Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is anyone round here going to follow Fauci's advice and take the GOGGLES route?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 1, 2020 4:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2020 9:36 AM

"Nope. Barely wear a mask.

—Sane, sensible, healthy"

More like narcissistic, reckless, and a troll.

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2020 10:55 AM

No, sounds nutty. Air is gonna circulate all over you no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2020 11:09 AM

Of course it is, r4, but it won’t go directly in your eyes if someone sneezes, coughs or just breathes heavy.

While I don’t wear goggles, per se, I have a pair of safety glasses from work that look like a regular pair of sunglasses I wear.

Even a simple pair of glasses or sunglasses would work. They don’t have to be goggles. Fauci is not the only one saying this either.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2020 11:13 AM

R4, the whole point is nothing is foolproof, but you do anything and everything to minimize your risk.

You probably won’t get HIV from fucking bareback, but you take precautions to minimize the risk.

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2020 11:14 AM

[quote]More like narcissistic, reckless, and a troll.

Another histrionic queen heard from.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2020 11:16 AM

I wore them in the early stages of covid but I let down my guard. They're going back on

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2020 11:28 AM

Like that’s happened to me, R5. I don’t mean recently-I mean throughout the entire history of my life to date, my eyes have yet to receive the spittle of another in any significant way other than the infinitesimal amounts carried through the air since the birth of humans and time immemorial.

Maybe YOU’LL do “anything and everything,” R6. Some of us aren’t too terribly afraid. Whatever makes you feel better, though.

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2020 11:29 AM

I ordered a few face shields this am, still about $4 ea on amazon.

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2020 11:42 AM

Unfortunately, we'll never know how many wear face shields, mask (and in some cases TWO masks) and gloves, and ended up infected anyway.

by Anonymousreply 11July 30, 2020 11:45 AM

[quote] I ordered a few face shields this am

A few? How man faces do you have?

by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2020 11:53 AM

Does this face shield make me look fat? Oh wow, thanks for the honesty. Good thing I brought two others!

by Anonymousreply 13July 30, 2020 12:00 PM

[quote] for 'perfect' protection

Why does he choose to use terms such as that? There is probably added protection with goggles but perfect protection makes him sound like just another loon, which is not at all helpful.

I have no idea whether I will start wearing goggles or not yet, at first I couldn't see myself wearing a mask and now I wear one religiously.

by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2020 12:01 PM

Time to admit that the people we used to mock as archaic and primitive probably knew better than we do. May as well just go all in on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2020 12:03 PM

Like R5 I have some safety glasses that I wear in higher-risk situations (shopping, doctor visits), but for just walking the dog I assume that my sunglasses are good enough.

by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2020 12:03 PM

Outside? Nope. I think a mask is sufficient. Inside a box or grocery store? Most definitely. People are STILL too lax for me to trust them with my health and I have little enough time left as it is.

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2020 12:03 PM

I had my annual wellness examine last week and now that I think of it my doctor was wearing goggles. I wear contacts and I had heard it was recommended that people who wear contacts stop because of possible infection by insertion and removal of the contacts.

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2020 12:07 PM

[quote]Outside? Nope. I think a mask is sufficient. Inside a box or grocery store? Most definitely. People are STILL too lax for me to trust them with my health and I have little enough time left as it is. —oldlez

How old is you, gurl?

by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2020 12:08 PM

Oh please no.

Sometimes I wonder if this isn’t a test of our willingness to conform. It’s like the hijab that Muslim women are totally NOT forced to wear. It’s their choice, nobody is holding a gun to their head. And it’s for their own protection, and the protection of the men around them, so they don’t get tempted to rape. It’s an outward symbol of their virtue, and those who don’t wear it are scorned by holy and nobody cares what happens to them because they were asking for it. If they’d just wear the covering, they’d be safe.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2020 12:28 PM

To an extent, yes. I wear a mask in public for safety but it also says, stand back. The goggles clearly give that effect too.

