Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Henry (His Real Name) Felt Like A Spare

Isn't that what he is?

Prince Harry felt like a third wheel — and even like “a gooseberry” — when he carried out official engagements alongside brother Prince William and Kate Middleton, according to one royal expert.

“Harry felt very much like a spare wheel,” Katie Nicholl, told “Entertainment Tonight”, citing excerpts she has read from the upcoming tell-all biography, “Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family.”

The book says Harry was unhappy for some time, Nicholl said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267December 8, 2020 3:10 AM

Boo fucking hoo.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2020 10:48 PM

He could have made something of it...loads of opportunity most people never dream of but I suppose he was so cloistered and unstable and unintelligent that he blew it. Meghan could have done something interesting too but she is nutty, unpleasant, and shot herself in the foot.

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2020 10:50 PM

This is such bs. The period when Will, Kate, and Harry were going around together, it was obvious that they were all having a good time, Kate and Harry were especially close.

Someone is jealous of their camaraderie.

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2020 10:53 PM

Good GOD, what a fucking baby. I understand his feeling that way, but it's nothing for a grown man to complain about. Also, we don't know what a "gooseberry" is in the U.S., though I can get a vague idea from context.

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2020 10:53 PM

He had so much goodwill in the bank from UK citizens, and now he's pissed it all away for what? Living in a sea of drywall, married to a low-life 'actress', threatening spurious lawsuits, and severed family ties. The regret is going to be overwhelming when he finally comes out of the fog in about 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2020 10:53 PM

Felt like a spare, and looks like a scare.

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2020 10:55 PM

Is he still whining about this? As far as I can see, he’s remedied the situation by striking out on his own.

Sack up, son.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2020 10:56 PM

R3 - Meghan was most definitely jealous of Kate. Trust me, I see this with women since living with my roommate. She was kind of a tall poppy and her articles picked up by the press (what's true is that woman works 12 hours a day despite being born pretty privileged) and some of the lazy cube fraus at work were always trying to undermine her.

Same dynamic. Kate may be a tad too traditional, but has no problem working and being pleasant while a big part of the dislike for Meghan is not her race, but the fact that she has been causing drama from day one and not doing an iota of work. She is the skinny version of a fat cube frau but hides it better.

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2020 10:58 PM

Sayonara, toots! Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2020 10:59 PM

Because you ARE, Blanche.

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2020 11:00 PM

It's not enough just to have been merely surviving--Harry had to THRIVE!

by Anonymousreply 11July 30, 2020 11:00 PM

You never hear other royal spares whining about how hard they have it. Grow up, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2020 11:01 PM

No, many royal Spares have whined about their lot in life, although most had the sense to keep the whining private and not give the public a chance to mock them for being spoiled idiots. And I can see why a spare would whine in private, the job of "spare" may be well compensated, but the work itself is boring and stifling and puts all kinds of limitations on your private life. A huge proportion of Spares become drunken messes like Princess Margaret, instead of solid citizens like Princess Anne, and hell I wouldn't want the job.

BTW, I think Harry has made "mental illness" his personal cause... because claiming mental illness gives him a chance to whine without being called out for being a spoiled prat.

by Anonymousreply 13July 30, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote] A huge proportion of Spares become drunken messes like Princess Margaret,

Name them, then.

by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2020 11:19 PM

Gee, I wonder who put those ideas in his head?

by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2020 11:20 PM

You can’t look at that picture at OP and deny that he is Charles’ son, can you?

by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2020 11:22 PM

Harry and Margaret, R14

100% of the spares born within our lifetimes.

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2020 11:23 PM

I'd love to be a spare!

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2020 11:24 PM

r17, then your sentence makes no sense: "A huge proportion of Spares become drunken messes like Princess Margaret, instead of solid citizens like Princess Anne, and hell I wouldn't want the job. "

Moreover, you did not specify at all "in our lifetimes."

You're backpedaling because you were talking completely out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2020 11:26 PM

I didn’t write the sentence you quoted. I cannot even see that post (I must have the poster blocked.)

I am simply responding to your post at R14 on its own terms.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2020 11:29 PM

Also, Harry is not a drunk. I've seen nothing yet that proves that or even claims that.

by Anonymousreply 21July 30, 2020 11:29 PM

Nor is Andrew, who was the spare for quite a while, a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 22July 30, 2020 11:30 PM

Nor is Princess Charlotte a drunk. She was born within our lifetimes too.

by Anonymousreply 23July 30, 2020 11:32 PM

It's hard, if not impossible, to feel sorry for him. To paraphrase a columnist in "The Guardian" this week:

They do not matter.

His brother acted like a snob to Meghan. It would be a surprise, if he were not a snob.

William told Harry to take his time in getting to know her. Sounds like good advice to me.

She came with baggage. Well, she did. Her father could teach the Windsors a thing or two about heaping emotional abuse on family members.

A royal supposedly called her "Harry's showgirl." Well, that rather overinflated the entertainment value of "Suits."

And as this columnist pointed out. They went from "subsidized luxury" to living in Tyler Perry's mansion.

Real hard to feel sorry for a grown man who as one poster here at The Data Lounge once pointed out, lives a life of "unearned wealth" and "undeserved privilege."

by Anonymousreply 24July 30, 2020 11:33 PM

The British royal family is not the only royal house with spares.

by Anonymousreply 25July 30, 2020 11:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 30, 2020 11:35 PM

R24 - I am surprised William is a snob. From what I know about Kate, she is still friends with and talks all the time with the daughter of a Pakistani fast food owner who was her childhood friend and hangs out with her. However, maybe that is how William ended up cheating on her with the snobby lady who prefers living a lie with a gay man for the wealth and title.

by Anonymousreply 27July 30, 2020 11:37 PM

[quote]Nor is Andrew, who was the spare for quite a while, a drunk.

No, his issues manifested in a different way. ALLEGEDLY.

by Anonymousreply 28July 30, 2020 11:39 PM

The one who's going to end of cheating is Harry.

by Anonymousreply 29July 30, 2020 11:39 PM

[quote] The British royal family is not the only royal house with spares.

Then name the other spares who became drunks.

So far we have established Princess Margaret was a drunk. Who else?

by Anonymousreply 30July 30, 2020 11:40 PM

R24, umm BonniePrinceCharlie... as a fellow Stuart this is kind of a win for us...

by Anonymousreply 31July 30, 2020 11:41 PM

R29 - Harry needs to move to Calabasas and start hanging out with the Equinox set. He would fit in with Kim and Kanye just fine.

by Anonymousreply 32July 30, 2020 11:43 PM

I wasn't the one who said most spares are drunks. The spares of other royal houses aren't whining to the media how hard their lives are.

by Anonymousreply 33July 30, 2020 11:45 PM

^^about how hard their lives are.

by Anonymousreply 34July 30, 2020 11:48 PM

The only thing I fell sorry for Harry about is the fact that he lost his mother when he was 12.

by Anonymousreply 35July 30, 2020 11:49 PM

R27, it's the nature of the system that makes William a snob. Even Harry is one. They are firm believers in monarchy. Snobbery comes with the the system.

by Anonymousreply 36July 31, 2020 12:10 AM

If William was such a snob, he wouldn't have married the daughter of a stewardess and granddaughter of a miner.

by Anonymousreply 37July 31, 2020 12:11 AM

"Harry and Margaret, [R14] 100% of the spares born within our lifetimes. "

Edward and Anne turned out okay. Well, Anne turned out borderline awesome, and Edward has done his duty and represented the monarchy as well as he can. Of course Edward had his issues and must have had to work through a lot of genuine unhappiness, but at least HE had the sense to keep his struggles private.

by Anonymousreply 38July 31, 2020 12:14 AM

Yeah, I can't see Kate is much of an improvement on Meghan in terms of class position. Kate's parents were millionaires through their labors who are descended from the middle classes, whereas Meghan herself was a millionaire through her labor who is descended from the middle classes. That's really the only difference.

by Anonymousreply 39July 31, 2020 12:15 AM

But he is the spare

by Anonymousreply 40July 31, 2020 12:17 AM

Andrew was never the spare. He is the third child. Anne is the spare.

by Anonymousreply 41July 31, 2020 12:18 AM

All younger siblings are spares.

