12 PM

R128- You are correct- Beneath contempt.

by Anonymousreply 152July 31, 2020 3:16 PM

That's right, R151--one of Ellen's gay minions is doing overtime on DL.

by Anonymousreply 153July 31, 2020 3:17 PM

You don't go in front of the camera and make a teary apology if you're not worried about your bottom line. She's worried about her bottom line--proof this is a real investigation. Clearly, it's serious enough she's throwing her top producers under the bus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 31, 2020 3:19 PM

R154, She’s concerned about her public image.

by Anonymousreply 155July 31, 2020 3:22 PM

Can someone explain this business about celebrities not wanting anyone to look them in the eyes?

It seems so fucking bizarre! Like, over-the-top bizarre.

I can't imagine giving someone that order for myself, let alone even thinking it.

You would have to be a MAJOR TOOL to give an order like that.

by Anonymousreply 156July 31, 2020 3:27 PM

So with this investigation, can Ellen be sued for big bucks?

As in, lose her fortune type of money?

by Anonymousreply 157July 31, 2020 3:27 PM

Of course she is, R155--because her public image IS her livelihood.

by Anonymousreply 158July 31, 2020 3:30 PM

Here is the real letter:

Hey everyone - it’s Ellen. I am sorry I was such a CUNT. I am sorry that I scared you for my pleasure and degraded you. I am sorry that my alcoholic behavior and marriage problems put me in a constant foul mood. I am sorry that I let my producers abuse you. As an alcoholic, they are my biggest enablers. Our show is a fraud and I don’t even like our audiences. I hate them (and you). I am stepping away and retiring. Good luck (not that I care much about what happens to you). Your Queen of Mean, Ellen

by Anonymousreply 159July 31, 2020 3:31 PM

R156, do you like it when people stare at you?

Big media stars get that all the time. They can't avoid it when they are moving about in the world. But in their own work place, they don't have to have it.

by Anonymousreply 160July 31, 2020 3:33 PM

R159 fixed that perfectly. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 161July 31, 2020 3:33 PM

R160, it's quite common for staff people to look at the celebrities they're working for.

by Anonymousreply 162July 31, 2020 3:34 PM

Ellen needs to transition and reappear as Allen DeGeneres . They smear her anymore using buzzfeed and twitter.

by Anonymousreply 163July 31, 2020 3:34 PM

People will need to note if she gets the same level of stars on her show this season. If not, you know it's over.

by Anonymousreply 164July 31, 2020 3:35 PM

The idea of defending of someone who makes employees look away brings me--ah! Goes back to the Ol' Plantation when the slaves had to look away from their owners.

by Anonymousreply 165July 31, 2020 3:35 PM

The pictures at the thread at R97 proves she loves to degrade people.

by Anonymousreply 166July 31, 2020 3:38 PM

R165, In another thread DLers are defending Bill Clinton molesting underage kids on Epstein’s private Island.

by Anonymousreply 167July 31, 2020 3:40 PM

The name of the show is ELLEN. Everybody is making their paycheck because of ELLEN. Do whatever is necessary to keep Ellen happy and productive. If she doesn't want to walk through her own work place acknowledging every Eve Harrington who wants to catch her eye, curry favor, and cash in on it later... why should she? It's enough already that everyone there is making book on the strength of Ellen's own success.

by Anonymousreply 168July 31, 2020 3:40 PM

Exactly, R165.

The fact that R160 is defending that type of behavior, makes me think that they are A) Lea Michele, B) some d-list celebrity, C) works for Ellen, or D) IS Ellen.

It's fucking unacceptable behavior.

by Anonymousreply 169July 31, 2020 3:41 PM

[quote]Fortunately Ellen’s frau fans love her

Yes, that IS fortunate. It's comforting to know that fat middle American housewives are enabling a damaging, toxic work environment. You go, girl!

by Anonymousreply 170July 31, 2020 3:43 PM

R168, they aren't "Eve Harringtons"--they're staff people.

by Anonymousreply 171July 31, 2020 3:46 PM

Has anyone done a wellness check on Portia?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 31, 2020 3:46 PM

Imagine being told not to look at one's own boss--how degrading that is. And such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 173July 31, 2020 3:47 PM

Steve Harvey had that as a clause in his contract that staff cant look him in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 174July 31, 2020 3:52 PM

Why doesn’t she start at the top & fire herself?

by Anonymousreply 175July 31, 2020 3:52 PM

And it's bullshit no matter who demands it.

by Anonymousreply 176July 31, 2020 3:53 PM

The network has been quashing stuff about her for years. They clearly do not think she is profitable (enough) anymore otherwise none of this would be so blatantly publicized. What is her motivation in sticking this out when it is clear the network wants her gone? Do they want to reneg on her contract payout (bad behavior clause, etc.)?

by Anonymousreply 177July 31, 2020 3:53 PM

Whenever someone says, "My name is on the..." they are either in a strong position or a disgraced position.

If chef José Andrés were to say, "Quality in every respect is everything in my restaurants. My name is on each of them," he's speaking of responsibility and ownership in a real sense.

When Ellen says, "My name is on the show" she's saying, "This is my paycheck! Don't fuck these up for me. Let me fire some people, hire some new one who are better at keeping things under wraps, and try to look 'kinder.' Oh, and next time...the chewing gum in the bowl outside my office? Have a piece. Sensitive nose here."

by Anonymousreply 178July 31, 2020 3:58 PM

So, basically she has not taken responsibility of her behaviour. It was very Michele Lea-esque. 'If somebody felt that way about me I am so sad about it, bla bla bla , as well as blaming everyone else around her.

"Obviously, something changed " she stated. After that part, she should add "I turned into a huge megalomaniac and a huge cunt".

by Anonymousreply 179July 31, 2020 4:00 PM

^'responsibility for', that should read.

by Anonymousreply 180July 31, 2020 4:00 PM

If Ellen was a straight white man, would there be much of a conversation?

by Anonymousreply 181July 31, 2020 4:05 PM

Except for deluded fraus and Ellen herself, no one is buying this phony apology. I think she's trying to save her own ass, but the writing is on the wall. Bye Bye, Ellen Show.

by Anonymousreply 182July 31, 2020 4:07 PM

R181, no because gay sjws with twitter accounts and buzzfeed wouldnt have a hard on for attacking her

by Anonymousreply 183July 31, 2020 4:09 PM

Ewwww that fucking face.

by Anonymousreply 184July 31, 2020 4:12 PM

Who was the comedian who asked for all the stories. Who started this take down? What was his be beef? I truly hate cancel culture

by Anonymousreply 185July 31, 2020 4:22 PM

Who do I have to blackball to send a message to the rest of the plebes in Hollywood?!

by Anonymousreply 186July 31, 2020 4:27 PM

R185, Just some gay loser who disected every episode of Gilmore Girls on a podcast. Thats his only claim to fame if you even wanna call it that.

He didnt share a story himself so i dont think he ever met or worked wirh ellen.

by Anonymousreply 187July 31, 2020 4:29 PM

R187 This you?

[Quote] Biden diddles kiddies.

by Anonymousreply 188July 31, 2020 4:32 PM

R188, yes. Biden raped Tara Reade and countless more.

by Anonymousreply 189July 31, 2020 4:33 PM

This is such typical spin — she postures that she’s taking the hit and being responsible, but not because she’s liable or contributory in any way. No no! She’s doing it because it needs to be done — she’s the hero here. Unbelievable.

