Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kelly Ripa IGNORED a dying Regis Philbin

She was still pissed he left Live! when he did. What a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 4, 2020 9:27 AM

We all got a glimpse into Kelly's cuntiness when Strahan left the show and she had a Veruca Salt-style public tantrum about it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 29, 2020 12:43 PM

And what did he do that was so egregious? He had the gall to retire from the program that HE built. The show he was on since 1988, and stayed on with her for 10 years before he finally left. The nerve of this bitch.

[QUOTE] “She got very offended when I left. She thought I was leaving because of her,” he said on Larry King Now, per E! News, but said that he actually decided it was time to go because he was “getting older and it wasn’t right for [him] anymore.”

by Anonymousreply 2July 29, 2020 12:49 PM

She has other things to worry about. Like her daughter becoming a whore.

by Anonymousreply 3July 29, 2020 12:50 PM

My daughter's now showing her Photoshopped tits and ass all over Instagram.

Ain't nobody got time for one of my old employees!

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2020 12:53 PM

She sounds like a real piece of work. The corporate PR statement that she released after his death was announced makes more sense now. If it weren’t for Regis she’d be at home making tomato sauce for her gay husband, probably doing commercials and hosting one of those awful game shows that networks air from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 5July 29, 2020 12:53 PM

Women hold grudges............ to their grave.

by Anonymousreply 6July 29, 2020 12:57 PM

Ripa could teach cunts how to cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7July 29, 2020 12:58 PM

She's a rotten piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 8July 29, 2020 12:58 PM

Her schmaltzy blatant fakeness and Saccharine commentary is such a turn off. I have no idea why people find her watchable. It’s painful for me to watch her - and the Regis tears/sad stories was 10x normal pain.

by Anonymousreply 9July 29, 2020 12:59 PM

R1

Yep. But racists on this forum tried to convince us that Michael Strahan was the “bad” one.

by Anonymousreply 10July 29, 2020 1:01 PM

The fakest person - next to Kathie Lee Gifford

by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2020 1:02 PM

she is a known skunt....fake yes!!! and creepy

by Anonymousreply 12July 29, 2020 1:03 PM

I thought he had Alzheimer's at the end. Did he even remember her? I'm not sure I believe the story.

by Anonymousreply 13July 29, 2020 1:04 PM

Kathy Lee used to bug me, but she seemed to change a bit after Frank's affair. I was much more tolerant to later years drinking on air with Hoda Kathy (although I also saw her a lot less).

by Anonymousreply 14July 29, 2020 1:05 PM

watch out ryan, she will throw u to the wolves and u know it.

fug woman of the highest order.

by Anonymousreply 15July 29, 2020 1:13 PM

R13 No, he didn't have Alzheimer's. He died of heart disease. He appeared in an episode of the TV show his daughter produces, "Single Parents," just a few months ago.

He was quite with it right until the end.

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2020 1:18 PM

That guilt must be eating her alive if she's sincere about regretting the grudge. If anything, I'm sure she's embarassed to have not been invited. At least silly and unctuous Kathy Lee Epstein Gifford got to enjoy lunch with Regis within the last two weeks. She had invited Joy and Regis to her Connecticut home for a visit. That more than likely sticks in Ripa's craw more than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 17July 29, 2020 1:21 PM

The rumor from day one was that they only spoke in front of the cameras and weren't friends offscreen. Given that it was Regis's show first and he was in the position of power when she joined, I find it hard to believe the blame was all hers for their chilly relationship. If anything, Regis probably felt resentful of all the attention Kelly got at first, especially since he'd already been there for ~20 years. There was also a nearly 40 year age difference between them, so I imagine they had almost nothing in common beyond being co-workers. As for her being pissed when he left, there were rumors he was going to start a competing show with Kathie Lee, which if there was any truth to that, I imagine would have infuriated Kelly and with good reason.

by Anonymousreply 18July 29, 2020 1:30 PM

R18 Thanks for weighing in, Mark Consuelos.

by Anonymousreply 19July 29, 2020 1:31 PM

Kelly has released a statement:

[quote]I did not answer Regis's death rattle for reason well known to him.

by Anonymousreply 20July 29, 2020 1:35 PM

This article is made up. Regis didn't leave on his own, he was told to quit by ABC. I remember Howard Stern, who lived in his building, saying what a shame it was that the guy was still with it, still funny, and was being shown the door. He said he spoke to him about it, and Regis didn't want to leave. Regis used to joke about not getting along with Kelly on Letterman, so it was going on for a while.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2020 1:38 PM

I love you, R20

by Anonymousreply 22July 29, 2020 1:39 PM

I think its time for her to go. She got lucky and has enjoyed an excellent run on daytime for over 20 years, and has the nerve to be so entitled when most people only last a few.

by Anonymousreply 23July 29, 2020 1:40 PM

Kelly makes Ellen seem warm and fuzzy.

by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2020 1:41 PM

Hope the storys of her asshole ed ness come out.

she a mean freak.

by Anonymousreply 25July 29, 2020 1:46 PM

No, she wasn't pissed he left all. Quit the opposite it appears...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 29, 2020 1:49 PM

Kelly Ripa-Fart, indeed!

She and Ellen would make a great TV pairing when they both get squeezed out of their own shows for being unbearable cunts. Let them start all over in a new syndicated venture.

They'll be great together.

by Anonymousreply 27July 29, 2020 1:51 PM

Yes, she needs to be exposed like Ellen and Lea Michele.

by Anonymousreply 28July 29, 2020 1:51 PM

In fairness, it's difficult to be forgiving in 2020 when you haven't eaten since 1996.

by Anonymousreply 29July 29, 2020 1:51 PM

Not Attending Funeral

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 30, 2020 12:45 PM

R30

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 31July 30, 2020 12:49 PM

Kelly Ripa gave a very emotional tribute to Regis Philbin on Monday's episode of Liv, but OK! Magazine is reporting that she has not been invited to the funeral!

“You have to understand the dynamic of their relationship,” an 'insider' told OK!. “It was an on-air, not off-air, friendship—and towards the end (of their time on-air together), there was a lot of bad blood.” Word has it that she was NOT pleased when Regis left in 2011. He even confirmed it in a 2017 interview with Larry King.

“She got very offended when I left. She thought I was leaving because of her,” Regis Philbin said which seems to confirm the insider. “I was leaving because I was getting older, and it wasn’t right for me anymore.”

by Anonymousreply 32July 30, 2020 12:50 PM

Not so Blind Item:

[Blind Gossip] It is always interesting to hear who says what after a celebrity passes.

It is especially amusing to hear from celebrities who did not get along with the departed.

Most of the time, they will keep it generic and simply express their sorrow.

It is really jaw-dropping, though, to hear the revisionist history that is being pedaled by a this female celebrity after the passing of her former costar.

After working as an actress for several years, she joined this well-established show.

The star of the show was this older man who is universally regarded as a very professional, very nice person.

In fact, if you talk to his previous female costar, she has nothing but great things to say about him. That sentiment is very real. The two of them worked together for many years and remained close friends until the very end.

Eventually, that female costar moved on.

Young Female really, really wanted to replace her. She fawned all over Male Star and pretended to idolize him. It worked. Male Star advocated for Young Female to get the gig. She did.

Then she turned on him.

She was a total snake in the grass! She was kissing up to him directly but behind his back she was whispering to producers that he was getting too old for the job and that the show needed to replace him to attract a younger audience.

Male Star eventually left the show.

He was very upset that he got pushed out of the show. He was never one to create conflict or to publicly hate on anyone, though, so he just moved on and did not make a big deal of it.

Male Star and Young Female did not remain friends after this happened. In fact, they pretty much never spoke again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 30, 2020 12:53 PM

Thank you, Kelly, for making me look so good.

by Anonymousreply 34July 30, 2020 1:07 PM

She got the belly button she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 35July 30, 2020 1:19 PM

Regis was old and not part of Ripa's gay posse. so she ignored him. Now she's trying to make nice, but she couldn't even do that right when she had Seacrest appear with her and sign her phony baloney condolence note.