It's only when there are only two siblings that you have THE heir and THE spare, singular.

by Anonymousreply 42July 31, 2020 12:33 AM

R41, not true. Until the succession to the crown was revised before the birth of Prince George, males had preference over females. Anne moved down the line of succession after the birth of her two younger brothers. The succession is now based on birth order rather than gender, but I believe this is only for George and his siblings moving forward, I don't believe it's retroactive to Charles and his siblings.

by Anonymousreply 43July 31, 2020 12:38 AM

Anne was only briefly the spare. She had no right to succession as long as she had living brothers and the recent laws changing that weren't made retroactive.

by Anonymousreply 44July 31, 2020 12:39 AM

R36 but then he is not really a snob but rather someone who simply was born into the system and doesn't know anything else. I doubt Harry is a snob as he has no issues dating and choosing a commoner and biracial self-made woman over am aristocratic one and he is often seen grabbing a bag from Chipotle. The people who have served him around the valley said he was very nice and relaxed and never complained or omitted a generous tip.

by Anonymousreply 45July 31, 2020 12:46 AM

Harry and Meghan have raging cocaine addictions.

by Anonymousreply 46July 31, 2020 1:25 AM

R46 - that is something I heard before. That their disheveled look and odd behavior looks like some substance abuse is going on according to a buddy of mine who works in a rehab facility. Harry is often visibly under the influence, be it too much booze or whatever, and the way she is so careless with her appearance for an actress from LA seems typical for this.

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2020 1:34 AM

At least that seems to make some sense of all this insanity, r46. Other than drugs, I cannot imagine how both of them have gone so far off the rails so quickly. It's been amazing to witness.

by Anonymousreply 48July 31, 2020 3:34 AM

[quote]although most had the sense to keep the whining private and not give the public a chance to mock them for being spoiled idiots.

Not Princess Margaret Rose, she was a badass who did what she wanted. Why is she not a Datalounge goddess??

by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2020 4:35 AM

Elizabeth, the Queen Mum was not a snob. She'd go to pool halls and play snooker with the common folk. Of course when she lost, which wasn't often, but when she did, she'd hit them with the pool cue and they had to take it.

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2020 4:37 AM

“Hey, Pop I thought I was the baby of this family?”

by Anonymousreply 51July 31, 2020 5:17 AM

What a whiny bitch he is. Try being the middle child. Now THAT can suck!

by Anonymousreply 52July 31, 2020 5:52 AM

r52 = Princess Charlotte

by Anonymousreply 53July 31, 2020 5:55 AM

Try being the middle child whose younger brothers get legal preference because they aren't girls!

But you don't see Princess Anne whinging about that. On fact, if Charles had spent him to spend the summers with Anne and learn what it is to muck out a few stables and get dinged round the earhole if he didn't groom his horse properly after a dressage lesson, he'd be a lot more functional today.

by Anonymousreply 54July 31, 2020 6:42 AM

Butcha ahh a spare, Harry! Ya ahh a spare!

by Anonymousreply 55July 31, 2020 6:54 AM

Oh brother. This is what everyone who’s not an only child deals with. Birth order affects everyone. There are shitty aspects of being the eldest, too. And the youngest.

Get some therapy if it’s really bothering you, you big baby.

by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2020 9:41 AM

R41 you're an idiot. Princess Anne was never the spare despite being older than Andrew. Only the eldest males inherit the throne. If Charles had died without any children, Andrew would be King after him. Now he's relegated to about 9th in line or something like that. Anne would never, never have inherited the throne. They are only now altering it for the eldest CHILD, not son to inherit. But William's eldest child is male so yes, for the first time, Charlotte a girl, is the spare not her younger brother.

by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2020 12:59 PM

Him feeling like a third wheel is a reason why he'd rush into a marriage. Its not a reason to completely change his personality, and run off to Hollywood to become a paid public speaker.

by Anonymousreply 58July 31, 2020 1:25 PM

There's a ten year gap between Anne and Andrew. So, for those ten years before Andrew was born, she was the spare.

by Anonymousreply 59July 31, 2020 1:30 PM

Out of the frying pan and into the fire!!!!

by Anonymousreply 60July 31, 2020 1:39 PM

Do you think Anne ever said, "It broke because I do a lot of horseback riding."?

I bet she used that excuse a lot.

by Anonymousreply 61July 31, 2020 2:39 PM

R61 Anne doesn't seem the type of person who would misrepresent herself and doesn't need to. Misrepresentation is more Meghan's department.

by Anonymousreply 62July 31, 2020 4:51 PM

OH.MY.GOD. R57, you are a total idiot. The conversation just sailed over your head.

by Anonymousreply 63July 31, 2020 5:04 PM

R31, yes, indeed! Now if only we can get rid of those Guelphs, Wettins, and Saxe-Coburg und Gothas!! The rightful claimant to the throne is His Royal Highness Franz, Duke of Bavaria, of Franconia and in Swabia, Count Palatine of the Rhine.

I raise my glass. I hold it over my water glass. I propose a toast to our sovereign to whom I pray good health and a long reign. While others may toast to Elizabeth, I secretly salute His Majesty King Francis II of England, Scotland, France, and Ireland.

Historical explanation: Duke Franz of Bavaria (b. 1933) is the present Jacobite claimant to the English throne. He has publicly stated that he has no interest in laying claim to the British throne. Jacobites in 18th century England were traitors. If you were one and true to your allegiance, you went to the Stuart court in exile in first in France and lastly in Rome. If you were a Jacobite but wished to retain your lands and titles, you kept your true stripes to yourself. When a toast was raised to one of the Hanoverian Georges, you would hold your raised glass over a water glass. It symbolized that you were toasting to the king "over the water," i. e. across the Channel...either the Old Pretender or the Young Pretender (BPC). After the death of the Young Pretender and his brother Henry, Cardinal York, the Jacobite claim descended to the House of Wittelsbach.

Thank you, R31. at last I got a chance to explain my moniker.

by Anonymousreply 64July 31, 2020 5:21 PM

Here's Franz's heir, Ludwig (Louis).

A real cutie.

Btw, he's a lot into aid to developing countries and humanitarian causes in Africa - unlike a wannabe humanitarian royal couple currently residing in some bloke's house in Cali.

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2020 8:14 PM

Sorry, here's the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 31, 2020 8:15 PM

Google - Branwen Lipstick Alley. You will get all the posts from this poster or font. This font has been on the site for a week. All comments are pro Andrew and negative Meghan. This is a cleaner. Everybody is laughing their asses off at how obvious. All comments by cleaner trolls are being logged. Their is a major cybercrime case unfolding. The outrage against Meghan is faux outrage and being logged and flagged.

by Anonymousreply 67July 31, 2020 8:31 PM

The loon aka R67 is back.

Hi Meg loon!

by Anonymousreply 68July 31, 2020 8:40 PM

R47 I agree Harry seems depressed or high. But I thought Meghan was trying to come across as natural, relaxed, casual, genuine and cool. She seems like the type to live for her image. She tries hard. I don’t think she has great style though. She wears ill-fitting clothes and her jewelry and hair don’t look very attractive.

Me thinks she lacks creativity and never developed her “eye” for fashion.

by Anonymousreply 69July 31, 2020 8:46 PM

r67 is one of the insane Megstans. They're truly insane and many of them are all over twitter right now threatening the Queen's dresser Angela Kelley for "refusing to give Meghan her tiara."

Their delusions are bizarre and apparently know no bounds. I really think at least one of them is going to try to do someone physical harm one day.

by Anonymousreply 70July 31, 2020 8:50 PM

[quote]You can’t look at that picture at OP and deny that he is Charles’ son, can you?

Harry has developed the same scowl that Charles has. At certain angles, when he scowls, he looks just like Charles.

by Anonymousreply 71July 31, 2020 9:30 PM

Snitchypoo! Missed ya, gurl! [Waves at R67]

by Anonymousreply 72July 31, 2020 9:34 PM

There are also issues with being an only child.

by Anonymousreply 73July 31, 2020 11:08 PM

R47 before I left LA to transfer out here I got pretty active in vinyasa yoga at Equinox because an instructor friend who had just adopted a baby with his husband asked me to go to his class. I got in shape very quickly and loved the athletic element and the social element. The yoga moms, young girls and the guys who are into this kind of yoga like Meghan claims she is and claims Harry also is, are all pretty much health nuts but relaxed, easy going, open-minded, have their shit together and are pretty stable, and successful individuals who were the nicest to the staff.

