Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Peter Thiel is funding far right Kansas Senate candidate Kris Kobach

Kobach's anti-immigrant with ties to white supremacists. Yuck. Why doesn't he spend his $$$ helping people instead of funding right-wing nuts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2020 5:36 AM

Because he is evil, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 1July 28, 2020 3:12 AM

oh, another rich twat who needs a serious tax increase, partly to save himself from himself.

by Anonymousreply 2July 28, 2020 3:13 AM

Peter is a messy parTy bttm. šŸ’©

by Anonymousreply 3July 28, 2020 3:16 AM

Eww the man looks like Lucifer

by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2020 3:19 AM

excuse you, Lucifer is hotness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2020 3:21 AM

Peter Thiel is pretty close to a real life Bond villian.

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2020 3:27 AM

If he's elected to the senate, he'll probably vote to confirm anti-gay justices. Thanks, Pete!

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2020 3:36 AM

another argument for getting rid of all billionaires. Even the ones who aren't complete assholes have no business being billionaires. but the Thiels just make it that much easier.

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2020 3:37 AM

See and Theil is probably the real one drinking the QAnon andrechrome or whatever itā€™s called. Heā€™s like a weird vampire cryogenic nut job

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2020 3:42 AM

Peter Thiel seems like a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2020 3:44 AM

All that money, and not one shirt that fits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2020 3:51 AM

I suspect every billionaire becomes a psychopath eventually. Seriously, a very high marginal tax rate saves everyone from themselves.

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2020 3:54 AM

r11, he's living proof that not all gay men have good taste

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2020 3:56 AM

Absolutely has the worst taste ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2020 4:01 AM

Considering the GOP is terrified that kobach will win the primary and get his ass kicked in the general, go ahead.

There's a reason the GOP refused to find that wingnut themselves. It's because he already lost to a Democrat when he ran for governor. Remember that in 2018?

Barbara Bollier is the Dem candidate for Senate and has a good shot. Better if kobach wins the primary. He isn't wanted in Kansas.

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2020 4:08 AM

He has Roy Cohn leathery acne damaged POZ skin.

by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2020 4:22 AM

Whatā€™s his deal with immigration? Heā€™s a fucking immigrant!

by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2020 4:42 AM

Are we doing contractions on proper nouns this casually?

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2020 4:45 AM

Has Thiel ever posted here?

Are we sure heā€™s not really a they?

by Anonymousreply 19July 28, 2020 4:45 AM

Peter has no soul. Always look vacant and lost.

by Anonymousreply 20July 28, 2020 5:04 AM

Nazis gonna Nazi

by Anonymousreply 21July 28, 2020 5:08 AM

The Sex Pistols wrote a song about Thiel, 'Pretty Vacant'!

He's so unattractive, why are so many super wealthy men incredibly ugly.

by Anonymousreply 22July 28, 2020 5:09 AM

He said he was "proud" to be gay at the RNC and the Deplorables were like "what the f*ck?!!!" And he is still giving his money to people who despise him. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 23July 28, 2020 5:23 AM

Because he's wealthy enough that his hate for others supersedes his dignity. Only money matters.

by Anonymousreply 24July 28, 2020 5:25 AM

I bet it burns him up that Kylie Jenner has more money than him.

by Anonymousreply 25July 28, 2020 5:28 AM

German AND white South African. What a combo!

by Anonymousreply 26July 28, 2020 5:41 AM

I will never, ever, ever get over the fact that he was allowed to buy NZ citizenship for a $1 million ($700k USD in 2011) after spending twelve days* in the country. Then the whole thing was kept secret until someone from the Overseas Investment Office accidentally outed him to a reporter and the Department of Internal Affairs was forced to come clean.

2011's Minister of Internal Affairs Nathan Guy, speaking in 2017:

[quote]This story got legs because of his connection to the Trump regime. He has been a great ambassador for New Zealand, a great salesperson. He is a fine individual, good character, he has invested a lot in New Zealand, heā€™s got great reach into the US and I am very comfortable with the decision that I made.

