Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cheeto: Delay the Election

Fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255August 4, 2020 6:51 PM

Rick Wilson, in response:

Get your absentee ballot.

Do it today.

Vote the moment you can.

This has to be an electoral college wipeout, and it has to hurt.

He has to be crushed, humiliated, and driven from office, public life, and society.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2020 1:22 PM

Evil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2020 1:23 PM

HOMOSEXUALS:

He will be unable to do that.

He will need Congress to postpone and the House will never consent.

He knows he is losing and is just flailing.

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2020 1:23 PM

Associated Press (AP) just not having it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2020 1:24 PM

Idiot. Complete idiot.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2020 1:24 PM

REALITY:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2020 1:25 PM

Barr is drafting the memos. Emergency powers. Suspend election. Supreme Court: will they say OK? Congress cut out from the decision completely.

Fuck this shit.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2020 1:26 PM

Isn't tampering with an election a Federal crime?

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2020 1:26 PM

Evil motherfucker. Evil motherfucking party.

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2020 1:26 PM

Imagine how desperate the deteriorating despot must be to actually put this forward? The internal polls must show a bloodbath?

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2020 1:26 PM

That is not happening R7

by Anonymousreply 11July 30, 2020 1:27 PM

He's throwing shit up against the wall to see what sticks; watch, he'll back off this by saying he was "joking"

As we head towards election day, he'll be pulling stuff like that out of his ass on almost a daily basis. The next three months are going to be very long

by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2020 1:27 PM

It really does feel like, small step by small step, we're heading to the end of democracy.

by Anonymousreply 13July 30, 2020 1:28 PM

Even if he could delay the election (he can’t) his term ends on January 20th at noon. If there’s no election then the speaker of the house will become president. To change any of that would require rewriting the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2020 1:29 PM

already a thread . and why

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2020 1:29 PM

HOMOSEXUALS:

What short memories you all have.

He was doing the same thing in 2016, claiming fraud and deception. Even after he won, he claimed that Hillary someone has millions of "illegal votes" [SEE LINK]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2020 1:30 PM

I put NOTHING past him and his shitty cronies. McConnell probably told him to do it, and is already working the scam behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2020 1:30 PM

I think congress can actually override the President and the AG constitutionally. At any rate these people are very short-sighted. Eventually they will pay for this, one way or another. They must be defeated. I just wish Biden was a stronger, younger candidate.

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2020 1:31 PM

His cult will show up with guns at voting sites "because this vote is illegitimate". Vote by mail, DLers. Vote as soon as you get the fucking ballot.

by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2020 1:31 PM

He loves doing shit like this. Gets everyone riled up. People start talking about the end of democracy. In a few hours he’ll walk this back. He’s just setting the stage for him to cry foul over the results and for the deplorables to back him up. The big money interests that control the GOP don’t want the chaos of American elections being canceled. Trump is a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2020 1:32 PM

It's a stupid tweet. We have the House. We're fine. He's just setting up a narrative in case he loses. That's all this is. It will be a talking point for the next news cycle and then it will be done. Don't panic.

by Anonymousreply 21July 30, 2020 1:32 PM

You don't think Barr and his associates aren't trying to figure out a way to stop the election? You're fucking naive.

by Anonymousreply 22July 30, 2020 1:32 PM

R22 what the fuck can they do? The power belongs to congress. The president can’t do shit. This is so distract from the disastrous GDP numbers just released.

by Anonymousreply 23July 30, 2020 1:34 PM

"It's impossible. We have the House."

Nothing is impossible. The worst can indeed happen. I've lived a long time. I've seen it.

by Anonymousreply 24July 30, 2020 1:34 PM

"DRAMA!!! I LOVE DRAMA!!! I don't care if it's a gay stereotype, just give me DRAMA!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 25July 30, 2020 1:34 PM

He’s gonna try it.

He may succeed. You don’t think they have wet dreams about a coup?

by Anonymousreply 26July 30, 2020 1:35 PM

R18, I do, too, but I'd vote for a rock if it was running against Trump. And if Kamala is Biden's VP and Pete is part of his administration, and hopefully Adam Schiff as AG, then we're in good hands.

by Anonymousreply 27July 30, 2020 1:36 PM

The worst has happened only we didn't realize it can get even worse.

by Anonymousreply 28July 30, 2020 1:36 PM

I am sorry I just started watching The Handmaid's Tale. Now I am terrified.

by Anonymousreply 29July 30, 2020 1:37 PM

The man will try anything. He is a delusional psycho. I'd say it doesn't even matter if he truly tries it - he's put the idea out there, which is enough to fan the flames of his psycho followers who will go apeshit if/when he loses. He loves every second of this. He doesn't give a shit about the actual country - he's just a bored, psycho, racist rich dude who thinks this is all one big game.

by Anonymousreply 30July 30, 2020 1:39 PM

You've seen a delayed election, R24? Come on now.

by Anonymousreply 31July 30, 2020 1:39 PM

Everyone in the media: "He can't do it. It's impossible. Congress controls. It's impossible."

2016. He won. Anything is possible.

At the very least, Barr is going to issue a memo saying it's legal and within the executive's authority.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 30, 2020 1:39 PM

Remember this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 30, 2020 1:40 PM

R23, Congress has the power? The executive has the guns and the DOJ.

Barr/DOJ: suspend the elections.

Executive: I must use the military to carry out justice, as the DOJ has issued its guidance. Elections delayed at the point of a gun.

by Anonymousreply 34July 30, 2020 1:42 PM

A year from now he'll be executing Hillary and Obama on live TV and everybody will be wringing their hands and saying "I never thought he'd actually do it!"

by Anonymousreply 35July 30, 2020 1:42 PM

Enough, R34.

We are nowhere NEAR Trump using the Armed Forces to overthrow the government. Cut it the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 36July 30, 2020 1:43 PM

From NYT

"2020 Election Live Updates: Trump Floats Whether to ‘Delay the Election,’ Something He Cannot Legally Do"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 30, 2020 1:43 PM

The only thing the people can do is vote and maybe show up in DC and protest in the millions.

by Anonymousreply 38July 30, 2020 1:43 PM

"It's impossible."

That's what I thought.

by Anonymousreply 39July 30, 2020 1:43 PM

You guys need to take a civics class. Barr has no leg to stand on. He will be laughed out of the courtroom. There were elections during the civil war. The power over the election belongs to congress. And even IF they delay it, it doesn’t mean the presidents term gets extended. His term ends on January 20th no matter what.

This is trump trying to sow chaos. Don’t let him.

by Anonymousreply 40July 30, 2020 1:44 PM

R37, again, who cares what the media say. All of them are saying the same: impossible impossible impossible.

They don't have the military behind them. Commander-in-chief: the Supreme Court has extreme deference for executive control of the military.

by Anonymousreply 41July 30, 2020 1:45 PM

R1 and R30 nailed it...

yes, the dems hold the house, but the repubs hold the senate, so technically couldn't the repubs override the dem house (as they do with the hundreds of bills that the dems create and pass that fail, aren't voting on and doa on arrival when they get to the senate?)....