I think when Meghan started she was like that bit maybe got into drugs along the way? Only thing that can explain her and Harry's bizzaro behavior and constant living on handouts along with disheveled look.

by Anonymousreply 74July 31, 2020 11:14 PM

[quote]Their is a major cybercrime case unfolding.

I'm sure this has been said before, but please, seek professional help.

Saying mean things about a celebrity on the Internet is not a "cybercrime."

by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2020 12:14 AM

[quote] Saying mean things about a celebrity on the Internet is not a "cybercrime."

Not yet, maybe, but just wait for my lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 76August 1, 2020 12:18 AM

[quote] Their is a major cybercrime case unfolding.

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 77August 1, 2020 12:22 AM

R67’s comment made me surprise-laugh so hard I choked on my own saliva (gross, I know.) is that person D*v*da?

Oh my lord. I’m just catching my breath now.

Harry is such a little bitch, I swear. He doesn’t look like one, but he is. I hear his reedy wimpy poncy voice and I want to smack him.

by Anonymousreply 78August 1, 2020 12:56 AM

The older Harry gets, the more and more obvious it is that his father is Charles. At one time, I could see why people thought he might not be, but Harry is getting to be the very spit and image of Prince Philip. Those pinched-in eyes are a dominant family trait, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 79August 1, 2020 1:27 AM

[quote] Princess Anne was never the spare despite being older than Andrew. Only the eldest males inherit the throne.

If Elizabeth R. and Prince Charles had somehow died before Andrew was born in 1960, but after Anne was born in 1950, Anne would have acceded to the throne as Queen Anne II. For the first ten years of her life, she was indeed the spare.

Who else do you think would have inherited the throne if say the queen and Charles had died if, say, a bomb had gone off in Windsor Castle killing them both before Andrew was born? If there were no sons, succession in those days went to the monarch's daughter (which is how Elizabeth herself inherited the throne--she was the eldest daughter of George V).

Because of male primogeniture, when Andrew was born, Anne became #3 in line to the throne, and then when Edward was born in 1964, she became #4 in line. But when there were only her and Charles, she was indeed the second in line.

by Anonymousreply 80August 1, 2020 1:52 AM

[quote]Who else do you think would have inherited the throne if say the queen and Charles had died

My husband would have done a bang up job.

by Anonymousreply 81August 1, 2020 2:18 AM

R79, same. I never doubted his paternity because I didn’t think Diana would DARE. But now it’s obvious.

by Anonymousreply 82August 1, 2020 2:26 AM

Diana wouldn't dare, r82.

We were all conditioned by Dodi Fayed's corrupt but rich father, via his misinformation videos and "BRF Awful" campaign after her death to wonder if there was something misreported about her death.

There wasn't. Diana got with Dodi briefly, no doubt to infuriate the BRF: in the years before the crash, Mohammad Fayed was mainly famous in the UK for his extremely vocal attempts to get a UK passport. If memory serves, he attempted to be in the newspapers every day for the previous ten years, whining about being turned down over and over despite being so rich, and every time he was turned down (for corruption and gun-running) he would renew his effort to try to catch the Queen's attention via media, in various weird ways, in yet another attempt to get a passport.

So he offered Diana the summer holiday that no one else would, and his scummy son not only demanded speed but failed to check if the driver (a trusted Fayed man) was even sober.

And then everyone but Trevor the RPO died. Why?

Because Trevor the RPO was the only one wearing a seatbelt.

by Anonymousreply 83August 1, 2020 3:02 AM

According to the Morton book, Dodi was going to propose the night of the crash. He had put an engagement ring under Diana's pillow.

by Anonymousreply 84August 1, 2020 3:05 AM

Morton was one of the few media people who was reasonably friendly with al-Fayed, r84.

by Anonymousreply 85August 1, 2020 3:14 AM

The greatest of the Great, in slo-mo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 1, 2020 3:28 AM

Actually, it's not fair to show that vid out of context: The context is that the Screamy Queen was VERY blase until the moment, and then his friend had to stifle a laugh at his epic Diana SCREAM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 1, 2020 3:33 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 1, 2020 3:45 AM

I had read that Diana was really involve with that doctor, Hazat Khan. He dumped her and she wanted to make him jealous so she went out with Fayed, who she had turned down several times before. All those shots - the blue bathing suit on the diving board were all staged.

I wrote this another thread, but after reading that shitty "Royals at War" the DM was quoting, Will and Kate didn't like Meghan b/c Kate caught her taking pictures of Charlotte. From the book, they were having a casual family dinner to meet Meghan with the kids running around. Meghan excused herself to take a call and Charlotted followed her into the other room. Kate went to get her and found Meghan taking photos. Nothing was said, but Will told Harry that he should slow it down.

by Anonymousreply 89August 1, 2020 3:54 AM

“spit and image”, R79?

by Anonymousreply 90August 1, 2020 6:43 AM

Perhaps it’s more keenly felt because there’s a future throne involved, but I think it’s a common resentment from any second-born. He still incredibly privileged. Maybe his wife did show him around LA’s poor neighborhoods to show him what a whiny little bitch he’s being.

by Anonymousreply 91August 1, 2020 11:11 AM

He is like that red haired on Diff'rent Strokes, no one likes him and he ruined a perfectly good story.

by Anonymousreply 92August 1, 2020 3:35 PM

"Perhaps it’s more keenly felt because there’s a future throne involved, but I think it’s a common resentment from any second-born. "

Well that's the thing, there are resentments between siblings in normal healthy families, but in families where primogeniture means that there's absolutely no hope of an equal deal between siblings... oh YEAH, there are issues between siblings! The younger sons (and all the daughters who aren't only children) of the rich and titled have been getting the shaft for centuries now, like in Jane Austen, all the elder sons with fortunes and manors, and all the younger sons out there desperate to marry for money.

You'd think there would be issues of that sort between Charles, Anne, Andrew, and Edward, but either they've gotten along surprisingly well, or it's all been hushed up. Or maybe Anne, who got the short end of the titular stick at least, told Andrew and Edward to shut up about it.

by Anonymousreply 93August 1, 2020 4:11 PM

Meghan wants to be queen (bee) more than Harry wants to be king, which is not at all.

by Anonymousreply 94August 1, 2020 5:02 PM

R90, look it up.

by Anonymousreply 95August 1, 2020 7:53 PM

Cry me a fucking river possum face. A lot of kids don't have parents or even clean water.

by Anonymousreply 96August 1, 2020 11:01 PM

R91 - puhlease! Showing him poor neighborhoods is not gonna help. His mom took him to see people ravaged by AIDS, strokes, cancers, and homelessness. Did it change him?

by Anonymousreply 97August 1, 2020 11:16 PM

He thinks he's mentally ill, PTSD or depression or something, which means he thinks he still gets to whine even though he's massively privileged.

They both want to believe that, because he wants to whine about his lot in life, and she doesn't want him to realize she's the one with the personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 98August 1, 2020 11:28 PM

r97 speaks the truth!

by Anonymousreply 99August 1, 2020 11:57 PM

Dan Wootten outed the fact that William worked with the tiara lady to stop Meghan getting a tiara. The queen's guards are in trouble for cocaine and ketamin possession. The guards and royal footmen had a fist fight in a pub. Andrew is being named in affidavits in underage sex slave crimes. William and Kate are promoting the travel industry by traveling to an island that Charles owns so all money is actually going to royal pockets not every day Mr blogs. They travelled during a pandemic. And the Sussex are the problem. No one believes the propaganda against the Sussex outside of the racist bubble that surrounds the Brf and UK media. Everybody knows they are being thrown to the wolves to cover for the rest. And more and more people are disgusted with it. It is foul.

by Anonymousreply 100August 2, 2020 12:27 AM

Sure Jan@r100.

by Anonymousreply 101August 2, 2020 12:35 AM

Meghan's shady.

by Anonymousreply 102August 2, 2020 12:41 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 2, 2020 1:48 AM

MM has a hairdresser? They do a really bad job on her hair and wigs/extensions.

by Anonymousreply 104August 2, 2020 2:50 AM

[quote] The queen's guards are in trouble for cocaine and ketamin possession. The guards and royal footmen had a fist fight in a pub.

Soldiers with drugs, and having drunken fights? Say it aint so!

by Anonymousreply 105August 2, 2020 2:55 AM

Ok, two things here I kind of believe.

One she was clueless as to how things worked and that is on Harry to have told her the ways of the householdz which he stupidly didn't do.