*For anyone else, they'd have to spend 70% of their time in NZ over five-year period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 28, 2020 6:13 AM

R27, ugh, that's outrageous. I would expect better from New Zealand. WTF? Also, Peter looks terrible (yet again) in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 28July 28, 2020 6:24 AM

Are there any nice and well adjusted Afrikaaners? At all? Musk, Thiel, Charlize Theron all seem thoroughly unpleasant. Granted that's a small sample size to be fair but still.

by Anonymousreply 29July 28, 2020 6:31 AM

I thought Musk(y) was Serb/Croatian/whatever.

by Anonymousreply 30July 28, 2020 6:35 AM

R30 no, south African born and raised

by Anonymousreply 31July 28, 2020 6:38 AM

Afrikaaners are deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 32July 28, 2020 6:43 AM

Peter Thiel has always had a borderline personality.

Such self-loathing gays people are always attracted to troubled, directionless vandals like Kobach.

by Anonymousreply 33July 28, 2020 6:46 AM

All that money wasted, so they don't have to pay taxes? Now that's what I call pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 34July 28, 2020 7:48 AM

[quote] All that money wasted, so they don't have to pay taxes?

It's actually an Apocalypse Retreat for the wealthy.

[quote] The Super Rich of Silicon Valley Have a Doomsday Escape Plan

[quote] Peter Thiel, the billionaire co-founder of PayPal, ignited an uproar when he was granted citizenship after spending just 12 days in the country, prompting allegations that New Zealandā€™s passport was for sale. Thiel, 50, owns a $13.8 million home on 477 acres (193 hectares) in the lakeside town of Wanaka, with views of snow-capped mountains, and purchased another property in Queenstown, outfitted with a safe room.

[quote] ā€œIf youā€™re the sort of person that says ā€˜Iā€™m going to have an alternative plan when Armageddon strikes,ā€™ then you would pick the farthest location and the safest environment ā€” and that equals New Zealand if you Google it,ā€ former Prime Minister John Key said in a phone interview.

[quote] ā€œItā€™s known as the last bus stop on the planet before you hit Antarctica,ā€ he said. ā€œIā€™ve had a lot of people say to me that they would like to own a property in New Zealand if the world goes to hell in a handbasket.ā€

He gave tons of money to get Donald Trump elected in 2016. And just in case the Democrats were correct in the possibility that Donald would be a existential threat to the world (his potential to start a nuclear war or ignore the seriousness of climate change), Peter had a Plan B.

Plan B for Me but not for Thee. Good luck, suckers.

by Anonymousreply 35July 28, 2020 2:29 PM

Link for r35

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 28, 2020 2:29 PM

So basically, this foreign Nazi trash helps fund the demise of this country and then gets to leave. He is a parasitic demon.

by Anonymousreply 37July 28, 2020 2:33 PM

I read somewhere that Democrats are secretly funnelling money to Kobach thinking he'd be easier to defeat. That said, Thiel is a pure neonazi evil.

by Anonymousreply 38July 28, 2020 2:36 PM

I haven't really paid attention and forgive my ignorance: How is Kobach easier to beat in KS when it's such a red state? I mean they have two Republican senators. If he wins the primary, why wouldn't he just win in November being a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 39July 28, 2020 2:40 PM

R39, he got the nomination in the gubernatorial race in ā€˜18 & managed to lose to a Democrat. In Kansas. So go Kobach!

by Anonymousreply 40July 28, 2020 3:14 PM

[quote]Kobach's anti-immigrant

Thiel is a carpetbagger.

He's a German who moved to the US and became a citizen.

After he's made his billions, he's now a NZ citizen.

by Anonymousreply 41July 28, 2020 3:19 PM

R41, I think we both know what it means when assholes like (K)ris (K)obach from (K)ansas are anti-immigrant.

To quote a deplorable when asked about Melania's questionable immigration status: "At least she's white." They'd prefer an unsavory type like her than some brilliant tech guy from one of them brown countries.

by Anonymousreply 42July 28, 2020 3:24 PM

Kris Kobach with his spiked hair, muscular body, and handsome face is a DILF.

by Anonymousreply 43July 28, 2020 3:33 PM

R43, there are tons of guys for you to drool over who aren't repulsive cunts. Do better.

by Anonymousreply 44July 28, 2020 3:37 PM

AWESOME. Kris Kobach is a true piece of shit. A right wing loon with no real understanding of legislation or public policy. He is such a fuckup that he lost the governors race in Kansas and they now have a democratic governor. Do you know how much of a fuckup you have to be in order to lose the Gov race in Kansas as a Republican?