MEANWHILE THE FACTS OF VOTER FRAUD ARE BEYOND NIL, LITERALLY BEYOND MINUSCULE....

by Anonymousreply 42July 30, 2020 1:45 PM

Someone is working overtime to get people really upset about this.

Why? Because you being upset about this and believing that Trump is seconds away from executing Obama means you're not paying attention to the fact that the GDP dropped by 33%, and remembering that the only thing Trump had going for him was the economy.

by Anonymousreply 43July 30, 2020 1:45 PM

R40, you're assuming there's rule of law. An axis of the DOJ and the White House: DOJ issues opinion, White House moves to "enforce justice". 5-4 GOP Supreme Court is the only safeguard, and they don't have the guns.

by Anonymousreply 44July 30, 2020 1:46 PM

All the military leaders hate trump. Do you really think they’re gonna go along with trump sending them out onto the streets and shooting civilians who are trying to vote? For fucks sake. You guys need a reality check.

by Anonymousreply 45July 30, 2020 1:46 PM

No, the Senate cannot "technically override the house" and amend the Constitution.

I don't know if you're too lazy to look shit up, or if you're hoping you can create panic and hysteria on Datalounge (for the lulz, I guess) but no, what you described isn't possible.

by Anonymousreply 46July 30, 2020 1:47 PM

He's right about mail being easy to fraud. I've been able to register to vote by mail over multiple addresses, just to see if I could. It's damn easy to do.

by Anonymousreply 47July 30, 2020 1:48 PM

R44 you’ve seen too many movies. If a case to delay somehow does make it to the Supreme Court it will not be successful. The constitution could not be anymore clear about election laws.

by Anonymousreply 48July 30, 2020 1:49 PM

What is frighteningly scary in this thread is not what Trump tweeted, but the alarming lack of civics education in American schools. Dear God, guys... c'mon some of this is basic stuff. He's setting up his exit plan to save face. And no the Senate cannot Trump the House. Oh my fucking God.

by Anonymousreply 49July 30, 2020 1:50 PM

R47, no you haven’t.

by Anonymousreply 50July 30, 2020 1:50 PM

R45, the military follows orders from the executive. They're trained to execute commands from the executive. They will execute.

So many are so comfortable, thinking democracy is intact and will stay intact. Because we're America.

"Some things are inviolable. It won't happen here. Laughable."

No.

R48, I'm an attorney. I am very familiar with the Federalist Society (dabbled a bit in law school and early as an associate). I know how these motherfuckers think. They're not playing.

by Anonymousreply 51July 30, 2020 1:50 PM

As we saw in recent SCOTUS rulings, they are not so far gone as to throw out the Constitution just to let Trump delay the election and stay in office a little while longer.

by Anonymousreply 52July 30, 2020 1:50 PM

[bold]Would-be dictator Trump would be unstoppable in a second term. That must not happen[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 30, 2020 1:51 PM

"Everything's great, kids should go back to schools, workers should return to their jobs, the economy is going to bounce back better than ever ... but also, the world has gone to shit and we need to delay the election."

by Anonymousreply 54July 30, 2020 1:51 PM

If true, R51, you're a terrible attorney who doesn't have even a basic understanding of Constitutional law.

You read Trump's tweet and immediately came here to convince everyone that he is going to send out the Army to shoot citizens going to the polls to vote.

You're either not right in the head or you're a troll.

by Anonymousreply 55July 30, 2020 1:52 PM

It won't (can't?) happen, it is just the usual unhinged rantings of this clown. If he's this desperate, he obviously knows he can't win legitimately, so this is actually a positive sign.

by Anonymousreply 56July 30, 2020 1:52 PM

I think it's very plausible that he will challenge the election results, but whether he does so officially or just have a tantrum like he did in 2016, that's anyone's guess.

I would bet the GOP won't back him up if he challenges the results. The GOPers who win in November won't want to rock the boat and be seen backing a loser, and those who lost won't feel any loyalty to Trumpy and won't be willing to help him out.

by Anonymousreply 57July 30, 2020 1:53 PM

It's ordinary voters laughing this off - and then not voting - that'll lead to a second term. And then a third. And a fourth. Because "emergency".

The House can't even enforce its own subpoenas.

by Anonymousreply 58July 30, 2020 1:54 PM

I doubt even the senate GOP would be on board with this. If you asked McConnell and he was honest I bet he’d say that as long as he could keep his majority he would rather Trump lose. The GOP love to be in the opposition party and they make more money that way anyway.

by Anonymousreply 59July 30, 2020 1:54 PM

He's trying to force Democrats to give up on mail-in voting.

by Anonymousreply 60July 30, 2020 1:55 PM

RBG needs to hold on for a few more months.

by Anonymousreply 61July 30, 2020 1:55 PM

From WaPo

Trump floats idea of delaying the November election, a power granted to Congress, as he ramps up attacks on voting by mail

by Anonymousreply 62July 30, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote]The House can't even enforce its own subpoenas.

The House chose not to. Think of that what you will, but they weren't unable to, they simply declined to enforce the subpoenae.

And that fact has nothing whatsoever to do with Trump's sabre-rattling tweet this morning, as you well know.

by Anonymousreply 63July 30, 2020 1:56 PM

They don’t have a leg to stand on. They had people voting in the primaries voting during the initial peak on the east coast. The republican Supreme Court of Wisconsin rules AGAINST delaying the election saying that it was perfectly safe to hold it in April. Trump is saying there are hardly any cases and it’s perfectly safe to reopen everything and send kids to school. So he can’t say it’s safe to do everything but vote. Please. This is a distraction from the horrifying economy numbers that came out today.

by Anonymousreply 64July 30, 2020 1:57 PM

Why do they report "little evidence" of mail-in voter fraud? There is no evidence, why give him any credence at all?

by Anonymousreply 65July 30, 2020 1:57 PM

Reporters on MSNBC smiling and dismissing it. Americans are children. Trump and his sociopathic cabal aren't playing. Barr is the essential brain and can make things happen.

by Anonymousreply 66July 30, 2020 1:57 PM

Thank God for the Constitution

by Anonymousreply 67July 30, 2020 1:58 PM

This may be the MARY!!!-est thread ever.

THIS IS A FUCKING GIFT TO BIDEN

Think of all the ads about how "Trump is so scared of losing he wants to delay the election"

The press is spinning this as clearly illegal.

In the debates, Biden can mock him for being so scared of losing he wants to delay, tell him "you can move it Donald, but you will lose even worse. No one likes you"

Trump will look weak and like a loser-- two things he hates.

I am sure the Lincoln Project and Meidas Touch guys are jumping up and down with glee right now.

by Anonymousreply 68July 30, 2020 1:58 PM

Certainly Barr will draw on decades of think-tank sponsored "unitary executive" theory or some such Federalist Society claptrap to give Trump (no Democratic president, oddly) the power to do this, twisting the Constitution into pretzels and raising eyebrows in the upper strata of the judiciary.