Two, when a man feels his "manhood" is attacked because you attack his "woman", you are making him less of a man and that can make anyone angry. True story, music directors I wrote a piece about and who knows my Freddie Mercury obsession says he wasn't as close to his bndmates as he could be not because the moment he started openly seeing men their bitchy wives stopped inviting his ex anywhere despite him saying that at work, they should treat her as his wife.

By not inviting/tiara nonsense, you are also indirectly insulting a man. Any man, prince or homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 106August 2, 2020 3:31 AM

What ho! Has everyone missed the big story? Tommy Lascelles’ diaries are being (re)published Aug 6.

King's Counsellor: Abdication And War, The Diaries Of Sir Alan Lascelles

by Anonymousreply 107August 2, 2020 3:32 AM

R100 must be under the influence. The utter nonsense this loon keeps posting can't be explained in any other way.

by Anonymousreply 108August 2, 2020 12:23 PM

R103 One of the top comments about Harry:

“After being portrayed for years as a fun-loving, jokey, cheeky chappie, it turns out he's basically not a very nice man.”

by Anonymousreply 109August 2, 2020 12:33 PM

It's too late. The article the daily mail published today about Andrew and the evidence that was destroyed has infuriated a lot of people. Every single SM platform has people screaming about how disgusting the Brf is. Go take a look. Twitter, Instagram, LSA. Andrew is trending. Troll threads and negative Sussex articles are only fueling the fire. This isn't going away.

by Anonymousreply 110August 2, 2020 12:46 PM

“Yeah, I’ll take that tiara now. Yeah, NOW! Whaddaya think, I’ve got all day? Serge here flew in from Paris and I’m payin’ him by the hour, so... Well, just get the key and I’ll unlock it myself, then. What’s the big fucking deal? She said I could borrow it.”

by Anonymousreply 111August 2, 2020 12:48 PM

what r106 said.

Some here disagree and I respect that but I maintain (I've said so on other threads) both the following are true: 1. The Sussexes married way too soon, and, 2. Prince William should have kept his big mouth shut in cautioning Harry about that.

Human relationships are full of ambiguities, contradictions and choices, and Satan knows we've all made wrong choices and that was the wrong choice for William to open his yap to Harry about "slowing down".

And Markle should've let Harry marry someone else, and, instead, be is his publicly acknowledged mistress; money upfront.

by Anonymousreply 112August 2, 2020 12:54 PM

R110, you should understand that people can criticize Meghan AND Andrew at the same time. We’re not being forced to choose.

And whatever happens to the monarchy shouldn’t affect Meghan and Harry because they have left it.

by Anonymousreply 113August 2, 2020 12:54 PM

Meg fans must think that if Andrew is exposed that it's going to make Meghan and Harry look like saints. It doesn't work that way--two, or three, wrongs don't make a right.

by Anonymousreply 114August 2, 2020 12:55 PM

R110, what article about Andrew in the Mail?

Lay off the booze, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 115August 2, 2020 12:56 PM

So, as I understand it, MM's perception is that the BRF weaponised protocol to harass and exclude her. And it seems, some of the time, they did.

by Anonymousreply 116August 2, 2020 1:51 PM

That's ridiculous, r116. Protocol is impersonal and long-standing by its very nature. It is applicable to everyone except the Queen (although I'll bet the Queen follows protocol assiduously). It's there for a variety of reasons, security being one, and to assist the staff (via providing a predictable road map of every form of engagement) being another.

The fact that all other Royal brides managed to borrow their wedding tiaras from the Queen without this kind of drama is so telling. It seems clear that the others bothered to call the woman in charge of the Queen's jewels (Angela Kelley) and asked how to go about borrowing the tiara/jewels. Why Meghan didn't think to find out what the protocol was surrounding such a precious item is mystifying. It's obvious that for security reasons alone there would be heavy protocol over any tiara's use and whereabouts.

Who would imagine one could just rock up to the front door of Buckingham Palace and demand access to the Queen's jewels? What was her excuse? "Well she SAID that I could borrow it, so give it to me NOW, underling!"

No - what the tiara tale tells us is that Meghan thought she was above the protocol to which all other members of the BRF adhere. Same when she refused to wear a hat on her one outing with the Queen. Meghan's ego - and Harry's - seem to know absolutely no bounds.

by Anonymousreply 117August 2, 2020 2:38 PM

To add, the Tiara Tale also tells us that Harry is an ungrateful asshole who thinks nothing of attempting to get long-standing servants into trouble/fired because they asked him to follow protocol. He apparently phoned up a bunch of courtiers after Angela Kelley said that a formal appointment needed to be made to view the tiara, and attempted to cause trouble for her because she insisted that protocol be followed. This is when he screamed "WHAT MEGHAN WANTS, MEGHAN GETS!!" He's probably known Angela Kelly all his life, and having grown up in that environment, he clearly knew what she was saying was true, but he still tried to fuck her over because of it. What a completely spoilt asshole.

by Anonymousreply 118August 2, 2020 2:51 PM

So there were two tiaragates? The one about being refused the emerald tiara disclosed in the Charles at 70 bio (printed with his permission) which hasn't been denied or refuted and now this. The drama is dizzying 😵.

by Anonymousreply 119August 2, 2020 2:57 PM

There was even a third tiaragate when Charles had to tell her she could not wear a tiara in Fiji, where the average wage is $400 a month. She apparently wasn't too happy about that either.

Soon after the Fiji story was reported, there was a fourth Tiaragate when was then reported that the Queen had cut Meghan off from wearing any of her jewels:

"The Sun quoted a senior royal insider who said, “Aspects of Meghan’s behavior, including before the royal wedding, caused resentment with forces within Buckingham Palace.”

So, Buckingham Palace applied the new rules about jewelry loans in an effort to “maintain order, hierarchy and precedence” within the royal family, an insider told the Daily Mail.

That means that certain tiaras, necklaces, earrings and other priceless items, which are loaned at the queen’s discretion for official events and state visits, will not be made available to the former TV actress, according to reports."

“It is true that Buckingham Palace did not want all the items in the Royal Collection to be opened up to Meghan at this time,” the senior royal source told the Sun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 2, 2020 3:18 PM

R112 - I agree. Other people need to keep their mouth shut about other people's personal relationships because nobody asked them to judge how two adults chose to live (friends, lovers, open relationships, spouses, etc.) because any man will see it as an attack on his lifestyle and his manhood. The result will ALWAYS be that man shunning them no matter who the woman/man is and he will defer to the partner/friend, no matter how awful that person is. Obviously, in cases of physical or sexual abuse it is ok to intervene but if you don't see danger, shut up. And yeah, they got married too soon, again, probably spurred on by idiots William and Kate meddling and making Harry feel like less than a grown man. They are not without any blame.

by Anonymousreply 121August 2, 2020 3:24 PM

Prince Harry was "upset" at the Queen's decision to bar Meghan access to her jewels. Apparently the decision links directly back to Meghan and Harry's behaviour before the wedding. I presume that means Tiaragate #1 when Harry shouted at and about Angela Kelley, who is in charge of the Queen's jewels.

From the article: The Queen made Prince William personally aware of her decision to ban Meghan from wearing jewellery from the Royal Collection — sparking further tensions between him and brother Harry."

So the Queen was angry enough that she personally called William to tell him and avoided talking to Harry? She must have been mighty, mighty pissed off to do it that way, and to do it herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 2, 2020 3:24 PM

"Huge chunks of Meghan Markle's official biography has suddenly been culled from the Royal Family's official website"

They took out the "biography" section, which said she is a "proud feminist" and made mention of "keen awareness of Social Issues" and in which she talked about how, when she was 11, she got a company to change its 'sexist' advertising.

Left up are the shorter 'about', 'education; and 'career' sections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 2, 2020 3:48 PM

I don't think the emerald tiara that Megan wanted was the Greville tiara that Eugenie wore because that tiara hadn't been seen in public in decades and was completely off the radar. Where would Megan have heard about it?

I think she wanted this one, which Albert designed and presented as a gift to Victoria. It's been on display in Kensington Palace for two or three years and a reproduction was seen in an early episode of The Crown. Megan could have seen it either place. She supposedly taught herself about royal life by watching The Crown.

What she probably didn't know is that the piece is no longer in the possession of the BRF. Victoria gifted it to one of her daughters when the daughter married the Duke of Fife and the Fife family still owns it. And it is being displayed in a museum like setting because it is now far too fragile to wear -- it would fall apart.