Your paranoia about conformity is insane though

by Anonymousreply 21July 30, 2020 12:35 PM

I've been wearing an N95 mask, goggles and a face shield since this all started. A maskless man walked past me in the grocery store last month and sneered, "idiot" as he gawked at my attire. You know something? I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 22July 30, 2020 12:37 PM

One thing I’ve learned during this - we have no idea how this spreads exactly. I got it despite wearing a mask, keeping 6 feet apart and minimizing going to public places. After months of 99% lockdown, I went to a Home Depot and restaurant pickup when things reopened. I was in a place where infections were exploding - which became evident a week later. I got it despite mask. This thing seems way more contagious than regular flu.

by Anonymousreply 23July 30, 2020 12:38 PM

Is R2/7 posting from February 23rd?

by Anonymousreply 24July 30, 2020 12:39 PM

[quote]Your paranoia about conformity is insane though

Unquestioned acquiescence to increasingly extreme directives, especially about a still-unknown virus, is very concerning.

by Anonymousreply 25July 30, 2020 12:43 PM

People like R25 are the reason this will never be over. We could have knocked this shit out in 3 weeks, but these Karen/ Kevin types keep pontificating, rather than get their shit together. Imagine if blacks started pulling this bullshit. They'd be immediately rounded up and dropped off in arena style jails to rot, no questions asked.

by Anonymousreply 26July 30, 2020 12:52 PM

i thought a "karen" was the type that would be calling the cops on R25 for non-compliance.

you people need to get your racist-misogynist labels straight.

by Anonymousreply 27July 30, 2020 12:54 PM

Someone recently learned the word histrionics I see.

Must be that new Word of the Day calendar coming in handy.

by Anonymousreply 29July 30, 2020 1:18 PM

It’s just the Asshole of Death still trying to kill as many of us as she can

by Anonymousreply 30July 30, 2020 1:22 PM

I don’t have to worry about no stinking goggles I wear eyeglasses and a mask!

by Anonymousreply 31July 30, 2020 1:42 PM

Hilarious how some are compelled to equate taking precautions with being afraid and a conformist.

by Anonymousreply 32July 30, 2020 4:26 PM

They're so original they refuse to conform even to reality. They make their own reality! Like Herman Cain did.

by Anonymousreply 33July 30, 2020 4:31 PM

I have to go to Florida a week from Monday for 3 days( work)...I plan on wearing mask, gloves, and goggles for the flight in both directions!

by Anonymousreply 34July 30, 2020 4:41 PM

No, it's enough to sanitize my eyeglasses before and after outings, when I wash my hands and don and doff gloves.

R25 raises a valid point though. The more I read about pandemics history and contagion patterns from immunology professors and Bill Bryson's book [italic]A Short History of Nearly Everything[/italic], and from Infectious Diseases professors the false sense of security and invulnerability some directives seem to give simple superstitious people, the more I suspect these mandates are more to instill confidence of citizens to gather in retail stores and eating establishments to keep the economy going.

by Anonymousreply 35July 30, 2020 4:43 PM

If we had a decent President there would have been a federally-funded, comprehensive face mask invented and distributed to Americans. Washable, reusable...

by Anonymousreply 36July 30, 2020 4:46 PM

No. Too much and never enough.

Face mask and alcohol are sufficient, and just don't bark in each other's face, and also gargle with salt water/chlorhexidine for 1 minute three times a day.

by Anonymousreply 37July 30, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote]No, it's enough to sanitize my eyeglasses before and after outings

It's really not if it's spread via aerosols, as many scientists believe.

But thank you for making me realize I have to sanitize my glasses. (D'oh!) What do you use that doesn't damage or fog up the glass?

by Anonymousreply 38July 30, 2020 4:48 PM

Watch this video that shows aerosol droplets expelled without a mask compared to various types of masks. Yuck. After seeing this, I’d cover my eyes if I had to be in close proximity to people, even those with cloth masks on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 30, 2020 5:04 PM

A Data Lounge type, sans face mask and under goggles, bracing his nervous disposition to brave the elements and venture out of doors for the first time since April in search of a new stockpile of Lysol wipes from every Wal_Mart within 100 miles of his house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 30, 2020 5:10 PM

A computer model of the Diamond Princess cruise-ship outbreak found that the virus spread most readily in microscopic droplets light enough to linger in the air.