But this tweet, however hopeful he is, is basically Trump's typical attempt to change the subject from bad economic (and other) news. He has legal conspirators like Barr. He has small armies of private soldiers tear-gassing citizens in Portland. He probably doesn't have the confidence or backing of the military in this matter, as Lafayette Square suggested last month. And beyond his tight base, which will welcome the delay in the election, he won't persuade most people—in fact, as has been happening with his various gambits lately, this may well turn off more people.

So protest, raise your voice, make sure the Republicans see that this route leads to loss.

by Anonymousreply 69July 30, 2020 1:59 PM

The Lincoln Project:

The president knows he can’t win from a free and fair election. Because the GDP is tanking, coronavirus is out of control, and Americans are pissed.

His only options? Delay, defraud, distract.

by Anonymousreply 70July 30, 2020 1:59 PM

[quote]Barr is the essential brain

Er, what? As opposed to the virtual brain?

by Anonymousreply 71July 30, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote] Reporters on MSNBC smiling and dismissing it.

Damn! Vlad and Svetlana promised that delaying the elections would be a great move!

[quote] Americans are children.

This is what we learned in training. They are so unsophisticated.

[quote] Trump and his sociopathic cabal aren't playing. Barr is the essential brain and can make things happen.

We know all about his father and Epstein. He'd better deliver.

by Anonymousreply 72July 30, 2020 2:01 PM

R70 would seem to prove the theory at R68

by Anonymousreply 73July 30, 2020 2:02 PM

i think this will only hurt him even more. it reeks of desperation. its clearer than ever that he just wants to cling to power more than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 74July 30, 2020 2:03 PM

The problem with mail-in voting is that by law in many states these votes can’t be counted until after Election Day. With Republicans taking their cue from Trump & not opting for mail-in voting, we’re looking at the real possibility of Trump “winning” Election Day, only to lose thereafter due to “fraudulent” votes. We’re so screwed.

by Anonymousreply 75July 30, 2020 2:05 PM

R72, please block me. Your reading comprehension is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 76July 30, 2020 2:06 PM

Not knowing the Constitution is embarrassing, but believing that it will hold sway or Republicans would respect the rule of law at their expense is hopelessly naive. He broke decades long agreements, re-appropriated congressionally directed funding, and meddled In court cases. How did the Emoluments Clause work out for Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 77July 30, 2020 2:07 PM

"The Constitution protects us. It'll never happen. We have rights."

I take it you're ... treated well by the police ... and generally comfortable. Nothing bad can happen, right? Sure.

by Anonymousreply 78July 30, 2020 2:09 PM

Yeah, calm down everyone. It's not like a hostile foreign country installed an agent into the Oval Office last election. It's not like the Attorney General is sending his private goon army to Portland, throwing protestors into unmarked vans and whisking them away to black site motels. It's not like goons are beating up attorneys who show up to help the arrested.

Calm down. I'm sure Republicans will follow all laws and norms. It's not like they wipe their asses with the Constitution. It's not like the Supreme Court is nothing but a partisan shit-show.

It's not like military leaders hate Trump but follow every order he issues. It's not like the military enjoyed beating the shit out of protestors this summer.

You people screeching calm down are the ones living in fantasy land.

Don't get hysterical, but don't just let this go as Trump being Trump. Push back, and push back hard.

by Anonymousreply 79July 30, 2020 2:09 PM

You girls need to calm down and read this

There is NO WAY trump can change the election or extend his term

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 30, 2020 2:09 PM

R3, r16

You are addressing posters as HOMOSEXUALS?

Boris dear, just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 81July 30, 2020 2:10 PM

WRONG, R75. There is only one state like that: Maryland.

Every other state counts the absentee ballots either on Election Day or before. Some may not count them until after polls close, but they still count them when they start counting in-person ballots.

Stop lying and trying to scare people, for fuck's sake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 30, 2020 2:10 PM

You know who nothing on Trump's tweet?

Fox News

Instead the main headline on the website (you cant make this up) is

POLICE MEET MATCH

Soros-backed DAs join fray in clash with officers as political investment pays off

by Anonymousreply 83July 30, 2020 2:10 PM

Per the NYT:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 30, 2020 2:12 PM

Cheeto is just trying to distract from three things: the dismal economic news, his failure to lead on the Corona virus and John Lewis is being buried today with Obama giving the eulogy.

He wants to be on top of the news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 85July 30, 2020 2:12 PM

Okay, thanks for stopping by, sockpuppet at r79. Sorry you got outed as a troll earlier and had to go dig up a second account, but surely it's worth it so you can, er, upset maybe four people on Datalounge? Who will, for an hour or so, worry that they're going to get shot on Election Day by hired goons, since Barr is so obviously going to pay for millions of them to go to every city in the country, apparently.

Plus the other batch of a few million goons to burn all the early ballots in every county seat in the country, right? Sure.

by Anonymousreply 86July 30, 2020 2:12 PM

Times: 2020 Election Live Updates: Trump Floats Whether to ‘Delay the Election,’ Something He Cannot Legally Do

Note the use of "LEGALLY". Does Cheeto care about the law? Does Barr?

The law won't protect us from bullets, cosseted "Boris!" motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 87July 30, 2020 2:13 PM

DRAMA!!

GIVE ME DRAMA!!!

I AM GAY, GODDAMMIT!!

I LIVE FOR DRAMA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 88July 30, 2020 2:15 PM

[quote]Cheeto is just trying to distract from three things: the dismal economic news

And once again, he has succeeded. You guys fall for it every fucking time. And now no one is talking about today's economic news. He plays the media and the electorate like a fiddle. Those of you in a panic and who have raised your blood pressure, have done so needlessly.

by Anonymousreply 89July 30, 2020 2:16 PM

President Pelosi is trending on Twitter and it's all thanks to Dear Liddle Lider.

by Anonymousreply 90July 30, 2020 2:17 PM

[quote]He's throwing shit up against the wall to see what sticks

Oh, his shit sticks alright. Believe me, that shit sticks.

by Anonymousreply 91July 30, 2020 2:17 PM

R89, they're covering the economic news right now. MSNBC. The Times. The top story on both.

"Ignore this. Nothing to worry about. It's a smokescreen. The economy is the big story."

Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 92July 30, 2020 2:18 PM

Thanks for the update R92. I'm watching The Leopard Man on TCM and the news.

by Anonymousreply 93July 30, 2020 2:21 PM

[quote]It's not like military leaders hate Trump but follow every order he issues. It's not like the military enjoyed beating the shit out of protestors this summer.

And it's not like he could call in a favor to Putin for reinforcements.

by Anonymousreply 94July 30, 2020 2:23 PM

Bone Spurs is reorganizing his campaign staff. Di'mondé & S'ilkie will be the new p-p girls.

by Anonymousreply 95July 30, 2020 2:25 PM

Military leadership, Lafayette Square: follow orders, apologize a week later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 30, 2020 2:25 PM

Even center-right publications like Politico are being very explicit about how (a) he is lying about mail-in voting and (b) he has no constitutional right to delay the elections

And as per R92, it;s not the main story.

