Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Some Biden allies wage a shadow campaign to stop Kamala Harris from becoming vice president

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 1, 2020 10:24 PM

The concerns focus on her attacks on Biden during a primary debate last year, bringing into question her loyalty to the former vice president.

Some also argue that she's too ambitious and that she will be solely focused on eventually becoming president.

by Anonymousreply 1July 29, 2020 10:25 PM

Oh please, some people just want drama all the time in a horse race

by Anonymousreply 2July 29, 2020 10:30 PM

[quote] Some also argue that she's too ambitious and that she will be solely focused on eventually becoming president.

I thought the goal was to have someone to eventually take over as he's going to be too old once his term is over. JB is old, he may not last the first year.

by Anonymousreply 3July 29, 2020 10:33 PM

Well T Rump does like her as the VP pick

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2020 10:33 PM

The sneaky attack on Biden made me dislike her. Then a single attack on her prosecuter history by Tulski during the debates tanked her and she never came back from it.

Plus, she's from California, which doesn't help at all.

by Anonymousreply 5July 29, 2020 10:38 PM

meh to loyalty, we already have an administration of loyal assholes and morons. It might be nice to have a Vice President who didn't believe that kissing the president's ass every minute of every day is job one, two, three, and really the entire job.

by Anonymousreply 6July 29, 2020 10:43 PM

Good. She'd be a disaster. Her only qualification is she got lippy in a few interrogations.

Mike Pence would destroy her in a debate.

by Anonymousreply 7July 29, 2020 10:44 PM

I hope she has a good day.

by Anonymousreply 8July 29, 2020 10:45 PM

YOu know this is bullshit? This started with Doddering Chris Dodd the half senile old assed former senator from Connecticut who is a long time Biden friend and ally and he is still bruised and upset because of the whole "that little girl was me" bullshit at one of the earliest debates. The media and the Republicans are milking this and encouraging and exploiting division...asis their wont. Biden anticipated the media raising questions about Dodd's nonsense, so he had notes on how he would respond and of course the media took it and ran with the assumption the notes were "evidence" of HArris being his running mate. None of this is important, none of it matters. We need to stop engaging with elements out here that are determined to stir up controversy and bullshit so they can divide us. We are united. Trump has united us. Nothing else matters but his defeat.

by Anonymousreply 9July 29, 2020 10:50 PM

Kamala is not a descendant of slaves.

by Anonymousreply 10July 29, 2020 10:51 PM

[quote]Mike Pence would destroy her in a debate.

Love a good joke.

by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2020 10:52 PM

There's really only four possible VP choices in terms of qualifications. Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren and Susan Rice. Period. No one else has the range of expertise they have. Not a governor, a mayor, a former legislator, a Congresswoman, etc. Short of nominating Michelle Obama, or Hillary, no other pubic figure out here can measure up.

by Anonymousreply 12July 29, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote] Mike Pence would destroy her in a debate.

It's the other way, Trumpster. If she can humiliate Barr, she will destroy Pence.

I am not sure why Trump said he likes her but it's usually because they have something on her. Even so, I think she's tough, strong and be able to handle it. Yes, she sounds ambitious but women usually get raked over this "ambitious" trait whereas men get a free pass.

by Anonymousreply 13July 29, 2020 10:56 PM

Isn't it already too late? Politico accidentally leaked that she's the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 14July 29, 2020 10:56 PM

Public not pubic...what was I thinking.....

by Anonymousreply 15July 29, 2020 10:56 PM

The last 72 hours is pretty much confirmation Biden has already picked her. The random surge of anti-Harris articles is not subtle. It's some of Biden's advisors upset that Biden didn't choose their person and trying to tank her at the last minute. It reeks of desperation.

And before I'm accused I'm not a Kamala stan. I would approve of any choice that's been on his list except Val Demings. I originally wanted him to pick Warren. But with everything that has happened I understand the upside to choosing a woman of color. So I don't have a horse in this race. This is just obvious what's happeneing

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2020 11:07 PM

[quote] The sneaky attack on Biden made me dislike her.

There was nothing "sneaky" about that attack, and it's not a good look that that's the first word you jump to. She called him out on a debate stage while she was running against him for president. There aren't really more justified times to attack people.

by Anonymousreply 17July 29, 2020 11:09 PM

Kamala is a backstabber, she'll undermine Biden from day one...

by Anonymousreply 18July 29, 2020 11:09 PM

Any other election year, I would be all up for criticizing her, but too much Trump fatigue has set in. I want The Orange One out, I don't care who Biden picks.

by Anonymousreply 19July 29, 2020 11:10 PM

Bullshit r18.

by Anonymousreply 20July 29, 2020 11:11 PM

[Quote] Kamala is not a descendant of slaves.

This is, of course, absurd. Kamala's father is from Jamaica, same as all my family. Jamaica was literally one of the most important stops on the transatlantic slave trade. It boggles my mind how little some people know of history.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2020 11:13 PM

She is going to put people off and not attract enough to make her a positive choice. I don't think Biden and his team are dumb enough to pick her. The surge in these stories of her becoming VP are probably coming from her team, showing that she is indeed very interested in the job (and praying that Biden doesn't make it a year).

by Anonymousreply 22July 29, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote] Kamala is a backstabber, she'll undermine Biden from day one...