Of course, she could have demanded the Vladimir. She's stupid and ballsy enough to demand HM surrender one of her personally owned and most cherished pieces of jewelry that no one else has ever been allowed to wear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 2, 2020 3:49 PM

Damn, those royals really know how to put on the poker face. Yes, they didn't look happy at the wedding, but considering how many macroaggressions Meghan committed before the ceremony, theirs were virtuoso performances in restraint. Let's see:

1) Tiaragate #1; 2) Tiaragate #2; 3) Taking photos of Charlotte w/o her parents' knowledge or permission; 4) Leaking to Lainey about not getting a ride; 5) Making postpartum Kate cry at a dress fitting; 6) Selecting a 75K evening gown for the official engagement photo; 7) Berating a Windsor chef claiming he lied about egg in a vegan dish; 8) Asking for air freshener in St. George's chapel.

Have I missed anything? You know the different palaces and offices are gossip hives so it wouldn't be surprising if some or all of these were known by most of the people in the choir seating. Her arrogance, presumptuousness, and bad manners are pretty dam staggering in any setting, but in the RF it's so, so egregious.

by Anonymousreply 125August 2, 2020 3:53 PM

Sorry, I misspelled Meghan above as Megan. I should have just spelled it correctly as MeAgain.

by Anonymousreply 126August 2, 2020 3:56 PM

Look at Mary and Elizabeth to see two royals who were treated like shit and rose above it.

by Anonymousreply 127August 2, 2020 4:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 2, 2020 4:20 PM

[quote]She even gave her a SMYTHSON notebook!!

Well, it was a step up from a banana that she usually gifts people.

by Anonymousreply 129August 2, 2020 4:27 PM

R121 Giving his brother what has turned out to be sound advice is hardly meddling. William has known Harry all his life and probably didn't expect him to turn on his family due to someone he barely knew.

by Anonymousreply 130August 2, 2020 4:56 PM

R116, did she REALLY think that she could show up at the castle and get into the Queen’s jewel vault? FFS, you need an authorized manager to get into any safety deposit box at the Main Street Bank and Trust!

But it’s because she’s black, right?

by Anonymousreply 131August 2, 2020 4:56 PM

The rules don't apply to Meghan because she's special.

by Anonymousreply 132August 2, 2020 4:59 PM

R123, speaking of which... I remember when “Master Archie Harrison” appeared in a pull-down menu on the site, directly below Queen E. Above Prince Philip and everyone else. I thought I’d screenshot it, but apparently didn’t.

I wondered how that happened... and then it moved and went away.

by Anonymousreply 133August 2, 2020 5:00 PM

I remember when that happened, r133. There are screenshots out there.

by Anonymousreply 134August 2, 2020 5:13 PM

[quote] Dan Wootten outed the fact that William worked with the tiara lady to stop Meghan getting a tiara.

That's a completely unbelievable claim.

[bold]All[/bold] royal women (even Zara Phillips!) wear tiaras at their weddings--that's just part of the protocol. There is no way in a million years William would or could stop Meghan from wearing a tiara to her wedding when she was going to be made Duchess of Sussex (which he very well knew).

by Anonymousreply 135August 2, 2020 5:18 PM

r125, it was the Vladimir. The queen's aides have said that the problem in lending it to Meghan was the dubious Russian provenance of that tiara, which of course makes no sense because the queen herself wears it. She didn't want to lend it because it is one of her favorites and it is uniquely associated with her, and that is of course her right.

by Anonymousreply 136August 2, 2020 5:21 PM

Life is not fair, is what it boils down to. And life’s not fair.

It’s certainly more fair to Harry than it’s been for most of us.

by Anonymousreply 137August 2, 2020 6:04 PM

That explains why Harry and Meghan always looked like something dragged in by a very indiscriminate cat. They probably thought that advice to wear pressed clothes (without tags!), clean shoes, brush their hair, etc. was an attack to their lifestyle and respective manhood/womanhood, which is literal violence. And William with his “take as much time you need to get to know this girl better” is definitely worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 138August 2, 2020 6:07 PM

Harry now comes across as a petty, vindictive, vicious, demanding, deluded, spoilt brat.

And I had thought it was bad enough when he just came across as pussywhipped in the extreme and dumb as a box of hair.

by Anonymousreply 139August 2, 2020 6:13 PM

[quote] Harry now comes across as a petty, vindictive, vicious, demanding, deluded, spoilt brat.

Because he knows that Liz has maybe 10 years left. And then his father will take over and his father is too weak willed to manage Harry. The Harkles will rise again like the Thenardiers at the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 140August 2, 2020 6:17 PM

Here is a good bio on Mary and Elizabeth. If you want to know how they used to treat actual heirs like shit, not someone like Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 2, 2020 6:22 PM

I think a lot of Harry's rage about his mother's death is really directed towards Philip, for making him march behind her casket in front of billions of eyes, which Harry has said (and everyone thought at the time) was uniquely cruel and horrible. I think when Philip and the Queen die, he will be calmer--also probably when his father dies (since his father okayed it). But I am sure it's very hard for Harry to admit this to himself.

by Anonymousreply 142August 2, 2020 6:25 PM

The Sussexes will never rise again. Even if PC is too weak to manage them, once QE turns her toes up, William will rise like a behemoth.

by Anonymousreply 143August 2, 2020 6:27 PM

That story about Meghan taking photos of Charlotte is so weird I'm not sure I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 144August 2, 2020 6:45 PM

Harry probably thought he could get around the old lady (QEII) and when that didn't happen, he just had to blame someone.

by Anonymousreply 145August 2, 2020 6:48 PM

Harry's lucky his great granny wasn't alive. She'd have bashed him with a sock full of snooker balls.

by Anonymousreply 146August 2, 2020 6:53 PM

Am I remembering it wrong that one of Meghan's assistants for the first year was there to specifically assist her in learning protocol, ways to navigate living in Great Britain and the BRF? I think this person barely lasted 6 months.

Anyone saying family and friends should shut-up about your personal relationships must not be very close to anyone. My family all talked with me after my engagement. Same with several friends. This was out of love and concern, plus some sage advice that I could decide to use or ignore.

William and Harry also have a unique relationship; they are bothers but one will eventually be king.

William was passing on advice from their mother. Harry is the one with issues deciding this was in any way negative criticism.

by Anonymousreply 147August 2, 2020 6:54 PM

I've read, rightly or wrongly, that Philip was appalled by the idea of the two young boys walking behind their mother's casket in front of crowds and was the only one who tried to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 148August 2, 2020 6:57 PM

I read that too, R148. IIRC, Phillip consoled Harry by telling him that he would walk right beside him if he wanted him too.

by Anonymousreply 149August 2, 2020 7:14 PM

So who made him do it? Charles? the Queen?

by Anonymousreply 150August 2, 2020 7:16 PM

“The Grey Men” at the palace, presumably.

by Anonymousreply 151August 2, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote] I think a lot of Harry's rage about his mother's death is really directed towards Philip, for making him march behind her casket in front of billions of eyes, which Harry has said (and everyone thought at the time) was uniquely cruel and horrible.

I don't agree at all. Harry was almost 13. He wasn't some baby. When a parent dies, honoring them is expected and not some "uniquely cruel and horrible" act.

I honestly think that he would have felt much worse had he not done this and later felt he should have participated as a way to honor and show respect to his mother. The fact this was in public hardly changes that, children participate in the funerals of their relatives all the time. Royal children are seen at all kinds of formal events. I'm not so sure that the "audience" registers with them.

His mother's death at a young age is what is traumatic, not his participation in her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 152August 2, 2020 7:56 PM

I'm quite sure that, despite all efforts to re-write the facts, Harry was in agreement to walk behind the casket. No one would have 'insisted' a boy of his age do it; quite sure that the final decision was his. If he chooses now to make it a psychologically scarring event, then that is his choice as well. Who hasn't been a pall-bearer at their parents funeral, or followed the casket down the church aisle in front of a filled church, or gone through the wake period where you are expected to put on your bravest face? It's all relative, regardless of the size of the production.

by Anonymousreply 153August 2, 2020 7:58 PM

[quote] Harry was almost 13. He wasn't some baby.