You blew it, Ripa. And Regis made you.

by Anonymousreply 36July 30, 2020 1:19 PM

Remember when Clay Aiken tried to touch her and she freaked out at him yelling "Don't touch me, I don't know where you've been."

by Anonymousreply 37July 30, 2020 2:03 PM

R37 my very favorite moment EVER on that show. I revisit the whole thing and the aftermath on YouTube frequently. The looks on those Dancing with the Stars faces...OMG!

by Anonymousreply 38July 30, 2020 2:07 PM

She is so fuming about all of this lol

I want to like Anderson Cooper, but his horrible friends are preventing me. Why does he keep such awful company?

by Anonymousreply 39July 30, 2020 2:12 PM

And don't forget R37 when Rosie O'Donnell called her out on The View about it and saying Kelly was being homophobic to Clay (and this was before Clay decided to come out!)

by Anonymousreply 40July 30, 2020 2:35 PM

[quote]Not Attending Funeral

In the same sense that Donald Trump was not attending the funerals of John McCain and Barbara Bush: Expressly NOT INVITED.

by Anonymousreply 41July 30, 2020 2:37 PM

PLEASE let her pull a Sarah Jane and throw herself on the casket! Please please please

by Anonymousreply 42July 30, 2020 2:41 PM

For shits and giggles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 30, 2020 2:45 PM

And people defended Kelly doing the same to Regis because “they’re like family”. Bullshit.

She was rude on the show and was talking over the guests and Clay. He had to do what he had to do. So fuck her and her defenders.

by Anonymousreply 44July 30, 2020 2:50 PM

serves him right for foisting that bitch onto the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 45July 30, 2020 2:53 PM

Rail thin women are usually grade A cunts

by Anonymousreply 46July 30, 2020 2:57 PM

Who here wants Clay Aiken’s fingers in their mouth?

Not I

Kelly made Regis bearable as he’d often get out OF CONTROL!!

by Anonymousreply 47July 30, 2020 2:59 PM

This is a woman who was cunty ON AIR with both Judith Light, Tom Hanks AND Clay Aiken, so this somehow doesn't shock me.

by Anonymousreply 48July 30, 2020 3:00 PM

She does seem worse than Ellen but she’s not being canceled. Hm.

by Anonymousreply 49July 30, 2020 3:12 PM

The greatest cunt that ever cunted. And here’s a photo of her husband when he was a male stripper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 30, 2020 3:15 PM

anybody can see him that him being out of their show was the best thing that ever happened to her career.

by Anonymousreply 51July 30, 2020 3:22 PM

There are no friends in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 52July 30, 2020 3:45 PM

She wasn't family, they just worked together.

by Anonymousreply 53July 30, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote] She does seem worse than Ellen but she’s not being canceled.

It's coming.

by Anonymousreply 54July 30, 2020 4:05 PM

r50

Yeah right.

by Anonymousreply 55July 30, 2020 5:30 PM

R55 Are you saying that's not Mark? Actually, it is. He WAS a stripper before he hit the big time. He and Kelly talk about it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 56July 30, 2020 5:58 PM

I never understand why people think that entertainers should be and remain close friends with everybody they ever worked with. I can't think of a single person I worked with ten years ago that I would want invited to my funeral. We got along fine, but... it's work.

by Anonymousreply 57July 30, 2020 6:09 PM

Twitter is filled with specific anecdotes of Ellen being mean; e.g. the p.a. who held the elevator door for her and then got a call from his/her boss saying Ellen wanted them fired.

I can't seem to find any specific ones saying Kelly's not nice.

Yes, she and Reege had great on air rapport; but they're not family. and they had their own lives. the show asked Regis to step down so they could control the future of the show.

I don't get the Kelly hate. at all.

by Anonymousreply 58July 30, 2020 8:16 PM

Set Your DVR: Friday, July 31 - "Live with Kelly and Ryan" - "Regis Farewell Celebration." His final episode on November 18, 2011. Check Local Listings

by Anonymousreply 59July 30, 2020 8:17 PM

[quote]I don't get the Kelly hate. at all.