This doesn't make sense. If Kamala wants to be president, and we all know she does, then the best thing that could possibly happen to her is Biden leaving office with 70% approval ratings. It would virtually guarentee she won the election. If Biden's presidency went badly, it would also hurt her. Ambition to be president is what you want in a VP. It's not like they can get the job by killing you.

by Anonymousreply 23July 29, 2020 11:17 PM

What r3 said. They are going to need somebody who is with it to take over for old man Joe.

by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2020 11:17 PM

Exactly, R23. You have to be tough, strong and thick-skinned to be POTUS. Currently, we have a very thin-skinned POS in the WH. When women display strong traits, they're criticized as too ambitious and back-stabbers. I think you need a good mixture of being strong but also being warm and personable. Hilary was not exactly the warmest person whereas Kamala can turn on the warmth which is probably why she rose up so rapidly in politics.

by Anonymousreply 25July 29, 2020 11:22 PM

[quote]I think she's tough, strong and be able to handle it.

She can't handle it, that's the problem. She dropped out of the primaries with just under 3% support. Instead of building up a long term strategy she thought she could unseat Biden with a quick cheap shot attack and it backfired on her.

by Anonymousreply 26July 29, 2020 11:23 PM

I thought it was due to lacking money from the campaign.. The problem was that she didn't have a coherent message or platform. Her stance was all over the place. Maybe she's learned from it.

by Anonymousreply 27July 29, 2020 11:27 PM

[quote]Her stance was all over the place.

That's another problem I have with Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 28July 29, 2020 11:34 PM

[quote]She can't handle it, that's the problem. She dropped out of the primaries with just under 3% support. Instead of building up a long term strategy she thought she could unseat Biden with a quick cheap shot attack and it backfired on her.

Well, she's about to be one heartbeat away from the Presidency. So maybe dropping out last December turned out to be the ultimate successful long-term strategy.

by Anonymousreply 29July 29, 2020 11:41 PM

people...people..people...you know that between the Russian interference, the voting policies and hijacked machines, and the fractured democratic party you're going to be stuck with King Cheeto for another 4 years....the only hope you have is succumbing to Covid 19 as an "I told you so"

by Anonymousreply 30July 29, 2020 11:50 PM

And hopefully, they will prevail

by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2020 11:59 PM

Well it's fucking August now, has he narrowed it down to 10?

by Anonymousreply 32July 30, 2020 12:03 AM

[quote]The problem was that she didn't have a coherent message or platform.

The people associated with her campaign have been very candid, there were numerous people working for her who weren't effective and that was the main thing that led to her downfall. Message is like icing on the cake. You need people on the ground who are masters at strategy. The same thing happened to Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 33July 30, 2020 12:10 AM

LOLOL! Barack Obama wasn't a descendant of slaves either. His mother was white. His white grandparents raised him.

by Anonymousreply 34July 30, 2020 2:09 AM

Here's the thing. Kamala will be very effective on domestic issues. She will be Biden's Biden. But I believe that if Biden doesn't ask Susan Rice to be his running mate, he is definitely going to ask her to be his Secretary of State or National Security Advisor. Susan's expertise is international. If Kamala is VP and Susan, a potential rival, is chosen instead for SoS, it get problematic. Kamala might feel insecure. Therefore I believe Joe will choose Susan for VP and maybe ask Kamala to be AG.

by Anonymousreply 35July 30, 2020 2:32 AM

She's just too cunty.

by Anonymousreply 36July 30, 2020 3:11 AM

And I'm guessing, r33, she took credentialing and resumes and elevator speeches and leaning in all much, much too seriously and wound up with a group of assholes who didn't actually know what they were doing, much like Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 37July 30, 2020 3:13 AM

And now Biden's campaign manager is criticising the articles and implicitly defending Harris. As I said, this maneuver of flooding the zone with negative Kamala stories a week before Joe Biden makes his final decision was ill conceived and not subtle. This entire episode has likely boosted her chances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 30, 2020 3:37 AM

of the names floated, she does seem like the most ready, both to get through a very tough campaign and also to be President if that is necessary.

by Anonymousreply 39July 30, 2020 3:39 AM

I'm just gonna leave this here. It's a collection of a few different headlines from the primary.

And while I like Mayor Pete, he was the most nakedly ambitious person on that debate stage. The reason it rankle some of you bothered by Kamala is pretty obvious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 30, 2020 9:50 AM

Trump's administration has been a pathetic revolving doors of sociopaths and unqualified -- and we're complaining about Harris?