She loves to humiliate people. She had a prettt young producer she tortured on a recurring basis, who put up with it for years. One time she told the producer she needed her to get a massage on the show from a massage therapist. But it was a gag. She has the producer on a table wearing nothing but a robe, lying on her stomach. Knowing the producer was very ticklish, she then went to the bottom of the table and tickled her feet, the producer squirming on the table because she couldn’t jump up (she was naked). Ellen likes to pretend stuff like that is “all in good fun.”

by Anonymousreply 190July 31, 2020 4:42 PM

Her Hitler Youth haircut is not helping either. She is a phony and it's all coming out, HOWEVER she is hardly the first to demand no eye contact. Oprah, Katy Perry, J. Lo....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 31, 2020 5:03 PM

I kind of hope the other insufferable celebrities are shitting their pants a little bit. Sharting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 31, 2020 5:08 PM

It's hard to believe but at one point, Rosie O'Donnel was considered the queen of nice. She used to host the Nickolodeon Kids Choice Awards every year and was considered one of the most inoffensive celebs out there. Then she ambushed Tom Selleck on her show. Regardless of your politics, most people found that in poor taste. It didn't take long after that for her to implode and the Rosie brand was finished. However, Rosie's career still survived but most people can't stand her anymore. When she did the View and started going on about conspiracy theories about 9/11, it was all but over for her.

If Ellen is smart, she'll fade away into the background because it can get worse as we've seen from O'Donnel.

by Anonymousreply 193July 31, 2020 5:25 PM

Last I was aware of, she signed on to stay on the show until 2021. I'm guessing she will call it quits when her contract is up. I wonder if her game show, and the show with the kids she produces will continue. She also has a clothing brand, a line for pets, a furniture line, and her games and apps.

So will she be canceled across the board, or just from her talk show?

by Anonymousreply 194July 31, 2020 5:30 PM

Hey everyone - it’s Ellen. I am sorry YOU THOUGHT I was such a CUNT. I am sorry that YOU THOUGHT I scared you for my pleasure and degraded you. I am sorry that YOU THOUGHT my alcoholic behavior and marriage problems put me in a constant foul mood. I am sorry YOU THOUGHT that I let my producers abuse you. BUT YOU THOUGHT WRONG AND I FORGIVE YOU AS I ASK THE SAME. As an alcoholic, YOU ARE my biggest enablers. Our show is a fraud and I don’t even like our audiences. BUT WE WILL GO ON

by Anonymousreply 195July 31, 2020 5:53 PM

The producer she used to humiliate is the one she was probably having some sort of affair with - she was way too fixated on her and always putting her in tight outfits and towels. Really odd.

by Anonymousreply 196July 31, 2020 5:54 PM

I remember Jack Benny was asked why he let his co-stars get most of the laughs and he said:

"Why should I mind who gets the laughs, after all on Monday morning at the watercooler they still will be talking how funny the JACK BENNY SHOW was, not how funny the ROCHESTER SHOW was.

by Anonymousreply 197July 31, 2020 5:54 PM

R156 I can somehow understand it. I was just thinking about how exhausting it can get to be in a business where you have to deal with people like all the time and when you’re not working, you kinda wanna be away from people and yet people are always trying to get something out of you and glimpse into your soul.

But it really does come down to your personality overall and whether there’s a gap between your personal life and public life - if you’re a phony like Ellen, you probably don’t want people to look you in the eye because they’ll see the real you and for them to not see the real you, you have to work full time and put in the fake persona all the time which is exhausting.

Ellen’s ego though is probably at the level where she feels you have to earn the right to glimpse her soul.

by Anonymousreply 198July 31, 2020 6:00 PM

Fall on the sword Ellen - Take one for the team - the rot is coming from inside the house!

by Anonymousreply 199July 31, 2020 6:09 PM

She looks man-ish

Or a 14-year-old boy

by Anonymousreply 200July 31, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote]She looks man-ish Or a 14-year-old boy

That explains why she looks like [italic]Silver Spoons[/italic]-era Ricky Schroder. And drinks like him.

by Anonymousreply 201July 31, 2020 6:33 PM

She’s beautiful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202July 31, 2020 6:37 PM

R196 oh wow. I didn’t watch the show, but your comment almost makes me wish I did. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 203July 31, 2020 6:46 PM

Oh no. The only celebrity who is sticking up for Ellen is sleazy talent manager Scooter Braun. RIP Ellen

by Anonymousreply 204July 31, 2020 6:54 PM

It's almost as if Ellen were drowning and begging for a life line, but no one is throwing her one.

I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 205July 31, 2020 7:10 PM

We're just two kind gals!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 31, 2020 7:13 PM

Two fucking mean cunts is more like it, R206!

Both are CANCELLED!!!

by Anonymousreply 207July 31, 2020 7:16 PM

R204 Yeah, if your only ally is sleazy as fuck Scooter Braun, you know it's O-V-E-R.

[Quote] People love to take shots at people. They love to see people fall. How quickly so many forget. @TheEllenShow is a kind, thoughtful, courageous human being who stands for what is right and highlights on her show the best of us. She has helped change the views for equality. Needed to say this as I know first hand how she helps so many when we are watching and when we are not. She isn’t about what is popular she is about what is right. Sending love to Ellen today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 31, 2020 7:28 PM

A tale of two lesbians

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 31, 2020 7:41 PM

Ellen looks like an old witch.

by Anonymousreply 210July 31, 2020 7:43 PM

We stand by you Ellen. You'll come back from this stronger than ever.

by Anonymousreply 211July 31, 2020 8:16 PM

Hi Ellen! ^

by Anonymousreply 212July 31, 2020 8:20 PM

Who's "we," R211? You mean you.

Clearly you're not speaking for many other people.

by Anonymousreply 213July 31, 2020 8:20 PM

I’m remembering that episode of her sitcom where she filled in as radio host and soon morphed into a shock jock, saying the meanest things just for the sake of it. I’m starting to think that came pretty naturally to her.

“Up next: stray dogs, starving children...the solution seems obvious.”

by Anonymousreply 214July 31, 2020 8:55 PM

Ellen is a treasonous cunt for defending Kevin Hart, and she clearly has a sadistic side (Game of Games), but... really?

"Oh, the show businesses industry is hard, people mean, and I receive no gratitude for my efforts!" Did we not watch and celebrate "The Devil Wears Prada"? Did Andy go and write an expose on Gawker (lol) about how her coworkers called her a fat frauen failure and encourage her to starve? Or is 2020 SO different from 2006?

A million people would like to work on a hit show for one of Hollywood's biggest names. You think Steve Harvey with his approximate 1,000,000 commitments, shows, and gigs is just the sweetest darn thing you ever did meet and HE has total control over all the underlings below?

Ellen's public persona may be a facade, but she didn't create the shitshow that is showbiz, nor will "canceling" her end it.

by Anonymousreply 215July 31, 2020 9:20 PM

How does that excuse her personally, R215?

by Anonymousreply 216July 31, 2020 9:29 PM

It doesn't.

But OH MY BOSS IS MEAN.

Because everyone loves their boss.

by Anonymousreply 217July 31, 2020 9:33 PM

My issue is she will never admit her alcoholic mood swings created a culture where staff were told to keep away from her AND that freed producers to abuse people in the name of control all because she allowed and fostered that dynamic. I am sure that anyone who didn’t follow Ellen’s rules was quickly fired.

by Anonymousreply 218July 31, 2020 9:38 PM

R217, there's a difference between having a demanding, difficult boss and being subjected to an abusive tyrant--one that warrants investigation. If many employees have the same complaint, then IT'S A PROBLEM.

by Anonymousreply 219July 31, 2020 9:43 PM

So there's another thread here that said she has basically quit.

Is there any truth to it?

by Anonymousreply 220July 31, 2020 9:45 PM

It is from the NY Post R220

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 31, 2020 9:50 PM

She was this close to getting a Kennedy Center Honor.

by Anonymousreply 222July 31, 2020 9:51 PM

Bye cunt.