This puts the seat in contention for Democrats. Kobach can lose. No other Republican can lose. If anything, Thiel is helping Democrats (who are buying their own ads for Kobach to help him in the primary).

Kobach isn't just weaker than other Republicans running for that seat, he is literally the only chance in hell Dems have to win. Dems have a great candidate who has raised big money. Think of it like the Alabama senate race. It took a child molester Republican for Dems to squeak out a win. This race takes Kobach.

by Anonymousreply 45July 28, 2020 3:37 PM

"I bet it burns him up that Kylie Jenner has more money than him."

She doesn't

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 28, 2020 4:11 PM

[quote]He said he was "proud" to be gay at the RNC and the Deplorables were like "what the f*ck?!!!" And he is still giving his money to people who despise him. Sad.

Some of those people probably get secret kicks out of that taking money from Thiel and they know they need his money for campaign funds. They might see taking money from a gay guy like Thiel as "bleeding the gay beast".

I've seen similar shit like on this on a much smaller scale. I have a cousin who is very conservative Christian and attends one of those Pentecostal churches. He and his wife are racist and homophobic. Both have had constant financial problems for years and have been on government assistance off and on. They have a history of asking for money and have taken money from people in their lives who they have bashed in the past for being non-religious, gay, Democrats, immigrants etc. Some people in my family who have lent them money or given them things in the past have regretted it because my cousin and his wife later on resume their nasty attitudes.

by Anonymousreply 47July 28, 2020 7:01 PM

OP, what else did you expect from the guy who funded FB???

by Anonymousreply 48July 28, 2020 7:15 PM

So is Peter Puss a German with Afrikaaner ancestry? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 49July 28, 2020 7:21 PM

A right-wing libertarian sociopath funding a far-right psychopathic liar. Sounds like a prescription for more disaster!

by Anonymousreply 50July 28, 2020 7:24 PM

Why was he allowed to obtain NZ citizenship? I thought NZ was more principled than that.

by Anonymousreply 51July 28, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote][R30] no, south African born and raised

Fun fact: His mom peddles Olay products

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 28, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote] Tech billionaire Peter Thiel may ditch Trump because he thinks Trump will lose

"May" is the operative word.

[quote] Billionaire Peter Thiel, the most famous Trump supporter in tech, is distancing himself from the presidentā€™s reelection campaign. Thiel fears President Donald Trump will lose the race, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal. Thiel soured on Trump after COVID-19 left tens of millions of Americans unemployed; the billionaire believes that there will be a profound recession when November rolls around, making Trump vulnerable to challenge.

[quote] Thiel was already losing faith in Trump in March because of the presidentā€™s slow and ineffective response to the threat posed by COVID-19. That was before Thiel reckoned with the scale of the economic catastrophe set in motion by the inadequate government response to the virus.

[quote] The venture capitalist still may plan on voting for Trump, The Wall Street Journal reports. Instead of financially supporting Trump in November, Thiel now reportedly plans to focus his money on helping Republicans win Congressional races; apparently Thiel fears for the down-ballot races in the event of a Trump loss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 28, 2020 8:01 PM

New Zealand isn't quite the utopia the rest of the world believes it to be, R51. We have our own subspecies of Deplorables.

The decision to grant citizenship was made by Nathan Guy, a National Party MP who was the Minister of Internal Affairs at the time. Here he is ā€” before the release of documents he never expected to be made public ā€” lying about the length of time Peter Thiel had spent in the country. He says it at 00:27.

[quote]Of course he'd had residency for a long period of time; five years, plus.

In reality, according to his own department's records, Peter Thiel had spent a total of twelve days in the country and had admitted he had no intention of ever moving to NZ. The latter is the only positive aspect of this story...for us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 28, 2020 8:03 PM

R54, I just looked him up. I see that he is also anti-gay marriage. I guess Thiel doesn't mind because he's so fucking ugly no one in their right mind would ever marry him without getting a joint bank account first.

by Anonymousreply 55July 28, 2020 8:14 PM

Internet search:

[quote] Thiel married his long-time partner Matt Danzeisen in October 2017, in Vienna, Austria. Danzeisen works as a portfolio manager at Thiel Capital.