If you haven't noticed, he's STiLL a baby.

by Anonymousreply 154August 2, 2020 8:26 PM

If I recall correctly, William wanted to march behind their mother's casket and wouldn't take no for an answer. I think Harry went along with it. But then Diana's brother insisted that he also be allowed to do it, which then forced Charles' hand into having to do it. Why Philip did it is anyone's guess.

by Anonymousreply 155August 2, 2020 8:46 PM

R150, it was Tony Blair’s idea. The entire BRF was appalled, and Philip is reported to have said “No fucking way.”

by Anonymousreply 156August 2, 2020 8:47 PM

I predict he will have a heart attack in the next few years.

by Anonymousreply 157August 2, 2020 9:00 PM

At certain moments, it must be bloody awful for him. All of his friends and family, having met MM or knew her history, had misgivings and knew this would not turn out well. But Harry dug his heels in. And now things have turned out worse that he could have imagined in his wildest dreams. Even if he could dig himself out of the deep hole he's in, there is no going back. The way his reputation has crumbled, his participation in the BRF would cover them all with toxic radiation.

by Anonymousreply 158August 2, 2020 9:12 PM

R128 Meghan gave Kate a SMYTHSON notebook, you say?

I wonder which one she chose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 2, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote] I wonder which one she chose?

She didn't choose. It was a re-gift.

by Anonymousreply 160August 2, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote] I don't agree at all. Harry was almost 13. He wasn't some baby. When a parent dies, honoring them is expected and not some "uniquely cruel and horrible" act.

The thing is, though, that it all played out in front of the whole world. When you're a teenage boy, pretty much the humiliating thing imaginable would be to cry in public, never mind global television. William and Harry shouldn't have been paraded like that at their own mother's funeral, because they must have felt intense pressure to suppress their emotions. They should have been given as much privacy as was possible in such circumstances. I think their family should have discouraged them from walking behind the coffin unless they themselves absolutely insisted.

by Anonymousreply 161August 2, 2020 10:06 PM

She gave a gift to someone the first time they met?

Vulgarian.

by Anonymousreply 162August 2, 2020 10:09 PM

I still can't get over the fact that Harry never met Meghan's dad during the relationship and in planning stages leading up to the wedding. It wasn't like there was any money or logistics issues in meeting his FIL. Really makes one wonder what went on in that decision. Harry didn't work and he could've easily gotten on a private plane (as we know how loves them) and met with Thomas Markle in LA at a secluded home or hotel. With all the shit that's since come out confirming the drama and lies that Meghan was putting out, it's likely that Meghan was controlling access to her father. She probably told too many lies to Harry and didn't want he and her father to meet.

by Anonymousreply 163August 2, 2020 10:23 PM

I doubt Harry will run back to the UK if his marriage fails. He undoubtably loves his son and won't want to live far from him, and he'll feel humiliated..

But there is a Harry thread, so I'll stop speculating here.

by Anonymousreply 164August 2, 2020 11:15 PM

If Harry blew up at Angela Kelly, the docker's daughter from Liverpool who rose to be the queen's curator of jewels and confidante... betcha there was a HUGE element of class privilege at work there. Who was this jumped-up climber to disobey a Prince of the Blood? How dare she fail to drop everything for a Princess-Elect's whim? HOW DARE SHE FORGET HER PLACE???

Of course Meghan had to tell Harry it was racism, because she'll do anything to keep him from realizing who the jumped-up little climber really is.

by Anonymousreply 165August 2, 2020 11:17 PM

Oops, R164 here. I guess I'm in the Harry thread after all! Thought I was derailing the lawsuit thread.

by Anonymousreply 166August 2, 2020 11:18 PM

Yes, QUII can't last much longer, and Charles doesn't have the balls to stand up to his spoiled son. But no, the brief reign of King Charles III isn't going to mean Harry is moving to the front of the gravy train or will be welcomed back in the fold, as long as Meghan is around it means gifts of money and security that she'll consider inadequate, and the life of a Remittance Man.

And as soon as Charles is crowned, William is going to start slowly stepping into the role of Monarch. Charles is already old and isn't in good health, William is going to take on more public and private duty and become an unofficial regent before he becomes the real one, and he's going to get control of the purse strings well before he becomes king. And well, he strikes me as the kind of guy who'd take an old-fashioned approach to dealing with a fortune hunter who'd married into the family - the way to deal with such people is to starve them out.

by Anonymousreply 167August 2, 2020 11:44 PM

R130 - giving advice is one thing but who knows how he did it and anyway, given William's reputation for screwing around on Late before and after the marriage, it is was probably met with a bit of a counter argument to that effect and so the fun started.

by Anonymousreply 168August 3, 2020 12:24 AM

William doesn't have a reputation for 'screwing around' on Kate, r168, unless you are referring to the false story Meghan maliciously planted in the news via two surrogates, both of whom have since deleted their tweets regarding the tale.

by Anonymousreply 169August 3, 2020 12:27 AM

R147 - yes I am close to many but once I make my decision and explain my reasoning as an adult, giving dirty looks and not even saying hello in public was VERY rude and vulgar and that is what William did a lot around Meghan. The thing to do was be polite and respectful to his sister in law in public instead of turning up his nose and making faces like a 5 year old. Let's not pretend he is much better than Harry.

R169 - those stories existed BEFORE anyone heard Meghan's name and that picture of him and that bug eyed beard is worth a thousand words. Meghan wasn't even there yet.

by Anonymousreply 170August 3, 2020 12:51 AM

R138 - I don't think the disheveled look has anything to do with that and may signal some substance abuse problem. TBH I really don't think she is a druggie because no way would she have been so able to make her millions or be one of those ambitious yoga types I know too well from LA. Tiresome and overly ambitious? Yes. Drugs or booze? Probably him and she went along cuz you know, a prince and all. May explain her weight gain too, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 171August 3, 2020 12:55 AM

R162 - it is common etiquette in Europe when you first meet someone at their home to bring what even here in Romania or as I saw in Austria towards the hosts. It is supposed to be something impersonal and low key that is universal, like stationary (let's face it, everyone needs to occasionally write something down), a fine wine, a small plant, etc.

by Anonymousreply 172August 3, 2020 1:02 AM

r170, No, the Rose story magically emerged after Meghan was on the scene. After Meghan's wedding, I believe. Meanwhile Kate and Wills don't spend any time at all apart. They're like Paul and Linda McCartney in that they spend most nights together. If he wanted some strange he'd have to do it during the day, and anyway he'd have to bring his security with him. It's just unlikely.

Also, Giles Coren and that Nocole woman BOTH deleted their tweets about it. Why did they do that?

Go back to Celebitchy and peddle your wares over there.

by Anonymousreply 173August 3, 2020 1:03 AM

r172 A hostess gift is traditionally something for the table or for the house. Wine, flowers, perhaps some kind of gift basket.

The idea is to help/thank the hostess in her capacity of generously providing hospitality to you.

A Smythson notebook doesn't fit that bill. That's more Christmas/birthday.

by Anonymousreply 174August 3, 2020 1:08 AM

R173 - yeah because a prince can never have a mistress. Please...

by Anonymousreply 175August 3, 2020 1:10 AM

I see the Megstans have arrived....

by Anonymousreply 176August 3, 2020 1:14 AM

R176 - not a Megstan because I think she is a mess and Harry a dimwit. However, I don't buy that it is ALL her fault and poor Kate and William were some innocent victims who fell like lambs to the slaughter by the Dangling Tendrills Stalker. William seems very snobby and Kate seems very vapid and frau. Things are never that black and white unless you are dealing with a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 177August 3, 2020 1:25 AM

Kate seems reserved. That's hardly the same as 'vapid'.

William doesn't seem remotely snobby. Here he is on footballer Peter Crouch's podcast, out this week. He sounds very down to earth and relaxed. It would be impossible for him to relax like this around working class people if he was an innate snob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 3, 2020 1:29 AM

I'd be a bit surprised if William has been entirely faithful to Kate, simply because it's Understood that men in his position have a certain amount of leeway on that front. If people think it's okay for them to have a bit of discrete fun they generally will, that's just how human beings behave.

Not that his marriage doesn't look like an absolute raging success from this distance, he's married a woman who's presented him with three adorable healthy heirs, they seem to have a happy family life, and she can play the PR game well enough to win the world over to the idea of a stewardess's daughter as the future Queen of Great Britain. But the thing is, William couldn't marry for love alone, he was filling a job as well as picking a life partner. And when someone marries the perfectly appropriate person, well, the odds of real passion are pretty low.