Would she even be missed?

by Anonymousreply 223July 31, 2020 10:19 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224July 31, 2020 10:20 PM

Staff is ready to jump the sinking ship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225July 31, 2020 11:17 PM

Gee, I guess it isn't just Buzzfeed reporting this!

LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 226July 31, 2020 11:53 PM

R223 Ellen's PR people will miss their paycheck and her frau defenders will miss their ability to moo at hot male celebrities every weekday afternoon. This is from one of the other Ellen threads.

[Quote] The posters here don't enjoy the few of us defending her, and that's too bad. People are still going to like Ellen and give her the benefit of doubt regardless of the stuff here, or what may come later.

LOL Delusional.

by Anonymousreply 227August 1, 2020 12:28 AM

She should have just taken the super-cynical route and said, "They hate me because I'm a strong woman... If I were a man blah blah blah" route. The only way to beat the perpetual victims is to out-victim them.

by Anonymousreply 228August 1, 2020 12:31 AM

R226, Other sites are reporting on what Buzzfeed is reporting.

Biuzzfeed does repuatable journalisim now in case you didnt know. They also exposed Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 229August 1, 2020 12:32 AM

It's funny how she did such a shit ass job of trying to tackle this. You can't just blame everyone else and say you didn't know about the environment when there have been reports for months about your own shitty behavior away from the set.

I've never liked her or found her funny. Anyone with half a brain could tell there was something off with her by just how much joy she took at jumping out and scaring people. Like what person over the age of 5 thinks that is funny? I also specifically remember watching a bit she did with Michelle Obama who was visibly uncomfortable with what a monster Ellen was (they did some shopping trip to a CVS or Walgreens). If I recall correctly, Ellen was mildly racist towards the Latino employee and I didn't understand how she got away with it.

by Anonymousreply 230August 1, 2020 12:34 AM

R228 She already tried to play the lesbian card in her statement. It's even worse when someone who was bullied becomes a bully themselves.

by Anonymousreply 231August 1, 2020 12:34 AM

R229 Buzzfeed was the first to expose the Steele Documents, no?

by Anonymousreply 232August 1, 2020 12:35 AM

Yay! It's everyone else's fault. Not the Celebrity's. Yayyyyy!!!!

by Anonymousreply 233August 1, 2020 12:37 AM

What's the story with Karen Kilgariff and Ellen? Was it just that Ellen fired her for refusing to cross strike lines or does she have other stories of how heinous Ellen is?

by Anonymousreply 234August 1, 2020 12:38 AM

[quote]It's funny how she did such a shit ass job of trying to tackle this.

This is classic client won't hear the truth. So they put out a statement that made her happy but was destined to blow up in their faces, because the client insisted. (Sometimes the client lies to the advisors too but in this case everybody must know who they're dealing with by this point.) Her advisors, if they're any good, have been waiting for this car crash since they hit send. But it just stinks to high heaven of a rotten client who won't fight the fight on a truthful basis.

by Anonymousreply 235August 1, 2020 12:48 AM

that is exactly what it seems like r235. Asshole client won't hear the truth ever and insists that everyone else tell some stupid lie. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 236August 1, 2020 12:50 AM

Yes, obviously this was the statement SHE wanted to make, it's just hilarious because it proves what an asshole she is. She obviously doesn't listen to anyone and she thinks she's the smartest person in the room and everyone else is just an idiot to manipulate.

by Anonymousreply 237August 1, 2020 12:52 AM

Years ago I worked at a manufacturing plant in the receiving department. The department was having problems. Management would bring in a supervisor and when things didn't straighten out they would fire them or move them to another department. While I was in the department they went through 5 supervisors and blamed each one for the problems, not even aware that they, management, was the problem.

by Anonymousreply 238August 1, 2020 12:55 AM

I still maintain Warner Bros. (that's the ultimate owner, right?) did this on purpose. If she implodes she has probably violated the terms of her contract and they can walk away with less cost. We should have seen this coming in #metoo et al.

by Anonymousreply 239August 1, 2020 12:58 AM

god that sucks r238, and sadly I think that is the norm. Management is always right. They can just suck and suck and suck, and never in the good way. Of course, it's everyone else. That's how assholes operate.

by Anonymousreply 240August 1, 2020 12:58 AM

None of the criticisms are of her personally, so I don't think she's an awful person like Lea Michelle.

You could tell that she's been bored with the show for awhile now. She looked downright miserable half of the time. Rosie was the same way with her show. The last year of Rosie's show was dismal.

Ellen needs to take a break for a year or two, just like Rosie did, and the public will be begging her to come back. It won't be a talk show, but she'll have multiple opportunities when she's ready.

by Anonymousreply 241August 1, 2020 12:58 AM

R241.... have you read the stories tonight? The criticisms of her personally are emerging.

by Anonymousreply 242August 1, 2020 1:00 AM

[quote] the public will be begging her to come back.

Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 243August 1, 2020 1:02 AM

nobody begs anyone to come back. Everyone is so damn interchangeable. That's what these assholes fear most, cause deep down they know. there is always some other bitch than can do what you do. it really doesn't matter. none of this shit really actually matters.

by Anonymousreply 244August 1, 2020 1:07 AM

None of the criticisms are about her?

Where have you been for the past several months?

by Anonymousreply 245August 1, 2020 1:12 AM

Mrs. McFly gets in on the action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 1, 2020 4:16 AM

Damn! When Caroline in the City comes for you, you know it’s almost ever. Time to check out Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 247August 1, 2020 4:21 AM

In her comeback third act, Ellen takes a new turn as a brittle, difficult, sometimes tyrannical daytime show host with a penchant for making dolls that always come out looking like herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 1, 2020 4:48 AM

R246 That’s very interesting. Now that Garrett and Thompson have spoken out, I wonder if that’ll open the floodgates for more celebrities to share their horror stories.

by Anonymousreply 249August 1, 2020 7:40 AM

[quote] the public will be begging her to come back.

One of my favourite lines from Sunset Boulevard.

by Anonymousreply 250August 1, 2020 12:17 PM

Has Martha Stewart really changed her attitude? I remember hearing how terrible she was back in the day. I wonder what happened in prison to change her?

by Anonymousreply 251August 1, 2020 12:25 PM

Now she can shank.

by Anonymousreply 252August 1, 2020 12:26 PM

Nothing happened in prison to change her.

In two days, she will be 79 years old. She can't live long enough to spend all her money, so there is no need to be ruthlessly ambitious. She's finally at a place where she can relax. She will stay busy, but she no longer needs to fear that every single person she encounters will be the one that thwarts her dream of success and, therefore, must be crushed.

by Anonymousreply 253August 1, 2020 12:29 PM

A report that she is "ready to walk away from the show" (with a linked item about an Australian interview and the rules for not looking and not communicating with her.)

The "official investigation" announcement from the network was a death knell Translation: okay this has gone far enough to be embarrassing, but more than that we know it's true, we're tied of your compmications this thing was near it's end anyway, and there's no real way to climb back on the horse and ride again--even if we wanted to, which we don't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254August 1, 2020 12:31 PM

r62 I thought this all came to a head again because during the early stages of the pandemic furlough the show didn't reach out to the staff about money or the next steps. Meanwhile, poorer Jimmy Kimmel was subsidizing his staffs' salaries. Ellen was in her mansion complaining about boredom while many people she worked for went without paychecks. Besides the money, which it's always about the money, she nor the people running the show forgot to even check in on their staff yet call them a "family". That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Oprah wasn't Miss Congeniality but she did not mess around with harassment on her set, she also put up a wall between her and the low-level staff but did it in a professional manner (like any of our CEOs), she made sure to communicate, and paid her staff VERY well for the strain of dealing with a star like Oprah. That included the occasional paid vacation for her staff. Shows like Oprah and Ellens make so much money that they can afford to compensate people enough to shut them up and hire competent managers/producers to run a tight ship. Oprah has a number of businesses under her umbrella. I don't know how she manages these operations but I do know that she doesn't have this much drama because she's a professional.