Trump is becoming the things he despises most: boring and predictable

by Anonymousreply 97July 30, 2020 2:26 PM

That's where we're at now? Trump is going to import Russian troops to shoot Americans in the streets on Election Day?

by Anonymousreply 98July 30, 2020 2:32 PM

I remember someone made a thread a little while ago about the founding fathers coming back to life to beat the living shit out of Trump.

Really wish that would actually happen.

by Anonymousreply 99July 30, 2020 2:33 PM

I've blocked the "Never going to happen - stay complacent" Boris and Svetlana trolls.

by Anonymousreply 100July 30, 2020 2:36 PM

So a troll is blocking DLers and not the other way around.

Who had that on their bingo card?

by Anonymousreply 101July 30, 2020 2:37 PM

He is right that we are hurdling toward disaster with this election, but he’s an idiot to suggest delaying it.

by Anonymousreply 102July 30, 2020 2:37 PM

Herman Cain dying from Trump Virus after attending the Trump Rally is going to put Delay on the back burner

And it's only 10:30

by Anonymousreply 103July 30, 2020 2:40 PM

DeVos & Prince's mercenary army, Generalissimo Barr decrees of emergency powers, re-installing Flynn, and Putin's special forces. Putin would have a diagram of every U.S. city, block by block.

by Anonymousreply 104July 30, 2020 2:40 PM

[quote]Putin would have a diagram of every U.S. city, block by block.

It's called a map, Rose. And yes, most invading forces do have maps.

I'm glad that imagining the US turning into Red Dawn gives you a widdle boner but no one is buying this distraction, not with both the 33% crash of the GDP *and* Trump basically killing Herman Cain at the Tulsa rally.

by Anonymousreply 105July 30, 2020 2:42 PM

100 posts on this non-event?

You can’t keep falling for distractions.

The GDP has collapsed and Hermain Cain is dead from Plump’s Tulsa rally.

by Anonymousreply 106July 30, 2020 2:42 PM

He’s been fucking with the USPS lately, so keep an eye on that. That’s how your ballots will be delivered and returned.

Don’t put Martial Law past him & Barr. The Repugs were screaming Obama would do it for two terms, no Trump really will do it.

All of you who are saying HE CAN’T! THEY CAN’T! don’t understand the lengths that Bill Barr is willing to go to preserve this presidency. He interrupts the law to his liking and is on holy mission from God in his psychotic mind. THEY WILL DO IT!

by Anonymousreply 107July 30, 2020 2:43 PM

HERMAN CAIN DEAD AT 74 ACCORDING TO HIS OFFICIAL WEBSITE

by Anonymousreply 108July 30, 2020 2:44 PM

I think many of the complacent people are unaware of what Barr's ideology is. They have no idea how radical he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 30, 2020 2:45 PM

Republicans will be the first to oppose the idea.

by Anonymousreply 110July 30, 2020 2:46 PM

GDP IS COLLAPSING!!!

by Anonymousreply 111July 30, 2020 2:46 PM

FF OP for being a gullible fool.

And for not linking directly to an article.

by Anonymousreply 112July 30, 2020 2:47 PM

R112, fuck you. I linked to the BBC breaking news article. FF for you!

by Anonymousreply 113July 30, 2020 2:48 PM

Deflector at r105 calling people Rose. Go back to watching Golden Girls you octogenarian Trumlpter.troll queen with lame utterances..

by Anonymousreply 114July 30, 2020 2:52 PM

Dana Bash (CNN) et al are desperate to normalize Cheeto (again), to make it a horserace. "TheRE's BeEn a CHanGE in ToNE!" is the refrain.

Clearly, there's no change in tone. Starting the daily briefings and wearing a mask don't constitute a change in tone, Dana, you pathetic quisling.

by Anonymousreply 115July 30, 2020 2:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 30, 2020 2:55 PM

*Restarting the daily briefings

by Anonymousreply 117July 30, 2020 2:56 PM

My fellow Americans: We were warned back in 2016 that if Trump was elected he'd likely try and find a reason to stop the 2020 election from happening. But yeah, you know....her emails. So now, are you willing to accept the warnings that even if he loses in November (assuming the election happens because part of me believes the GOP will aid him in trying to stop it) he won't go willingly.

by Anonymousreply 118July 30, 2020 3:08 PM

The only reason I don’t think Trump will stage a military coup is that he doesn’t have the military in his pocket yet.

Yet.

by Anonymousreply 119July 30, 2020 3:16 PM

R36 , FUCK YOU

by Anonymousreply 120July 30, 2020 3:17 PM

[quote]octogenarian Trumlpter.troll queen with lame utterances..

A valiant effort.

by Anonymousreply 121July 30, 2020 3:21 PM

No chance. He needs the approval of Congress and he does not have control over both.

by Anonymousreply 122July 30, 2020 3:22 PM

McConnell declines to answer reporters who asked him for his reaction to Trump's tweet floating an election delay, per WaPo's Erica Werner.

by Anonymousreply 123July 30, 2020 3:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 30, 2020 3:25 PM

R53, thanks. Good read.

by Anonymousreply 125July 30, 2020 3:26 PM

Washington Post columnist Henry Olsen in April: "Biden’s unfounded accusation Thursday that President Trump wants to delay November’s election was not only clearly over the line but also unmasks how low the supposedly moderate Biden will go to win."

by Anonymousreply 126July 30, 2020 3:26 PM

Step on the mail-ins Dems. This is no time to back down.

by Anonymousreply 127July 30, 2020 3:28 PM

The biggest barrier to him trying to delay or cancel the election is the fact that the states control their own elections, and how many states are going to be okay with delaying elections for governor, senators, state representatives, etc? Not many, not even a lot of red states.

And once you get to the point where several, if not most, states have held the elections as Constitutionally mandated, there's no way SCOTUS would throw out the votes already tallied.

by Anonymousreply 128July 30, 2020 3:28 PM

After learning that a staunch ally of his died from a coronavirus infection likely acquired at his Tulsa rally, seeing the stock market drop 500 points and digesting the news of a 9.5 point drop in quarterly GDP, Trump tweets this an hour ago:

Support Patio Pizza and its wonderful owner, Guy Caligiuri, in St. James, Long Island (N.Y.). Great Pizza!!!

by Anonymousreply 129July 30, 2020 3:29 PM

"Thank God for the Constitution."

You mean the same Constitution Trump and Barr wipe their asses with every damn day of the week? That Constitution?

by Anonymousreply 130July 30, 2020 3:32 PM

Last week: “There’s been a change in tone.”

Gullible media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 30, 2020 3:35 PM

"The only reason I don’t think Trump will stage a military coup is that he doesn’t have the military in his pocket yet."

