Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Jeopardy!' 'Wheel of Fortune' head back to production with COVID-19 changes to Alex Trebek's podium, wheel

Popular TV game shows "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune" are heading back to production with crucial changes to their iconic sets for protection against COVID-19.

Production company Sony Pictures Television announced the shows' return — to be shot in Los Angeles studios with "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek, 80, and 'Wheel of Fortune" hosts Pat Sajak, 73, and Vanna White, 63 — in statement to USA TODAY.

"'Wheel of Fortune' and 'Jeopardy' are returning to the studio to tape episodes for the shows’ upcoming seasons," the statement reads, acknowledging protocol changes to protect staff, crew and talent from COVID-19. "While some things may have changed behind the scenes and on the set to keep everyone safe, fans can expect to see the same 'Wheel of Fortune' and 'Jeopardy!' they have come to love when the season starts."

Sony Pictures Television declined further comment on the record.

"Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune" stopped filming in front of studio audiences March 10, then stopped filming new episodes March 16 due to the spike in coronavirus infections. The indefinite delay happened weeks after Trebek, who just turned 80, marked one year since his pancreatic cancer diagnosis.

Deadline(.com) reported reported that the syndicated shows are set to start filming this week and next. The "Jeopardy!" stage has been slightly redesigned to allow for more space between the three contestant podiums. The contestants will also be at a safe distance from Trebek at his lectern.

On "Wheel of Fortune," there will be noticeable changes to the famed spinning wheel, which has been redesigned to allow more space between contestants.

Other COVID-19 safety changes include:

Only essential staff and crew will be allowed onstage.

PPE will be provided for everyone behind the scenes.

Social distancing measures will be rigorously enforced both onstage and off.

All staff and crew will be tested on a regular basis, and contestants will all be tested before they come to the studio to tape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 26, 2020 12:48 AM

This will be a shitshow, and is an absolute mistake.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2020 10:22 PM

Fat whores, rejoice!

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2020 10:23 PM

Vanna is completely useless.

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2020 10:31 PM

I'm happy to hear this.

I think it can be done safely, and without a studio audience.

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2020 10:34 PM

Who even watches this shit ? Especially that asshole Alex Trebek.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2020 10:38 PM

Shut up R5, you hateful beast!

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2020 10:42 PM

So happy that two of my favorite shows are going back to original programming.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 3:32 PM

So don’t know if this is the current discussion thread but I read that the insufferable Jennings is going to be part of the show now.

It’s coming back on the 14th of September. He’s gonna be doing some video clues or something.

Hate him and don’t want him on the show.

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2020 6:28 PM

^^^ Might wanna get used to him. He could wind up with Trebek's gig once he finally kicks over.

by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2020 6:34 PM

They didn't need to redesign the wheel, just give people a stick to spin it with.

by Anonymousreply 10September 3, 2020 7:11 PM

Isn't Trebek recovering from cancer again? Jeez, shouldn't he be doing the show from home?

by Anonymousreply 11September 3, 2020 7:14 PM

Ken Jennings is now a "consulting producer". Ugh.

Get Ann Curry or Anderson Cooper instead.

by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2020 9:01 PM

Have they improved air circulation and filtration?

by Anonymousreply 13September 7, 2020 9:12 PM

No to smug Mormon Ken Jennings!

I will no longer watch it if this loser is chosen to replace Alex.

by Anonymousreply 14September 7, 2020 9:49 PM

I’m watching last night’s episode now. I LOATHE Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2020 9:20 PM

Was it a new episode, R15?

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2020 9:47 PM

When does cutie champ Zach return?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2020 9:54 PM

R16, yes. She lost.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2020 9:55 PM

This game show host, already circling the drain, was finally done after catching COVID 19 at his workplace.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2020 9:59 PM

That host Trebek did all those horrible scam life insurance commercials. What a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2020 11:23 PM

Cute guy won tonight's Jeopardy. He is really, really into Captain America.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2020 11:55 PM

He’s also, really, really, really gay.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2020 12:38 AM

You think R22? I didn't even mention that as he pings from outer space.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2020 12:41 AM

Joe, tonight's winner, was adorable and I'm glad he won. He really really pinged... good for him.

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2020 1:00 AM

Is Miss Joe claiming to be straight?

Not surprised he's into Captain America. He looks like one of those filipino WEHO queens who stalks hot white guys who look like Chris Evans.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2020 2:33 AM

Joe lost, and a plump, cheerful woman won today.

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2020 12:21 AM

Gay player today got a Madonna clue!

by Anonymousreply 27September 22, 2020 11:12 PM

I just watched a few episodes. Anyone else notice all the contestant are from the LA area?

by Anonymousreply 28September 23, 2020 12:39 AM

I noticed it today.

Nobody can travel due to the pandemic so everybody from LA is participating. They started filming in July, didn’t they?

I guessed FJ. 🥳🥳

by Anonymousreply 29September 23, 2020 2:17 AM

Pretty routine so far. Is there any audience at all?

by Anonymousreply 30September 23, 2020 1:51 PM

No J in NYC tonight?

by Anonymousreply 31September 29, 2020 2:23 AM

We had it in DC, R31. And I’m shocked that none of them got Final Jeopardy. The woman came close, but Jeez.

And during Double Jeopardy, none of them had ever heard of Austrian Empress Maria Theresa? There are two notable 18th century empresses — her and Catherine the Great. Pick one. You’ve got a 50/50 chance of being right.

Since they’ve been back from the summer break, I’ve been a bit surprised at some of the easy history questions that no one seems to know.

by Anonymousreply 32September 29, 2020 6:39 AM

Because everyone's from LA!

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2020 1:54 PM

Ah, that explains it. The contestants from DC would never have tanked on some of these.

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2020 2:34 PM

Handsome winner last night. Military guy.

by Anonymousreply 35October 2, 2020 12:55 PM

Contestant Darin on tonight's show is one hot as fuck daddy.

by Anonymousreply 36November 26, 2020 12:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!