Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bottled Water vs Tap: Which Is Better?

Quite the vivid discussion happening right now on this topic in the Shopping For Groceries Is Like Hell Right Now (PT 9) thread.

Now it can have a thread of its own!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 9:53 AM

Neither. The tears of everyone I’ve ever disappointed will keep me hydrated plenty for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 1July 28, 2020 1:44 AM

depends on where you are? nyc water tastes delicious, philadelphia water tastes grody. so when in phila, bottled water.

by Anonymousreply 2July 28, 2020 1:47 AM

OP, it depends whether you're in Vancouver BC or in Mexico City.

by Anonymousreply 3July 28, 2020 1:49 AM

R2 is correct. In NYC, the tap water is from mountain springs and reservoirs upstate. It's purified, filtered, monitored and distributed to lower Westchester County and NYC by the New York City Department of Environmental Protection. NYC water is what gives NYC pizza, bagels, rye bread, challlah, croissants, and coffee so much more flavor, texture and character.

If you're in Michigan or Indiana or Arizona or Nassau County, drink bottled water.

by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2020 1:54 AM

In Nevada you have to drink bottled. The tap water is horrible. Amusing side note: "Dasani" by Coke translates to 'tap water for morons'.

by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2020 3:52 PM

Not amusing, and not true.

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2020 5:14 PM

In SF I drink filtered (in my home) tap water.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2020 5:21 PM

LA's tap water has a cummy aftertaste.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 7:14 AM

Bottled water is bad for the planet.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 7:16 AM

R5 True I live in Nevada. I’ve never bought so much bottled water in my entire life. Even with a filter on the sink… The water still taste disgusting. I try to avoid swallowing water in the shower as well.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 7:21 AM

I’m a proud New Yorker and I love our tap water.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 9:33 AM

Only sparkling and carbonated water is suitable. I can't drink still water, it doesn't properly hydrate me, induces a vague nausea, and it makes me run to the toilet every 5 minutes. The same amount of sparkling water or even milk doesn't have that effect.

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 9:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!