A research team based at Harvard and the Illinois Institute of Technology found that the virus spread most readily in microscopic droplets that were light enough to float in the air, for several minutes or much longer.

The new findings, if confirmed, would have major implications for making indoor spaces safer and choosing among a panoply of personal protective gear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 30, 2020 5:11 PM

Epidemiologist discusses the findings of the Diamond Princess study:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 30, 2020 5:14 PM

Yeah, I wear the mask and use hand sanitizer religiously, practice careful social distancing, etc. I don’t go where people gather, except for groceries, the whole nine yards. And I believe in the collective good, etc.

But I feel like we are being pushed a little further and inching toward something not very nice. Let me be very clear: I am following all the health guidelines. But I’m also seeing a lot of mob mentality and it makes me uneasy.

I bet if Bill DeBlasio introduced a new snitch line NOW, people wouldn’t make fun of it this time. They’d be falling all over themselves to report their neighbors for wearing insufficient-gauge Tyvek body coverings.

by Anonymousreply 43July 30, 2020 5:14 PM

I'm not wearing glasses AND goggles, so glasses will have to do. I wear a mask whenever I leave the house, and I keep hand sanitizer in the car. I'm careful about where I go a nd how many people are there, like you R43. I'm a likely candidate for falling over dead if I catch this thing, so I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.

by Anonymousreply 44July 30, 2020 5:23 PM

How does the new study at R41 square with the findings about the Korean apartment building where many workers at a call center in one part of the building got covid, but very few people elsewhere in the building, even though they were using the same elevators, hallways, and other common spaces?

by Anonymousreply 45July 30, 2020 5:31 PM

Keys. Wallet. Phone. Mask. Ski goggles. Latex gloves. Purell. Wipes.

by Anonymousreply 46July 31, 2020 1:34 AM

I haven't been able to find Purell Wipes in months.

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2020 2:12 AM

I wear a mask if I'm around other people. If I'm walking the dog outside, or running, I don't. Unless this spikes considerably more than it is now, I'll probably forego the goggles.

by Anonymousreply 48July 31, 2020 3:02 AM

[quote]I haven't been able to find Purell Wipes in months.

I'm convinced this is how 40% of DL lives, shut-in, wearing double masks, goggle's under a face shield, double wrapped in latex gloves up to the shoulder blades, living on canned beans and fallout shelter cuisine, ordering all necessities for delivery to a decontamination chamber, and leaving the house only in search of Purell Wipes.

by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2020 7:44 AM

I wear glasses, so no to goggles.

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2020 7:47 AM

R49, I just want a pack of wipes to keep in the car ... geez.

by Anonymousreply 51July 31, 2020 8:09 AM

I draw the line at goggles. I don't go anywhere (indoors) anyway. Groceries are delivered, everything else can be done online. If I absolutely needed to go buy something, it would be early AM when I know the stores are empty. In and out in 15-20 minutes max.

If I had to take a long flight, maybe I'd consider it. But I don't plan to fly for a good while. There just comes a point where I would be willing to risk a very small viral load rather than live in total paranoia. I mean, 6 months of this has already been exhausting. I do everything possible to keep my immune system in good shape and I don't have any high risk folks around me. But I certainly understand those who are high risk, and/or forced to deal with the public regularly, taking stronger measures.

by Anonymousreply 52July 31, 2020 8:13 AM

I'm all ready!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 31, 2020 8:28 AM

Here we go. Another goalpost moved. Another maidens auntie brigade to squawk that we’re Trumpers if we don’t want to wear goggles now, because Fauci does.

by Anonymousreply 54July 31, 2020 8:38 AM

It's been obvious to anyone with a brain right from the start that you need eye protection as well as nose and mouth. I don't know why this is even an issue now, all of a sudden.

by Anonymousreply 55July 31, 2020 8:43 AM

[quote] But I feel like we are being pushed a little further and inching toward something not very nice. Let me be very clear: I am following all the health guidelines. But I’m also seeing a lot of mob mentality and it makes me uneasy.