The US military that hasn't won a war in 75 years? They're much more concerned about their pensions and shiny weapons programs that they are protection of Democracy, and like Republicans, will do whatever Herr Trump says.

They're paper tigers who don't have the balls to stand up to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 132July 30, 2020 3:36 PM

[quote]R112, fuck you. I linked to the BBC breaking news article. FF for you!

The BBC article you cut and pasted from the first thread posted an hour before this one, you mean? Yeah, you're a goddamned hero, starting a second thread because your fearmongering wasn't getting any purchase on the original thread.

by Anonymousreply 133July 30, 2020 3:38 PM

Secretary of State Pompeo this morning, in response to Senator Tim Kaine, on whether a President can delay a Presidential election:

"In the end, the Department of Justice and others will make that legal determination."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 30, 2020 3:49 PM

R129, is that some kind of diss against Cain? He used to own Godfather's Pizza.

by Anonymousreply 135July 30, 2020 3:51 PM

[quote]is that some kind of diss against Cain?

No, Trump was apparently watching a FOX News show that had the pizza owner on, and the owner said he supported Trump.

by Anonymousreply 136July 30, 2020 3:54 PM

Secretary of State Pompeo this morning, in response to Senator Tim Kaine, on whether a President can delay a Presidential election:

"In the end, the Department of Justice and others will make that legal determination."

In your dreams Pompeo that your fellow fat ass Barr hold this kind of power!

by Anonymousreply 137July 30, 2020 3:55 PM

Any Republican who supports this is a traitor.

ENOUGH WITH THE TREASON.

by Anonymousreply 138July 30, 2020 3:56 PM

Maybe those fuckers in Portland could stop wasting time and go to the WH right now. All of these protesters need to gather outside of the WH.

by Anonymousreply 139July 30, 2020 4:03 PM

Maybe those fuckers in Portland could stop wasting time and go to the WH right now. All of these protesters need to gather outside of the WH.

by Anonymousreply 140July 30, 2020 4:03 PM

R124, no one gives a fuck what the Neocunt thinks.

by Anonymousreply 141July 30, 2020 4:04 PM

The point, R141, is that Fleischer lambasted Biden for having the temerity to suggest that Trump would try to delay the election -- an "extreme, dangerous conspiracy theory." Then he heaped scorn on the media for not dragging Biden across the coals.

Three months later and Trump does exactly what Biden predicted.

by Anonymousreply 142July 30, 2020 4:10 PM

R142, the bigger point: There are tons of assholes like him who say things like that and then are shown for the hypocrites that they are. He's a shit - that's not news.

by Anonymousreply 143July 30, 2020 4:13 PM

If we stopped discussing what "shits" say and do, there would no DL.

by Anonymousreply 144July 30, 2020 4:14 PM

This is why Dems need to stop being mealy-mouthed and say outright that we don't elect despots. We will not let this happen. Speak up.

Well, R144, we can at least limit the amount of shit discussion to the current crop rather than dig up the dried shits who started us down the road to hell

by Anonymousreply 145July 30, 2020 4:16 PM

No need. Make it all by mail. Problem solved.

Besides, they don't have enough poll workers anyway.

by Anonymousreply 146July 30, 2020 4:16 PM

R146, that's why the asshole is trying to delay it. They're screaming about mail voter fraud despite the fact that they all vote by mail themselves.

by Anonymousreply 147July 30, 2020 4:21 PM

Everything from this day forward will be a reason to delay/cancel the election. Covid (Cain died! We must honor him by not letting his death be in vain), hurricane destruction in FL, the economy, (nonexistent) voter fraud, USPS collapsing, toe fungus, EVERYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 148July 30, 2020 4:28 PM

Honestly, I think it's to distract from Clinton, Bush and Obama speaking at the John Lewis tribute. It has to be humiliating that he wasn't asked.

by Anonymousreply 149July 30, 2020 4:31 PM

Trump has frontotemporal dementia. He's been showing signs of it since 2015. The only way to get him out of office before he does more damage is to spread knowledge of his degenerative condition. His supporters like his sociopathy and narcissism so you can't with that argument. Tom J. Chicago on Twitter has experience with this disease and has been chronicling Trump's decline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 30, 2020 4:37 PM

I haven't read the full thread, so sorry if this has been asked already, but how are other countries who are due general elections this year handling them in light of COVID?

by Anonymousreply 151July 30, 2020 4:43 PM

Tom Joseph @TomJChicago Trump's dementia resembles psychosis now. His tone during his speech yesterday, and his tweet output this morning show he's delusional and violent. It's imperative that Pence and the cabinet remove him today. This is serious. The walls are caving in on him.

by Anonymousreply 152July 30, 2020 4:46 PM

Caving in on HIM?

by Anonymousreply 153July 30, 2020 4:49 PM

r51 is also a massive fool because most military leaders are against Trump, too now.

NICE TRY, BORIS. Putin's collapse will come soon, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 30, 2020 4:59 PM

R151, that’s a good question.

by Anonymousreply 155July 30, 2020 5:03 PM

R154 = another complacency troll = Boris

by Anonymousreply 156July 30, 2020 5:04 PM

Think about a little it took for conservative white assholes to go over the edge and turn fascist so easily. And you want to go off about non-white people who watch their countries get destroyed being "savages"?

We have assholes show up to the statehouse with guns and threaten the life of the governor -with the support of this admin- because they couldn't get a haircut.

White conservatives are in fact the most dangerous people on this planet because it takes virtually nothing to set them off and what's more disturbing? They're set off by efforts to HELP save their lives. Sick people.

by Anonymousreply 157July 30, 2020 5:07 PM

what* little

by Anonymousreply 158July 30, 2020 5:08 PM

"They're set off by efforts to HELP save their lives."

They're set off by efforts to HELP save black/brown/Asian lives. They're set off because these movements threaten their white privilege, which they swear on their mother's graves does not exist and is a liberal fallacy.

by Anonymousreply 159July 30, 2020 5:19 PM

Trump not dealing with the Russian bounties situation has really pissed them off.

by Anonymousreply 160July 30, 2020 5:22 PM

r156 = Putin-Trump propaganda fool.

F&F

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 30, 2020 5:24 PM

R159, definitely agree with you there

by Anonymousreply 162July 30, 2020 5:26 PM

La Sénatrice: "I don't think that's a particularly good idea"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 30, 2020 5:27 PM

John Cornyn is now trying to claim Trump was "joking"

Shecky Trump is a real laugh riot, after all those years he spent fine-tuning his comedy routines in the Catskills

by Anonymousreply 164July 30, 2020 5:32 PM

He'll deligitimize rather than delay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 30, 2020 5:47 PM

R161, F&F. Divisiveness is degrading our democracy. Do better.

by Anonymousreply 166July 30, 2020 5:50 PM

Trump doesn't need the military to delay the election. He declares a state of emergency due to the pandemic being out of control, and therefore, it is not possible to have an election where everyone can vote safely. The elections are controlled by the states. The majority of state houses are controlled by Republicans. They agree that the election should be postponed. The Attorneys General from the Democratic states sue in court. It quickly goes to the Supreme Court. They agree that the president has broad discretion with emergency powers.