Ellen may make it out of this for another couple of years until her contract ends but I think it's time to move on to Kelly Clarkson.

by Anonymousreply 255August 1, 2020 12:39 PM

Oh, thank you, R255. That explains it.

Kelly Clarkson is behind all this. She's the one behind the curtain stirring all the shit. She's the one to gain from it. Follow the money!!!

by Anonymousreply 256August 1, 2020 12:42 PM

Oprah either learned to be a CEO or took the advice of smart people who understood it. But I agree, with Oprah there was head office and the shop floor and Oprah doesn’t do shop floor. Ellen, it seems, wanted to be the horrible plant manager.

by Anonymousreply 257August 1, 2020 12:45 PM

Ellen is going to be gone, it is just a matter of how much money it is going to cost them. Good for Brad Garrett standing up and telling the truth. I think that his statement will allow other celebrities to stand up too, as we have seen with Lea. From an article on Page Six, "One Hollywood insider said DeGeneres was known to unleash attorney Marty Singer on people she felt had crossed her." Now you know why more people aren't coming forward with their stories about Ellen. Ellen sounds like she was feared more than liked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258August 1, 2020 1:17 PM

Frau viewers love Ellen, though. What to do? I understand her wanting to bag it, though, if true. It can't be much fun to do these virtual shows anyway.

by Anonymousreply 259August 1, 2020 1:22 PM

I just think it’s funny people are trying to defend Ellen by playing the Woman Card. If Ellen was a straight white man known for being mean to his staff but all Disney in front of his staff, he’d be exposed and nobody would be defending him.

by Anonymousreply 260August 1, 2020 1:47 PM

Oh, she’s just awful! I’m a lesbian and have had her number since her show was cancelled. She whined it was because she came out. Nope! Cancelled because it was a terrible show.

She’s clearly filled with rage. The joy she takes at scaring/humiliating her guests/audience is evidence enough. If you need more, suggest watching some of her interviews.

Her refusal to stand behind her writers during the strike was despicable.

by Anonymousreply 261August 1, 2020 1:59 PM

[quote]Good for Brad Garrett standing up and telling the truth.

He really broke the Fight Club rule. Kind of amazing. I call it the Michelle Precedent.

by Anonymousreply 262August 1, 2020 2:01 PM

I wonder, does extreme wealth and fame drive a person nuts or merely exacerbate tendencies?

by Anonymousreply 263August 1, 2020 2:32 PM

Since Oprah was brought up, I know someone who worked for the show. She still says it was the best experience she's ever had. It was very professional and Oprah kept a professional distance from the staff, but was friendly in most interactions, appreciative, and took very good care of them. She said that even if there weren't the really nice parties and gifts and bonuses, she felt valued and liked to go to work. She moved from Oprah to the Katie Couric Show and she's going to soon begin work on Tamron Hall's show.

by Anonymousreply 264August 1, 2020 3:18 PM

Story I heard about kilgariff from friend who worked there at the time was that they were longtime best friends and when the writers strike started Ellen asked her what she should do and kilgariff said do not cross the picket lines - it will be bad for your reputation - absolutely don’t do it.

Cut to Ellen crossing the picket lines.

When the strike ended, she called kilgariff into her office and said how dare you not warn me about how bad that would be for me and fired her. Never spoke to her again.

Then she made life completely miserable for kilgariff’s then husband (who worked at the show and was a sweet guy) until he quit too.

Kilgariff has always been very diplomatic when asked about Ellen but that was the story I heard years ago.

by Anonymousreply 265August 1, 2020 3:18 PM

R263, I'd say exacerbate. A grounded, decent person isn't really going to become a nightmare and Yellin Ungenerous isn't suddenly going to count her money and feel nice.

by Anonymousreply 266August 1, 2020 3:34 PM

R263, when someone hits really big like Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley, the gravy train that follows them around is large and lucrative. Not one person on that gravy train is going to risk their fat paycheck by telling the boss anything s/he doesn't want to hear. No one. And when unbridled, it doesn't take long for our weaknesses and excesses and personal idiosyncrasies to take over.

A few people handle it well. But many cannot.

by Anonymousreply 267August 1, 2020 3:44 PM

This phrase, take responsibility, I do not think it means what spokesliars think it means.

by Anonymousreply 268August 1, 2020 4:20 PM

She's lucky this isn't trending on twitter. When it hits twitter then you know she's in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 269August 1, 2020 4:23 PM

When fellow celebs feel free go after you, you're done.

Put a fork in Cunt Ellen because she's done.

by Anonymousreply 270August 1, 2020 4:44 PM

The visual of Ellen's oblivious privileged attitude and tone deafness has to be of her sitting in some room in her house because of COVID with her (producer?) outside with his face against the sliding glass door like a dog who wants to get out of the rain. Who thought of that? WTF.

by Anonymousreply 271August 1, 2020 4:58 PM

yeah, I mainly agree with r266 and r267. It reveals your deep down character. There's all these temptations, but I think most of us would not turn into monsters just because we could. Maybe I'm naive, and I can't say I've ever been in the position to really be a monster, but I just don't think it happens unless there is some big misery down there to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 272August 1, 2020 5:05 PM

You can debate til the end of time whether Diana was good gone bad or nuts to begin with and got worse, but I read a biography once where she asked an aide if he thought royal life would change her (this was early on) and the answer was basically you'll be a bitch in five years. I worked once for a billionaire (or at least almost one) and he wouldn't have seen it but he could be dreadful. I remember once he was shouting at me over something absolutely silly but you had to stand there and take it because obviously he could fire you in an instant and had the lawyers to make fighting back really difficult. But he wasn't all anything... good or bad. He was, though, in success, surrounded by layers of people who demonstrated their value by spoiling him rotten. All but the most centred person would find it hard not to be corroded by that, because it becomes the new normal and what you take for granted. So in the end, if you're to rise above your circumstances, that's a combination of your innate nature, self awareness and strength of purpose.

by Anonymousreply 273August 1, 2020 5:17 PM

It doesn't have to be misery. You start out a monster, you continue as a monster. Children can be raised as monsters, catered to, spoiled, never told no. And then continue that behavior and expect it into adulthood. Easy to do in the profession she's in but she'd be the same way in any profession. Sociopathic and narcissistic tendencies actually (so overused but some truly are). Power attracts this type.

by Anonymousreply 274August 1, 2020 5:17 PM

So now you all think that Ellen is going to jail?

I swear, the delusions of datalounge celebrity stalkers are in a class of their own.

by Anonymousreply 275August 1, 2020 5:21 PM

“..when it is clear the network wants her gone?”

How is this “clear”?

by Anonymousreply 276August 1, 2020 5:24 PM

R237, what do you mean by familiar?

Do you mean you are too lazy to do a separate, fake psychology make-up of a person you don’t know? You got to get more creative than that.

If you are going to do a believable arm-chair psychological work-up, you need to put more effort into it. You’re just lazy.

by Anonymousreply 277August 1, 2020 5:27 PM

R255, have you thought about giving us a synopsis of your dissertation? It would cut down on time.

by Anonymousreply 278August 1, 2020 5:28 PM

Do you have a link r265?

by Anonymousreply 279August 1, 2020 5:28 PM

“Ellen, it seems, wanted to be the horrible plant manager.”