Peter and husband at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 28, 2020 8:40 PM

VOMIT^

by Anonymousreply 57July 28, 2020 8:41 PM

What odious people all around. One of those stories that makes you more cynical as you read deeper. There really is no hope for the human race.

by Anonymousreply 58July 28, 2020 9:22 PM

Kobach must have either a huge cock or tight ass for Thiel.

by Anonymousreply 59July 28, 2020 9:28 PM

ā€œIf you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.ā€ -D. Parker

by Anonymousreply 60July 28, 2020 9:50 PM

Gay married Republicans are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 61July 28, 2020 9:58 PM

DL prefers closeted gays who pretend to be straight, then win Oscars and Emmys for playing gay characters and are lauded for their "bravery"

But heaven forbid someone acknowledge a black gay or trans person like Laverne or Billy Porter

by Anonymousreply 62July 28, 2020 9:59 PM

R54, from New Zealand, who are these NZ deplorables, do they live in a certain area of NZ, are they religious freaks, etc.? I spent the entire month of January in NZ, went all over North, South, and Stewart Islands, and met (mostly) friendly and educated/aware people.

by Anonymousreply 63July 28, 2020 10:47 PM

The religious freaks tend to be Polynesian, R63, but very few match the freakiness of American religious freaks. The worst 99% of them will do is ask if you've ever read the Book of Mormon and then ask if you'd like to have the missionaries visit and give you a copy. When you say no, they say "if you ever change your mind, we're here" and that's the end of it.

It's the same with right-of-centre politics. 'Right' in NZ would probably be centrist in the US, but that's not to say that there isn't a fringe element. There are active right-wing extremists; there are people who screamed bloody murder when the red carpet wasn't rolled out for Lauren Southern and Stefan Molyneux; and there are people who just quietly worship Trump and Nigel Farage. All that's stopping them is not having the numbers.

The vast majority of the right-of-centre would be closer to pre-Tea Party/Evangelical Republicans or Blue Dog Democrats. Of the larger cities, Dunedin and Christchurch are the worst and the South Island overall is more conservative than the North.

So while we don't have anything close to the American South, we do have a lot of people who are openly and proudly deplorable. Some examples:

The guy in the waiting are who, in response to Jacinda Ardern on TV, said, 'someone needs to shove a cock down that whore's throat and shut her up' and then looked around smiling like he was expecting high fives from everyone.

The homophobia that pours out at the slightest scratch of the surface. When Air New Zealand partnered with Big Gay Out 'concerned citizens' were perfectly willing to be interviewed using their real names and showing their faces. Their main complaint was that companies try to be politically correct and end up spitting in the faces of the nice, normal people who keep them in business.

The shrieking histrionics when the names of Niggerhead (now Tāwhai Hill), Nigger Stream (PÅ«kio Stream), and Nigger Hill (Kānuka Hills) were FINALLY changed in 2016 (2016!!). Worse, they were changed to Māori names ā€” something that's particularly triggering as they go out of their way to intentionally mispronounce Māori words and getting PÅ«kio wrong is tricky. I guess they'd have to put the accent on the 'ki' but that isn't nearly as dramatic as their usual manglings. Sad!

The whole 'that boy needs to learn his place' thing that immediately spews forth whenever Taika Waititi says something that isn't 100% positive. They become unhinged when someone with worldwide recognition tells the truth.

And, more subtly, the way that even the mainstream media adjusts his adjectives depending on the circumstances:

Kiwi filmmaker Taika Waititi wins Oscar!

Māori filmmaker Taika Waititi disparages New Zealand's environmental record

I could go on, but this is already TL;DR.

by Anonymousreply 64July 29, 2020 12:58 AM

R64, thank you, very informative. Yes, I thought Christchurch had a trashy vibe (similar to redneck USA).

by Anonymousreply 65July 29, 2020 1:18 AM

I was surprised that his husband barely looks any better than him. I guess when youā€™re that evil your options are limited, even if youā€™re a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 66July 29, 2020 1:45 AM

He was funding Kobach before too, if I recall. The Kochs as well. Kobach is a joke but so was Brownback, and he eventually got elected after huge infusions of cash from far-right billionaires.

And look at where Pompeo got, he was bought and paid for years ago by the Kochs who found him when they were very specifically shopping for a military far-right stooge they could eventually plant in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 67July 29, 2020 1:47 AM

I just get the sense that heā€™s into a lot of dark shit..

by Anonymousreply 68July 29, 2020 1:49 AM

Say what you will about this evil man, but unlike la senatrice and cockgobbler, he invested his money to defend gay rights and financed many gay causes.