WTF? There are clips of Deplorables pulling guns and attacking people who ask them to put on mask, but the ones who ask to put on masks are the troubling mob that make you uneasy?

by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2020 9:09 AM

[quote] goggle's under a face shield,

Goggle’s what though?

by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2020 11:04 AM

[quote]WTF? There are clips of Deplorables pulling guns and attacking people who ask them to put on mask, but the ones who ask to put on masks are the troubling mob that make you uneasy?

You don't think it's possible that both sides make him feel uneasy, for different reasons?

by Anonymousreply 58July 31, 2020 11:22 AM

Feeling uneasy=threaten deadly force?

by Anonymousreply 59July 31, 2020 11:23 AM

I won't wear goggles, but I have ordered a full face plastic shield I will wear along with my mask.

by Anonymousreply 60July 31, 2020 11:32 AM

I've seen people wearing masks in their cars and on bicycles.

by Anonymousreply 61July 31, 2020 11:37 AM

R38, when you come back home, bring your glasses into the shower with you and wash them with Dawn liquid soap in the shower. Wash the earpieces and the whole frame with Dawn as well as the lenses.

I’ve been washing my glasses with Dawn for years, because it doesn’t damage the anti-scratch coating and it’s a degreaser. Dry them with an eyeglass cloth. Don’t scrub them dry, just give them one light pass to get the water off the lenses. Don’t leave your glasses in the shower, or you could get mineral deposit spots from the shower water on the lenses.

by Anonymousreply 62July 31, 2020 11:37 AM

Also, don’t use Dawn with any of the perfumed scents, just use plain blue Dawn.

by Anonymousreply 63July 31, 2020 11:39 AM

R63, people give me crap for recommending “original blue Dawn”, but the brand now has 50 different micro biotic antistatic bubbly bullshit versions.

I should wear goggles for my bus commute - it’s a slack-jawed grunter people who blow their noses into their own hair.

by Anonymousreply 64July 31, 2020 12:05 PM

R56 is another problem. The bullying of people who are on the same side as you, but not as virtuous. They lead the mobs.

*sigh*

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2020 12:16 PM

Fauci told Anderson Cooper last night that he never said everybody should wear goggles. He was asked a question about whether a person in a specific circumstance should wear them and he basically said, "Go ahed and wear them if they make you feel safer."

by Anonymousreply 66July 31, 2020 12:20 PM

But Repugs gotta lie. About everything.

by Anonymousreply 67July 31, 2020 12:23 PM

[quote]Fauci told Anderson Cooper last night that he never said everybody should wear goggles. He was asked a question about whether a person in a specific circumstance should wear them and he basically said, "Go ahed and wear them if they make you feel safer."

No, that is not what he said the first time.

What part of "YOU SHOULD USE IT" ...and "you should use it if you can" don't you understand?

Why don't you click on this link and hear what he ACTUALLY SAID in the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 31, 2020 12:27 PM

"Both sides" argument = Trump / Deplorable

Only one side puts everybody else in danger (spoiler alert: The ones not wearing a mask and think they can own the Libs by spreading Covid).

by Anonymousreply 69July 31, 2020 12:28 PM

It's become a political thing in America - them and us...leading to "liberals" shouting in people's faces, with a mask on of course.

by Anonymousreply 70July 31, 2020 12:31 PM

These are not liberals shouting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 31, 2020 12:34 PM

I have glasses, so I don't wear goggles. I do have a pair, though, so I guess I'm ready if necessary. I don't have a face shield and I'm hoping I don't need one.

Other than my own home, I wear a mask everywhere if inside. I wear one outside if there's people around, but if I'm outside walking with nobody around me, I don't wear one, but I do keep one in my pocket if needed.

by Anonymousreply 72July 31, 2020 1:06 PM

[quote] These are not liberals shouting

Those are not even humans shouting.

by Anonymousreply 73July 31, 2020 1:11 PM

If it's at the stage that we need to wear goggles to prevent spread we're all basically fucked, luckily it isn't as deadly as Ebola, Marburg or Hantavirus

by Anonymousreply 74July 31, 2020 1:24 PM

Anyone who questions anything is painted as a Boris or a Trumper.