What is this based on? A hunch?

by Anonymousreply 280August 1, 2020 5:29 PM

“Staff is ready to jump the sinking ship“

Where in the linked article does it make this claim? Or is that your personal opinion?

If it’s just your opinion, it’s very misleading to use it as a headline and then link the article.

If she has done bad things, why not just put those out there instead of trying to mislead viewers?

Very strange things going on in this dumpster if a thread. It’s like someone’s imagination is running wild.

Aka a delusional poster that is slowly melting down.

by Anonymousreply 281August 1, 2020 5:32 PM

R75 Wouldn't assume that she is going to jail but there are actually accusations of sexual abuse not just harassment and the Feds are involved so if anything this show is over. I also think Jimmy Kimmel's show is over. Are they on the same network?

by Anonymousreply 282August 1, 2020 5:34 PM

“Feds are involved”

Well where is the link to that instead of all these delusions?

by Anonymousreply 283August 1, 2020 5:36 PM

Lol come on. This is like some shared delusion (between sock puppets)

Ellen is not going to jail you stupid stalkers.

This is some kind of spin-off of ‘shipping’ which brings the DL stalkarazzi to dizzying new heights of delusion.

by Anonymousreply 284August 1, 2020 5:40 PM

Ouch. More sand thrown in her face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 1, 2020 5:46 PM

[quote]“The truth is she knew what was going on – it’s her show. The buck stops with her. She can blame every executive under the sun – but Ellen is ultimately the one to blame.”

A shred remorse wouldn't hurt but we won't hold our breath. There are armies of lawyers on both sides salivating over what the payoff will be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286August 1, 2020 5:46 PM

Ellen is canceled and yet these trolls are still in mom’s basement. They think if they can bring down enough liberal Hollywood types then they just might get out one day and get to host a talk show?

Don’t hold your breath.

by Anonymousreply 287August 1, 2020 5:51 PM

Feds are involved? Maybe, just maybe, a discrimination complaint was accepted by the EEOC. But that's as toothless a federal tiger as anyone could ever go up against.

If there is an investigation on Ellen's show, it's corporate lawyers who are responding to the EEOC on behalf of the corporation that owns this show. And no matter what they find in their investigation, their reply to the EEOC will be that the allegations are untrue. Either that there is no evidence that the allegation occurred, or if evidence shows that the claimed action occurred, it was not in any way discriminatory in any illegal way.

The worst that happens is that Ellen is told in writing that certain changes must be made. It is possible that the corporation would take a very slightly greater role in managing things on the show, probably by putting one of their own persons into a management role.

by Anonymousreply 288August 1, 2020 5:54 PM

Union members who cross picket lines should be shoved down a well.

I didn't follow Ellen during the tv writer's strike, but picket line crossers need to burn.

I'm glad she's getting her turn in the barrel!

by Anonymousreply 289August 1, 2020 5:54 PM

She's gone. You won't see her show come back after this.

by Anonymousreply 290August 1, 2020 5:58 PM

Does anyone have a link to backup the wild claims that “the feds are involved”?

Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 291August 1, 2020 5:58 PM

As in the FBI???

Where are all these wild, imaginary claims coming from?

Is this someone’s fantasy?

by Anonymousreply 292August 1, 2020 5:59 PM

Yes. Feds are involved.

by Anonymousreply 293August 1, 2020 6:00 PM

With this kind of heat, no A list celebrities are going on her show. None. Would you get your client booked on that show?

by Anonymousreply 294August 1, 2020 6:00 PM

R282,

Where are you sourcing the claim that the “Feds are involved”?

What feds?

by Anonymousreply 295August 1, 2020 6:00 PM

WHICH FEDS, R293?

Which Federal agency, exactly, is involved in investigation ELLEN?

by Anonymousreply 296August 1, 2020 6:01 PM

Sexual harassment is one of the complaints on her producers, and her show. Who investigates those? Seems like that's a police investigation.

by Anonymousreply 297August 1, 2020 6:01 PM

the stalkerazzi is claiming that she is litigious and sicks her lawyers on everyone and then they proceed to defame and slander her. I’m confused.

I am having trouble keeping up with what is documented fact and what is some stalkers wild imagination.

Please link to sources or state an opinion but intention trying to mix them up is confusing for those who are trying to follow along.

by Anonymousreply 298August 1, 2020 6:02 PM

Complaints about racism and sexual harassment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299August 1, 2020 6:04 PM

Those are serious complaints and they WILL be investigated.

by Anonymousreply 300August 1, 2020 6:05 PM

It seems like every single post in this thread is a made up lie.

Someone call me you get your act together.

by Anonymousreply 301August 1, 2020 6:05 PM

The show will be buried under lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 302August 1, 2020 6:05 PM

So the feds are not involved and that was another lie.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 303August 1, 2020 6:06 PM

Sure, hunty, R301, we'll call. Bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 304August 1, 2020 6:07 PM

If I were her I would sue every last one of you gits to kingdom come.

by Anonymousreply 305August 1, 2020 6:07 PM

Oh my sides, R305!

by Anonymousreply 306August 1, 2020 6:08 PM

[quote]It seems like every single post in this thread is a made up lie.

You mean like "fake news?" Please fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 307August 1, 2020 6:11 PM

Notice that the single troll with 7 sock puppet accounts can never back up any of their fake claims.

I love a good scandal but not a fake one.

by Anonymousreply 308August 1, 2020 6:12 PM

Sexual harassment. Racism. There is a link below. Again. In fact, there are links everywhere on this thread, just like this one, that show details of the allegations and who they're from, as reported in all types of news sources, yet we have a whole bunch of people crying "fake news!"

You know what? At the end of the day, she's gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309August 1, 2020 6:12 PM

Actually we don't have a whole bunch here crying fake news. Just a couple trolls.

by Anonymousreply 310August 1, 2020 6:13 PM

So there are no feds involved.

Sock puppet is a pathological liar.

by Anonymousreply 311August 1, 2020 6:14 PM

R311 is one such troll who says there are no feds involved, so therefore none of it is true and that there are no investigations happening.

R311, prove there are no investigations.

by Anonymousreply 312August 1, 2020 6:15 PM

So now it “seems” like the police are involved.

It went from lying about feds being involved to now it “seems” police might be involved but you don’t know that either.

so at least the slander Is being dialed back but she shameless lying continues.

by Anonymousreply 313August 1, 2020 6:17 PM

That's a little piece of paper to cover such a BIG ass.

by Anonymousreply 314August 1, 2020 6:19 PM

R313, you have nothing to offer here. And you seem to be confusing lies and slander with conjecture and gossip. On a gay gossip site. It's almost comical.

It's already been reported there are allegations of racism and sexual harassment, which you conveniently don't mention while harping on wether or not there is a federal investigation.

There are certainly investigations happening by some authority, if racism and sexual harassment are involved.

Again, prove there are no investigations happening at all.

by Anonymousreply 315August 1, 2020 6:22 PM

*whether

by Anonymousreply 316August 1, 2020 6:23 PM

“Wouldn't assume that she is going to jail but there are actually accusations of sexual abuse not just harassment and the Feds are involved so if anything this show is over. I also think Jimmy Kimmel's show is over. Are they on the same network?”

This post clearly lies about the feds being involved. It’s an outright lie and this is from the same poster as all the other lies upthread.

by Anonymousreply 317August 1, 2020 6:24 PM

“conjecture and gossip”

Ohhhhhhhhhh OK. So now this is just innocent gossip.

At least you’re admitting that it’s all a lie.

by Anonymousreply 318August 1, 2020 6:25 PM

R317, you point to one post about the feds and its all a lie, apparently.