That said, billionaires gonna billionaire. You don't get billions by being empathetic, unless you inherit it.

by Anonymousreply 69July 29, 2020 2:14 AM

[quote]he invested his money to defend gay rights and financed many gay causes.

WTF are you talking about? That's like saying he bought really nice furniture for a house that he paid pyromaniacs to burn down. There is no point in financing whatever "gay causes" he finances when he pays to elect the homophobes who put other homophobes in power - like on the bench.

by Anonymousreply 70July 29, 2020 2:18 AM

If you're interested, R65, just to give you an idea of what's lurking beneath our clean, green, pristine surface, here's a New Zealand Geographic Board pdf of emails they received regarding the name changes.

Synopses written by the person charged with reading them are at the top of the document; full text is below.

[quote]Nigger is just a shortened form of the word Negro [It has more letters?] or a person from Nigeria. Words can only be derogatory if intended to be. Being PC. Sick of Māori names.

[quote]Word derives from Niger. Being PC. Has always and will always continue to called black negros Niggers. Word doesn't apply to aboriginals or Māoris

[quote]Is racist to change the names. Next we'll call NZ Aotearoa, have the word well entrenched. PC handwringing brigade, Māori never had a written language [why is this relevant?], PC Wankers causing a racial divide over the last 25 years like Doug Graham and Geoffrey Palmer. [Our] job is paid for by raping and pillaging the poor taxpayers.

[quote]There are Māori names in poor taste (anatomy), the word Nigger isn't offensive, black people call themselves niggers, cites Dambusters dog, use by famous authors. Word isn't discriminatory, no evidence it's derogatory, cites catalogue of photo portraits by CH Allen [no context] including one title 'A Nigger', depicting an aboriginal person. All the proposed names are 'risible', confusing, imply associations that don't exist. Meaning of words change over time. Also equates removing Nigger names to ISIS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 29, 2020 3:13 AM

"Say what you will about this evil man, but unlike la senatrice and cockgobbler, he invested his money to defend gay rights and financed many gay causes."

Yet still gives millions to homophobes like Ted Cruz

by Anonymousreply 72July 29, 2020 3:41 AM

Is he hot or DL hot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 31, 2020 1:28 PM

He's hot enough for me!

by Anonymousreply 74July 31, 2020 4:31 PM

Do you think they fucked?

by Anonymousreply 75July 31, 2020 4:32 PM

Why don't you all try to cancel this asshole?

by Anonymousreply 76July 31, 2020 4:42 PM

Pete's bf lost! So sad!

by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2020 2:25 AM

Kobach losing gives the GOP a better chance yo hold onto this Senate seat, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2020 2:54 AM

Please support Dr. Barbara Bollier!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2020 3:04 AM

I knew Kris in college (we were the same class). He was always that far crazy right-wing, but he was very nice and charming back then.

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2020 3:22 AM

Also, back then (1984-88) he wore Photogrey aviator lenses, so he was much less attractive than he became as an adult. He always looked like an astronaut, but he wasn't attractive then.

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2020 3:24 AM

What school, R80?

And, any speculation as to what caused the crazy? Family? Abuse?

Reading about him just now, he seems to be as obsessed with "the law" and "right vs. wrong" as actually racist. Or maybe that was just the voice the article was written in to make him sound less like a raving lunatic...

by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2020 3:35 AM

it's almost like rich gay assholes are as annoying as rich straight assholes. Wha happen???

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2020 3:37 AM

[quote] What school, [R80]?

Harvard.

[quote] And, any speculation as to what caused the crazy? Family? Abuse?

No idea. He's from the western suburbs of Kansas City--I think his father owned a car dealership there.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2020 3:43 AM

His Wiki reads like an obsessive psychopath. Like he's too smart to actually be functional at anything.

Also, I have a bias against those Christian zealots who have five daughters; it's like the vow to keep sticking it in the abused wife until a boy comes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2020 4:20 AM

R23 I thought it was unfathomable at the time that Thiel was speaking at the RNC podium about how he was a proud gay man -- just weeks after he'd succeeded in destroying Gawker Media for outing him.

He is a rabid Republican hardliner, or at least supports them, but yet was more than pleased to use the marriage equality his party fought tooth and nail to prevent to marry his husband. Pity all of that money cannot buy him some self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2020 5:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!