How about Antifa? Can I be Antifa? Their outfits are cooler.

by Anonymousreply 75July 31, 2020 2:37 PM

Chorona can indeed infect you through your eyes, so you may want to wear a face-shield of goggles depending on your situation. It's not crazy, and it's not anything new. It's something we've known for months.

by Anonymousreply 76July 31, 2020 3:17 PM

Infect me with your corona, I want to be tainted with your germs, my hunky adonis!!!!

by Anonymousreply 77July 31, 2020 5:24 PM

I wear a face shield, and today I went to the market and there was a woman behind me in line intermittently coughing small coughs behind me. Face shields don’t cover the back.

So now I’m going to have to get goggles. *Sigh*

by Anonymousreply 78July 31, 2020 7:06 PM

Maybe a helmut, R78

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 31, 2020 7:18 PM

Yep. Additionally, I’m buying a hard hat, knee and elbow pads, ear plugs, a male cup, and hopefully a shield if I can get my hands on one.

If you told me 5 years ago I’d be typing that I’d tell you that you were a fucking lunatic yet here we are.

This is Amerikkka.

by Anonymousreply 80July 31, 2020 9:55 PM

R80, I have a medical condition that makes me very high risk. I’m not doing it for the hell of it. In the last month, I’ve had three medical emergencies and I’m waiting to have surgery. Two of the emergencies were totally unrelated to the surgery, just weird coincidences. I’ve had a really bad month.

If I get Corona, no surgery for additional weeks, which will make my condition a lot worse than it has to be and it will probably be an emergency. I’m just gritting my teeth until the surgery.

There are some people who have legitimate medical issues, you know. If you see someone in the store with a face shield, there’s a reason.

by Anonymousreply 81July 31, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote] there was a woman behind me in line intermittently coughing small coughs behind me. Face shields don’t cover the back. So now I’m going to have to get goggles.

You have eyes in the back of your head? Are you my mom?

by Anonymousreply 82August 1, 2020 2:08 PM

[quote] there was a woman behind me in line intermittently coughing small coughs behind me.

What would be really weird is if she was coughing small coughs in front of you while she was behind you.

by Anonymousreply 83August 1, 2020 2:09 PM

If you can smell my weed/resin bowl, you are too close. Weed helps social distancing and from a distance god is watching us but I still get annoyed with Bette Midler at times.

by Anonymousreply 84August 1, 2020 2:53 PM

Is there a full bodysuit, maybe like a Hazmat, that one can wear? Seems like when it gets cooler that would be the best bet.

by Anonymousreply 85August 1, 2020 3:03 PM

Of course there is, r85.

Have you not seen in the beginning where the doctors and nurses were saying they didn’t have enough of them?

by Anonymousreply 86August 1, 2020 3:04 PM

If you're going to the grocery store and you're in an area where people wear masks, then maybe no goggles are needed. But if you live in a place where masks are not required and not commonly worn, there will be more Covid-19 floating in the air. The number of hospitalizations in those areas prove that. In those areas, whenever you go out, wear a mask and goggles.

But if you are going on a train, or a plane, or a subway, or other crowded places, then wear the fucking goggles. It is OBVIOUSLY safer. The virus is airborne. It enters your body through mucusal surfaces, i.e., the inside of your mouth, your nose, and your eyes.

Don't be stupid about this. Protect yourselves. You want to be around to struggle through the coming Depression, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 87August 1, 2020 3:08 PM

Anybody found a good source of googles?

by Anonymousreply 88August 1, 2020 3:11 PM

Go to any hardware store and they'll have all sorts of goggles.

by Anonymousreply 89August 1, 2020 3:26 PM

Here you go, R85. Jude Law has you covered, so to speak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 1, 2020 3:34 PM

Well, R88... eBay has over 263,000 listings for "goggles."

You might try there.

by Anonymousreply 91August 1, 2020 3:38 PM

When the first Coronavirus freak out thread here started I got a box of N95s, goggles, face shields and disposable ear covers. The only thing I haven't done is the goggles and ear covers but I'm glad I have them

by Anonymousreply 92August 1, 2020 4:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!