R317/R318, until you acknowledge there are investigations of racism and sexual harrassment and have the guts to address independent investigations ARE occurring, you're stonewalling.

by Anonymousreply 319August 1, 2020 6:27 PM

The sock puppet will now just go start another thread with its 7 accounts.

Keep up the pressure on these liars.

by Anonymousreply 320August 1, 2020 6:27 PM

R318 So now anyone discussing this issue on the DL is a liar?

by Anonymousreply 321August 1, 2020 6:28 PM

She's done.

by Anonymousreply 322August 1, 2020 6:28 PM

Independent? Independent of what, R319?

Please be specific.

by Anonymousreply 323August 1, 2020 6:30 PM

Clearly, the Ellen PR shills, flacks and trolls are out in full force desperately trying to shut down this discussion. You can spot them by their level of hysteria and hyperbole.

by Anonymousreply 324August 1, 2020 6:32 PM

Lol the lying troll has been EXPOSED.

by Anonymousreply 325August 1, 2020 6:34 PM

This reminds me of what they did to Hillary.

Next thing you know they will say that Ellen is trafficking children in a pizza parlor.

Good thing that “the feds” are involved.

by Anonymousreply 326August 1, 2020 6:37 PM

There have been negative stories about her and her show for years. They are in fact common knowledge, I'm surprised anyone is still trying to defend her at this point.

by Anonymousreply 327August 1, 2020 6:39 PM

Here's Newsweek...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328August 1, 2020 6:41 PM

You don’t understand why someone, on DL, would push for accuracy?

For a long time this was a refuge from stupid idiots. I guess that has changed.

by Anonymousreply 329August 1, 2020 6:42 PM

You trolls need to make up your minds.

Is it a documented fact or just “gossip”

You can’t have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 330August 1, 2020 6:46 PM

People will put up with a lot if they're paid well. The fact that she shafted her staff during shutdown sealed her fate.

My first job in the film industry was straight out of Devil Wears Prada, only the company was not nearly as important. I was treated like shit, the pay was terrible and as soon as I saved up enough to survive, I got the fuck out. If I had been paid well, I would've dealt with the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 331August 1, 2020 6:47 PM

She prefers to be the shop manager and the Feds are after her?

I mean come on. Where do you guys get the time to make up these lies?

You need to volunteer or get a job.

by Anonymousreply 332August 1, 2020 6:48 PM

Some of the stuff, like the conspiracy theories about her being under house arrest, are total bullshit. However, it is unquestionable that Ellen is a huge cunt and deserves all that is happening to her.

by Anonymousreply 333August 1, 2020 7:07 PM

Oh now she’s under house arrest?

Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 334August 1, 2020 7:09 PM

We'll put up with sexual harassment, racism, bullying, sadism, narcissism and megalomania, but the final straw is when your ratings plummet...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335August 1, 2020 7:20 PM

^ it's based on the fact Brad Garrett spoke out. Seems unlikely someone with visibility and a stake in the industry would want to put out a lie. At least under his own name. And then. there's enough reportinalong the lines of "don't talk to Ellen, don't look at Ellen" that I would humbly submit is not characteristic of a person with an affinity for a flat organization, but I don't want to speak for you.

Ever.

Given your command of the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 336August 1, 2020 7:31 PM

^ that was for R280. Who might profit from reading the Forbes article. I have a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 337August 1, 2020 7:32 PM

No one has a specific story about their own interaction with ED. All we hear is "I've heard that...", and "my brother's friend's cousin worked on the show, and ..."

by Anonymousreply 338August 1, 2020 7:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339August 1, 2020 7:39 PM

OK, R338?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340August 1, 2020 7:40 PM

One Ellen hating troll has posted over 200 replies in this thread, as well as the other Ellen bashing threads he's started. Tell us, were you fired from Ellen's show and that's why you're so obsessed over this?

by Anonymousreply 341August 1, 2020 7:41 PM

Anticipating R338's rebuttal: if you were lovely Ellen, wouldn't you engage in conversation? Wouldn't you wonder why no one was talking to you? Every time you did something similar? Wouldn't you ask? Or would you just go through the day imagining this was normal?

by Anonymousreply 342August 1, 2020 7:42 PM

R338 you could say the same things about Weinstein, Spacey and Singer for years. Yes, sexual assault is different, but Ellen being a tyrant has long been an open secret, just like they were.

by Anonymousreply 343August 1, 2020 7:43 PM

Is this how Portia pays her rent?

by Anonymousreply 344August 1, 2020 7:50 PM

She's done.

by Anonymousreply 345August 1, 2020 8:05 PM

R345 what do you mean by that?

by Anonymousreply 346August 1, 2020 8:26 PM

Is r344 threatening to Kill her?

Jesus you people are out of control.

by Anonymousreply 347August 1, 2020 8:29 PM

R345. Threatening to murder her?

What does that mean she is “done”?

by Anonymousreply 348August 1, 2020 8:30 PM

Well she is considering cancelling the show. It doesn't hurt her and her 300 million. She can always do stand up now and then to the audience that wants to see her. She isn't cancelled but if she does wrap it up, all those people with unbearable working conditions will have no working conditions and can collect state unemployment benefits.

Had this been handled differently and concerns brought up and addressed they might not worry now about losing their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 349August 1, 2020 8:34 PM

Would anyone miss a show where a Kardashian is a guest every week and the audience screams every 10 seconds?

by Anonymousreply 350August 1, 2020 8:35 PM

The show was so unbelievably asinine. It was never the best way for her to channel her talents, and now it’s turned her into a pariah.

by Anonymousreply 351August 1, 2020 8:42 PM

This thread has collapsed.

It’s closed now.

by Anonymousreply 352August 1, 2020 8:58 PM

R346/R347/R348. I mean she's done--finished--her show. Over.

But you knew what I meant.

She Is. Done.

by Anonymousreply 353August 1, 2020 9:03 PM

I'm sure she's awful, but it's not against the law to be a b**ch, or weird.

Anyone who hires a lot of women or a black woman with an agenda will get taken down with these exact words regardless of their actions. Everyone is out for national victimhood and a big payday these days.

It's only foolish to not see it coming.

by Anonymousreply 354August 1, 2020 9:12 PM

Congratulations, R354, for epically missing the boat.

by Anonymousreply 355August 1, 2020 9:13 PM

r354 so you are saying if you hire women or a black woman you will eventually get taken down ?

by Anonymousreply 356August 1, 2020 9:17 PM

R346 is a deranged loon. It seems that people like them are doing what they try to do to the Timothee Chalamet and Shawn Mendes threads when they don't like the way the conversation is going. Spam post a ton of troll posts and then flag the moderators to shut it down. It's not going to work, dear. Let your boss know that so they can relieve you of trolling duty. It's Saturday. Enjoy your day off.

by Anonymousreply 357August 1, 2020 9:18 PM

Oh, ok r355. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 358August 1, 2020 9:19 PM

I think the producers that sexually harrassed and assaulted people should be punished but Ellen is just a star - plenty of stars behave the same way.

by Anonymousreply 359August 1, 2020 9:20 PM

Oh, ok, R358. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 360August 1, 2020 9:32 PM

She's done.

by Anonymousreply 361August 1, 2020 9:32 PM

So many celebrities are huge assholes I don't really understand why she is being singled out. I think her show is unwatchable and I have never like hosts who do the fake nice like she and Oprah do but it is not criminal behavior unless she personally sexually harassed someone. There are probably just looking for a reason to cancel her now. If her ratings were still really high they would find a way to fix it. This is an excuse to get rid of her and probably looking for a cheaper payout.

by Anonymousreply 362August 1, 2020 9:33 PM

[quote]So many celebrities are huge assholes I don't really understand why she is being singled out.

Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 363August 1, 2020 9:37 PM

Amazing that R362 could 360 posts in, and not have read any of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 364August 1, 2020 9:40 PM

Hollywood in general is in disarray right now. They must be losing a ton of money with nothing being produced and no end in sight. All these talk shows are boring without the slick production and doing them from people's homes.

by Anonymousreply 365August 1, 2020 9:42 PM

She's gotta find her level, her nasty, bitter level.

by Anonymousreply 366August 1, 2020 9:56 PM

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 367August 1, 2020 10:14 PM

Funny how these trolls are so invested in derailing the thread. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368August 1, 2020 10:55 PM

Bitch is so done.

BYE.

by Anonymousreply 369August 1, 2020 10:58 PM

Andy tweeted that she's not quitting. Yea!! Her ratings will skyrocket next season due to the controversy. This is exactly the kind of adrenaline her show needed.

by Anonymousreply 370August 1, 2020 11:02 PM

I have my own firsthand account of Ellen being a mischievous cunt, more to do with an on-air segment promoting a brand that I worked for. Years ago. Big execs from the brand were giving her the lowdown behind the scenes prior to the segment, etc. etc. She was told specific protocols of how she would interact with the product on camera. She agreed, seemed very cognizant of how she would act in the segment. What happens? She ignored everything she was told to do. As they were filming and the execs were watching from the green room they're faces turned white and it was a hair pulling moment.

by Anonymousreply 371August 1, 2020 11:06 PM

R370 Maybe yes, maybe no. If she wants to stay in the game she has to show genuine remorse for being a first-class shit to people which probably won't happen (we've only ever seen her genuinely care about a puppies).

by Anonymousreply 372August 1, 2020 11:09 PM

R372- She actually COULD come through this if she throws herself to the mercy of the crew and staff. She won't. She is done within 12 months. She is done

by Anonymousreply 373August 1, 2020 11:47 PM

Who actually watches her stupid show?

by Anonymousreply 374August 2, 2020 12:37 AM

Apparently, 14% fewer people than before according to TVNewsCheck

[quote]Ellen DeGeneres dropped 14% to a new season low 1.2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375August 2, 2020 12:54 AM

Sorry-- but after all the fallout about her staff not getting hired/paid when COVID hit, she totally ignored it. If she had truly not been aware of the toxic atmosphere on the show and caught wind of the public grievances, she would have been raising holy hell and demanding to know what was going on. If I had a show predicated on being kind and considered my staff "family", even the possibility of mistreatment of my people would be absolutely unacceptable.

But she didn't do or saying anything--because she knew the rumors about her and the show were true. She just figured she was big enough to have the mess go away, just like it always did before. But it didn't, so she had no choice but to "own" it publicly. I also think she believes this public PR statement is enough to make it just go away again, but it won't. She is just trying to do damage control so she doesn't go out looking like both she and her show are the biggest frauds on TV. But everyone knows now that they are.

by Anonymousreply 376August 2, 2020 2:20 AM

R373 is right. If she actually admitted and said - whoa, I let this go way to my head. I hurt the people closest to me in a chance of trying to do some good.

She can get out of this - if she would admit fault. But because she won't do that - then fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 377August 2, 2020 2:28 AM

Her comeback will be bigger than ever. I’m predicting a ratings juggernaut. She will launch next season with a Hilary interview.

by Anonymousreply 378August 2, 2020 2:29 AM

The thing is, even if she manages to keep the show going she's not going to be able to manage her issues... after a month she'll be back to being the awful person she is and it'll come out again. People like her can't control themselves.

by Anonymousreply 379August 2, 2020 2:32 AM

I had to share this blind item.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380August 2, 2020 2:45 AM

r380 spoiler: it is actually Ellen's rancid puss that smells so bad!

by Anonymousreply 381August 2, 2020 3:12 AM

Cunt Ellen will not be coming back.

by Anonymousreply 382August 2, 2020 4:09 AM

Sorry all you pro-Ellen gashes. You failed here.

by Anonymousreply 383August 2, 2020 4:12 AM

Haven't all shows lost their ratings since Covid? Interviews in isolation are boring and mostly unwatchable. And now all the repeats. If the bashing and the pandemic goes on I imagine she will quit despite what Andy says. But I'm surprised not a single celeb has come to her defense. No friends? No one likes her? She done a lot for celeb guests. She must feel really betrayed about now.

by Anonymousreply 384August 2, 2020 1:39 PM

Please tell us more, R371. You've sketched out a scenario that could go either way.

It's possible that Ellen would not see or appreciate what was special about the particular product. She could fall short in making the best choices for presenting it.

Or it's possible that your Executives would not know or appreciate what was special about Ellen. In choosing her, they could have fallen short in making the best choice for who should present their product.

I'm inclined to think that if you hire Ellen, you get Ellen, and it's best to stand back and let this very successful woman do what she does best. That it didn't work out as they wanted suggests pretty strongly that they were never as much in command of their product as the they thought they were. The show runners did not schedule the time needed to work out what the Executives wanted and the Executives didn't see this coming.

But I'm not wedded to any of that. I hope you come back to tell us (or at least me) more about this.

by Anonymousreply 385August 2, 2020 2:07 PM

[quote]I'm inclined to think that if you hire Ellen, you get Ellen, and it's best to stand back and let this very successful woman do what she does best.

I take it you're not in marketing.

by Anonymousreply 386August 2, 2020 2:28 PM

You would be wrong. I spent too much time doing that bullshit. That's why I think they chose the wrong platform for their product. Ellen does what Ellen does. Don't ask for more. You won't get it.

by Anonymousreply 387August 2, 2020 2:31 PM

You would be wrong. I spent too much time doing that bullshit. That's why I think they chose the wrong platform for their product. Ellen does what Ellen does. Don't ask for more. You won't get it.

by Anonymousreply 388August 2, 2020 2:31 PM

Then Ellen contracted in bad faith. They weren't contracting with Ellen. They were contracting with Ellen's image. She brought herself instead. She didn't honour the deal. It's an industry about money. No one pays to deal with someone who can't be counted on to deliver the goods. Judy Garland, Lindsay Lohan, Katherine Heigl. Careers die for taking the money and failing to deliver the goods. I think they politely call it 'difficult.'

by Anonymousreply 389August 2, 2020 2:36 PM

I'm curious about the product. Can you give us a hint?

by Anonymousreply 390August 2, 2020 2:42 PM

A douche if there was poetic justice or irony.

by Anonymousreply 391August 2, 2020 2:43 PM

Calm down, R389. We don't know anything much about it. Just a few sketchy suggestions in the earlier post. None of your conclusions are supported by anything much but your ire. Surely, you did not read the contract that you hypothesize exists.

I've seen bits and pieces of Ellen's show a number of times over her long run. She is remarkably consistent in her presentation. Probably too much so. I would not recommend anyone tell her what to do on her own show. Her delivery is carefully honed and she keeps it all moving the way she has learned is best for her show. No one can barge in and change that. Even for money. Perhaps the show runners made a poor choice in accept the advertiser's business and perhaps they made promises they should not have. But Ellen is a known quantity. and perhaps the advertiser's expectations were unrealistic. That's why I asked for more details. Not in dispute is that for the money paid, she got the product on camera and she delivered roughly the number of impressions that everyone expected. Her viewership is well known.