See R48.

by Anonymousreply 60July 30, 2020 9:36 PM

I hope Joaquin didn’t inherit her cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 61July 30, 2020 9:42 PM

[quote]I never understand why people think that entertainers should be and remain close friends with everybody they ever worked with. I can't think of a single person I worked with ten years ago that I would want invited to my funeral. We got along fine, but... it's work.

There were literally two people physically on camera on the damn show. It wasn't like she worked in an office with 50 people in it.

And Kelly is there because of Regis.

The show that she has made millions off of over the years and that has kept her in the spotlight for decades she has because of him.

It's called "professional courtesy."

Save the last dance for the one who brought you to the ball.

It's obvious the woman couldn't even be bothered to send him a Christmas card once a year.

by Anonymousreply 62July 30, 2020 9:56 PM

Kelly gets a lot of hate over on previously.tv too. She's had a successful career, she's thin, blond, has gorgeous children, and a hunky husband.

There's your answer.

by Anonymousreply 63July 30, 2020 10:03 PM

[quote] Why does he keep such awful company?

r39 Maybe because birds of a feather . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 64July 31, 2020 12:56 AM

[quote] I never understand why people think that entertainers should be and remain close friends with everybody they ever worked with. I can't think of a single person I worked with ten years ago that I would want invited to my funeral. We got along fine, but... it's work.

[quote]There were literally two people physically on camera on the damn show. It wasn't like she worked in an office with 50 people in it. And Kelly is there because of Regis. The show that she has made millions off of over the years and that has kept her in the spotlight for decades she has because of him. It's called "professional courtesy." Save the last dance for the one who brought you to the ball. It's obvious the woman couldn't even be bothered to send him a Christmas card once a year.

What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2020 1:32 AM

Stop putting celebrities on pedestals. They just worked together.

by Anonymousreply 66July 31, 2020 1:34 AM

So you guys talk about Kelly vs Clay &

don't post the IE beatdown that they gave Ripa?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 31, 2020 2:23 AM

Imagine how his son must have felt. And Regis is an old ma. And Kelly is a coworker, not blood.

by Anonymousreply 68July 31, 2020 2:36 AM

R58 is right.

And listen,Regis was no saint — not to everyone in the business and not to his own family. Blaming Kelly for their not being close is just fucking ridiculous.

Regis had an ENORMOUS ego, and he LEFT the show when ABC wouldn’t give in to his contract demands. He wasn’t pushed out. You think he wouldn’t have given us the details in the last 10 years if he was pushed out???

by Anonymousreply 69July 31, 2020 3:44 AM

Kelly Ripa has no redeemable qualities. they got rid of regis because he had dementia, but kelly has a huge hand in it.

by Anonymousreply 70July 31, 2020 3:57 AM

Mark was never built

by Anonymousreply 71July 31, 2020 4:18 AM

Backstage they call her turdy....

by Anonymousreply 72July 31, 2020 8:24 AM

[quote]Kelly Ripa has no redeemable qualities. they got rid of regis because he had dementia, but kelly has a huge hand in it.

No, he worked four days a week, Fridays off and he wanted another day off at full salary. It wasn't a part time job. It's called show BUSINESS.

by Anonymousreply 73July 31, 2020 8:35 AM

Didn't Reeg get a huge payday for doing double duty and hosting 'Millionaire' when it was on primetime several nights a week in it's heyday?

by Anonymousreply 74July 31, 2020 8:39 AM

Why would Regis, or anyone, care about Kelly Ripa?

by Anonymousreply 75July 31, 2020 8:52 AM

Isn't it possible she wasn't invited to the funeral because of Covid?? Most funerals these days are being kept very small. That said, KR is a cunt whom I never could stand. My ex loved watching that bitch every morning which was a major turn-off and red flag for me.

by Anonymousreply 76August 3, 2020 12:21 PM

its all in her face......leathery grumpy old biddy.

by Anonymousreply 77August 4, 2020 9:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!