Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you currently employed at this point in the COVID crisis?

Be honest, and please just vote once.

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 11:10 PM

gurl half of DL is retired

at least

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2020 10:02 PM

I am and can't leave it. My articles are doing well because there is so much to write about. Inside though, it's killing me to be inside the house, my head, my writing and worried about the virus.

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2020 10:07 PM

I'm fine, I'm working from home in an administrative consultant position with a very large healthcare provider.

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2020 10:11 PM

get out of the house and do something R2, see people, hit a ball of some kind

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2020 10:11 PM

R2 - I need it but weird thing about being indoors all say 5 days a week is you start getting tired easily. I guess despite the fact that I enjoyed alone time before, I never realized how much energy one derives from being out and about at work, cafes, the gym. I have to start again because by thr weekend I sleep all day and I never napped before. Probably do a vitamin panel too.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2020 10:25 PM

I am a consultant and my business has dropped to half of what it was prior to Covid.

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2020 10:26 PM

No, unemployed

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote] gurl half of DL is retired

Which is why I made the second-to-last poll option.

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2020 11:03 PM

I complain like a bitch and then see posters like R7 and I can't believe how lucky I am, how I need to stop whining and how shitty our country really can be to make so many people lose their jobs.

My roommate was saying, when two of her accountant friends lost their jobs and she reads the stats on unemployment, loss of insurance, sky high medical costs and the lack of savings and high debt many Americans face, that the US is having that Dorothy in OZ moment when, after being dazzled by the colors and facade of America, you suddenly lift the curtain and see the illusion fades.

Here in Romania most are taught to think that ALL Americans have it made...a country of JFK's and limitless wealth with all those homes so much prettier than the communist buildings. Now, with Trump and the kind of people who came out from under a rock at his rallies, the lootings, and the daily news about people losing health insurance and jobs, they always ask "how is this possible in America?"

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 12:29 AM

I am fortunate to have a full-time job and am able to telework.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 12:44 AM

R10 - but how do you cope so many hours in the house?

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 12:47 AM

r8 Retired people don't consider themselves "unemployed."

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 1:46 AM

With telework, you aren't tied to an office desk or cubicle. I switch rooms in the house regularly, work on the porch or anywhere in range of my wifi. I take regular breaks to get up, move around, get lunch, some water or tea. A walk in the morning and errands in the afternoon gets me out as well.

I am an introvert, but definitely not housebound.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 10:57 AM

I don't know about DL'ers, but there are about 30 million people in the US who are unemployed and receiving unemployment benefits.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 1:02 PM

Yes. I work for a state court - very low risk of job loss, thankfully. But, I'll probably never see a raise before I retire - once all this really hits state and local governments. Have been working from home since March 15; tentatively scheduled to go back to the office part-time on August 24 - basically half staff every other day.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 1:06 PM

No option for retirees?

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 1:11 PM

OP, you realize that Dataloungers all have 2 homes and a maid and 2.5 million in their IRA accounts that they always brag about on here.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 1:25 PM

I'm safe (work in a grocery store), but my husband was laid off from his job as a writer/editor.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 1:34 PM

[quote]Dataloungers all have 2 homes and a maid and 2.5 million

Right, this place isn't exactly the UES.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 9:25 PM

Like anyone cares about answering your poll honestly, OP.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 9:35 PM

Any of you anesthesiologists? Nurses?

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 11:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!