Still, better that that Harry's way of doing things.

by Anonymousreply 179August 3, 2020 1:35 AM

Perhaps, r179, except that from William's point of view, his father's infidelity was the root of everything terrible that unfolded from there, including, I should imagine, the fact that his mother was in Paris with a new man and died there. Had Charles never cheated, Diana would still be alive.

I'm not saying that is the whole truth of the matter, but I am saying that William is someone who would be very unlikely to look on infidelity as just a 'lark', after what it set in motion in his own life.

by Anonymousreply 180August 3, 2020 1:38 AM

Well, if William had had a bit of fun on the side here and there, I should think he'd be very discrete about it. Kate didn't grow up an aristocrat and may not see the privileges of rank quite that way, he doesn't want the same kind of scandal and discord that's marred his father's life, and of course he wants to present the image of a happy stable family man to the world.

Who knows, I haven't seen inside his bed or his pants. But I'd be mildly surprised if he'd been completely faithful to his PR-perfect wife.

by Anonymousreply 181August 3, 2020 1:43 AM

OP, why do you always type "Henry (His Real Name)"? We all know his real name. He likes to be called Harry, the nickname his parents gave him.

by Anonymousreply 182August 3, 2020 1:44 AM

Can you imagine how much more Wills appreciates Kate now that he's had to deal with Me-Me-Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 183August 3, 2020 1:48 AM

I am sure Kate is under no delusion that Wills is faithful. She just doesn't want it out in the public. Kate had 10 years to learn the ropes before marrying into the family, She knew exactly what she was getting into, ```Will carefully vetted her and she truly wants the part, ribbon cuttings and all. Kate is no Diana - does not have her spark and that is how everyone, including Will likes it. You will have to pry that crown out of her cold, dead hands.

by Anonymousreply 184August 3, 2020 7:15 AM

The previous Royals had no drones, no length-lens.

Wills may well feel he's entitled to a mistress, but because of modern media, he cannot HAVE a mistress.

by Anonymousreply 185August 3, 2020 11:15 AM

I want his gooseberries

by Anonymousreply 186August 3, 2020 11:30 AM

I’ll never be the King of England, either, Harry.

Boohoo.

by Anonymousreply 187August 3, 2020 1:06 PM

Harry doesn't want to be king, it's Meghan who wants to be queen. Isn't there a picture where she's giving William come-hither eyes? When he didn't respond, she started the cheating rumors.

by Anonymousreply 188August 3, 2020 1:21 PM

R188, that’s true.

by Anonymousreply 189August 3, 2020 2:08 PM

Meghan sux cocks in hell!

by Anonymousreply 190August 3, 2020 2:11 PM

r188

Of course he does. This all started when George was born. And I can't blame Harry for being jealous, after all George is FAB-you-LUS

by Anonymousreply 191August 3, 2020 4:18 PM

R191 No, it started when his wife entered the picture. He famously said in an interview that nobody wanted to be king.

by Anonymousreply 192August 3, 2020 4:28 PM

Where are the experts on the cultural differences between the U.S. and the UK? Does the book have a better chance with the American audience?

by Anonymousreply 193August 3, 2020 5:11 PM

r192, and we all know that was just him speaking solely about himself ( and he will never have the chance anyway).

Charles clearly does want to be King and William has stepped up to his future Prince of Wales role very well over recent years.

by Anonymousreply 194August 3, 2020 5:45 PM

The family wanted a public funeral. They could have chosen to do it privately but that isn't what they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 195August 3, 2020 5:52 PM

r195, Charlie bloody Spencer needed his big moment..he and his sister were so alike. For all his bollocks about "blood family", (as if the Windsors weren't) , he never seemed to bother with those lads. He seemed more interested in USA media and collecting wives and kids.

by Anonymousreply 196August 3, 2020 5:57 PM

R196, I've read that Lady Jane is the only nice sibling of Diana's.

by Anonymousreply 197August 3, 2020 7:23 PM

[quote][R196], I've read that Lady Jane is the only nice sibling of Diana's.

I'll cut them all some slack. They had Barbara Cartland's daughter as their step-mother.

by Anonymousreply 198August 3, 2020 8:24 PM

"Wills may well feel he's entitled to a mistress, but because of modern media, he cannot HAVE a mistress. "

Well, he certainly can't do what his ancestors did and either have an Official Mistress at court, or set up a mistress in her own mansion, and in the full confidence that neither the press nor his wife would say anything about it.

If he wanted to have affairs or a bit of sleaze on the side he'd have to be much more discrete than that, but who says he doesn't know how to be discrete? Maybe he keeps a girlfriend on the staff, or he has dalliances within the upper aristocracy where everyone understands what's correct, or he goes to the kind of high-end professionals who are paid as much for their silence as their services.

by Anonymousreply 199August 4, 2020 9:34 AM

Meghan probably leaked sensitive info to the US press, that's likely the issue. Even just innocent, careless complaining to her buddies who run Canadian gossip sites. And therefore, she made herself persona non grata. Did we really get stories before her? Certainly not the high nasty drama (which, thank you Megs, it's fun and tacky and again as an American and Stuart, I appreciate your work) which has followed Megaera wherever she goes.

by Anonymousreply 200August 4, 2020 12:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 4, 2020 12:58 PM

^^^ And even when with the Queen, who is waving to the people who came to see her, Meghan's eyes manage to land solely on the cameras.

Says it all.

by Anonymousreply 202August 4, 2020 1:38 PM

Harry, darling, she's a WHORE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203August 4, 2020 1:56 PM

Just wanted to loop back and reinforce what a complete idiot R57 is. What the fuck do you think would have happened if Charles had died during childbirth and the Queen died with Anne as her only child? How the fuck do you think the Queen herself even became the Queen to begin with?

How embarrassing for you, to be shown as a true idiot after calling someone else an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 204August 4, 2020 2:28 PM

R203, that makes me like her more.

by Anonymousreply 205August 4, 2020 2:52 PM

Duh

by Anonymousreply 206August 4, 2020 5:49 PM

Brf article wishing Meghan happy birthday. Comments section analyzed. Bot or system generated negative comments allegedly detected. Repeat comments etc. Nothing has changed. Still faux organized hate that is now being talked about by everyone as faux organized hate. Royal website. Meghan negative comments left open and absolutely trashed by negative racist comments. Why. Because they obviously don't have a problem with it. Some of the comments are classed as racial hate speech. Hate speech is illegal.

by Anonymousreply 207August 4, 2020 7:06 PM

r204, Anne is not the spare. The rule allowing for Charlotte only came in around the year Charlotte was born or thereabouts.

by Anonymousreply 208August 4, 2020 7:19 PM

Oh look, the crazed "You're all going to jail for disliking Meghan" troll is back at r207. Celebitchy become a bit boring for you? Why not head back there during the short time that the mental hospital allows daily you on the internet?

by Anonymousreply 209August 4, 2020 7:22 PM

[quote][R204], Anne is not the spare. The rule allowing for Charlotte only came in around the year Charlotte was born or thereabouts.

r208, we went through this either earlier in this thread or in one of the others. Before her younger brothers were born, Anne was indeed the spare for that period. As you have pointed out, that situation won't happen again because the laws have been changed to make the order of succession based strictly on birth order without regard to gender although those laws weren't made retroactive. But at one point, Anne was the spare.

by Anonymousreply 210August 4, 2020 7:56 PM

R202 - if a bunch of cameras are clicking in my eyes, I would look at them too. There is only so much you can watch the old woman waving.

by Anonymousreply 211August 5, 2020 12:37 AM

I get R202's point, but it just underscores how well Kate has mastered the art of seldom looking directly at the camera.

by Anonymousreply 212August 5, 2020 1:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213August 5, 2020 1:41 PM

[Quote]Harry has 'never been able to shake his discomfort at not being 'normal', and how his public image has been portrayed compared to that of his brother, 38, despite him 'often offering William advice'.