NO. JUST NO>

by Anonymousreply 41July 30, 2020 10:08 AM

She did poorly during the primaries. There's no way denying it.

by Anonymousreply 42July 30, 2020 11:00 AM

The trolls are "complaining." It's part of Psy-Ops, designed to undermine confidence and soften support, discourage people from voting. And any so-called "friendly" media person who highlights it and wants to 'discuss it' deliberately or inadvertently is playing right into the hands of Donnie and the guys who support him. I am not talking about the MAGAts. They're sheeple. I'm talking about the vast network of extremists and conservative money and organizations that prop his decaying carcass up.

by Anonymousreply 43July 30, 2020 11:05 AM

R42 So did Biden in 2008. It didn't stop him from becoming VP, and a good one.

The only people who objectively did well in the primaries are Biden, Bernie, and Bloomberg. So unless you're think Bernie or Bloomberg should get the nod, that's not really a workable standard

by Anonymousreply 44July 30, 2020 11:40 AM

You can't compare 2008 with 2020. There's a lot more focus on who's going to be the VP than in 2008. Biden was a great VP candidate for Obama. They almost complemented each other. Kamala doesn't bring much to the ticket and she's from California.

To be clear, I like her and she's always been one of my favorites, but I'm afraid she's not a good choice. If he chooses her, I hope I'm proven wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 45July 30, 2020 11:51 AM

I just deleted two paragraphs. It doesn’t matter. We are totally fucked. Just take my vote for “Not Trump and Not Pence” so I can pretend that my “vote” matters and let me get on with my struggle.

by Anonymousreply 46July 30, 2020 1:33 PM

Dr. Jill will never embrace Kamala as Joe's VP.

by Anonymousreply 47July 30, 2020 1:37 PM

At the end of the day, Harris >>> All Republicans and many, if not most, Democrats. Every single option has their flaws. No one is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 48July 30, 2020 1:44 PM

Nonsense, In 2008, when it became clear Obama would secure the nomination the concerns over who he'd pick were absolutely critical. Obama was an unknown. People needed to be assured he was going to be viable. Everyone woke up in 2008 under the assumption Hillary Clinton, the seasoned politician with the vast network of support from money people and political pros, was going to kick his ass. When Obama demonstrated he could attract support from white people and wasn't running as a "race" candidate like an Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, and he showed he could raise serious money, the next test was who will he choose for VP. Biden was like a warm bath on a cold night. He reassured the world that this would work. And now, we need similar reassurance. We need the familiar stability and the decency, but we're in deep shit so who ever it is has to be someone serious. Someone who we feel comfortable with who can do the heavy lifting. I said it a few posts ago and I say it again: The only 4 who can bring it are Harris, Warren, Klobuchar and Rice. I think it's going to be either Rice or Harris.

by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2020 3:00 PM

Biden’s hideous behavior with women was an open secret in DC for years.

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2020 3:23 PM

R50, Biden was regularly swimming naked at the VP residence in front of female SS agents.

by Anonymousreply 51July 31, 2020 3:52 PM

'Handsy' will not be an election issue > just ask the pussy grabber in chief or his good friend Jeffrey Epstein. We are also very lucky Hillary is not running for reelection with orgy island with Bills picture attached.

by Anonymousreply 52July 31, 2020 10:20 PM

Look. THis is going to be an ugly fight. "They" will throw every single thing they can come up with at the Dems.They have no plans. They offer nothing but Fear, Division, Distortions and Lies. They have no interest in serving the public. None.

Look at it this way. It is a proven fact that negative campaigning suppresses the vote. Sef suppression is a powerful tool the GOP has used effectively for a very long time. I have been saying, repeatedly for many months: TURN OFF THE NOISE. Stop buying into the bulshit.

People who are already starting to throw mud and sliming potential VP candidates are not here to help defeat Trump. Whether they realize it or not, and a lot of them do realize it, they a re undermining the Democrats' chances. Ed Rendell fucked over Al Gore in 2020, and he has been a tool of the bad side of Wall Street for years. He's a closet Republican, a homophobe and a racist.

This is the silly season. Trump must be defeated. The News Media cannot treat this as business as usual. They can't participate in the Gotcha Politics of the past. Our country is facing an existential threat. The media has a lot to focus on just covering the fucking news.

The political campaign must be addressed differently this time. Trump's campaign is engaged in money laundering. Putin and the Russians are once again interfering. Voter suppression is alive and well and has to be addressed. The Postal system is being deliberately undermined. There's a whole lot of news out there. Tell the news media to stop fucking round with bullshit and do better.

And turn off the damned gossip machine. WHOEVER JOE BIDEN CHOOSES IS FINE. We have to defeat Donald Trump and the Republican Party as a whole. We have to run all of them out of public office. In fact, we ought to cite the Republican Party under RICO as a fucking criminal enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2020 12:16 PM

Well said, R53. About Kamala Harris, she may have some faults but the nitpicking would go on with anyone he picks. We are in the fight for our country. One good thing about Kamala is she's tough and she's a fighter. She took on Bill Barr in Congress and that's what Biden needs, he needs a pit-bull by his side.

by Anonymousreply 54August 1, 2020 12:32 PM

She should not be his running mate.

by Anonymousreply 55August 1, 2020 2:01 PM

[quote]TURN OFF THE NOISE.

W&W and Well said R53!!!!

UNITE - VOTE - WIN

by Anonymousreply 56August 1, 2020 10:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!