But maybe Roberts sides with the liberal justices, and the election proceed -- unless of course, RBG doesn't make it to November. Then, even if Roberts wants to side with the liberals, it will not matter since McConnell will have installed another conservative justice by then.

Never think anything is impossible.

by Anonymousreply 167July 30, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote]He declares a state of emergency due to the pandemic being out of control

After spending almost a year NOT taking it seriously? I don't think so. He's worse than corona. People would rather deal with a pandemic than him as president for another four years.

by Anonymousreply 168July 30, 2020 6:13 PM

R163 I declare, Miss Lindsey! Such strong words!

by Anonymousreply 169July 30, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote] He's right about mail being easy to fraud. I've been able to register to vote by mail over multiple addresses, just to see if I could. It's damn easy to do.

R47, you keep stupidly posting this crap, and as far as I know it isn't illegal to register to vote, someone could move a lot and register, however I challenge you to actually try and vote multiple times since you think it is so damn easy. Unfortunately you won't be able to post on DL from prison, which is where you ass will be sitting. Trump is right about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 170July 30, 2020 6:16 PM

R170, they truly are stupid. It's like saying "I could easily rob a bank because I've been able to enter multiple banks."

Try to *actually* rob the bank, then we'll talk.

by Anonymousreply 171July 30, 2020 6:18 PM

DL has some of the smartest and most informed posters on the internet. We also have some real dumb ones.

Unfortunately, the dumbest ones are running amok in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 172July 30, 2020 6:41 PM

When Miss Linsey speaks, menz listen and news bimbos repeat.

by Anonymousreply 173July 30, 2020 7:00 PM

Trump says something utterly nonsensical.

America just brushes it off because it just doesn't happen that way.

The DOJ and Executive Branch and all the GOP work hard to make sure it actually happens.

by Anonymousreply 174July 30, 2020 7:03 PM

The GOP is just fine with the military voting by mail.

by Anonymousreply 175July 30, 2020 7:04 PM

Declaring a national emergency does not give Trump the authority to change the election date. Even in a national emergency, the President does not have any federal powers that are not granted to him, and changing an election date is a power not granted to the President.

by Anonymousreply 176July 30, 2020 7:08 PM

The OP is a divisive troll.

by Anonymousreply 177July 30, 2020 7:12 PM

Trump is just trying to distract from the news that economy is in the absolute toilet, according to news released today

by Anonymousreply 178July 30, 2020 7:15 PM

[quote]2016. He won. Anything is possible.

But he won through the process. The process remains.

by Anonymousreply 179July 30, 2020 7:19 PM

He's just setting up a narrative for his loss. It was stolen, I was robbed... let the crazy old man rant.

by Anonymousreply 180July 30, 2020 7:20 PM

While I do think distracting everyone from the dismal economic numbers is one aspect, it's interesting time that Dump floated this little idea *after* Big Bill Barr appears before Congress, as they undoubtedly would've ripped him a new one over it.

by Anonymousreply 181July 30, 2020 7:20 PM

Can someone get through to these cultist evangelicals?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 30, 2020 7:21 PM

^ LOL ,,, OMG

by Anonymousreply 183July 30, 2020 7:25 PM

Oh, hi Fascism! Come on in!

by Anonymousreply 184July 30, 2020 8:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185July 30, 2020 8:19 PM

NC Gov. Cooper said we are voting Nov. 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 186July 30, 2020 8:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 30, 2020 8:24 PM

This thread is absolutely overrun with trolls trying to foment panic and hysteria. The people you are so afraid of will be gone eventually, if not sooner. Many of those in power will be in disgrace, and will spend the rest of their miserable lives fighting off probate and paying off legal bills. Nothing is to be gained from fearmongering or hysteria-trolling if you refuse to give in to fear and hysteria. Some of the comments I’ve seen are reprehensible and clearly wrong on many levels. I was finishing high school during the assassination of MLK and Bobby Kennedy. The police riots at the Chicago Democratic Convention, 1968. The depths of our involvement in Vietnam, with revelations re bombing in Cambodia and incursions into Laos yet forthcoming. Nixon was elected over an incredibly lame Hubert Humphrey. Chances were that someone you knew, that you had played football with, had gotten drafted, or had just been shipped home in a box. Yet 4 years later There was a Watergate. There was withdrawal from Vietnam. Nixon resigned, and Agnew had already quit when his financial details didn’t add up. You hafta stand up to these bullies, bastards, cowards. They have always been around, throughout history. They do not represent a majority of ordinary people, they represent no one but their own villainous make. They’ll be gone. Soon.

by Anonymousreply 188July 30, 2020 8:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 30, 2020 8:26 PM

You’ve got to hand it to Trump — he never stops striving. Already the worst president in US history by a country mile, he’s not content to rest on those laurels, but keeps working hard at it.

What’s that you say? Delay the election so you can remain in power? Check and mate, my friend ... check and mate.

by Anonymousreply 190July 30, 2020 8:26 PM

The evil orange sucker is GOING DOWN! Lot's of trolls will be restless and fomenting division. They'll need to form a Wallow in Hate club to keep each other company. Poor sad loser souls.

by Anonymousreply 191July 30, 2020 8:28 PM

This will be on my iPod when he is escorted out of OUR White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 30, 2020 8:31 PM

I would never dream of hurting anyone but if he continues on like this someone is going to not give a shit enough to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 193July 30, 2020 8:42 PM

I'm guilty of being a hysterical Mary, but at the same time I don't want to be complacent. I do appreciate reassuring comments like R188's, though.

by Anonymousreply 194July 30, 2020 8:43 PM

This tweet was just a distraction because the economy has shrink by 30%

by Anonymousreply 195July 30, 2020 8:45 PM

"You hafta stand up to these bullies, bastards, cowards."

Those bullies, bastards and cowards of 1974 can't even begin to compare to the bullies, bastards and cowards of The Republican Party of 2020. They've been emboldened and empowered by a cooperative media, a corrupt judiciary, and the concentration of power and money, money and mo' money in far too few hands.

You are a truly delusional old man if you think 1974 can even be remotely compared to 2020. This is not only a political struggle, it's a fight to the finish to preserve white privilege and the status quo once and for all. And if you think the Trump and the Republicans are going to roll over and play dead just because they lose an election, well again you are a delusional old man.

Sorry, Pollyanna Prisspot, but you are wrong on all counts.

by Anonymousreply 196July 30, 2020 8:57 PM

It's probably that, R195, yes.

I am not paying any Republicans any compliments when I observe I am surprised at the number of them disagreeing on this and the clarity of the disagreement. They fall short of attacking him as we'd like but they aren't doing their usual trick of staying silent and a lot of them of actually saying no, business as usual. That's major these days. Again, no credit to those cretins but I'll cop to surprise and relief.