If an advertiser wants total control, it should just shoot its own fucking commercial and pay to place it in markets it wants.

by Anonymousreply 392August 2, 2020 2:45 PM

If you're going to contend a celebrity promoting a product doesn't involve a contract, you're a fool and you're blocked. You're trolling anyway. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 393August 2, 2020 2:48 PM

Yes, please. Block me. Then you won't see me and you won't respond with your silliness. Block me and you have blocked yourself.

by Anonymousreply 394August 2, 2020 2:49 PM

Oh, brother, R394. You sound like a total asshole.

by Anonymousreply 395August 2, 2020 2:55 PM

LOL - yes R395.

by Anonymousreply 396August 2, 2020 2:58 PM

Corden 'in line' to replace Ellen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397August 2, 2020 5:45 PM

He's another asshole, apparently. Nothing to compare to Cunt Ellen, though.

by Anonymousreply 398August 2, 2020 6:17 PM

Corden is the luckiest man in showbiz. Another one who just came out of nowhere and was suddenly famous.

by Anonymousreply 399August 2, 2020 8:18 PM

The Brits warned us about Corden...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400August 2, 2020 8:22 PM

James Corden is far worse than Ellen, but because he's a man no one bats an eye. And unlike Ellen, he's actually the one who's problematic. With Ellen, the accusations have been made against her staff, and not her. Women in Hollywood have to be perfect little angels or they get cancelled.

The fact that he may replace her is the height of misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 401August 2, 2020 8:30 PM

Sorry, but Ellen is an abomination. She's gotten a pass for way too long. Women and lesbians deserve better representation.

by Anonymousreply 402August 2, 2020 8:44 PM

She might be a bitch, but the hysteria is a bit much 🙄

by Anonymousreply 403August 2, 2020 8:44 PM

If Ellen is such a bitch to work for, don't work for her. That's easy to figure out.

I just find her creepy because all of the cruel stunts she pulls on people and how much she enjoys it. And that awful game show. She LOVES terrorizing those people. Her pointy little face lights up.

It is fascinating to me that she puts her sadistic streak so frequently on display. They all have it in show biz. But they usually keep it a little better under wraps.

by Anonymousreply 404August 2, 2020 9:09 PM

If they came for Ellen, they'll come for Corden. He should be using this time to hide. He should pull a, "In light of what has happened with Ellen it's made me think of my own behavior and IF I have ever done anything to... then I sincerely apologize and promise to do better!"

No matter though, he'd go back to being a monster in 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 405August 2, 2020 9:40 PM

R402, proof please of anything you claim?

Ellen is Queen Cunt, not that fat limey bastard.

by Anonymousreply 406August 3, 2020 2:48 AM

Apologies, R402. That was intended for R401.

by Anonymousreply 407August 3, 2020 2:49 AM

To cancel a powerful man you need him to have 20+ accusations of rape piling up

To cancel a powerful woman you need her to have a no eye contact rule

by Anonymousreply 408August 3, 2020 9:29 AM

I'm not defending Ellen. The allegations are disgusting but it is not like she is part of the Manson clan. I'm looking at your Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 409August 3, 2020 10:44 AM

Cancel culture will erase the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 410August 3, 2020 10:46 AM

I kind of laugh at the arrogance of debating whether she's cancelled or not. The economics will determine that. She's too big to be cancelled in the sense you all are talking about. Only regular people, with little power, get crushed by the velocity of this cancel witch-hunt. She sounds like an awful person, and may lose this gig, but America loves a comeback, comebacks mean money making opportunities and cancel hysteria is too excessive to endure for long. Business as usual in 12 - 18 months, Whether she turns into a hopeless alcoholic is another story. She's obviously a pretty crap person to be around with a lot of demons but she's not criminal in the usual sense.

by Anonymousreply 411August 3, 2020 12:28 PM

Thank you, R411. Finally an adult makes a comment.

by Anonymousreply 412August 3, 2020 12:30 PM

#ReplaceEllen is trending on Twitter and now the "Resistance" liberals are saying this is a plot by Putin and the Russians to sow discord among Americana LOL.

[Quote] #ReplaceEllen has just started trending. Most posts are from an hour ago.

[Quote] Time in Russia now: 12pm.

[Quote] Time in America:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413August 3, 2020 12:56 PM

Blame Russia is a frequent refuge for people who encounter opinions different than their own. I figure if you want to adopt paranoia as a debating strategy, you didn't have a lot of firepower before you made the decision.

by Anonymousreply 414August 3, 2020 1:14 PM

R408 is forgetting all the other reasons Ellen deserves to go: abusing her staff, not using her own camera crew during the pandemic, allowing her producers to commit acts of asexual harassment and racism ON HER OWN STAFF. R408 conveniently forgot to mention all that.

by Anonymousreply 415August 3, 2020 2:08 PM

*commit acts of sexual harassment

by Anonymousreply 416August 3, 2020 2:08 PM

[quote] allowing her producers to commit acts of asexual harassment and racism ON HER OWN STAFF

You're out of your fucking mind to frame it this way. Cunt

by Anonymousreply 417August 3, 2020 3:46 PM

And you're a fucking gash, R417. She takes no responsibility for what HER PRODUCERS DID--much less herself.

You stupid Cunt Ellen lover.

by Anonymousreply 418August 4, 2020 9:19 PM

Ellen must have made some phone calls. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419August 4, 2020 9:53 PM

Ellen must have made some phone calls. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420August 4, 2020 9:53 PM

Her PR team must be working overtime to try to save the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421August 4, 2020 9:54 PM

All she needs now is for George Bush to defend her and the trifecta is complete.

by Anonymousreply 422August 4, 2020 9:57 PM

Everyone is coming out now and defending Ellen. Her job is safe at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 423August 4, 2020 10:43 PM

[quote] I'm not defending Ellen. The allegations are disgusting but it is not like she is part of the Manson clan. I'm looking at your Leslie.

Even then, she found a celebrity gay defender in John Waters.

by Anonymousreply 424August 4, 2020 10:47 PM

Let's be Ellen's PR defenders!

I'm Sean Young and you can trust every word I say!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425August 4, 2020 11:19 PM

Well, hello! Welcome to my new guest home!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426August 4, 2020 11:21 PM

WTF would anyone care about celebrity defenders? Of course the guests are going to be treated better than the “lowly help.” Their words mean nothing.

by Anonymousreply 427August 5, 2020 1:29 AM

"Everyone" is coming out to defend Ellen?

I see two people. Where are the others?

by Anonymousreply 428August 5, 2020 1:33 AM

Scumbag celebs like homophobe Kevin Hart defend her. A prick like Hart and a cunt like DeGeneres are a perfect match--even though he hates dykes as much as he hates fags.

by Anonymousreply 429August 5, 2020 1:34 AM

It suits him to defend her because she, a fellow piece of shit, defended him.

by Anonymousreply 430August 5, 2020 2:17 AM

And now the former DJ chimes in that the set was indeed toxic.

by Anonymousreply 431August 5, 2020 2:56 PM

Fuck--how many people need to come out of the woodwork before she concedes she was a party to this cunty work environment? She is basically making it worse for herself by continuing to deny it. Own your shit Ellen and be part of the solution.

by Anonymousreply 432August 5, 2020 6:53 PM

Are narcissists able to say sorry?

by Anonymousreply 433August 5, 2020 7:06 PM

A former producer confirms the rumors of it being a toxic environment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434August 5, 2020 11:09 PM

The picture in OP's link could crack a mirror

by Anonymousreply 435August 5, 2020 11:21 PM

She BACK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436September 21, 2020 11:17 PM

There is no solution. She's a nasty piece of work and will always be. She can PRETEND to be nice but that's the best she can do. It's better than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 437September 22, 2020 2:50 AM

You still will not be allowed to look at her in the hall, although greeting her vagine with a hearty "Hi Toots!" will be allowed.

by Anonymousreply 438September 22, 2020 3:10 AM

She came out as lesbian 1997, but will she come out as a cunt in 2020? I won’t hold my breath!

by Anonymousreply 439September 22, 2020 3:16 AM

Poor Ellen!

by Anonymousreply 440September 22, 2020 8:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!