Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

First Wives Club Reunion: Family Jewels

There is a new film in pre-production starring Goldie Hawn, Diane Keaton and Bette Midler titled ‘Family Jewels’.

The plot is: Three women are forced to spend Christmas together, along with their children and grandchildren, after the man they were all once married to drops dead in a New York City department store.

I’m excited for this. Let’s hope it happens.

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 8:08 AM

I thought Goldie said she would NEVER work with Bette again.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 1:19 AM

Which one of my songs will they massacre in this movie?

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 1:21 AM

Sounds great! I'll be watching it.

They better hurry up though. Those girls are getting on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 1:37 AM

Like all these comedies starring ladies like these or Gonda and Bergen, etc., it will have a soppy heartwarming series of scenes meant to elicit "Aww" a and sniffles. I hate that comedies with comic actresses always have to soften the comedy in some lame attempt at frau Lifetime Movie sappiness. It would be great to see these three in a comedy that knows how to stay a comedy but this is bound to contain scenes of parents bonding with distant adult children.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 1:38 AM

That silver wig looks great on Midler.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 1:48 AM

Cute idea for a film, but if we're talking about a straight man who had three marriages, and the marriages lasted long enough to produce children... why are all the ex-wives the same age? Or close to the same age?

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 5:00 AM

[Quote] why are all the ex-wives the same age?

Good point. I volunteer to play younger.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 10:21 AM

Predictions:

* Paul Rudnick will be paid $$$$ to punch up the script * Someone will tell Diane Keaton she's still valuable and beautifful * Bette will have one good line. * Bette's one good line will be in the trailer * The trailer will be better than the movie

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 11:34 AM

R4, that pisses me off. I liked “Bad Teacher” because she was still a grifting bitch at the end, just less bad. I hate sappy shit.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 12:27 PM

Sarah Jessica Parker has signed on as the horse for the Central Park carriage scene.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 1:16 PM

And Stockard Channing will cameo as the forth wife who offs herself.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 1:18 PM

But only in a voice recording.

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 1:48 PM

I will play the youngest daughter, a talented Jewess Broadway ingenue!

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 12:20 AM

I for one can’t wait for the triumphant wheelchair race.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 12:38 AM

Heather Locklear (who did a cameo in the movie) just accused her co-star James Naughton of sexual assault.

Naughton fought back provided the script that showed in writing that what Heather described, was actually the scene in the script!

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 12:41 AM

Heather Locklear is an unreliable narrator. And kudos to James for keeping and archiving all his former scripts for easy referrals.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 12:45 AM

Maggie Smith will play a wizened UES matron with an Hermès ostomy bag

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 12:45 AM

I don't understand. Isn’t that basically the plot for the first one?

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 12:50 AM

No. Their friend kills herself. Each of the leads has their own (ex-/unfaithful) husband.

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 12:51 AM

What wives will the exhusbands be on now 4 or 5?

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 12:57 AM

I would more enjoy a film where their kids all get dumped for InstaHos so they set out for revenge. Brenda’s son is dumped by some Jewess Princess for some Heb CEO, Annie’s Dyke daughter is left for a lipstick and Elise can have an adopted Chinese daughter or something.

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 1:01 AM

[quote] Heather Locklear (who did a cameo in the movie) just accused her co-star James Naughton of sexual assault. Naughton fought back provided the script that showed in writing that what Heather described, was actually the scene in the script!

Heather has clarified her remarks writing

“Oh no, I didn’t mean James Naughton did anything wrong,” Locklear wrote on Instagram. “The script called for him to touch my breast. I was surprised that he circled my areola. We had not discussed the scene prior to filming. To be clear, I was never upset with James, just surprised. Love you James.”

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 1:30 AM

[Quote] Speaking on {Zach Braff's} podcast, Heather alleged: 'He doesn’t grab it. He actually outlines my areola with his finger.'

[Quote] She appeared to claim that was his own decision and he did it when the camera was rolling.

[Quote] 'It didn’t say that in the script. I was like [gasps],' she said.

[Quote] 'I'm so glad they're following his hand down because my face, my mouth is fallen open and I can’t believe it and don’t do it again. One take and let’s go.'

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 1:35 AM

[Quote] {Naughton's} rep even shared the script from December 1995. It said, 'Despite the grave facade, we see that Gil is subtly using his finger to feel Mary’s breast. Mary smiles at him shyly.'

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 1:36 AM

Why did Locklear even take that role? I thought even SJP's role was a comedown for her. I guess they were sold as all-star-cameo parts.

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 1:38 AM

That's nothing! In MY cameo scene--which was cut!-- Naughton made a puppet of my pussy. Jstvrammed his hand up there and made me tell corny jokes. All the script says was, "He touches her." He's a pig! And a puppeteer.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 1:50 AM

I'm available to play one of the grandchildren

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 3:46 AM

Well thank God Covid happened because that Locklear scenario is going to be the end of love scenes. I bet we'll see more actors go the Jim Caviziel and Neal McDonough route and not perform kissing/love scenes - but their reasons won't be because of God.

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 4:00 AM

Too bad Olivia Goldsmith died, I loved her books

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 6:13 AM

Jeez, why is it every time a man touches a woman under any circumstances, not matter how minor, it eventually becomes a traumatic confession of abuse? You’re right, R28, eventually no amount of intimacy coordination, consent or prior agreement will be enough. I’m sure more men will start refusing any intimate scenes whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 8:01 AM

I want Jennifer Aniston to play me!

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 8:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!