Can you imagine what it would do the world economies and the markets if that foolishness from him was allowed to stand unchallenged?

by Anonymousreply 197July 30, 2020 8:58 PM

1974 had Russians hacking vote totals with computers?

by Anonymousreply 198July 30, 2020 8:58 PM

The OP is all over this thread like stink on shit. He literally has dozens and dozens of posts on this thread. He's the hysteric at r51 who posted:

[quote] [R48], I'm an attorney. I am very familiar with the Federalist Society (dabbled a bit in law school and early as an associate). I know how these motherfuckers think. They're not playing.

He is purposefully trying to foment hysteria. I STRONGLY encourage blocking him, and voting him for F&F.

by Anonymousreply 199July 30, 2020 9:09 PM

R188 You are my age and I lived exactly what you described (with edit that, although I canvassed for McCarthy - went "clean for Gene" - I think it's unfair to describe Humphrey as an absolute loser. HH had really progressive proposals - like universal income, a lifetime before Yang...)

.....AND your conclusion, while comfortingly comforting as befits an Elder, is shaky. That period of time led to a Nixonian Era distrust of government which led to Reagan when the whole trendlines to economic and social justice got blocked by the late Capitalism forces of Greed and corruption. If the right things had happened in 1968... we'd never have had Reagan. All data show the American Project began to die with Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 200July 30, 2020 9:21 PM

[quote]That period of time led to a Nixonian Era distrust of government which led to Reagan when the whole trendlines to economic and social justice got blocked by the late Capitalism forces of Greed and corruption.

This isn't a new phase, it's the tail end of that. There was the capitalism you described, Clintonian capitalism, unassailable capitalism thereafter because, oh, my dear, the markets! This is the tail end of it. Under Biden you will see reform this country, as it is at present, can handle. And, hopefully with a taste of it, further progress from there.

by Anonymousreply 201July 30, 2020 9:32 PM

Is Trump privately collecting funds for matches to burn The Reichstag?

by Anonymousreply 202July 30, 2020 9:32 PM

He's already been told by the GOP, "nuh uh fat boy, ain't gonna happen".

by Anonymousreply 203July 30, 2020 9:34 PM

He really fucked up on this one. Strategic distraction or not, half the damn Republicans came out against it, albeit without much fire in their bellies. Still, he's alone except for the basket of deplorables he arrived with.

by Anonymousreply 204July 30, 2020 9:34 PM

I’m so sick of this fat treasonous fuck. donated $20 to Biden today.

by Anonymousreply 205July 30, 2020 9:51 PM

GET OUT, QUEENS TRASH!!!

by Anonymousreply 206July 30, 2020 9:52 PM

R192 Amen! This song just leapt into my head last night and I realized it’s the revolution, all around the world, music playing, and people singing, dancin in the streets!

by Anonymousreply 207July 30, 2020 10:09 PM

Liar at r47 wants us to believe he committed felonies "just to see."

by Anonymousreply 208July 31, 2020 12:47 AM

Stop with 'calm down, the constitution makes it clear he can't do this' crap. How many times do he and his admin need to make it clear: They don't a give a fuck about the US constitution! And no, it doesn't matter if what he's planning is legal; Bar has made it clear Trump is above the law.

by Anonymousreply 209July 31, 2020 12:54 AM

Our atty general gave almost $1M to Republican candidates before he became AG.

There is nothing these demons have done that isn't despicable.

by Anonymousreply 210July 31, 2020 1:01 AM

Barr is part of that network to Putin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 31, 2020 1:07 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic that Biden will win. It's by no means a certainty, though, so Dems mustn't be complacent.

I'm actually surprised Trump hasn't announced that he's not running for re-election, a la Lyndon Johnson. Not only would that spare him the humiliation of losing the election, but it would also allow him to return to his pre-presidential life, which I suspect he strongly preferred. Maybe he feels that stepping down would be a sign of weakness.

by Anonymousreply 212July 31, 2020 1:15 AM

I vaguely remember being called a "libtard fearmonger" or some such for saying Trump would try to stop the election back in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 213July 31, 2020 1:21 AM

Bill Maher has been saying this since 2016

by Anonymousreply 214July 31, 2020 1:32 AM

[quote]Bill Maher has been saying this since 2016

Not to quote that orange dickhead, but "a lot of people have been saying it," but fucking assholes like Maher then decided to spend more time whining about the left and acting like it's the bigger threat.

by Anonymousreply 215July 31, 2020 1:36 AM

He seems to be other posters as well, R199.

Florida is Trump Central and even THEY have made it clear they're going to have the election on time, regardless of what Trump says. Most states aren't going to delay the election, and neither Barr nor Trump can force them to. The Federal Gov't doesn't tally the votes, individual states do.

How Trump's tweet turned into "the Russian Army is going to shoot us for voting" on this thread is beyond me, but the scaremongering all over the board today has been pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 216July 31, 2020 3:10 AM

[quote]R161, F&F. Divisiveness is degrading our democracy. Do better.

You've been calling people Boris and Svetlana on here for days, anyone who disagrees with you is "the REAL Boris" or whatever. Someone else does it and you demand everyone FF them? Go away.

by Anonymousreply 217July 31, 2020 3:17 AM

I’m feeling much better after watching Lawrence O’Donnell tonight. Apologies for the alarmism. I was duped into distraction.

by Anonymousreply 218July 31, 2020 3:29 AM

R217, I did that in reply to someone who called me Boris.

by Anonymousreply 219July 31, 2020 3:30 AM

R218, what did he say?

by Anonymousreply 220July 31, 2020 4:20 AM

Can you imagine all fake ballots Boris will be sending out trying to confuse people!?

by Anonymousreply 221July 31, 2020 4:22 AM

R212 He can’t. As soon as he leaves office, he’ll be engulfed in litigation and lawsuits that will engulf him the rest of his life. Whatever hold Russia (money) has over him will come out and god knows what else. Re-election is his only chance at holding the wolves at bay.

by Anonymousreply 222July 31, 2020 4:31 AM

Trump needs to be taken out. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 223July 31, 2020 4:46 AM

[quote]I’m feeling much better after watching Lawrence O’Donnell tonight. Apologies for the alarmism. I was duped into distraction.

You called a dozen people "Boris" and told several people to "fuck off," and you said repeatedly that you didn't care what the media said, they were all lying. You also called all Americans "children" for not believing your claim that Trump and Barr were going to put the entire military in the streets to kill people trying to vote. You did this on several threads for hours on end.

Now suddenly the media isn't lying and you were just a little distracted?

by Anonymousreply 224July 31, 2020 7:43 AM

This isn’t the only thread the OP here is in, spreading fear and worry, all with the same nasty, violent tone as he does here.

by Anonymousreply 225July 31, 2020 9:43 AM

Trump is not emotionally or mentally capable of playing the long game. The media will be soaked with all of the crap he's come up with in the past few months. Those attack ads will be a thing of beauty.