If Harry had any insight or self awareness he'd realize he'd be working in construction or driving a cab if he were normal. Instead he wallows in his incredibly good fortune.

by Anonymousreply 214August 5, 2020 6:00 PM

William says he's never seen Gavin & Stacey. Which is probably just as well, because there's a running joke about Gavin's parents role-playing as Charles and Camilla in bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 5, 2020 7:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216August 6, 2020 6:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217August 6, 2020 6:07 PM

Lol r217 The 19th is a feminist organisation that only launched last week, but Meghan is right there on that bandwagon to preach from her ultra-feminist platform of...the man she married.

by Anonymousreply 218August 6, 2020 6:24 PM

"So Meg, as part of this diversity summit, I have to ask: when was the last time you didn't straighten your hair?"

by Anonymousreply 219August 6, 2020 6:25 PM

He and Archie are both literally retarded.

by Anonymousreply 220August 6, 2020 6:37 PM

I just see an ugly version of Rita Coolidge when I see that image at r217

Go away Markle, nobody needs or wants you.

by Anonymousreply 221August 6, 2020 6:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 9, 2020 1:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 10, 2020 10:36 AM

According to CDAN, MM yachted for Skippy.

by Anonymousreply 224August 10, 2020 2:51 PM

R224, of course she did. The conversation went: “You don’t MARRY them, Haz...”

It’s like “The Two Mrs. Grenvilles” or something. Ends in tears.

by Anonymousreply 225August 11, 2020 1:54 AM

It is SO like the Two Mrs Grenvilles, one fervently hopes with a nicer ending. If you're familiar with the novel, though - hoo boy, so many parallels.

by Anonymousreply 226August 11, 2020 2:13 AM

He’s like the kid that parents have so they can use it to save the older one’s life because of some life threatening illness.

by Anonymousreply 227August 11, 2020 2:16 AM

*reads r227* *feels guilty for the belly laugh*

by Anonymousreply 228August 11, 2020 2:23 AM

R122 I wonder if one of the problems between Harry and William is that nobody wants to tell Harry bad news so they dump that job on William instead .

by Anonymousreply 229August 11, 2020 3:28 AM

I read the Two Mrs Grenvilles 25 years ago - could anyone catch me up on the similarities?

by Anonymousreply 230August 11, 2020 3:44 AM

Grenvilles is about a beautiful, ambitious showgirl named Ann. From an unremarkable family in Kansas, she goes to New York to break into showbiz. She's a party girl, but smart and cunning. She captivates the aimless son of a rich society family, and they elope. The matriarch and siblings are horrified but everyone tries to make do. Ann becomes very grand and eventually eclipses the hapless husband. Complications ensue.

by Anonymousreply 231August 11, 2020 4:08 AM

Harry cut out the only people with sense who cared enough to speak up to try and stop him from making an utter fool of himself, all because he wanted to be surrounded by yes men and Meghan wanted him completely under her influence.

by Anonymousreply 232August 11, 2020 10:56 AM

Meghan is going to vote in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 11, 2020 2:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 11, 2020 3:15 PM

They're all (except for Bea and Jack) a bunch of fucking phonies.

by Anonymousreply 235August 12, 2020 5:34 PM

Harry is a loser.

by Anonymousreply 236August 12, 2020 9:11 PM

I like them, but they lose points for associating with George Clooney. The man is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 237August 13, 2020 1:29 AM

R237, Clooney earns his own money.

by Anonymousreply 238August 13, 2020 11:21 AM

He has to r238...he’s screwed up one young life too many.

by Anonymousreply 239August 13, 2020 5:02 PM

Allegedly it was Philip who told Harry "You date showgirls, you don't marry them."

by Anonymousreply 240August 13, 2020 9:37 PM

More photos of the house. The outdoor spaces in particular are gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 14, 2020 12:31 PM

So many shades of beige, tan and brown. That cinema room is beyond tacky.

by Anonymousreply 242August 14, 2020 3:57 PM

Well. It suits Harry's.... taste, from what we've seen of it.

by Anonymousreply 243August 14, 2020 4:08 PM

They’ll redo the interiors no doubt. The landscaping is mature and has grown in - hopefully the little statuettes will be removed from the garden, those are one of the only outdoor elements that scream ‘trying too hard’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244August 14, 2020 5:36 PM

r243,indeed, he just needs to employ a few strippers to enhance that billiards room.

by Anonymousreply 245August 14, 2020 5:48 PM

I am hardly a billionaire but who needs that many bedrooms and bathrooms? Call me a poor but I just do not get it. Even if I had that kind of money I still don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 246August 14, 2020 11:26 PM

A big extended family who all live together would need a house like that. I'd prefer a maximum of 4-5 bedrooms, but bigger rooms.

by Anonymousreply 247August 14, 2020 11:36 PM

Honestly, WHY are they buying a place with that many rooms for a family of three, when they have no legitimate income and there's no guarantee that Harry's family will keep paying their expenses?

Was this the smallest place available within walking distance of Oprah's pad? Does Meg want to empty out Harry's trust fund? Did Rich Russian Lady whine until her husband unloaded the place in exchange for the social sponsorship of royals who haven't been able to crack the Hollywood social scene themselves? Does Russian Oligarch want their help in some money-laundering scheme? Is Meghan trying to set up a sky-high "standard of living" as a pre-divorce strategy?

by Anonymousreply 248August 14, 2020 11:51 PM

I think they're dumb and they won't listen to anyone. I would give the Prince of England an impossibly high mortgage, knowing his Grammy can always bail him out.

by Anonymousreply 249August 15, 2020 12:34 AM

That horse painting is just as bourgeois tacky as is the billiards room and cinema. The park for kids is an added touch of new money crap. An old money WASP would take his child to a select public park.

by Anonymousreply 250August 15, 2020 12:35 AM

It's very cheap and American. But that's what he likes.

Hi oh!

by Anonymousreply 251August 15, 2020 12:37 AM

I'm sorry, but that home is past its prime and will need increasing levels of maintenance to maintain any sort of sheen. Of course the lady of the house will know all about that too well herself.

by Anonymousreply 252August 15, 2020 12:51 AM

What r246 said.

by Anonymousreply 253August 15, 2020 2:35 AM

Wow. Someone leaked to the tabloids...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254August 15, 2020 6:47 PM

A well known youtuber who has been highly critical of H&M had her house burn down a few nights ago. All her pets died. The next night her mother's house burned. The fires have declared arson.

by Anonymousreply 255August 16, 2020 9:12 PM

R255, are you threatening us? That won’t go over well.

by Anonymousreply 256August 17, 2020 12:40 AM

No, r256, No! It's been in the news. I'll try to find a link since you think that's what I was implying. I was trying to deprecate the sugars/SussexSquad.

by Anonymousreply 257August 17, 2020 1:34 AM

Why are they called "the sugars"? Can't you just refer to them as "Meghan's stans" or "the Sussex stans"?

by Anonymousreply 258August 17, 2020 1:36 AM

We've been calling them her sugars here for the past three years. And they are nuts enough to do this. From CDAN, yesterday:

[quote]This YouTube star has learned the hard way that shining a light onto the goings on of the family overseas and the breakaway couple here, can bring danger. Two homes, both set on fire via arson.

And the second comment:

[quote]The YouTuber is Ashli, known as Danja Zone. The breakaway couple is Harry & Meghan. Her house was torched, her mother's house was torched the day after, her pets died in the fire but the humans all got out. EDIT: The likeliest culprits are probably Meghan's sugars, not the British royal family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 17, 2020 1:51 AM

Oh, her. That woman, the youtuber, is nuts. She hates the entire BRF and buys into David Icke's conspiracy theories that the family are shape-shifting reptiles. But she has been particularly harsh on H&M and was one of of the first to say publicly that M was never pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 260August 17, 2020 1:57 AM

It's all fun and games, until someone loses a house...

by Anonymousreply 261August 17, 2020 5:37 AM

I call shenanigans. No burned down anyone’s house. Just stop it.

by Anonymousreply 262August 17, 2020 1:45 PM

R262, ffs, learn English ...

[quote] No burned down anyone’s house.

by Anonymousreply 263August 17, 2020 5:10 PM

No one did, fuck a spelling error. The Sussexes didn’t have someone’s house burned down. You think that if you keep posting lies that they’ll eventually come true, r263, AKA Sara Huckabee Sanders?

by Anonymousreply 264August 17, 2020 5:46 PM

R264 - I don't think anyone said that Harry and Meghan personally burned down the houses. It may have been someone in their toxic and vicious fan club called the Sussex Squad. They threaten violence a lot on social media so it would not be a surprise if someone actually carried out their threats. How they get people's addresses is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 265August 17, 2020 5:51 PM

He felt like what he is.

by Anonymousreply 266November 24, 2020 10:49 PM

What ever happened with this?

by Anonymousreply 267December 8, 2020 3:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!