All he had to do to be re- elected was to give a shit about Coronavirus and he couldn't even do that to save himself.

by Anonymousreply 226July 31, 2020 10:38 AM

Agree 194. I hate the hysteria and fear-mothering, but wed be foolish to think nothing bad can happen.

by Anonymousreply 227July 31, 2020 11:50 AM

R227.

by Anonymousreply 228July 31, 2020 12:36 PM

Why is there strong [italic] bipartisan [/italic] pushback against Trump on this?

Because even most Republican politicians know he’s nuts.

The difference is that the primaries are over. Republicans are now more fearful of what the electorate will do than they afraid of a negative swipe from Orange Julius. They know he’s not going to tweet [italic] in favor [/italic] of their Democratic opponent.

Sooo, you have Moscow Mitch disagreeing with him on pushing back the election and admitting he doesn’t want to spend a billion renovating the decrepit FBI building on Pennsylvania Ave to prevent a competitive hotel being built across from Trump’s.

They need to separate themselves from his declining popularity to reduce their chances of straight ticket defeats.

But, should he somehow win, they will bury their newly found backbones and revert to toady behavior until June 2022.

by Anonymousreply 229July 31, 2020 12:49 PM

So are we all blocking the OP?

by Anonymousreply 230July 31, 2020 1:08 PM

Since yesterday, yes, R230.

by Anonymousreply 231July 31, 2020 3:32 PM

No one is for this because by 1.20.2020, Trump and Pence are no longer president and vp. Term is done. If there is no election then we have

Madam President Pelosi.

Bring it.

by Anonymousreply 232July 31, 2020 5:01 PM

Trump's not trying to kill democracy at all.

He just wants his vote to outweigh everyone else's and he has the weight to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 233July 31, 2020 5:16 PM

All that R229, plus they are deathly afraid that they will be voted out themselves.

Even McTurtle and Lady G are starting to see their races get competitive.

by Anonymousreply 234July 31, 2020 5:23 PM

Was good fodder for The Lincoln Project

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 31, 2020 5:24 PM

[quote] So are we all blocking the OP?

No but only because I enjoy seeing what the idiots and nutbags are saying. Amusingly, the OP also started both the “VP Tammy Duckworth: I think she’s the one” and “VP Kamala Harris: Looks like it’s going go be her (sic)” threads, so I guess he is prone to thinking whatever half-baked info crossed his screen five minutes ago is set in stone.

by Anonymousreply 236July 31, 2020 5:44 PM

[quote]They don't a give a fuck about the US constitution! And no, it doesn't matter if what he's planning is legal; Bar has made it clear Trump is above the law.

Republicans starting breaking from him at even the suggestion.

There is a court system packed with judges they appointed... who are Constitutionalists.

There are armed forces whose oath is the protect and defend the Constitution.

There's also a nation full of people at least half of which don't support these criminals.

They can try, but I don't believe for a minute they can sustain anything.

by Anonymousreply 237July 31, 2020 10:35 PM

If he loses will he start singing "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going"?

by Anonymousreply 238August 1, 2020 1:20 AM

OMG, these shady bitches at the Lincoln Project:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 1, 2020 1:36 AM

Great ad at R235.

by Anonymousreply 240August 1, 2020 4:21 AM

1,000 likes for R239.

by Anonymousreply 241August 1, 2020 4:23 AM

R239: YES!!! Shady as Hell and I am HERE for it!👍👍❤️LP!

by Anonymousreply 242August 1, 2020 4:28 AM

R188, I'm high school Class of '67. First ever vote on my 19th birthday in 1968. Know all of every moment you mention, including campus unrest/cancelled classes, neighbor boy killed in Vietnam, etc.

But I take slight issue with your description of the late, and yes, great Hubert Humphrey. By many accounts he was in position to defeat heretofore Presidential-election loser Nixon had there been one more month before Election Day. HHH was not McGovern.

by Anonymousreply 243August 1, 2020 12:04 PM

R243, you are correct, the 1968 election was actually close. Nixon’s notorious and evil interference in peace negotiations swayed the country against then-VP Humphrey. Trump can only aspire to be the evil that Nixon was.

by Anonymousreply 244August 1, 2020 8:37 PM

Trump is FAR worse than Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 245August 2, 2020 1:04 AM

Especially when you consider what Trump would do given absolute power.

by Anonymousreply 246August 2, 2020 1:10 AM

R245, So far Trump hasn't illegally invaded a sovereign nation (Cambodia, or if you prefer Dubya, Iraq, take your pick); had his AG illegally arrest thousands of protesters (who were each awarded $10K in judgment); continued a war by claiming that peace was nigh (it wasn't); covered up a "3rd-rate burglary," aka, condoned felonies committed against political opponents; had an Administration of convicted felons (campaign staff and lawyers so far with the exception of Gen. Flynn, NSA advisor, but not as many members of the Administration as with Haldeman, Erlichman, Mitchell, Dean, Colson, Magruder, Kleindienst, Chapin, plus Liddy, Hunt, McCord, etc.); and more.

But given a second term......

by Anonymousreply 247August 2, 2020 5:23 AM

No, but Trump's actions led to the deaths of many Kurds, many Ukrainians died while he was withholding aid, many thousands of Americans died because of his shitty handling of the coronavirus. And then there's the American soldiers who had bounties put on them, which he knew about and didn't give a shit about

by Anonymousreply 248August 2, 2020 4:38 PM

R248, while Dump has done incredible damage, we should be grateful he’s so incompetent. Nixon was highly complement, and was able to do damage 50 years ago that reverberates to this day. Dump, however, is the worst president in terms of capability. COVID alone seals that judgment.

by Anonymousreply 249August 2, 2020 4:44 PM

Points taken, r248. Yeah, the Corona dead would be three Vietnam Memorial Walls.

by Anonymousreply 250August 2, 2020 5:54 PM

Scary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251August 2, 2020 6:10 PM

The Hill today:

August 02, 2020 - 02:07 PM EDT

Clyburn: Trump doesn't plan to leave the White House

House Majority Whip James Cyburn (D-S.C.) said Sunday that he doesn't think President Trump plans to peacefully leave the White House and instead wants to attempt to use emergency powers to extend his term.

Clyburn told CNN's "State of the Union" that he does not think Trump ever planned to "peacefully transfer power."

"I don't think he plans to leave the White House," he said. "He doesn't plan to have fair and unfettered elections. I believe that he plans to install himself in some kind of emergency way to continue to hold onto office."

"And that is why the American people had better wake up," he added.

by Anonymousreply 252August 2, 2020 8:06 PM

These Portland protesters along with millions of others better get their asses to DC and drag him out.

by Anonymousreply 253August 2, 2020 8:08 PM

First they better get their asses to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 254August 4, 2020 11:17 AM

The military has already said they will not continue to protect him if he loses the election. Trump is a coward and would be crying in a corner if protesters showed up to the WH with no one to protect him. He will have no choice but to waddle away like a baby.

by Anonymousreply 255August 4, 2020 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!